For once in your life, be honest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5m2a2dLdZ0M
youtube.com/watch?v=XMXR9wElS6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love stepmania KB

Too lazy to fill anything out.

>Fighting
Maybe 2. I've beaten a couple of singeplayer campaigns in fighting games, nothing else.
>RTS
1. I rarely if ever play RTS. I've played turn-based strategy, but even in that I suck.
>MOBA
1. Never play any.
>Racing
3. I've played a couple of racing games, but I don't have much interest.
>FPS
5. I can finish most FPS games even on a harder difficulty.
>Rhythm
2. I like rhythm games but I don't have the ability to sync up with the music.
>2D Sidescroller
5. Again, I can beat most sidescrollers but I'm not very good.
>3D Action
6. I've beaten most of the big name action games including the DMC series, Platinum's stuff, and other various games.
>RPG
9. WRPGs, JRPGs, CRPGs, anything. Outside of games that require very specific min maxing to beat super bosses I can finish pretty much anything. But RPGs are one of the easiest types of games out there, so that isn't saying much.
>Puzzle
4. I like puzzle games but I'm slow at them.

What would horror games go under anyway? I can blast through things like Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and other stuff without breaking a sweat.

I rarely play fighting games with friends, and do nothing but button smash, except on smash brothers but I know many of you go nuts when someone says samsh = fighting game

add a shmup catagory

I'd include stealth.

im not good at vidya

I've played vidya all my life and I'm still fuckin bad at them.
This is assuming 5 is average aka that guy who goes 8 and 12 in an fps around the middle of the scoreboard maybe lower half.

Sidenote how would you be bad at RPGs? It's just stats vs stats in a vast majority of cases, unless you're saying something like WoW PvP is RPG.

3-4 on everything but Racing which is a 9

Lots of people simply dont seem to be able to grasp character planning or be able to understand what is best to focus on, especially with how vague rpgs can be sometimes. There's a reason 90% of the playerbase copies the builds of a few number crunching autist raiders in MMOs.

I'm pretty good I think

This is assuming 5 is average

also filled out a few boxes for ya

>Fighting
At least 4-5. I can easily take care of CPU opponents even at the hardest difficulty and a few online matches

>RTS
1, I can't even defeat CPU opponents

>MOBA
0, never played one

>Racing
2, I don't like them though

>FPS
0, never really got into one

>Rhythm
2, can hardly play any diffucuilty higher than easy

>2D sidesroll
8, I played a lot of pretty hard ones

>3D Action
7, can't really rate it too much but I generally find them easy enough

>RPG
9, always finish everything with ease. I mostly find this genre to be too easy and try my hardest to keep my levels low enough to enjoy them. Min-maxing is my thing

>Puzzle
7, I can solve most shit quickly

You're shit at rhythm games

Never played a RTS or MOBA so idk

Used to be pretty decent at SF4 but haven't played a fighting game since

RPG don't take skill

I've never played an RTS or MOBA lol

I feel very average.

But there's also that I am drawn to different games than what's standard. I think the optimised build order of Starcraft or AoE make me appear to suck ass at the game but I consider myself quite competent at say American Conquest.

FPS, mostly play games like ARMA, Squad, Red Orchestra instead of more twitchy shooters.

In general, I am average because I am not good at all styles of a whole genre. It's too broad. Except for racing, I can't play those for shit no matter what kind.

No I'm not???

ideas for FPS skill level, ascending

>XCOM rookie
>arena veteran
>gregor
>that cashews of chaos guy

I'm gonna have to agree with the other user and say that RPGs don't require any skill, just your time.

That's not true. Most people I know simply cannot get into RPGs, maybe not here on Cred Forums, but it does require some skills most people don't have

If you're gonna do bullshit minmaxing it takes effort. Which is why I didn't fill it out much myself.

As long your strategy is "Grind for story bosses, skip optional stuff" you aren't good at RPGs
I put a 9 there because I generally always go underlevelled during story and always take on optional stuff, also trying to min-max whether possible

I think this is pretty accurate.

You can't be "good" at a genre. At most you will be able to master one or two games. Even going from similar games like Quake to Unreal you will quickly find out that only a few core skills translate (like aim), but you suck dick at everything else and can't really compete with decent players.

Kind of, and I hate mobas.

>Fighting
Smash - 8, but any sort of actual fighter I'm about a 3 at best.
>RTS
Maybe a 5, I don't play them nearly enough to git gud.
>MOBA
>implying I'd ever play MOBA-shit
>Racing
I'm decent, maybe a 6.
>FPS
TF2 - 8 or 9, but most everything else I'm a 4 or so. Baffles me as to why I'm actually good at TF2 as well.
>Rhythm
8. Who /lifelongmusician/ here?
>2D Sidescroll
Pretty fucking good, since I've been beating this shit for most my life. I'd put myself at an 8 easily.
>3D Action
Average at it again, maybe a 5 - 6, need to play more of these.
>RPG
>implying RPGs take skill
Pretty damn good at them all the same, and I've been playing them for basically my entire life. I'd say I'm a 9.
>Puzzle Games
I did about 85% of La-Mulana without any sort of hints or online guides, where does that put me? I'll just go with an 8.

RPGs are more enjoyable to me if I skip optional stuff anyway. I don't need to save every farmer, become a member of every guild and find every lost treasure ever. I just want to fulfill the prophecy or actually try to have a semblance of an actual role like for example selfish stealth archer.

>>implying RPGs take skill
>I've been playing them for basically my entire life
So yeah, they take skill. You wouldn't be that good otherwise

This is only partly true - You will not be able to compete with decent players AT FIRST but if you are good at a specific type of game then you're likely to pick up the required skills to become pretty good much faster than anyone else would, and with time you might be able to surpass most people and reach further than they could do.

They are pretty much the easiest genre on average though. All it really takes is the ability to plan out your actions somewhat and to be able to adapt when shit doesn't go your way every once in a while.

There's no reason for RPG to be on this list.

The point of an RPG is roleplaying. You're telling a story more than being competitive.

6.5 when i played still
10 but rpgs generally dont require much more than playing with numbers

Fighting: 7
RTS: 3
MOBA: 0
Racing: 6
FPS: 8
Rhythm: Depends, some rhythm games I'm 8 easy, some I'm fucking 4
2D sidescroll: 8
3D action: 5
RPG: Today's modern shit "RPGs": 2 Oldschool real RPGs: 9
Puzzle games: 8

I hate 90% of the popular games that people play
I dont like mario
I dont like dota
I dont like call of duty
i dont like Forza

I just want dumb fun that isnt a simulator, pvp focused, or a grind simulator

That's an ability easy for you, most people have no fucking idea about what to do.

But I guess RPGs are one of Cred Forums favorite genres, so you mostly see them as easy like I do as well.

"playing with numbers" is not something everyone is good at, I feel you are greatly underestimating RPGs based on your ability with them, there again, most people simply aren't able to and have to resort to "grind for story, skip optional stuff"

Is God Hand hard mode easy?

Is NGB MN without abusing FS and ID easy?

C'mon dude, just admit you are a scrub already, it's not the end of the world. RPGs and skill just don't match up well

How do I git gud at Forza, user?

If you have no reply, don't waste time quoting my posts. They do take skills, but everyone can beat them with grinding unlike some other genres

Learn the tracks, practice lines, and watch out for the other bastards on the track.

They werent easy at first but all i mainly play these days is dmc3/4 ngb and a small mix of godhand/bayo/mgr/kh2 and its been that way for about 5 years

Nigga, if I thought being good at RPGs was something to brag about, I would be. The reality of the matter is that people who suck at RPGs just flat out tend to suck at any sort of planning, and I mean simple shit like keeping track of your HP and statuses and then dealing with them accordingly.

You are just bad at games and trying to defend with pride the only genre you are good at, which ironically happens to be RPG.

Being good at Gothic, SS2, Plancescape, Deus Ex... is like an alien concept to me. You adjust in a matter on hours at most, start to get the hang of the game and then become "good". I never heard of someone being bad at RPGs

What are your thoughts on Bayo 2 if you played it?

>Gold is 5/10

Excellent bait. Silver IV and below is 50%, not Gold.

RPG rank 10: GameFAQ author
>add it

lol

First I'm terrible in anything multiplayer. Anything.
>Fighting
I do try to learn the system and combos but everything is inconsistent and relies on luck. Get absolutely destroyed by harder AI or any human player.
>RTS
Strategy: Build 100 of the biggest tanks and attack
>MOBA
Never played
>Racing
Only a few arcade ones, with every assist (except the ideal line on the road)
>FPS
Can do casual health regen single player FPSes on hard. No chance in multiplayer.
>Rhythm
Manage to not die on Guitar Hero normal and Dance Central
>2D sidescroll
Able to beat Yoshis Island and Pirates Curse without savescumming.
>3D action
These are usually pretty easy, QTE fests nowadays. I can even do hack'n'slash like Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Revengeance and other japanese shit.
>RPG
Strategy: Put everything on strength and pick a big blunt weapon
>Puzzle Games
If there is o timer and I can look at guides when I'm stuck for more than 5 minutes.

Yeah, so they lack those skills needed to play RPGs, they just seem easy to you because you are used to them
I am not gonna brag about it, but I just realize what kind of skills you need for RPGs.

Again, if your argument is "y-you are just bad at games and you want pride", then don't reply, there are skills involved but they seem obvious to most people here. Trust me, there is nothing obvious in RPGs for most people

I used to think that RPG required no skill as well, but then I watched my girlfriend attempt to play a couple (Final Fantasy VIII, Secret of Mana together with me, and The Last Remnant comes to mind) and.. Well.. Let's just say that it's very possible to be fucking bad at RPGs, at least.

She's also bad at Pokémon because she cares more about cuteness than stats, her favorite Pokémon is Elekid which she does not evolve, and she has no idea what natures or EV training is even after I've explained it to her. Despite this, she's not a stupid person, and works in cell biology research to attempt to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

This too, you can be bad at RPGs because you lack the required skills to play them.
Most people on Cred Forums have them so it sounds like I am trying to brag instead of just stating facts, I would never brag about being able to play RPGs anywhere really

>Yeah, so they lack those skills needed to play RPGs, they just seem easy to you because you are used to them
I'm not saying that RPGs don't take a certain skillset, what I'm saying is that skillset is by and large painfully simple to acquire and master, especially in comparison to top-tier skill levels in other genres. Basically, RPGs have a low skill floor (easy to be adequate) and a relatively low skill ceiling (easy to git gud).

Continuing on, that's not to say people can't be bad at RPGs, but it's typically due to them having virtually zero experience with the genre, or any interest in acquiring any sort of skill at it. I'm exaggerating here, but give someone the time to go through a few Final Fantasy games, maybe a SMT game, and they're basically set as a whole for the genre I think.

>anecdotal proof

Your girlfriend is a woman. Probably touches videogames only when she is with you because she wants to do you a favor.

>most people

Most people don't even know how to press more than one button at a time, is that a skill too?

there you go google

This is nice thread, brehs

>Your girlfriend is a woman. Probably touches videogames only when she is with you because she wants to do you a favor.

She likes videogames a lot actually but she's very casual about it. Her favorite titles are Portal 2, Animal Crossing, League of Legends (She's gold there, actually), Pokémon, and Terraria which she takes very seriously for some reason. She also used to play World of Warcraft for years but struggled a bit with the mechanics of the boss fights in dungeons. And she's almost as good as I am at Mario Party on the Wii.

fixed for aesthetics

Love me some shootan.

>playing Mario Party with ANYONE
The fuck are you doing user? You don't want to be arrested for aggravated murder, do you?

>people spending more than 30 points
Cheating whores.

I fucking love puzzle games. It's a shame there aren't many great ones.

Some people just aren't shit at vidya, user.

Yeah okay, the skillset required is there, though isn't generally too much because it's more knowledge about the game and strategy than practical skills.
That's my argument as well, I never said they need a higher skill ceiling than other genres, just that there are some skills needed to git gud at them, thus making the "RPGs require no skills" argument stupid.

Look, every person I have known so far outside of Cred Forums and some other boards simply suck at RPGs so much even if they understand stats, I also thought the same based on my own ability to get them, I never thought you could be so comically bad at them until I saw it myself.
And by comically bad, I mean like having a character with very high physical defense and shit special defense and trying to "balance", ending up in needing to grind because bosses are beating your shit or completely ignore buffs/debuffs while walking around with little to none recovery items

Haha. Yeah. She always tries to fuck me over too, intentionally only harming my progress instead of the NPCs if we're playing just the two of us. And to make matters worse, she plays the super annoying Toadette which has this retardedly squeeky voice. Just imagine this fucking face (pic) when she beats you, plus my girlfriend trying to imitate the same smugness in real life. Ugh. Fortunately I still manage to win most of the time, but luck isn't always on my side and she's very good at some of the mini games. (In particular the 'shake it up' one, which is basically just shaking the Wii mote as if you're giving someone one hell of a handjob..)

Honest man

Honest to be honest

>OP is actually testing anons paint skills

ten in all except moba since that genre is mad lame as all hell with being all boring and shit to play

I'd say most people judge RPGs in comparison to how hard it is to git gud in other genres, hence the
>RPGs take no skill
complaint, because honestly, it's true when you're comparing it to other genres like Shoot-em-ups or RTS games or something, there's typically a lot larger time investment to reach any sort of mastery level for those genres than for most RPGs I'd say.

>niggas think they're good at RPGs but haven't played Wizardry IV

Well yeah, if that's the argument then okay, it makes perfect sense, even if I can point at some personal examples of people being good at RTS and sucking at easy RPGs such as Neptunia

With accompanying explanations:

Fighting: Fuck I am just straight up fucking awful at these. I have nothing to say on the matter.

RTS: I have no interest in micromanagement. I like the genre and some of my fondest memories of playing games as a babby were dicking around with SC, but eh, just never followed through.

MOBA: In direct contrast, I fucking love micromanagement in MOBAs. For a while, LoL was all I played and I became mechanically skilled at a number of champs. Inb4 League is dum hurr hurr, we know, but it's still a fun waste of time once you realize you can carry more games to victory than to loss.

Racing: No competitive instinct for racing games. I just love the scenery desu. If anyone has any comfy racing games to recommend, pls do

FPS: Same as League. I played FPSs religiously for a little, starting with CS and Blackhawk Down and moving up to all types. Right now Overwatch has my attention and I'm currently having """"fun"""" in Diamond hell.

Rhythm: I love them so much but man I just don't have the reflexes for them.

2D sidescroll: Been forever since I played one but eh, I was okay at them. Average?

3D action: In direct contrast with my abilities at fighting games. I can hammer down combos and move strategically in a 3D environment like fucking nothing. I can't explain it.

RPG: Grandmaster wizard, as this is my favorite genre and I spend all my time minmaxing and strategizing, from tabletops to video ones.

Puzzle games: I just play them to relax before bed. I'm a bit above average and when something stumps me I just sleep on it.

i think its more: you are either good at RPGs or not, there is no growth of skill from playing, you dont suddenly start to understand basic math or situational strategy from playing an RPG, you ever have those skills or you dont.

Something like that, dunno.

Nah, I'd say you can grow as a player from playing RPGs. I'd use most peoples' first SMT game as an example, it's typically reliant on good usage of Buffs, Debuffs, and Elemental Weaknesses/Resists, and abuse thereof, which I'd say classifies as the player learning both situational analysis and how to best game the system in question to their favor, which is a skill that translates well to any game.

Few notes. The biggest issue is that while a ton of games can be grouped as puzzle games there is a huge difference between making giant flawless combos on Magical Drop vs solving a riddle.

>RTS
Not going to micromanage but I can finish the hardest campaigns on some of the castle based games.
>Moba
Based on Smite & Awesomenauts, good enough to work well with a decent team but not good enough to carry a bad team. Any other Moba I'll be ass with as the controls are stupid imo.
>Racing
Based on how well I got on F-Zero GX. Beat the story on hard but never went full speedrunner with it with snaking and such.
>FPS & Rhythm
I suck complete ass with most but it really depends on the game.
>3D action
I assume it meant games like Mario 64 and not stuff like Dark Souls. Given how people talk about Dark Souls I must be a god on it and find "normal" 3D platformers much much harder. Mario Sunshine had a few stages that kill me more than anything Dark Souls didn't even came close to.
>RPG
What is grinding? I can complete SMT games on hard with self challenges such as no items and I can also just grind all day on Runescape & Maplestory. I'm pretty braindead either way.
>Puzzle games.
I can kick anyone ass on Magical Drop if I ever start playing again and most games like it and I am just above average on most thinking games. Anti-chamber admittedly took me a while but I completed it without a guide though I did one puzzle completely wrong but made it work in my case.

I've spent a lot of time playing FPS games. Mechanically I'm better than most players, but worse than most people who compete. I don't often have much awareness of other players. I can easily dominate in free-for-all gamemodes but I struggle in teamfights or 1v1 scenarios.

I'm not sure how to rate my skill in RPG's. I never really thought of them as something that's easy or hard, they're kind of... free? If you can't get through something, just grind and then you can. there's not much skill required, only if you want to beat it more quickly.

I think RTS games are really interesting from a design perspective but I'm pretty terrible at them.

I'm good at puzzles, terrible at riddles.

>implying I play ASSFAGGOTS
>implying RPGs require any technical skill

I am not very good at vidya, but I can't stop playing it.

R8 n H8

>too lazy to put dots
>type out all that shit
okay

What's the point of this thread, OP?

Fighting - 7, actually got top 16 at a major with over 100 people, have won numerous locals
MOBA - 1, shit games, don't play them
Racing - 3, I'm pretty damn good at arcade racers but that's about it
FPS - 5, pretty good at these, never bother competitively playing them though
Rhythm - 5, I'm damn good at expert drums in Rock Band (was top 200 on leaderboards at one point) but that's about it
3D action - 7, never really had a problem with these games
RPG - 7, same as above
Puzzle - 2, don't really play these games but I could probably be good at them if I wanted to

Same point as your post I assume. Because you can and it is free.

Useless data

As for RPGs, you can say you are good at them when you mostly don't need to grind to bruteforce your way through, especially if a certain boss/dungeon requires you to have a certain set of skills or strategy to defeat them with ease, like a weak point or something less obvious like dangerous skills you have to disable/avoid somehow

We overinflate our skills at video games and wave our dicks around.

Seeing how Cred Forums is good at genres? Not everyone just wants to brag, some people like to take datas or rate themselves objectively for no real reason other than being fun for them

But I've seen age threads before and now this. Perhaps the data isn't as useless as it seems?

Only game ive been good at is Starcraft 2

>Dark souls doesn't take skill
not all RPGs are Turn based.

Must be some data research goyims.
Makes sense since data science is getting more popular.

Perhaps Bush did 9/11. I mean, what about World Trade Center building seven. It fucking fell too and was not even hit by a plane! And almost nobody even talked about it. Very suspicious.

Dark Souls takes almost no skill.

Dark Souls still doesn't take skill.

youtube.com/watch?v=5m2a2dLdZ0M

I would consider DS as an ARPG, they take in consideration action skills

Not trying to be overly paranoid or shitting on anything but it raised some flags for me.

It's clearly not as useless as people think, but neither is it quite as accurate as the more paranoid among us might think it to be either. Typically, most people are more honest in an anonymous setting, though there are those that just go straight for the E-Peen and make themselves gods at everything they do.

Honestly, I could see this being a generalized research data set, but not much more on it's own.

>does the hardest song blindfolded
That doesn't mean shit when it's all about audio cues.

Nice additions, but you should lower mentally retarded to 3

Guitar Hero master here.

op here
I've always thought it was incredible. I used to see people who could play Heavy-difficulty songs in DDR at the arcade with their back facing the screen. To this day, I don't get how the hell they could memorize all the arrows and be so good. That is the pinnacle of rhythm skill IMO.

>good at more than SSB
Then guess I am 6 at fightans, I am decent at games like Tekken and DoA

RPG's aren't exactly the most challenging of games

>human aimbotter
In a TPS I played, most people were impressed by my aiming skills, so I guess I should change it to 8 even if I don't care about that genre much

True, it wouldn't be entirely accurate but would be a great collection of data.

As I said I hate to be paranoid. I just got back from talking with friends that now work in advertising/marketing, editing (trailers) and it got me paranoid by the shit they said.

There's a difference between paranoia and healthy fear, and given what the marketing sector can, has, and will do to get your personal data, I'd say it tends to fall into the latter.

>Cred Forums
>good at fighting games
I already know all these people are fucking lying

Smash is a fighting game :^)

I have twitchy hands and like to rush things

I can pass this song in DDR with a score of 70%, but never got a 100% on any song; not sure where that would put me.
youtube.com/watch?v=XMXR9wElS6o

Aside from that, platformers are what I'm most experienced with.

I'm so bad at racing games I even manage to fuck up crashing in Burnout.

>no rogue-likes
>no turn based strategy
>no autism simulators
Casual detected

This only works because he has a million stamina and can keep his shield up the entire fight, but it's still pretty impressive. Still, the guy is issuing the correct commands most of the time so it's still a skill for sure - Your video PROVES that more than anything else since there's tons of other Youtube clips out there of people getting rekt by the same boss even though they're trying their hardest and playing with an actual controller.

Disclaimer for MOBA:
I never actually hit gold, because I hate competitive bullshit and couldn't be arsed to play ranked all the time.

My buddies who are still playing say I'd probably still be the best of us and they're platinum so that's what I'm basing the rating on. Feel free to take it as a 3-4 if you think that's bullshit, I don't care.

Shouldn't you be better at fighters?

>I never actually hit gold, because I hate competitive bullshit and couldn't be arsed to play ranked all the time.

lol, nice excuse you fucking scrub

Also, in the video he mentions how he died 112 times before he got it right. And how he did better and better the more he practiced at it.

Nah, I'm equally bad there too.
Just didn't have a simple thing to compare to show how bad I am.

I just accept that I can't even quarter-circle reliably.

>fighting
2. Not a 1 because I played a bit of soulcaliber and smash bros, but im terrible.
>RTS
8. Tickle my ass and call me Samantha, do I love RTS, grand strat, turn based, you name it. I played 90% of Paradox' catalog, all the RTS of C&C, AoE, TW, CoH, Supreme Commander, Total Annihilation, Starcraft... Holy shit I'm gonna play some after this
>moba
3. Played some 50 hours of LoL with a friend. Gotta admit it's fun, but was late to the party and dont feel like catching up
>Racing
8. Dare I say 9? I go karted for 10 years and did 2 years of touring car racing. I bought an xbox just for forza to go with my f1 and GT. Give me my steering wheel and pedals and Im gone for a week.
>fps
6. Loved to play css with friends, some noob clan I was in got me to play cod2 and cod4 which were nice. Loved the shit outta BF bad company, but it just got kind of stale after BF3.
>rythm
3. I can do half of muse's discography on guitar, but fuck these games
>2D sidescroll
3. I liked DK. Thats it.
>3D action
What a shitty genre, cant you be more specific? 8 I guess. Bayonetta no problem, love me some ninja gaiden and I got about 1000hrs in soulsborne.
>RPG
>skill in RPG
You mean grinding?
>puzzle
Is this even a genre?

Dunning Kruger effect user. Just because a majority of people are shit at it doesn't mean it takes skill.

you might not want to, but you really should add a sports category user.

>You mean grinding?
Confirmed shit at RPG

Better than all my friends at fightan but not a tourney level.

>tfw games are more fun when you're terrible to somewhat-proficient, at best mildly skilled at them

The number of games I've played probably numbers below 50.

>Fighting
I can dominate hotseat gameplay against friends and hold up decently in lower ranks online but that's about it
>RTS
Don't have much experience with the genre
>MOBA
I've never played assfaggots
>Racing
Generally good, nowhere near the best kinds of players
>FPS
Better than average and I have an excellent game sense, aim is nowhere near pro-level which ultimately is what brings me down
>Rhythm
I can pick up practically any rhythm game and hit the upper tier difficulties within a few hours, and give me a few weeks and I'll start full-comboing the hardest songs
>2D sidescrollers
My bread and butter
>3D action
meh
>RPG
Only good at them because I autistically theorycraft everything into oblivion.
>Puzzle games
I have a great spatial sense and memory and generally have no issue with logic puzzles. Don't think I've ever played a puzzle game that I thought was too hard

Fuck MOBAs

4 for fighting
2 for rts
8 for moba
3 for racing
6 for fps
0, for rhythm, can't even beat easy songs on gutair hero without 5+tries or anything plus normal on osu!
6 for sidescrollers
9 for 3d action
7 for RPG
4 for puzzle games

R8 me fags

>Just because a majority of people are shit at it doesn't mean it takes skill.

>MAJORITY
>doesn't mean it takes skill

A special kind of stupid.

Skill word definition: the ability, coming from one's knowledge, practice, aptitude, etc., to do something well

You play and beat La-Mulana yet, user?

Jack of all trades here.
I don't really play MOBA or RTS though, something about the controls piss me off.

For level 10 RPGs, you can write "Consistently wins Roguelikes."

Where's MMORPG? Need to put my 6 years at WoW for a good use.

Such a things.

casual here

fighting games are shit

i've played rhythm games for a total of less than 1 hour

If you're going to go full autist mode and use the most broad definition of the word then Dark Souls is still easy because it requires a smaller variety of skills than most action games.

Not joking at some since I played in arcades and FPS I consider twitch arena shooter. RPG if it needs the best setup I have to contemplate for days but usually end up with a strong getup or good addition to a team be it table-top. Puzzles I suck at unless it's Tetris.

I'm a simple man.

I didnt sit through 100 hrs of witcher 3 and 100% it to get talked shit to. Go back to your crappy fallout and jack off in your shitty base or something. RPGs are movie simulators where you have to walk 2 hours to get to the next scene. I feel more pride in taking a shit than I feel from watching 15 hours of final fantasy cutscenes

>fighting games are shit
you're shit at fighting games.

Leaguefag checking in

Word of advice, use PNG, not JPG and don't use anti-aliasing.

>fighting games are shit

Try a few more and don't fucking go online for a while or visit this site or reddit.

Just chill with locals and friends knocking each other. Online is immediate cancer and you should fucking know that.

in my experience fighting games are just exploiting a characters moveset and being as gay as fucking possible. i've only played mortal combat, streetfighter, soul calibur, marvel vs capcom series though.

smash bros seems pretty cool but ive only played a few hours

Never said it was not easy, but saying it doesn't take skill yet claiming it's something that the majority of people cannot do is fucking retarded. A skill is literally when you can do something well that other people cannot.

What you are thinking of is talent - A special ability to do something that most others cannot which comes to you naturally. Dark Souls does not require talent, because you can learn how to beat it easily - But that means you're learning a skill, or hat you either already have one, albeit a pretty useless one.

No, it seems extremely slow, boring and mediocre in general and I'm convinced Cred Forums only likes it because it's a Japanese indie game so it gets a free pass from any quality checks. Just like Cave Story, which was nothing to write home about.

>fighting
i can do half of most trials in usf4 but ive never won an online match, but i'd say im better than all of my friends

i also play melee/smash 4 but im just ok

>rts
i was pretty good at aoe2 years ago, never got into starcraft

>moba
couldnt get into them

>racing
im pretty good at mario kart??

>fps
played ql and comp tf2 for a couple years, high diamond-low master in ow rn

>rhythm
always been shit at ddr; not overweight, just lanky and uncoordinated

>2d sidescroll
ok i guess

>3d action
ok i guess

>rpg
ok i guess

>puzzle games
probably on par

Meh.

That isn't even close to what the Dunning Kruger effect is. Are you maybe retarded?

Looking at you guys it feels like I've overrated myself, but I think it's more like you underrating yourselves.

Ehh at least I'm honest.

>implying button mashing isn't superior

A majority of people are fucking retarded. Pressing B and RB is a "skill" but it's not the kind of skill people talk about when we're talking about developed skill, and regardless of how many people can do whatever isn't the baseline of a skill. But the point is you don't even have to be good at Dark Souls to beat it, meaning it takes much less skills than any RPG.

Most of the low skill ones are due to the fact that I just don't play them.

Whats the difference between talent and possessing a skill naturally?

Now that I think about it, I am quite shit at vidya

I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion user, but I will admit it's a slower paced game on the whole. How far did you get into it?

Talent is often described as a 'special ability' - Being able to do something that other people cannot, and that oftentimes they cannot even learn no matter how hard they try. For example, a person with artistic talent may be able to picture something in their head and then actually put that mental image onto a canvas almost exactly like they imagined it, meanwhile most of us plebs will never be able to learn that. We can practice hard and get better at painting, but we can never learn that raw talent, and so we will always be overshadowed by someone more gifted than us. Unless we're talking about modern art, in which case anyone can do it..

I am average incarnate at everything.

damn, feel like a one trick pony

I have not played it at all, it just doesn't interest me at all from what I've seen and heard. The promise of "some of the hardest puzzles in vidya" doesn't entice me at all when everything else about it seems so lackluster and I'd rather play a puzzle or adventure game that has other elements that appeal to my preferences.

Plus, when people give it the reputation as hard puzzle game sounds like a huge red flag and makes me suspect it's full of illogical, obtuse and unfair puzzles. Kind of like when people say IWBTG is a hard platformer when 99% of its difficulty stems from (intentionally) shit level design.

Ooh baby I'm looking forward to all the replies I get to this!!!

What was the best but also hardest puzzle game you've played? The puzzles need to be good and the main selling point, but I simply cannot get into it if the game itself is complete and utter rubbish.

I played "Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments" recently - Kind of an unheard of/underrated game I must say - Which had a decent enough storyline meanwhile you did the puzzles. Thought it was great but the puzzles themselves varied from very simple to slightly difficult. Nothing that really made me struggle for a long long time.

Already played The 7th Guest although that game is fucking awesome. Know anything like that?

"Talent" is a made up word used by people who are too lazy to acquire skill so that they can feel better about themselves when someone else does something they can't.

>Picks pink as your skill color of choice..
>RPG numbero uno

Healslut / 10.

How do you rate RPG skeelz?

I play as Winston.

Talent and skill are synonyms you know. They have the same meaning.

I'm assuming Assuming 10 is "gifted competitive level", so I don't hit 10 in any genre.

>Fighting, RTS, MOBA
I'm complete trash at all of these. The one blip I have in fighting is just from Smash Bros., which barely even counts.

>Racing
My racing level is entirely based off of Mario Kart. I originally had it at 9, but when I took into consideration that Mario Kart is probably "babby's first racing game" as far as the whole genre goes, I knocked it down a couple notches. That said, I've been routinely taking on and destroying Japs in every online Mario Kart since DS. So surely that counts for something.

>FPS
I'm good at FPS's. Not much else to say there.

>Rhythm
The one genre I'm actually great at. I've won Guitar Hero and Rock Band tournaments.

>2D sidescroll
I'm good.

>3D action
I'm alright.

>RPG
Simplistic Nintendo RPGs like Mario and Pokemon, I'm great at. Complex RPGs like, well, practically everything else, I'm awful at. This is the genre where I always pick easy mode. I've never touched an MMORPG, but I'd probably suck shit at them too.

>Puzzle games
I'm only decent at the more complex chain-based puzzlers like Panel de Pon and Puyo Puyo, but I'm pretty good at Tetris and Dr. Mario. You better be Jap level or above to challenge me at Dr. Mario; that's another game where I routinely annihilate Japs online.

I like your style, so I'm stealing it thanks.

There are a grand total of about 3 puzzles in the game that are utterly obtuse bullshit, and only one's required for progression. Protip:Take a Knee means to go down. Basically everything else can be intuited given enough effort to the levels and tablets.

About the biggest complaint I had in terms of gameplay is how jumping works, but it's used smartly towards the end of the game so I can't be too mad with it.

Also,
>passing judgment on a game you've never played
I know we're on Cred Forums here, but come on user. What's the worst that'll happen, you waste a few hours of your time?

Eh. When I was seven years old, I thought I was good at drawing dragons and dinosaurs. Half the time when I was drawing anything at all, I would be drawing dragons and dinosaurs, and they kept looking better and better. All the kids in my class were fucking AMAZED by my dragons and dinosaurs.

Then, during the spring semester, in comes this new student. Eduardo is his name, and he's Mexican, barely speaks English. His family just moved into town and he joins us in class. And let's just say he was not the brightest tool in the forest. But FUCK ME, that kid could draw dragons and dinosaurs that made mine look like garbage. With a few correctly placed strokes with his fucking crayons, he could literally beat a dinosaur or dragon that I had spent half an hour on in 30 seconds. He just had a whole different approach to it. And he normally didn't even draw dragons or dinosaurs - He only did it because I was doing it. He could draw anything. Fucking Eduardo.

Because you fantasize about his beastly dick.

When I listen to music, I can't help but picture what it would be like playing it at 1.5x speed and what the beatmap would look like.

2D sidescrollers and 3D action games are my jam!

Those are just guesses, I'd say that I have the basics down for most games except for RTS since I never really played them.

I've been thinking about getting into AoE2 but I'm not sure how to start exactly and it looks like there are two kinds of MP systems: HD edition and Voobly

Also there are very different kind of Puzzle games, I'm pretty shit at PuyoPuyo but I really like Picross or Layton games. I really got into the genre with Tetris and Kula World but I never played Myst and it's been in my evergrowing backlog

RPG is a bit weird to rate since it's more about planning and sometimes luck (as in choosing a skill/class that's imbalanced or bugged).
10 for RPG should be "Wizardry IV is my bitch"

I forgot my skillrating.

You must play a lot of weeb games.

8, 6, 4, 8, 9, 9, 7, 8, 10, 8
I'll be a 9 on fightan soon. Been grinding it out lately

And you amount that to some kind of mysterious "talent" and not the fact that he had probably figured out the basics of drawing and construction at a young age?

I consider anything rated 5 as "room for improvement." IE not totally hopeless.

>Fighting
I'm aware of the concepts but since I'm generally a console behind every generation, any fighting game I pick up is generally dead by the time I get it. So I've got no one to really play. Catch me on Sonic the Fighters though
>RTS
I haven't touched an RTS since I was 7. It was Starcraft and I couldn't beat the second level, IIRC.
>MOBA
Well, >IMPLICATIONS aside, I'm a decent hand at Smite and League.
>Racing
Now we're into my shit. It's not like I'm super competitive with racing games; I just like to cruise uninterrupted while listening to music. I just play and play until I have racing lines and speed control into muscle memory. Still, I have a habit of putting pedal to the metal at all times and every chance.
>FPS
My first love was Unreal Tournament followed by classic Doom, Half Life, and then Call of Duty and Halo. Never played much Counter Strike of any form because I find it to be too paced and controlled when all I'm in the mood for is loud chaos, spree ending, and DID YOU SEE THAT SHIT.webms. Not that I dislike watching it; just playing it feels off. My reflexes and aim are pretty good, but still, I can't carry a team of scrubs to victory solo.
>Rhythm
It's fun. DDR and Elite Beat Agents/Osu is a blast, but fuck me you'll never catch me on that Japanese shit. That shit is goddamn unreal.
>2D sidescroll
I can do it, but it wears on the patience to get fucked by while trying to jump between platforms.
>RPGs
Most can be beaten by reading guides, but it gets half a notch at 7 because I do have a head for mechanics and a patience for grinding.
>Puzzles
Leave me alone with a puzzle long enough and I'll solve it. But really, I prefer Picross and sudoku to Layton and point and clicks.

Apparently, I'm bad at vidya.

r8 and h8

Ran out of space and I lost the drive to explain 3D action
There was a period when I was broke as fuck and someone let me borrow the Devil May Cry Collection and MGR:R. It was all I played for few months. I can do some combo video quality shit but wanking myself off like that feels wrong.

Niggah, you don't understand what kind of level these dragons and dinosaurs were at. The BASICS of drawing? No, no, no, no. If you type in 'badass dragon' on Google right now, I swear one of the first results there is the work of Eduardo, or at least one of his apostles since he was the fucking Messiah of dragons and dinosaurs.

He literally did line art for pictures far superior than attached image in like eight seconds with a fucking crayon at age 7.

There is nothing mysterious about it. It's a well-known fact that each individuals mind and brain works differently from one another. Some people are naturally better at some things than other people are, and learn things in those fields easier, and it's not necessarily about interest or passion.

I am a God at FPS and fighters sometimes

>Went to an art class once because I wanted to get better at drawing
>Stacked up against all these smug ass artists
>Doing charcoal sketches
>Spend an hour doing a single square cube and it still comes out wrong
>Smug artists have draw the full still life and everything
>Feel terrible
>Keep at it
>Still suck
>Near the end
>Doing a still life with a small pink rubber duck on it
>Decide that I am going to draw the fuck out of that duck
>3 hours later
>I drew the fuck out of that duck
>Teacher comes by, compliments my duck

I don't ever need to draw again.
I proved I could to myself.
But holy shit I am slow at it.

I can't edit images right now.
>Fighting games
>RTS
1 I don't play them at all
>MOBA
1 i don't play them at all
Racing
8 if kart racing, 4 if all other types
FPS
Rhythm
2D Sidescroll
3D Action
Rpg
Puzzle games

Im not proud of being a competitive CS autist for 15+ years, and I stopped playing when CSGO came out (because its shit).

Also osu! all day every day.

People absolutely work differently, but to think that "talent" would be some kind of deciding factor whether you can be good at something or not is either narcissistic or self-defeating (or both).

Unless you are literally handicapped (the actual word, as in physically or mentally unable to perform certain tasks) you have no excuse.

>tfw you play RTS on easy just to chill

I am largely mediocre.

You can be good without talent.
You can be bad with talent.

However people with talent will naturally acquire skill in that area faster than those without.
That's all talent really is.
How well you take to something that's presented to you.

Just as some people can learn dozens of programming languages in a week and then fail to grasp a single foreign language after months of effort.

People who say "I'm not talented in X" are just using it as an excuse. They should still try and learn what they can even if it's just to experience it than to use the skill as a profession. But talent is a real fact of life and thinking otherwise is just naive.

im better in the genres that dont have many good games, yet are terrible in the ones that do.

I am a failure.

I started, but I'm not filling out all that shit.

Also, you need stealth, MMOs, and RPGs take an entirely different type of skill, that might not be on a 1-10 scale.
More like determination.

I like to think that 5 is where the average is, and I consistently beat average with my eyes closed.
But 8s and 9s are on another fucking level, man.

please add flight sim and milsim categories, those are all I really play

you should work as a gaming journalist user, vid or anons bullshiting

I play mostly "FPS" games that are more about tactics, strategy, and positioning than flick aiming. I'd consider myself very good at those games, but only average at traditional shooters like Quake and CS