How is the new raid?

How is the new raid?

I just had my blind group break up after five or so hours at it. We got past the first boss and were learning how to do the second. I really liked the first boss fight, it took good coordination between teammates but didn't have that "MVP" role that Crota and Oryx have where one guy is essential and the other five are just backing him up.

I don't think I can find another group to try going blind starting halfway through so I might have to settle for looking up how to do the rest.

TTK was p cool, is this worth $30 freedom shekels?

I just started the new shit today. And idk desu. If you liked taken king you will probably like this.

>People still play Destiny AND buy Destiny DLC
wew lad

>buying destiny dlc

Nah got it for free

Started this up a few nights ago for the first time. Ignoring the level boosters and working my way up the way God intended. It's fun but confusing as fuck sometimes.

Does the story ever make sense?

>Buying the game a third time

What the fuck

No. Not really

>I just had my blind group break up after five or so hours at it
sounds like a fucking Destiny raid
even as someone who beat VoG 35 fucking times for a nerfed mythoclast I'll never understand why people put themselves through that shit
man I am so pissed a bunch of world of warcraft faggots coopted the fucking Halo RPG and turned into their tryhard shitfest
if you aren't they kind of faggot who will do a legendary all skulls playthrough of Halo you might as well fuck off

I want to get into this game because I like bungie shooters but I'm afraid of the grind. How long to max out one character?

With the new system they out in the April Update, its super easy.
You can play a few hours each week and max out a dude real fast.
The gear farming to get BiS gear for PvE and PvP is what takes a while, but you don't need to do that to succeed, you'll still be fine with just whatever you get for the most part, especially with the god roll vendor guns that exist

Good shit user I might actually buy this then. Probably gonna play the super edgy hooded class with swords.

Easiest Raid so far (unless you count cheesing every part of Crota). Has a really spooky atmosphere, but it's story is practically non-existent (it's barely alluded to in the campaign) so you don't really feel as heroic for destroying the bosses, similar to VoG. There's not much space between bosses, so it doesn't feel like much of an adventure, either. The bosses are cool, but they're too much of a DPS race at times.

Why do people still play this game?
It felt and played like shit back during the beta in 2013 and I doubt it has gotten better.

Fuck bulletsponge enemies, especially when guns are involved.

NP but fair warning you will have very little fun without friends to play with. If you need to, use LFG and look for chill people who know what they are doing.
Being good at PvP helps find good, chill people, but Destiny has a pretty steep learning curve when it comes to learning when to super and how to counter or avoid enemy supers.
Solo Destiny gets boring fast.

Well, the bosses actually have mechanics now. The new raid is entirely mechanically based

"Mechanics" like kings fall bosses had??

Yeah what do you mean by "mechanics"
Oryx had "mechanics" but really it was a bunch of arcane unexplained bullshit that you had to figure out through experimentation, which is an absolutely fan-fucking-tastic experience when you're doing the raid with randoms.

The mechanics were pretty shit desu

>Destiny has a pretty steep learning curve when it comes to learning when to super and how to counter or avoid enemy supers.

... I-I just played it like halo/cod and was pretty good at it. Was never as complicated as you're making it sound