fizzd.itch.io/rhythm-doctor
youtube.com/watch?v=6TsqCNy6UU0
youtu.be/ltKFv68Zw0A?t=24
youtube.com/watch?v=-QsFzfQc5Io
youtube.com/watch?v=koynNoNvtvE
youtu.be/rAJmCa7FPaM?t=1m13s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dj max

That one that isn't EDM/Techno/Animu music.

gitaroo man

O2jam. The rest of you cunts can fuck off

Wait, people still play osu on current year?

Beat Hazard or Audiosurf

Rhythm Heaven
it's like playing Fantasia

Guitar Hero Live

Flash Flash Revolution for nostalgia alone.

rephrasing the question: Favorite rhythm game that has can add your own songs to it, and has a community of players

I used to play the shit out of Frets on Fire

This
Possibly one of the best fucking rhythm games ever made. Shame we'll never get a sequel/spiritual successor.

>tfw frets on fire doesn't work on Windows 8.1
feels fucking bad man

feels so smooth

>8,863,956 users all-time
>9,731 players online right now
I dunno user, you tell me

>IIDX16
>IIDX
>16
When will this hybrid numeral system meme end.

senpai

where have you been all my life

i'm pretty bad at it tho. some school girls walk by and giggle at me playing it all the time.

GH WoR...With everything Imported.

Audiosurf 2 is pretty good desu

Gh II

It means (Beatmania) 2 Deluxe

diiiiiid someone saaaay...

RHYTHM GAMES?

fizzd.itch.io/rhythm-doctor

>ctrl+f croc
>no results
are you guys serious

I just bought Superbeat Xonic what am I in for

>get addicted to Pump It Up when it was in an arcade nearby
>arcade is now gone
>seriously considering spending $700 on a pair of omega dance pads so I can continue playing the songs on Stepmania in my apartment

that shit is too good. I never got into DDR but the 5-panel pads of PIU really jived with me.

I used to play and way overexert myself until it felt like my heart was going to explode.

>Tfw the i cant import anything anymore and every shop is down forever so i cant buy songs on my 360

Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Audiosurf
Beat Hazard
Love Live SiF

shitty story, voice acting and grinding aside, the concept was really cool. the name change is silly though

Wii servers are still alive.
You can even play online but, nobody is playing. Same for RB3.

Groove Coaster is a fun little rhythm game for phones.

Audiosurf is pretty cool, as is its sequel, though I prefer the original.
Melody's Escape is interesting, though I'm terrible at the harder difficulties.
Riff Racer is pretty awesome in my opinion.
Symphony is also enjoyable, though again I'm terrible at it.

Started playing DJ Max Portable 3 recently. Are there harder versions of the songs available to unlock or is the hard mode setting in the options the only way to increase the difficulty?

>Tier 2
I didn't want to be sad like this

Taiko master race reporting

every now and then I suppress the urge to buy a DJ DAO Pop'n controller for like $400 after shipping. I play on SM using one of the little mini-cons, better than just a keyboard or a Dual Shock but a ASC blows it out of the fucking water

I originally wanted to buy a couple of those foam dance pads, but it'd still be like $100 for a pair and apparently they slide all over the place and fail quite often, the quality is shit. if I had the metalworking skill and equipment I'd just make my own, but sadly I do not.

One game.

youtube.com/watch?v=6TsqCNy6UU0

Oh, I had one of those in high school.
What you do it you tape it to a big piece of plywood to weigh it down. Works for the cheap ones, too.

>Raining blood on Guitar Hero.

Shit is so damn easy on real guitar, goddamn.

You're in for DJ Max Portable HD Remix: Even More Shit Edition. Definitely one of my favorite rhythm games ever and is getting me super pumped for DJ Max Respect in January.

I actually like this game but it's not as popular as other rhythm games :(

I vaguely remember a Slash interview around the time of GHIII where he said the harder tracks were definitely more difficult than real life. So I 100% believe you.

Chunithm

taiko no tatsujin
pop'n music

>that everything

more when

GH charts and by proxy RB charts sometimes blend the two guitar tracks into a single one.

You play the best parts, you know, the hardest ones.And sometimes some bass parts.

>And sometimes some bass parts
And sometimes keyboard for no reason.

You forgot sax on 21 century schizoid man.

Good shit, looking forwards to the full game.

Patapon 2

Jubeat

dudu dudu...
du du du

Rock Band 3 with customs.

With all of Guitar Hero's songs injected into it as well.

Since synthesia will probably never be released on Steam. Whats the best way to pirate RB3, wii, xbox, ps3?

youtu.be/ltKFv68Zw0A?t=24

Goddamn that's some classic shit

360, since most custom and mod support is on it.

how to get good in OSU i have an s in default songs, but after playing them i downloaded a song pack but songs from that pack super hard basically i can't deal with single notes holds really make me relax.
i play beatmania only

This game is fun, I played it on an arcade in japan and 2 guys started dancing and "singing" next to me while I played, funny shit.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd currently

I'd get Future Tone but not sure if its worth getting a PS4 JUST for Miku games

Also I like Love Live School Idol Festival on Android/iOS, but I wish it had a more featured game on something like PS3/PS4.
>Plays just like the android/iOS game but with full songs and dancing in the background like the Miku games
>extensive idol customization and can create your own "units"
We just need a good Love Live video game period

if you sign up for the mailing list he sends out new levels every month. or at least he just started to last month. he also came on Cred Forums once and was pretty cool

This guy has got it.

Digital > "Analog" input for rhythm games

emulate real osu or elite beat agents first

How do I get good at beatmania? There's a cabinet at the arcade I go to and I tried it for the first time today. It kicked my ass.

you'll just have to suck it up for a week or so, until the controls start to click. Play step up mode so that you get beginner charts + no fail. if your machine works with e-amuse, buy a card.

Tried playing Pop'n Music at an arcade recently and it was very humbling. The button layout is too weird for me.

I still play osu.
Audiosurf

Well, I tried a 2hu song, scarlet moon I think. And I barely got anything but it still went to the end. Same thing with the jubeat cabinet so I guess they disabled failing mid song?

I might play more rhythm games there, since my initial d card is at B1, could use a break from all the grip driving.

Why is there no love for DTX or GDA :(

youtube.com/watch?v=-QsFzfQc5Io

Sound Voltex, baby.

does symphony count as a rhythm game? it seems more like a shmup.

in beatmania you get a free pass if your first song is easy enough, in jubeat i think you get a free pass no matter what your first song is. neither game fails you mid song (unless you use certain mods), but will simply fail you at the end of song.

definitely rhythm-based but a lot of people see these kinds of things as 'not true rhythm games' for a variety of reasons. It doesn't help that they are almost guaranteed to be using some kind of algorithm to automatically generate levels off of your music, and so far NO ONE has done it well.

You don't even play Symphony to any rhythm what so ever, the music generates your playing field is all.

Riff Racer definitely uses an algorithm of some kind to create its tracks, and while not the most amazing at it, I feel like the more climactic moments in songs are represented by the sudden speed boost areas pretty well, and some tracks are really good at syncing up with the song I'm playing.

>and it was very humbling

all rhythm games are "humbling" until you practice them imo. you can have perfect tempo/timing from being good at them for years but control schemes are all different and wonky, especially the proprietary japanese shit.

but the switch from something like ddr to itg in arcade, then stepmania on keyboard (or in reverse order) and then into iidx/popn/whatever is very easy.

Which Guitar Hero was the best? And also were there meaningful gameplay differences between them?

Sound voltex
youtube.com/watch?v=koynNoNvtvE

impulse dance pad when

yeah svdx looks fun but i cbf to actually figure out how to get the actual game because muh sekret club or whatever the fuck.

>And also were there meaningful gameplay differences between them?
All of them are identical.
here's only 2 times when the gameplay changed.

World Tour and Live.
WT added Drums, Vocals, and Bass.
Live went back to just Guitar but with a strange 3 button 2 lane set up.

Aside from that, every sequel is identical to its predecessor.

I hate this song so much, but the parapapa pipipipip pupupupupu part is so much fun in IIDX

youtu.be/rAJmCa7FPaM?t=1m13s

Cytus, the natural evolution to Osu!
Elite Beat Agents (a.k.a Osu with nice animations).
Patapon 1-3, even if not true Rhythm games

>C3 has been taking down customs that get RB4 releases out of respect.
>tfw RB4 is so bare-bones and fails to even live up to RB1. It's practically FretsOnFire now.
>Can't play Blood Sugar Sex Magik or Electric Six 01 because they were delisted.

How do I get Beatmania IIDX for PC?

Pls help ;_;

A hype-ass game with a beast skill ceiling, that has a confusingly arcadey main mode