It's over

It's over

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/05/16/nintendo-president-nx-is-not-the-successor-to-the-wii-u-nor-to-the-3ds
gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nintendo-not-selling-wii-u-s-at-a-loss-anymore-it--31251640/
n4g.com/news/1504686/nintendo-wii-u-no-longer-sold-at-a-loss
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_memory
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organizational_culture
soundtrackcentral.com/super-mario-sunshine-gc/tp7558
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-12-02/nintendo-seen-missing-target-as-sony-microsoft-sales-dwarf-wii-u
theverge.com/2016/7/27/12294482/nintendo-earnings-q1-2016
destructoid.com/nintendo-posts-loss-of-229-million-misses-wii-u-projections-274444.phtml
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/annual/index.html
zeldainformer.com/exclusives/hyrule-warriors-legends-review-its-better-than-the-wii-u-game
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>WE ARE NOT STOPPING PRODUCTION ANY TIME SOON
>Production beginning to stop not even 3 months later

Good. It's NX time now.

muh NX!!!!

and then what?

Fuck you nintendo, I hope it flops, you stupid whores.

Truly a steaming pile of shit. I don't think the NX will be any better either.

They wanted to trick uninformed people into buying Wii Us as long as they possibly could, even if most people could see it coming a mile away.

What the fuck is your logic? Of course they stop the production of their old console when the new one is coming out?

It was over like we years ago.
Seriously the Wiiu has been dead a long time.

>implying the european market even matters for video games
lmfao you retards by FIFA and nothing else, stay cucked, Nintendo is pulling out of Europe finally.

Wii U was literally one of the worst consoles of all time.
Feels bad owning one

MUH THIRD PILLAR

This

Nintendo has their head up their ass. Now they're going mobile trying to go after casuals who play candy crush. Truly the dark ages for jap games

Nintendo apologists will find a way to defend nintendo

Still has more games than Wii at least. I regret buying a Wii so much.

>2016
>believe in Nintendo

>head up their ass
>doing something smart

Something doesn't add up here user-kun

Isn't It?

NOICE! Into the trash it goes. Bring on the fresh slate! Just make sure the gba castlevania, megaman x-x3, and demons crest are on eshop from day one.

They also denied abandoning software support for Wii U, then announcing little new for it afterwards. Bunch of lying cunts.

Who cares all the good Japanese games are on PS4 now, literally losing nothing

>Wii U production lasted only 4 years
I guess they really are headed the same way as Sega

What are you talking about? Wii had a real Mario, two Zeldas and third support

Wii U had none

Good. No one in the EU is mildly interested in anything besides FIFA. They are only loosing money by supplying to them

Also, can any European anons explain why your entire continent has such shit taste? Like hell, everytime FIFA or NBA tops the charts

>holiday season will save Wii U!
>[game] will save Wii U!
>several summer and christmas passes and Wii U is still dead as fuck

now watch as this cycle happens for NX yet again.

They did not lie, software is still coming out, so technically it's not abandoned

They're cheating their existing consumer base. Just watch how these games will get broken up into micro transactions, it'll be worse than the west.

>Of course they stop the production of their old console when the new one is coming out?
Only when old console is unsuccessful
>PS2 was still in production when PS3 came out
>PS3 was still in production when PS4 came out
>Wii was still in production when WiiU came out

>Europe
>playing NBA games
you should really look up the numbers, user

Why don't they just make a console and put good games on it? I'd buy a console like that.

>cheating
How? They already said mobile is only for advertisement

And they confirmed no microtransactions in SMR, the app is free, but you can unlock the full version by buying it in the app itself (think of the free version as a demo)

The last year and a half has been so empty and weak. It's well past time for the system to retire.

ign.com/articles/2016/05/16/nintendo-president-nx-is-not-the-successor-to-the-wii-u-nor-to-the-3ds

Yeah, isn't it normal business? Why continue supporting something that is already dead? The "outrage" seems very strange, considering that most people who want a Wii U would have no already

In other words: Fuck a you, Wii U owners muahaha we are so fucking stupid! Buy the new NX because we fucked up with the Wii U! We should put the new Zelda game on The Pro but we won't because fuck a you motherfuckas!
Fuck Nintendo.

I can't believe I am actually agreeing to this post.

Now that you think about it there's at least several good, and original 3rd party IPs (disregard the ports to other consoles after several years later) + 1st party games, the Wii U has literally nothing.

>Of course they stop the production of their old console when the new one is coming out?
>PS2 halted production at 2012
>SEVEN ("7") YEARS after the PS3's first release at 2006

I'm curious. If one compared the entire library of retail games on Wii U to the entire library of retail games on PS3, how much more does the PS3 have?

Let's try Wikipedia

>This is a list of PlayStation 3 (PS3) games released or planned for release on Blu-ray Disc.

>There are currently 1027 games on this list.

Wii U:

>Exclusive = 294 (53 at retail, 241 download-only)
>Console exclusive = 163 (21 at retail, 142 download-only)
>Multiplatform = 359 (122 at retail, 237 download-only)

Total retail: 196

Over 800 more retail games for PS3...Isn't that embarrassing?

How is it fucking over Wii U owners. They already have one.

They are too autistic to realize that

So NX is a Wii U replacement.

>a real Mario game

You're right about the other things.

>Look at sources
>Only sources are a random article with a shitty question title and some faggot on twitter

Wow, it's fucking nothing

Because Nintendo is trying to bring in the casual soccer mom fans, like the Wii did. So they are going full on gimmick to try and get those fans back.
I basically said after the Wii I would never buy another Nintendo console that was built around a fucking gimmick. All I want is a decently power console, with a good controller, some 3rd party support.....and games!

Not too much to ask for.

The only way that would happen would be if Nintendo merged their home console and handheld development. I guess this is the route they're taking

>wii had third party support

It never had Oblivion or Asscreed, it is literally impossible to say the system had third party support unless it has AAA titles like those and commanding a 1/3 adoption rate.

Why are you counting retail games when digital games are not as popular last gen compared to now.

But yeah low sales=little games

Basically they are dropping support for a console halfway through its life cycle to start up a new console because they aren't happy with how the first one came out despite the fact that plenty of people still like the Wii U?

>halfway through life cycle
Oh shit I had no idea the normal life cycle is 10 years.

my bad, I should've said two real Marios

The no games meme really doesn't fly for the PS3 anymore. It actually ended up with a damn solid library after those first few rough years.
If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 has more games then the Wiiu, GC, N64 and Snes combined.

They got to lure their consumers somehow. After years of trial and indoctrination. The new norm will provide a platform for other bad seeds to take root.

>It never had Asscreed

At look what that does for those consoles, they cannibalize their own sales by making games multiplat with last gen. Most interesting games coming out on ps3 or vita as well is there main reason i still don't own a PS4

It got some pretty decent third games. I personally enjoyed No more Heroes, Mad World, Red Steel games and even Silent Hill Shattered memories

>These mental gymnastics

Wew lad

It's been almost 4 years now. But let's be fair, Nintendo basically dropped the Wiiu 2 years ago. I mean nothing has come out for it in 2 years, because they knew it flopped. All games probably in development for the Wiiu just got switched over to the NX.

You don't have to do that to sell consoles, look at the PS4

I highly doubt that

True, it's kind of sad how it appears to be a viscous cycle of low sales->little games-> low sales

It was a marketing disaster from the start

Outside Color Splash, every game released on Wii U within the last 12 months were titles announced years ago. Sometime after 3D World failed to move systems, and Iwata had to slash their projected sales, they decided to just finish whatever was already in the pipeline, and leave it to rot. When people noticed it, they pull the "We're still supporting the system. Please look forward to new games" nonsense, knowing there's nothing new to look forward to.

The PS4 has like twice as many games as the Wiiu. Just sayian.

PS4 has the best line up of exclusives and console only multiplats

couldn't that be interpretted as an updated WiiU, like the Scorpion and PS4 Pro.

the NX is a more powerful console that will also play all WiiU titles and of course it will play games made for the more powerful hardware, so in theory its just replacing the WiiU.

Only the vita was a bigger marketing flop

GC was exactly that and it still flopped

Yeah, but most of them are multiplat

I don't see the need for a Ps4 when I have a PS3 and PC

Tell me 5 good ps4 games that aren'ton vita, ps3 or pc

>It actually ended up with a damn solid library after those first few rough years.

Not really. I think I have 2 games for it that didn't end up on PC anyway. I'm just getting consoles after the generation ends from now on.

>NX is going to be announced soon
>Nintendo stopped Wii U production in EU
>Soon will happen in the U.S and everywhere else.

wew.

The Wii U has more than half a game though

www.geekwire.com/2016/wii-u-has-almost-twice-as-many-highly-acclaimed-exclusive-games-as-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-combined/amp/

Because making your game digital only is a way of saying either "this game is shit" or "pirate it on PC"

The tiny internal storage of the Wii U doesn't help either.

Acclaimed*

*By game journalists

Opinions discarded. They probably think that Wii U has more good games than PC since 2013 as well.

Well yeah, that's normal. The Wii U got the first party game instalments people wanted. A new Mario Kart. A new 3D Mario. A new Smash. A new Pikmin. A new DKC. Now that its run its course, its time to move on to the next system. However, I have no interest in buying a NX yet, cause I have no reason as to what it is. I can only hope it has games that I want, such as a new Mario Kart, a new Pikmin, a new 3D Mario, a new Smash, and a new DKC. I can also only hope however that Nintendo doesn't ruin any of them like they ruined Star Fox for me.

by that logic the ps4 and xbone don't have third party support either because blops 3 is literally the only game on either platform to have a 1/3 adoption rate

Splatwoon

user the market is the real source here, no one bought that piece of shit, even the bone is outselling the wiiu right now with a year of advantage nintendo couldnt do shit in the end.

Raw numbers without regard to review scores are 294 Wii U exclusives vs 109 PS4 exclusives

>Vita came a year early and it's still in production

Your move.

Oh yeah, I want a sequel to that too.

>294 wiiu games

Welcome to Nintendo, they same company that denied the DSLite, and then announced it the very next day.

>vita is literally selling more than wii u

>Vita outlived WiiU

This is too much.

Karma is good

It's always interesting looking back on things. I remember when the wii was dominating and nintendo could do no wrong. It was just luck, they had found a way to sell videogames to people who would never buy them normally.

They should have focused on the core gamer market with the wiiu instead of hoping to tap a hidden market again. They have more or less completely allienated their main market.

It's weird to think about. They have so many successful franchises, but nobody wants to deal with their bullshit hardware.

It seems almost certain that nintendo will end up like sega

Nintendo still made money back on Wiiu, sony fucked over everyone with overpriced memory cards to coup a bit of the profits.

>>PS2 halted production at 2012
>>SEVEN ("7") YEARS after the PS3's first release at 2006
Huge difference between PS2 and Wii U, though. PS2 had a slim version at a reduced cost for both consumers and Sony - it cost less to make and ended up being cheaper for consumers to buy.

Wii U only had one price drop and it was barely enough. Wii U's Gamepad ultimately is what's keeping the cost to manufacture and sell the system at a high price.

>Games also on 3DS count for Wii U
>Games also on Vita DON'T count for PS4
>Remasters count for Wii U
>Remasters don't count for PS4
>The games are considered great/good/meh by MY metric of what number equals a great/good/meh game
>I tailor my article to be bias for the Wii U

That guy/girl should kill himself
Nothing worse than being a fucking lying piece of shit on the internet

that's good since the only thing that matters to nintendo fans is that nintendo makes money

BAH BAH and the Galaxy shovelware are not real Mario games

>Vita sales high in Europe and Japan
Considering SCEA refuses to acknowledge that the Vita exists and publishers stopped localizing physical Vita games in North America, it's not really a wonder.

jesus man wtf
>Nintendo made money on the Wii U, and Sony made money on the Vita
wow thx genius

>Nintendo still made money back on Wiiu

But why would they cut production if the console is making money for them? That sounds retarded

Oh please, don't act like there isn't some faggot making ps4 sales thread every fucking day.

Now how many of those exclusives are retail?

>no games
and
>to this day I still see moms who won't buy it for the kids because they think it's just an add-on for the Wii

Vita is not available anymore here.

Yet the sales of the Wii U prove that no one gives a shit about the majority of Wii U exclusives and the multiplats and exclusives on the PS4 are what gamers actually want, funny huh?
Really makes you tink

who's the one fuck that bought a 360 in Japan that month

I wanna meet that guy

People don't buy consoles for exclusives anymore. And stop bringing up PC when we are discussing console gaming. People buy consoles for the yearly COD, Ass creed, Madden, Fifa etc. Most games that you simply won't get on a Nintendo console.

Sony and Microsoft already have the market cornered in that regard. The last time Nintendo tried to make a normal console was with the GameCube and it flopped hard, now their only option is to bet all or nothing that their latest gimmick will be a casual craze like the Wii and ds.

Normies just buy the latest AAA garbage or the next fifa/cod in the consoles that their friends play. Also most normies jumped from 360 to ps4 in this gen.

And you talk like sales means quality.

>Latest console sold so poorly that it lost to the fucking Vita
>Third parties hate them
>Casuals have moved on
>All they have left are their core fanbase that they continue to piss off with mediocre titles that nobody wants
>Could very well go the way of Atari/Sega
>Literally producing mobileshit now as a (likely) exit strategy

JUST FUCKU MY SHIT UP PREASE AND TANK U

>Games also on 3DS count for Wii U.
This is only legitimate when on version is clearly inferior to the other, as in, the 3DS version is missing features that the Wii U version has.
>Games also on Vita DON'T count for PS4
This is true for exact entire ports, with all features and options being the same.
>Remasters count for Wii U
Only EXCLUSIVE remasters count.
>Remasters don't count for PS4
Well that's just stupid. Unless the remasters are either multiplats, or the same on both the Vita and the PS4.
>The games are considered great/good/meh by MY metric of what number equals a great/good/meh game
Dunno what you mean hear. I am guessing the metacritic scores or something? I dunno.

>And stop bringing up PC
The word PC does not appear in my post, you have mental problems user.

They... what?

>and if not it will sell less then 12 million units like the Wiiu

Seems like a dumb move. The Wii was a fluke, and will not happen again.

Yeah then we can say the wii was a shitty console since it was full of shovelware and games for casuals?

No dude, he means that the Wii U made Nintendo a profit. That means, they made more money from making the system then they did losing money to make system. However, that is clearly not the case anymore on making profit, so they are cancelling production. Can't be leaking money for something that isn't getting games anymore.

Just dont kill the 3ds fucking fagots

It has appeared several times in this thread. Basically saying that the PS3, PS4 and Xbone are non factors because I can get dem games on PC.
PC gaming has nothing to do with why the Wiiu is or isn't selling.

Of course not,dont you remember when the wiiu made nintendo lose money and the shitposting?

What really was saving nintendo was the amiboos

To be far, most people I talk to only end up buying a PS4 or Xbone to play a game with their friends. Some bought a Xbone for Battlefront. Others I know bought a PS4 for Destiny (holy shit, do I feel sorry for those people). Recently, lots of them bought a PS4 for Overwatch. Which is fine, I guess. But it still remains, people seem to buy these two to play a game online with their friends usually.

So you dislike normies? Boohoo no one cares dipshit. Pokemon and CoD both sell gangbusters to normies. So are both or are both good? Faggots like you on Cred Forums will always twist an argument to suit your bias - because you're a faggot. A dicksucking homo.

I remember faggots screaming "THEY COULD LOSE MILLIONS EVERY YEAR AND STILL LIVE FOR CENTURIES" while saying the PS4 will never exist
>YFW You will never be a pathetic Nintendo fanboy

What if the NX is a hybrid system and is essentially going to be the 3DS successor?

Nice facebook image, faggot.

>We have no plans for an update to the DS
>One day later
>Check out the DS Lite

You're so fucking emotionally attached to a piece of plastic that you are defending a blatantly bias pos article. Are you the author? Seriously the fact you replied to me as if I give a shit is desperate and pathetic. Get off your computer and go outside, Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about you.

I dunno, Nintendo just make consoles and games and don't have all their division hemorrhaging money everywhere.

One fuckup isn't going kill them.

It doesn't matter what anecdote you have to detail the reason the for someone purchasing a console, numbers don't lie, what I stated is fact and time is irreversible. Too bad for Nintendo, Get over it and stop trying to wrestle with reality.

Then they should've pulled the 3DS off the shelves.

>Amiibo excuse

Well that, and the fact that the Wii U wasn't sold at a loss.
gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nintendo-not-selling-wii-u-s-at-a-loss-anymore-it--31251640/
n4g.com/news/1504686/nintendo-wii-u-no-longer-sold-at-a-loss

This means that, back when the Wii U was actually selling, each one sold for 100% profit. You can't just groan and say that they survived on amiibos. You gotta save that excuse for the future, so you can say that they only survived thanks to Pokemon Go and Super Mario Run instead!

Hue hue hue, I was actually pretty non-bias with my logic, especially since I didn't even read the article. Oh, I didn't know that you didn't care s-sorry for wasting your time, a-user.

>Sales this.
>Sales that.

Yet I don't see any fucking games in any damn console. And most games are being delayed to 2017 on top of everything.

If Nintendo is going make a new damn console they need their own games on the damn shit right off the bat so no fucking third party can bitch about the lack of userbase on the damn shit.

Also third parties are the one that fucked over Nintendo on WiiU.

GC was a wild success compared to the wiiu

Well for a console that made them win money in the end they sure are cutting the production and distribution early,i wonder why they didnt do the same with the wii.

Wii-U has actually been a great system and I've put more time into it than my Xbone and Ps4.

But nobody's gonna give credit where credit is due here on Sonygaf.

It never even began.

>Also third parties are the one that fucked over Nintendo on WiiU
There's no obligations for third parties to put their games on WiiU.

Third parties have no obligation to put games on xbone yet they do.

>Third parties have no obligation to put games on xbone yet they do.
U can't be serious nigger

They do because they already weigh the pros and cons and the pros are in the favor of releasing their games on Xbone.

Cred Forums is mostly a Nintendo board. Most of us love the Wii U.

NeoFAGs are just bitter because Sony is fucking them so hard up the ass this gen.

Third parties have no obligation to make games on psvita yet they do.
Third parties have no obligation to make games on vanilla ps4 yet they do.
Third parties have no obligation to port games to pc yet they do.

Third parties have no obligations to make game on any damn consoles you dipshit.

>100% profit
I don't think you know what this term means.

But they don't make any games on wiiu lmao

>People already dooming the NX when we don't even know what the fucking thing looks like

I've always wondered what the fuck is the black thing on Miyamoto supposed to be? A cancer sore? This pic is only posted by faggots and it looks like shit so It's never explained

>Also third parties are the one that fucked over Nintendo on WiiU.
Maybe Nintendo shouldn't have put themselves into a position where third parties could fuck them, especially given third parties' hatred for Nintendo after their abuse during the Yamauichi era

>thinking a butthole will produce anything but shit

Do you really think Third parties still give a fuck about what some Japanese hack who's now dead did 30 something years ago? Most of people back then probably don't even work at those companies anymore

it had fucking call of duty and assassins creed, the only thing i really wish it had was gta 5 im sure it could handle it if xbone and ps3 could

What about air? We need air to live.

Without Splatoon Wii U would have been a complete joke.

Unfortunately they do. You see, there's individual memory and then there is a shared cultural memory. Third parties know what group they belong to and they have heard stories about what Nintendo did to third parties during that era. Because they belong to the present form of that group, they associate Nintendo with an enemy for doing it to the past form of their group, just as individuals in the south hold pride in their Confederate heritage and hold a very different view on average than people in the north do regarding the civil war--even though no one alive today experienced said war.

>Asshole analogies
That's a new one faggot

Alright user, you piqued my interest. How does one breathe by inhaling ass?

>tfw posting itt on a wii u.
maximum comfy, boys.

>Tinfoil hat conspiracy theory
no

kek

>He thinks cultural memories are a conspiracy theory

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_memory

Oh for the fucks sake. Most third parties hate nintendo because they don't drop big bux on their releases or drink their kool aid like Sony and Microsoft does.

See the ones that worked with Nintendo, they never bitched at the damn thing, hell sega always anchor some sonic game on Nintendo consoles.

>Companies are a culture
kek

Hitler's been dead for decades, do you really think people still hate Germany because he was German?

I hope to god that they don't cancel Zelda BOTW WiiU

on the contrary, the attach rate of games on the wii u is way higher than the bone or ps4.

>"He's dead, Jim."
>"Good, bring Monster Hunter to a real console next time, Capcons."

>"Let's put it on the NX Jim."
>"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Sony was the one that told capcom to fuckoff in the first place.

They aren't going anywhere soon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organizational_culture

Actually the winners are usually rather ambivalent, the losers are the ones who tend to hold grudges in larger numbers. That said you can still as a whole distance yourself from identifying with groups of the past which you are rooted in if the impetus is strong enough, i.e. if you must to survive as a nation like Germany.

The Nintendo exclusive Sonic titles have always been watered down to target the easiest demographic possible, while the multiplats / next gen titles are targeting core gamers.

Outside of that, third party devs usually get fucked one way or another from Nintendo, and the fact that their games end up selling the least on Nintendo hardware isn't changing opinions anytime soon.

No point these days for a console MH title, since portable sells so well, and Capcom can keep reusing PS2 / PSP / 3DS assets to keep the costs down, instead of updating textures and the like.

That's not the same thing nigger

>why dont we make all our monhun games for mobile now
>good idea tanaka

Im prety sure that any goddamn GTA, elder scrolls or any big AAA garbage would sell damn well on any Nintendo console.

Demography shit is just a meme at this point.

it's a hands-free microphone retard

You denied that companies are a culture when in fact they are.

>while the multiplats / next gen titles are targeting core gamers.
Which is why the next Sonic game is coming the NX right?

im hoping those are thousands

Not really, they'll do what makes their products sell

You're going against the full weight of business scholarship of the 20th and 21st centuries. Any distinct social group of humans can be subdivided into a culture.

>Outside of that, third party devs usually get fucked one way or another from Nintendo
This is not the 80's

Nintendo needs to do an open world Mario with Sunshine's move set particularly the water slide mechanic. Then they need to get Retro to do Custom Robo NX that looks and plays like the GC dumb intro vid with online multiplayer. fuck dkc. Then they need to do a Pikmin game where a friend controls the enemies. Then they need to bring back Eternal Darkness and put it in VR for max fuckery. Nintendo is sitting on heaps of cash and ballin iPs. They need to stop the bullshit and push out AAA 3D games with old franchises.

>its over

How could it be over when it never even started?

Even if they can be divided into a culture, I hardly doubt they're going to hold a 30 year old grudge at a company that helped their products sell even if they had a few shitty practices

Nah, those games are going for older gamers, which usually have another console or even PC to suit their needs, as well as better online infrastructures for online play / voice chatting, as well as modding options.

Ubisoft has pushed several of their major franchises on Nintendo consoles, just to have them most likely waste development costs and manpower.

We have no idea what the new Sonic game is, but the 2D game isn't going to it, which is what most fans immediately desired.

Never forget that Sonic 4 Episode 1 had released on the Wii with cuts to music quality, just to say that the game was there, or how Unleashed was just a port of the PS2 version.

They're still the same company that had it setup on the Wii where a set amount of sales had to be met on wiiware titles before the devs could see any return, on top of the fact that there is loads of data that shows that the bulk of Nintendo owners favor first party over third party titles

>I somehow know what Sonic fans desire!

>on top of the fact that there is loads of data that shows that the bulk of Nintendo owners favor first party over third party titles

>Nintendo owners prefer Nintendo games
Shocker of the fucking century

Nice goal post moving you fucking faggot.

Using Demography as excuse is getting stale.

>Nintendo fucking europe again
>Nintendo hoping to sell great numbers with their main console in europe when they have fucked us since ever(Snes era with all those rpg)
>Nintendo taking out their main-consoles as fast as they can right before a new console since the GC days

What's new? Waiting 3 to 6 months for some game released in America? 15 options for nintendo games when Sony has more than 30 in stores?
Soccer/football sells a lot in europe, like american football does in america.
Nintendo always did shitting market in europe. It's their fault that in the SNES had many games that were never released here, like Chrono Trigger that would have sold a lot if they just did add this in the cover "BY THE AUTHOR OF DRAGON BALL".
N64 games were expensive as fuck compared to the psx. Short stock of games didn't helped either. The only thing they had was Mario games, Kirby, Smash, Pokemon and a F1 game. Sometimes stores had more colored N64 consoles and controllers than games

it would be amusing to see gta on Nintendo console. I bet Nintendo could make a better game via a 2nd party like Retro than Rockstar.

It's a leeriness to interact with Nintendo due to stories they have heard about them in the past, because they fear they will be screwed over in the deal.

>a company that helped their products sell even if they had a few shitty practices

You're not looking at it the way their in-group would. Members of third parties would not phrase it in a way that is mostly positive for the out-group and downplaying the negatives, when those negatives were acts committed against their in-group. Quite the opposite, they would blow the negatives out of proportion and minimize the positives.

>a console that is not selling is cut out
why is people acting as if this where something strange??

>but my Ps2 and Ps3
Sony only kept production cause THERE WAS DEMAND for em (3rd world countries and piracy). not out of the good will virtue of their hand. why does Cred Forums lack any sense of money and how business works?

GTA had games on GBA and DS. But never on big consoles for some reason, Even during the GC era.

Why yes, as someone that frequents Sonic threads and has bought the games likely long before many of the posters in this thread were even born, I'm probably more qualified than Pacther and others eyeballing what people want

The simple fact is that when Sega revealed both titles at their event over the summer that was sponsored by tostinos, there was far more interest in Sonic Mania than Project 2017, to the point that Izuka had to remind the crowds that his game exists.

With how much Sega has to push Classic Sonic for quick sales, it is painfully obvious that the nostalgia for 2D games goes a long way with the franchise

I know, right? It amazes me that people STILL don't understand why third parties hate developing for Nintendo consoles in current year, especially now that Nintendo knows they're lacking support and outsourcing their IPs to multiple studios to fill the content droughts

This happened 30 fucking years ago, things have changed, do you think Jews who go to Germany will get gassed by Hitler

You literally sound like a conspiracy nut right now

Third parties suck dick. Pietriots had a great article on how they shitted up the Wii library. They don't want to put games on Nintendo systems because their games are bloated and frequently glitchy or need patches. Nintendo fans actually have taste. We play Strikers, Casuals play FIFA/ Ea sports junk.

Pfect

>there was far more interest in Sonic Mania than Project 2017, to the point that Izuka had to remind the crowds that his game exists.
Probably because we don't know shit about Project 2017 when we've seen tons of footage of Mania

But truly you're trying to say "It proves my point wrong so it doesn't count"

>It amazes me that people STILL don't understand why third parties hate developing for Nintendo consoles in current year
No it's because you're a conspiracy nut who thinks companies will hold 30 year old grudges

No, Jews still hold a negative opinion of Germany though, despite the fact that Germany has changed. They can't help but hold it due to what the country did to their forebears. Likewise, third parties are wary of Nintendo, even moreso because they do not believe Nintendo has really changed.

You really should take a sociology course if you don't believe in such things like collective memories coloring present people's perceptions due to things even their ancestors experienced and passed down (not just 30 years ago).

That's why I specifically wrote console. Personally, I think Gta is played out and never topped 3.

So I'm guessing this pretty much guarantees backwards compatibility. Which I don't mind. I'll either trade my wii u for an NX or just toss it in the closet.

On the contrary, NX is ARM. Wii U was PowerPC. There is no BC

Ancestors are not the same thing as new fucking members of a company

And those who believe Nintendo hasn't changed are probably old, decrepit and retired

I might consider trading it in too. Wii U is definitely Nintendo's ugliest console. It doesn't even look like a video game system

>forgetting VC
>forgetting that they will make you buy the same games over and over and over each generation for 15 dollars or more and you can't stop it because of your addiction to your favorite games
Poor soul

Geist mmo game. Think big.

>Wii U came out in 2012
>NX comes out in 2017, which is 5 years later

This has always been the life span of a Nintendo console... I know gens are getting longer now, but dont act like this is anything new.

Except portable will be dead after this gen. Why do you think they haven't announced a 3DS successor yet? Because there won't be one. Next mainline MH will be either on consoles, PC or mobile.

It worked for Sony and Microsoft so far this gen

fug how am i supposed to find one on sale for christmas

actually 5-6 is the standard, 7th gen 7 years was the odd horse. and likely would have still dragging were not Nintendo moved to WiiU

around 2008-9 sony straight out said they planned to make 7th gen a 10 year cycle before moving into a new console

>Twice

The consoles both have about as many good games

Only console fanboys and retards would say otherwise.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just plain fact that Nintendo consoles are normally not the best to develop for when the competition has larger install bases and less first party titles to compete against.

As far as Izuka and 2017, he had to get people hyped for the fact that his game wasn't even announced at that point in the event. The simple fact is that the older style games are held in higher regards than the 3D games these days, since either the older titles just have some magic that can't be replicated, or people really hate green eyes, but stuff like Generations and Mania are clear indicators that fans want a more traditional Sonic title, which is almost never the case with the 3D games that try to experiment with an iconic brand to push sales.

Until they finally announce the NX, I think we may want to not jump to conclusions as to what it could be.

With hardware stagnating in terms of what power it can grant games, I think we're finally reaching a point where consoles and handhelds are blurring in terms of specs.

Not to mention Nintendo still makes bank off handhelds, and probably won't bail on a market where they've sold over 50M+ units with the 3DS line, compared to the 10M or so sales of Wii U (which were not too far behind Xbox One the last time I checked)

>Ancestors are not the same thing as new fucking members of a company
It is the same phenomena for industries. When someone joins an industry they identify themselves as a third party video game dev. Third party devs and people who work at third party publishers are part of an industry which they will likely remain a part of for the rest of their lives unless they drop out of the industry and seek work elsewhere.

They have already heard things about other entities which were friendly to their in-group or oppositional to their in-group long before they even got their first job which color their perceptions, and it is only intensified when they are part of that industry. They read articles about how shitty things were for third parties under Nintendo and it shapes their impressions of Nintendo as in opposition to their group in the past. It takes a lot of effort to undo that kind of negative history because the stories still spread and new members still hear them. Some members are more malleable and will still give Nintendo chances to prove they are no longer like that, others will be more wary and others will not even want anything to do with them.

I only knew one person who had a N64 when I was a kid. The only game she had was Mario 64.

>VC
Wii VC is literally running on hardware because Wiiu pretty much have everything from wii, hell it can even play GC games.

Changing the architecture would require the VC use a emulator like every other game on VC.

>quantity
I bet you love Indie trash

>Generations and Mania are what the fans want
>Project 2017 which is looking to be a successor to Generations isn't because reasons
I see what you're doing

WiiU has been over for about 2 years.

This Gen was pathetic all-around. And with VR it will get even worse next gen as companies shit out thousands of uninspired first person games.

Due to 50/70% sales, or those weekend 1 dollar ones.

This is still reading like a conspiracy theory.

If these new members read articles about what Nintendo did in the past, they mostly realize it was 30 years and in the past and things have changed. The only people who would still give a fuck are the ones who were at the company at that point in time. The guy who put these policies into fruition is dead, and I'm pretty sure most third parties don't care anymore. Get over it.

>He thinks the gen will be iterated by the release of NX
Sorry bro but Nintendo isn't even in the same business as Sorny and MS. The video game industry has changed, not for the better. But most people acknowledge the change has come and it's senseless to deny it. Even the type of games on Nintendo consoles now are usually very different than the kinds one finds on PSbone4. Nintendo is still hanging on to the industry as it was in the past. But that industry is already dead and gone.

>Due to 50/70% sales
you know how many fucking games this gen got the "remastered" treatment from past gen to this gen??

hell PS4 best selling games is a remaster of last of us.

I really bet that if someone port a GTA game or elder scroll to Nintendo console, the shit is going sell well.

Because I don't really believe that a big third party game get affected by first party stuff. Unless the port is fucked up like retards always do, them they derisive.

But they going use it as excuse anyways.

well. its been 3-4 years Sony already revealed and overclocked PS4 and Microsoft already teased desert bug.

so yes. they know the only thing they can account for (not that console development has stagned for em since 5th gen) is power.
if they let Nintendo out done em on power and by some miracle go back with 3rd party. they now they are in for a lots of troubles, thats why they always try to counter it.

PXBONE were rushed earlier in response to WiiU.

at least Sony already admitted their flaws and gave up handheld market. that or are waiting to see what Nintendo does and how to copy or goes mobile

That's per week
im really having trouble believing that they sold over 3 million xbox 360s worldwide in a week; in 2016

You're a fag if you didn't find the Galaxy games fun. Better than the 22nd 2D Mario game.

>But that industry is already dead and gone.
Nintendo's games wouldn't still sell in the millions if that were true. Fucking hell when Splatoon sells more than your killer app on the Playstation 4 you need to rethink your business strategy

>despite the fact that plenty of people still like the Wii U
People 'liking' something is not enough to turn profits and stop corporation form dying.

>I really bet that if someone port a GTA game or elder scroll to Nintendo console, the shit is going sell well.
>Unless the port is fucked up like retards always do, them they derisive.

user, are you ok? Did you hurt yourself, or just the english language?

You know what? It doesn't seem 5 years to me. Seems like 2 or 3, sometimes I even forgot it exists.
Had to the fact, classic Sonic is the closest thing to Advance series. And there are fans that started with the 2d portable games
Reminds of the days when the waggle started, be the Kinects, Eyetoys, whatever. Then that shit died. then they tried with regular controllers, people didn't cared and died for sure. Now VR is in its very early stages but companies are trying to force that as big thing now and not in 5 years or so. They are really desperate to change something in gaming

Killer apps and exclusives are the thinking of that dead, vestigial industry. Multiplats are the sellers in the new industry. You won't see slatoon outselling Battlefield or CoD.

Nintendo needs to save the industry again.

Auto correct.

But well, a lot of "big" games on WiiU were bad ports or just some scraps of some stuff.

Fucking watch dogs got release 3 months later and on same week as smash. ME3 got released at full price despite other consoles getting the entire trilogy at discount.

And Fifa games being the same as wii/ps2 version.

Of course nobody is going buy a fucking bad port. But for sure it got good stuff Like Deus Ex and Most wanted 2012. But cons out weight the pros.

The industry needs to die. some of the current cemented practices are pure cancer.

>A game on multiple consoles sells more than one on a single console
What a fucking shocker

why? it was the definitive console of 7th generation.

Speaking of Deus Ex, is it worth buying or pirating the Wii U version, if one doesn't have the completed edition on PC or another console?

Like... Does the gamepad really enhance the game?

Don't worry, they'll invent even worse anti-consumer practices if it dies and revives, since all about them shekels

You're really misusing the term conspiracy theory. If it were a conspiracy it would be all the devs meeting in smoke filled rooms and saying "yeah let's fuck Nintendo." Instead it's the inverse--on an individual level, many people in that industry have decided independently of one another that Nintendo is negative towards their in-group due to the stories they have individually heard from many individuals who worked in the industry at that time.

Your view is that of an outsider to the industry, which you are, but you are trying to look at it from a reasonable point of view and can't imagine an in-group would still be hung up on events that happened 20-30 years ago--1985-1995. But if you look at the research on this matter or wonder why people in the modern south still fly confederate flags or identify with people from the civil war era, you may see that is unreasonable as well--that they should just get over it and think of themselves as unconnected with the south of the past. But that isn't what they do. Culturally, humans can hold grudges that far exceed their lifetimes. The culture they join is not exclusively one they are born into but also the one that they choose, by getting a job in field X or field Y.

The library was so small at the time that that was the best they could come up with. Is like GTA5.
I was thinking more about ps2 titles on the psn, specially with trophies

Deus Ex on Wii U is the best version (on console at least)

Its alright, gamepad add up the gameplay. If you didn't played it is pretty much a must.

MW2012 have higher quality assets and some DLC packs in the disk.

>at the time
they still comming, fucking Ubisoft is re-releasing Ass creed 2:brotherhood:revelations this holydays.

this gen has been soo poor games wise they are force porting last gen big wings to try to hide the lack of real new games.

if you take all the games release in the past year and remove anything that is a remake you will see gaps of even months in the release schedules

You guys should post at soundtrack central forums.The biggest Nintendo fan resides there.

Now you're just talking nonsense TBQH, you're an outsider as well

"Nintendo did this shitty thing 30 years ago to us, fuck Nintendo!"
"But that was 30 years ag-
"FUCK NINTENDO!"

Try telling that to Sony and MS and watch them laugh as they throw millions into exclusivity deals anyway.

Nintendo is not going to even try to outdo anyone on power. Probably the OC PS4 was in response to rumors of Desertbug. Xbone was just doing so badly for MS that they had to give up on it and try to do something to recapture market share. Sony decided to try to preemptively counter.

>they cannibalize their own sales
And yet Sony has won every generation it's been in. Clearly they've done something right.

>people still think Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft are the one running the industry.

right now. the ones that control the industry are Ea, Activision, Ubisoft and similar big wing publishers. as its THEIR GAMES what:
A) amount for the most sales
B) amount for hte most money
C) is the main factor to own or not a consoles (Exclusives are now 2nd place)

Nintendo is not playing ball with em, and so are denied 3rd party flavor of the month. that all the casuals like

Sony and Microsoft slowly but steady devolved to being the bitch of publisher. they whole consoles development process now works around how to make devs more lazy while sucking their corporate dicks. cause Sony and Microsoft KNOW that they cant survive out of 1st party alone

kek

Of course I'm an outsider, but I can use sociological analysis that has been done to try to understand why the devs would respond with "FUCK NINTENDO!" to something that happened from 1985 to 1995 and didn't involve them personally.

Most of the time they drop big marketing deals for the consoles. Bundles, Outdoors, a special place on their events etc.

Nintendo rarely make this kind of thing, unless they are moneyhatting the game or something. Directs have a place for this but it is entirely dependent of the publisher.

That's why Every publisher hates Nintendo.

Isn't about hardware or userbase, it is about money. Games make really big bucks nowdays, even more than movies.

Sony should be thanks full, as Microsoft stubborness to keep Xbox brand alive is the only thing that prevent 3rd party to actually think about going to Nintendo. hell, 360 is the only reason 3rd party choose to support PS3 + 360 rather than Wii

>And yet Sony has won every generation it's been in
>Sonyggers think last gen didn't exist again
Not only did Sony not win that gen, they lost all the fucking money the made the previous 2 gens on it. That's why Nintendo abandoned the Wii U, they didn't want to waste billions like Sony trying to save the failure that was the PS3's launch

So in other words, tinfoil hats

>watch them laugh as they throw millions into exclusivity deals anyway.
yeah. Exclusivity.

like Final Fantasy, or Nier, or Metal Gear??

hell. I ll laugh soo hard is Kojima new game is not actually 100% Ps4 exclusive

In other words, you're the one talking nonsense.

soundtrackcentral.com/super-mario-sunshine-gc/tp7558

Look guys. We need to discuss things here with the biggest Nintendo fan. I hear he's preparing to launch an aggressive campaign for a proper Mario game that destroys all galaxy lovers on Neogaf.

Not really

Well yeah, Ninty is going to just skip ahead to gen 9 so they can get a market going. Good decision on their part, WiiU was a mistake.

This is your last (You) from me. Enjoy ignorance.

this is a strategy to prime a user install base by starving them of one Nintendo console for the next.

There is no way NX can sell more than Wii U without third party support. There is no way Nintendo can get third party support. It's over.

If it's a handheld like the rumors say it will, because Japs eat that shit up

Stop being a DOOMED faggot

>There is no way Nintendo can get third party support
they can make the current standard poor man PC x86.
getting 3rd party support its easy.

getting 3rd party support while not being a carbon copy at the same time. that is the challenge.

Hontou wa... Nintendo NX is my ideal console due to Precure Musou coming to it. Please buy it!!

they sold about 85 million xbox 360s all time

if this chart is in thousands then in one week, the PS vita sold over 23 million units, about a fourth of what the xbox 360 has sold all time

Any word on voice chat for NX?

>Everyone is pushing into VR and "4K" to scam retards.
>Nintendo isn't interested on the damn gimmick.

I'm in the fucking bizzaro world?

I'd kill for a Nier PS4 remaster, Automata is coming out on both PS4 and PC, right?

What are the chances of it running at 144hz on PC? I'll get it on PS4 if the PC version is only 60.

It's ok. It was bound to happen.

Nobody can deny how badly the Wii U sold and how much most people hate it for that. I am the first one admitting Nintendo's terrible fuck ups with it.
But I don't mind, I love my Wii U. I passed 3 fantastic years with it. I am an idort, so I didn't own only the Wii U and yet I played more time on it than on my PC.
I played on my bed with off tv play, I scribbled shit on miiverse and I enjoyed the small yet packed library. Hell, I still have some games left to purchase, like Kirby.
Plus, Wii backwards compatibility allows me to play the massive Wii backlog I have. And when Nintendo will stop updating it, I'll hack it and install homebrew, so I'll be able to play GC games and make it my home emulation box.

Despite everything, despite what people says and will say, I love my Wii U. Goodnight sweet prince.

When your console is just a multiplat machine, you can't sell it on anything else but buzzwords and gimmicks. Think about it, if Sony and MS both had conferences just showing off games, they'd just show mostly multiplats. What would be their advantage? instead they have to try something new in the tech of the console

lets clarify: Nintendo needs western third party support. No ducking last Gen ports.

Wii U was a piece of shit, but I still liked it better than Wii because of the atrocious motion controls.

>I've slept all night and there is still none who can even name 5 worthwhile ps4 games

Lmao

>ou can't sell it on anything else but buzzwords and gimmick
no gimmick just buzzwords

PS4 whole marketing campaign was: 1080 60 FPS IS NOT THE XBONES!!!

and 3 years later, you can count in 1 hand native (not remakes) games that are actually 1080 60 FPS.

That's because devs have the freedom to not make the game 1080p 60fps and instead add a ton of filtering, detail and effects and go for 30 fps with drops. Which is what they will always do. Because 60 fps just doesn't sell.

The early success of the PS3 was mostly the inertia from the PS2, but even so, it took up to 2012 to be a decent competitor of the 360.
And 4 success could be mostly due to the Bone shooting its own leg when they announced it, because the PS4 on launch did pretty much the same stuff the PS3 did, or worse because they started to charge for multiplayer.

As much as I love the PS Brand, the last two gens were a result of how good the two previous gens were and the inability of the competitors to step up.

Must be nice to win a race by not participating.

Still funny how they killed Devils third, which definitely could have benefitted from the gyro support. The game has some really nifty game modes. Just needs a bit better aiming. Maybe they can rename it something else and get rid of the main character and sell it again.

IT WAS A JOKE GAHL

Everyone shat on Wii back, saying that is going bomb or is going be something to be forgotten right off the bat.

And You know the story.

I think that ego gets too much strong when companies have that kind of thing.

Fucking PSN is paid despite a lot of games being P2P, because they need connect to the damn psn servers somehow.

>Everyone shat on Wii back, saying that is going bomb or is going be something to be forgotten right off the bat.
And then, MS and Sony tried to imitate wagglan controls, kek

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

With all of the delays, it only got 2 real years of support. I remember waiting 3-4 months between each big Wii U release.

Will you be buying an NX Cred Forums?

They also reacted somewhat fast to WiiU, hence why this console gen is shit. Because shit was rushed.

They tried push more remote play/smartglass, but since off screen play didn't catch on, they pretty much act like nothing happened.

Nintendo is pretty much the one that gives the cards for consoles.

Probably.

If it has a 2D Metroid, yes
If it doesn't, no

So IOW, no

I'll buy it if it's not region locked, has games and those games are not censored.

So unlikely.

They need more than that. Better marketting, cheaper prices in their games after 1 year and more in 2 years, better online system, stop with gimmicks.
Even their games aren't as good as before. Its missing something... probably more content and not kiddyfying the games too much would help. For some reason the last nintendo game I always recall as actually great is one of the Galaxy games
More like the last 2 gens in general weren't that great and games are kinda stagnating. Many games look-alike and have way too much cutscenes. I mean, watching for 20 minutes straight a cutscene just to say "we need to go there" or "this guy is the badguy and we need to defeat him because is mindfucked", really?

Move was so much fucking better than the ancient technology Nintendo used with the Wii.

Ofc Nintendo fanboys will deny and call it a shit copy but Move in some games was legit fantastic

>Killzone and le ebin sports

I hope it ressurects with PSVR

If it looks good sure

God, imagine if Sony took an extra year to get the PS4, or even 2 we would start the gen with Pro directly, and the difference between gens would be what people expected.

Sony Rided the 2nd screen wave for a year, only to experience that it didn't pick up in the WiiU either

This last gen was pure reactionary, even the upcoming revisions and VR shit is pure reactionary

No point to buy at launch, since Nintendo pushes out multiple hardware revisions after Iwata took over. Even Wii U had basic white and the now standard black, with likely some kind of tweaks with later models to help the systems not easily break

I really just don't care to test new hardware, just to have a newer version come out later on.

Well Move released like 3/4 years later so I sure as fuck would expect it to be better then the Wii mote

Doesnt change the fact that all Move software was ass

Wiimote issues got solved with motion plus. But Nintendo didn't wanted ship the damn thing right off the release.

But Wiimote isn't something to shove on every game possible, it's good to keep for something that needs a pointer.

>Doesnt change the fact that all Move software was ass

He never played ping-pong with his drunk ass friends

>Move was so much fucking better than the ancient technology Nintendo used with the Wii.

It was a light bulb tracker, my cat was better at following the move than the PS Eye.

I want VR too, but I'm not blind to Sony's past experience with gimmick accesories.

the white and black Wii U launched at the same time. White had 8GB hard drive and black had 32 GB.

My thoughts exactly. It's been a good run for the WiiU as far as I'm concerned. Had a great time with it and still got plenty to play on it.

Nintendo didn't handled the damn Wii something games to a random ass devs, they literally worked with a proper dev staff on the damn thing.

Hell they even hire people to help on Wii Fit stuff.

I still don't know why people thinks that the game is some kind of shovelware made by some nobody staff.

this is what has kept me from buying a 3ds, every week another iteration comes out

White wii u was a really shitty move by Nintendo.

Despite that wall of butthurt, yeah.

There's really nothing in that image that pisses me off. I can't imagine why a good chunk of it pisses ANYONE off.

>ugh omg how could you guys possibly care about something that I don't care about like ugh

Because most of them play really badly, though mostly out of the limitations of the controller hardware.

Yes, that's what I said.

Sometimes, user, some people will be upset about something that doesn't faze you, and you'll find it totally baffling why anyone cares.

Surely you have had this experience from time to time?

>It was a light bulb tracker, my cat was better at following the move than the PS Eye.

I never saw someone complaining about Move not being tracked correctly.

>It's been a good run for the WiiU as far as I'm concerned.
196 retail games released

The Wii U has the worst library for any Nintendo console aside from the Virtual Boy.

You talk like this gen got like a goldmine of games.

Most games coming right now are remasters or ports from old gen. Hell, ps4 library is padded with vita ports.

This entire gen is shit.

Here you have a 2 Move controller owner, with the sweet Sharpshooter complaining, user.
Good thing about VR is not having to buy the Move again, but I hate not being able to use the PS Eye

Except for Rail Shooters, PS Move was pretty much terrible compared to Wii wagglan with Wii Plus

Wii U was practically Virtual Boy 2.0

Who cares?

>You talk like this gen got like a goldmine of games.
Not at all. But that doesn't make Wii U good just because everything is shit

So when the fuck is Tokyo Mirage Sessions coming to another console then?

kid want COOL features these days, like wagglan, screen controllers, and numbers you have to memorize for online-multiplayer

Never, it going cost a leg just like GC/Wii FE games.

Enjoy.

They're stopping production of the console before Breath of the Wild is out.
BotW NX confirmed superior version. Get over it Wii U cucks.

emulator when

I own around 40 games for the system, including both digital Nindies and retail games, that cater to my tastes. I've also got a backlog of Wii games to play on it. Just as said, I'd agree that Nintendo fucked up with the WiiU in many ways. But I've had a blast with it and will continue to do so while I play other systems too.

I'm pretty happy with the Wii U, I got hundreds of hours of Monster Hunter out of it, plus NES remixes, co-op Hyrule Warriors, Smash 4 and some mario games (don't really care about those desu). Only thing I missed was a proper Animal Crossing game.

It certainly has more decent games than the xbone. I'd like it more than my ps4 except PS4 got bloodborne which is worth like 50 regular games

>I own around 40 games for the system
Just because you'll buy garbage like ZombiU, Sonic Lost World, amiibo Festival, Captain Toad, and Fast Racing Neo doesn't mean the Wii U has good games.

>people actually bought NES remix
were you just desperate for something to play or what?

you don't like NES games? you're probably like 14 and don't know what a NES is

Thats a cute anime girl

Infact shes so cute i would marry her

>paying $50 for "Challenge" versions of old 8-bit games you've already bought multiple times
these are the same fags who laugh at people who played TLOU remastered and Gravity Rush remastered

NES remix is $10

there's 2 of them and also a retail version
plus the 3DS one

>not even 4 years old
>already dead

And the last year has been really dry on games because everyone is focusing on the NX now.

Not like that will last either.

They are doing that, in a way. Thing is they will never drop their portable marketshare since it's their biggest. But they are focussing all of their development on a single platform so there's that.

im gonna miss the wiiu

why would you buy the 3DS version when you already have it on a glorious full screen television and comfy controller for less than the price of lunch?

anyway, the challenges don't really play like the original games, your goals are so different and the scenarios carefully constructed, with lots of variety. It's a whole new experience compared to just playing the old game through

>comfy controller
are you talking about the gamepad?

>We will never do DLC
>We will never make mobile games
>Star Fox U eill be a good game

Nintendo does nothing but lie

I mean these are the same people that made you buy more RAM for your console, and the same people that wanted to internationally ban videogame rentals the aame way they did in Japan

Wii U : You are the move you make.

>afraid of arabic language
I thought people were afraid of explosions, runaway trucks and mass murder, not the crazy shit the mudslimes were saying while doing that.

>Wii
>99% of the library is shovelware

>Wii U

>NDS

>3DS

Guess.

>NDS
More like 90% of the library was shovelware, and that remaining 10% was substantial.

Name a console where 99% of the library isn't shovelware and I'll show you a console with zero third-party support.

The more successful a system is the more shit is on it.

And a good day to you too, son.

Problem is, the shovelware also replaces practically all third parties in this case.

Bought a 2DS to pirate it, and there's nothing but Nintendo 1sts and shit like Monster Hunter or Fire Emblem.

>Fuck you nintendo, I hope it flops,

Uneducated, childish moron.

>game rentals banned in Japan
So Japs are able to outjew jews?

Real talk: a company like Nintendo with few other areas of diversification cannot afford to support a console after it moves on to the next console.

REEEEEEEEEEE SU FAG

Yeah I knew you bought shovelware lmao
You probably bought Devil's Third too
Why do Wii U fags have such low standards?

If the NX is backwards compatible, I'm going to be pretty sore if they don't offer cross-buy for my digital shit.

So, does this mean that Wii Us are about to be expensive as fuck, and I need to get one ASAP?

>ZombiU
Honestly, it's mediocre but at least it tries. Sad that a third party launch title, from Ubisoft of all places, managed to use the gamepad in more creative ways than most Nintendo titles.

It's going to be a long time before they become "expensive as fuck." It's not in high demand in the least, user.

tsk-tsk *holding my trusty katana* you actually wanted to badmouth nintendo huh
*put sword back in the holster* ill show you what we do to sonyggers around here *prepare pose*
*draw sword and teleport behind you* may the seven stars and midna have mercy on your soul *you blow into million pieces* heh kid this world is kill or be killed

I think I would've liked ZombiU more if I didn't pay $45 for it

Oh, good. I don't really have the money right now anyway.

wii u is the real dreamcast 2. give it 5-10 years and will be the most respected console

>give it 5-10 years and will be the most respected console
imagine being this delusional

At this point I'd just wait and see if this "NX" is backwards compatible. You might as well if you're willing to spring a few hundred on a new system anyways.

Got Devil's Third cheap, enjoyed it for what it was; a 2009 game released in 2015. Didn't pick up Amiibo Festival or Captain Toad, although planning on getting the latter when it drops below 20 bones.

>one packed to the gills with ports of classic arcade games
>the other packed to the gills with nothing
I want NintendoGAF to leave.

Cred Forums is precisely this contrarian.

Well at least you didn't try to pretend its a good game.
I've had WiiUcucks tell me to "git gud" after saying Devil's Third is garbage

Reminder that stores still sell PS3s.
where were you when WiiU completely got BTFO?

How is it contrarian to dislike the least popular console of the previous generation?

PS4 tops software sales every month for the past 2 years. Would be 3 but they missed a month in that 3rd one.

Means majority of games being bought are bought on PS4.

They said the DS wouldn't replace the GBA too, that it would also become their "third pillar".

You read that the exact opposite as intended. I'm saying Cred Forums will hail the Wii-U as an amazing console given enough time.

>Ps3 will still have releases until 2017 february at least
>Ps Vita has releases lined up until late 2017
>Wii U is out of production

>people is saying 299 is expensive for WiiU

>But bought all that bullshit involved with the PS4 + the pricetag and say its cheap

and lets not forget the 10,000+ launch PS4s that broke down the lies about it being able to do 1080p or 60fps, forcing owners to rebuy it again.

This is some abstract kind of shitposting or immaturity for the fact they bought a console with lack of games and can't afford to get a another console.

You decide

>enjoyed it for what it was; a 2009 game released in 2015
You mean a shitty 2009 game released in 2015.

it's pretty much guaranteed. the system has a few gems that will be remembered fondly and recommended

>>people is saying 299 is expensive for WiiU
It is expensive because the hardware is not worth the price and the library is subpar
doesn't even have 10 exclusives worth playing

You guys keep shitposting about the wiiU but nobody could dare say why the PS4, this gen, is the greatest thing since PS2.

>one fuckup isn't going to kill them
>one fuckup

They're only still in the game because of one random success.

By no means does it hold up next to games released around the same time. No game that's been in development hell for that long and switched game engines so many times would. It was clear as day that it was a game that missed its window of opportunity and would lack polish upon its eventual release. I figured all this before I even touched it though, so kept that mindset and enjoyed it regardless of its issues.

why don't you post the profit graph instead? that's the one that actually matters to them as a business. that's where nintendo is king, as usual

Well PS4 is actually worth the money. You can't even use Netflix on the Wii U without using that atrocious game pad that's half the Wii U's cost. The whole console is a generation behind everything else.

I don't have much faith in the NX, and it makes me nervous that Nintendo hasn't said anything about it yet, and it's supposed to release early next year.

actually it is, especially for the launch price of the orignal PS4 and the false advertising

>the library is subpar
Better than PS4s and yes it does have 10 exclusives worth owning

these are the only exclusives worth owning on Wii U.

For a PS4 board there sure is alot of shittalk about ´Nintendo. Why does anyone care about that company again?

If this was 2008, maybe.

Can we get a version of this with every green scored game on each system? Nintendofags can't cry "WE HAVE THE BEST EXCLUSIVES" when that's all they have.

Ubisoft, EA and Activision literally pledge 3rd party support and make up the ONLY 3rd PARTY SUPPORT NINTENDO HAS outside of stuff they paid for every fucking gen.

Ubisoft literally dumps out new games for Nintendos consoles every gen start, they only stay if the console actually sells.

They supported the Wii U more than Nintendo did.

But what makes the PS4 worth the money.

May I remind you you are on a videogame board talking about videogame consoles

>PS4 board

Miyamoto is paying Redditors to shill them here.

It's okay, the PC version is still up as Nintendo has nothing to do with it,

>If this was 2008

How you could be this un-informed is amazing.

Sony had remote play on Vita before the Wii U was even announced though.

>Cherry picking

Its not cherry picked

Move was patetened and prototyped for the PS2 along with the Eyetoy. They went with the Eyetoy first and it bombed so they shelved it until the Wii was popular.

Lots of games superior hardware. Not just exclusives, but more often than not the best multiplat options. And yes, multiplats are important. A lot of people just want to play their yearly CoD and are content with that, and the Wii U isn't even considered by the majority of people who play games.

It's not really shitposting, my opinions on the system are pretty frank. Needs at least double the first-party support that it actually got. Where is my Wii-U Metroid? My Wii-U Zelda? How about a Wii-U Pokemon, I don't care if it's mainline or not. I personally want a fucking Wii-U F-Zero but I won't pretend that's Nintendo's real ace in the hole.

Yes, because the other games aren't good. The mario titles are derivative as fuck. They could at least try to be different from the fucking DS title made years ago.

>Sonyfags can't cry "WE HAVE THE BEST THIRD PARTY" when that's all they have to share with PC.

ftfy

And if you haven't realized it yet, exclusives are the only reason to own a console, which it still baffles me seeing the PS4 sell as much as it did seein how it had no games and still has no games.

>My Wii-U Zelda?
Its coming in 2015
Whoops we mean 2016
whoops we mean 2017
oh btw the definitive version will be on NX, buy our new console if you want the true experience

>I personally want a fucking Wii-U F-Zero but I won't pretend that's Nintendo's real ace in the hole.

Even after star fox zero?

Okay

try again

Why does Wii U have a shit ton of multiplats on there's?

>Zombi U
>Lego CITY
>Monster Hunter 3
>Wind Waker
>Hyrule Warriors
>Smash Bros 4

>which it still baffles me seeing the PS4 sell as much as it did
Casuals don't play games on pc. They need a machine in the living room for call of duty and Ass Creed. People like you are the minority user.

Software sales for the past 2 years have been topped by PS4, so it clearly does have games, as most video game software in the market is bought for the PS4.

what the fuck are you even saying retard?

Maybe the prices of this thing will start going down so I can finally play Bayonetta 2.

source because I need a laugh, especially when their earnings are posted on the Nintendo bussiness site of how much money the WiiU made back

I've only played a little and my conclusion is it's not as bad as people say. But it's also not as beautifully streamlined as SF64.

It doesn't justify owning the system to me, even as a fan of the series. Thankfully I have Splatoon and Smash Bros. But my plate still feels pretty empty.

You first.

It's an old image.

Why ps4 lists are allowed to post ps3/vita/ps4 multiplats and Wii U not?

>Zombi, available on PC, Xbone and PS4
>LEGO City Undercover, available on PC
>Hyrule Warrios, available on 3DS
>Smahs Bros 4, available on the 3DS

I'd give you Wind Waker and MonHun3 but these lists always discount PS4/Xbone remakes or upgrades, so they shouldn't count too.

>Reminder that stores still sell PS3s
that just means sony knows the ps4 is shit compared to it

That list has not multiplats or upgrades for the PS4, only for the Wii U.

Ill give you Zombi U and windwaker but everything else is WiiU

see

>filename

Yeah, in a universe where once you profit you get to keep that money forever and future expenditures for development, research, production and marketing just magically appear out of nowhere.

>posting outdated charts that end 2013
Note that Sonys graph is inaccurate due to netbooks getting included.

A division that flopped hard.

And Nintendo did worse than expect during the last years.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-12-02/nintendo-seen-missing-target-as-sony-microsoft-sales-dwarf-wii-u
theverge.com/2016/7/27/12294482/nintendo-earnings-q1-2016
destructoid.com/nintendo-posts-loss-of-229-million-misses-wii-u-projections-274444.phtml

No. HW and Smash are on 3DS, and LEGO City is on the PC.

Iam not the one who made the half assed replies.
Post legitimate reason why you cherry picked just those games and ignored the others

>exclusives are the only reason to own a console
This attitude is why Nintendo will go the way of SEGA by 2025.

filename is based on argument sonyfanboys like to toss around

That sales mean everything and profits dont matter as long as your favorite console sells the most

Because those are the only good ones.
Captain Toad is shovelware.
Hyrule Warriors has its definitive version on 3DS.
3D World is mediocre.
Woolly World isn't exclusive.
Smash isn't exclusive.
Mario Maker is a $60 level editor, you can't really call that a good game.
Rainbow Curse is shovelware.
I'm not going to count the Zelda remasters for obvious reasons.
Feel free to post any that I missed.
inb4 shovelware like ZombiU and Fast Racing Neo.

if a game console has monster hunter, I will buy it
if it does not have monster hunter, I will not buy it
end of the rine

>>posting outdated charts that end 2013
>Profit and money gain and stored in the bank overtime is outdated

>Note that Sonys graph is inaccurate due to netbooks getting included.
This is as a total for the whole company because if you just used the videogame division it would be embarrassing for Sony

>A division that flopped hard.
No division flopped hard

And Nintendo did worse than expect during the last years.

>nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/annual/index.html

Why Lie?

Just to let you know Lego City is not on PC and Smash Bros 4 is almost completely different from the Wii U version

>Smash Bros 4 is almost completely different from the Wii U version
>muh Smash Tour that everyone hates
>muh 8-player clusterfuck mode
>muh stage bosses that everyone hates
The roster is the same between versions. Thats the only thing 95% of players care about. Get over it.

same logic I use

Why did I even ask if you was going to just say Cred Forums list of most overused buzzwords

>shovelware like ZombiU and Fast Racing Neo.

Did you own a Wii?

Have you played the Hello Kitty Kart Racer game?

SHOVELWARE XD

Doesn't change the facts it's different in almost every way besides the roster

Fuck off retard. How is saying "its not exclusive" a fucking buzzword. God I hate you fucking Wii U apologists so much. >Have you played the Hello Kitty Kart Racer game?
No.

oh wow it has some garbage single player content that no one cares about and a shitty party mode that no one plays
Amazing

>Nintendo's stable of IPs gives them THE strongest lineup of exclusives
>they don't deign to compete with Microsoft and Sony despite this
Is Nintendo allergic to success or something? If they put out a console of comparative power in a comparative timeframe and chased multiplats they would be the de facto console like they were in the 1980s.

Hyrule Warriors runs like ass on even the New3DS though, and most of its content is also available on the WiiU.

Mario Maker is getting its definitive version on the 3DS, so there's no reason to get it on the WiiU.

Fast Racing Neo is actually good, the problem is it had a slew of bugs that needed to be ironed out. To my knowledge, it's all been patched by now.

>Goalpost moving

>Lego City Undercover available on PC
what the fuck, when did this misconception break out?

>most of its content is also available on the WiiU.
It has an entire campaign and some characters that are not coming to the Wii U version
As well as gameplay mechanics like warping and switching characters mid-battle
It doesn't even take a dip in enemy count on New 3DS. Yeah muh graphix look worse but thats it.
Legends is the definitive version of HW.

if you own a 3DS there's no reason to buy a Wii U.

I think you replied to the wrong person m8

>entire campaign
map != campaign
>warping
because the 3DS can't handle running.
>swapping
there's 1 thing
>enemy count
it does take a dip on the 3DS though, and I have yet to see anyone show me otherwise. All I've ever heard is that it's fine and I should just trust people, yet no one has been able to prove it. I'm guessing either it can't or it does with massive frame drops.

B-B-B-But who cares about content? Grafics is ALL that matters, my PC told me so!

Next time refresh before you post, that way you don't look like an idiot when you get BTFO by 12 seconds.

Ditto. That's why I have a 3DS which I would've eventually bought anyway because dat library

What, so you could complain about grafics and purrformance some more?

Did you know that graphics actually don't matter

zeldainformer.com/exclusives/hyrule-warriors-legends-review-its-better-than-the-wii-u-game
It also has all the DLC from the Wii U version, for $40

>Did you know that graphics actually don't matter
Did you know performance does? I don't give a fuck if the game is made of ASCII but if it can't handle more than 20 objects on the screen at once then it's an inferior version.

>Check list of Wii U games released this year
>trillions of indie shovelware title on Steam Greenlight level
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE
>Sonic & Mario Olympics
>Mighty Nr.9
>StarFox Zero
>Pokken
>HD Zelda

>www.zeldainformer.com
That site is surely a bastion of journalistic integrity and not at all inclined to suck Nindendo's dick.

>Just trust me guise, I don't have footage though, but you believe me rite?
what a great article, and from such a trustworthy site, to boot.

Get over it assmad WiiUcuck.
You mad that you're losing all your exclusives to the 3DS?

Same shit. Name one good game which has 200 enemies on screen at all times.

Okay then. I got my share of fun with the Wii U since it had a bunch of games I enjoyed.

Lets see if they can put a solid amount of titles that interest me on the NX so I will purchase it.

Man this line of thinking must be absolute poison to Cred Forums

>I got BTFO so I resort to sonygger-tier shitposting
top kek. If you're that anally devastated about the WiiU version being better, why would you come into a thread about it when you can just hide it and wallow in your delusion?

The Wii U version isn't better. It will never be getting some of the Legends content. You paid $60 + dlc prices for the Wii U HW, while 3DS owners paid $40 and got all the DLC for free plus some extra shit you'll never get.
Stay mad.

The WiiU version :^) Also nice moving goalposts. Just show me the footage and I will admit the WiiU version is inferior since the performance is the same on both systems. All you have to do is find me this fabled footage and you will WIN the internet argument! Why don't you go ahead and take a stab at it, maybe you'll get lucky.

RIP Wii U, at least you gave us a glorious version of Bayonetta and the Wonderful 101.

BTW what the fuck happens when our Wii U Controllers break? Are we shit out of luck?

>cant handle more than 20 objects on screen at a time
>better
pick one and only one.
also
>implying I paid a dime for any of it
PFFFT, hahahahahahahaha.

>240p turd with pixelated as fuck graphics running at a staggering 18 fps
>it's better than the Wii U version!

Do these idiots have no shame?

>muh graphix :(((

>muh fps :(((

They're in this very thread shilling it.
>b-but muh meaningless amiibo-tier addon content ;_;

What in the fuck I was gonna pick one up

>Nintendo has shitty hardware
More news at 11

Hey the new maps are good

Why tho

get on on the cheap, enable piracy, have fun.
>inb4 but I dunno how to pirate

Do it now, if you must, or wait for NX news on backwards compatability like the rest of us

>characters and maps
>amiibo-tier add on
Wii U apologists truly are delusional

Worst console OF ALL TIME

The Wii U version, on a Nintendo console, is fine. The 3DS version, on a Nintendo handheld, is not.

Hey, that's too far.
Its better than the Virtual Boy.

>actually admitting it's amiibo tier content
I'm glad you agree with me? Why are you even replying at this point if you're just going to affirm everything I post?

just

Lol no.

Have you forgotten the Xbox one

How the hell are characters and an entire adventure map "amiibo-tier"?

Here's the last (You), keep reaching for those grapes

so if I have a wii u does that mean I'm screwed out of games once the NX comes out?

jesus christ what a blunder that was. How do you go from the most popular dudebro machine with the 360 to being reviled by everyone? it's a rhetorical question, we all remember that disaster of a reveal - if you want an offline console, buy a 360

>projecting that hard
keep reaching for those frames, maybe one day you'll have a handheld that can do better than sub-20

Nigga you were screwed out of games when they released PS3/360 tier hardware in 2013.

Did you actually expect there to be more Wii U games after Zelda?

>implying i will ever fall for Nintendo tricks after 2015

They digged their own grave.

You were screwed when they started releasing games 3-4 years after they announced them at launch.