So whats the verdict on the new Mankind Divided DLC? Is it worth 12 dollaronis?

So whats the verdict on the new Mankind Divided DLC? Is it worth 12 dollaronis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4CVKbVtTsc
youtube.com/watch?v=VQx-fLuin28
7cuilgaming.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/on-stephen-shellen-and-why-gaming-must-grow-some-empathy/
twitter.com/DeusEx/status/779307567029813248
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

no

maybe

I just cant support DLC this early, as much as I adore the franchise

i don't know

I don't know

Could you repeat the question?

>cut 3 hours from the main game before release
>sell it for 12 bucks after a month from the release

Bravo Square, bravo.

should they have waited for no reason?

I don't know

They should have included it in the main game, in which I thought was obvious

YOURE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

YOUR NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

came here to find out but i can see the thread is full of shitters

life isn't fair

>play deus ex
>love it
>play hr
>casual but pretty fun
>MD
>deciding to make a jensen trilogy after the ending of HR
nah fuck off, won't even bother to torrent

YOURE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NAO

>won't even bother to torrent

Not like you could anyways

why?

they had a plan for the main game and this was not part of it.

When does it start? I'm going through my New Game+ playthrough right now, but i'm aiming for Foxiest. Wondering if I should pick it up now, or later.

EX SWAT

And you'd be surprised.

one day maybe, after the definitive game of the year directors cut edition comes out

What is the origin of this meme ?

You're clearly a Hillary supporter so we're done here

>he didn't get foxiest and pacifist on his first run

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

This board is for people who are over 18, user.

You're clearly a dumbass, so thank you for quitting so quickly

>I contacted TF29 after I woke up
>that's the only alarm I got
I got my pacifist and my saltiest achievement.

Not him but

>if you don't pick Alex on the mission in the Alps the alarm goes off automatically

Fuck that shit, I was doing it fucking flawlessly until that point

Yeah i know, i'm fucking 20, i never seen this meme, si bé kind please explain to me

this

lol, you didn't watch Freaks & Geeks? lame

What did I missed ?

Are too dumb to observe and draw conclusion? Holy fuck, google that shit now.

are you american?

Nope, yuropoor

I thought it was supposed to be a stand-alone, accessed through a Stories tab in the main menu.

And I also got cucked out of the foxiest of the hounds by GARM.

no excuse i am europoor too and watched it every day

In the DLC you play as Jensen watching black men fuck Megan while Adam videos and streams it live as he says things like "I'm so proud of her, you guys, I just love you, baby"

For brevity, next time you can just say "no".

dlc already? dafuq

Well, I did not because I didn't know it existed, sorry I guess

>game came out one month ago
>but went gold two months ago
>before then, some workers were done with their contribution to the game
>rather than fire them, they have them begin work on additional content outside of the main game

The price is a bit high for the supposed length, but it being done now is not surprising.

Question really is, did he fix that hole in the firewall?

Going to spoonfeed you just this once since it is my American duty to inform to inform my brothers overseas of my country's peak sitcom kino:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4CVKbVtTsc

>DLC ends without any real satisfying conclusion and instead just tells you to check out the Breach mode

The game's ending felt like that too. Mankind Divided feels like a good game that has been chopped up and used as advertising by whoever is footing the bill for it.

I don't like it.

As countless people have noted, the plotline of Mankind Divided feels as though it was genuinely cut in half midway for the sole purpose of selling sequel. The ending is hilariously anticlimactic, in fact myself and many others straight up laughed when the screen said "you've unlocked new game plus!" And apparently an anonymous Eidos Montreal employee talked to Jim Sterling and confirmed that the plot was greedily cut in half, however that cannot be confirmed so we'll take it with a grain of salt.

That being said, the new characters in Mankind Divided are awful. Just plain uncharismatic and awful. The hacker working with Jensen was laughably poorly written and just legitamitely annoying to listen to. In Human Revolution, the hacker working with Jensen was sassy, realistic, and incredibly likeable.

Moral of the story, Pritchard should have been in the main game and not sold to us a month after release. There's no proof of this, but I'd wager they created that unlikeable hacker solely to make their Pritchard DLC more enticing. Because if Pritchard was in the main game, far less people would be buying the DLC.

TL;DR - Mankind Divided was a greedy, poorly written disappointment and this DLC is the cherry on top.

that was utter fucking bullshit too, how the fuck was i supposed to know thatd trigger alarms

you dont fix a firewall, you find the hole and you plug it faggot

were you niggers even paying attention to the story?

Took me 4-5 hours to beat it. It's pretty cool, I'd say it's worth it. Not very interesting story-wise, but the gameplay is solid. Also, glad to have Pritchard back, now we need Malik DLC.

>Malik DLC
If that happens, it'll prove my point perfectly. The pilot in Mankind Divided isn't nearly as likeable or unique as Malik. I swear, whether it's malice or incompetence on Eidos Montreal's part, it's still massively disappointing. It was a good game, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't nearly the level of Human Revolution, and the greedy bullshit only amplifies that.

They already teased that Malik was alive and that she has the key to Adam's apartment.

I'm waiting on a Malik DLC, sign me up.

My theory is that the writing suffered because they were forced to saw the game in half, the second half was supposed to make the supporting cast interesting and add more character development.
So far the supporting cast has been pretty boring all around, vastly inferior compared to HR. Chikane isn't the worst one in this regard however, there are some interesting details about him. For instance, that he is a backstabbing piece of shit.

No way, you can at least hack Chikane's computer and find out he has money problems because he's supporting his palsied brother with medical bills. Vega is boring as fuck and even if you read the prequel book, which I have, she's just as boring in that as she is in MD. Hands down the worst character.

Where was this hinted at?

Because by that point you know Miller and the people at the facility have the same masters.

I fucked it up first time because the home management AI in the drug dealers apartment called the cops on me and then again in the Matrix where I touched a laser. I thought those didn't count because the alarm tutorial didn't come up.

youtube.com/watch?v=VQx-fLuin28

I jumped on a car near the start of the game

>he doesn't say thanks flygirl
What a fucking waste

Anyone else get so the end of the pay to win hacking mode?

it better be
>got the season pass

as expected, dumb nignog

>DUDE PLAY BREACH LMAO

>start dlc
>theres bad blood between Jenson and Pritchard
>game refers to pritchard as a old "friend"

How bout fuck off.

>would have 100% in the game if not for that boring shit.

Did you even play HR?

I was very confused when I didn't get foxiest. Then I found out that apparently failing a remote hack counts against it, even thought it doesn't set off alarms.

I don't know

>Dislike each other at first
>bros for life at the end

yeah. i did.

I just saved before every remote hack, it took so much of my fucking time.

Did they change his voice actor too?

Why does he look like a ghoul now?

>achievement-whoring on your first playthrough
>people do this
Jesus christ, nu-Cred Forums.

The gameplay is still fanstastic tho.

fucking square-enix will kill deus ex mark my words

>Did they change his voice actor too?
No
>Why does he look like a ghoul now?
He looks fine when you talk to him vie the holocall.

Only VA they changed was fucking Sarif right? Because Sarif's VA went bonkers or some shit?

Which is a shame, but what are you going to do.

His voice sounds higher than in HR.

Maybe I'm just still assblasted with Sarif's recasting.

Supposedly the VA refused.

Nah, Sarif's original VA made a joke conspiracy video when HR was still popular, and Eidos or Squeenix thought he was serious and recast him in fear of hiring a loon.

>play through it expecting a lore bomb to drop in compensation for the buttfuck that was the main story's ending
>the ending is just "Hey, well, you did all that effort for nothing. it turns out Santeau is clean! But you'll never guess what i did find -- Stanton Dowd, one of the richest people in the world, is in the illuminati! Also, you are behind Breach mode. Cool. I'm never speaking to you again, Jensen. Later."

Don't expect a boss, and dont expect any kind of complex stealth, it's all pretty straightforward. The main "okay" thing about this DLC was just getting to see Pritchard again

Bullshit. He wanted to do it but they only offered him $300 or some other derisory amount.

No, he said they had asked him to return, but he refused because that video ruined his career and Eidos didn't support him.

>and dont expect any kind of complex stealth
Heat sensors were a cool part though, should have been in MD in the first place to make stealth more challenging.

where do these stupid fucking responses keep coming from?

he didnt return because they wouldnt pay enough. thats it. they didnt think he was crazy, the video didnt do a thing to his career, he has some shit about the illuminati going after his family but when it comes to why he didnt return its because they offered to pay him shit.

Because that is what he himself said, about Eidos not supporting him.
But the money thing is also true.
He also hates transhumanism.

7cuilgaming.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/on-stephen-shellen-and-why-gaming-must-grow-some-empathy/

>They were too lazy to create models for this guy and his wife, so instead they just photoshopped some stock photos
Quality.

And of course people who has English as a second language in Europe has to suffer the mongrels who still dub their fucking games in their native languages.

twitter.com/DeusEx/status/779307567029813248

>3 hours

fuck no.

the damage is already done.

>first dialogue choice with pritchard
>both basically tell him to fuck off

I dont understand they were frieeeends they saved the world togetherrrrrrrrr

THEN DID YOU PLUG THE FUCKING HOLE PRITCHARD YOU SMUG CUNT

Is there a store in the new DLC mission? I'm used to hoarding a ton of crap, extra weapons and liquor so I can sell it all, but I won't bother getting inventory upgrades if there isn't.

i tell all my friends to fuck off

>i dont have friends anymore im too real

No

Jenson seems to hate Pritchard in this.

God damn, man.

Maybe they can bring him back for the Director's cut or something.

"thanks for working with me and being with me while the world burned you fucking faggot shit cunt"

Deus Ex has been infected.

pritchard bitches out at jensen all the time too. its just how they work.

No way.
Please tell me this is a (poor) joke.

Worked for Bioware didnt it?

I take it he was agreeable

oh yes

>ed harrison finally gets contracted for new work after the amazing job he did with neotokyos soundtrack
>its for this shoehorned in garbage and shallow as fuck multiplayer mode that shouldnt exist in the first place

Great.

The announcement of Deus Ex Universe was the end of the series.

NO PRITCHARD NO BUY

After HR, stumbling onto Megan being raped by nignogs, I like to think Jensen would just stand and watch, probably eating candy cream from one of those cyberboost proenergy jars.

Its less banter, more utter disdain. Its like whoever wrote this only played the first 5 minutes of HR

>buying jump before you've maxed out cloak and hacking
We all know he's a mong yet he keeps proving it.

TAFF YOU

No one fucking cares you autist.

He was blacklisted long before that video, iirc.

No he did not "go bonkers" you moron. Quit spouting Edios talking points like an ignorant child. It's clear to anyone that has reviewed the scandal that he was betrayed by Edios when they not only refused to deny vicious rumors about the voice actor, but also perpetuated them in their press release. He did a harmless comedy skit that was taken at face value by a bunch of slanderous internet users, with the goal of ruining my reputation. After Eidos did nothing to help him in the past, it is only logical that he would refuse to be their lapdog who comes at their beck and call regardless of treatment.

>with the goal of ruining my reputation

caught red handed

>ruining my reputation
Hey, Stephen. Loved you as Sarif.

>>>
> Anonymous 09/23/16(Fri)20:43:18 No.352744687▶
you're alright Stephen

Is there a way to turn off the gas in chamber 209? I figured I'd need to hack a lot in this DLC, so I dumped it in hacking and I don't have enough points for the rebreather.

The story doesn't feel cut in half though? Seriously, in what way do you think it is? The game builds up to a face off with Marchenko and it ends with the face off. The switch from London to your apartment is jarring, but that's just bad pacing.

If you're going to go on about Janus, there is no reason to think he wasn't always intended for a sequel. It certainly makes sense if he was.

'My' and 'his' are in no way similar.

Jesus christ, all this clipping on the clothes. They didn't use any camera angles to hide it. Is it better with cloth physics? I can see jensen's entire head jutting out of the back of his collar with the default outfit, and shadowchild keeps phasing into her scarf

Who else /ididntaskforthis/ here?

Did it as pacifist, saved Miller, spared Marchenko, and did all the side quests as well

Sup, Stephen.

It's a standalone, part of the Jensen Stories thing.

You get a set amount of praxis points and some ok gear at the beginning.

I find how they do this a little annoying, I'd like a option to carry over my main game stats over but I'd guess that would make it too easy.

I love they might be giants

The new VA isn't even bad, I don't see why it's such an issue. It's a shame, but it's not a big deal.

>I can quicksave
Well done!

Anyone else find the fruit flies email?

I wonder if it was on purpose.

They actually did shift development halfway through, separating mankind divided into two teams working on seperate games. Actually look this shit up. I'm not going to spoonfeed you, but sooner than you expect you'll find them announcing the release of mankind divided's sequel.

Idk, I liked Miller and Chikane and the side quest characters were quite solid. Plus, Aria and Delara were qt

The fact you won't give sources just undermines whatever point you are trying to make.

And regardless, how does that change what I said? The story of Mankind Divided seems complete. The game builds up to a confrontation with Marchenko and it ends with the build up.

Just because plot threads have been put in to give you a clue of what to expect from the next game doesn't mean the game feels incomplete. It's also a very standard practice of all media that is intended to have sequels.

>ends with the build up.
Meant confrontation.

>Aria
>qt
Words that should be put together more often.

which is fucking bizarre considering in the prequel book they both go on a heist together and seem to get along ok

No, it really ends with the build up, he just dies and thats it

you get one save in the hardest difficulty, but you can be a salty bitch if you want

i was almost at london when my game crashed and i didnt save

You can quickload

You literally confront him, have a boss fight with multiple ways to beat him, and stop/fail to stop his plans. In what way is that incomplete?

'Mankind Divided feels cut in half' is a meme. If you think it you either didn't pay any attention to the story, or haven't played the game. Whether it actually was cut in half is another matter.

>Aria will never use her augmented arm to jerk you off so hard your dick tears off

The guns in my mouth, I just need the courage to pull the trigger

It was cut in half, there are tons of plothole, the fact that you keep denying it just make it looks like bait, why would anyone meme that the game is cut in half anyways?

plotholes

I picked up HR since it was on sale. It seems kind of cool but I can't into the controls. No matter what configuration I use for key bindings the game just feels awkward as fuck to control.

You post no sources, blatantly lie and have no counters to anything I am saying. Why do people meme about anything? This board loves to hate on games, why would a new Deus Ex be an exception?

And what plot holes?

Jensen's stories would be good if they were before or after the game or to tie up different stories like The Fall Part 2, so far they're literally rip side missions from second visit of Prague

Oh god yes. They probably added this in response to the uproar.

God, fuck all the people who didn't save Malik.

No other moment in video games did I try so hard and say, "No fucking game, she's not going to die." I seriously could not think of another time where I tried harder in a game.

Is there a more satisfying moment in a video game than this? I'd love to know.

the game just came out. if single player campaign dlc is already coming out it means they had finished it and decided to leave it out of the game to sell separately. it's called jewing your customers

holy fuck it costs money???

Yes people do like to hate on everything, but yes there are others who just like to pretend (or they're really fucking blind) theres absolutely nothing wrong with anything thats being "meme'd on".

If the game hasn't left you with any questions unanswered, then you didn't pay too much attention to the story.

Squenix is trying to build upon the "DEUS EX UNIVERSE" and all this shit, and if you can't see that they're going to milk everything they can from it, then there is absolutely zero proof that's going to convince you.

>not waiting for the complete edition
Im glad i didnt buy or pre-order this shit.

>tfw saved her on Give Me Deus Ex and didn't kill any of the mercs