Can you guys even name a good indie game?

Can you guys even name a good indie game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=85UaGuCx0aM&index=2&list=PL6PHQCxAqpJThdGKAGar9bCrh-qouq9Zv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I liked Braid.

I can't even name a good game.

my nigga.

Super meat boy and ftl
>inb4 contrarian faggot says they're shit

What fits the criteria for 'indie game'?

Super Meat Boy
Faster than Light
Hotline Miami 1
Braid
LISA: THE PAINFUL
Minecraft

no, indie's reputation has gone to shit

Azure Striker Gunvolt

Not developed by a triple A studio.

There are no "good" video games

I can name several
>Undertale
>Cave Story
>Freedom Planet
>Dust: An Elysian Tail
>Skullgirls
>Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
>OneShot
>Hyper Light Drifter
>Faster than Light
>Analogue: A Hate Story/Hate Plus
>Long Live the Queen

ftl?

Terraria

Faster Than Light

No. You can't call Neptunia games indie games, for example. But you can't call them AAA either.

Faster Than Light.

FTL: faster than light

Grim Dawn and Path of Exile

>smug anime girl poster
>posts shit
SHOCKER

Shovel Knight

>non image poster
>thinks it's opinions matter in any way
More news at 11.

That girl is not smug.
And those are all good games. In my opinion

Shovel Knight, FEZ, Spelunky Dustforce

Minecraft

Nuclear throne

Undertale

All of these are good, personal favorites but can't deny they aren't above par

Heh

Undertale is pretty good.

I know I can't.

What are some games you can sink your teeth into, in terms of longevity and replay ability,

Rimworld

>FEZ

Phil pls go

>liking poor mans Prince of Persia: Sand of Time.

>there are actually people on Cred Forums who haven't experienced Yume Nikki
What's your excuse Cred Forums? Why are you such a cock-loving faggot?

That is called the "middle market" . It used to be a thing before everything was either indie or triple A.

I like the "Rogue-lights" such as Rogue Legacy, Enter the Gungeon and Binding of Issac, but I probably am a minority. Super Time Force Ultra, a free PS+ game, was one of my favorite games in recent memory.

Easy

You start.

awful game.

Starsector

Shovel Knight

surprised no one has posted this yet
youtube.com/watch?v=85UaGuCx0aM&index=2&list=PL6PHQCxAqpJThdGKAGar9bCrh-qouq9Zv

I loved FTL, but I swear it's essentially a slot machine with a catchy soundtrack.

>try to play Zoltan
>fucking everybody related to boarding events has that "bypass shields" enhancement, especially before I can get a crew that can fight back

Elona+ (freeware), Dominions 4, Mount and Blade, Dwarf Fortress, Nuclear Throne.

Name ONE game

simian interface++ , dont starve , endless space, enter the gungeon (berry hard but fun as long as you dont get frustrated by bad drops heavy RNG), besiege, rebel galaxy (the story line is trash the game itself is fun)

FTL is the only Indie game I can say is a fantastic game which stands on its own, everything else has something setting it back.

>Super Meat Boy
Indie platformers are super easy to make, the fun levels and mini levels are contrasted by the 2006 newground tier animations.

>Hotline Miami
Pretty basic game helped with a good sound track but is mindless after a while.

>LISA
Aside from me really like its story, music and characters, there are a bunch of glitches with it being a RPG maker game and LISA the Joyful was pretty awful.

The only thing I can say I dont like about FTL is that the difficulty can be a bit schizophrenic but you quickly adapt. The art style actually is really nice, and was before all Indie games became pixel shit.

La-Mulana. Anyone who disagrees is a casual.

Found it 2deep4me and felt like a walking simulator

Everything in the game is up for interpretation and it IS a walking simulator, you dummy.

>>OneShot
>tfw waiting forever for the expanded version

Prison architect comes to mind. I loved it atleast

>Cave Story
>FTL
>Risk of Rain
>Super Meat Boy
>Binding of Isaac
>Furi
>Don't Starve
>Terraria
>Spelunky
>Shovel Knight
>Hotline Miami

It's not hard. Cred Forums needs to stop the "no good indie games" meme.

>Cred Forums needs to stop the "no good indie games" meme.

Cred Forums's become so contrarian that we've come full circle and people suck publisher dick now

luckslinger

add Skullgirls, Yume Nikki, Amnesia and Nuclear Throne.

Darkest Dungeon, there.

Cave Story and hmm...? Cave Story+.

>RNG where five sides of the dice is bad and the last side is good

No.

Fucking Cave Story.

Slain
Axiom Verge
Jackie Chan

dungeons of dredmor

ikachan

Nuclear Throne
Doom
Ziggurat (iOS arcade shooter)
Luftrausers
Papers Please
La Mulana
Cave Story
Videoball
Counter-Strike
Nidhogg
Hotline Miami

I can only imagine that people that can't find any indie games they like are the kind that exclusively play Overwatch, COD, FIFA and shitty licensed games.

Cave Story.

Was Ziggurat really on iOS first? It seemed too complex for that.

Death Road To Canada
Rim World
Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hongkong
Risk Of Rain
Underrail
Lethal League
Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together

I said GOOD you dumb faggots

These are all good, for the most part.

But it's good to see you're just shitposting since you don't have any reasons as to why they're bad

So there's two games called Ziggurat that have nothing to do with one another.

There's one on Steam, which I've never played.

The other is made by tim rogers, who used to write really weird articles on Kotaku and recently made Videoball. It's a little arcade shooter thing with really tight gameplay and controls so perfect for a touchscreen they wouldn't work on anything else.

iirc you can't get the latter on iOS anymore, it got broken by an apple update and they never fixed it =/

The PC Ziggurat is good as well. It's a dungeon crawler shooter but with a twist because all the weapons are magic based and really cool.

define good then fuccboi

No. I have been sworn to secrecy.

AI War
The Last Federation
Desktop Dungeons
Risk of Rain
Dwarf Fortress
Aurora 4x
Hotline Miami 1&2
Binding of Isaac
Dungeons of Dredmor
Wesnoth
And pretty much most roguelikes.

There's tons. I almost exclusively play those kinds of games. Cheaper, more fun, has interesting mechanics, etc. It's easier to name good indie games than it is good AAA ones.

It's been 4 years since the release of the first game and HLM is still deathly underrated.

It's not underrated when people discuss it. The dev just made a game with a story in mind, it ended, and that's it. There's no cliffhanger there to make people talk about it forever. But it'll always be a game people come back to and remember as a tiny gem in the sea of shovelware that was most indie games at the time.

Just like nobody mentions Pacman or space invaders yet they're seen as classics and people still enjoy them to this day.

Beat Hazard
Hard Reset
Antichamber
Heavy Bullets
Risk of Rain
VVVVVV
One Finger Death Punch
Eversion, although it's far too short
Nidhogg
The Desolate Hope

Shovel Knight (along with Plague of Shadows) and Super Meat Boy come to mind.

>Shovel Knight

When will people stop shilling this shit? That game sucks ass. There's a reason everyone called it Shovelware Knight and other shit when it released.

Is it because they were shitposting?

>implying Cred Forums doesn't shit on everything

>Shills
Nice buzzword, parrot.
>The game sucks ass.
Alright, why do you think that?
>Shovelware Knight
Stop pulling shit out of your ass, that doesn't even make sense as an insult.

Legend of GRIMROCK 2

>Freedom Planet
>Undertale
>Dust
>Oneshot
>Analogue
>Good indie games

Drop Factory

That reason is that people here are generally retarded.

>has gone

You don't have to name a recent one.

No, it's accurate. The game is ass. No wonder the guy pimped it on Kickstarter to fund it rather than waste his own money and take a risk. It may not have been literal shovelware, but don't sit there and pretend it was anywhere near as fun as advertised. And it didn't deserve indie game of the year either. There were far better games released. It's highly overrated for a game that's just a standard 2d platformer whose only gimmick is "le randumb knight has a shovel lel XD".

>freedom planet and undertale are bad games

Nice meme

Primordia

>dat soundtrack
>dat dialogue

It's bad because of how generic it is from what was promised. There's little enemy variety, no real weapon variety, boss fights are lackluster at best, etc. It's not even a decent platformer. And on top of all that it's $15.

Go on Steam or anywhere else you want and check out the other indie games both released before and after Shovel Knight. See what you can get for that much. There are some great games full of hours of fun, offer great replayability, tons of variety, everything you could want for even cheaper. For such a generic and uninspired indie cash in Shovel Knight offers nothing compelling to bother playing. The only reason it caught on is braindead faggots finding it funny that a knight had a shovel as a weapon. That's some penguin of doom level faggotry.

>The game is ass.
Still not saying why.
>don't sit there and pretend it was anywhere near as fun as advertised
That's a pretty subjective sentence there, dude. Though I will admit I wish the characters were faster, but you can't tell me Plague Knight or Shovel Knight (equipped with all the relics) isn't fun.

And yeah, the shovel is the only gimmick, but does that necessarily make it bad? Fuck no, bad reason to say a game is overrated or not. What you base a game on is controls, music, level design, how much its worth replaying and story (though not much in platformers) and if you ask me, it does well in all those categories. If you judge a game based of gimmicks, than Sonic Lost World must be a 10/10 in your eyes.

Underrail
Mad Games Tycoon
ADOM
WazHack
IVAN
ToME
FTL
Stardew Valley
Terraria
Don't Starve
NEO Scavenger
Survivor
Cave Story

And so on...

I enjoyed The Fall

Subnautica.

Fuck, didn't see your post before I posted.

>enemy variety
There's the mouse characters (who come in the bomb and propeller variety), beetles, the masked enemy (who throw ice, fire, have propellers, and some alchemy shit), the green thing (which can be lit on fire) the Fairy, hermits, manta rays, etc. Pretty good.

>no real weapon variety
Go 100% the game, or hell, even try and customize Plague Knight and tell me that again.

>Boss fights are lackluster
By what metric? Difficulty? Flashiness? If you mean difficulty, then yeah I guess. Flashiness? Fuck no.

>There are some great games full of hours of fun, offer great replayability, tons of variety, everything you could want for even cheaper.
Yet Shovel Knight is getting those DLC campaigns for free, while those games most likely have paid DLC.

But whatever, different strokes for different folks I guess. At least you bother arguing rather than leaving once you're called out

The music was average. As for level design, it falls flat. It's boring. Mario, the original NES game had better level design. But even forgetting that, focusing on the gameplay itself and the meat of the game, it's just lackluster. There's hardly any enemy variety, boss fights aren't all that challenging, and it feels tedious.

And it has no interesting characters. Why would I want to bother replaying the game when every character is basically going to play the same?

And there's good platformers out there too. So what does Shovel Knight offer that those don't? I don't see how it gets all this praise when the gameplay itself is lacking in anything else that other platformers have in droves.

>Early Access
>Ever

>Early Access
>still better than NMS and Ark combined

And I'm not judging the game entirely on the gimmick either. Sure it could have a shovel and be amazing. But when your game is so lacking in content compared to other indie games and other platformers, that better be one hell of a fucking fun gimmick that you're charging $15 dollars for. And a knight with a shovel isn't that fun to gloss over all of the other issues like lack of content, boring boss fights, shit enemy variety, etc.

>Implying that take any effort at all.

>The music was average.
The Defender, Plague Knight's level and boss theme, Propeller Knight's level and boss theme, Tinker Knight's level theme, etc. But it's just a subjective thing.

>No interesting characters.
Plot-wise, characters like Polar Knight, Plague Knight and Specter Knight seem really interesting, and I wanna know more about them. Perhaps you missed out on a few bits of dialogue?
>when every character is basically going to play the same
What?

The vast majority of ones I've played, really. What I want ask you guys is if you've played a even half decent AAA game past 6th gen. Because I haven't.

Mark of the Ninja
Terraria
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Legend of Grimock 1 & 2
Hyper Light Drifter
Betrayer

Outerwilds

That shit was a journey when I first played the alpha. I am happily waiting its full release.

Shellshock live

Shovel knight.
I win.

Why people keep forgetting this game is an indie

I still haven't played Divinity Original Sin, what is it like?

Good game with not so good writting

Hotline Miami is shit

Super Meat Boy.

spelunky
infinifactory