>"This game is bad."
Why?
>"Because of the fanbase."

What's her name, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBhFHJMVfiI
youtube.com/watch?v=VTaOzFVZIIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

every popular game has a terrible fanbase.

I love both Undertale and Steven Universe but I will never be able to discuss either without getting shit

>This game is bad

Why?

>because X, Y and Z are shit

Ok, but explain why?

>arguments ends

What's the game?

Pokemon

mother series

Undertale
Adventure Quest Worlds whatever the fuck it's called
Transformice
Dark Souls?
Sonic? Seems more tame than it used to be.

Chicken Smoothie
Animal Jam

Undertale is the best example.

>tumblr likes it so it must be shit and full of memes and gay shoehorning
>no i haven't played it, i don't need to, i already know it's bad

all of them
welcome to Cred Forums where noone is actually smart enough to explain why they like or dislike something

>can only have good Dark Souls threads every once in a blue moon since all the autists are triggered by any mention of it

Sometimes an anti-fanbase can be worse.

holy fuck, kill yourself shiggy diggy

League of Legends

Actually My Little Pony is the best example

OP didn't say show.

Countermeme: GO

And they're absolutely right. A multiplayer game with a shitty community will make the game shitty.

MLP isn't good.
>B-but pre-Twicorn!
Watch something else that isn't a commercial for girls.

Undertale is a bad game, even when you look past the fanbase.
The only thing it has going for it is its godly OST.

What's bad about it?

>Undertale is a bad game

Why?

it is though.

it looks like shit
gameplay is shit
only hipster 8 bit loving fucks like it.

Sonic
Undertale
FNAF

When someone asks why, they ask for a reason, not for more confirmation.

Fuck off you whiny faggot, there's plenty of DS trash threads here, some of them stating straight up "why was Dark Souls so good?" (I think there's one in the catalog right now).
>Triggered by any mention of it.
Sounds more like Skyrim to me

wtf i hate undertale now

The gameplay isn't good. While the mix between a shoot-em-up and an RPG is a unique idea, it's very utilized in both categories.
The shoot-em-up sections are only entertaining during Omega Flowey, Genocide Undyne, and Genocide Sans. Also, the game is barely an RPG, at least, in the general sense. Either route is either "kill everything" or "kill nothing".
The game looks terrible, even for Game Maker standards. Enough said.
The characters aren't likable, and the story isn't good. While this may come down to personal opinion, I found the story to be nothing super interesting and have a number of plotholes (mainly involving Chara). Also, none of the characters interested me either, other than pic related.

If it's not an online or multiplayer game then who fucking cares about the fanbase because it doesn't even affect you

Do you idiots need all your opinions validated here?

It looks like shit, sure.

I kind of like the gameplay mechanic though. Feels different.

Whatever, dude. Take your (You) if you're gonna bait.

you literally did exactly what he said you whiny bitch lol

I seriously can't understand people who define things by their fanbase

normalfags and children

>it's very utilized in both categories
Fuck me
I meant not very utilized

What the hell is Chicken Smoothie

why are you so fucking mad user? It's just video games calm down

Good job on literally proving his point

It runs at 30 FPS even though it looks like a NES game. I think Game Maker might be to blame for that one though.

What is any moba?

any mmo

eliteists and "hey get on vent bro"

I don't want to hear your shitty dubstep music, dog barking, child screaming, wife bitching. it's not funny and you don't need voice chat to function on MMOs

Meanwhile 99% of endgame groups require vent

Not the same user, but
>unimpressive overworld
>easy difficulty, except for Undying and Sans
>repetitive grinding just to get to the best parts of the game (genocide)
>story, and maybe the creator, is pretentious about "muh killing in RPGS"
>gameplay could have been better
>story was good, just not great as people make it out to be
>internet references often occur

The game isn't bad. It was okay.

Souls games. Not only do you interact directly with the fanbase in-game but they leave their fucking meme notes like piles of bird shit everywhere.

>game is bad
>why?
>give reasons
>NUH HUH YOU ARE JUST Cred Forums/REDDIT

Looks like a lame Neopets clone. Their fanbase contains annoying children that keep making shitty threads in a forum I moderate.

>kill everything or kill nothing
what is Dishonored

Undertale and Pokémon

>there are hipsters ITT who like Memetale and cry "wahhh you hate it cause its popular" then turn around and hate on popular games Like Call of Duty

>this game is bad
>why?
ESS JAY DUBYAS AND NIGGERS REEEEE WE WUZ -insert thing related to game here- REEEEEEE

multiplayer games can have shitty fanbases that make the games themselves painful to play
e.g. csgo, dota

I wouldn't openly admit to having enjoyed something like the minecraft alpha or undertale because I don't want to be conflated with the autistic rage festival surrounding those games

what's so difficult to understand?

Sonic

I have friends that don't even use the internet for gaming related outlets and even they know Sonic fans are Sonic fans

Fucking retards kill yourselves this isn't a Dark souls thread. Worthless cunts think everything revolves around their shitty weeb grimdark trash .

Not that poster, I agree on a lot of things but I think "terrible" is being too harsh. And what the game is good at is story telling. The story itself is shit, but the way it's told is pretty decent, especially compared to most modern games. It has a few failings at this such as locking you in place, but that's common in games anyway.

See you are already bringing Cred Forums in this

>every game has a terrible fanbase.

Ftfy

Call of Duty is a well made console FPS.

None of them are outright bad, the gameplay is too solid.

I was making fun of Cred Forums. why are you mad?

I like the Mario RPG series, but the fanbase are quite cancerous, especially the Paper Mario fans.

>those same retards then proceed to pre-order Overwatch: The ultimate fuckboi edition, and the cycle continues

Spec Ops The Line, sort of

It's nothing more than a mediocre at best cover shooter with some alright story bits but the fanbase is deluded and thinks it's this "GAME THAT MAKES YOU THINK"

>YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DUMP PHOSPHOROUS ON CIVILIANS YOU COULD HAVE JUST SHUT THE GAME OFF
Then again it's no worse than the load screens constantly saying "HEY REMEMBER WHEN YOU DUMPED PHOSPHOROUS ON CIVILIANS YOU'RE A SHITTY PERSON AREN'T YOU"

Because you proved my point

I don't think the game was terrible, and I never said it was.
It has some great redeeming qualities (OST is absolutely stellar, genocide Undyne + Sans are incredibly fun fights).

I don't really think the storytelling was anything good, but I can see why people liked it.
For anyone who liked the storytelling, I think the moment when youtube.com/watch?v=EBhFHJMVfiI started playing would've probably hit hard.
However, I just think that the bad definitely outweighs the good when it comes to Undertale.

>anyone makes a joke a Cred Forums's expense
>WHY ARE YOU MENTIONING Cred Forums REEEEEE
Proved mine too. stay mad.

Why do you think i care about Cred Forums its just you retards deflecting every criticism to being Cred Forums or reddit

As I'm sure you all know fan is short for fanatic. This implies that any base of fans will be intolerable to people that are just observing from the outside or only have a mild interest in the subject.

I can't say I've ever encountered a game that I would consider bad because of its fans but I certainly have avoided a few games and refuse to talk about things because of the discourse I've witnessed in threads about said ip.

Any game with more than 10,000 concurrent players.

It's funny that Cred Forums feels so strongly about certain fanbases when many of the worst fanbases in gaming congregate specifically on Cred Forums. Fromdrones and Kojimafags make up the majority of this board, two of the most autistic communities in the industry. Btw I just finished Undertale for the first time, I couldn't believe how fucking good it was. I cried at the end

>haha guiz these other fanbases are bad not my fanbase xD

>this game is bad
>why
>people like or dislike the dev/creator

i love FromSoft games, that doesnt mean i cant recognize that community as pure concentrated autism

the example I made was what someone actually from Cred Forums would do, not deflecting. why are you so mad that I slurred Cred Forums?

Personally if a game had the Shoot Em Up dodging and didn't have the pacifist stuff, I'd love that

The only game I can think of off hand that has that kind of interactive dodging is the Mario and Luigi RPGs, but those are just press jump or hammer to avoid attacks.

Dark Souls
Path of Exile
most MMORPGs
all MOBAs

>Im different because i dont care

>Fromdrones
You mean Blizzard's Legion™ of man children. There isn't enough circlejerk for Souls games and Armored core. Dark Souls 2 kinda shit the bed as far as it being an autistically overbearing thing on Cred Forums

Undertale fanbase is 10x worse

I've always like those dodge than the block mechanic in Paper Mario RPGs

Same
Feels easier and more involved, plus the attacks look flashier

what does this even mean
thats debatable, but irrelevant to my point. what im saying is that the Cred Forumsirgins who hate Undertale because it has an autistic fanbase are the same Cred Forumsirgins who loves Dark Souls and Metal Gear Rising, games that also have autistic fanbases. im saying that the fanbase shouldnt be relevant to whether you like a game or not.

>Cred Forumsirgins who hate Undertale because it has an autistic fanbase are the same Cred Forumsirgins who loves Dark Souls and Metal Gear Rising, games that also have autistic fanbases.

Difference is Dark Souls is a influencial game that defined the generation and other developers are taking notes while Undertale is visually unappealing that poorly copies games from 20 years ago

Kingdom Hearts pre-2010

>difference is I like Dark Souls and I don't like Undertale

With a fanbase as terrible as Undertale's, I don't even need to play it to know it's terrible.

Undertale somehow gained traction on tumblr not by design and just took off but SU is blatantly SJW propaganda

Touhou. It's in such a bad shape where the topics about it on Cred Forums and /jp/ are actually the better parts of it.

Sonic franchise

MLP>anything else>shit=SU

neo-Cred Forums in a nutshell. posts like this physically hurt to read

No like I said one is influencial and the other is not

>Either route is either "kill everything" or "kill nothing".
There's 9 endings in the neutral playthroughs.

steven universe its bad on his own since season 2.

Did you need to watch MLP to know it's bad?

Of course not. The same thing applies here.

Most of the games I like dont even have visible fanbases...

SHIT=Anime > furfags > SU > MLP > people that use the word "niche" to justify their shit taste.

>9 endings
>all of those endings amount to Sans saying something and that's it, not much of an ending. Plus the neutral boss remains the same.

My favorite part about saying I disliked a game on Cred Forums is having autists who don't understand the concept of opinions asking me to prove that I played the game, and then telling me to provide objective, factual proof that the game is bad.

Because god fucking forbid someone dislike something you like, that person must be baiting just to annoy you.

>tfw watch new mlp episode before playing video games for the entirety of saturday

rofl

I don't watch MLP because it's about cartoon horses being friends, which is something I don't particularly care about. The autistic Bronies are not what's stopping me from checking out MLP, it's my own lack of interest in it. How can either of know that it's actually bad when neither of us have ever watched it?

More importantly though, do you seriously not see the problem in letting your tastes be defined by who associates with certain tastes? What if your favorite game suddenly develops an autistic fanbase comparable to MLP or Sonic the Hedgehog? Are you going to let that stop you from enjoying your favorite game? You're just going to drop it because it might be some sperglord's favorite game too? That's fucking ridiculous. You'll never be able to enjoy anything with that mindset because everything has unbearable fans.

>Don't form an opinion of your own by actually experiencing a thing, simply hate it because I say so

But the mother series has no fanbase, what are you talking about, user?

I don't like Undertale because it's about cartoon furries, which is something I don't particularly care about. The autistic Undertale fans are not what's stopping me from checking out Undertale, it's my own lack of interest. How can either of know that it's actually bad when neither of us have ever played it?

Kirby

I know many people who don't want to touch it because some of its fans are horrible

>I don't like Undertale because it's about cartoon furries, which is something I don't particularly care about. The autistic Undertale fans are not what's stopping me from checking out Undertale, it's my own lack of interest
Except this isn't anything close to what you originally said. You said you know it's bad because of the fanbase associated with it, literally the exact opposite of this.

Any ASSFAGGOTS. Any F2P game. Any popular shooter. Any popular fighting game. Undertale. Sanic.

MLP fanbase is atrocious. Furfags are even worse.

I thought MLP the show itself wasn't even bad but i'd never want to associate with it or ever claim that I liked it to anyone in person ever just because I believe that every brony should be launched into the sun in rocket ships. Send the furfags with them also.

Looks like I've won this argument, dumb Undertalefag.

Overwatch.

Not because they act like faggots on Tumblr or anything even though they do but because they keep shitting up my ranked games.

if you were baiting this whole time then i rate it 9.5/10 for wasting about 20 minutes for me. if not then im so sorry about your mental condition

Mario Maker

This. The most Reddit game.
youtube.com/watch?v=VTaOzFVZIIY

Nothing wrong with Reddit faggot

said the dung beetle about the shit he was about to roll up

>Game comes out
>Cred Forums loves it
>Game gets popular elsewhere on the internet
>Cred Forums pretends they never liked it

What are you talking about? There definitely weren't tons of Undertale threads when it was first released back in September of last year. No way.

Moat normal people would understand what you meant and that people make mistakes while typing but this is v so...

Stop using le shit eatting metaphor meme

Here's your reply.

Stop eating shit.

I can relate

Fallout series

Anti-fans are worse than people who like it.

Life is Strange.

Why should I stop browsing Cred Forums, its shit so what

Souls
Fire Emblem

Only Bethesda drones, fallout threads about 1&2 and/or New Vegas are pretty comfy till one of those faggots comes into the thread and starts "defending" Bethesda by using tu quoque or the eternal butthurts that points to the /vg/ thread, because he doesn't want people to enjoy things they don't like

Smash bros.

I actually have a copy.

Played about 20-25 minutes.

Fun.

But not fun enough.

Metroid.

Do people unironically think this is a good song or something

Lulu, Poppy, Lux, Diana?, ???