Horizon

>youtube.com/watch?v=8aMg3qs6PmM
>youtube.com/watch?v=yUR2tQUUY9I

Cam footage of random japs playing on the show floor, mostly exploring the world

Thoughts? GOTY? Worth a rental? Will it be the Witcher 3 of 2017? Better than Scalebound at least?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Fkg5UVTsKCE
youtube.com/watch?v=lmc21V-zBq0
youtube.com/watch?v=5a-em1lr2FU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks great.

>generic 3rd person open world action game no.893476
Yeah man, cool

See what the gameplay turns out to be I guess.

It could look amazing, then turn out to be bland or just a dumb collectathon or have no content.

It could look amazing and have really fun combat, lots to do and exporation could mean a shit.

Who knows.

Name 3 from the past year that you actually played.

Getting a huge Zelda and Witcher vibe from it so I think I'll pass.

I am looking forward to Gravity Rush 2 and The Last Guardian though.

generic 3rd person open world action game no.456773
generic 3rd person open world action game no.7654986
generic 3rd person open world action game no.568945

When is it coming out?

Horizon Zero Dawn/Initial release date
Image result for horizon release date
February 28, 2017

If it's like monster hunter but with an open world I'm fucking sold.

But it won't be will it. It'll be boring generic action game shit with Witcher 3 side quest drowning and collect flowers bullshit

Horizon: Zero Dawn is supposed to launch at February 28th.

And the new Zelda is coming with the Nintendo NX on March.

I'm really sorry for this board when March comes.

Killzone developers can't into gameplay

Expecting flashy visuals and nothing else

Nobody will be talking about Horizon by that point anyway.

>can't into gameplay

nigga what

>women can be robot dinosaur hunters too y'know!

can't wait to play a mary-sue character! thanks sony!

You underestimate soniggers.

You ever played Killzone?

It's one of the clunkiest FPS experiences out there

it honestly looks terrible

a bunch of empty nothingness in between missions

And that looting will become annoying

the world doesn't seem to be designed around the gameplay and neither are the enemies

The enemies are fantastical robot alien animal thingies and yet they behave like regular animals, like even the shititest nes games had better enemy design

so you have all of these arrows that you can't use organically only when the game lets you which means they end up beingl the same altogether

The hollywoodshit game directors or whoever want games to be movie like should kill themselves

incoming 4-5/10

what the fuck does can't into mean

nice edge

But its the truth its essentially a generic third person shooter with a bow

do you know how tedious that is?

There was a game i don't remember the name made by ubisoft it was about cowboys

theere were 1 billion enemies at every turn and the only weapons you had were a rifle that had 2 shots, a revolver that had 6 and a shotgun that had one

DO you know how tedious it was to reload every 2 seconds?

The game is neither strategic/realistic "cruhayzy" nor gimmicky like you can use arrows to modify terrain or other creative shit

Witcher got GOTY for doing the samething, with worse combat.

Kill yourself newfag

>female protag

Pass...

>follow the waypoint

Dropped.

Witcher 3 is fucking trash no one liked it

Once marketers left the game wasn't ever talked about ever again

In fact they got ultra lucky with TW2 since it came out during the time of bioware's shitstorm no one would even know it exist otherwise except the disappointed fans who had played the first one and hate it and 3

We all know awards ceremonies are fucking worthless

Its the same hsit with all the dark souls clones. Souls games are atrocious garbage but they sold because they became a meme, no one actually likes the games its all marketing and bandwagonning.

How many DS clones made it? None

you can't expect to copy the game and expect to receive something the game by itself didn't accomplish

look at the gay boy

found the faggot that likes to be the princess.

nice projecting

Him being a new aside, it is an old meme phrase that should have died long ago.

>get's caught, deploy projecting meme...

kys

>kys

go back to youtube

Looking forward to the model rip. That's about it.

>thoughts
>on a game that hasnt been released

You're one stupid retard. Game isnt that impressive except for maybe graphics.

Check out the 00:35 mark
With that pop in even the graphics arent impressive

wow a demo

How does a robot ecosystem even work?

Theyre robots. What's the issue?

big ginger bush

Looks like the Halestorm of vidya: too busy shouting about how rad it is, in an attempt to bury the omnipresent mediocrity emanating from it.

You should probably rethink getting The Last Guardian. From the demo at TGS people are saying it controls horribly and your companion bird dog is kind of an asshole who doesn't listen to you.

I mean the controls are to be expected, since its Team Ico. But an insolent bird dog could be to pad out the game, so it takes longer to complete portions. That sounds pretty bad.

That's not an excuse for pop in that close to the camera. Hell I'm actually mildly optimistic about the game but don't blindly deny flaws in it.

Stop trying to fit in so much you cringe worthy faggot. It's not cool to shit on top of everything, if you're too smart for enjoy video games then just fuck off, nobody wants your ''everything is shit'' opinion.

They eat and reproduce, right? What's the food chain like? What do the herbivores eat? Who the fuck paints their exteriors?

Honestly I can't imagine it being any fun for more than like 4 or 5 hours.

fuck off

No.

>More overhyped, overproduced, overmarketed AAA trash
It'll be GOTY if that's the only game you play

They said they have intentionally shrouded everything about the robot ecology in mystery but also sates that is literally will ''make sense'', there is no fantasy or magic elements, its based in science.

>I'm 10 years old: The post.

man I hate HATE this character design

you'd think, considering they hunt this dumbass robot dinosaurs, that they'd have plate armor but no she has fur armor so she can look more like ygritte from game of thrones

>inb4 shills
literally fuck off sony shills

>but also sates that is literally will ''make sense'', there is no fantasy or magic elements, its based in science.
Oh man I can't wait for the bastardization of physics and robotics that is due to arrive when this game releases.

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
AND YOU'RE TO BLAME
THE PS4
HAS NO GAMES

yes

I'll pass unless they cut down on her dumbass dialog every 5 seconds and maybe add an unlockable bikini outfit.

It was simply added in for the demo and not apart of the final games, they've went over this before.

>second video
>guy almost exclusively uses fire arrows
>plays for 10 fucking minutes
>doesn't notice that fire arrows are clearly only meant to be used to apply the DoT and that their actual damage is pretty shit
>still fires them like regular arrows, even when the robot is already on fire

I cannot even comprehend this level of ignorance

They don't eat exactly the tall giraffe like creature are solar energy extractors that give energy to the rest of the "herd"
The deer like creatures seem to extract minerals from the ground which are those green things on their back. Could be just grass or could be grass and other minerals from the ground not really clear yet.
The others in the "herd" act as guardians for the "herbivores" with the small quick robots acting as scouts to spot potential danger and the big t rex bots acting as a muscle to either kill or scare the threat away.
Its not clear on how they "reproduce" but there isn't any reason to think that they don't have a robot that repairs or makes other robots in the herd.

That's a relief. What a dumbass addition, though.

Still not a fan of the outfit.

blame focus testing. And yeah I'm not a big fan of the outfit either, her new one which shows her tummy looks a little better though. I would've much preffered robot infused gear but they didn't go for it. I think she gets a robot hat though at some stage

because a robot ecosystem is a totally realistic concept right?

Right. It's retarded from the get go, trying to go "but it's based on science" is a dumb consolation. UNLESS they got an expert to write up how it could be plausible like EA did with Tiberium but I doubt that.

It looks amazing, but I have zero fucking faith in Guerilla. Killzone(s), although gorgeous were boring as fuck with terrible characters, pacing, and story. But, if you judged the Killzone franchise by the bits and pieces shown leading up to the releases, it would be GOTY material. If Guerilla can get there shit together and deliver a game that's actually on par with it's pre-release presentation, than it'll probably be fantastic. Or else it's Killzone "gorgeous, but forgettable" all over again.

My dudes, I could come up with a believable robot ecology right off the top of my fucking head. It's not even that hard if you give a damn about physics.

Wait, so they don't hunt one another? They are all part of one super organism?

Looks kindof neat, get the impression the combat will get repetitive though, they used the same approach for every enemy and it worked, just circle strafe and shoot them till they die.

It looks visually impressive, and Id have liked a character editor to play around with those models, and its not because you play as a fucking woman, I really dont like the characters appearance and the other characters from what weve seen look way more like the kind of thing I want my future caveman to look like.

This would actually sate my autism. I would love it so much if they made it believable. I'm flabbergasted why this doesn't matter to more people. I guess that's why it is autism.

>I could come up with a believable robot ecology right off the top of my fucking head
do it then faggot

>Looks kindof neat, get the impression the combat will get repetitive though
That's because they've only really shown a bow and a knife. If that's all the game has got then yeah, it will get old quick.

That's still unclear but some of them are definitely part of a herd based on what we've seen. There also seems to be robots that operate outside of herds though like the crabs with loot on their backs the antlered horse ones and the one that went hay wire and attacked a village.

the fact this kid just typed this all out is autistic as fuck

you can tell that this kid is new and not baiting

Solar powered nanopastures grow and dig into the Earth's crust to extract minerals or the rusting remains of dead robo dinos. Herbivore robo dinos eat the "plant" machines and carnivores eat the herbivores.

Energy for the dinos is an issue. Maybe the "plants" produce a fuel source from sunlight similar to how organic plants create sugars, but I don't see those machine plants everywhere for those herbivores to constantly eat. That means they might actually eat organic biomass for fuel. That or maybe they don't use sunlight and the whole ecosystem is powered by some ridiculously advanced form of cold nuclear fusion or micro nuclear fusion.

Or maybe the machine planets extract fissile material and run off that. Seems unsustainable though.

Or this mother fucker could be right and it's not an ecology so much as a single super organism.

Metal gear V
Witcher 3
The division
The only ones that come to mind when we're talking 3rd person but there is a shit ton of open world 1st person games which are pretty much the same shit that have come out in the past 2 years.
Open world is a fucking meme, it doesn't matter what theme you put it in.
Defending shit like this is just embarrassing and you shouldn't be proud of your vidya taste user

MGSV was fine

Witcher 3 was overrated.

It looks like 3rd person Far Cry 3 with robots. From what they've shown of the game I have low expectations and no interest in it. Just seems kind of generic

I'm basing it off the 2015 trailer so maybe they decided to change it since then
youtu.be/Fkg5UVTsKCE
She calls the group of bots a herd.
The watcher seems to be the scout.
And when she finallys gets the herd riled up the t rex appears.
I don't actually think its a super organism though. I think they are seperate robots working together since some of them seem to operate independently of each other. If it was a super organism connected together it would know that watcher was killed.

nope

>I don't actually think its a super organism though. I think they are seperate robots working together since some of them seem to operate independently of each other. If it was a super organism connected together it would know that watcher was killed.
A super organism isn't a single consciousness. Ants are a super organism. Bees are a super organism. Hell, humans civilization itself is a super organism to some degree. A super organism is generally just a group of individuals who serve the group before themselves and specialize.

MGS V was fine, yes, but still no reason for it to have a been a 3rd person open world game.
Most of these games are pretty much copy/paste in my opinion.
You make a barren map.
Slap mindless sidequests around it.
Give it a generic story.
And you've got your money maker right there.
I have yet to see any ANY developer give this open world meme a significant twist.

You niggers are cynical as fuck. I am perfectly fine with being thrown into a big world and you can just explore/find shit on your own. Why do you need everything on rails handholding?

Has there been confirmation on natural day/night cycle in Horizon yet?

I was hyped but it loojs empty like all open world meme games.

looks*

I really hope it ends up being fun

Guess I was wrong, my mistake.

That's the point of open world faggot. Explore and do side stuff. What else could you do to it.

Open world is good. You are just butthurt that someone was ragging on your favorite linear game as if open world games are the only good games.

>the tall giraffe like creature are solar energy extractors that give energy to the rest of the "herd"
Those tiny discs are far from sufficient for powering a herd of big heavy robo dinos.

Open world can be good, but most of the time its fetch quest and collectables in samey environments and this is what this looks like.

>people hate open world games
>shit on things like The Last of Us and Uncharted games
Is it simply because they are Sony? Be honest, because they arent bad games, speaking as an idort theyre actually some of the better games in regards to past gen. I want more focused worlds like those games, not open worlds full of nothing.

>Is it simply because they are Sony?
Yes.

>being thrown into a big world and you can just explore/find shit on your own
That's great but the majority of the time it isn't big and there's nothing to find and there's absolutely no reason to believe Guerrilla Games are going to stray from that format they basically pioneered.

If all those things are part of a single herd then what the actual fuck are they protecting against? Other herds? Humans surely aren't that significant of a threat.

>i need to be told what to do to have fun

Those fucked up water reflections though.

If this game has an item carry limit like witcher 3 then I won't buy it. Literally ruined the game for me

What remix of this: youtube.com/watch?v=lmc21V-zBq0
Are they blasting in the background??

Honestly most open world games don't really do it for me unless they have Prototype/Infamous levels of fun getting around the map really fast without needing a mount/vehicle to ride

Read what he said. Not "i dont know what to do" he said "it wont be big and there wont be shit to find" you fucking sperg.

Just and instrumental version is it not?
youtube.com/watch?v=5a-em1lr2FU

what about the GAMEPLAY of Horizon looks good?

>make a woman the protag
>make her do 'guy's shit
>men lose their shit
>HEY THAT'S A MAN'S JOB!!! BAAAAAAAAAWWWW

You're just as bad as tumblr landwhales.

Why

Are You

Putting

These Spaces

Between

Your (You)

Sentences?

Are

You

Fucking

Stupid?

>fucking sperg.
Nigger come to my house. I'll fuck your ass so goddamn good you'll never think of pussy again you goddamn fucking queer ass.

>open world
>crafting
>"survival"

Are we still in the Open World age of vidya? Is it really that hard to make a regular, single player campaign?

The idea and aesthetics look interesting, not so sure about the semi-Monster Hunter fights, but that's about it

Yeah probably.
Man Woodkid has been getting around since Dying Light.

It won't be as good as Skyrim.

I like how they are trying to hide the shit draw distance with atmospheric fog.

Hey, that ironically looks pretty good, not just the graphics but like the game play and animations.

When an 'open world' works, it works, and it feels great. However, I realized I want less 'open world' and more seamless and open-ended levels.

>It's one of the clunkiest FPS experiences out there
You just feel heavy when you turn, I have no idea what you mean about clunky when cover works just fine, weapons feel extremely impactful, enemies feel like the bullets actually hurt them, and you run like you're wearing a bunch of armor.

Honestly, the only clunky thing is maybe the jumping, and they never expect you to do that anyway.

You miss the guy in the first video who stunned a robodeer and kept trying to pelt it with the stun stuff, and when he realized that's not going to work it already had the stun wear off?

I'm waiting for the game to show me the open world so I can stop being hyped for it. Open World is a blight on the industry. It requires high dev costs, makes bug testing more difficult, encourages lazy storytelling, artificially pads the play time, etc...

> seamless combination of action/stealth mechanics in an open world
> highly responsive interactions with enemies; damage indicated by wear and tear on robots, unique responses/animations for each of your individual attacks
> cool premise and open-world with ridiculous draw distance and visual beauty for any game of any kind

The game is going to be utterly fucking wicked and Cred Forums will complain because they will be too poor to play the game in the optimal format (PS4 Pro).

Open-world is ideal because that's what our brains evolved to interface with. Simple stuff.

You already saw it in those vids.