I have a craving for a city building game where you start in the middle ages, or even further back...

I have a craving for a city building game where you start in the middle ages, or even further back, and eventually make your way to the space age or the future.

Something like Spore, but not Spore and good.
Something similar to Banished.
This is an ambiguous thread, and I am very sorry.

Other urls found in this thread:

colonialcharter.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not Banished then?

Because Banished stays pretty much fixed in the middle ages, and Ive seen pretty much all there is to see in Banished. I would like a game that starts that way, but can eventually progress into space in the way Spore does.

Have you played Empire Earth?
It goes from stone age to nano age. Kind of an old game though and it's an RTS, but pretty fun

You could mod Rimworld a bit and achieve that.

It has some middle age things like bows and tribalwear, shivs could be replaced with swords.

The issue in this case is that it also provides some modern things from the beginning, like solar power panels, batteries, etc. So those would have to be disabled and then unlocked via research table.

I think some people have already released mods for things like this, I recall there being a medieval fantasy one as well.

I feel you. I love town building games where you go into dungeons as well, or at least have your civilians do that. Not RTS, more of an RPG where you play as a whole town than anything.

There's Dwarf Fortress and its clones, like Towns. I haven't found many others though.

Rimworld
Stonehearth
Timber and Stone

It's not a city builder, but Factorio is a logistics game with a very long tech tree (going from stone furnaces to building and firing off a rocket). Plus, there's a demo. it's technically Early Access but I've never seen an Early Access game that was so complete.

I don't know of any city builders where you progress through different ages.

>Because Banished stays pretty much fixed in the middle ages
colonialcharter.com/

Starting in the stone age and progressing to space age?

All that comes to mind is Rise of Nations. RTS, not a city builder, but IIRC you can put it on peaceful/win through developing and not war.

Folk Tale?

no ages just middle age, but it's got city building elements in an rts style but includes heroes and dungeons.

Currently in Early Access though

Tropico 5, you start in the Colonial Era though

If we had Spore but good we wouldn't still be mad about spore.

Ill check that one out. Thanks.

Not OP but you sold me on this game.

I bought this game so fucking long ago. How far has it come? When I played there was bare bones combat and very basic buildings

I just want a creature creator game with evolution and ecosystems and food chains and shit.

No.
-EA

>Currently in Early Access

You have my interest, but I'm not playing until it's finished.

Colonial Charter is shit because of the engine/mod api limits on resource flags. It adds a ton of new resources and production chains, but you can't manage them properly because they're all categorized as "materials".
So for example your glassworks will stop making glass because your sawmill filled the storage up with surplus wood. Add like 40 different resources and you've got a real cluster fuck with no way to manage it.

Also, for all the stuff it adds, it changes the gameplay very little. Instead of new mechanics and such, it's just tedious shit like having to build different foresters and mills for different types of wood.

I just want Banished with combat.

Or at the very least, let me equip some townsfolk with arms and armor and have them patrol the town to fulfill some arbitrary lawlessness gauge.

Fuck I just want a good 3D stronghold game FUCK

Prostagma? Etimos!

Only good Dwarf Fortress clone is RimWorlds.

play Pharaoh+Cleopatra
then Zeus+Poseidon
then Caesar III
then play the Anno games
then play Planetbase

Play Simlife then you retard. No one is going to make a new one.