I'm curious to know why people say "git gud"? Why is that even a meme...

I'm curious to know why people say "git gud"? Why is that even a meme? Do you losers on Cred Forums realize that not everyone is a fat fuck that obsesses over video games 24/7, therefor does not have the same intellectual ability to be as good at a game at you are. Put that shit on your resume. I dare you.

git gud wagecuck

not every game has to be for every person

>Work is my life

Git gud at existance

>I'm curious to know why people say "git gud"?
Me too.
Since when was fucking Dark Souls hard?
Seriously, why did this board pretend the game was difficult at all?

It was a normal meme at first, then everyone who didn't like Dark Souls was harrassed by the fans saying that the reason they don't like the game is just because they're bad at it. Yeah, it sucks.
Prime example.
Yes, some people don't understand/accept that.

Or you know... You could just git gud

It's more of a mockery to the people who treats the Souls games like they were the fucking NES Ninja Gaiden titles. The Souls games aren't even hard.

t. Wagecuck with barely free time here. I cleared DaS, DaS2, DaS2SOTF and Da3 without summons and I'm absolute shit at videogames.

I saw a cute dog today.

Here's my whole thing about Dark Souls. Either you're good at it, exceptional at it, or terrible at it. You shouldn't be judged for not being good at it, but don't complain about it being hard. Just don't play it. Simple.

>I don't play video games 24/7
And you don't have to for dark souls, Robert. Just be patient and try not getting fucking hit by slow ass telegraphed attacks you fucking casual.

I regret helping you beat Drake and Josh because now you are just going to get your shit pushed in by the Lord soul squad and complain that they're cheap. Git fucking gud

"git gud" means far more than overcoming the initial difficulty shock after being accustomed to your babby game

it also means that this is a game that you enjoy completely, by taking it seriously and exploring it fully, its not a corridor/realism/plot half-life-remake #1514

the speaker is trying to remind you to play games for the right reasons, and also to fuck off if you aren't capable of doing that, because 'having fun' isnt something that can be taught by a guide

Because fucking retards like you suck at the game and complain "ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY" when you can get good at it even if you're not a god damn neet.
It's a term for marginalizing annoying cunts.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of a true autistic, triggered little kid. Doesn't Cred Forums have rules against those under 18?

>get btfo
>heh, I'll just call him autistic, that'll show him
I stated facts, you're the one spouting memes.

Just report him and mods will probably ban him

Someone sounds booty blasted.

>reporting someone who isn't breaking any rules
Sounds like a good way to get yourself a few days off of Cred Forums.

But that's the point, like here, no one is complaining about how hard it is, but Dark Souls fans tend to somehow think that when someone is not saying something good about the series, they're saying it's too hard. Here's a good example, actually: OP asked when and how "git gud" became a meme and here we have:
>Either you're good at it, exceptional at it, or terrible at it. You shouldn't be judged for not being good at it, but don't complain about it being hard. Just don't play it. Simple.
or:No one was talking about its difficulty or about the game itself, we were talking about the "git gud" meme. See?

I work 14 hours a day and love Dark Souls. I'm pretty good, also.
git gud fgt

Stop same fagging, you freak. We get it, you're upset.

How about you fuck me user? Why do I want you to fuck me so bad?

If you can't git gud then play a different game. Stop being such a whiny cunt m8

Okay, seriously. Enough is enough. You're scaring me.

Keep crying samefag you're only making me harder

t. person that got demolished in Soulsborne

Because Dark Souls isn't even very difficult, it just has a big learning curve and beyond telling you exactly how to do everything, thus ruining the experience, the meme response that actually has truth to it is "git gud"

What breed?

wtf does "t." mean and why is this now a shitty meme

Is this polygon?

>now

lurk more, newfag

how is souls even hard? the game even has iframes for fucks sake

Been here since like 2006 faggot, sorry I'm not here every day especially since it's only been going on a week

It took me around 40 hours to actually get good at it and I consider my reflexes better than average. It's not a difficult game but it is tricky for people who never played something similar.

I completed the three games and still can't parry for shit.

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this weakling No, I'm a Conqueror.

use the target shield, caestus, parrying dagger, etc. and then move on to whatever you want

You have succumbed to madness.

Should I buy DS1 even though I don't have a pad and would be playing with KB+M?

I loved it on PS3 and it'd be neat to experience blight town with a stable framerate.

its going to be rough without a pad, heard people did just fine with KB+M but i'd still recommend a pad. a wired 360 controller should work and they arent too expensive anymore

That is the inevitable fate of all shills