What were your thoughts on pic related when it was first announced?

I was fucking excited for the Virtual Console shit and Mario Galaxy. I didn't give a shit about the motion controls or Wii Sports, if anything they just a good excuse for my parents to buy the thing for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPK3WxUH8Qg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was disapoinmted in the motion gimmicks, and it haveing virtually the same power as gamecube.

But the virtual console and mario galaxy were cool. Overall, it was one of the worse Nintendo systems for a hardcore gamer such as myself

>hardcore gamer
Get out

Thought it was a weird party machine. Later I realized it had a lot of hidden neat games, it was my daughter's first system and she still plays it

Didn't appeal to me. Like said the motion control gimmick didn't sell me. Also their entire ad campaign was centered around kids and grandmas playing video games so that didn't do much for a kid who liked Halo, Gears, R6, and CoD. Besides it seemed like everyone had a 360, the weird kids had the Wii and no one had a PS3. Also naming a console Wii made it the butt of a bunch of jokes.

i fell for the meme i thought motion controls was the future

I can't wait for LucasArts to make a new Jedi game.

motion controls in the Wii era were funniky, the the point where it coined the name "wagglan" - but modern motion controls (DualShock 4/Wii U gamepad gyros) work exceptionally well: they're easily better than analog sticks. Sadly, shitty motion of the past has resulted in a negative perception of motion controls as a whole, meaning we're not likely to see motion controls used widely anytime soon.

Im legit hyped to buy this for myself at christmas because im a poorfag and I missed out on the mario galaxy games

I though it had wiimotion+ like functionality back in 2006

boy was I dissapointed

>gamer
Fag

>no one had a PS3

because people fell for the Wii-360 meme

damn cucks

I'm just gonna say that the wii has a lot of underapreciated gems. People shit on it, but since it had lower graphical standards, they had to make games that were actually cool and unique and not regurgitated garbage. No more heros to name one. House of the dead overkill and little kings story too.

Oh great, a dildo for me and my mom

I'm playing Little King's Story right now (on Wii) and it's an incredible surprise.
If only they fixed the map.

it was a great system with great games.
its downfall was spectacular, but outside of that good times.

You just didn't look. There was plenty.

Man, why couldn't the US get box art that cool?
Great games. Some of my all time favorites. Replaying 2 right now and I'm on the Alice fight.

It looks shit and it will be shit

I was right

LONDON

Funny thing is looking back, 7th gen consoles were pretty good.

They had some of the highest highs
>red dead redemption
>halo 3
>Mario galaxy 1 and 2
>uncharted 2
But also some of the lowest lows
>dlc
>microtransactions
>horse armor
>cod 4

>yuu say yuu want a revorution?
>weru, wii've got wan

The announcement itself was pretty good.

c'mon now, the Wii?

lost my shit in amazement when I found out it was only going be about 1 dvd case tall and dvd 3 wide.
thought the future with jetpacks was going be next

>Sonic and the Secret Rings

No way in hell is that game with looking into.

50% of those are crap
30% are multiplatform games better played on other platforms

I thought it was dumb, and the only reason I got it was zelda looked cool and someone offered to buy it for me on black friday.
I played TP like four times then gave it to my cousins, who promptly broke the sensors and lost the game

I was entranced by the reveal trailer for the Wiimote.

youtube.com/watch?v=yPK3WxUH8Qg

That was some slick, slick marketing on Nintendo's part.

unironically recommending sonic colors, unleashed, or secret rings

I thought it was revolutionary and super hyped. I was super impressed by twilight princess when it came out a week later. I was only like 11 though but I love TP to this day despite its many short comings. I have the Amiibo and the ost and 2 copies of the wii u version. I only wanted the amiibo and the ost but I had already bought just the game months before but I bought a package which came with the ost and amiibo and didn't realise it came with another copy of the game. Oh well. I later on went on to come to hate the wii and got a 360 for Christmas in 2008. But the wii is second for me as one of the best consoles ever. The 360 comes first those exclusives were good. At the time at least. But I really enjoyed TP, Brawl and No more heroes. Playing on the wii was one of the best 2 years of my life.

>30% are multiplatform games better played on other platforms
I'm not going to spend $1000 on vidya consoles user, one console is enough.

I knew it would be big, but it just didn't appeal to me at all.

I ended up getting one a few years after it's launch and it was just okay. A few gems here and there, but ultimately a library bloated with shovelware and waggleshit.

>2005 trailer
shoot me now

It's my favorite Nintendo system ever. it has a lot of great games and also hidden gems, I had so much fun pirating it like I never had.

I was waiting for the scene to take off on the wii u but so far the scene is dead, at least the console itself granted a few amazing games.

> one console is enough.
the buy a PC, since it has the most / best games . what a dummy

Holy shit I feel stupid mow for falling for this. This is why I don't watch games media in anyway shape or form any more.

PC is not a console.