Why is the term "gamer" so cringeworthy? It's okay to call someone a golfer or bowler, but gamer doesn't work. And no...

Why is the term "gamer" so cringeworthy? It's okay to call someone a golfer or bowler, but gamer doesn't work. And no, I don't use the term either and also think it's cringey. But what sets it apart? I can't figure it out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z1Ch6N8QT00
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are no professional gamers. You call proffessionals who bowl and play good bowlers and golfers, with other people you simply say the play golf, bowling, or games.

*golf not good

Fuck you and people like you, OP. I wear the term "gamer" with pride, and I don't give a fuck what you think

Because it's only used for marketing, it's completely disingenuous

But when you giva fuck about people thinking you give a fuck, then you give a fuck, no?

Shut the fuck up, cunt. I don't care what you think, no one does. Just end yourself.

The term gamer was adopted by casual players that's why

You're the exact reason why "gamer" has such a negative connotation.

using cringe needs to end

Because it's used by fucking casuals.

You're the exact reason why gamers choose to stay inside and play games instead of lowering themselves to the level of the scum outside

Because it's a marketing tool

Yeah why is gaming so cringeworthy, idgi

This user gets it

>There are no professional gamers.
Not sure how much they make, but can't some CS:GO players be considered professionals?

Why are iPhone posters so shitty?

If that was me I'd get my thumbs and jab them through the cunts eyesockets. Fuck being a pussy.

Top tier bait.

It's not as fun as it sounds. My friend got pelted with paper balls constantly, the guys left me alone because I was "cool" but somehow he wasn't.
One day in French class he was getting harassed so I got up and slugged one guy in the face. Had the teachers breathing down my neck and constant detentions from that day on because I got sick of them not doing anything about cunts who won't settle down during class, and I wound up being alienated by everyone for being violent because of one single outburst. Been a quiet kid until then.

Meh, I'd just kill everyone in the room in that case

OW

I expected this response, and I'll concede. I don't believe it is respected among typical adults though, which I'm assuming is the metric we use to determine "cringeworthy". Anyhow a fuckload of people play games, it would be like describing yourself as a "watcher" because you watch tv.

Th-this one's sharpness is unprecedented!

>it's okay to call someone a golfer or bowler

No it's not

>cringey

ughh
just really???

What the fuck would you call tiger woods then

nigger

I'm glad I still come to Cred Forums.

More like "gay-mers"

Why are gamers so cringeworthy?

True, a lot of young people seem to like it though, but I don't think it will ever be fully mainstream, but it will still be considered something legitimate, but just as a niche.

Hell with that argument I'll even concede that both good and bowling were at one time considered joke sports. Honestly I don't think gamer is that cringe as an idea, it's more of the people who proclaim that label, much like atheists.

*golf, fuck my shitty phoneposting.

Where'd you get that picture of me mum

True. I try not to hate on people, but it's kind of annoying when you here a nasally voice go

"I...

AM A GAMER!!!"

in some "inspiring" video. I'm trying to remember where I saw this but it was so fucking stupid.

Cause the first thing that comes to mind is the era that Xbox created.

Dew and Doritos, backwards hats screaming at a screen, "HEY WHATS UP GUYS ITS TIME FOR ANOTHER LETS PLAY".

Pretty much xbox ruined gaming. Now the rest of the consoles and PC have to deal with it.

Thats why the WiiU failed even though it was the best thing since sliced bread. Dudebro xbox niggers.

The community.

youtu.be/z1Ch6N8QT00
This perhaps?

>Implying Dudebro xbox niggers are the ones playing Wii U

>I don't believe it is respected among typical adults though
I'm curious to hear what the criteria is for entertainment by a "typical adult". Is it, "watching numerous roided-up manchildren fake flop around a leather ball for millions of dollars a year, until they get so many concussions their intelligence regresses to that of a toddler?" Because frankly that sounds as juvenile as watching people play competitive video games.

"Gamer" seems to have a stigma because it's been appropriated by the "I'm such a nerd! xD" crowd who barely even play vidya, but there's really no better term for someone legitimately enthusiastic about the hobby. I'm not going to wear "gamer" as a stupid label on my t-shirt, but if that's what someone associates what I do with then I'm not going to get in a huff about it.

The roided up manchildren get laid.

Because English is a shit-tier language that doesn't have adjectives for all hobbies like other languages.

Heh

Oh god, that's the one.

Soy un video jueguista.

Who cares? Some people have real problems.

Because gamer is not an organic word it was made by marketers to label a consumer group

It literally means nothing beyond that and in fact its offensive since people who play video games recognize its jewjitsu origin and purpose

And we come here to bitch about trivial things and escape them.

Because young people like to base how they express themselves around the word and its also used for silly marketing things

Like that "WE ARE GAMERS" shirt that one dude wore at E3

Because its a corporate manufacturing, kinda like the harlem shake.

Because video games are degenerate garbage.

/thread