Why did everyone hate Bulletstorm? Is there a real reason?

Why did everyone hate Bulletstorm? Is there a real reason?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dbvqXChmQvo
youtube.com/watch?v=d7r9RqWBdl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody on Cred Forums likes that game, posting about it here is asking for trouble.

The gimmick just wasn't enough to separate it from most other FPS games. Kinda wore out its welcome after awhile.

And it felt a little bit clunky to me, but I might just suck at it.

It's a fairly original and good-looking game with a lot of personality. People hate it for the perception of being a "shooter for us gamurz".

youtube.com/watch?v=dbvqXChmQvo

I liked it.

>game heavily recommends switching up guns and performing the dozens of different kill moves
>people instead play it like Call of Duty
>cry about it being repetitive
That's why people hate it.

It was a refreshing AAA shooter that was too meme for most people. I had a lot of fun with it but it does wear its gimmick thin after a while. Not many shooters at the time were about trying to just kill shit dead and have it feel fun.

The whole game was just one drawn out dick joke.

Not enough replayability, needed a sequel

ShittyB made some pc promises he wouldn't keep, like a demo and other shit.
So it got ignored largely.
We got some little middle finger of a demo "Called to Duty" tha was kinda cute but more importantly wasn't a demo for their actual game.
Then shittyB went on a tirade about how PC usees are ungrateful cuts and how he was glad he jumped shup to Xbox.
All this to only to come crawling back with Lawbreakers.

I loved it and want a sequel

Surprised me a lot that the story actually ended up decently nuanced through the use of your horribly disfigured asian cyborg pal. Gameplay is a bit boring unless you put forth the effort. Granted, it's great when you do, but if you're not turning the dial up to 11 yourself, the game never does, and that's something it really needed. All in all, a decent game. I'd buy it again on PC if there was a crowd for the multiplayer mode.

No one really hated it as much as they really just passed it over. Advertising made it seem like the usual brodacious shooter that was being pumped out in the early '10s and while the gameplay demo drew a decent amount of people in, there wasn't as much to really secure that audience up into game release. Then there was a decent chance that whoever did play it didn't take advantage of the system and just said it was a generic shooter for the time. Just one of those games that 5 years later people are starting to call an underrated gem.

No one hated it, only critics who are terrible at shooting games.

Wait, what?
This is a great game.
And every "never a sequel, so I am sad" thread comes up it's there.
By the way, I love the game and i am really sad for no Bulletstorm 2;

I loved it
not worth $60 tho

It really reminded me of Singularity and RAGE. Both those were some of the most fun shooters i'd played in a long time, even if they were both arguably pretty shitty in a lot of ways. It was just nice to shoot something again and enjoy the way it felt. Oh, FC Blood Dragon, too.

Spot the new kid.

I loved it and it was pure FUN imo I'd love a sequel but it's not happening.

Literally dark messiah with guns

>Singularity

everyone overrates the fuck out of Bulletstorm here, lurk more

It had great gameplay.
I can't stand most ''gamers'' why do you hate male masculinaty soo fucking much.

It was pretty short and not much replayability but it was decently fun. Nothing too special. I probably haven't thought about it since release until this thread

The best part of Bulletstorm was the Duty Calls parody demo that you could download off the developer's website.

For some reason the cover art in Canada was just a low rez shitty close up of a boot print with a fuckload of text and the back didn't really show anything so no one knew what the game was about.

Forgot youtube link:
youtube.com/watch?v=d7r9RqWBdl8

that was quite cynical, since bulletstorm has turret sections and health regen, and some quite linear and shitty level design

the devs wanted to have the cake and eat it too

i had a good time with it

Pretty fun but I wonder if the game would've benefited from a more Borderlands-esque format? With radical mounts and cuhrazy means of mobility with sidequests and such.