This game a meme?

This game a meme?
It looked kinda interesting. It's got shit reviews, but reviewers are ridiculous nowadays.

What did you guys think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySoOWz9TWgw
youtube.com/watch?v=cTNI39h4lpE
youtube.com/watch?v=X0QFsptbYVM
youtube.com/watch?v=gUH8NdieA1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The combat is absolute dog shit

Barebones hack slash gameplay
Awesome music
Very little lesbian overtones, you're better off reading fanfics if you want to get aroused

> awesome music

Good enough for me.

That's a shame. I looked like it had serviceable hack-and-slash :/

>if you want to get aroused
I wasn't. I was kinda hoping this was a sleeper title. Like Nier or Suda's games. Something that's really good, but not really popular or well-acclaimed.

What does meme mean anymore?

Hell if I know, user

It's just a buzzword nowadays

>very little lesbian overtones
I thought that was the whole point of the game

Good soundtrack and art direction. Pretty average in every other department.

6/10 is fair.

>music
Anybody have any examples of nice songs from the game?

Across a reasoanbly wide range of genres, too. The guitarist is clearly a big fan of Steve Lukather.

youtube.com/watch?v=ySoOWz9TWgw
youtube.com/watch?v=cTNI39h4lpE
youtube.com/watch?v=X0QFsptbYVM

Game becomes super fun when you unlock the Nightmare form and have a boomerang equipped. But that is post game stuff.

Mmm.... this is pretty great

>is this game a meme

well considering it isn't on PC, then no

It amused me.

Especially the cupcakes.

FONDLING HER CUPCAKES?!?!?!
FONDLING HER NUM-NUMS?!?!?!

In fact, I'm wondering why they didn't just serve her cupcakes to the Night Lord given what they can do to Servans.

Was rather disappointed that was not an optional ending.

I liked it. The familiar system is neat and reminds of that other game...Chaos of Legion or some shit? There's also a nice variety of familiars to choose from.

Biggest gripe would be the shitty endings (yes there's multiple and they're all shit) as well as the lack of Yuri. At least they kiss.

One of those endings also makes me question if Arnice or Lilysse are really all that heroic.

Still, they were interesting to me.

Heroic? I thought the point of the whole story was fuck the world, lesbians come first.

Capcom's Chaos Legion for the PS2, yeah. Gust were quite open about it being influential on NoA, alongside Castlevania: Curse of Darkness.

It's gone down a lot in price on amazon lately.
I might pick it up soon.

I got it and it felt like the game is not polished enough to put it politely. Combat is outdated and feels a bit unfinished. Maps are very small and simply designed etc.

I think it would be a good buy at 20 dollars, not what I paid for.

Lilysse's tits are fucking huge, they knew what they were doing with that maid outfit. And Arnice's thighs aren't making me any calmer.

This game has great music, great art direction, and average gameplay. The bosses really keep the gameplay from being a snoozefest even though they're all easy as shit.

Only on chapter 4 at the moment, so I dunno what's gonna happen from here on out.

>Maps are very small and simply designed etc.

Don't forget it's a Vita game ported to the PS4. See Digimon Cyber Sleuth, another PS4/Vita game with very simplistic dungeons/towns.

Soundtrack and setting is amazing. Especially the boss battles, hype as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=gUH8NdieA1U

Combat is too easy, until you reach the DLC dungeons, then it's crazy insane hard and you have to learn every nook and cranny of the battle system to beat it.

Very easy to platinum.

Play it on the PS4, the Vita suffers from terrible framerate and the jaggies.

Game unlocks all the endings for your viewing pleasure after you get the normal and true end. No bullshit save game shenanigans! I loved it. More games should do this.

Colosseum battles actually require more than just mindless hacking to get three stars and you're graded on a variety of things besides just time, such as the amount of damage you took and the number of times you did a perfect block. I appreciated that.
Too often, colosseum events in games only grade you on how fast you can clear it.

Gust's artists and audio personnel should've just worked with Team Ninja for the sequel :(

Does anyone have that edit when Arnice is leveling up and the two hands are on the sides of her face?

Thanks dude.

>if Arnice or Lilysse are really all that heroic.
They never were portrayed as heroic, that much is obvious to me. Arnice only cared about her job and Lilysse, and Lilysse... I don't think there's much going on in her head besides cupcakes, Arnice, and waitressing at the hotel.

Eh, it was an okay game. People hate on it only because they feel like they paid $60 for a $20 game. If you can get it cheap, definitely give it a shot.

Anyone find some of the forms Arnice has a bit odd?

The bunny one seemed slightly out of place compared to the others to me.

It was amusing.
I only ever used the flame demon and Nightmare Queen forms anyway.

They're all pretty weird, but sexy as hell.

It was one of them I remember looking a bit like a Kantai Collection enemy ship.

>still 30 bucks on eBay, Amazon, or GameStop used
Hurts, f a m

The Vita version runs terribly, though. As in, 360p sub20fps terrible.

Game is a little tedious and kinda boring. It's too easy until you get to the ending boss... then from there to post game and the true ending it actually become a challenge.

Good fanservice and nice looking boobie girls that are lesbians. It's a decent attempt at their first hack and slash ever from Gust.

The male side characters were funny too.

I thought Arnice slapping that professor around was funny.

Especially when he made the suggestion to make Lilyesse the focus of his studies.

And the running gag with Lloyd.

Sorry for Vita quality, it's all I have.

I really like the game when I want a brainless beatum up. Characters are cute. The combat is not "bad" just super repetitive. It's smooth, responsive and satisfying, but there is no variation.

I suspected one or both of them were traitors at one point.

The character interactions made the game.
Sadly we didn't find out much about both Lloyd and Arukado.

I'm enjoying it enough. The combat's okay, though cutting through generic mooks just feels like a chore at times. Boss battles are decent.

The relationship between Arnice and Lilysse is pretty fucking gay, too. I say this as someone who's browsed /u/ for long enough to know the difference between wishful thinking and actual, empirical evidence of lesbotronic intentions. Though they don't explicitly declare their love to be romantic, they literally could not be gayer even if every conversation between them ended in on-screen cunnilingus.

They were alright initially, but I got tired of their gag pretty quick.

Anyone else extremely amused by the random lines the Servans spout from time to time?

I fucking love the wood golem. Everything he says is great, the localization team did good work there.

The fey and doll servans are kind of annoying though

I want to go back and see what the floating bombs have to say now.

>Allahu ackbar
I played the Japanese version and they mostly say that they can't wait to self destruct.

Will Cred Forums buy the sequel?

I hope they take Lilyesse's cooking with them when they do.

Cred Forums, probably not.
I will, though. Going to preorder the $200 premium box when I get my next pay. Hopefully it doesn't go out of stock.

yeah

I'm a sucker for /u/ games in general but the first one's not half bad so I have hope for the sequel.

But it's hardly even /u/

Nigga they in love