I just beat the game for the first time, Cred Forums.Yeah, I know I'm late. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?

I just beat the game for the first time, Cred Forums.Yeah, I know I'm late. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?

Now let's do this:
>best girl
>worst girl
>best guy
>worst guy
>who survived on your first play through

Ashley.
Emily.
Mike.
Josh.
Jess, Sam, Chris, Ashley, Emily.

Mike died at the end of my game because I chose not to hide(Sam) after the last person escaped(Emily), so he was blown up.

Matt died because he didn't have the flare gun.

Didn't know how to save Josh, and he was a faggy cunt.

Drop all the spoilers you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LdItyMt3m2A
youtube.com/watch?v=uwNTQO50bQE
youtube.com/watch?v=_oYuombY4zI
youtube.com/watch?v=hgHoU8TYjXE
youtube.com/watch?v=nXQHamwM7zw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Worst girl is Emily

plebian

I wanna fuck every girl in the game

Wish a real sequel was coming out. The PlayStation VR thing will be cool but it's literally a cart ride that's probably 10 mins long.

There's something about Ashley's nose that made me want to fuck her.

She's also the only one that lived. I agree best girl.

>Best Girl
Sam with Emily being a close second.
>Worst Girl
Ashley
>Best Guy
Mike
>Worst Guy
Matt

Wasnt there rumors about a sequel to this game or something like that?

>worst guy
>Josh
just a prank bro

>No way to save his precious smile

dropped

>Emily close to second
>Ashley worst girl
Look at this faggot. I bet he pointed the gun at Ash.

I cry everytime

this game was reactionkino

I thought that was disappointing. He had lost it, but it seemed like they were setting up his redemption arc.

Literally the worst girls.

Ashley is actually best girl but I only have this.
Make with it as you will.

I would:
Kill Emily
Fuck Jess
Marry Ashley
Be best friends with Sam

I need this or Last Year to be good
I can't stand Dead by Daylight any longer
please

>marrying a sociopath

But Beth was the cutest girl in the game

>best girl
>Ashley
Great taste user

Em
Ash
Chris
Mike
Matt, Jess, Ash, Sam, Em. Chris died because I made the mistake of doing what she told him to do. Jess died because I am was drunk when I did the qte for her part. Mike died because I didn't think running to the light meant blowing him up. Happy with the results. I messed up some of Mike's qtes in the sanitorium but nothing happened so that was lame

This is spot on.
Sam is a bro, but kinda vanilla.
Emily is an insufferable cunt.
Jess is a sufferable cunt, with an undeniable ass.
Emily is sweet, if a little misguided. She's not the dependent type, and can easily be bossed around. She would be a major sub, and enjoy it.

Same, except switch Sam and Ashley.

Sam is the absolute purest girl in the game. Brave, charitable, and kind.

Oops, meant to say Ashley is sweet.

Sam still bothers me. The entire cast is filled with heavily flawed characters except for Sam. Was it just because they payed her actress lods of emone?

and then poison your food for forgetting to take out the trash one too many times.

>pointing a gun at her and pulling the trigger
>forgetting to take out the trash a few times

Does not compute, user.

>Worst girl
Asian
>Best girl
Ashley for looks, Sam for personality

>Worst guy
Matt
>Best guy
Mike

she's the Final Girl, she has to be perfect

I'm sorry, let me correct that. She tells you don't take out the trash I'll do it and then poisons your food because you didn't take out the trash

>KILL ME
>okay
>NO CHRIS WHAT THE FUCK DON'T DO IT

Sam and Mike can't die until final chapter.

I find it really odd that the only likable scene that Emily had was literally only available as a pre-order bonus.

I came into this thread for the butt webm, wtf.

Sam would be your typical overachiever. So of course she gets mixed in with the likes of prissy perfect grades Emily, Jocks, and rich kids.

Sam is objectively best girl. I think my game ended with just Sam, Chris, and Jess alive because I had Sam hit the light switch and it blew up the cabin killing Mike, Ashley, and Emily. Didn't care that Emily died, since she was worst girl. Ashley was a qt, I felt bad about losing her.

>loves her sis
>eats her anyways

fuckin bitch

There was a pre-order bonus for this game? A fucking plot driven game?

Emily is actually a decent person. She is just very insecure and lashes out at people in fear. Ashley is the true worst girl. She is a bitch.

Hannah is kawaii as fuck, even if she is autistic or something. She's gotta have something wrong with her given the way she reacted to their dumb prank.

Game would have been good but wtf at that frame rate of 15fps the whole damned time.

Honestly OP looks like you are playing a shitty story "game" for fake gamers that need to be killed.

Wouldn't a consistent 24fps be the best for this kind of thing? There's little gameplay and all horror flicks run at that

playing this game in a IPS Panel in a pain the the eyes.

the blacks are so shit that all the game looks like fucking garbage

>best guy
>not Peter Stormare
The fuck is wrong with you?

Yeah, it's basically just a scene with Emily and Matt finding another threatening message before everything went wrong, but it grates on me that it wasn't a cemented part of the final game.

youtube.com/watch?v=LdItyMt3m2A

I don't know if it was a performance thing or what but it was distracting as hell.

It was a shitty five minute "chapter" with Emily and the guy she's dating. Completely pointless and didn't add anything to the actual story.

>Emily dangling off the side of a building falling into a cave, about to fall to her death
>Option to have Matt randomly bring up that he thinks she's cheating
>Choose to tell her she's not going to die
>She complains that you're talking too much
>Matt tells her to shut up and let him think
>She bitches that he's always going against what she says
Who wrote this

What game?

Following with typical horror movie tropes, Sam is the girl that's supposed to survive. She's not a bitch, like Emily, she's not a slut like Jess, and she's stronger and more capable than Ashley.

I think there also might be more going on with her than she lets on. When my game ended, I had her, Chris, and Ashley alive. When they were showing the interview type things at the end, the way Sam gets this creepy smile as she just stares at the camera after she's done talking really felt like maybe they were trying to set something up for a sequel. Now I didn't get all of the truth or whatever, and I did lose a number of people, so maybe things change if you have a "perfect" playthrough and she doesn't seem as creepy at the end, I don't know.

what's wrong with giving you the choice to let the characters act like dumb horror cliches? It's part of the fun making the "movie" play out like some shitty eli roth picture

I thought Shattered Memories was more subtle with the idea.

But Stormare had a real blast with the role.

It's weird. She's super weak socially but she's one of the most capable characters in a hostile environment. Her holding her own in the mines and being the first without any prior warning to potentially injure the monster and come out completely unscathed was pretty impressive. Definitely my favorite

>only black guy
>there's no way I'm going to let the token black dude die, or at least not first
>choose to save Ashley or Josh
>choose Ashley, because there was no way to save both
>kinda bothered me there was seemingly no way to save Josh
>have Emily keep the flare gun because whatever, Matt will probably get his axe back
>tower gets knocked over
>do whatever I can to save Emily
>can't save her
>mah nigga gets dragged through the dirt and hung by his jaw on a hook
>Josh was still alive, because it was a prank, bro

Fuck this game.

You're going to use someone's actions in a life or death situation to judge them?

The only death that hurt me was when the wolf got killed.

Well, Sam's got to me too be I SWEAR TO GOD I did not move the motion sensor. Fucking bullshit.

Everyone but Josh survived though, so I felt accomplished, though I didn't even want Emily to live.

No doubt the VR thing is just to make some more bank for their next game, which I'm certain will be something similar.

Emily is a straight up cunt who manipulates people. How is Ashley the bitch? Because when Chris pointed a gun at her she got mad?

>Had a playthrough where Matt ended up getting killed because he refused to save himself when Emily was in danger.
>Emily survives and during the final interview says she doesn't care whether Matt lived or died, because they got separated and he didn't save her

I'll use the fact she lets him die mercilessly later because of how she judged his actions in a life or death situation.

You've never talked to a teenage girl before, have you?

IT'S JUST A Until Dawn PRANK BRO!

She let's Chris die later because of it.

>I SWEAR TO GOD I did not move the motion sensor.
I lost Sam to that on my first playthrough as well. Either the sensor moves itself ever so slightly, or the controller vibrated and threw it off, because I had that thing firmly planted and not moving.

SM did do a better job with it, but being a big Stormare fan, I really enjoyed his part in Until Dawn.

Until Dawn is better LiS desu

She didn't let him die in my game

>can't enjoy the occasional movie-like horror romp for $15
>can only enjoy Dark Souls, Call of Duty, and Street Fighter

Fuck off, faggot.

When chris and the flamethrower guy are running back to the house, if she is pissed at chris when he is yelling to open the door she keeps it locked and straight up watches him die.
Still best and cutest girl with nicest butt though.
Them jean shorts and tights man.

The only choice consequence that I feel is completely nonsensical, is that Matt will keep the flare gun to save himself if he tells Emily that they shouldn't go to the tower, but if he agrees with her he'll immediately waste the flare gun trying to signal for help.

Get yourself a fucking Samsung TV/Monitor, dammit. What's wrong with you, son?

It definitely creeps on its own a little. There were a couple of those parts where I had the controller sitting flat on a table and the game showed the light bar jittering around a little. Whether that's a fault of the hardware or if they intentionally had it drift a bit to make it more tense, I can't say for sure.

So you didn't like Emily running for her life through a blizzard from Wendigos and surviving? I liked Mike going all Evil Dead and shit but Emily gets a point up for doing all that without a weapon.

I wish the flamethrower guy had a chance to live. Guy had it so rough, but he only ever tried to help people.

Oh no, they picked names for characters that were popular around the time those characters would have been born. How terrible?

Yup, he had the whole situation on lock till the prank happened.
Would have got away with it to if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Flamethrower Guy lived a hard life.

That's fair. Emily was competent in her own way, and managed to get the distress signal going, but in regards to character interactions the writers tried Really hard to make the player want to consider abandoning and/or shooting her.

Even Mike gets a some moments of empathy with the group along with his wacky action-hero status.

>Yeah, I know I'm late. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?
Why the fuck would someone fight you over that?

You can't actually 'save' Josh in that he gets out alright. He either dies by getting his head crushed by Hannah, or becomes a Wendigo by being trapped in the mine by Hannah and coerced into eating flamethrower guy and potentially any of his friends who died in your playthrough (besides Sam and Mike who can only die in the exploding house).

Whether or not Josh is killed or taken depends on whether you, as Sam, found a specific clue about a minute prior to that scene that confirms to the characters that Hannah is the main Wendigo who has been hunting them. If you did find it, Sam intervenes and tells Josh who it is, causing boyh him and Hannah to recognise each other.

She keeps the door locked to keep herself and whoever else is inside safe. Not sure how that makes her a bitch.

Calibrate your shit, retard. I have a shitty $100 monitor that now looks great after going through the built-in adjustments, Nvidia 's adjustments and the calibration tool built-in to Windows. There's no excuse for you to be getting bad black levels on an IPS.

Would have liked chance to play as Josh more in the end, trying to get through his nightmares and bantering with the doctor.

Because thats wrong, she only does it when angry at him, if on good terms she opens the door.

Where do you think you are?

someone post webms of Ashley's ass , particularly the one where she's knocked out and dragged away. I need to masturbate.

Matt is THE hardest person to keep alive.

>terrible
you a dumb nigga

Again, you're going to fault her for making a bad decision when there's fucking monsters running around trying to kill them?

>flamethrower guy dies and there's nothing you can do about it

the game would have done itself a service to step away from the drama and the faux-art to just be a straight up campy 80s style slasher. that's what I was told it was when I bought it, an 80s slasher where everyone can either live or die based on your actions and choices. I was disappointed that it was a bit more on the David cage side of self seriousness than an actual fun slasher flick.

Why can't telltale make games like Until Dawn, where your choices actually matter?

With this mother fucker running around outside, she should have kept the door locked whether she was pissed at him or not.

If you're playing them the way the stats are meant to be played, you'll realize there are subtle differences when you make certain choices. For instance, Ashley is asked a question about whether or not she feels bad about the prank played on Hannah. Yeah one stat rises if she says she does, but her honesty level goes down.

Listen, I'll fuck her any day of the week happily, but when there are other people running around outside trying to save people and all you have to do is stay inside and not lock a door, then yeah, i'm gonna fault her.

Too many variables for it to work in an episodic format.

I don't remember anything overly self-serious about the game. I mean they cast Peter Stormare as a fucking psychiatrist, how could you possibly take the game seriously after seeing that?

Same reason David Cage can't, they don't really give a shit unlike the guys that made Until Dawn.

It was advertised as an 80s slash all the way back when it was gonna release on ps3, but it hasn't been advertised as an 80s slasher for a long time.

It WAS advertised as a teenage horror flick, which I think it hits all the notes of just about perfectly, complete with a twist that they hid very well.

Do you know where you are right now?

>yfw the next is set in the UK

Why should she still feel bad about it? It was a year ago, and it's not like any of them could have guessed she would run off into the woods as a result of it. Hannah totally overreacted to what was a pretty harmless joke.

He survived on my first playthrough. But he was gone for so much of the game that I expected him just to suddenly show up at the very end riding an elk or something with Jessica.

there was no self awareness or camp to it at all, it was just a teen drama with a "message" in it. I'm not saying I even hated it, but I was hoping for more of a Friday the 13th experience where it's just dumb kids getting picked off one by one

Oh yeah, that's par for the course. I'm glad for it though. The story turned him from unlikable douche to "wow, I actually really like this guy."

And Emily is the girl you're supposed to hate but still know is right at some points anyway.

I think this is the best explanation. As referenced in her official character bio, as well as many of her in-game actions, Ashley very easily finds herself wrapped up in what's happening to the point where she stops being rational. Further examples of this are how she just sort of makes up the rule about being bitten, confusing it with zombie lore, when Emily's bite is revealed, and how she forgets the whole 'mimicking their prey' thing that she read out loud herself when she hears Jessica's voice. She is also the quickest to panic in many other situations, and the first to give a supernatural explanation to things.

It's not unreasonable that, caught up in the hysteria of what's going on, and I guess 'triggered' by Chris firing the blank at her, even if she told him to, she would at least hesitate to open the door enough to let him get killed.

Her response isn't even really malicious or as though she meant to let him die. She's just sort of numb and unresponsive.

Bruh. I know they don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Just so you know, you're the kind of person that causes a shooting spree to go from 5 dead to 30 because you just have to open a locked door and let people in even though death is 10 feet behind them.

The best camp comes from the movies that attempt to make a good product that can stand on it's own. The joy you can get out of it's bad dialog and directing and all that, comes from a genuine place.

She didn't lock it for the wendigo, she locked it to kill chris

Until Dawn is literally episodic. Every part you see is another hour closer to dawn. Literally the only difference is that it was all released as one package.

> I'm a real """""""""""gamer""""""""""""
Disgusting. Why is it everyone that decides they embody this label are fucking trash people?

>waifufagging this hard

Not even once

Well in regards to Walking Dead season one I'd say it was out of fear of spreading resources too thin, so they emphasized variable emotional elements with the characters rather than huge shifts in the overall plot. Tried to make your choices feel important even if they weren't in the long run.

Didn't really feel that effort in Walking Dead season 2.

Can you even play more than 5 minutes of Jess without Matt? He died in my through, and I only got a quick cut scene of Jess, with another scene of QTEs and her standing on a cliff.

Emily
Emily
Mike
Matt
Everyone but Matt.

yeah, I didn't see any advertising at all until about a week before it came out, and then all I saw was a trailer for it. I had a friend tell me about it telling me it was the 80s horror motif but I was expecting something like Halloween and got something like final destination. maybe that's just on me, but I would have much preferred an actual psycho killer to the skin walkers

Oh boy, I can't wait to see what happens with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Elizabeth, and Charles

She can survive, but she can also get caught by the Wendigos in the mine too and murdered.

Did we play the same game? Are you sure you aren't talking about The Walking Dead?

youtube.com/watch?v=uwNTQO50bQE
was one of the best fuckin intros I've ever encountered

>best girl
Sam, Queen of Climbing and avoiding all combat
>worst girl
Emily since my fucking friend got her killed by the first wendigo encounter
>best guy
Mike for taming a goddamn wolf
>worst guy
Psychologist for completely fucking up his diagnosis and prescribing the wrong shit
Chris, Mike, and Ashley
Sam almost did but she got fucked on the literal last moment because the motion detection is fucking ass

Splitting the characters up with a friend for drunken coop was fun, but fug he got half the cast wrekt due to being shit at QTEs/general decisionmaking

>and how she forgets the whole 'mimicking their prey' thing that she read out loud herself when she hears Jessica's voice.
I'll take responsibility for that choice. My fault.

Still hated the rest of the group for not even commenting on her falling behind though.

>Yeah, I know I'm late. Big whoop. Wanna fight about it?

>family guy meme
>shitty game
>le rate my taste thread

please go back

like this game was okay for a play through but to make a thread about it now is shitty

You don't have any idea how people work, do you?

>next game deals with the Fair Folk

Ashley isn't even mai waifu, bro. Sam is.

I know it's a choice to FOLLOW the voice, but my point is that she still clearly thinks it's Jessica regardless of which choice you make, as though the 'mimic their prey' bit has completely left her memory.

If you choose not to follow the voice, and Ashley survives until the end, she insists that she heard Jessica, and makes no mention of the possibility that it was anything else.

M8 the motion detection was great, it really added to the tension. I want MORE games to do that shit, it puts you on fucking edge
>that last scene where the wendigo is right in Sams face and then turns to look at you
>continues to do so for a long time
>have to sit completely motionless for the whole time

I'd be up for merrow. Or sirens.

Or underwater cosmic horrors.

Fuck that, I don't want a game about fairies.

>game

Jess had been missing for hours, of course her natural assumption is going to be that the voice that sounds like Jessica is Jessica.

can you fags please post some Ashley ass already

You have Google, man, go use it.

Yes, but this was maybe an hour after she specifically read out (ie. she found it interesting) that Wendigo can vocally mimic people. A person thinking rationally would probably remember this and be at least slightly cautious about the disembodied voice.

We've already established that she is quite dumb user, its perfectly in character for her to be this naive given how she has been the whole game. Also it was up to the player to decide wither to go, the player had to remember.
I mean there are people who flicked through that book with the info in it when playing believe it or not, they didnt read it they just wizzed through it, and got the chink shot and just went on. Some people just arent very attentive, and these people would hear the voice and go to it.

I dunno, for me it would jitter around constantly regardless if I was holding it or it was flat upon the ground. I left the game wondering if there was a default jitter movement I had to balance slightly shifting the controller around.

>Last Scene
I lost on the final yell with the controller flat on my unbreathing stomach
I wanted to cri after losing best climber so quickly on the final fucking moment

We don't want to die from violent Chris pranks user

>Thinking rationally
>When Wendigos are hunting you and killing your friends
No, but that's ok. Also as someone else already pointed out, the game flat-out tells you Ashley is bad under pressure.

You don't have any idea how women work, do you?

... I'm the person who said she gets irrational under pressure. I'm not trying to claim that this is bad writing. I'm responding to someone who seemed to suggest that ANYONE would think the voice was the genuine Jessica, simply because she was missing.

Indisputably the best girl is Sam.
Worst girl is Ashley. If you like Ashley you're a nu-male cück. Ashley is a psychopath and manipulative.

Indisputably the best guy is Mike.
Worst guy is... I don't know, they're all good, even the black boy.
Sam, Mike, Jess, Matt.

Fucking Ashley let Chris die.

I think they built some drift into the motion sensor segments so you couldn't just cheese them by putting the controller on the floor or something

Clearly I know how they work better than you do.

>Ash
>rational

top kek

>it would jitter around constantly regardless if I was holding it or it was flat upon the ground
Sometimes the bar will move slowly out of the circle even if you leave it, its so you cant just set the control down and ace it I imagine, you have to actually hold it, its integral to the experience of the game, people live and die based on it, its basically the "gameplay" of this movie.
What happened to the wolf, I never saw it again after it stopped following when I went down that hole.

>ywn be chris
>ywn hunt wendigos with flamethower man and trusty shotgun
>ywn fuck ashley

hurts to live

Your Ashley let Chris die because you make bad decisions.

see

According to the butterfly effects page, if you managed to keep the wolf up to that point and parted ways after jumping in the hole, it survives. You simply never see it again.

I think there's an achievement for it.

I really, really enjoyed how they did totems. They felt both incredibly useful and entirely pointless at the same time.

>Ashley let Chris die.
why did you shoot Chris' waifu user

Can you explain native american totem magic tho?

I constantly get swarmed by yellow butterflies all day irl, and I think it's a ?good? sign?

>hunter has been fighting them for years
>dies immediately after meeting the scooby doo gang

Returning character, calling it. Its some fucking indian spirit guardian or some shit. Itll be great

Cause you're a woman.
Die, bitch. Women taint the gene pool.

Doubt it. The thing can die.

I chuckled

I was going to say the same fucking shit.

>a literal monster tracking and trying to kill you
>hear your "Friend," in a tunnel while trying to survive
>massive adrenaline dump in your body as you try to stay alive in a unfamiliar dark place
>having the cognitive sense to remember shit even 10 minutes ago

No human outside of movies would remember that mundane shit.

I dunno dude. Some people are really good at thinking under pressure. Do you think military commanders in war zones just shit their pants every time their men come under fire?

>literal monster is tracking you
>read about the monster, which is vital for your survival
>HURR NOBODY WOULD REMEMBER IT

Waifuing this hard for a Chris-killing bitch...

Considering most deaths in the military are from friendly fire, yes.

>That first totem you find is fiery death
>Several instances of fire use throughout the game
They did that well, everyone I talked to after playing the game was scared as fuck of fire throughout the game.

>>best girl
Sam
>>worst girl
Emily
>>best guy
Mike
>>worst guy
Matt
>>who survived on your first play through
Sam and Chris

I knew

Yeah and how many fucking hours do military personnel log under those conditions that they replicate just so they DO get use to that shit and able to slow down and think.

No damn college kid is going to have a clear mind during this shit all you're thinking about is
>What the FUCK was that sound!?

Did they tell Chris any of this shit since it's so fucking important or the black kid?

Imma need a source on that friend

More like Muhammad, Raheem, Rashid, Ackbar, and Jamal.

Yeah, that's one of the things I really appreciated. You'd find a totem and get a quick glimpse of a scene, but then you might not come across that scene until 3 - 4 hours later. Most games would give you the totem and then have that scene happen within 20 minutes.

Google is your friend, buddy.

There are multiple time skips after that point (due to character swaps). I assumed they'd filled Chris in with the info he was missing, and just not showed it so it wasn't redundant for the audience.

As for Matt, he never reunites with the other characters, so they don't get a chance to tell him. Same with Jessica, if she's still alive.

Man, that fire totem was more like ten hours later.

I don't get you guys. Matt is more or less the male Sam. You rank Sam the best, but Matt the worse? Is it because he doesn't get much screen time, or what?

So good, simply heating the door knob after seeing that totem was fucking terrifying

My favorite was trying to figure out how not the get Ashley laid the fuck out with a punch by the Psycho, stabbing him later and getting laid the fuck out anyway

Yeah that was an extreme though. Most of them if was a few hours.

How is Matt the male Sam? They're completely different people. The only similarity that I can think of is that they're both sporty.

>Find fire death totem
>"Yo lets just flamethrower the locks"
>spray can is called inferno
My anus was inside itself.

Matt doesn't have a lot of personality. Couple that with his lower screen time and it's easy to see why most people just disregard him. Jess gets a similar treatment, but people tend to remember her because she's a chick.

so assumptions and even then

>Ashley reading the book
>not reading it out loud for everyone to hear everything

IF your whole argument is these kids would remember this shit why wasn't she reading the whole book out loud?

Matt is a nice guy for the most part. Sure, he took part in that stupid prank, but he realized how stupid that was, and now he just wants to be helpful and kind.

Matt took part in the prank? Man, I don't even remember him being in the beginning of the game. I honestly thought he was at the cabin with everyone because he was dating Emily and that was it.

I found Matt he most level headed compared to the other males

>Chris freaked out entire game
>Mike plot armor galor saving him
He seemed like the only one that could survive and he did survive on his own almost the whole game. I thought it was fucked up the game forced you to jump though but it makes sense since it's always said to save yourself first THEN you help

I was 100% sure I was going to burn Emily to death somehow by hairspraying that goddamn lock

>his lower screen time
On that note, is there any way to get access to the preorder DLC chapter with Emily and Matt now?

I want to play it, and refuse to just youtube it even if it's just a small throwaway chapter

What monster would you want to see in a sequel?

I think having a skinwalker for a The Thing style game or a gugwe for an unstoppable beast would be cool

He was the one holding the video camera on a stick.

>these ashley apologists

My sides, it is absolutely obvious what the devs were going for in that scene, it's not left up for debate. She consciously made the decision to leave him out to dry. I'm pretty sure creators even talked about it.

Even if you wanna make up excuses like this is the real world, you have to reach.

Well it's not like they knew they suddenly had to rush out before Ashley herself even finished the book. At that point their plan was to wait for Mike to come back. She probably would have passed the book around after she finished reading if given the time.

>go to /tv from time to time
>always posts about Mr Robot
>can't see him other than the brother

If it was a Thing style monster, would you sometimes unknowingly play as The Thing, assuming it was just one of the teens?

Mothman? Theyd need to keep that shit under wraps though, I mean did they show ANY Wendigo stuff before the game came out? It took me by surprise at least.

Sorta like how Heavy Rain did it but show you at the very end. I fucking love Heavy rain and played it multiple times and even now I still get fucking new scenes

>always left that drug pushers house early
>couldn't find the fucking pills
>nigga knocks my ass out for the first time even though I beat the game 5 times already

I don't think they showed the Wendigo at all. From what I remember the gameplay they showed was always the scene with Sam getting out of the tub and running from Josh in his costume

Would be pretty cool if it was Mothman

It still bothers me that I know some people in and out of the web that thinks Mothman is a "vigilante monster".
Watch_Moth when

Ashley has the best ass, but she is by far the worst human being in the entire game.

Fuck no. Playing as the killer trying to find out who the killer was was just fucking stupid. He goes through these legitimate investigations for no reason other than to trick the player.

I dunno. Guy seems pretty weird in ways that Sam isn't. Regardless of choices made, Matt is a super jealous guy and a literal cück, yet balances this out by being quite volatile and borderline violent in response to things. He's also, from memory, the only character in the game to get a choice to knowingly and purposely get someone else killed to save themself (you can distract Jessica and run off while the Wendigo is chasing you to buy yourself more time). Yes, Sam can also get others killed with her final choice at the end of the game, but she's not purposely hurting them so much as she's panicking and making a break for it, hoping that the others are doing the same.

Sam is much more passive, and has a much more clear 'lawful good' kind of attitude. And yes, she thought the prank was super distasteful, while Matt took an active role.

A lot of people don't remember him or Jessica because they are introduced after the timeskip as 'X's new boyfriend/girlfriend', but everyone was at the original gathering.

Yeah they only teased standard killer in the woods type stuff. The wendigos came out of nowhere.

Rougarous are cool, but they're literally just Cajun wendigos

Ashley has the best ass but is followed extremely closely by Sam. When she changed into those yoga pants, well I'm not gonna lie, I just turned her around and looked at her butt for a while.

What, he's trying to test Ethan you baboon. He also went around to look how his old victims were left off after his tests.

Fucking think Mcfly

Ashley has a "better safe than sorry" rationale. It don't make her inherently a bad person for choosing the safe side. But it is her nature to think "the monster is right behind Chris, if I open the door now, then it will mean trouble for me."

It wasn't a vengeful act. But it might seem that way, because the game has to do the butterfly effect. Which mistakenly gives the impression that Ashley was consciously thinking about that previous incident with the gun. When all the game was trying to show, was the consequences of your actions.

Ashley opens the door because the affinity she has fro Chris *overrides* her rational thought, risking her life to save Chris's. So, you see, it wasn't hate that made Emily reluctant to help. But it was love that made Emily willing to.

MCFLY
youtube.com/watch?v=_oYuombY4zI

Why is there a 'ghost' in this photo? Josh deliberately sets up some Hollywood trickery to spook the two of them but them sits them in spots where they can't see the ghost?

The dude literally says shit like 'I have to find this killer' when you press the button to hear your character's thoughts.

Its speculated there was an actual ghost aswell as the fake one.
>open a door
>its right there in your face
>looks different from the fake ghost when you see it
Could be a stretch though, spooks for the player are a thing in the game sometimes
>looking through telescope
>as soon as you exit you catch a glimpse of some spooks
>character doesnt react, they didnt see it
It was for the player, a bit clunky though.

Fuck the twist but this part was fucking amazing even I was freaking the fuck out thinking some ghost shit was about to happen while Sam is taking 9hrs getting into a fucking hot tub with no lights on

I guess he was hoping that someone might catch it out of the corner of their eye?

I've never seen/heard anyone speculate that there was an actual ghost.

Sam's route didn't give her much of any opportunity to make any crucial decisions, until the very end, where they set up a conveniently blameless situation for her. Even when they suspected Emily might be a danger, Sam conveniently avoided making any polarizing choices. Sam is untested morally. However, recall the very beginning, where everyone is trying to get along and hang, and get the Cabin up and running. And what does Sam do? She draws herself a bath. Only bothering to get involved long enough to turn on the heat. After that, zoning out for no less than an hour, listening to music and being anti social.

Sam is a chameleon. She blend into the group, because she has a little bit of everyone's traits, and never exposes herself. She's got good, but also very subtly the bad as well. Distancing herself allows her to avoid culpability.

Because its pretty baseless, noone really talks about it because its irrelevant if its real or not
>its the grill that got eatens ghost, her soul didnt become a wendigo
Eh.

I'm going off of the stuff her official bio, as well as supplementary stuff like her in-game intro buzzwords and Hayden Panittiere's description of her personality, etc.

This game was pretty fucked up imo. Mostly because the death scenes were a bit too realistic, more than most horror movies and that's something you don't see everyday.
youtube.com/watch?v=hgHoU8TYjXE
Also is it true that there won't be a sequel anytime soon?

They're doing some weird cash grab VR 'mini-sequel' that supposedly has you playing as Josh during his hallucination episodes, but they've said that they want to do a proper second game after that.

Yea, because a summary of a character, and a few adjectives supersedes everything else the character actually does and says.

>Ashley has a "better safe than sorry" rationale. It don't make her inherently a bad person for choosing the safe side.

Oh, but it fucking does depending on the situation. Like, if it depends on saving a person's fucking life.

Plus I dunno where you are getting this stuff from since on two occasions she threw this "rationale" out the window. She could of hid instead of insisting on finding clues about the ghost in the house and she goes off alone in the tunnels to see if she could help the voice.

Why did they have to add wendigos? Why couldn't it just have all been an elaborate ruse from Josh? Or keep it entirely wendigos. Having all of Josh's schemes in addition to the mansion being on top of an ancient Indian burial ground that also happens to be next to both a mine and insane asylum was just too much shit. I liked that turning into a wendigo was caused by cannabalism and I liked that Hannah ate her sister and that Josh himself turns into a wendigo, but overall it felt really stretched.

So what you're saying Sam literally doesn't want to be there and isn't friends with any of them anymore?

How did Hannah eat her sister if they were both dead?

I would've honestly preferred that there were like multiple supernatural events happening at once. Like the Wendigos were just one of several horrors on the mountain.

It was a regular hospital I'm pretty sure, not an insane asylum.

Did you not play the game? Or am I confusing Hannah and Beth? One of them definitely survived and ate her sister.

It was a sanitorium

Wasn't your whole point that she doesn't do or say enough in the game to justify characterising her definitively?

I thought it was called a "sanitarium", which I had assumed was related to mental illnesses, but Google says I'm wrong and you're right.

They are both shown face first on the floor bloody after hitting a rock on their way down..they don't even blink or anything.

>She could of hid instead of insisting on finding clues about the ghost in the house and she goes off alone in the tunnels to see if she could help the voice.
Those weren't immediate dangers.

> it fucking does depending on the situation. Like, if it depends on saving a person's fucking life.
But what does one do when the act of saving the person would potentially put their own life and the lives of others in danger?
Like, if you see someone standing in the middle of the road absentmindedly while a truck comes barreling their way, do you try to rush and pull them out of danger, knowing that doing so my also get you hit by a car?

Hannah possessed her own corpse then proceeded to eat her own sister

You know if you knock someone out their eyes dont just close themselves?

You need to replay the game or pay closer attention. There are multiple things 100% confirming that one of the wendigos is Hannah. Hannah doesn't have a grave but Beth does, Sam finds a journal or some shit saying it, the wendigo has Hannah's butterfly tattoo, ect.

I told them what you told me to tell them..I was in sanitation

>Ashley is best girl.
>Emily is worst girl.

I like your decision. The official Until Dawn Twitter page even announce Emily as Most Annoying Female Character.

Because she's unconscious? The game directly states that Hannah broke her leg and was knocked out, before waking up, burying her sister, and slowly starving until finally succumbing, digging Beth back up, and eating bits of her.

ive been meaning to play this for a long time

is it worth buying?

is it fun?

>best girl
emily, then sam, then ashley
>worst girl
jessica
>best guy
josh. mike isn't bad but he's so boring
>worst guy
matt. what a faggot
sam, chris, matt, ashley. i don't remember if mike survived too

I feel like possession fetish could be a thing.

My personal impression of Sam, was that she was showing up to save face. Because she's miss perfect, and doesn't want to look bad.

Yes. Am I missing something?

Where's the SFM porn?

That seems like some shit if Bioware wrote this

knocked out, broken bones, bleeding out, and still somehow survive all that PLUS hypothermia long enough to find a cave, splint whatevers broken, stop internal bleeding THEN eat your own sister?!

I've seen and played the game multiple times and I know about the butterfly. I just don't know how the hell one of them survived.

Why did you oppose the idea of characterising her based off the information we DO have, which is the lore given outside of the game?

>First playthrough
>Kept everyone alive except the dog
I got an achievement, but I didn't deserve one.

If you're asking the logistics of how someone falls and survives that, I have no idea. The entire point of the opening scene was to make you think they both died so you don't expect them until you get more clues as the game progresses.

Why where the two people Josh was 'Pranking' also the only two people who weren't involved with his sister's deaths; one of the two even trying to stop the prank?

They legit landed in the mine.

Why was Emily a bitch right off the bat? Because of Jessica? Did it say why they hated each other aside from her having Mike? Seems kind of a dumb reason to be that angry that she was there especially since Emily was considered rich.

This is my main gripe, but I chalk it up to either Josh's mental illness causing him to not make sense in that regard, or that he may have had more planned for everyone else, but was unable to follow through with his plans for them because of their movements which he didn't account for (Emily and Matt heading back down the mountain to look for Emily's bag, and Jessica and Mike leaving the sex cabin).

>Save Matt by jumping
>Emily still says they're together at the end
She knows no one else can put up with her shit.

I didn't oppose it. I just don't think a few adjectives and a brief summary is all there is to a character. I don't value the words of the actor very much. Because how they envision the character, and how the writer/director portray the character are two different things. An actor will think whatever they need to think in order to play the character. However, the actor can't give their portrayal context. That's the job of everyone else.
I value the events of the game moreso. What Sam actually said and did shows more about her character, than what the actor mentioned.

She was just a cunt user, people are like that.

>That seems like some shit if Bioware wrote this
Doubt they'll do anything like that. They'll say it's too "gory" or sexist or something.

>I don't value the words of the actor very much. Because how they envision the character, and how the writer/director portray the character are two different things. An actor will think whatever they need to think in order to play the character. However, the actor can't give their portrayal context. That's the job of everyone else.

Well I mean, the actors are generally the only people to receive complete character breakdowns, which often extend far beyond what end up being explained in the final product. Hell, I'm a casting associate. I help actors understand the backstories, motivations, personalities, etc, of fictional characters they're playing/auditioning for for a living.

>World's expert on wendigos
>Fights them off single-handedly for years
>Dies the second he finishes telling someone else all about them

Man, you know Emily was a cunt when my sister (who is ALWAYS an apologists for female characters that act like her) really pushed for me to get her killed while I was playing.

He probably wasn't use to having a person he had to keep safe which fucked up his whole routine. Do you think he'd be in that situation if he wasn't with Chris? Hell no.

BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY

You're a monster, user.

Also
>tfw cant save flamethrower guy

> Emily was a cunt
Did she do literally anything right?

She's a megabitch who got blown the fuck out by an 80IQ whore by the second chapter of the geimu

It's also potentially Chris' fault that they're caught out in the open anyway.

So I just rewatched the scene on YouTube just because starting to get through to me with your opinion.

You gotta be shitting me dude with this "she was just scared shit". I forgot that they literally showed a flashack to when josh pointed gun at her to drive home the fact why she wasn't opening the door.

She's bitch in that path, user, just accept it.

She's fucking strong seeing as how she was able to escape the wendigo on her own.

>did she do anything right?
She pimp slapped the fuck out of Ashley

I haven't played Until Dawn because >no console - But I have heard a lot about it. Is the killer always the same character or does your choices influence that part of the story as well? Is the killer One of the characters you play as?

Sounds like a cool job. But ultimately, no matter how much you help actors understand their role, they might still get it wrong. Or twist a bit of information that changes the context. Ultimately, the true motive and personality of a character comes through when the movies is all put together. Because so much hinges on the framing of a character's actions, and how what they're doing is playing into the scheme of things, and the tone of the moment when compared to the movie as a whole.

When actors talk about their character, they give their best understanding of the character as they recall it being told to them. That's simply not the same as how the character is actually portrayed on screen.

btw, I don't even know the information you're talking about.

Yes
Maybe

Get the fuck out of this thread if you ever intend to enjoy this game

I normally dont like watching people play games, but this game you can pretty much watch and get the full experience.

>I forgot that they literally showed a flashack to when josh pointed gun at her to drive home the fact why she wasn't opening the door.
I addressed that already. Just read back a few more posts.

That's what I did I didn't upgrade this year and watched multiple people play this game just because I loved it. I am getting scorpio but Detroit is human is really making me think I might buy ps4 just for that game

Answering those questions would reveal a TWEEST that the game actually handles quite well.

So is Cred Forums all for Until Dawn 2? If so what would you guys want the plot to be about?
I'm leaning on it to have a new cast of characters and take place in a different setting. Basically an anthology series.
If they want to add Wendigos to it than they're free to.

>That part when Sam changes into those yogapants

If you got put in charge of a spiritual sequel to Until Dawn how would you do it?

Where would it take place?
What is the context for why a bunch of teens/young adults are there?
What is the slasher like?
What supernatural events/creatures are there
What is the spooky backstory for the game?

That legging jeans shorts made me make sure she fucking survived fuark if Chris didn't fuck that shit that morning when they survived he a bitch

I'd be fine with UD2, but I'd want the main antagonists to veer away from Wendigos, though keeping the surprising supernatural element to be revealed in the final hour

A new, disposable cast is a must, but next time around I'd like to be able to save literally everyone given enough challenges and wisdom checks

That's hayden pannetiere's real ass

Okay guys, you've convinced me to borrow my friends PS4 and playing this game. I'll leave the thread to avoid spoilers. I can normally spot twists coming from a mile away but I hope this will be different, or at least enjoyable nonetheless! Cheers!

>(Inb4 the first person to die 'fakes their death' and was the killer all along..)

>tfw you opened the trap door as Ashley

>Tiny butterfly, devastating hurricane

>Early death totem is fire killing you
>Every fucking scene theres fire somewhere

DUDE
PRANKS
LMAO

Dude, I didn't even remember just how blatant the butterfly thing made it.

All this speculation you are making about the reasoning is moot because it is absolutely clear it had nothing to do with playing it safe. You'd be making total sense were it not for the flashback.

I can only assume at this point you are successfully trolling me now.

>falling for David Cage's bullshit again

I mean, I could understand if you REALLY like unreasonably opulent apartments and short-haired girls getting almost-raped, but come on... you should have learned by now.

Just finished this game too.

I don't know how else to say this, but Emily did literally nothing wrong.

I don't eve know what the fuck you're talking about but ok

The Detroit game is made by David Cage. Same asshole who did Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, and Beyond: Two Souls. Opulent apartments and rape scenes appear in all of those games.

>(Inb4 the first person to die 'fakes their death' and was the killer all along..)

There were no rape scenes in Heavy Rain and Beyond wasn't that good that I can't remember her being raped though

Who got raped in Heavy Rain?

The journalist bitch. Madison or whatever the fuck her name was. In the very first sequence where you play as her. And kind of again when she goes to that old dude's house, but that one is more about torture/murder.

The one in Beyond was even more obvious. She went to the bar and was set upon by rednecks until she was saved by her ghost twin.

You dumb, bro.

Well, that's actually not the case.

Yeah but it was weirdly close.

If they don't do a body snatcher plotline they are fucking retarded

>The one in Beyond was even more obvious. She went to the bar and was set upon by rednecks until she was saved by her ghost twin.

There's also a bit where you can agree to suck some dude off in an alley for change when you're homeless. If you change your mind, the guy restrains you and tries to rape you before your ghost pal kills him.

>the first sequence of the reporter
You mean the fucking dream?! An they were trying to kill her not rape her fucking hell man get your shit together

>oh they touched the girl it's RAPE!

I watched the game on youtube and all the deaths plus best endings since it made little difference to actually "play" it compared to watching it. It was a pretty enjoyable story, I liked it.

It was ok

tfw Mr.Robot gets face fucked by his werewolf sister after being ostracized by his friends for making a better haunted house than halloween horror nights has for the past 6 years...

Emily best girl

Josh was best guy and his actions were entirely justified.

>Get his sisters killed
>Then beat him up
>Know he is mentally unhinged but tie him outside in the cold and danger

Josh was the real hero and everyone else were killers.

Is there any romance option in this game?

Gay romance option?

Chris and Ashley like each other and can kiss depending on your choices. That's all.

No you can't make Mike and Chris kiss

Tell me literally one thing Josh did wrong. You can't,

Emily pushes Ashley aside when escaping the house to try and put her in danger.

he looks like a scarecrow

That's in response to Ashley hyping up her bite based on something she made up, resulting in her almost getting shot by Mike.

>bought the game and played it with a friend
>emily, sam, ashley survived our playthrough
we were so hyped for mike turning from jock thundercuck to john mcclane
but the last encounter in the hut we fucked up and mike sacrificed himself
good such a good game

Almost everyone thought Emily posed a threat, and it's obvious why. Not to mention Ashley is very apologetic and can even tell her she was wrong. Doesn't stop Emily trying to kill her because of a grudge.

I don't really think she was trying to knock her over and leave her for the Wendigo so much as she just hated Ashley now and didn't mind aggressively pushing past her.

Of all the times she could have done i, she chose to do it then. How is that not being a bitch? Bitch is probably a light term actually.

At least when Ashley let's Chris die she is quite clearly insane. Emily is herself.

PCfag here, watched a LP of this and it was actually pretty entertaining, not sure why this game cops so much shit.

Mike was the man.

What do you mean? She never needed to run past her until then.

Cred Forums actually holds Until Dawn quite high compared to other moviegames. Back when it was new, there were multiple threads a day filled with nothing but praise.

God damn I wanted to fuck Ashley raw.

I meant she could have shown here hatred for Ashley anytime, like when they went after Mike. Instead she waits until a wrong move could kill someone to push her out of the way.

>mike turning from jock thundercuck to john mcclane
Fucking this.
Of all the characters I went into this expecting to like or be cool, I was certain Mike would either be the first death by horniness, or would go full bitch wannabe-alpha.
Nigga goes from talking about threesomes and tits to running and gunning with a double barrel and a tamed wolf friend.

I don't think it was a deliberate move to 'show' she hated her. She just pushed past her because she wanted to get past and didn't care about Ashley anymore.

Of course it wasn't to show she hated Ashley, I meant more to show us. The point is Emily pretty much tries to get Ashley killed, or at least cares so little that she purposely puts her at risk, so it's astounding that people think she isn't a bitch. Especially when the same people will then say Ashley is a bitch.

>Literally just read a book telling you that the wendigos can mimic voices.
>Literally doing something that always gets people killed in horror movies.

I don't think anyone disagrees that she's a bitch. Emily sympathisers usually say that they think she's best girl for other reasons, like how she's often the most capable and resourceful, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=nXQHamwM7zw

Literally the first videogame character I wanted choke immediately

I hope I'm never in a dangerous situation with you. I don't need your holier-than-thou ass judging me for taking steps to ensure my own fucking survival.

>best girl
Jessica
>worst girl
Emily
>best guy
Mike
>worst guy
Matt
No survivors, I was scared shitless.

Josh had a hard life.

Does it even really matter how Hannah survived the fall? The point is she was injured and scared, and she dragged her sister's body with her into the mine to hide. Once she realized Beth was dead, she buried her, then began to count the days she was lost in the mine. Remember the tally marks scratched into the wall? She was down there for quite a while. Eventually starvation drove her to cannibalize her sister's corpse, which caused the whole Wendigo thing.

I wouldn't want them to do Wendigos again. That worked for this story, now it's time for something else.

isn't this some crappy console "game"?

The butterfly thing is there to show you what action you chose that caused this outcome.

Come on man, you need to be better at critical thinking.

They should make this a franchise and have each game focus on a new cast of characters in a new setting, with a new Native American monster myth.

I would love one with clowns.

The section where you run from the Wendigo as Emily is one of the best parts of the game. Other than that I wouldn't care if she was removed. She must've surely been put in for you to hate.

Why just Native American? Every country has myths about various creatures/spirits. Hell, Japan has all sorts of crazy ghost myths, imagine if they made one of these games about some of that shit. The cast could be a couple of Japanese qts and then some exchange students or people there for work or vacation.

Would they go straight into the monster part? I think the best part of Until Dawn was Josh's prank. But then they couldn't have a twist like that in every game without it getting stale.

Eh clowns wouldn't really work as a main antagonist. They could certainly do something with clowns for a small part, similar to what they did with the "ghost" in this game, but there needs to be a bigger threat than just "there are clowns here".

Until Dawn thread on Cred Forums?

Aw yiss.

Wasn't one of the victims killed by a copy cat killer though?

>inb4 it's revealed that there's a SCP Foundation-like group that catalogs every spooky event
>inb4 it's revealed that they firebombed Blackwood Pines after discovering Josh

Just stick the plot twist that one of the Japanese cast is one of their agents/researchers in deep cover and we're good to go.

Sure, myths from different cultures would be good too. I just said Native American because Wendigos are Native American, and it's a theme that you don't see very often.

But yeah, having a non-American cast dealing with non-American monsters would be great.

Yeah, I don't think they'd be able to even try to advertise a sequel without showing the monster, because we all know there'll be one. They can't hide that shit twice.

>Cred Forums likes moviegames

What happened?

shitposters didn't notice the thread
then again, you found this thread.

That, and clowns were never scary to begin with and have become a sort of horror-meme at this point.

>Now be honest user, were you ever actually scared in this "horror" game?

>ashley
>best girl
>only fat person in the bunch
>can kill TWO of her friends for no reason
>is only person who can kill two people
>kills both people maliciously and without cause

Yeah, when Matt jumps in front of the binoculars that fucker.