villains.wikia.com/wiki/Bloody_Baron
youtube.com/watch?v=y_RI3bZhU50
youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K2eJj1oydrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gDWshLZilAY
youtu.be/00efdE5CD7A?t=3m40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Legacy of Kain there's like a billion villains in that series

Obsidian's legitimate threat was a fucking lunatic who chases you to the ends of the universe (by inexplicably showing up wherever you go) for no good reason.
If you consider that a good villain then you're an idiot, he had no motivation.

She wanted revenge on Kreia which is a legitimate reason. But yeah he was a psycho who was more pitiful than threatening and that's the point game tried to make. It was the same with Nihilus.

>Played all of those games.
>I can't remember a single name of any of the NPCs in RoTR nor can I remember most of the plot.
It was all so forgettable. How did this fuckery win again or is this just a 'strong independant woman' award?

Witcher 3 does not deserve best writing any year.

If they had award for best soundtrack, environments and environment design they can give it that, but not much else

>She wanted revenge on Kreia which is a legitimate reason
There was no legitimate reason for him wanting revenge on kreia, she was his master, he turned on her, she ran off, and now he's hunting her to the ends of the universe.
She didn't DO anything, and she's useless as fuck and annoying as shit so it doesn't make sense why you can't just ditch that dead weight bitch and go on without being stalked by creepy mc cracky skin.
>It was the same with Nihilus.
Atleast he kept his mouth shut like a proper second string villian.
Not that keira made any sense either, her entire wrap up seemingly came down to "I was just fucking with you the entire time" which in all honestly is probably the most accurate writing for a female villian, but it's still really fucking lazy.

>This is a good morally grey villain faction according to obsidian

The fucking Stormcloaks and Imperials from skyrim were better at that.

I'm not saying it should have been witcher 3. What I'm saying is, why was it Tomb Raider?

What the fuck did Rise of the Tomb Raider bring to the table writing wise outside of ambiguous lesbian vibes and yet ANOTHER generic plot?

Honestly it was so hard to identify with either the legion or ncr, that first town you walk to with the lottery, I was just like, "now what is the point of this shit exactly?"
House's plan was pretty insulting and convoluted overall too.
It was almost as bad as the faction choice in fo4 overall.

His revenge on Kreia stemmed from the fact that her worldview was bigger than just anger and destruction. It was all that kept Sion alive at that point, and her teachings made him doubt that. She was slowly but surely killing him with her words.

As for stalking the Exile, canonically speaking he was in a fucked up kind of love with Meetra Surik that ended up coming out as a murderous obsession because, again, sustained entirely by rage.

Edgecore is better than racist extra-dimensional kingslayer? Nah

What was the story? I beat it, I don't even remember.

Suikoden 2

Eredin was pretty edge-core, in all the 5 lines he had.

I think one of his last lines were

...I have something to tell you...but I wont...I will tell you...after you...EXPIRE

>space elves are described as beatiful ethereal beings
>CDPR turns them into that because they're supposed to be the bad guys and they should be ugly and "badass"

Hacks

So you're just telling me he's angry man and angry at everything that isn't anger.
Not to over simplify, but you really tried putting some sort of elaborate spin on it which doesn't really change the fact his entire character is just RAGE incarnate, which makes for a cardboard cutout of a character.

Both him and Nihilus are fucking terrible villains.

Which probably explains why so many people on Cred Forums seem to like them.

Darth "plot armor" and Darth "Literally nothing to him" are two of the most childish villains ever.

A villain that is so angry he cant be killed (how exactly does that prevent him from having his head sliced off?) and a villain who literally wants to eat the galaxy. and people call Malak a Sunday morning cartoon villain, at least he has a tale of a heroic knight who falls.

That does end up being one of the final nails in the coffin for his character. You defeat him by finally convincing him he's so single-minded his life is meaningless. The PC outright tells him he's imprisoned in his hatred and will never feel anything else.

They're elves, and they look exactly like the elves in the world but with a lighter/greyer complexion.

They really don't. Immerith looks like a skinhead on steroids. Eredin looks on steroids too but he's wearing mascara and black lipstick for some reason. They look nothing like the other elves

I agree, I even have to give it to keira by comparison atleast she's a rational human being who's using her brain. Not that kiera is good, but atleast with her you can chalk it up to some sort of elaborate convoluted sith plan that you can't wrap your head around or whatever, the other two are just foaming at the mouth lunatics and you'd never expect anything from them, especially not overthrowing kiera.
That should just make him angrier, assuming his character actually coherence to it, it doesn't

>Tale of a heroic knight who falls
>In Star Wars

Wow, haven't heard that one before. He was just a poor imitation of an iconic villain, and the other imitations of that villain in the franchise.

Problem is "tale of a heroic knight who falls" is episode 1-2-3 bullshit, original saga was just straight up following the conquering hero along his road to saving the galaxy.

This motherfucker right here. They turned the Reapers into shit, but they couldn't with Saren, as he was already dead. Starts out as an annoying prick, is just the right amount of badass, and is also pretty easy to empathize with when he reveals the plot.

Fuck it, I still think he made the right choice. There was no realistic chance of defeating the Reapers without Shepards row row fight da powa/plot armor of determination.

What? They was no lesbian ambiguity in rotr whatsoever. That was one of the many problems with its writing.

so what

that's what Star Wars is. Bioware made a star wars game. Obsidian made the same 2deep4u tripe they always do only in star wars skin

I don't remember any game villains that have stood out to me lately, but watching Truth's descent into madness through his own ego and web of lies during the Halo trilogy made for a unique experience, if nothing else.

Metal Gear Rising's villains were all great except Khamsin I guess.

They're warmongers. If you want beauty and grace look at the Scoia'tael.

CL would have been great if they hadn't been all hurr durr we enslave people into being pack mules even though Brahmin would be better suited to the work and crucify people for fun

They function less as characters and more as plot devices and additional ways Avellone could take the piss out of the SW mythos.

What are some interesting video game villains that don't have generic motives like conquest/mass death/revenge?

> If you want beauty and grace look at the Scoia'tael.

Who are...terrorists? The Issue with your logic here is that they're pure Elves, while the Scoia'tel are diluted mongrels.

They should be more ethereal and beatiful than the typical elves, and they're described as such in the books. The problem is CDPR had to make them look ugly and badass so they can be the villain, because they're hacks

I didnt say Malak was well done.

I said Nihilus was terrible because there is nothing to him beyond "I want to eat the galaxy." You can not get more childish then that.

Malak actually has a story which is one more thing then Nihilus has. A story they slam over your head by the way. The Republic was losing the Mandalorian Wars. Revan and Malak stand up and take a few Jedi to help turn the tide. Malak and Revan become heroes to the Republic, beloved by its soldiers. They proceed to follow the two into space where the army (and the two characters) are corrupted and fall.

Its an actual tragic story (even if stereotypical). Nihilius has nothing.

The WAU was just trying to preserve humanity any way it could. The results were just... less than satisfactory.

Can someone explain to me what exactly is The White Frost in The Witcher 3 and why it has to be stopped and how exactly Ciri stops it

>you manage to convince a ragemonster not to fight you with logic and an existential crisis right before the final battle he's been waiting for all game.
This is the kind of incoherent bullshit hat could only happen in an obsidian game.

Eredin is shit, O'Dimm and Detlaff are better

I still really don't think the WAU did anything wrong at all. It legitimately did it's job, and just because it and the results looked horrific to outsiders, you go and fuck it up.

It's some kind of space apocalypse that devours worlds.

Ciri is a descendant of very special person , and she's gifted with powers. But Ciri is not really supposed to be able stop it, the books make that very clear

>how exactly Ciri stops it

¯\_(シ)_/¯

Or by the power of asspul hack writing

Literally the whole point of the Wild Hunt is that they don't live up to the legends, they're just a bunch of regular-ass elves who found out how to use portals and started raiding shit.

When i played halo 1 i thought covenant were pretty cool villians. Considering the whole point of the halo was to ensure the flood wouldn't spread.

But then i sorta lost interest as the story kept going on and on.

Detlaff did nothing wrong

>implying Darth Sion was ever a credible threat outside of one cutscene on Peragus

It's not really explained and left pretty vague on purpose, but with all the other sci-fi undertones I'm pretty sure it's implied to be entropy. Or at least, some force of nature that fucks up space-time and causes entropy.

I fucking love that game, both of them. W3 deserves all its hype because the devs spent a lot of time, and care. But this is sadly true. I can't remember his name and he had that typical really gravelly voice (which is so weird from an elf.) it seemed less like laziness and more like Polish devs trying to grab super casual people a little bit.

What are you talking about you fucking retard?

You're such a shill you're making shit up and scrounging the depths of your ass to defend a thing they fucked up in the game.

Eredin and his kind are Aen Elle, they're pureblood undiluted elves. They even look at the other elves with Contempt because they have mixed with humans over the ages. They're described in Sapkowki's books are more beatiful and ethereal. But CDPR made them ugly steroid elves, because they're the bad guys and they're supposed to be ugly and unlikable

>obsidian villains

I dunno, a lot of its results were clearly suffering. I mercy killed nearly every construct I could when I had the option.

The only real "success" the WAU had was Simon, and even then it didn't seem to recognize it as such.

>wants to control the world
>knows exactly how he wants to do it (by becoming a living techno-god and subjugating real governments with a nanovirus he controls)
>doesn't really give a shit about the mc until he starts ruining villian's plans
>backstabbed everyone to get to the top so there's a lot of people who want his head
>when it comes down to it he tries to bargain with you for his life because he's just a politician rat

He's just a big dumb oaf who accidentally a geopolitical warlord. Surrounded by people trying to manipulate him, he did the best he could to do something good, before totally fucking losing it and lashing out at the world that wronged him too many times and snuffed out his dreams until he had no humanity left.

Motherfucker also believes in Santa Claus.

It's an ice-age that swallows planes of existence one after another, the wild hunt are like harbingers of it, ciri has godlike planar magic so fuck knows what she did it's not really meant to be comprehensible to people like geralt (you) who can't even comprehend basic spells aside from cantrips.

>claims to have read the books

Salty Sapkowskifag detected

I was reading the books before you even knew they existed, perkele. Show me a single passage that directly describes the Aen Elle. Not a description from a book or something said by some random mage, but an actual, objective description.

Go on, I'll wait.

The Witcher 3

>that fucking neck

He could be spotted in so many cutscenes, I loved how he's spying on you and watching your progress through the entire thing. The little quest in blood and wine where you find a person he cursed into a wight was good

He sold mirrors

Woah hey guys welcome to EBGwents

COPY THAT

Borderlands 2: Handsome Jack. Amusing bants that kept me going through the game despite the drudgery of quests, repetitive gameplay, and other retarded nonsense. Decent villain despite being cartoonishly evil. While the various spin-off games really milked the poor bastard out, it just goes to show that he was at least memorable enough to spin-off at least a few dozen times.

Baldur's Gate 2: Irenicus. Scary motherfucker that is legitimately threatening, powerful, and with a compelling reason for dong what he's doing. A classic DnD villain done right, and one that really sets the show whenever he appears. His voice is often the first thing you notice about him, and he's excellently cast. Arguably justified in what he's doing, though not the way he goes about it.

Dragon's Dogma: Grigori. He's a fucking dragon. Old, wise, and incredibly powerful, Grigori drives the entire narrative of the game, as well as your personal quest to retrieve your heart. He doesn't appear much throughout the story, but knowing that he's somewhere out there is enough. His final encounter is the climax of the game, and is challenging, epic, and completely satisfying.

Star Control II: Ur-Quan / Kohr-Ah. While they're technically not a single antagonist, actually reading up on the lore behind these two is very satisfying, and one of the more interesting aspects of the game. Much of SCII is fairly silly, but figuring out just why the two hostile aliens are doing what they're doing just works on a lot of levels, and shows how strong the writing is.

Witcher 3 true villain is Gaunter O'Dimm.

He had to kill the woman he liked to bone so he went evil. He's literally autistic.

>Kreia
>The villain
You have failed, completely and utterly

No he's not. He's the villain of the 10 hour DLC.

Eredin is the dude they've been hyping since Witcher 1 and boy did they deliver

>boy did they deliver
What did he mean by this?

>how exactly does that prevent him from having his head sliced off
Because the force would just plop his head right back on
If you didn't notice he's literally just bits and pieces ramshackled together with his huge hateboner

they ddin't deliver

what the fuck

is that jimmy neutron cosplaying as a hungry skeleton

He was pretty cool as the identifiable villain.

In ME1 Sovereign was a fucking monster though. Really intimidating.

Sion is the shittiest edgelord villain ever, kill yourself Obisidicuck

The correct term is Obsidiot.

No they never claimed that, even Sawyer said that that was not how they wished they had portrayed them and that cut content would have made them more ambiguous, that all though their methods are harsh and authoritarian their lands prosper and are safe, something along those lines.
But yes everyone pretty much agrees that they were too Saturday Morning Villians.

Daud from Dishonored. He's an asshole, and a lot of what he did was really terrible, but in the end he was just a guy trying to escape his literal and figurative demons.

>What was the story? I beat it, I don't even remember.
Lara was hunting a treasure that drove her father "over the edge", turns out the other people who were hunting that same treasure killed Lara's father. and that blonde chick who was laras step mother or actual mother or something was in the plan against lara's dad

lara's maybemom was dying of cancer, this relic thing cured or made people immortal or something, lara got the thing and broke it in front of everyone

also there were samurai zombies that were the aftereffect of the relic thingymobob

also nazi's were the badguys I think

Both games are good in their own right.

But you can't have that in this contrarian hellscape of an image board. It's either KOTOR 1 was good, and KOTOR 2 was shit, or vice versa.

Firewatch, the turing test, LISA

indie villians are better than AAA villains apperatly

>Lara breaks the fucking cure for cancer/key to immortality
>Because muh mommy issues

That user fucked it up but was close. Those "Samurai Zombies" were caused by the treasure Lara smashed. I forget the name of the thing though. The only thing I remember was Jesus was the one that made all the zombies however

Funny enough Moebius would qualify as a good guy.
He didn't know about the elder god's true intentions and all he did he did it to get rid of vampires and lead humanity to its glory.

Akachi and by extension Myrkul.

One created a cosmic paradox to keep himself both alive and dead, and the other just wants to eat

At least he didn't go around raping every race like some murderous gods.
Also I consider Akachi's lover way worse than both combined, I can hardly resist shoving my two handed weapon up her ass every time she rambles about love.
Fucking cunt.

Was pretty creepy when i read that line and realized it was him.

This crazy motherfucker

Prove me wrong.

Stormcloaks were right in the end though, Thalmor were just using the Imperials to ultimately end the world

It's funny that even in games MUH RAYSISM still makes people go batshit and not think

Abandon...

People who think grigori was a villain didn't actually understand the game.

I'll be the one to post him

Yellow 13. He just wanted to fight for his country and keeps his friends alive.

>Pious Augustus

that mother fucker was evil

Or just didn't play post-game

That's why he's a great "villain" though, since he is portrayed as one and is the main focus, which turns out to be far deeper after you engage him

That's why his speech is so important

I hate him just because of how edgy he is.

They are truly the only hope America has 2bh

yet there plan is always made out to be completely and utterly evil, its total bullshit

Loghain, from the first Dragon Age game.

>isn't outright evil in his actions
>his primary reason for opposition to the protagonists is really just a disagreement on tactics
>isn't absurdly absolute in his decisions; he can be convinced of the error of his actions, and join the player's party

Jecht from FFX. He defies his assigned status of villain by coming up with a plan to kill himself and save the world. Not bad for a jrpg.

>Thalmor were just using the Imperials to ultimately end the world
Ulfric is a Thalmor puppet

You support genocide?

What was the point of framing two newbie grey wardens for the murder of the king?

>betrays his king
>not evil

Kessler was god-tier.

I love Grigori's speech during the fight. It's like he came that far on pure instinct alone, or was compelled by the Seneschal, but in that last fight he finally remembers everything and realises his purpose.

You don't have to be evil to betray someone.

Yu Yevon was the villain though

you just have to be a dumbass, as loghain was.

Not a single person posted this?

Yeah, Kessler was great. The twist was handled pretty well, from what I remember.

Wow. I literally got so bored at the 2/3rd mark of that game I started skipping cutscenes.

I fucking love it when a games main villain isnt after some world ending event, or where the main villain isnt even responsible for the horrible shit that happens.

Deus Ex and Spec Ops the Line come to mind. Especially Deus Ex. The villains arent trying to blow up the moon or go after your super speshul girlfriend for some super soldier shit. Theyre business men pursuing methods that will further secure their positions of power as well as make them more money.

Bonus points for a villain that wins.

He viewed the Orlesians as a greater threat to Ferelden than the darkspawn, and King Cailan was cozying up to them. Considering that Loghain grew up in occupied Ferelden, and fought his entire life to free Ferelden from foreign rule, you can understand his perspective.

I'm not saying he's right, I'm just saying that he has a much different perspective, and that's why he comes into conflict with the MC.

Hooooly shit I can argue about most of these. Bait: the Image.

I can't even get a read on what the overall idea here is. What's going through that head of yours, what principles do you hold fast to that would produce an image like this?

Who is that?

Name one(1) better written villain in avidya in recent times .
>good motivatios
>excellent writing
>those endings
If you disagree you are a pleb

It is very clearly a bait image, one that gets posted around often, with a proper mix of cockbags and a few legitimate dindus

>Kenny
>villain
Kenny is a got dang hero, you got no right to lump him in with the baddies.

>Villain
What?

If you wouldn't kill a town of assholes to save your dog, you're a real piece of shit.

That's the thing though, it's literally impossible to reconcile the whole thing as coherent, there's so many instances where if you accept that one didn't do anything wrong, it means that another DID do something wrong.

So the only conclusion one can possibly reach is that it's a joke.

>Manny Pardo
>Lumping him in with all of these faggots after all of the hard work he did to stop the Miami Mutilator

>Wife beater
>War mongerer
>Illegimate ruler
His name is """"" bloody""""""baron for chrissake
But he's a gud guy right

>Giygas
He is literally hate incarnate in Earthbound, he causes absolutely everything bad that happens. Giygas literally did everything wrong, and not many villains can say that.

That said, Mother 3

>He hit is absolute bitch wife a few times after she goades him into it
>This makes him a villain
Nah he's a side character at best, go back to tumblr

Ultimecia from Final Fantasy 8. She compressed space-time into a single point to prevent the hero from killing her. That fear of death is what set off the series of events leading to her demise though.

>ignoring all the other things which make him bad.
I bet you have a single digit IQ which accounts for your attention span

The best part was that while being edgy as fuck saying that, he didn't even care about shedding her blood, just ruining her plan and making all her time teaching the Exile worthless and pointless.

Against his will. He's more of an useful idiot.

The dog wasn't even in danger. The zombies were clearly ignoring it. She's just a fucking idiot.

>Villain
???

Making mistakes doesn't make you a villain

It's an antagonist that appears contently in cut scenes as a back ground character.

Conquering a castle during a time of war doesn't make him the villain of the story at all

Game hasn't even released yet, but Dusan is already confirmed to have done nothing wrong.

So what are some of the things he did to make him a villain user?

>he all thinks villains must be moustache twirling,scheming lunetics who wants to conquer the world/wipe it put.
People who make mistakes are the closest we'll get to real life villains

The "villain" in Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is just an old man who is trying to live down the horrible crimes he committed in his past. The player is given the choice of killing or sparing the old bandit-turned-bartender.

>Irenicus

My nigga. Definitely my favourite video game villain.

"I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled!"

The Bloody Baron (real name: Philip Strenger) is a character in Witcher 3 that while undeniably tragic is also a minor villain in his actions both in the past and in the present, unlike traditional fantasy villains, however, he is far from a two-dimensional "Dark Lord" and while cruel to his people, his body and mind are deeply scarred by self-loathing and anger.
The Bloody Baron was feared by his people due to his unpredictable rage, when he flew into such a rage he would take it out on the peasantry - going as far as burning down entire buildings without care of who died in the process, he also allowed his men to act as thugs towards the peasantry and put any that he felt a threat to himself or his family to death.

The Bloody Baron also betrayed his own country to side with the invaders, refusing to die a hero's death (or any death) - he was well aware of being disliked but did not care as he had the authority and ambition to keep what he had regardless.

However things would change for the Baron when his drunken rage began to eat away at his restraint towards his family and he took to beating his wife.

Reference: villains.wikia.com/wiki/Bloody_Baron

>literally given under villains in vidya

>Cucked Baron
Rly feel bad for him

>Grigori
God damn that was such a satisfying boss fight. He didnt try and hide behind mysteries or bullshit reasons. He's your trial for the cycle. What he does as his role is justified in the end.

what gaem

I wouldn't kill any human to save a dog. Especially not an annoying, yappy little teacup poodle or whatever it was.

Unless it swallowed a giant diamond or something.

Observe Canines: Part Deux

He was a metaphor for greed and addiction. He consumed so much he literally became that hunger and couldn't stop feeding.
Edgy yes but not childish.

So literally a fat american stereotype?

why do people post the bottom pic as if it isn't some cringe-tier edgy teenager shit

You can even show him the light and then he kills himself realizing his errors.

Hearts of Stone had a great antagonist though

Read that as his voice.

Obsidrones... never change.

Olgierd was great too, they just should have had an option where he dies after his soul is saved.
[sp] he should have been able to join you at kaer morhen[/sp]

This guy has style.

I wouldn't kill for someone else's dog, but I would kill for mine.

convienent scapegoat

Muh clay

>another thinly veiled witcher 3 troll thread

people are still mad that this game turned out to be a master piece?

>I have no further input to offer, so I'll impose my authority by insulting anyone who doesn't agree with me.
>I'm not pathetic guys, I s-swear!

Binary Domain.

>you must find Ciri
>but to find Ciri you must find The Baron's Wife/The Baron's Daughter/Dandelion/That one boy from a village she passed through
>but to find those you need to find Dudu/a random Fisherman/the Witches...
>but to get to those you need...
>and then you've done all that it turns out she left a week ago
It's like the fucking books all over again.
How about you create an actual plot instead of telling me to find Ciri and then constantly contrive reasons for why that's just not possible right now.

thalmor were playing both sides anyway, they're fantasy israel

Except with actual power

>Israel
>not having actual power

they have nukes so if the sand people get uppity they can just glass them at a moment's notice

From this dialogue I see bottom one is actually edgy cartoony villian not upper one.

Are you te same guy from yesterday who said Witcher 3 is SJW?

GET US...A CUP A' TE WOULD YOU 'AROLD!

>Witcher 3 does not deserve best writing any year.
What game released in 2015 had better writing than TW3?

Yeah that will get them no where quick.

Hearing everyone talk bad about kotor 2 makes me feel bad. What am I missing?

Does he have a funny face?

A spine to trust your own judgements about a video game.

You can look at schoolars like Avalach and that other who painted tits. Eredin was handsome too.
I don't think you know what edgy is my boy.

You can only do that if you kill him enough times.

WAU was learning and getting better, and could have corrected past mistakes in time. That may have been one of the reasons it made Simon in the first place. I also suspect it had no opposition whatsoever to launching the Ark. It can be easy to miss, but during the finale where it seems to be harassing you as the giant dragon-worm thing, it actually will never kill, and will generally move you closer to your destination whenever it picks you up.

WAU was just an infant optimizer-type AI, given the goal of optimizing the continuation of human consciousness. We saw the worst of what it could bring about with that underformed directive, but the game ended basically just as it was really getting on its feet.

The game really suffered for never quite explaining the whole prison/penal-colony subplot. AFAIK it's left so vague as to bring question if that was even the case, basically just existing as subtext in a handful of the notes and in little things like 'WARDEN unit'. Which is a shame, because it could explain a LOT of the plotholes in the game, like the presence of so many people so deeply disturbed they turned into the monsters we had to deal with.

>In ME1 Sovereign was a fucking monster though. Really intimidating.

Not really. Sounded more like a school bully. Especially with taunting Shep, when it should be so far above that.

Brought back too many times. CoMI onwards should have focused on new villains.

I still loved the game. Just trying to figure out why everyone is yelling obsidicuck

Weren't they built from the remains of the Protheans, though? And Protheans are dicks, so . . .

hahaha look at the file name!

Because Cred Forums. Seriously, don't take anything seriously here (badum...)

The Patriots in MGS2 view themselves as sort of superior beings and task themselves to "guide" human race with censorship and information control. Basically the idea is that every species thrives to survive in world by sacrificing weaker individuals, hence allowing only te strongest genes to pass on. The Patriots see that the same is comparable to memes also, but because of digital revolution the memes can't be filtered and information can't be categorized into relevant and irrelevant. The human race therefore begins to lose their sight of what information is essential to survival of human race. The Patriots aim to help manlind by deciding which memes are worth of passing on, and what information is to be exterminated. What they say they do is "they don't censor content, but instead create context."

>Weren't they built from the remains of the Protheans, though?

No. Not even in the first game, where the lore wasn't assraped.

Zero in Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors

I don't know what to tell you except that its pretty pointless to ask a question like that. Using a shitty phrase isn't a genuine argument about liking or disliking a game, or examining the merits or flaws. You have already been a moron for even accepting the premise that this is an argument.

Like the other guy said: don't fucking take it seriously, even in a thread like this. There have been some really good threads about ACTUALLY looking at the problems with Kotor 2 (of which there are many) but sifting through the shit to find the diamonds should be done more efficiently. Asking a question like "omg why are people calling me " is just embarassing.

But whatever man, you don't have to listen to me either, make up your own goddamn mind. You liked Kotor 2? good for fucking you. Look forward to seeing you in another actual thread of actual value discussing why. This isn't going to be that place.

This is bait but MARCHE DID NOTHING WRONG.

>Handsome Jack
>tfw his best lines and most memorable lines were just improv by the VA
Only good character in the game. I felt genuinely bad for killing him and his daughterfu

The game is not out yet but I know this guy is less of a villain than Clinton

SEE WHO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT SHOT!

upper one:
Calm, collected, showing his attitude towards human race without flood of edgelord threats to show audience how bad he is.
Bottome one:
I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU, RAPE YOUR DOG, EAT YOUR MOM. I HATE THIS WORLD AND HUMAN WORMS FEASTING ON ITS CARCASS. MY NAME IS ALSO NOT IMPORTANT.

Let me guess, you listen to Linkin Park, wear fedora and your favorite game is Hatred?

Obsidicucks looking out for each other

Literally not a villain you retard

>Deus Ex
>main villain isnt even responsible for the horrible shit that happens
the entire point of the original Deus Ex story was that it was a straightforward conspiracy theory monomyth where the Shadow Government run by Page was responsible for literally everything bad that had been happening to the world for decades, and that it was all happening for perfectly selfish reason (if admittedly long-sighted and for the ultimate of high stakes gains).including truly heinous, completely unforgivable and impossible-to-rationalize shit like engineering a super-plague.

>Wants to save his world and everyone he knows from destruction

What a great """villain""""

Impossible to hate him

Generic but done right

I don't even give a shit about what you're talking about, but just for:

>villains.wikia.com

Kill yourself.

So instead of destroying world for no reason other than hurrr I'm edgy and evil he actually have motivation?

You realize that he mentioned two different games there, right?

The main "villain" of Nier

>and while cruel to his people

When he was cruel to his people? Actually under his rule people have better life than after his death when his subordinates started to rape, kill and steal having no one to hold them back like Baron did.

>Witcher 3
>not best writing
nu male detected

Jack is the mask, user.

Motivation? He has no choice! Some faggot's going to change the past which will erase the future and everyone in it, including him.

And technically the body who is using the mask too.
We will never get a proper fable sequel

We need a prequel. Get rid of guns and go back to just swords and magic.

>Rosh
>Did nothing wrong
That sack of shit did everything wrong.

To be honest I liked the setting of fable 2 and 3,too bad they kinda screwed up on other stuff.

I know Cred Forums hates COD but Infinite Warfare looks like it's going to have a really good villain.

youtube.com/watch?v=y_RI3bZhU50

You have to keep in mind Rhianna Pratchett was one of the writing leads. She's Terry Pratchett's daughter which means she has/had way more industry and journalism contacts than CDPR or Obsidian writers right out of the gate. You shouldn't rule out nepotism.

>Guy shows up and looks menacing once in a while and then just leaves
>Has his motivation hastily described to you then you go kill him on a burning ship
>Has all but 5 lines in the whole game

Not that often you see an actual retard.

posting best tales villan.

everyone said that about Kevin Spacey in AW and his character turned out to be shit

Agreed, his mapu tofu scene in HF killed my sides

not really a big deal, even fo4 did it with that railroad companion

>His name is """"" bloody""""""baron for chrissake
People thought the river was flowing with blood after red dye spilled into it.

>eric sparrow did nothing wrong

Knock knock, Master Mirror has wants to have a chat.

youtube.com/watch?v=mVKPvspyyyQ

youtube.com/watch?v=K2eJj1oydrQ

That´s a bro not a villain.

>Witcherfag can't even speak proper english
>Posts tumblr links

yes.

the prophets were pretty great for how little development they got
>Regret
>completely impetuous and blames those around him for his mistakes

>Mercy
>bloodthirsty zealot, wanted to kill the arbiter for the crowd

>Truth
>grandmaster of the web of lies keeping the covenant together, a politician of the worst kind

You don't have to be evil to betray someone, you just have to be a dumbass.

Is this really what you wanted to say ?

Truth's rise to power was even better in Contact Harvest. God do I love it when the Bungie Halo lore dips into the Covie politics.

Agreed, americans and the founding fathers were pretty big dumbasses for betraying the british crown.

Humanity isn't really any better than anyone else in that setting, that doesn't really make him a good guy except to other humans.

You do realise the threat wasn't the fucking Wild Hunt, right? You do realise the reason the Wild Hunt were a problem was not because of them, themselves, but because they wanted to rape Ciri into producing off-spring that could jump dimensions are will.

The reason they wanted this ability, was to outrun the White Frost. The 'threat' in Witcher universe is the White Frost. A interdimensional weather system which totally fucks up the planet until everything dies. A metaphor for the heat death of the universe.

The Wild Hunt are just egotistical Elf Nazi's who happened, in their universe, to murder the humans which arrived on their planet instead of letting them settle and outbreed them.

>those parts of First Strike where Cortana describes how different a Covenant ship is to a human one
>descriptions of slipspace
>descriptions of how the plasma weapons work
How was Nylund so good? How could they just throw it all away?

the "legitimate threat" label doesn't claim for him to be a great villain.

Nihlus and Sion were more plot devices, while Kreia was the villain. All the characters in this game were meant to be effected in some way by Malachor V and the 3 sith lords and the exile were all effected by the force in some extreme way.

Guildwars 1 Prophecies

>don't have the system req's to play Witcher 3
>on sick leave
>brain can't math
>building legos is easier than building a PC
>trust issues when it comes to having someone else build a PC for me

Options?

Gaunter o Dimm is probably one of the best villains I have seen in years, he was so creepy even though he was friendly.

Prebuilts and Steam machines

They're incomparably more expensive than building one yourself but your only other alternative is consoles, and at this point they're basically prebuilts with restrictive OS's so there's really not much left for you

Console

There isn't really any good in that series in particular, it's all pretty grey

Even the player characters are essentially just assholes

No need to beat around the bush, Hearts of Stone had great characters in general.

go to logicalincrements, choose a tier and be done with it.

each tier has a few options and wherever you buy the parts can probably build it for you

Don't you dare get a prebuild, they're unbalanced wastes of money

kys

Fuck off, HoS alone was absolutely brilliant for a video game and reminded me of the oldschool way of writing.

Witcher presents it's story well and grips you while keeping interest.

>kys
>s

Stuff or shite?

hys

Dormin didn't do anything wrong

>for a video game

There you go. Standards are atrociously low.

Not Vaas from Farcry 3 that's for fucking sure, whatever reddit would have you believe

>muh morally grey villains that try so hard to avoid checking the tv tropes boxes
Fucking fuck off.

Maybe not evil or anything, but he was pretty stupid and the entire Institute was retarded as fuck

My pawn killed him in two spell casts of the greater dark cyclone or whatever it's called and the boss was a complete cakewalk for me, my pawn had a weapon from BBI that gave her like almost 2K magic, on top of her base stats. Felt bad for the poor guy, he was a pretty great villian but the fight was pretty laughable for me.

Did I miss out on something great?

>did i eber dell yuo the debintion ob nsanatee?

far cry 3 is shit, 2 a best

Why are bioware fanboys so butthurt about how successful Witcher 3 was?

>does evil deeds because he was born that way
Cred Forums secondaries would probably classify him as shit-tier

>Shodan
>Chara
>Sheppard

The whole 2 games this guy is a rage filled asshole to everyone, so you think he'd be all FUCK YES MURDER IS AWESOME I DON'T WANT TO STOP. But then you realize he's just tired of all the murder and death and lies.

youtube.com/watch?v=gDWshLZilAY

All the most iconic villains in fiction have "generic motives"

this fucker right here

What would you say is Darth Vaders motive? What about The Joker? Maleficent?

E.Y.E. if you count the player.

This handsome fellow.

>blacks move in on mafia territory
>mafia kill blacks because they went where they didn't belong
>"They killed my family, now I kill them all!"
Great story. GOTY

nah, it's the emmy of video games

The Collectors were built from Protheans

Repears are way, way, way older than Protheans

All of those are evil for it's own sake except for Vader who's remembered more for his calm ruthlessness and intimidating demeanor than his depth

>teh rebel is the bad guy
all bioshock did this better even infinite. Because they show the whole situation and the setting. In cod, you will be thrown in the middle of the war, shoot until your finger numb and the villain will say some exposition in the final level.

What did he mean by this?

>"Still befriending mortals :/ ?"

>Eredin
>Villain
Choose one. The dude only wanted to save his race from extinction.

You're mistaking Sovereign for Harbinger, who is from ME2, which is shit.

kys me user

> all he did he did it to get rid of vampires and lead humanity to its glory.
But he got rid of the vampires to make the hylden take over nosgoth, he didn´t care about the humans at all, and his position at the pillars was solely to keep the hylden banished, so he actually betrays humanity for the elder gods selfish intentions, even if they don´t really know why the need the pillars.
He does not really care about doing good, only about serving the hub of the wheel, no matter to what end.

>canonically speaking
Silly user, nothing of this is canon anymore.

space elves were described as bunch of corrupted, overly proud faggots. they were not badass, neither in book nor in games, they were pretty much pathetic in their illusion of superiority

killing hundreds of people make him a villain, even if it's for a good cause, that's why it's a good one

Raziel is pretty noble.

rebooted DmC

>last fight
>tfw virgin is right, but you still need to kick his ass because hurr anarchy
>this moment when donte proudly looks at burning ruins of city, like "yeah, my job here is done"

VAE VICTIS
WOE TO THE ORLESIANS

That they were.

>he thinks anger is infinite
Too much gow.
The guy is literally falling apart

>not posting the updated version

Didn't Raziel say that to himself?

Raziel was never noble.

As a human he was an unthinking zealot determined to exterminate the hated vampires.

We don't know much about him as a vampire, but it can be assumed that he went along with Kain's ideal of vampires as "Gods. Dark gods, whose job it is to thin the human herd."

As a wraith he was motivated initially by revenge. Any notion of restoring Nosgoth was purely a pretence to further justify his rage and hatred of those who betrayed him.
youtu.be/00efdE5CD7A?t=3m40s

Didn't the comic show he still got that zealot thing going on as a vampire? Except, like you said he adhered to Kain's ideal.

>komaeda
>villain

>edgy vs extra edgy
wew

'
>Zaephod Beebelbrox from the original BBC Radio and TV series is the voice of Judge Ghis
>Can't replay the game at all without replacing everything he says with hitch-hiker quotes and assuming he has two dicks under his plate of armor

Killed best girl before the war even began
I can't forgive him

I was mad and sad for quite a while after this.

You're not supposed to do BBI until after you defeat him. He's a really great encounter if you do it that way.

>and join the player's party

killed him after kicking his ass. He was trying to talk his way out of punishment for being a traitor

>anything from DmC
>good

thats really not fair.

Sion was a psychotic retard but his motives were legitimate but they were still sith-tier motives. He wanted death to Kreia for all of her shitty teachings.

Eredin wanted a new world for his people before the white frost engulfed the aen elle. He however was also retardedly aggressive and also came off as "saturday morning cartoon" because his race looks down on humans.

To say Sion is some excellently written villain who is incredibly deep and complex isn't really fair since you are just forgetting how irrational he and the sith truly are.

you are allotting that benefit to sion but not eredin.

that game shouldnt have been as good as it was

dragon's dogma

not really a villain though

everyone gives fable 2 shit, but I liked lucien

his last words were
"He set us against each other.. and he's made off with Cirilla."

thats not edge-core at all

even the line you attempted to say was butchered.

>tfw EB games posting is dead

yeah they did a good job making them creepy

Bioshock 1

magic heat death of the universe

The heat death of the universe

She uses her hotness to warm it up

>villain
he did nothing wrong except loving a whore

>implying a fedora tip tier edgelord is a good villain either

Kek, Obsidiots truly are blind.

Obasidian understood that The Legitimate Threat, The Big Villan, and The Big Problem can be different characters with different powers.

I think i agree The Wild Hunt end up as a bunch of Saturday Cartoon Villain , and even miss most of its potential as DEATH SKY HORSE LEGION

sion is basically under utilized and undeveloped. Kotor 2 had interesting plot ideas but shit game, shit execution.

>Wild Hunt end up as a bunch of Saturday Cartoon Villain , and even miss most of its potential as DEATH SKY HORSE LEGION
So take it up with Sapowski Thebull94

>Obasidian understood that The Legitimate Threat, The Big Villan, and The Big Problem can be different characters with different powers.
Legitimate Threat: Radovid
Big Villain: Eredin and the Hunt
Big Problem: White Frost
Now contrast that with DA.

Potion seller, I'm going into battle and I need your strongest potions.

Oh you mean the night omnipotent being who claims he doesn't involve himself directly into the world of men yet stops time and arbitrarily kills some poor schmuck directly just because MWAHAHAHA I'M SO EVIL AND RANDUMB!!1

That guy, right? Worst written character in Heartstone.

Not even close. The villains were shit desu.
Old God:
>Near omnipotence.
>Exists throughout all time at once.
>Can revive his servants at will.
>Allows Raziel to leave the abyss despite seeing almost all outcomes to almost the very end of Defiance, knowing that the only way he could be killed is if Kain gained the completed Reaver.
>Objective should have been to always keep the Reavers apart or to hinder Kain so Raziel could eventually kill him, leaving a Reaver with no potential wielder.
>Motivation is fucking terrible, "to stop the vampires" essentially so he can feed unhindered, but instead of scheming to kill Kain in the future and allowing the humans to flourish again, he rolls the dice.

Moebius:
>Soothsayer that invents time travel and has immeasurable.
>Creates all the time streaming devices, the time streaming chamber, and the chronoplast and leaves them intact, arming Kain with the knowledge he needs to achieve victory.
>Forsees his own death in BO1 and can be revived by the Old God, but isn't for unknown reasons even after the pillars are doomed.
>Randomly doesn't have his staff, staff is different throughout games, staff changes it's powers.
>Paradoxically in Defiance, Raziel overhears Vorador congratulate Kain for killing Moebius only to immediately meet him again.

Hylen:
>In Defiance, the Hylden Lord mocked Raziel for killing the Scion of Balance, however four hundred years later in Blood Omen 2 he was surprised to see the younger Kain had survived their battle outside Meridian. Surely he should have known that he could not kill the younger Kain, if Raziel was responsible for killing Kain's future incarnation? This is another inconsistency; Kain was a vampire wielding the Soul Reaver, and not obviously secretive about being the Guardian of Balance. It seems unlikely that the Lord could remain ignorant of the Scion's identity, allowing him to believe the younger Kain had died at his hands.
>Overall kek.

Dragon Age Origins has the problem where the setting is focused on idiocy.
Deep Roads can be cleared in a few generations if The Surface realizes it should be done.
Loghain isn't a good villan, not the plot that keeps you from just walking to him to say "Fuck you".
The Blight isn't a threat, because Darkspawn can't build infrastructure unless a Archdemon leads them.
Then the core of the plot: And the Archdemon? Its too early in the Blight for it to even become a treat. You don't even see its Respawn ability until Dragon Age Inquisition

DA2? DA2's plot is literally dicking around until The Red Artifact comes around, The Mages is heretics, and the DLC do the actual plot hook for DAI

DAI?
DAI is a lot more of DA2's plot: You dick around forever, but with like 2-4 missions that ties in to "oh, there is a villan, thats wants to do something".
As a plot, its a failure in many ways, except for him showing how the Dark Spawn works.

Finished that trash of a game which is whole kotor series just a month ago and i don't even remember what was this idiots name let alone what was his motivation. Oh well when your game lacks 2/3 of its content its hard to tell what is going on there.

witcher 3 had some great writing.

no, it was obvious as shit. When CDPR asked people to find all the moments he was in, nobody succeeded until CDPR revealed it.

>completely unforgivable and impossible-to-rationalize shit like engineering a super-plague.

The super-plaque was easy to rationalize. A smaller population is easier to control. That and Versalife made the vaccine and could use it to control governments.

>Manipulate the entire world behind the scenes
>Manipulate the player character multiple times, not by lying, but by keeping the truth concealed just enough to make things go their way
>For thousands of years they treat the world as some kind of playground to push their idealogies
>Even if one side wins the other side will just go along with it, this was all just a game to them
>You only meet them in the first game, yet their actions are still seen throughout the ages, or behind the scenes

Subtle villains best villains.

>Subtle villains best villains.

More like imaginary villains. Anyone who talks about Dark Souls "lore" deserves a slap

Huey Emmerich