Is it, dare I say it, better than any Zelda game ever made?

Is it, dare I say it, better than any Zelda game ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

hexadrive.sblo.jp/article/59698038.html#more
kotaku.com/5920943/now-this-is-okami-in-hd
youtube.com/watch?v=THdRs7grqhE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
youtube.com/watch?v=TMYso30L9zI
capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/11/05/okami-hd-powered-by-technical-innovation-love
youtube.com/watch?v=X6Wg68JSSrI
youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
youtube.com/watch?v=3iwoAr58BDQ
zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Jam_Session
zeldawiki.org/Jam_Session
youtube.com/watch?v=VCaDU_F3EsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not by a long shot, the actual dungeons were almost universally trash. Also reused boss fights.

It's a great game but it has weird ass pacing.

The combat is far too easy, even when compared to a Zelda game.
Plus, the retarded time travel segment that added nothing to the overall story should have just been cut.

Easily, yes. But you still shouldn't say "better than Zelda", it's ridiculous. It's just one game, Zelda is 30 games. Nintendo never goes all out with one game, they always save some stuff for the next installment.

You are a literal retard and have no clue about game design. Wann aknow what is actual "trash"? That every single dungeon in 3D Zeldas follow the exact same formula. Enter dungeon, have a few tutorial rooms, find map, find compass, beat middle boss, get new item, solve "puzzle" vor master key with it, go to boss. Rooms and dungeons never looking like actual shrines or something people or whatever weird race actually used. They look like lego rooms designed around a weird item (you can call it the Morph Ball tunnel effect).

In Okami every dungeon is 100% unique, 100% its own thing, often very organic and vertical, often you don't even know you're inside a dungeon. Some are long, some are very short.

Not to mention Okami is hundred times faster than Twilight Princess and older Zeldas. Even just opening a gate takes two minutes in Twilight Princess.

>The combat is far too easy, even when compared to a Zelda game.
Kek, no. Okami even has some legitimately challenging battles if you refuse to use any items or put luck you earned into your health bar. In Zelda, when picking up heart pieces (which is what a gamer wants to do), it automatically gives you more health and there is no enemy in the entire game that does anything like webm related. None.

Seeing baby Sakuya was worth it. Though yeah, it was generally trash, especially how they hype up the boss fight with Orochi so much about being really serious this time like dude it's gonna be so much harder he's at full power now... and then it's the exact same shit.

You're clearly someone that can be taken seriously.

OpenGL hardware mode and partial CRC.

>You're clearly someone that can be taken seriously.
He died in Okami. He's a braindead retard.

It's one of the best non-Zelda games, but with better combat than any Zelda game.

Yes

100% yes. It completely destroys Zelda in every way.

Zelda:
Braindead combat for babies
Shitty, basic story and characters
Bland, uninspired graphics
Boring boss fights

Okami:
Good combat that action game experts can enjoy
Enjoyable story and characters
Beautiful art and graphics
Good boss fights

Okami is Zelda if Nintendo made Zelda games for anything but entry-level plebs.

I started Okami forever ago, but never finished it because I'm a dumbass.
What's the absolute, definitive way to play it? I figure I should download Dolphin, an iso of it and plug in my preferred controller?

play the hd remake on ps3/ps4, it's real gud

or ps2 version for authenticity but hd is better

PS3. Just mute the game as soon as you reach the credits and play the proper credit song from the PS2 version on youtube.

>good combat
It was mediocre, at best. Very simple and easy, to the point where nearly nothing can ever kill you.

Fucking this. I feel the game doesn't surprise or excite after like 4-5 hours and just kinda repeats itself.

I don't want everything to look like it's covered in three layers of vaseline, thanks.

That still makes it 100x better than the combat in any Zelda game.

Oh what? There's a PS3 Hd version? I had no idea.

Yeah its better than any Zelda. It shat all over Twilight Princess in GOTY awards for 2006. Was funny to see.

better than everything since majora's mask
zelda hasn't been good in over 15 years

Okami on Dolphin > PS3 > PS2 emulated visuals wise.

Control wise is subjective.

The game is blurry no matter how you emulate it but you're missing the paint menu overlay and the rice filter.

PS3 definitely seems to have ease of access for me.

Fuck I got so excited thinking it was actually on ps4 fuck you 10/10 im mad

>Okami on Dolphin > PS3
lel no

It's longer, that's about it.

Visuals yes, there's no contest.

That one costs money though.

The flashback/time travel should have been a cutscene. Fighting Orochi the first time was cool but doing everything exactly the same as the first was just boring. Then you fight him AGAIN at the end of the game. At least the spider boss rematches were optional and didn't take long to do.

t. poorfag who couldn't afford $5 for the PS3 version and has to convince himself the emulated version is better

I own it and bought it full price.

>t. delusional sonygger who thinks consoles can match emulators

rip

doesn't it have backwards compatability? that's retarded

I couldn't play through it it's waaaaaaay to relaxing.

I'm the guy trying to decide and it's 14$ and I'm poor as fuck.

Is the bottom one Dolphin? Jesus christ.

No. But it was better than WW/TP

Just emulate it on dolphin or ps2. the graphics are negligible though definitely the best on Dolphin. It's just so clean.

>The game is blurry no matter how you emulate it but you're missing the paint menu overlay and the rice filter.
I prefer no paper filter over everything being covered in extra layers.

You can tell me how to get rid of this, though. The texture clipping makes the game unplayable on PCSX2 at times.

Dolphin lacks paper filter and the "ink" shaders, though.

No, no it is not. If it were a Zelda game everyone would complain about the slow pacing, horrible hand holding and annoying dialog, but it gets a free pass because it was a new IP and cell shading was really popular at the time.

Wii controls are pure cancer. Some drawings don't work 8/10 times (lightning, for example) and you literally can't control into which direction you want to dodge.

You can get the paper filter, but it causes graphical issues such as pic related

dolphin (wii version) doesn't have the paper filter or real time cutscenes. meanwhile ps3 version is perfect and runs at 4k resolution internally.

ps3 port by tech wizards who do everything properly >>>>>>> poverty emulation with missing effects

Use an older version of pcsx2 to get rid of that. Since you don't care about accuracy there's nothing but gains doing that.

>Dolphin lacks paper filter
Yes it does but it looks amazing. The ink shader is in there though.

They work all the time, you just have to get good. There's a button you can press to give you straight lines.
All that matters is that you iframe and you don't even need to dodge in the game ever.

Literally looks like the PCSX2 version.

>(which is what a gamer wants to do)
Where on the spectrum are you?

oh I missed the reply chain, that's the PCSX2 version I posted

Dolphin has the same exact problem?

>dolphin (wii version) doesn't have the paper filter
Neither does the PS3 version. It's because the game looks far better without it at higher resolutions and color is better than no color.
>or real time cutscenes
What?
>ps3 version is perfect and runs at 4k resolution internally.
Ha nice joke bro.

Are you guys morons? Zelda is the game that lets you do the exact same things over and over again in the exact same order with the exact same formula. In Okami every dungon is unique, every boss is unique, every town is unique, hell, EVERY SINGLE NPC IS LITERALLY UNIQUE with a unique name and attitude.

Until the very end it provides you with new villages, new music, new sidequests, items, techniques to learn, mini games, story, bosses. Twilight Princess stops providing almost all of this after the third dungeon. And all the dungeons follow the same patterns.

>le Okami is too long meme

2bh, I completely disregard the opinions of anyone who thinks Zelda games are worthwhile. They are only appealing and enjoyable to people who have no experience with more complex and demanding games. They are made to be Baby's First Action-Adventure game, and I'm happy for the people who can ease themselves into gaming with titles like Zelda. However, the games have no value whatsoever to an enthusiast.

Okami is Zelda done right.

keep trying to make excuses for poverty emulation

You don't seem to care about accuracy yourself when you think the Dolphin version is the best looking one, though.

What version of PCSX2 would not suffer from this shit issue here ?

>All that matters is that you iframe and you don't even need to dodge in the game ever.
But it's more fun than jumping, feels better and also is a pretty decent attack/stagger later in the game. It's just pure garbarge that it's basically random in the Wii version because controls are so shit.

The game is internally rendered at 720p, downscaled to 720p, then upscaled to your display.

If you think this image is Okami in 4k please refer to: kotaku.com/5920943/now-this-is-okami-in-hd
Which is a gallery of Okami at 4k.

You're right, I was just giving you a tip. I don't know but old playthroughs of mine didn't have that problem.

>The game is internally rendered at 720p, downscaled to 720p, then upscaled to your display.
..........no, it's not. it's internally rendered at 4k and downsampled to 1080p.

>it's an "user thinks difficulty = value" episode

I like jumping more personally since you can draw while in the air. Every fight ends so fast I can't imagine needing to stagger anyone.

>I'm actually blind and retarded
ftfy

Wow. Thanks for painting such a vivid picture of yourself in my mind.

>2bh, I completely disregard the opinions of anyone who thinks Zelda games are worthwhile. They are only appealing and enjoyable to people who have no experience with more complex and demanding games.
Because there almost are none. It's not Zelda's or the people's fault that like Zelda.

Zelda is not very challenging or anything like that but one single Ocarina of Time dungeon has factually (yes) more complexity and depth than all the caves and "dungeons" in Witcher 3 or Dark Souls, for example.

Not to mention people mainly love Zelda for its atmosphere and music while exploring natural places. There also basically always is something groundbreaking or innovative about Zelda games. With Ocarina of Time there were a lot of things, obviously, then with Wind Waker the whole open world sailing thing and controlling the wind, Skyward Sword the controls, Zelda U the fact it's an open world game with actual gameplay.

To be honest, you don't have to like it, but I think you must lack some brain cells if you really can't comprehend people liking Zelda. Especially if you like Okami.

You're the kind of person people dress up as for Halloween

Explain why Zelda games have any value. Combat is shit, story is shit, characters are shit, writing is shit, puzzles are simplistic enough for small children to solve without trouble, they offer no challenge, have no depth, and no complexity. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about the Zelda series. I can enjoy easy games if they have a good story, characters, writing, an interesting world, etc. Zelda is lacking in every single department.

you are literally retarded. i linked you to the developer's website where they explain how the game is rendered at 4k and downsampled to 1080 and you still don't get it. it's been a well known fact for 4 years now.

Developers lied to you.

Okami HD renders at 1280 x 720 @30fps + 4x MSAA.

Source: debug PS3.

Okami kills 80% of the potential player base with that huge awful unskippable boring intro.

Dark Souls isn't about puzzles, that's why nobody cares it doesn't have Zelda-style puzzles, so you missed the point.

>Because there almost are none.
Yeah there are almost no games out there that are more complex and demanding than Zelda.

t. someone who has only owned Nintendo consoles for his entire life

But okay, let's pretend you're right.

Post some 4k images of Okami HD.

Hell, post some 1080p images of it and see how it compares to Dolphin.

I'll wait.

Variety. Variety in all forms; gameplay, puzzles, locations, music, NPCs. People love variety and getting surprised.

Not to mention the level design and gameplay is incredibly well polished and just feels right.

The music is also 10/10. And, as already said, there basically always is something groundbreaking to the games. Ocarina of Time was one of the first action adventure games that actually felt "open", had day and night cycle, actual weather effects, a horse you can ride, a serious tone mixed with lots of funny things, villages, sidequests, NPCs doing different shit at day/night time, a fucking great twist (time travel) which is a gameplay element. Even music was a gameplay element.

Even today Ocarina of Time makes other games look like shit. Hell, not even stuff like weather or day and night cycles or villages are a standard today for ARPGs.

You seem to be underage.

>3 hit combo of butt ravaged nintendo fans
lmao

>it wants to be shit so it's OK
Nah, not an argument. You do nothing but running from mob to mob in Souls, then wait for the enemy to attack, press dodge button, attack enemy, repeat. Abusing 20 iframes. You do this for 60 hourse, for mobs AND (every single) boss, including the last one.

Not an argument.

Not an argument.

>games that go for a different style means they're bad
Post disregarded

>it's shit! it's shit! it's shit! it's shit!

Cool post, do it again.

>Variety. Variety in all forms; gameplay, puzzles, locations, music, NPCs.
Variety is good if the content is good. All of these aspects are poor in every Zelda game. So I get to sample different types of diarrhea? Gee golly what a masterpiece.

Ocarina was innovative in its day, I will give you that, but this is 2016. The game is a total waste of time now. I say this as someone who bought it on 3DS because I enjoyed it as a child, played through the ENTIRE thing, and decided I just wasted 30 hours of my life on this worthless franchise.

>The music is also 10/10.
Nah but the soundtracks are good.

It has nothing to do with style. All ARPGs or action adventures should have good level design. If the level design is shit, the game is shit. I don#t care what you or your NeoGAF friends think sucking this ugly, balding fatass Jap's cock all day making another rehash every year because they are, yes, so easy to make.

>Variety is good if the content is good. All of these aspects are poor in every Zelda game. So I get to sample different types of diarrhea? Gee golly what a masterpiece.
Not an argument. 99% the people disagree with you, face it.

youtube.com/watch?v=THdRs7grqhE

If this is diarrhea to you, you should just kill yourself, in my humble opinion.

>Ocarina was innovative in its day, I will give you that, but this is 2016. The game is a total waste of time now. I say this as someone who bought it on 3DS because I enjoyed it as a child, played through the ENTIRE thing, and decided I just wasted 30 hours of my life on this worthless franchise.

So you just turned 17 and now you're too cool for it. Got it. You still have to face people that know shit about video games disagree with you. You can leave the thread now.

>but this is 2016

>Source: debug PS3
Is there an actual video or screenshot to prove your point or are you full of shit? Not the guy you've been arguing with but I want to see this and google gives nothing.

>Not an argument. 99% the people disagree with you, face it.
Not an argument. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

You only enjoy Zelda because you have yet to expand your horizons. If you had higher standards, you'd stop being satisfied with such a ho-hum series.

>fallacy fallacy

Not that user but you still haven't got a point in the world. You've literally done nothing but say "it's shit it's shit it's shit."

>Okami even has some legitimately challenging battles if you refuse to use any items or put luck you earned into your health bar

i heard games are also more challenging if you play blindfolded

makes u think

What is that, FF15? I'm sure it'll have better combat and story, and therefore be a more enjoyable game, than any Zelda, at least.

>I need a counter argument for literally no arguments

>You only enjoy Zelda because you have yet to expand your horizons. If you had higher standards, you'd stop being satisfied with such a ho-hum series.
And when I "expand my horizons" I can stop enjoying Zelda's level design and perfectly polished gameplay and can finally enjoy doing nothing but running from mob to mob in Dark Souls, a 100% static world which always looks the same, is always dark and has no interactivity in any way? Or all those linear caves in Witcher 3?

Great. Now tell me how to do this. I'd love to lower my stand... eh, "higher" my standards like this.

Thanks.

>FFXV
>better thana ny Zelda, I swear
You just proved you are 17 again. Just leave the thread.

Pixel counter thread on guru3D iirc. There zillions of screenshots and videos to prove my point. Saying a fucking PS3 game is rendered at native 4k when the PS4 pro can't barely do that shit at 30fps is something only a true retard would say.

1080p was the absolute cap of PS3 games, and those PS3 games were remasters or PS2 games.

>FF15
>good combat
>he doesn't know

Oh, honey. Squeenix never made a competent action game in their career.

source: my ass

it downscales to 1080p

The difference is when never buying any "helpful" items in Okami, and preferably even selling all the ones you find, you can actually buy countless shit with the money. Techniques, abilities like running on water, new weapons etc. So that analogy doesn't really work when it comes to Okami.

You also don't have to spend any luck you earn on health, you can just spend it on money or ink instead.

>source: my ass
Google it.

>it downscales to 1080p
No it doesn't. 4k downsampled doesn't have the blur or aliasing you see in the game.

Okami is so overrated, it's a 6/10 on a good day.

This is the most disgusting shit game ever and I literally want to kill myself just thinking about

a) how well it will sell because of all the NeoGAF retards in this world,

b) how many 9/10 and even 10/10 scores it will get from casual shit reviewers,

c) how we will have emo boys all over TV again with 24/7 advertisement, all mature people will think "wtf" while faggot emo hair will probably become "cool" again among kids.

Combat is shit. Enemies have extremely simplistic attack patterns and Link has nothing but basic sword slash attacks and the 360 spin. It's as simple as it gets. If you have played something like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden or Platinum games, which are 1000000000x more complex and demanding, this will bore you to tears.

Story is shit. Again, it's the most basic story ever told and it's the same in every game. Evil guy kidnaps the princess, you have to collect these things that make you more powerful and save the world!! Maybe this is interesting if you've never seen or read even a mediocre story before. A story that's merely "good" blows Zelda out of the fucking water.

Puzzles are shit. They are simplistic enough for children to solve and therefore offer zero satisfaction to an adult who has experience with far more demanding puzzle games, like for example, the Adventures of Lolo.

Exploration is shit. You never find anything but rupees, which can only be used to buy worthless junk that you'll never need, and heart pieces, which are used to make an already retard-easy game even easier. There is zero incentive to explore anything unless you're new to video games and find Zelda challenging.

There. A full explanation of why Zelda has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The music is good though.

11/10 for reasons stated in this thread. Despite being outdated by now.

What am I looking at? Why are there huge books? Why is this a 2005 emo guy? Why can't he grab a ledge which is standard since 1995? Why is he wearing such autismo clothes?

Kingdom Hearts and FF Type 0 already have way more competent action gameplay than any Zelda

youtube.com/watch?v=TMYso30L9zI

>the Adventure of Lolo

You know literally nothing about video games. I hope no one keeps feeding you.

>Okami HD renders internally at 4k/nearly 4k
Sources:

capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/11/05/okami-hd-powered-by-technical-innovation-love
>To accomplish all of these aims was no simple task. Iwasaki-san reports that Okami HD is not just a standard upscaling, but actually renders at native 1080p, with an internal resolution--as my friend noted--of nearly 4k.

>In Okami superb view version internal resolution 3840x2160 rendered in , and you have to generate an image of 1920x1080 from there. [Google translated]

>Okami HD runs at 720p30fps
Sources:
>some guy on Cred Forums

It outputs at 1080p in the end because the PS3 literally cannot output 4k, but it IS rendered internally at 4k. And claiming that it runs at 720p/30fps is just ridiculous. That can't even be argued.

Why are Squeenix's characters like that?

That spiky emo hair, looking like colossal faggots, his jogging animation reminds me of how some anime girls run.

FF Type 0 is a fucking mistake of a shitgame and will never even come close to being a good example of square-enix being competent.

>that absolute shit story
>those completely undeveloped characters
>retarded HIGH SCHOOL SETTING (i thought anti-jrpg fags hated those but for some reason they praise it here)
>combat that could've been good if the most efficient method didn't boil down to "hit the counter attack and then mash"

KH is even mashier and not worth mentioning.

>no paper filter for painting
PC master race my ass

Far better than Skyward Sword
probably about on par with Wind Waker or Twilight Princess
Not as good as MM
Not even close to half as good as OoT

It is an incredibly flawed game and it is very apparent that Kamiya had absolutely no fucking idea what he was doing trying to design a Zelda style adventure game.

The puzzles are mostly awful because Issun explains IN GIANT TEXT HIGHLIGHTED IN RED what you're supposed to do to solve them before you even get to try.
The 'dungeons', the absolute highlight of any Zelda game, are shitty and usually less than 6 minutes long.
The bosses are actually good but they get reused a lot.
The combat is completely separated from the exploration.

But by far the worst part of the game is the pacing. Ocarina of Time has pretty much perfect pacing, the game never stops your enjoyment to force you to do some inane bullshit. Sure there's a few expository cutscenes, but those are WAY shorter than any other 3D Zelda game since and there's only 4 actually long ones in the whole game.

Okami is about equal with Twilight Princess in terms of the amount of bullshit unfun tedium they put in to pad out the game time to 70 hours (which to be quite frank is double the time any Zelda game should take to complete)

Constant fetch quests, constant runaround, long ass dialogue scenes, Okami has about 20 hours of actually worthwhile content with 50 hours of complete dogshit spread over it. I really want to love the game but I can't, 5.5/10

It's my favorite game, but the only one where I found dying was seriously hard. Every one of my friends never died either. I don't think anyone knows what the game over screen looks like

Nice counter argument, retard. Better go pre-order your Breath of the Wild amiibos before they sell out. Don't want to miss out on those extra heart pieces they'll give you.

>wants his immersion killed every time
It's the worst thing ever, only good on first playthrough. I just wish we could also mod out the music change somehow.

Nah

It's got some really solid atmosphere and a couple really memorable tracks, but the game has a lot of flaws that tend to get glossed over.

>Orochi is a long as shit boss that you have to fight 3 times
>Issun refuses to shut the fuck up
>game tries its hardest to solve every puzzle for you as soon as it presents it

And so on. The combat is certainly better than Zelda's, but it loses to Bayonetta/God Hand/other Platinum/Clover games. It also doesn't do the Zelda formula for dungeons as well as Zelda does, mostly due to the strict railroading within the dungeons. Okami dungeons at their most complex are around Great Deku Tree levels of difficulty.

All that said, it's still pretty good. The boss fights that aren't Orochi are really fucking good, and the final boss and ending were well worth the dozens of hours. Game is good, but I don't have the urge to replay it anytime soon.

Those aren't sources since they're lying. I've already posted evidence in the form of screenshots and youtube has more than enough videos proving me right, you've posted vague articles full of contradictions.
>some guy on Cred Forums
But I found it on google user. In credible discussions talking about facts.

I wouldn't say that but it's a good game.

There's nothing wrong with not dying. The game grades you after every battle, therefore your goal should be to get the cherry blossom tree ranking in every category. This way everyone is happy, from the shitters who can barely squeak through action games to the experts who want to challenge their skills.

Looks about the same as the HD version, but whatever.
Either way, I still have Okami.

the first orochi fight was memorable and enjoyable
The second was really far from the first fight
the third was during the boss rush

That looks blurry as hell, and there's a duplicate of everything causing the sensation of blur.

>Those aren't sources since they're lying
kill yourself 2bh

PS2 is really blurry.

And you know what the game over screen looks like in WW or TP?

Not saying Okami is hard but people are definitely making it easier for themselves than it could and probably is supposed to be. Money is great in Okami, there are countless things you can spend it on. So, just sell all items and never buy any. Considering there are items in the game that can almost twoshot a boss, this alone makes the game 500 times harder.

Also, never spend luck on health, spend it on other things. Having maximum ink makes the game more fun anyway.

And something people somehow tend to ignore; there is a score system in this game. It's not all about dying or not dying. You want to get the best score, no? That pink tree. And always getting this actually is challenging, especially without items. It is almost imossible, in fact. This is your challenge.

The grading system for Okami is prety lenient, though. I remember 2006 me managed to get through the whole game and got all blossom trees for the total end results, and I wasn't even very good at it then.

That's my point

He was fine the first time, second time was a chore since he was ultra-hyped up as SO much stronger, and still went down just as easy. And then he shows up again at the end just to slow you down when all you really want to do is finally save the world, not draw lines to Orochi's face for the thousandth time.

it isn't, that's the emulator that is failing at handling Okami

PCSX2 looks like a blurry abomination if you config it to show the canvas.

>this mad nerd can't handle the truth
Look at the aliasing and blur. This isn't even remotely close to 4k.

>And always getting this actually is challenging, especially without items. It is almost imossible, in fact. This is your challenge.
I've never not got pink and I have never used items and I've finished the game 7 times.
The game is easy as hell.

But that's clearly blurrier than PS2 Okami and pcsx2 at native resolution look exactly the same.

I hate Okami about as much as I hate Skyward Sword. Both games have pretty much the same goddamn list of flaws aside from Skyward Sword's music being shit and Okami's being pretty good.

>screenshots and youtube are valid evidence
Most of the YouTube videos of this game are uploaded in 1080p, which doesn't contradict what I've said at all, and there are plenty of 1080p screenshots from the PS3 version from promo materials. Pic related. It renders internally at 4k, and outputs at 1080p.

>you've posted vague articles full of contradictions.
Like what?

>But I found it on google user. In credible discussions talking about facts.
Wow, nice links to those conversations.

I actually don't, but I was responding to that guy saying Okami battles are harder than Zelda.
They are definitely not.

At least it's not Darksiders 2 levels of "you need two/three of this thing in order to get through the area" multiplied throughout the entire fucking game.

If you turn off the canvas effect via graphic settings it doesn't look blurry, sure.

But then Ammy looks like dull shit, she's supposed to glow in the original graphics of the game, while the PCSX2 she almost looks gray.

it really is though.
except wait, Darksiders 2 actually had some decent-ish dungeons that were more than 5 minutes long, the combat wasn't completely separated from the exploration, and there wasn't an annoying cricket faggot telling you in BIG RED TEXT what to do to solve every puzzle

>Most of the YouTube videos of this game are uploaded in 1080p, which doesn't contradict what I've said at all, and there are plenty of 1080p screenshots from the PS3 version from promo materials. Pic related. It renders internally at 4k, and outputs at 1080p.
All of the youtube videos of Okami are rendered at 1080p downscaled to 720p. Clear as day due to the IQ and aliasing.
There are barely any 1080p screenshots from the PS3 version, and they're only for promotions.

>Like what?
Mentions of MSAA, texture enhancements, the rendered resolution, etc.

>Wow, nice links to those conversations.
That image isn't remotely 4k looking, that doesn't even look like 1080p.

I already said to google it but you apparently haven't.

It still looks blurry when you do that, blurrier in my opinion.

>and then it's the exact same shit
It was weird because the first Orochi fight was cool with everything going wrong somehow. You'd expect a different fight at full power but nope.

speaking of which, Darksiders 1 is another game that's better than any Zelda

>I've never not got pink and I have never used items and I've finished the game 7 times.
>I lie on the internet and I prefectly remember my first playthrough, I swear

>he thinks I'm lying and senile
The game isn't that old and why would you forget a scoring you got?

They literally couldn't be more different. You seem to be mentally disabled. Okami is like the anti Skyward Sword, literally everything awful about Sykward Sword Okami does differently, beginning with an actually coherent world instead of a Super Mario map in the sky connected to forest, desert and volcano, also day and night cycle, many villages, NPCs actually moving and doing stuff instead of literally just standing on the same spot all the time, no shitty motion controls, tons of sidequests, money actually useful, you you need at least two playthroughs to buy and get everything etc. pp.

The only resemblence would be there is a long boss fight you have to do three times.

Okami's grading system is kinda forgiving, though. It's not "almost impossible" to get all blossom trees in the end results. It's, at best, a mild challenge to do so.

I dare say it's one of the best games I've played until now, but beating all Zelda games is too hard.

>They are definitely not.
They definitely are, you mongoloid. Even those fucking ice/fire wheel combo alone is harder than everything in Wind Waker and TP. They can actually hit you and you have to do something to beat them instead of just hammering attack button. And when you got hit, you can't get the pink tree/best score which is the actual challenge.

>t-this casual game is hard, y-you mongoloid
The only mongoloid is you.

It is in many fights, though, long boss fights, Waka, Oki etc. Without items those fights can be hell, especially the first time when trying to get pink.

No, it's clearly you since you can't even read. No one said it's hard, but it's sure harder than Zelda fights.

You have a button that freezes time while you draw your opponents to death. It takes no timing whatsoever to do.

If remembering how to draw is hard then yeah this game is the hardest game of all time.

Otherwise, it's easy as fuck. Easier than almost any Zelda game.

Okay, but how about:

Endless, endless, ENDLESS ENDLESS ENDLESS ENDLESS ENDLESS dialogue scenes that go on for fucking ever
A ridiculously long and awful tutorial
An overly talkative companion who spoils most puzzles for you and never shuts the fuck up ever
A gimmicky control concept that sometimes fails.
Every time you reach a new area there's a hugely extended sequence of awful padding
and the game has more padding than actual worthwhile content

also as much as I hate Skyward Sword, at least it has dungeons. I can't even say Okami has dungeons, most of them are like 7 minutes long and have no puzzles.

This. Zelda is overrated as fuck and everything about it is complete trash

>Without items those fights can be hell
Sounds like you just aren't very good, then. The game gives you plenty of ways to fight and avoid damage, it's rare you ever manage to get hit. Hell, the scoring is forgiving to the point you can, in fact, take two or three hits, and still end the fight with a blossom tree, at least for bosses.
I don't know why you think it's somehow difficult. If 2006 me can manage getting all blossoms at the end of the game, then fucking anyone can manage it.

I felt Okami was eternal and when the game ended it revealed to me that I cleared it in 30 hours, which is not that long
To me that just shows how shit the pacing is and how boring it is

Drawing alone does almost nothing to many enemies without a certain technique (which you haven't learned when you encounter the enemy the first few times), and when it's effective, you still have to balance it since it's annoying as fuck running out of ink and you are an easy target. Keep in mind you can't just play it safe since there is a score system, you want to beat the enemy quickly.

>Sounds like you just aren't very good, then.
No, I just haven't beaten it seven times yet (I'm not autistic) so I can still remember and relate to my first playthrough which is what matters.

And the main reason you get all blossoms at the end is probably that you just fought so many fodder monsters to compensate for shitty boss scores (or you're lying about never using damage items and used those like everyone else).

The game really should have ended at the Ninetails

Not that user, but honestly, the only bad pacing, to me at least, was the tutorial and opening bits, as well as the god awful time travel bullshit.
>hey, child who sorta looks and talks like an adult woman I know, where are we?
>oh, you even have the same name as that woman, and you say we're back in the beginning village. how can that possibly be?
>why is the tree now a tiny sapling?
Fuck that entire segment of the game.

Sounds like you're talking about Twilight Princess. Okami cuts to the chase way faster.

>Drawing alone does almost nothing to many enemies
Can you hurr harder?

>running out of ink
>ever
You're fucking bad, face it.

>Are you guys morons? Zelda is the game that lets you do the exact same things over and over again in the exact same order with the exact same formula. In Okami every dungon is unique, every boss is unique, every town is unique, hell, EVERY SINGLE NPC IS LITERALLY UNIQUE with a unique name and attitude.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? Are you claiming that Zelda doesn't have more intricate and unique NPC interactions, more creative ways of exploring the environment and isn't generally all round better in all those ways you've mentioned. Okami's actual gameplay is so straightforward I don't understand what there is to advocate.

>Twilight Princess stops providing

Well of course, TP is the shittiest and least imaginative mainline Zelda by a fair margin, why not compare Okami with practically anything that came before that?

Not everyone can have good taste in everything.

It really doesn't. Beyond that, Okami's dungeons are insanely short and barebones with nothing in them, and I consider dungeons your reward for playing any Zelda game.

>What the actual fuck are you talking about? Are you claiming that Zelda doesn't have more intricate and unique NPC interactions, more creative ways of exploring the environment and isn't generally all round better in all those ways you've mentioned.
Lol. Yes, you literal retard.

>And the main reason you get all blossoms at the end is probably that you just fought so many fodder monsters to compensate for shitty boss scores (or you're lying about never using damage items and used those like everyone else).
I'm not even that user you were arguing with originally. I just threw my own hat into the ring, because you were acting like getting blossoms was hard, when it really isn't.
And why would anyone use the items? They weren't very useful.
Also, the game even outright hands you a three hit barrier, FOR FREE, so long as you don't take any actual damage in a few fights.
So, yes, it does sound like you suck. If you couldn't manage all blossoms without items, you suck. It's an easy game, stop being a fagot.

he died here he's fucking garbage.

What does "with nothing in them" mean? Shitty puzzles that block you literally all 10 seconds? Yes, it barely has any of this kind. Thank god.

And yes, it's also great there are many uinique dungeons that are short instead of huge two hours dungeons that all follow the same patterns with different assets.

To open a door in Zelda alone takes two minutes because of loading times. Go shove this kind of dungeon up your ass, please. In Okami the entire dungeon is streamed without any loading times.

>And why would anyone use the items? They weren't very useful.
>literally items that do 1/3 of a boss per hit
>items that make you invincible or much stronger
>infinite ink
>useless

Why are Okami threads always filled with the worst of the worst Cred Forums has to offer.

Too bad it wasn't different enough to save Okami from being a mediocre art piece.

Capcucks and Sonyggers will try and convince you it is.

>using the shitty items that make the combat a complete joke
No thanks, scrub. Keep trying to say how "hard" the game is without using them, though. You're giving me some might hardy keks.

>needing infinite ink
>needing damage boosters
>getting hit ever
Completely useless, you just suck shit.

What are some good Zelda/Okami like games?

I played Darksiders 1 and it wasn't good at all, I dropped it after I got the portal gun because shit was too cynical to me.

That's almost an argument.

Nah, I'm a Nintendo and Zelda fanboy who hates Capcom and Sony and I can tell him it is better.

>I'm a Nintendo and Zelda fanboy
Of course you are. That's why you're lying?

>Why are Okami threads always filled with the worst of the worst Cred Forums has to offer.
Considering all you've been doing is try to tell people how difficult the scoring system is for you to deal with, it seems you're the worst of the worst here, user.

>What are some good .../Okami like games?
Nintendogs

I feel the game was one of those moments extended for 90% of the game
I always felt the game dragged on and when it seemed it was finally going to end it still goes on, thank god it kept going because I sure want to keep fighting Orochi for again and again and again with no differences

>one single Ocarina of Time dungeon has factually (yes) more complexity and depth than all the caves and "dungeons" in Witcher 3

Yes.

>Dark Souls

Ok, I don't think that Dark Souls is quite near the heights of the likes of Ocarina, but it's one of the few games with world design and secrets that are legitimately in the same league and I think it's silly to undersell it. Ocarina absolutely trumps it in terms of interactivity and creative puzzles, as the 64 Zeldas do most everything, but it's leagues above the Witcher games.

Yes, you get hit in this game, yes infinite ink can significantly improve your dps since you can just spam specific techniques, same with regular damage buffs.

That you are an singple player action adventure elite pro doesn't change this is how those items are useful. Don't use words whose meaning you don't know.

Too bad the only way you could prove me wrong would be a video of you fighting, for example, Oki the very first time and getting pinks without any items. You can't do this. What I can do, though, is watching all those blind playthroughs on Youtube that all prove me right.

youtube.com/watch?v=X6Wg68JSSrI

Besides. No one ever implied the game is hard. The point was it's harder than fucking Zelda battles which don't ever score you and are literally just "wait for enemy to lower his shield, then attack" or just mash buttons.

Lying about what?

Well, it's factually harder than Zelda. That was the point, nothing else. Braindead child.

I bought this game for twenty bux, never played it, lent it to a friend, and never remembered to get it back.

Is it good?

>9/10 and 10/10s everywhere
>beat Zelda in regard of GotY awards 2006
>huge fanbase measered to the few copies it sold
>will get it's fourth port soon
No, it's awful. Don't play it.

Why would I care to prove you wrong? You're being a real faggoty bitch, user. Just admit you aren't good at the game. It's ok to suck. No one cares if you do, but when you try to bullshit and say it's the game's fault you can't do a thing well, you're gonna be called out on your bullshit.
Also, you very heavily implied, and at times, outright stated, how hard the scoring system in the game was. And you are rightfully getting called out on it by people who've actualy beaten the game.

>talking about dps in a game where most fights are over in seconds
wew

This autist is hopeless. Let's just let the thread die.

I never said it wasn't harder or easier than any Zelda game. I merely am mocking your lack of skill at the mediocre combat.

No, it's not.

You are, dare I say it, a faggot.

>Well, it's factually harder than Zelda.
>said only by this shitter that's been proven wrong

Well, it's hard combared to Zelda which never scores or punishes you by giving you less money or other bonuses etc. There also are more aspects to the Okami combat like finding out the right way to kill enemies for those blue fangs etc.

>fights are over in seconds
For action adventure/ARPG standards fights take pretty long in this game, user. No need to go full retard now.

Shit, that's mean. I'm taking this cozy single player action adventure game all seriously and have all my self-esteem built up on how good I am in it.

You are mentally disabled if you think Zelda combat is more complex or harder, though. Like literally. And I have both games on Dolphin/PCSX2. I can make a video right now if you want of three random enemies I encounter first in the last dungeon of TP and three first enemies I encounter first in the snow dungeon in Okami.

How about it? You time-wating trainwreck of a shitposter.

The reasons why people like Okami ted to be so absurdly shallow and superficial that I can't take them seriously. I can only assume that people who like it over Zelda do so because of how it straightforwardly it shoves everything into your face, while being unable to really appreciate Zelda's intricacies and more subtle approach.

It's leagues better. Was really happy how it blew Zelda the fuck out in 2006 and won more awards, on IGN for example.

100% wrong. Zelda completely destroys Okami in every way.

Zelda:
Good combat that action game experts can enjoy
Enjoyable story and characters
Beautiful art and graphics
Good boss fights

Okami:
Braindead combat for babies
Shitty, basic story and characters
Bland, uninspired graphics
Boring boss fights

Zelda is Okami if Clover Studio made Okami for anything but entry-level plebs.

>while being unable to really appreciate Zelda's intricacies and more subtle approach.

Zelda:
>Good combat that action game experts can enjoy

This thread just turned into comedy cold as Nintendo babbies appeared.

>I don't really care
You clearly care far too much, since you've been keeping this argument with several people. Yes, the game has a score system, which makes it more "challenging" than a Zelda game. Big fucking whoop. Outside of maybe one person, no one was debating that with you, and only giving you shit about your nonsense about how difficult it is to get cherry blossom ranks.
I hope you're just fishing for (you)s, because if you're seriously this fucking stupid, I pray for your family.

No, it's not. It didn't "blow Zelda the fuck out". Twilight Princess is a far better game with more varied gameplay and far better dungeon design. IGN is a joke of a review site and I honestly feel sorry for you if take their word to heart.

>only giving you shit about your nonsense about how difficult it is to get cherry blossom ranks.
Well, compared to Zelda it is, that's all I said. Good you finally understood. And yes, a few bosses are also hard in general not using items and trying to get all pinks. Sometimes for trial and error reasons, though.

Kill yourself, you fucking clone. I just finished both on emulator and while I like TP, it literally has vasts areas in the overworld which are basically 99% unused, the whole game feels outdated even in 2006 and it has no depth at all. Crawling through dungeons takes two hours because opening a gate alone takes ages since the dungeon rooms get loaded sepereately while in Okami the whole dungeon gets streamed as one big room. You can rush through them like the wind.

Hell, you can combo "items"/abilities like this for actually quick puzzle solving, you can SOLVE a puzzle while already thinking about the next one.

Clearly you're just being retarded on purpose now. Still using that "no, it totally is hard without items, I swear." Stop being such a little fag.

this okami shitter is really pathetic

>Darksiders 1 is another game that's better than any Zelda

It's absolutely not, but it's one of very few games to actually do a half-decent job of taking after Zelda while having solid combat. The way you progress through and explore the overworld is too straightforward to be on par with Zelda.

ITT: Raging autist arguing for over 2 hours
youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM

>that webm
Did you really get killed on purpose to make the game look hard?

It's fun, but a lot of it is unmemorable (especially the dungeons), and it suffers the classic clover/platinum problem of genre shifting

plus it managed to be even easier than LoZ, which is a feat

>To open a door in Zelda alone takes two minutes because of loading times.

I'm seriously confused as to if you even play Zelda at all.

Yes and no
If you don't bring up the point that it's a Zelda clone, it's the best, but in the other hand it's a ton better because it's refreshing after all the high fantasy Zelda stuff

I like both series.

>Zelda
>Good combat that action game experts can enjoy
no need to keep reading. This (You) is just for (You).

Well, I don't care what definition of hard you have. I have seen people saying game xy is easy despite they died 200 times. Some people are just retarded.

For action adventure standards I consider it hard when I actually have to concentrate and focus on not fucking up which you have to do with bosses, especially smaller ones like the dogs, Waka, Oni etc. If you want pinks and don't use items.

>reviews are always trustworthy and principle recommendations for content!

Remember me, guys?

>still bullshitting this hard

Are you talking about Zelda? Even Breath of The Overrated apply to that.

>Kill yourself, you fucking clone.
You first, bitchboy. Seriously, go end yourself right now for having such irredeemably abhorrent taste.

>it literally has vasts areas in the overworld which are basically 99% unused
Every single area in the game is used and has a purpose. The large fields in Hyrule were design choices.

>the whole game feels outdated even in 2006 and it has no depth at all.
Twilight Princess was a huge achievement for the GameCube in late 2006, sporting a massive world with perhaps the most detailed and realistic graphics on the system.

>Crawling through dungeons takes two hours because opening a gate alone takes ages since the dungeon rooms get loaded sepereately
It takes two hours because you're bad at the game and run around in circles. The loading times between rooms are non-existent.

>Okami the whole dungeon gets streamed as one big room. You can rush through them like the wind.
Faster gameplay =! better gameplay

>Hell, you can combo "items"/abilities like this for actually quick puzzle solving, you can SOLVE a puzzle while already thinking about the next one.
You can combo items and gear in Zelda too

>you can SOLVE a puzzle while already thinking about the next one.
I think this statement speaks for itself. Okami's puzzles are so easy that you can immediately begin focusing on the next puzzle.

When I first got this game and was playing through it, eventually obtaining the 'golden oil' or whatever that upgrades your weapons, I never used it. I thought they were temporary and ignored it because I was stupid and a kid. Game was still relatively easy.

But come back a few years and download it on my ps3, I replay and use those items and holy shit. What's even the fucking point after doing that? THAT'S how they intended it with upgraded weapons???

It's better than Wind Waker, but what isn't?

>rent it
>play for a long time
>finally beat boss
>give myself a round of applause
>the game continues
>and continues
>and continues
>1 day left on rental
>don't have the drive to keep playing

Well fuck. Now I feel bad. Guess I'll emulate it one of these days...but holy fuck is that game long.

youtube.com/watch?v=3iwoAr58BDQ

2:35.

Going to door, press a, shitty camera thing you must watch, literal loading screen, watch camera positioning itself behind you again.

After 200 doors you just want to kill yourself. Especially when backtracking. In Okami there is literally zero waiting involved. You rush and rush and rush through dungeons.

>underag shitposters on Cred Forums matter

>You first, bitchboy. Seriously, go end yourself right now for having such irredeemably abhorrent taste.
But you prefer current Zelda over Okami?

>Every single area in the game is used and has a purpose. The large fields in Hyrule were design choices.
Yes, I know. But when things are supposed to be shit it doesn't make them less shit. And one boss fight is not a sufficient excuse for a huge empty area.

And actually, no, many areas are just this big for the sake of being big and tricking the player into believing they're exploring a huge, realistic fantasy world. Hyrule Lake has no deal being as vast as it is, Eldin doesn't either, the empty, awful snow montains which have nothing but ice wolves, that whole northern area etc. Everything is too big for its own good. Even the desert and deserts should look kinda empty.

>Twilight Princess was a huge achievement for the GameCube in late 2006, sporting a massive world with perhaps the most detailed and realistic graphics on the system.
Are you just quoting some casual Amazin review now?

>The loading times between rooms are non-existent.
Stop talking about games you have not played.

Not reading rest of this shitpost.

Next one, please.

Tons of different swords attacks, techniques and items to fight enemies with, each with varying levels of effectiveness. Combined with Boss Rush mode and/or using intricate glitches, the combat is highly satisfying.

(You) are a retard. :^)

emulation ain't so slow.

And never stops giving. New villages, story aspects, weapons, music, characters and their problems, sidequests etc.

When you play TP and see how the game tries to drag the shitty Illya subplot throughout the whole game basically without anything new to come or any new villages after the third dungeon, I think this is when you see the true value of Okami.

No, you are the retard here.

>zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Jam_Session
>zeldawiki.org/Jam_Session

Please give me something in Okami as intricate and creative as this. Keep in mind that you are never prompted for any part of it, and you have to figure it out for yourself by piecing together what interactions are possible with the world and characters. And this is only a minor sidequest in MM among many with even greater levels of complexity and open endedness.

>But you prefer current Zelda over Okami?
This. Okami is what Zelda should be in 3D and every single issue Okami suffers from, it's something it borrowed from the current Zelda to appeal to casuals, both series suffer from it.

Japas begins the Jam Session with the notes Right-C, Right-C, Down-C, A.
Y, Y, R, L on the Nintendo 3DS version
Then Link plays his first set of notes from Mikau's journal: A, Down-C, Right-C, A.
L, R, Y, L on the Nintendo 3DS version
Japas continues with Left-C, Left-C, Right-C, Down-C.
X, X, Y, R on the Nintendo 3DS version
Link ends the session with Down-C, Right-C, Left-C, Down-C.
R, Y, X, R on the Nintendo 3DS version

Incredible game design. 10/10 action adventure.

Wtf, I hate gameplay now.

I love that you have to pretend I even brought up combat, which is actually shitloads better in the NES games anyway.

>youtube.com/watch?v=3iwoAr58BDQ
>2:35
...That is only one second.

>shitty camera thing you must watch, literal loading screen, watch camera positioning itself behind you again.
You a mean a brief one-time cutscene? Now you're just trolling.

>After 200 doors you just want to kill yourself. Especially when backtracking. In Okami there is literally zero waiting involved. You rush and rush and rush through dungeons.
Sounds like you have Attention Deficit Disorder. Never play a Resident Evil game.

Reminder the pyrotechnic Tamaya has best theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=VCaDU_F3EsI

Okay, so you can hopefully all tell by now that OP is an actual autist with a chip on his shoulder about Okami, seeing as how he goes off on every poster that criticizes it.

NO U

It's a good thing this game doesn't get talked about too often on here or else we might have another XV-kun to deal with.

Better than Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
Not as good as Ocarina, Majora, and Wind waker

I fucking hated a lot of the bosses because most of them had a variation of the multiple spear move that they would just constantly spam, was so fucking annoying

I can only assume that you've never actually done this yourself as I have no idea what you're trying to imply and I can guarantee that you won't be able to come up with anything in Okami as clever. I'm calling your bluff here.