Can you tame wild animals in this or are you destined to die by stray horses?

Can you tame wild animals in this or are you destined to die by stray horses?

One Way Heroics thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768686327
youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZYSI8GNW0
silversecond.booth.pm/items/284665
amazon.co.jp/dp/4040709446/
youtu.be/tV_Ud0VA4RE
katamichitrpg.tumblr.com/post/146103366959/公式キャンペーンゲームを彩るnpcたち
dropbox.com/s/c7gwr2x2j2y9rqx/WolfEditorENG.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fighting fluffy animals

I don't want to die, thanks.

Fucking treehuggers.

Posting wolf butt.

How do you fucking win? That angel bitch fucks my ass everytime i get to her...

There seems to be an influx of threads about this game. Is it on sale or something? Just curious.

Found a world that has Draco, wolf girl, and a bard in it before 600 meters.
Playing vita version so idk if seeds carry over between platforms but i assume they do

run away for the first encounters

I really hate how MC's onscreen log takes up 5 lines. You can't even read any of said lines completely because of the font size being so damn big.

And then the recall text log doesn't catch any conversations that involve portraits, for whatever reason.

Bard and Hero classes can tame monsters. For Bard it costs 5 charisma + an extra 5 each use, while the Hero just gets two uses.

>Playing vita version so idk if seeds carry over between platforms but i assume they do

They better have cross ghosts or whatever with that twitter requirement for online.

Spike Chunsoft's spinoff was released, and it was shit, so now everyone is playing the original again.

It just got released recently.

Can anyone figure out what you're supposed to do with Thief's stealing skills in MC? It doesn't seem like it grabs anything ever.

Mod for replacing MC's music with OWH/+'s has been released.

Maybe you should try playing easy mode.

Does anyone actually play MC OWH on Cred Forums, or does everyone just play the originals?

im playing MC
never played the original and the vita is comfy

What are your current displayed campaigns?

anyone wanna save world "DONTDIE"?

I really enjoyed the original and plus, but never managed to defeat the darkness or go to the weird dimension place.

Now I'm playing MC and it's a lot of fun, as well. Maybe I will finally beat this game.

What makes it shit?
I only played the original for a couple hours, never put too much time into it.

Well, since nobody seems to want to play on MC, I guess I'll join in a bit.

>Play Archer
>Bow breaks
>Can't find a new one
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Read the reviews.

Downloading

Thats lame tho

OK, so it's got some weird twitter integration and the music is not as good, among other things. That seems like reason enough to stick with the originals unless I was starved for more.

At least this viral is for something that's alright.

What difficulty do you have to beat the campaign on to unlock castle NPCs for OWH+?

I think it mentions it when you highlight them.

Should I awaken?

I think you have to do the special campaign to unlock castle NPCs.

I forgot pic

It only gives me the number of clears required.

Special campaign?

A campaign that changes daily or weekly when you select a world.

The master of unlocking!

This old hag is going to run off with my money isn't she?

DO IT FAGGOT

Fucking Iron Hags man.

What the fuck happened to vault meido?

>Mail(Male)
Oh you

sweet

oh shit my axe keeps missing

is this the end?

PROTECT THE LOLI

i beat the shit out of dumb imp and continue walking until

Should I play on maniac?

i did it again and beat the shit out of dumb bird by using my last awakening

rip maid(male)

also looks like the loli's father is here should i return his daughter to him or take her away with me?

KIDNAP LOLI

TIME FOR STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

Is the Vita version of this any good?

If you like the MC game then yes it is, best version of MC IMO. Never played the originals, but i should

i'll kidnap her right after i...

burn her father in front of her eyes

THE MADMAN

OWH+ question here.

How fast should I be progressing? I want to actually find the things like villages but it makes the game so fucking slow to search around constantly and makes me want to only play on easiest difficulty since it ends around 400m and it takes a long time to get that far for me. How deep do the other difficulties go?

My 2nd attempt is off to a great start.

AHHHHHHHHHHH

F

rip

could this be the end of lock?

I love this game, but the RNG Strong Enemy gimmick added with OWH+ is pure bullshit.

Then MC went and added more RNG on top of it with the Trap system.

The other difficulties have a soft cap at 2000km. They often get tougher, but the addition of allies and better equipment offset the daunting difficulty.
Hard adds better equipment, more chances to find rare stuff (Licenses, Keys) and exclusive allies (Duke Galtz, The King).
Inhumane is traditional Japanese turbo hard difficulty.

I've scoured the 'net but can't find how you came by this wolf butt.

i failed you loli

LOCK NOOOOOOO

Anyone play the Vita version? Give me the nasty deets, I want to know if I should bother staking out a physical copy from LRG or not. I enjoyed the original OWH.

Lock tries to avenge the loli's death

and dies by a swarm of bear and tigers. at the very least Lock killed the tiger responsible for Mila's death. May Lock and Mila rest together in peace.

10km is the absolute limit.

In OWH+, you can see the shapes of buildings(or ruins) on your minimap. You can use that to find dungeons and towns quite reliably.

fuck i forgot pic again

There's at least one user in the thread who has it.

Alright, I'll try Maniac mode this time around.

Why 5 Lockpicking?

THE NEMESIS RETURNS FOR ROUND 2

Because Lock was born from a family of pirates who specializes in lockpicking.

>Bird
RIP

God damn it, I didn't even see that fucking crow.

Thanks for the Healing Herb. It'll help on Maniac.

F

Your ghost gave me a lockpick and one intellect. Which is what I didn't need. F.

Yeah strong enemy is horribly broken. It's just guaranteed "it's time to use an awakening fuck you" a lot of the time. They actually aren't as strong in MC but traps can be equally frustrating.

I actually think MC is a little more balanced and people just aren't used to it yet, taking fire damage from a landmine when nothing else is going on you can prepare for; having 10 turns notice before a flying double moving polar bear with 2k hp ambushes you at 400 km is not.

>Strong enemies spawn
>in lava

Well then.

>strong enemies spawn
>they're all snow hares

Spoken like someone who has yet to hit a log trap and get sent flying into a mountain range/lava/pits, hit a sleep trap when getting chased by something that can oneshot you, hitting an unequip trap while positioning to fight a strong enemy, triggering any kind of trap that has splash damage in a town - because you count as the initiator of damage anyone that gets hit by it means you become a criminal, and ultimately any landmines mean you can't carry flammables unless you want to die.

Fuck traps.

F

INHUMANE ODYSSEY JUST WANTS TO KEEP KILLING ME WITH FUCKING 2x MOVESPEED BIRDS

F

Lock wakes up

It was just a bad dream

What level should I be to defeat the Demon Lord?

On difficulties besides Walk in the Park, the Demon Lord shows up and fights you for a bit before leaving, and does this the whole time. You can slowly accumulate damage against them.

First a desert, then a snowfield, and I still have no food. I'd eat dogs if I could, but they aren't dropping any meat.

Thanks for the save bruv.

Thanks for the food.

F

Got an Air Blade.

>Fucking treehuggers.

Kill them user, you know you want to do it.

Thanks for the lunchbox

>killed 1588 baddies so far

Another thing that sucks about MC - counters visibly stop at 999.

All I got was a key.

F

Loli get.

Scroll of confusion was a mistake. Fucking NPC shooting lighting at Mila

>More...

RIP

More vials of healing are always welcome.

F

That stuff happens so infrequently though. Losing runs due to bullshit strong enemy encounters in OWH+ happens a lot more than losing runs due to traps.

I cleared the daily world with Aerdou.
Being poor, weak, and quickly losing durability on my equipment, I killed 2 medicine girls right off the bat out of desperation for their precious heals.
The healing items really came in handy, since I was basically Aerdou's meatshield for the whole run. I had tried and failed at using knight before, and now I know they really need a strong party member like Aerdou to function well.
Anyway, even though I lost my wanted level rather quickly, bounty hunters just kept showing up for the whole run. They were all really strong and the fights dragged on, which was a good thing because it helped me build up a ton of friendship with Aerdou.
Near the end of the run, I found a village of poor people and decided to make up for my previous murders (in my mind at least) by buying them all food. Aerdou swore loyalty to me and we whooped Almas ass.

This game is fun.

Lock killed everyone in the near by village where he assume the NPC who killed Mila lived. There is no turning back. Lock is now a criminal and enraged of Mila's death.

>I killed 2 medicine girls right off the bat out of desperation for their precious heals.

You're no knight.

>Get ahead of them
>Let them shoot arrows at you, ever so slightly out of reach
>Darkness consumes them
>Pick up arrows

Money in the bank, yo.

I've been stopped by a trap while running several times and teleport potions always save me, and as someone who never carried explosives in OWH+ for fear of exploding randomly anyway, the igniting aspect of traps doesn't phaze me.
About getting pushed into lava or a pit, though, just check the few squares you plan to move through if you need to walk close to those hazards.

Also, I triggered a land mine, killing a save elf, and didn't catch any heat for it so I don't know if triggering traps that harm NPCs really makes you a criminal.

Hm, maybe it triggered an elzite bomb in my inventory which caused that hostility.

If I play the non+ version, will I still show up for you owh+ guys?

Don't think so.

Both of them were jews who wouldn't give me their items AND they were gonna be obliterated by the wall of death in a few minutes anyway.

Thanks for Jerryrigging.

And thanks to your ghost, I managed to get the Demon Lord to cook me some meat at no personal risk.

F

Okay Lock is dead for good. Fucking off screen enemies keeps throwing burning shit at me while stuck fighting a shadow.

Thank god I let that Scroll Shop owner get mauled earlier so I could loot his Fountain Scroll.

Why do you even get bounty for killing the forest jade group? If other NPCs see you being attacked by them they'll attack them for you.

It's the Type C One Way Hero class in Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics.

Alright let's make a character guys.

0-3 picks out all the 5 perk slots
4-7 picks out the class and type
8-9 picks out the name

All negatives
Tourist B
Swirlslut

>Tourist B
user i...

Pro-Wrestler x5

>not tourist C

I should've thought this through more.

I'm afraid of grabbing that item, so who knows what you dropped.

F

Alright Pro-Wrestl is our name
0-4 picks out the all the perks
5-9 picks out the class and type

check for all the shit I have unlocked

Swordmaster C

Force User A

Alright we Swordmaster C

Next first reply gets to pick out all our skills

Strong Enemy Fox Squad.

Killed the boss and 3 minions without managing to incur any wanted levels.

Eat shit, treehuggers.

Nobody else is going to pick?

Well then
Master of Unlocking x2
Pro-wrestler x3

finally let's begin

>DONTDIE

>almost everyone is dead

Way to go.

Nothing much is happening or then killing everything with our maid fist until the Demon Lord shows up stronger then usual. Should we awaken (5 uses) left, run away, or use a item? Next reply decides on what we should do.

You can take at least one hit, run.

Found a Brilliant Dosey.

We ran successfully

Looks a like something is above us. Should we check it out? Next reply decides if we should.

I've seen Vagrant, Famous, Wanted, Happy, Wacky, etc.
What does each adjective mean exactly? Do they alter stats or what?

They alter stats, the wiki has a chart for the modifiers.

Naughty NPCs get modified generic chat dialogue.

I have One Way Heroics on Steam, but haven't played it that much. Is + really important, or should I get by without it until I'm sure I like the game?

You can basically think of the base game as a demo.

+ is pretty much better in every way than the original but I would play the original a bit to figure out if you like this type of game. There's always the chance that the genre isn't for you.

I guess MC has some new ones because I don't see all of them on the wiki.

youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZYSI8GNW0

Hear this. What do you do.

Do this late at night is a mistake. Perhaps next time I'll continue this another thread or not

I'm not sure if Naughty still exists in MC, everyone is already so lewd by default anyway.

It was getting too difficult to continue on, so I had to kill the Demon Lord. They had a lot more HP than I thought they would, burned all my Awakenings, a Holy Sword of Storms, and then I just started throwing every heavy weapon in my inventory at them since they were about to disappear.

Sadly, I didn't manage to bring up either member's affection in time to get an ending.

Time to awaken

It isn't murder if they started it.

Not everyone!

Apparently I'm the second to conquer this dimension, Fredericka cleared it first.

Maniac mode has given me a much bigger appreciation of Force Knight's Telekinesis.

Results screen.

Yeah, I did a quick clear to unlock ninja. Doing legit full run towards end of the world now.

>Turn on voices in MC because I'm curious about Dosey's voice
>Immediately turn off voices

Dubbing an obscure indie roguelike was a mistake.

Ninjas aren't so good.

English or Japanese track?

Yeah, I can see why.

Hiding in the mountains is pointless against Demon Lord.

Is there an option for japanese? English was default and it was awful.

Yeah, game is dual audio, check the settings.

>music is not as good
what the fuck. the original ost wasn't terrible or anything but it's still fucking midis
how did they make it WORSE?

The original ost was great.

1 music per tile, sometimes even shared between them. Try to hear mountain->forest tile transition, no change in BGM at all, or large corridor of dreams->small corridor of dreams.

Title screen is like 30 seconds loop music compared to 2 good music at OWH+

>go anywhere near a dungeon
>stupid little red dinosaur knight niggers follow me to the ends of the earth

The game looks like fun.

Is the dlc worth it? Should I just get the Mystery Chronicle remake instead?

The one that spams "EXPROUSION!!"? Because fuck that guy.

Maybe you shouldn't have gone near the dungeons without an axe then.

I need these

Mystery Chroncle:
+better graphics
+more content
-less music
-30 fps
-slower and less detailed menus
-need twitter for multi
-traps

One Way Heroics/One Way Heroics Plus
+more music
+60 fps
+no traps
+dont need twitter
+goes on sale for a dollar
-shit graphics
-waaaaay less content/less content

Pick one and if you like it get the other as well I guess. They're both fun games.

How get?

OWH+ is also mechanically better.

Try asking Smoking Wolf.

Explain

It just has better solid mechanics, going through MC's millions menus to do something you can in seconds when playing OWH+ is example of this.

>shit graphics
But it looks pretty nice and comfy

Chaos Attack is nice damage at least. A shame about the huge cost.

there's also a mind control potion that can convert a non-boss npc permanently to your side.

As far as game mechanics I think MC has a more balanced inhumane odyssey mode though, some classes in OWH+ can get 1v1'd by the most basic enemies if they get unlucky.

Are you the one who was talking about doing these in the past few threads? If so thanks man, really liked listening to the OWH tracks in game.

This game reminds me of Elona.

There's no rape going on here.

A shame.

Alien infestations are not so bad user, just accept it.

Straps:
silversecond.booth.pm/items/284665

The tabletop game rules:
amazon.co.jp/dp/4040709446/

LEWD

Since when does MC have more content? Do you mean more classes or something?

>better graphics
This is just wrong, unless you prefer generic 2010 VN art to SmokingWolf's amateurish art. The game itself doesn't look better at all.

Not him, but the sprites do look better in MC than in OWH+. Plus I also like how large enemies like dragons and golems actually take up more space and can't follow you through tight spaces. Generally speaking OWH+ is better though.

More classes, additional weapon classes fists, boomerangs, rifles, and hand elzites. More consumables such as astral blessing, more accessories such as one that drains ST each turn but increases ID by 100%.

MC does have a lot more stuff even if the game win conditions are pretty much the same.

Guess I'm going to have to buy all the straps eventually.

Yesterday I managed to get the end of the dimension ending and I saw a lot of weird shit.

>someone wanting a duel on a bridge over a river of magma
>beast people begging for a parchment of darkness
>siren village
>semen demons (no clue what they do as I killed them on the spot)

Fuck me. Now I can never play tourist again.

Alright I have the regular One Way Heroics on steam, but got discouraged from the amount of shit tossed at me and stopped playing 5 minutes in because I didn't understand any of it.

I do want to get into it though.

Should I get Plus? What about Mystery Chronicle?
Any helpful hints for a newbie?

Yes

Maybe

Get Plus for the definitive experience, it balanced alot of broken shit from the original and added lots of new stuff. Get MC after if you enjoy playing OWH, its more of the same with a new coat of paint.

As for starting out:
-Run away from enemies that are glowing red, you can't handle them usually
-Don't be afraid to use consumables/awakenings, not worth hoarding if you die
-Swordmaster/Knight is a good starting class
-You don't have to fight the demon lord right away unless you're playing on the easiest difficulty(you can still run on walk in the park, but it won't despawn after a period like in the other difficulties). You should usually run until you're ready to fight it.
-Don't be afraid to throw out useless/niche shit for stuff you actually need
-Avoid mountains/swimming unless you got perks that help with those. And if you have to use mountains/swimming, make sure there's no enemies around unless you wanna get pounded.

There's prolly more, but that should be enough to get you started. Like any other game, you'll get better/understand more as you play.

thenks

Both Plus and MC throw even more stuff at you, and Plus is not as easy to cheese as the original.

-Use vault
-Beat Walk in the park and afternoon stroll first until you get 4th and 5th perk slot.
-Don't be afraid to use awakening when not on the boss if you're really in a pinch unless you want to give up on that run to transfer the item for the next run. Especially that Awakening makes swimming/climbing mountain cost only 1 turn, useful if you're stuck.
-Stock teleport potions. Carry at least 1 of them at all time. Magic bridge, floating tablet, or tentacle weed also acceptable.

It took me 6 runs to get it together in original OWH.

>semen demons (no clue what they do as I killed them on the spot)

They give Seduction debuff, basically confuse+strip armor for a few turns. Cureable with a herb.

I can't stop running into Quality Whetstones.
Send help.

What's the most broken combo in this game? Personally I prefer pro-wrestling*5 Zenura Weave Hero. Deals retarded damage right off the bat, basically invincible if you don't turn your back on the enemy, racks up awesome combos, punch down walls and pop open chests with your FISTS OF JUSTICE, etc.

Pirate with 5x mountain climb on the original. No clue what's good in plus. Ninjas seem interesting and got good results with a pugilist ninja, and mountains aren't as bad in plus as they were in the original game.

Wolverina, whoever you are, your ghost just tanked about 50 hits, allowing me to defeat a glowing skeleton knight at level 4. Thanks.

Pro-Wrester Swordmaster is funny as hell, IMO.

Not OP but certainly capable of dealing with anything that isn't a object mimic.

Pay especial attention to the terrain. Sometimes the debuffs can really cost you (Deserts and Coasts slow your movement speed down, par that up with harpies and you'll want lots of contingencies for them often getting double moves on you, Snow Fields drain energy faster.

Otherwise, everything everyone else mentioned.

Especially don't be afraid to blow an Awakening on a tough enemy to either kill the hell out of them or get some distance. To quote Iris (also, ask her shit if you're starting out) on higher difficulties there are enemy minibosses that can make the Demon Lord look like a tiny baby.

Speaking of, don't be afraid to blow an Awakening to get past the Demon Lord either. It's better to get flanked by an enemy than by them. And it's best to get enough space that both any pursuing enemies and the Demon Lord have to chase you down. Demon Lord can only stay for four hours, sometimes it's best to just run in a straight line once they're behind you and look for items after they're gone and you killed/ditched any enemy pursuers.

>died to two Harpies getting two double moves on her

Watch out for Harpies man, they are no joke when the terrain benefits them.

Fucking hell, just beat Demon Lord for the first time in MC, died 3 times in the run but it was right after saves.
First death was
>lol Bomb Bat
>lol someone spit
>heres 3 more Bomb Bat's with x2 speed

Second death i dont remember and third was fucking Skull Knight +7 along with a mimmic and a fucking harpy

Demon Lord was +3 and was easy as shit since i was stacked.
Beat him as Shiren too, first time using that class and its real good.

I don't know about Ninja's stats, but his active abilities all seem to permanently cripple you. Don't know if it's a good class overall, I can only boast of beating Walk in the Park once as one.

Then run away until you are stronger.

ninja skills are extremelly good, but they are so agile and with high combo % that you rarely use them so it's fine. Just think of them as panic buttons in case you can't escape from something or when you are fighting the final bosses and don't care about the loss of stats..

Zombies can infect 3 monsters at level 25

This game reminds me of Elona, does it play similarly, and is as much of a cunt?

What residents do you guys like to add to the castle?

The only one I used to care about was the ability teacher because of the mini-dash, but lately I've stopped using that, too.

Yeah it's me. No prob.

Tho gotta be honest, anyone know when track 22 in the BGM menu plays in game? That's the only one I have absolutely no recollection of where it plays so I kinda winged the replacement.

Those straps get shipped outside Japan?

What's with that portrait, why isn't it the "No sexy maid pic for you!"

That joke portrait is only in the original.

Shows up in Plus for me. Time to fuck around with things until I figure it out.

Quest final boss? I can't remember for sure, I'll do quick replay of Samurai job quest now. Fucking 3 save limit makes it impossible to keep the previous playthrough saves around.

There is a sexy maid pic for those who survive three days.

I wonder if there's a pack with custom portraits for every class. The original portraits get the job done but are pretty amateurish.

That explains why I never see it then, I never use Swordmaster C.

Just unlocked the final Brawler skill on MC for the first time, a attack that consumes 50 MAX HP?

I just wish there was a OWH+ with the updated graphics/new classes of MC but none of the MC stuff that doesn't fit the gameplay.

Am I the only one that never saves as I feel like it takes away from the gameplay?

>mfw this game looks like an amazing RPG by its scree shots
>Mfw check a video and it has that forced timed side scrolling so you can't get comfy and have to be on edge and can't enjoy the RPG aspects

Why would they put in such a shit mechanic

I frequently do runs without saving. Only time I savescummed in the original was when I was trying to unlock the last couple things.

I agree though, saving feels like it detracts from the game, but it's understandable given how long some sessions can go for. Having a save&quit or temp save feature woulda been nice.

The speed isn't that bad unless you intentionally make it that way or play on Maniac mode where everything is 100% turn-based.

Awesome. I fucking love One Way Heroics. I'm about to 100% the game, I just have to beat the game in Nightmare difficulty without using the dimensional vault. (This is in the original, btw.) Can I still do that achievement now that I bought OWH+? What can I look forward to in OWH+?

what the fuck is this shit

Tried it, the music is BGM 34, not 22. I was wrong, sorry.

Max energy can be raised on level up or on goddess statue.

It still shouldn't be 7.5% of all my levels. I'd just pick Tourist if I wanted useless level ups.

>been trying to download this for half a few hours already, download percentage keeps getting stuck or going down and then back up in some sort of weird loop

Man, fuck mega.

Thanks anyway! I did know 34 played as the end boss theme in the quests but thought maybe you remembered something I didn't.

Guess 22 is still a mystery, the title for that and desc sounds like it's Baldur related but I don't recall at all.

What Browser? I mainly use Firefox but it's shit for Mega in my personal experience, so I use Chrome for downloading or uploading stuff to it.

Either way any other recommended upload sites?

>it's shit for Mega in my personal experience
Huh, that might explain it. I'll try using chrome then. No idea what other upload sites you can use though, this shit is alien to me.

Anyone else playing on DONTDIE?

This is your Dosey tonight.

this is from TRPG right?

It's literally what the entire game is built around.

It's funny to see the TRPG characters are more "nots."

Well, I'll be damned, the Japanese wiki says it actually is a 7% chance that Adventurer gets an Energy level up.

Why does one of the few classes that actually uses Stamina get the lowest ST growth, but Energy out of the ass?

Why is Dosey's Quest always filled with people when every other campaign has one player at most?

Got it, BGM 22 was played when Hero class use Zenura Sorcery/Weave. You can test it yourself.

>Oversized collar
>Almost revealing her chest

Lewd. Why can't we 'equip' her?

Oh nice! Thanks.

That seems to be one thing OWH actually reuses music for where MC has a separate track just for it and not the other way around.

Guess I should update the mod.

your stamina regen per turn is tied to your energy, so end game adventurers will basically regen every turn even if they are only half full since that's 100% still.

Because Dosey is the best.

Couple hundred hours, and I've never saved.

Thinking about changing that for MC, goddamn traps.

help
how do i get good

If you're talking Plus, the campaign that always has people is Mila's.

First of all, learn what all items do. Then, make sure you use them.

Don't be afraid to burn awakenings, you can't use them after you're dead.

Always keep an eye on the map so you don't run into dead end mountains or water with death chasing you.

Is it possible to kill the demon lord as a non-combat oriented class like the adventurer or should I just run to the end of the world?

Is it possible to dismiss people from your party, or am I stuck with the useless orphan girl instead of the Demon Lord?

Personally I'm fine with the new sprites but man I know the OWH class portraits were just sketches but I liked them much better.

You can kill demon lord with everyone.

Only way to dismiss people is to get them killed. Max party size is 3 allies, and Demon Lord's epilogue will take priority over everyone else, since you need to defeat the Darkness to do it. It might conflict with the King on Plus though, since he gets an extra ending there.

I wonder if MC has the option to dismiss allies, that would be a useful addition.

No option to dismiss in MC.

Missing 3 endings, "young gir milla", "end of the world+" and the journal ending. Plus is pretty good so far.

>end of the world+

Adventurer is probably best class for it.

You could probably equip the new fairy, that slut.

Every class is capable. Can make things easier by thinking outside the box, like using a Jade Hunter or some other strong "Neutral" NPC to kill the Demon Lord instead.

Never played OWH. Which version should I get?

It's 999 if you check your class records too, so the max you can see for all your adventures combined for that class is 999, who seriously even considered that would be a good max point?

Maybe it's a carryover from their usual games, do other Mystery Chronicle/Dungeon games hit numbers like 999 easily?

>try maniac hard mode as sorc
>get stoned by 5 goblins at 30km
woooooooooooooooooooooow

>equip that one bangle that gives you 4x EXP at the cost of stats.
>how bad can it be?
>one shot by the first enemy I encountered

>fighting up close with EXP trinkets equipped

>maniac hard mode as sorc
>Literally playing class that can't live without concentration equipment and energy costly on maniac mode

Might as well start on snow terrain too.

what these [Happy] [Naughty] shit on companions name means?

C'mon. tell me whether i should make this hasty purchase or not. I want a new roguelike since I haven't played one for a while.

As opposed to playing a class figuratively?

Read the thread, already been explained.

Just buy the original (One Way Heroics) first, its the cheapest too. If you like it, get Plus later.

Poor wording, I meant playing class that literally can't live without concentration equipment (because double movement bats and wolf swarm) and energy costly (other class can still kill enemies with high attack weapons, sorc stuck on staff and low str. Try playing campaign that replace all item drops including Nayuta fruits with money without using vault as sorc.) on maniac mode.

Why are people on Cred Forums suddenly talking about this game lately?

Did I miss something?

Try reading the thread, someone else asked that exact same question four posts in.

Man that was the first time I ever equipped one of those, I didn't know I was going to become glass.

>I didn't know I was going to become glass.

Did you equip it in the middle of a fight?

Halved HP and x2's above enemy heads are a good sign that something's up.

Buy the original on sale for less than a dollar.

Remake/New game just got released. But everyone is just playing the old game anyway.

Is the + version worth it or no then?

Be sure to change it to this!
youtu.be/tV_Ud0VA4RE

Yeah I cross checked what it was in OWH since that post, already done and uploading pretty much.

More people are playing MC, and the number has been consistently bigger for a few days after the initial dropoff.

Thank you so much!

+ is better than the original in every way. The issue is that you may not enjoy these types of games so start with the original to see if you do.

Since user was asking about why Cred Forums was talking about it, I was thinking more along the lines of the players in the thread.

Do Queen Frieda's Letter and the Demon Lord's Headdress (or accessories with the same effects) exist in Mystery Chronicle?

I want to try using the Letter to get more EXP without losing all my stats, and I'm terrible at using Sorcerer, so the Concentration+1 from the Headdress would really help.

Is the naughty prefix even around anymore in MC?

I always enjoyed how it changed the default talk dialogue the party members have.

It's not in MC anymore because everyone already has it by default.

Dosey does her lick thing, Keyton and Nami talk about bathing with you, and Aerdou gets turned on while watching you get hurt.

It feels cheapened with how lewd everyone is. Dialogue having no options to choose from is cheapened too.

You're forgetting Draco wanting to PYAAA Memoria, Merril.... yeah, being forced to give Cole a massage while he makes interesting sounds, Olga telling you her exact figure sizes.

Then Alma which makes me think it wasn't a potion of "purity" at all.

And I haven't even finished everyone's dialogue, I won't be surprised if something happens with Baldur.

Meant for

Same "can't be bosses n shit" requirements? Or could I infect those god damn dullahans now

Dullahans are bosses?

Don't think so but every time I've encountered them they're flashing red and resist taming from hero

Updated the Mod.

If you have already downloaded it previously you don't need the "extras" download, I separated them so when updating the whole thing doesn't need to be redownloaded again.

Baldur, Muddy, and Coco are all very tame I think.

Updated the Mod.

If you have already downloaded it previously you don't need the "extras" download, I separated them so when updating the whole thing doesn't need to be redownloaded again.

I want to confess my love to Memoria.
How do I do this?

its one of the random chat messages

Just keep chatting.

Randomized chats with Memoria was a poor idea, sometimes she refers to things from another random conversation. This means she'll say nonsensical things until you've read all of them to put things in context.

Tips for someone who just defeated Alma at 400km in the tutorial world?

Playing MC. I know nothing about this series.

Keep clearing normal difficulty demon lord with different classes until you get 5th perk slot

I meant fallen angel, since you're playing MC

I don't know man but even if that's how it goes usually in their other games I have no idea how they didn't catch this, I mean at least one person tested going to 10000KM right?

Maybe they thought that people didn't care about seeing their statistics past 999, which would be ridiculous.

If I recall, you couldn't see your damage past 999 in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, and HP was capped at that, too.

Holy shit the Choker of Despair accessory in MC, doubles your attack for the price of 1ST per turn. (If you have 0, 1HP)

That sounds pretty cheap.

The penalty might as well not even exist, easy to only equip when about to get into a fight and just destroy everything.

how did this thread last all night?

It must be love.

Looks like I found myself a pretty good buddy, regret doing a chunk of damage to him and him 1/2 of my health in one shot before I remembered I had a recruitment potion.

I was gonna telepill out of there otherwise.

I'm guessing right now he's going to get one shot by a landmine

Aha, thought he was actually going to be lost behind mountains and die but thankfully the telepills I threw at him warped him over.

>telepills

Goddamn, I once used up three telepills trying to get over a mountain range, it was retarded.

A ton of these MC translations are fucked up, 25% of HP for a frozen leaf my ass, it's a flat 25 and the same goes for a bunch of healing items.

Not being able to use shield is a disadvantage though when fighting mini bosses or anything that can't be one shotted with the accessory's attack gain, unless you have a good armor or has huge regen to offset the huge damage taken by the boss like swordsman's berserk ability.

So I've just started playing this.
If I die mid quest, then load and complete it, I can't use the dream vault to store items right?
So is it always better to just restart from new when you die because of potentially better items lost?

I remember buying one way heroics on the site for something like less than a buck. Is there a way to buy the sequel on cheap?

You need to load before dying if you want to use the vault, I think.

I've died, put some items in the vault then loaded from a save and completed the adventure but it said in the end that because it was already rated once, I can't use the dream vault.

He's telling you to load your save before you are about to die. (Or Alt + F4)

Though honestly this is pretty much cheating imo but if you want to do thats on you.

Yes I've noticed that. Also, the player character is inconsistently referred to as both male and gender neutral in various talks and epilogues, and lots of text seems to be very stiffly translated.

Chunsoft said they were gonna fix parts of the script in an upcoming update, so maybe all this will get ironed out.

Actually met his demise by being absolutely fucking shredded by this tiger.

I did the only thing I had to at that point.

>recruiting an ancient enemy
Would have been better on a skeleton with silver armor or a dragon warrior but still.
Living the dream.

I like picking Nami at the start if I plan on having monsters join me. Her ranged piercing attack lets me know their modifiers and does chip damage to the types of enemies you want in your party.
Also, she murders slimes, especially the kind that usually take 1 damage.

>NTR

>2212 damage

I mean thats nice when it happens to enemies but outside companions seem like a ticking timebomb.

How do I not get rekt on normal?

Another annoying thing about MC, when moving to the right an forcing the screen to scroll, you actually move faster than the screen does.

This means you need to wait half a second for it to catch up so you can actually see what's in front of you.

git gud
Learn what can kill you easily. If you outspeed an enemy, just attack them when they don't get a turn. Don't be afraid to use Awakening. Use your skills.

Certain traps insta-kill all NPCs and enemies.

Do we have class growth rates and modifier stat changes for MC? I can't find this info on the jap wiki.

and these faggot still will tell you that trap system is not retarded

Can someone mod out traps already? jesus

I already asked on Xentax/Zenhax if someone can figure out how to extract all these "bin" archives so I can take a look but so far no help of course.

I found a gem that increased my wisdom.
What the hell is wisdom? I don't see it on the stat screen.

Sounds like a mistranslation for INT.

Eat it and see what increases. Might be Willpower.

Finally I can go beat the dimension god(?). What the best perks to force user?

Did the game sell well?

So how exactly does the dream vault work and what should I put in it?
The game tells me that unless I save the game or complete the adventure the items won't disappear but I don't really get what they mean.

>The game tells me that unless I save the game or complete the adventure the items won't disappear but I don't really get what they mean.
Your vault updates whenever it sees the results screen. Dying will update the vault. Winning updates the vault.
Your vault also updates when you save the game, I guess.

If you take items out of the vault and finish the game, they'll disappear again unless you put them back into the vault during the results screen. If you take items out on one character and save the game, they won't appear for another character until the first save file puts the items back.

Anything that is taken from the vault and not put back before closing the clear screen disappears.

I see, thanks.
So I should basically do a couple of runs on easy to upgrade the equipment in the vault so I can move on to later difficulties?

Probably is crossghost because the ghost appear based on what's written on twitter.

Honestly, it doesn't matter. Anything you carry is going to get fucked by traps.

How do they choose what item to drop then?

You can do that if you want, but it better be something rare since you'll be wasting a perk to get additional starting money to take the item out.

The English and Japanese game have different worlds, I wouldn't be surprised if Vita has as well.

By making it random and not based on what you were carrying.

Likely random.

You have to pay money to take items out of the vault in MC?

Doesn't that make it literally impossible to take the best items you can make?

>dream vault

Oh you were talking about MC

Ignore my bullshit then.

Then there's no point in putting actual gear into it because it will break eventually, only unique usefull items?
Also what money are you talking about, you don't actually pay to take out stuff from the vault.

You don't need money to take things out of the vault in the original either, do you?

Degradation traps can apply rusty, but only to things you have equipped.
I assume if you buffed a rare weapon over multiple runs, you'd save it for special combat scenarios instead of just always having it equipped to kill bats and dogs. Plus, in the few turns you have it equipped, you could probably just check for traps.

The original? No. Plus? Yes.

Plus encourages using the vault as nothing more than a trophy collection.

Better hope you don't step on a toss item trap and it throws it into the fucking lava.

Why would you ever walk that close to lava?
And if you HAVE to walk close to lava, why would you not check for traps on the few tiles you have to walk on?

I just checked and took literally everything out of my fully stocked vault with no problems.

I think the silver counter is just to impact your score at the end, it isn't a requirement for withdrawl.

The Vault is very useful for completion.

>mashing Z through dialogue
>accidentally tell the queen I hate zombies

Why didn't you hold alt?

Can't do maniac runs with vault. Only good if you want to do a 10K km run for the stats.

So judging by this thread I shouldn't bother with Mystery Chronicles and just play OWH+ instead?

Play one and then play the other if you like the game.

Depends if you're a weeb-lord or not.

> Grueling campain
> "I fell something bad..."
> 4 Dragon knights appears
> Midboss: Hirricane Tiger king +5 and his minions appears
> Demon king with 26 barrier appears.
I am just a poor adventurer.

I do like the sprites in MC but the 30 fps and constant stuttering coupled with the inability to see stats beyond 999 and traps are putting me off.

Traps aren't that bad desu. Same for 30fps. There's no stuttering.

What people think is stuttering is just other NPCs taking their turns.

Yeh I see what you mean. I wonder if they can somehow fix that.

MC isn't that bad. Even with all the shit I give it, if it magically disappeared from my library, I'd still rebuy it.

Well, it is stuttering. Other NPCs took their turns in OWH/+ too, and it was smooth.

One Way Erotics when

Have they fixed the fps in the Chunsoft release?

katamichitrpg.tumblr.com/post/146103366959/公式キャンペーンゲームを彩るnpcたち so are the TRPG party members just the original party members?

FPS is the least of your worries, the stuttering happening due to NPCs is much more important to fix.

They said they can't because it will fuck up the game because enemy turns are tied to fps.

It's based on the base game, so probably. Don't think you can get into the Dimensional Passageway.

They are expys.

All characters in that post are redraws of genuine OWH characters. You have Healer Dosey, Princess Frieda, Mercenary Panty Mieta and Duke Galtz, drawn by somebody called Mota instead of SmokingWolf. However, some of the art for the book features more original characters.

>Princess Frieda

It always bugs me that she's named Queen Frieda. Why isn't she a princess?

She is called Princess in the Japanese version, as well as in that book.

>mota
I liked his design for that girl in Sorcery Saga.

>mota
amazing

Sorcery Saga is the most charming and fun bad game I've played.

Kuu is a piece of shit though.

Mota also worked on the first 7 Dragon.

Mota also did the designs for the first 7th Dragon.

How the fuck do I not suck at this game?
I'm playing on normal and I've never made it past 200km because I'm always gangraped by random enemies trying to run away from that stupid angel.
Do I just spam my awakenings and waste them all so early?

Move diagonally until she's directly above or below you and move straight down in that direction adjusting diagonally for mountains rivers etc.

What class are you playing?

You have to move slower in MC because the screen takes half a second of time to catch up to your character. You are effectively losing vision if you move continuously.

I've tried most of the default unlocks and the pirate all with about the same amount of success. I'm probably doing something wrong though.

The problem with that is that I'm getting blocked by random enemies or get hit from behind. She also gets my allies this way.

Give yourself lots of agility perks.
Agility is an amazing stat, and agility perks are always a good choice to make the early game more bearable.

Do you wear armor? Shields?

Maniac sucks.

Should I play Maniac mode or not?

If you wanna be hardcore.

It's very RNG dependent and super unfun, so unless you're a masochist, really craving a "challenge", or a completionist, don't bother.

Maniac mode is the only truly hard difficulty since it removes the ability to outrun things with agility, hard to say if the game is balanced around that or not. MC feels like it is, plus doesn't though.

Yes.

Queen Fried dungeon theme on youtube fucking when

Am I the only who prefers Maniac Mode?

I was surprised to see that giant playlist of OWH music still had things missing and at the same time has dupe music.

>man these guardian guys rarely ever appear, some poaching shouldn't be a big problem
>+2 will and cha later
>they're fucking everywhere and too fast to outrun

The more I look at it, the more I enjoy this awoo butt.

They're also terrible quality uploads. OWH/OWH+ OST batch never ever.

You can easily extract them from the game it self using a tool in the Wolf RPG editor.

The majority of them are Midis of course and the game does not use the default windows soundfont but the player that's inside the music archive uses the right one.

Maniac just seems impossible on some world combinations, like the ones that just make enemies stronger.

Maniac is basically impossible in worlds that start in desert.

>Wolf RPG editor

Isn't that completely in Japanese?

what is this game? can I make a character? I downloaded the demo but I played as some anime dude

It is normally yeah but there is a translated version: dropbox.com/s/c7gwr2x2j2y9rqx/WolfEditorENG.zip

Either way, what you want to use is the arc_conv.exe which doesnt even say a single word. Point it to the BGM.wolf in the plus folder and tada.

Rougelike, you can't make your own character but there are plenty of classes with different appearances.

How do you befriend the Demon Lord? The guide on the wiki is a bit weird.

...It explains it quite clearly?

Simply put, damage the wall and then use a buddy tablet on the Demon lord.

In OWH+, I tried fighting the wall and and got insta-killed by the huge beam. When I tried again, I avoided the beam but died to the enemies it spawned.

Do you have any tips on fighting it like what class, perks, and weapons I should use?
Also, how does recruiting the demon lord and getting their epilogue work if killing the wall ends the run?

Spears work well. Put a lot of "sharp" and "quality" effects on it and make sure you have a lot of STR for more damage.

Use Demon Lord's coat to turn the beams damage to nothing.

>Have a good run
>Get killed by bullshit
Every time

The wall goes dormant again after a period of time. You just need to outlast the attacks until it does.

The wall times out after a certain number of turns, and then you can recruit the demon lord.

You need to be fairly far in KM to deal with the wall or have lots of awakenings and a good lance to just kill it in one go. You should also have fire resistant armor and high attack so you can fend off the knights, otherwise it's not super hard. Easiest way to beat it is honestly is just a hero/swordmaster with a lance/bow.

Actually I may be confusing that with something else, whatever the fire resist armor is.

>Been playing MC since steam release

>Still have not even SEEN coco or muddy

Demon Lord's Coat has 30% fire resist, adding Fireproof to it makes it pretty much nullify all fire attacks

Hunter C is my waifu

Make sure your level is high enough so you deal enough damage. If you see "The Dark Dragon takes a deep breath" or whatever, IMMEDIATELY start moving up or down the screen so you can avoid the beam. If you do that you'll never get hit by the beam.

However, the beam sometimes spawns strong enemies, and the longer the fight drags on the more enemies it spawns, so again make sure you have good enough DPS to fight it.

I recommend using a bow purely because it has higher range and you don't have to stand right next to the darkness to hit it.

I think what I was thinking of was Udine Cloak which has high ass Fire Resist already.

You don't have to wait for the wall to "time out". All you have to do is hit the darkness and awaken the dragon, use the buddy tablets on the Demon Lord, then attack the darkness and deal some damage to it. Then talk to the Demon Lord and there's an option to recruit for 3 charisma, as long as your party's not full.

Which perks are good for a Bard in OWH+?

I saw them consistently in a Baldur event campaign the other day on normal mode.
Lemmie check my records for the world.

wait wait so what version of this sohuld i play?

MAX PET

see

They should be in a dungeon in the middle of an ocean decently early on in normal mode. I'd check for you to make sure but I'm busy now, sorry.
Bring a class that can swim or force bridges/pegasus mists.

Thanks!

shit graphics my ass

MC's music is honestly nowhere near as good as OWH. OWH has a god-tier OST. Traps are a fine addition, they can only really kill you if you're already in a really bad situation.

Also OWH vanilla is completely free if you can into moon.

Reminder that MC now has a OWH Music Mod.

>Traps are a fine addition
No they aren't.

What is wrong with traps? They're easy to play around and you can even guarantee that you won't step on one if it's important enough that you don't.

Is mystery chronicle worth it ? or should i buy plus

Say goodbye to carrying anything flammable and "not on same tile" ally NPCs getting erased off by the couple of traps that outright kill anything that isn't the player.

Also sleep trap can happen anywhere in a way that you may die with a enemy close by, that trap should also be renamed to freeze considering you don't even get woken up if you get hit.

I just unlocked tourist boys. Let's see how far we can get as the Dan of OWH. I did a practice run to unlock type C.

FIRST REPLY DECIDES THIS SLUT'S NAME

>that fucking dragon

Get away from my waifu you little shit.

Dog Water

DogWater has just been summoned to the castle.

What perks/stats will she start with?

>say goodbye to carrying anything flammable
Yeah I'm going to stop carrying healing herbs and using ally recruitment abilities/items because they might get destroyed by a trap- oh wait.

The only thing you brought up that's even remotely problematic is the disabling one, and that's a problem because it's disabling, not because it's a trap.

All 5 fast darkness

Pyaa?

Uh huh let's pretend you didn't know I was talking about explosives and shit.

You could just, y'know, not carry them unless you have fire resistance.

I bet you support DCSS removing item destruction.

The only time traps are a legitimate threat are when you have to run from or fight close by enemies, as sleep traps will leave you no room for counterplay, and not having enough time to check for log traps could send you into bad terrain.

That said, being caught by almost any trap in almost any situation can be fixed with a teleport potion, armor scroll, ivy tentacle, or some other emergency consumable.
Also, carrying flammables was a stupid idea in OWH+ anyway, so that's basically a non issue.

Oh but certain traps OHKOing ally NPCs is dumb. I mean, they OHKO enemies as well, but that really kills the long term viability of pack horses and monster companions, which already needed a lot of effort to pull off anyway.

Our hero spent the last of her points repairing a really nice sword and can't afford to buy Fast Darkness. She'll be blind as a bat and clumsy instead.

cont.

hatetraps

"Cropping"

lovetraps

This name seems appropriate.

How fucked are we? Will we even be able to finish 500 pages of our journal?

walk in the park but keep running?

We're going to run from the demon lord until this journal is finished or die trying.

Should we collect any vault items for our journey?

Our hero was banned from the vault for being a normie.

What's in here?

I was going to say to grab the heaviest item you can carry but don't use, sell, throw, or drop it, but that's mean so just take whatever you want.

These guys look pretty strong. Should we fight? Flash our tits? Run?

Which is exactly why I said
>say goodbye to carrying anything flammable

Apparently you forgot fire resistance exists.

This world doesn't have many dungeon to explore.

This is more like it.

If this were a higher difficulty I'd be getting a boss harpy right now. Fuck volcanoes.

Do you have to time it so you hit the darkness when the Demon Lord shows up or he shows up if you hit the darkness?

You can recruit them anytime after you've damaged the darkness. The darkness can retreat, and you can still recruit them, as long as you damaged it.

Okay, then. Thanks.

That dungeon nearly killed DogWater.

Do we need this faggot's horse?

You can pick the Afternoon Stroll difficulty and accept the Force Knight quest so the Demon Lord never shows up.

It's a decent meatshield.

We found a merchant. Should we give him our shekels or continue farming the potted herb?

You're going to need that herb for the journal.

After completing her purchase, DogWater finds herself being mugged by strong enemies!

They seem to have already killed another innocent adventurer.

The tentacle weeds from the merchant helped us kill them with arrows.

This spooky ghost is selling medicine. How much should we spend?

I hope it wasn't important.

Even on the easiest difficulty many herbs are being used to heal through encounters.

Do we spend any levels or are statues for FUCKING CASUALS?

For tourist, yes, go ahead and use that level.

I'd say max life is a good pick.

We took max life and got some armor to replace our nearly broken vest.

Let's see how much of this dungeon we can clear before the darkness hits.

Since we don't have lockpicking we were only able to get a scroll of confusion after killing some skeleton knights. It should help during our escape from the demon lord.

This is going to be a long journey. Do we risk the wrath of the furfags for a few free levels?

No

Our horse is becoming STRONGER

Now that the packhorse can knock enemies away this should be pretty easy.

Wait, how do you get a naughty prefix?

CAN WE AVOID THE DEMON LORD FOR 1000KM?

YES

Restarting the campaign until the RNG gives the prefix to the companion. You have to be extremely lucky to get one naturally.

The demon lord is faster than us and is killing our horse.

He's dead Jim.

NOT ENOUGH AGILITY BOSS MAYBE THIS WAS A BAD IDEA

A mimic is also preventing us from using this vendor as bait.

>40 fucking pages

Running from the demon lord forever might actually be worse than reaching the end of the world on inhumane odyssey.

Maybe the king won't send a normal villager to save the world next time.

How many goddamn classes are there in Mystery Chronicle? I have 24 unlocked and I know there's at least 2 more I haven't found.

End of the World+ is something I only managed with Adventurer for free Shadow Bind. It's hard as fuck, because you have to avoid towns where they can kill the Demon Lord since they won't scale as fast, unless you want to die.

You guys have convinced me. Trying my very first run of OWH+ right now more or less completely blind. Wish me luck.

I've gotten all the endings and achievements on the non-Steam version, but I'm only able to do the really difficult ones with Hero and to a lesser extent Pirate since they have the highest combat stats.

There's 25 classes
Swordsman
Knight
Archer
Thief
Sorcerer
Adventurer
Half-Beast
Ranger
Pirate
Astrologist
Priest
Samurai
Brawler
Beast Hunter
Assassin
Gunner
Zombie
Queen
Dark Knight
Lord
One Way Hero
Dracon
Wrestler
Wanderer
Ultimate Student

You'll be fine unless you pick a high difficulty and get raped by boss monsters.

>OWH thread nears bump limit

This shit never happened before MC. What changed?

No Bard? That's pretty surprising. Is Queen the Bard's replacement?

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the Priest?

The goddess of time just asked if I wanted to save at the cost of levels. Does she know something I don't?

Also I killed a rabbit and got 5 levels and some text showed up that said the sin of hunting blah blah and it didn't show up in the log so I didn't catch it. What did I do?

I got priest after clearing it with Astrologist

And Queen is the bard replacement yeah

>Lewd Bunny's ghost
F

>no Frieda in Mystery Chronicle

>What did I do?
You killed a rabbit.

Prepare to die.