Can we get a rank thread going?

Can we get a rank thread going?

How are you doing? Struggling with comp?

How bad your team mates fuck you over?

Bitch here.

Other urls found in this thread:

overbuff.com/players/pc/ajtpak-1145?mode=competitive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Im at 2300. Is that the average?

Go to masteroverwatch or overbuff and see where you are.

If you're on the 40-60% yeah you're average.

can't get past 2600

>tfw stuck at 2400ish

The game refuses to let me get to 2500 by giving me the most retarded teams who don't communicate

I play with a friend and half the time we get queued with a second pair while the other team has 4 in one group which is totally fair guiz

Last game I got was some mexican McCree who kept complaining that he wasn't getting heals and just kept dying before any healer could do anything, also he hates ana

>How bad are your team mates fucking you over

Yes it's always someone else's fault

It's one of the most common complains.

Sometimes you do get a blatant troll going torb on attack...

Does losing just remove more points than winning awards? It always seems like losing 3-4 games puts you down at least 6 wins

I'm trying to recall which makes you lose more points. Losing a close game or getting steamrolled because your team is retarded

Recently pulled my ass out of gold. It was extremely tough, but damn does it feel good. I'm about half way through to the next rank now.

Stuck at 2750 after a nice run, got tilted by an Ana that would nanoboost our McCree instead of our Reinhardt, done for tonight

If you get a winning streak of 3+ you start getting 45+ rank automatically.

if you lose more than what you win yes, you lose more rank.

Probably a mistake, was it more than once?

>torb on attack
>hanzo on attack
>widow on attack
>healer that doesn't heal
>my fault
spoken like a true shitter my friend

Yes, more than once. There were in queue together, Reinhardt and I were solo queue

I tried to get the team to turn on their mics, but that didn't work either, got 3-0'd

A real tilter

Seriously? I mean even if you don't communicate that's fucking retarded.

>Do placements
>Play nothing but support because I was afraid of dragging the team down
>Get matched with decent teammates
>Win 8/10

I don't feel like I deserved this rank but I will take it.

all solo q

stopped playing because I hate how bad the quality of games are, every game there's always tons of groups, i want fucking 6 solo q vs 6 solo q

It makes statistical sense. 1 person trolling or being shit is all it needs to ruin a game, and affects 5 other players. So a small troll population can affect a large amounts of players

A nice Hanzo player, you're rare dude.

>playing with golds
>someone on the other team is diamond

It's probably a shitty diamond that got back to gold.

You don't lose the icon.

He was grouped with 3 other people

I know, that single match drained me, it was such a bad team comp

What hero can I play that is 100% retard proof? Where I can even reward my teammates for running in alone?

Top 78%? This cant be right, im a shitter and play against shitters

That's what kinda sucks about OW. You can't really carry.

Rein is a safe bet but not retard-proof.

You'll see idiots not getting behind shield and the enemy is going to break your shield within seconds while your team just stares at the enemy rein shield.

That's pretty accurate dude.

The lower the number the better. The higher... well that's bad.

Probably that one service where some pro carries you to the rank you want.

Jesus. 2,700 is the top 25%? That's surprising as fuck, but I'll take it

The only 100% retard proof character is Lucio. Close ones are Zenyatta and Zarya.

You'd be surprised how many people struggle to get past 2500.

Ah, the better you are, the lower the percent is? I tought about it the wrong

>play ranked
>2 people leave match after the first minute
>they were grouped together
>big red message on screen for the rest of the match

off to a great start

>lost 300 points in one day because every fucking team kept choosing nothing but attack and snipers except me

That's correct.

Goddamn i am average as fuck.

Well, at least got some room to improve

currently at 2569 my highest so far was 2640, gaining some rank and loosing some yfw? trying to get better at this game, I've had a lot of fun with this game more so than any other blizzard game or any game for that matter. currently saving my money to buy a better rig so I can be true master race.
>tfw my graphics card broke over a year ago but I want to pursue my dreams
;_;

Someone save me pls. playing support in comp is pure suffering.

>Finish placement matches
>Place in upper Platinum
>About 2 wins away from Diamond
>Go on fuckhuge losing streak
>Realise around mid-gold it might be time to call it quits
>Haven't touched the game in 2 weeks

Who /soloqueue/ here?

>top percentile healing, resurrects, objective time per minute
>16.7% winrate
Poor fucker

>my face when I'm literally, objectively a better player than 99.9% of the people who post on Cred Forums.com

:3

stroke my epeen

>team mate blue screens
>essentially down a player
>game refuses to kick him or end the match for 10 minutes despite his character not even being on the map

Welcome to the diamond club my man.

I stopped giving a fuck about team comp and just instapick Mei after I dropped to 2600. Got some pretty good result so far, despite me having not much experience as her.

depends how much you play in groups and how big they are is and what heroes you play

i peaked like top 100 in first season but already quit the game lel, lost faith in blizzard ever fixing group stacks and adding solo/duo q maximum

>guy asks if anyone has a mic
>don't say anything
>I had a mic the whole time

Check overbuff.
Their ratings seem to be much harsher (accurate).

Well, this is what I have there. I really love playing support but I simply can't do it when my team is fucking useless and I'm pretty terrible at everything else except tanking.

90% solo queue, games are actually easier and more fair at higher levels since everyone is doing their job

solo rank 78 last season not even diamond this season

i dont understand, i had no problem climbing last season, but this is the worst shit ever, theres more people using mics, but theres also 2-3 people arguing every single game where there wasnt before

>Placed at 2386
>Currently 1991

Solo is a wild ride.

anyone else here get to diamond without team chat? fucking hate voice chat in games. you smelly nerds have literally nothing useful to say to me. just pay attention and you'll be okay. got to dmg in csgo few years ago doing the same.

Damn dude. You fell all the way down to silver? You aren't doing well

Use voice chat you fucking faggot. In high plat and above (2700 or so) you'll see everyone on team chat. Most of the time people will only use voice when communicating something that needs to be said quick (flanker attacking a healer, shot calls, etc).

CSGO you can mute everyone and do fine if you're good enough. The potential to carry in CS is a lot higher than in OW, so a lot less teamwork is required. I got to somewhere near supreme just talking to the person I duo queued with (though I stopped playing CS because of how many problems the game had with valve's lack of response. They just released an absolutely necessary beta client like 2 weeks ago).

I've definitely noticed a difference in teammate quality in terms of people who talk versus those who don't. If they are talking about the match, they're usually at least okay, but if they're trying to make friends or meme they're almost always shit. Silent people tend to be good to great. Most of my placements were silent or minimum talking and my teammate quality was excellent. I almost thought you guys were just bad, complaining about teammates sucking, but I have now seen and heard some fucking shit, like have you ever used your keyboard before tier shit.

Dropped to 1600ish. Made it to 1900 last night, then dropped to 1800. Play Reaper, Zen, Zarya, Junkrat, and lucio.

Any help? Trying to solo q back up. Highest I got was 2200ish

there's no reason to. i'm going to do my part just do yours and we'll be fine. i'm going to pick zarya soldier or zen and do well just don't fuck everything up. voice chat is retarded because people use it to say shit i don't care about or have fucking headsets with shitty mics or tvs in the background. the first time i joined voice chat was yesterday on accident and there was some nerds role playing.

Play rein, you literally get lots of rank if you win and you get penalized the least if you lose.

Been ok, Been stuck between 3000-3100 for weeks now. Have both good luck and bad luck. Last game I had someone who said "Give me mcree" and then proceeded to purposely lose us the game. How are these people even in Diamond?

was on a winning streak after getting my rank in plat (2555?), got super close to diamond (2991) but now I'm back down to 2733 on a losing streak.

been mostly playing support w/ lucio

Yeah, next season I'll try to queue with friends. I'll just ride this one out for now and most likely will settle with my current season high.

>exact same rank as me
neat
Good job and keep climbing my nigga

Will do.

This is my record btw.

Am I doing it Wright?

Cant break 3k. Ive been sitting around 2950~ for a while now. I was at 2999 but then lost 2 games in a row.

My peak was about 2800 but been dancing around 2500 for the past couple of weeks because of either constant losing streaks or constant win streaks. Its partly because the friend I always play with is kind of a shitter most of the time but mostly its because Blizz forces a 50% win/loss ratio.

Adding to this

>"need one more tank and support"
>2 remaining players go mei/hanzo
>attack

please tell me this meme ends in diamond, I carried myself out of gold by instalocking reaper. Mei and Hanzo players are the lowlives of this game

Also top 3 post Em

Im constantly hovering around 2350-2450. i literally cannot break out of this and hit a higher level.

a fucking monkey could get a higher rank in this game but im stuck here.... i should probably off myself.

>get a full group
>we all have mics
>mention no one is using them
>Literally only one other guy decides to talk with his mic besides me

I fucking hate this.

Also >Your healer (lucio) sometimes goes AFK in the middle of the match

It's the fucking worst.

If you are consistently getting stuck in the teens it means that you must be lacking some fundamental understanding of the game. They are fantastic heroes for climbing , but if you can't aim well, stop playing Zen and Zarya. Succeeding with Junkrat requires you to have good knowledge of key map points and how to exploit them and it's very likely you don't have that. If you need to tank, play Rein, although at that low rank you might have trouble getting your team to actually stay with you. Lucio and Reaper are also very good picks for being very helpful to your team without requiring you to play absurdly well as long as you know how and when to use your ults
Without any additional information I'm not sure what else to tell you.

>playing mercy in comp
>healing
>everyone leaves the point when it gets attacked

I'm fucking done with comp I swear to god. I hate playing support for these faggots.

>keep climbing
good joke

These are me as well
overbuff.com/players/pc/ajtpak-1145?mode=competitive

Dont die thread

I would have to actually see you play and see what you are doing wrong to keep you at such a low skill level. The only thing I could suggest is possibly to watch some pro players gameplay, as faggy as that sounds. You might learn something about strategies you should to employ to be successful. The only person I watch play is A_Seagull, you can find all his shit on youtube, he's a pretty cool guy who is very skilled, plays a variety of heroes, and likes to help hisi viewers git gud

Could shitty players possibly be holding me back as well? Because I've been in multiple games where we have a solid attack, but then we get either Symmetra and/or torb on Defense

It happens, but not enough to keep you trapped in shitterland. You have every chance of getting paired up with the same retards as everyone else, but other people still manage to rise past it. The only constant factor in all of your games is you, and if you're losing the majority of your games, the majority of the fault lies in you. You can blame bad teammates for it all you want but that won't get you to a higher rank.
Also Symmetra can be amazing on defense, fuck you.

After my placement matches I got 2800. I only think I'm ok at this game, but I guess I keep getting proved wrong. Or it's just that everyone else is really that bad. Because I never feel like I'm doing great. Just doing what should be expected.

>he thinks high rank makes him a better player

t. platinum player who actually belongs in master totes for realz

free (You)

rate me lads

>eu
all i have to say

>tfw stuck in Torbjörn elo

>tfw 90% of losses are your team throwing and 90% of wins are the enemy team throwing
>tfw you get that rare balanced match and have a blast

I stopped playing for a while because of team fuck ups. Lost my ranking to 46 or so was 60, got back in and I can't have anything going on around me or else I have to turn off the system to deal with it.
Happened yesterday when I got into a match and my fucking roomate decided to leave so we had to switch parking spots. Couldn't leave the controler I cant do that to the team so the game would rematch my team with some other people. I don't force people to do deal with mY shit in rank.

>consistently get 3+ gold medals as Reaper and D.va
>shitters pick Ana as the only healer
>Mei, Torbjörn and Junkrat on my team
>people won't switch when we get rolled
>stuck in ~2300

>have to play on ps4 because my PC sucks ass
>fucking kid munching on chips with is mic on
I just want to slap that kid.

>Start of Ranked 2
>Lose every match, I don't know why

>The next weeks
>Lose every match because of disconnects and people arguing instead of playing

>Last week
>Win every match for reasons I don't understand, almost back to the 2500 level

I don't get it.

the playerbase at the start of season 2 was fucking disgusting, its slightly better now

>consistently get 3+ gold medals as Reaper and D.va
you should almost always get that with those two unless you have a junkrat on the team.

Has anyone notices that people have been showing better behavior when doing the 10 placement matches? Like they want a good score at the same time they roll with the punches. Then when they make rank they turn into total douchbags.

If I don't get 4 gold as D.va, I feel ashamed. Even with junkrat on the team. But I'm in 2200 right now, so ...

I know, what I'm saying is
>muh team

Since I play in europe and nobody talks here, games at this point seem to be won or lose if the planets align and abilities and ults are used in random cooperation.

>playing mercy as a solo healer
you asked for it.

A lot of salt from people who refused to change characters. Now you can't do the same character now. Which is good, but you have to be quick to pick your guy.

Ps4 I met an amazing Mercy, this mercy was healing left and right, I was Zenyatta and my job was just debuting.

Was on a win streak getting 60~ points a win solo queueing. Not sure if you get bonuses after Master, but I haven't played since. Could win a few more and make it into top500 if I'm lucky!

Was playing my nigga Reinhardt

>inb4 screenshot of a picture of a monitor
Only image I have on my phone.

>top 1% in Elim/Dmg/Obj Kill/BlossomKill/Souls/FinalBlow/Crits

Maybe I should play him more often...

>tfw only getting 20-30 points per win
bastard

>tfw 6 losses in a row

Normally I'm at least on a win-lose-win alternating cycle. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

>started at 2400 doing placement matches with a group of 3 including me
>start off strong get 2490
>internet shits out on me one game able to reconnect we lose a close match. I lose 60 points.
>Ever since its been a downward spiral even playing with same friends
>all the way down too 2010
>can barely win games now
>yesterday went 2-10-1
I have no idea what happened to us. It sucks cause our group of 3 we get all the medals in everything. I don't want to blame we had a shitty teammates. But this downward spiral hurts and I might just call it quits for this season.
>never left a match before