>ok cool
>Metal Gear Rising
>ok cool
>Metal Gear Survive
>FRANCHISE RUINED

explain this

>good spinoff with new assets
>good spinoff with new assets
>shit uninspired zombie spinoff with recycled MGS5 assets down to carbon copy of Afghanistan map

>people have a problem with a blatant cash grab

>lets fire the creator of the series and make the first game after he left a generic zombie surival game that sure wont piss people off

MGS Acid and MGR didn't reuse assests. Surive copy/pasted Venom's walking animation into Survive. It's so shameless.

Is Shinta Nojiri still even at Konami?

>Cred Forums likes MGS VR mission and MGS3 substance when they are blatant cash grabs

>expansion is the same as a new game

>Metal Gear Acid
>ok cool

Portable Ops happened because of the hate that game got for not being a proper MGS title

Metal Gear Acid had several Snakes in it, and revolved around terrorists, NWO, and cloning. Its got the bones of a Metal Gear story, and serves as a really great follow up (even if non canon) to the events of MGS4.

Metal Gear Survive is a zombie game with no snakes.

Metal Gear Revengance had no snakes

VR missions was just a collection of the extra stuff the europeans got for having to wait to it to be released there and Subsistence added stuff including the first iteration of MGO and the first 2 MG games

Raiden is a snake. Not a genetic snake, but he was codenamed Snake and worked with Solid.

Raiden is. Play 2

Because the spotlight was on Konami to see what they will do after Kojima.
They go right out the gate with a cashgrab and a Pachinko remake.
Protip. Hate is rarely unjustified.

People hated acid because it was a card game and they still hated it because it was shit.
People hated Rising because it wasn't penned by the literary master Kojima, then people realized it had a coherent plot and great gameplay and love it now.

Better comparison is Portable Ops +. That didn't even use a Kojima game as a base and had zero new assets, but no one said anything about it.

Nobody cared about Acid. There wasn't enough of a fanbase to loudly refute the apathy for it, which is why you mistake it for acceptance.

people had patience for MGS as a series. it's worn itself out.

>"""""""""""""""""""""expansion"""""""""""""""""""""
ok marketer.

Explain how its not

>not going to be full retail price
>uses MGSV as a base
>huge V in the title

Were Crysis Warhead and FEAR Extraction Point full games now too?

Think whatever the hell you want, in the end (just like with Donte) people will vote with their money.

Rising and Ac!d didn't follow the most controversial release of the series and the even more controversial firing of the director
Surfife is Konami's chance to show that they can keep Metal Gear great without Kojima, and they make it a meme greenlight game

>"""""""""""""""""""""expansion"""""""""""""""""""""

zombie

unicorns

zombiecorns.

>Donte
Bad comparison, man. The Definitive Edition had great gameplay and a style/difficulty option.

People are butthurt that an incredible game director gave them 6 awesome games over 20 years and then left a company.

Hope that helps.

>incredible game director gave them 6 awesome games
Lol

Objectively speaking, he made 6, million seller games that were all highly reviewed.

If you don't like them that's cool I guess.

I think in the beginning of the plant chapter Raiden in fact says "This is Snake." Then the colonel says something like "From now on, use the codename 'Raiden'"

>6
Hmm.

>Metal Gear
>Metal Gear 2
>MGS
>MGS 2
>MGS 3

What's the sixth?

MGS1-5 and Peacewalker. All sold well. All highly reviewed.

If you didn't like some of em. Cool. You're entitled to your opinion of course.

Because it's coming immediately after a messy split with the face of the game series. It's literally the stupedest move possible for the franchise to take after that. Zombies and reused assets.

Thats not objectively speaking, thats financially speaking

acid was shit
you forgot opertable ops which was also shit

-____-'

Explain this

>mfw Acid was the only MGS I liked

TPP only sold well because it had a great prequel and amazing trailers.

Objective is fact-based and measurable.

Things like sales or aggregate review scores.

I'm not going to argue with you about your opinion on which games you thought were good or bad because I'm not a moron.

I will still never understand why people are OK with Non-Mikami Resident Evil, but lose their shit over Non-Kojima Metal Gear.

Alternate universe time travel bullshit

that's what i mean acid is way too different to the rest of the mgs game

you ether like acid and hate the rest or like the rest and hate acid or you like all of them

>time travel bullshit
Oh so your head canon? Ok.

>TPP only sold well because it had a great prequel and amazing trailers.

Dude this is bullshit. I know you didn't get the ending you wanted or whatever, but it's been a year. Time to let it go.

Enjoy the game for what it is. You'll be a lot happier.

>objectively

Here's the thing, you're using the word "objectively" to subjectively hate on a game series you personally don't like. Financial success and critical acclaim are the only """"""objective"""""" measures of game success.

retard

big

meaty

bigmeat

The DD sending shit 9 years into the past counts as time travel

So because you didnt like it, TPP isnt a MGS game?

>recycled mgs5 assets
It's not like mgs5 used them much anyway.

Indeed, your head canon where DD is sending these people stuff into the past is time travel.

honestly mgs has been dead to me for a while but I feel bad for the fanboys who live for this kind of thing. metal gear survive is probably the worst possible direction to take the franchise in.

>lazy hacks reusing assets and rushing for a quick buck
Fixed, user!

afbs

filtered.

More likely that the team Konami hired never played any of the previous games, and is confusing Diamond Dogs with MSF.
Common and easy mistake for newcomers who havent played the games or done research, such as Konami employees.

Im interested because I like wave survival games, not sure about zombies though, weve played this game 100 times before, just not with this kind of engine. I could give less of a fuck that its Metal Gear, the franchise was finished as of 4 as far as Im concerned, just give me good gameplay,, I dont give a fuck about the lore and background since its retarded anyway.

The more i watch videos and read about this game, the more im convinced that this was going to be apart of MGS5 at one point, but obviously didn't make it in due to konami shitting the bed. If this was apart of the main game, then no one would be losing their minds over this like they are now.

Right now, konami just wants to see if anyone is dumb enough to buy anything they put out that has Metal Gear Solid slapped on it.

>on nom more shit please! Yummy!

The entire story of TPP is shit.

I never said that, retard.

>The entire story of TPP is shit.

Cool. Meta-critic rates it as "Universal Acclaim" from the critics and "Generally Favorable" from users (including people like butthurt Cred Forumstards who rate it zero out of ten).

Millions of people bought it and had a great time with it but of course Cred Forums is still bitching about it a year later and calling it shit.

I truly feel bad for you guys. Move on.

>The entire story of TPP is shit.
this entire series is a clusterfuck, what the hell were you expecting?

>a ton of dumbasses like it, you should too
Fuck you, shit-eater.

>not MGR 2 which everyone liked
but why?

The story is great, and really wraps up the themes of 'great heroes and villains are made, not born' that MGS 1,2,3, and 4 all set up. It puts an underscore to the Solid/Liquid dichotomy and just reinforces the rest of the entries with a nice little bow on top. If it had been taken to completion, it would probably be considered the best of the series.

Not "vocal chord parasites" and a cheap "twist". Also, they fucked Skullface's character up hard. He went from a cruel, interesting villain to a joke.

Let go of your anger

>my opinion is superior to everyone else, everyone is objectively wrong for liking something I don't
Cred Forums, the post

Nothing MGS4 didn't do before.
And that was much, MUCH worse.

>If
I don't really have a problem with the Medic, just the "ruse" bullshit pre-release.

Quiet being Chico would've made more sense than what we got. The inclusion of vocal chord parasites ruins the game.

Oh, and Ocelot is a walking tutorial.

>Nothing MGS4 didn't do before.

MGS4 was like a nutella sandwich. The story was pretty trashy and nonsensical, but every time I got to an hour long cutscene, I was happy to woof it down.

I love that they literally brought everything in. There was no way to dig themselves out of the knot that the other games have made in a non-wack manner, so I dug it.

Are you referring to Raiden or Big Boss in MGS4?

Fuck off.

It's just like The Last of Us or Bioshock Infinite. Those games did well and were praised, but both are shit.

Last of Us is actually quite good, its overrated though, but it certainly isnt a bad game at all. Bioshock I dont understand though

Nigger, they used literally half of MGSV assets for this.
I bet they would release "Not Africa" Map as a DLC later.

>Big "V" in the title that is highlighted
>Its got a sub title instead of just being called another entry in the series
>Cost half of what regular retail games cost
>Surprised its reusing assets when its clearly a Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare rip, not a new entry in the franchise
Im fully convinced that people arguing over this game are just fucking retarded now. Im done.

>Quiet being Chico would've made more sense than what we got

The ONLY reason faggots say this is because of that one theory.

HOW would it make more fucking sense than what we got, since it's repeated SO FUCKING MUCH that it would have made sense.

>MUH WOLBACHIA
>HURR MALE TO FEMALE
please don't use those lame ass excuses, that trauma shit about Paz makes no sense.

Metal Gear has lots of crazy shit going on, but "getting sucked into a parallel dimension with zombies" crosses the line for me.

>that trauma shit about Paz makes no sense
Nice denial, faggot.

>people shouldn't be mad because they've got 5 awesome game
>it doesn't matter if they didn't like it

Hmmmm.....

Both of those are good games, just kind of over rated though.

Last of us had great gameplay and a good story, though the puzzles were repetitive, and the gunplay and environment was fucking excellent for Infinite, plus the characters were designed really well. Story was kind of pretentious and didn't make much sense by the end though, should have just been a rescue mission.

You don't have to believe the memes user.

>characters were designed well
Elizabeth looks like a Disney character.

Did they really fire kojima or did he just leave due to them not following terms. Why would they think that they could get away with continuing the series without him?

>infinite bullet sponge gunplay
>anywhere near good
kill yourself my man

gay zombie shit