Hacked you why 3ds your yet haven't?

Hacked you why 3ds your yet haven't?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND
gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/
3ds.titlekeys.com/.
aliexpress.com/item/Datel-AR-PowerSaves-Pro-for-New-3DS-XL-for-2DS-NTSC-US/32334635304.html
gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/
aliexpress.com/item/Datel-AR-Power-Saves-for-Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-2DS-EU-AU-PAL-Version/32326440712.html
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
gbatemp.net/threads/streetpass-mii-plaza-puzzle-swap-save-editor.420765/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have tho
Too bad the games are boring as shit

Because I'm lazy.

Too much effort for that one game I want to play at this point.

i have and finished my backlog
there's 0 things to do with it until they accomplish rom loading

Because i am no professional hacker from anonymous.

fucking this

i dont know how :(

can you hack the new 3ds?

11.U is why dawg. I'm too retarded.

Because it's illegal.

same

I threw Homebrew on a 2DS so I can inject Pokemon for me and some friends. Nothing else to play that I don't already actually own.

No idea how, that's why.

How does it feel to know that Reggie doesn't respect you?

>set homebrew on my 3DS
>absolutely love it
>2 months later
>right hinge breaks
>now the top screen comes of halfway and it's really annoying
>have to buy another one and set up homebrew again

Probably will buy a n3DS. I heard you can tell what firmware it's on by the serial number or buying a older bundle.. Is the serial number on the box?

Because the firmware is too high

Because you keep making these threads every day.

Because buying games pisses you off

I tried following more than one guide on how to install CFW on a 3ds and still couldn't figure it out so I just bought a sky3ds and play my pirated games that way. The flash cart I got is really nice because I can update to the latest version and it still works fine.

In how deep a shit am I if I hacked back in January, have 9.2 on sysNAND, 11.1 on emuNAND with Menuhax + RX and Luma?

I want to get a9hl and all the latest shit but I don't know if it's safe or possible at all to do with an already hacked console.

Ecstatic.

because im on 11.0-33E and dont have access to another hacked console (and no, i dont want to hardmod)

Because I respect the developers and only emulate games that I can no longer buy legally

Kys, beeyotch. I hope Reggie gets the Yakuza to brick the frickin frick out of your 3ds for shilling your gay cyber aids, botch niqqa.

DS loading when

I already got an R4 but I wanna be able to overclock DS games into DSi hardware (possibly 3DS in the future) and have neat little icons on my homescreen. Also I need a new method to play DS soon because...

>few days ago
>lil bro brings over some kids home for school work
>one of them has a DS and an R4
>"well that's neat"
>notice his games constantly crash because his R4 is spent as fuck, feel kinda bad for him
>few days later that kid is back
>his R4 died
>ask him to see it, swap it around with mine and Luma3DS perfectly picks up the slack on my 3DS
>his R4 works on my system, mine work on his
>swap my pristine R4 with him and give him a new stylus because his was just a makeshift thing made of duct tape and aluminum
>he thanks me and goes home ecstatic
>mfw

Felt pretty great but now I'm afraid his R4 on my system might die soon. My country is pretty poor so the little tike really needed that R4 since games cost a fuckton of money

I'd somehow fuck it up and brick my system

The plailect guide is pretty much idiot proof and the first thing to pop on google for me

The hacks have been out for nearly a year now. Why the fuck did you keep updating when you knew it was only a matter of time? All firmwares from back when the first hacks hit are wide open now.

Your only excuse is if you bought your 3DS yesterday and it came with 11.1 preinstalled, otherwise you're a gigantic fucking retard.

Im a buyfag but my 3dsxl gameslot reader broke down, I want to keep on using it by pirating but i'm on the latest firmware.

Sucks.

What can I do?

>have 3DS's whole library in my hands
>only play Picross 3D

I enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Working for a game that you saved up for makes it more enjoyable. Pirating games just turns you into Tired Gamer General.

>People hacked their 3DS
>Still can't play many games properly like Kirby Planet Robobot
Kek

>hacked systems can't play robobot properly
>source: my ass

Care to elaborate on that?

>You can't play 3DS properly on a hacked 3DS

A friend of mine who has hacked his 3DS and played many 3DS games like that can't play this game properly since it doesn't keeps the saves. Same goes for Senran Kagura 2.

I agree with this but also I miss the advantages of being able to play region free and mod stuff like the soundtrack in Dragon Quest.

Also digital DS games, is this ever going to happen?

I have all the games I've wanted so far (~20 titles) and just wait for new releases. I may hack my unit once 3DS's life span has ended and there still are non-localized games I'm interested in.

Seriously, why poorfags bitch about DQ7 default soundtrack? It's fine the way it is.

I feel like the region thing is kinda moot considering everything under the sun got localized.

Bullshit. Everything works perfectly on my N3DS and my brother's O3DS and I 100%ed robobot

Your friend probably has a botched CFW or SD card

Soon

>Having a dumb friend

Friend sounds like some sort of fuck up, because my saves work just fine. I went through Kirby with no issues, along with plenty of other games.

He's got a bad rom. That doesn't happen for literally anyone else.

>Install freeShop
Oh my god this is amazing. How did I get by without this thing before?

I found a drancia saga .CIA on a chinese site and installed it

It's not on FreeShop so how can I get its title ID and whatever to upload its data? I wanna share this game with you people

Well it just would be nice if I could import SMTIV Apocalypse right now and play in the UK rather than wait.

:(

Atlas hates Europe, for some reason.

>Combining it with ciangel to download some DLCs and updates that you can with FreeShop

Man, the 3DS piracy is just fantastic.

>that you can't*

Fug.

I CAN AFFORD TO BUY MY GAMES
SHOCKING Cred Forums I KNOW

>Combining it with ciangel to download some DLCs and updates that you can with FreeShop
You realize you can download DLC and updates with FreeShop right? You just go into the installed games list and click on things with an exclamation mark next to them.

If you mean the title-key so people can install it from Freeshop and such then you can't because it's not part of the .cia. Rather, you'd have to purchase the game on eshop (if it's on there) and extract the key from your nand.

Well shit. Thanks anyway user

Since when is buying games and having a hacked system mutually exclusive? The only reason you'd pirate is because you have no self control, are poor, or don't want to spend the money.

>You realize you can download DLC and updates with FreeShop right
Yes, but you can't download DLC and update for some games that you can with ciangel.

For example, a few hours ago I had to update Hyrule Warriors and Federation Force with Ciangel because the updates aren't available in Freeshop.

For me it's more about the shitty digital on 3DS.

>actually locking your purchases to a device
Is there a more retarded method to handle it? If you 3Ds goes to shit and you can't fix it you're fucked.

I used to use Gateway on my N3DS, I since updated it to use A9LH with Luma and shit is so much better.
I never used cheats much but I can still if I want to, using BootNTR. Shit I can do 3DS "corruptions" too.

I'm half-way through with hacking my N3DS XL. That's the main system I use with years of StreetPass Mii Plaza progress, all the games I've bought, my NNID etc.
Instead of transferring a system with the hacked DSiWare to my N3DS XL, and losing my stuff in the process, I transferred my main system to the hacked N3DS and now it has everything I care about plus the benefits of hacking.
In a few days time I can transfer my system back to the N3DS XL, with the hacked DSiWare title Fieldrunners in tow, and I can proceed with the firmware downgrade.

Don't be a clumsy white guy and take care of your shit.

>For example, a few hours ago I had to update Hyrule Warriors and Federation Force with Ciangel because the updates aren't available in Freeshop.

Have you updated your encTitleKeys.bin for freeshop?

I rung up nintendo when I lost my NNID between emunands and after proving I owned the account they simply unlinked it from my 3DS for me

It's not lost, you just gotta ask for nintendo's help to recover it should anything happen

>Le he pirate gaems cause he's poor maymay xDDDD

Sure thing, buyfag.

I'd say that hacking a N3DS is worth it just for the SNES VC alone

Is there a way to play GBA titles on emuNAND yet?

kind of, but just fucking switch to a9lh sysnand

How much effort does it take to switch from emunand to al9h? If it takes more than half an hour or so I'm not going to bother.

Going from nothing to a9lh usually takes an hour, but since you don't have to downgrade to 9.2 it should be a bit faster.

Assuming you're on something like 4.x or 9.x, the process takes about an hour, but only due to the process of copying files and such.

The gist of it is you'll boot into a program called Decrypt9 using an entrypoint. Decrypt9 then makes a backup of your SysNAND and using 2.1 files, downgrades your firmware to 2.1.
With your 3DS now on 2.1 firmware, you perform the A9LH installation via the web browser, and from there you will configure Luma3DS as your CFW, and perform a transfer of your EmuNAND to your SysNAND whilst keeping the A9LH exploit intact.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND

The moving of EmuNAND to SysNAND means keeping everything you've already installed on there, reaping the benefits of no longer needing an EmuNAND like better stability, more SD space, and easy GBA/DSiWare title installation.
This step adds a bit of time to the process unfortunately, because you need to backup everything on the SD card, format it to remove the EmuNAND partition, and then copy the files back onto it.

Well that sounds like a huge pain in the ass, so fuck it. I'll make do without GBA/DSiWare until I get bored enough to give it a go.

I don't do it just to spite you fuckers and your never ending threads.

It's less of a pain in the ass than you think.
It's mostly just following steps and copying files to an SD card a few times whilst you wait for the 3DS to do its thing.
Just put a movie on or something or play something else during the waiting periods.

I have it my friend, just waiting on ds rom loading my friend

hes a fucking retard

>>Hacked you why 3ds your yet haven't, mmmm?

Pretty much what happened to me. I guess I'm stuck buying and supporting the creators of the games I play. The bastards.

Eh, it's not really Yoda's inflection.
It'd be more like "Hacked your 3DS yet, why haven't you?"

Don't have one and I think if I did I wouldn't play it a whole lot.

If you want GBA games it'd be cheaper to just get a PSP and play them there

>Hacked you why 3ds your yet haven't?

It can't be cheaper than doing the free A9LH installation on the 3DS you already have.

PSP emulation is hit or miss, unlike GBA on the 3DS which uses native hardware.

PSPs are dirt cheap, and the hacking process is infinitely easier

>Hack 3DS
>Only play Genesis games
Every time.
3DS d-pad is shit

I dunno about cheaper, but it's really easy to play anything on PSP. Vita and 3DS hacking is such a pain in the ass. Hell, not even early battery swapping piracy days were this convoluted

Ya i has hacked mein 3ds :) playing majoras mask atm

user already has a hacked 3DS though, so it's better for him to play GBA games on that without emulation glitches rather than purchase a PSP and emulate on that.

How do I go from rxtools to A9lh and Luma? Do I have to "rehack" my 3DS from scratch?

I did hack mine. Currently sitting pretty with 36 games installed, including backups of my entire physical collection. Even finished one of them (Kirby Triple Deluxe). That's more than I can say for how it was before I hacked it.

Eh kind of. It depends on your sysnand version. If you're already on 9.2, which you probably are, it's significantly easier.

I just don't care.
There's not much good games anyway and I'd rather just play on PC.

Not him but I need to do it also, I put it off for so long. Got a link to a tutorial or anything?

Plailect's github guide.

I don't want to pirate.
I prefer buying games and supporting companies.

Well aren't you a happy little cuck

ITS ON 11:0 YOU JERK

Do then don't pirate and use the hacked system for the actual benefits like region free, screenshots without Miiverse, streaming and increased framerates with a N3DS, cheats if you so choose, homebrew, custom virtual console games, custom themes, and more.

Fuck sakes you people are idiots who only think of piracy with a hacked system, especially with a locked down system like the 3DS or Wii U where it's a way to get yourself a legitimate copy of the game from a foreign country and play it.

Then keep buying games? CFW still lets you use cartridges.
Personally, I only hacked mine to forgo paying for DLC. I'm not buying a game three times for store-exclusive bullshit.

I'm fine with that.

I don't hack either.
My 3DS is as pure as one can be.

You can still buy carts while installing it on your 3ds

I don't want to brick it

I did fucking hardmod, I tried to downgrade to 9.2 with menuhax and it bricked.

I got back my nand backup, it works fine, but I lost my entrypoint to homebrew and am fucked.

No.

>but I lost my entrypoint to homebrew and am fucked.
Anything under 11.0 can just use Browserhax. Are you telling me you don't understand how to use Browserhax?

No, I am telling you I'm on 11.0 (that's why hardmod).

Because I've played all two games I ever wanted to play on a 3DS ever already.

If your entrypoint was Menuhax then you should still have it provided you just made an SD card backup before you tried downgrading. If not then just go buy OoT and Powersaves which is like $30 in total. Hell, I think on 11.0 Browserhax still works, it's 11.1 that patched it.

Is it true that emulators don't run on the 2ds well?

Yeah, O3DS is shit.

Emulators only run well on the N3DS line because everyone is developing for those due to the extra power rather than the pathetic excuse for power that is the original systems. At best you can just VC inject. Don't even expect SNES emulators to not be shit.

I thought as much, but after I bricked it and restored via hm it no longer works. Browserhax doesn't work because of version check.

Oot and powersaves 30$ total? I doubt that.

So if I want the full emulation experience which model should I get?

I have a 3DS ready to hack but I'm a fucking moron when it comes to anything software.
Can someone link me the idiot-proof guide please ? I'd really like to play SMT4:A but I live in EU.

Kek

powersaves itself costs ~$20

>Browserhax doesn't work because of version check.
There's a bypass for it which just involves setting your clock back to 1/1/2000 at a specific time I Can't remember.

OoT dropped to $20 and Powersaves is like $10-20 at most.

Not poor.

N3DS or N3DS XL.

snes9x is passable.

Ah I see. Thanks.

The bypass works only till 10.7, they fixed it then.

I have

I really want to play DS games on the SD card so im waiting for that. How close are they with that anyway?

Plailect's github guide will take you through the whole process of hacking it. Check your firmware.

Dsi Mode hacking is being worked on currently. There's definitely some progress there and it might lead eventually to DS/DSi games as Cias

The best you can hope for out of the 2DS or Old 3DS is NES and Gameboy emulation.
Or GBA games since they run on the ARM9 processor, it's not actually emulation.

That said, there's an SNES9X emulator being optimised for the Old 3DS, which runs quite well. Due to how the video and audio runs asynchronously, frameskipping though present is not detrimental to play.
Shit runs even better on N3DS but does well on O3DS.
gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/
The recent v0.6 release did a good job with improving the sound too.

N3DS or N3DS XL like the other user said.
Also note that if you get the libretro pack of emulators, get the 1.3.3 stable release.
Anything after that has really nasty screen tearing problems on 3DS.

Also perks of having A9LH/Luma on an N3DS is you can force older 3DS games to run with N3DS clockspeeds.
If they ever dipped in framerate, that will eliminate it. Won't remove any framecaps though like the 20FPS in Metal Gear Solid 3D.

>Or GBA games since they run on the ARM9 processor, it's not actually emulation.
*arm7

sorry, I'm autistic.

I thought such things already existed but I wasn't sure.
The main thing we have out of DSiWare hacking so far, is if you can load homebrew via the SD card which can write anywhere it pleases in the 3DS NAND, making firmware downgrades on 11.x possible.

Sorry you're right, it is ARM7.

Thanks senpai. What's the best method for playing the recent games ? There's a lot of them.

Will Selects version of OoT work for the hax?

What games are you guys playing?
I've been dicking around with with shit like puzzle and dragons, but I don't know what games are worth my time that I haven't already played.
The infographic on the general is outdated and limited.

Downloading games with freeShop is most convenient, installing .cia files also works.

Most games that people care about are ridiculously easy to acquire using freeShop.
All you have to do is install the application from a .CIA file and then scan a QR code for encTitlekeys on 3ds.titlekeys.com/.
From then on the application will update itself and its titlekeys whenever you load it, and let you download the newest selection of games from the Nintendo eShop.

For the few titles not available from freeShop, there are places to get .CIA dumps anyway.

Yes, the reprinted version is the same, it doesn't fix the exploit.

I've been playing Ace Attorney Spirits of Justice, Dragon Quest VII, and actually, A Link to the Past randomized runs on SNES9x for Old 3DS.

Yes, that's why I keep saying it's $20.

Been using Snes9x to play Kyuuyaku megami tensei and SMT 1/2 on an o3ds. Works pretty much flawlessly

That guy's done some really outstanding work with that emulator.
The 0.6 update was just the icing on top when it fixed sound issues and fixes audio desync by opening the emulation menu.
Don't have to worry about putting the 3DS in sleep mode any more it's great.

Thanks for the info.
I have one more question, about the powersaves.

Is it that one: aliexpress.com/item/Datel-AR-PowerSaves-Pro-for-New-3DS-XL-for-2DS-NTSC-US/32334635304.html ?

And, I have o3ds eu version of console if that matters.

>supporting Nintendo and their censorship shit
Cancer.

I believe that's the kit you want, I'm not 100% sure.
I've not used PowerSaves myself.
This is probably the save file you want too?
gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/

Demos and homebrew are already possible to load. The devs are currently working on DLDI support, once that's done we might get commercial games.

Your Sysnand is below 11.0 and your console isn't bricked, so yeah it can be a9lh'd

I don't believe the PowerSaves device is region-locked in any way?
I don't know, I've not used it to know if Datel have done any of their usual shit to prevent you from using your own data instead of only their data.

Pretty sure over clocking is already possible. Last I saw it was a pain but I hear it's easier now

the guides have been too cryptic for a beginner

I did some more searching and it seems that "Powersaves Pro" is for US and that one will be good for me: aliexpress.com/item/Datel-AR-Power-Saves-for-Nintendo-New-3DS-XL-2DS-EU-AU-PAL-Version/32326440712.html

Dunno when or how it happened, but my firmware on the Settings page now says "Ver. 11-etc" instead of "Sys 11-etc"

Is that okay?

I just bought a new 3ds Mario 3d world bundle with the slick retro sprite plates. It's 10.7 so I'm reading all the guides on how to install homebrew. I already bought DQ7 but I want to try out the orchestral music.

What happens if you click View?

Supposedly very close. Check back in a few weeks.

No excuse I didn't know what the root of an sd card was when I read the guide and I still managed to do it.

That's what should happen if you've set up a9lh and luma

Recent Luna update also added support for editing that line to whatever you want.

No. That's not OK.

What happens when you boot the console with the SD card out? Do you have regular a9lh?

Luma*

Fucking phoneposting

this

also i'm extremely lazy

I hacked psp, that was easy and less hassle than this shit. and I did it by watching some dumbass youtube video when I was just a dumb fuck teenager

I looked at the guide, seemed too daunting and I've never fucked with sd cards or whatever even before too.

but im mainly just lazy.

So you're retarded. Cause it literally takes 45 minutes to hack the 3ds and you have step by step Hacking 3ds for Retards guides

took like 15 for psp

and judging by a few responses, it's not quite retarded enough.

not that you care, I still think it takes too much time and effort, and that the guide makes too much of an attempt to try and tell some shit it does not need to.

don't read that shit then

Doe ReiNand work on the current update?

>mfw stealing games from Nintendo's servers

I did it on an 8GB SD Card. Can I just drag and drop the data from an 8GB to a 16GB without issues or will the 3DS take a shit?

As long as you did it with A9LH and not some form of EmuNAND, everything is as easy as copy+paste

Oh, and I'd recommend getting more than 16GB. You'll fill that up pretty quick, especially if you're going for bigger releases. 3DS games can get over 3GB in certain cases.

64GB these days costs around $25.

Same shit happened to me but with the R shoulder, I was playing mk7 and all of the sudden the R shoulder RIPpped. And I'm gentle pressing the buttons (I even play Sm4sh since launch).

But I have

Yeah I did A9LH.

I also limit myself to about 3-4 games at a time so I dont increase my backlog

>Dragon Quest 7
>With the Orchestral patched in

Fuck that midi shit

got a japanese n3ds. i just want to get passed the region block to play the various retail games i have from different regions.

is gateway my best bet?

No, you idiot.

I haven't hacked my 3DS because streaming the display to my PC causes too much input lag. If there was a latency free way to play 3DS games on a big monitor, I would hack immediately

Why did they go with midi?

The composer of that music is incredibly anal about it. He doesn't want it leaving Japan.

they're gonna get you

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. That shit's only for people playing online without the proper private headers. Nintendo can't and won't do shit about FreeShop.

>That shit's only for people playing online without the proper private headers.

What does that mean?

That means that if you were using a Gateway/Sky3DS and were using a public dump to play online you got auto-banned. If you use the game as a .cia file(Not a .3ds file like the Gateway/Sky3DS) then you're fine since it uses your own console ID coupled with some other stuff to fool the system.

I had no idea. Thanks, user.

What? Nintendo can't catch you for playing online unless you play a game online that isn't available in your region yet. And only then. If it is out in your region, they can't tell shit no matter which version you play. They have to infer from seeing the 3DS' region versus the game being played.

Or are you talking Gateway?

I'm talking Gateway. And even in the case you mentioned, they'd have to look at each individual incident with a fine-toothed comb. I should know, I played MHX online months before the US release and was totally fine. Still no bans.

He's talking about private headers, so of course he's talking about flashcarts. Nintendo can also ban you for running NTR at all while in the Badge Arcade so there's that since they have some sort of check for it. Pokemon also has a bunch of checks that completely ban you for a month or something if the trading or battling systems detect messed up stats/

They also don't ban you if you play a foreign game since it can't differentiate players from their region unless the game itself tells them, that's why Monhun had the problem of people getting banned.

Paid like $13 for my 64 GB on an Amazon warehouse deal. Look for those

Holy hell relax dude. Not everyone who doesn't pirate is a mouth breathing retard.

Some people don't have the time, don't care, or some people bought a N3DS and it shipped with updated firmware.

You think people who don't pirate are spergs but you're the real dipshit here son

i have. and its the best thing i ever did in my life. when i open my 3ds a heavenly light blinds my eyes

11.0 (._. )

Oh, it'll just return an error on the eShop that it can't find the title.
Same with any other title that's not on the eShop.

When was the 11.0 update exactly ? I haven't used my 3DS in months.

11.0 in May, 11.1 in September.

How big is your microSD?

Also post more, your taste in games is A++

Does homebrew count as hacking? or do you mean CFW?
too long to downgrade for me so just homebrew, playing some pokemon rom hack

My freeshop stopped working after like 2 months of use. Now it says I don't have .cia file even though I never deleted the one I had when it was working before.

Literally just picked up a N3DS Mario 3D Land bundle and looking at this guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Is this really the most retard proof guide there is? I'm already overwhelmed. It's telling me to read every intro page? What's the first step for me at 10.7.0-32U, Hardmod downgrade?

Fucks sake you guys said this was easy.

my sd card is 128gb. i got the meme shark. i have over 25gb left. here are my gba games, the folder is filled

it is incredibly easy. you should have seen the guide before, it would have taken you hours. now you can do it in an hour. i did my friends 3ds piss easy. all you need to know is how to drag and drop pretty much.

I want to buy a 3DS and hack it, but there's no point anymore since it can't be downgraded easily

get the mario land bundle

I have a N3DS XL with 10.3 and Homebrew already on it and an O3DS with 10.7.
I can do it but i need an adapter for SD cards.
Also how much going back and forth from my comp to my 3DS will I have to do in order to get this done?

why does it matter?

xenoblade is boring
dragon quest vii is boring

I'm getting really tired of these "you gotta play 205 hours to get interesting!" rpgs.

install the GBA cia to emunand and sysnand

you just have shit taste. play something else then instead of an rpg dumbass

I hate money

waiting for a emulator.

Because thievery is a sin

>hack 3DS
>have more virtual console games than I do 3DS titles
>play the virtual console games more too

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

This, I have nothing to play

It's to justify them pirating it even though they were already going to pirate it anyway

>soldering isnt easy
Uhh yes it is

Here's the general outline of what you would do. The guide goes into full detail of what you need to do naturally.

>Prerequisite: Downloading the files necessary to perform the downgrade using a torrent client. These are linked at the very start of the Home guide.

>1. Since you're on 10.7 firmware, start from the 9.6-10.7 section where you open the Homebrew Launcher using a web browser exploit, you'll set up a menuhax exploit so you can do this without the web browser. From there you'll then run sysDowngrader to perform a firmware downgrade to 9.2, and then you'll relaunch the Homebrew Launcher via a (different) browser exploit to start the Decrypt9 process.

>2. Decrypt9 is used to backup your SysNAND and then downgrade your 3DS to 2.1 firmware. This SysNAND backup is restored later on. so you don't stay on 2.1 firmware long. Keep this backup safe on your PC, it's your protection against bricks.

>3. With your SD card loaded with the a9lh files (including Luma3DS CFW, FBI and Hourglass9), you'll open the web browser and load a URL, which instantly installs the arm9loaderhax exploit.

>4. With a9lh installed, you'll first configure you Luma3DS configuration, then you'll boot up "Hourglass9" to restore your SysNAND from before the 2.1 downgrade, with the a9lh hack intact.

>5. After restoring the firmware, you'll perform a 3DS system update from the system settings. You'll be on 11.1 firmware, but with the a9lh exploit intact.

>6. You run Hourglass9 again to inject FBI into the H&S app.
From there you'll install FBI as its own dedicated app, which will let you install a whole bunch of stuff including a homebrew launcher and a Luma3DS CFW updater.

Any questions, just ask.
FBI is also your means of installing any goddamn thing you want, homebrew, pirated games, injected games, freeShop, custom themes to the theme menu, etc.

are there any good non weeabo games on the thing? i honestly hate the jrpg genre/

I'm just curious that's all. That and is there a guide that explicitly states everything you need to do in a clear and understandable (for a retard) manner?

Nope. All japanese games. I'll trade you my xbone for your 3ds if it's a n3ds xl.

That's some kickass collection user. Keep hating money so you can collect more and share with us.

>yfw you realize this shill thread is a continuation project from the government to get people to pirate before nintendo goes after every last one of you fuckers before they go under.

Yes, the Plailect guide is incredibly well detailed in what when and where to do stuff.

This is all the SD-loading steps I'd anticipate.

>Loading homebrew launcher files on the SD card at the start
>After setting up Menuhax on 10.3, load files for the 9.2 downgrade onto it
>After successfully booting Decrypt9, load files for the 2.1 downgrade onto it
>At one point you'll take the SD card and leave it out, where you'll copy certain files onto your PC for safety (brick recovery), and copy on the A9LH files
>After successfully installing A9LH and doing a system update to 11.1 firmware, you'll load files onto the SD card one last time so you can do the H&S app injection so you can start installing shit with FBI

So, 5 times you would do SD card eject/load/insert steps.
Most of the time you'll switch the 3DS off, but in the case of using Decrypt9 or Hourglass9 you can unmount the SD card without turning your 3DS off.

Why would you do that?

ok

I'm the opposite of you friend. I like japanese style games and hate western games. Now, you maybe thinking why did I buy it? I thought there would be a few exclusive jrpgs like the 360 had but that never came to fruition. Scalebound is the only game I'm looking forward to and that's almost vaporware.

i like western and japanese games

Because I just bought one for Pokemon and I don't know how to "hack" it.

it depends on the firmware verison

What if I told you that if you hacked your 3DS you could enjoy romhacks of X/Y/OR/AS, as well as access to save/pokémon editing?

If u teach me how

I hate how hard it is to get hidden abilities

>tell my former best friend who likes nintendo about 3ds hacking
>offer to help him with it
>figure that help just means pointing him in the right direction of tutorials and answering any on the spot questions he might have about moving the files between the computer and 3ds
>he loses the link like 3 times, and by lose i mean he didn't wanna scroll up in the whatsapp chat log
>tell him to read the entire thing before ordering
>he orders a 3ds first
>asks me on my first day off from my new job if i can walk him through the entire process, after i told him that it takes like 8 hours
>after realizing i won't do it for him he tries reading the tutorial, a good month after ordering the 3ds
>deems it too complicated
>gives up after a month of nagging me to walk him through a long ass tutorial for a system he knows i don't even own

These "3DS hacking is so easy" meme threads literally contributed to killing a lifelong friendship, thanks /hbg/

it takes like an hour

The old guide took closer to 3.

doesn't it take stupidly long for the 3ds to install the hacks because of the underclocked wii tier CPU it has?

I hacked my 3ds a while ago, but I don't remember if I have to get new cfw or not or how I would go about doing that. Knowing me I'm probably overthinking it and it's as simple as replacing some files on the sd card.

so you're literally not friends anymore over 3ds hacking? stopped hanging out and talking all together?

no

was more of the straw that broke the camel's back

> Black Japanese N3DS + Hanafuda cover plate
> A9LH/Luma3DS
> 128GB MicroSD

My pride and joy.

it's mostly because it's constantly copying shit to the SD card

i bet he downloaded a bad dump .cia
hell he probably doesn't have Freeshop like everyone else
your friend being a dumbass =/= pirates have a hard time playing their pirated games
if it were PSVita it might be believable as it was hacked for piracy recently, but even all those problems were fixed already.

You already can have DS icons on your home screen, search "forwarder 3ds"

It used to, but the tutorial/process has been streamlined greatly. Used to take 4-6 hours, and now it takes under 1 hour.

huh, prolly should've waited a few months before telling him about 3ds hacking

Oh fuck, thanks user you're a good man.

what emulator

3ds normal or n3ds

>used oot3dhax

do you know if it works on 10.7.0-32?

yes

So, for Citra do I download the CIA files of the games directly?
I tried downloading the 3DS one but it asks me to convert them and that can only be done using the console?

Citra can only run decrypted versions of 3DS roms or eShop titles.

If you have an A9LH 3DS set up, or it's on 9.2 firmware or lower, you can run decrypt9 to decrypt any 3DS roms. CIA files or even things installed on your system.

So there's absolutely no way to get game files to run on the emulator without actually owning the 3DS?
That's lame.

That's why you download games in .cia format.

Ah, I'm dumb
So the .CIA files will work
Thanks for the heads up.

I think what he's getting at is you can do both things.
You can install the .CIAs to use on your 3DS, or you can decrypt them to run on Citra.

Or alternative you can download decrypted roms from somewhere. They get dumped to CXI format.

Welp.
So that comes to my previous question, what is (if there is at all) the best way to decrypt the .CIA files without owning the console? So far Google doesn't want to cooperate.

I hacked my 3DS back when the 9.3+ downgrades first came out and now I have the 14th Fire Emblem in Japanese with incomplete fan translation (to avoid meme localization and censorship (lol ) and I beat all three routes then imported each of my avatars from them into my ultimate third route save file where I also revived a character killed by a plot-written death. I hacked a nearly complete roster - except I haven't beaten all the offspring paralogues yet - in which all the capturable bosses from all the routes are recruited. Once I finally beat the remaining paralogues and have a 100% complete roster with avatars imported from all routes I will begin the true final battle with the final dragon boss.

So I have one question
I can't transfer my files from my O3DS to my N3DS at all right now because both systems are asking me to update. Obviously I can't do that on my N3DS yet and it's basically putting a gun to my head to try out this hacking shit now or never. I'm going to try it on my N3DS, I've committed to it...

but should I also do it on my O3DS? Is there honestly any point after having a hacked N3DS? Should I just update my O3DS to 11.1 or whatever without any fears at that point?
I would like my old save/games from it and I can't imagine I'd be using it for much else after transferring so I don't know if there'd be a point to hacking it.

>n3ds
Can't you just send things to your sd card through wifi? You just have to be using the same network

I did but there;s nothing worth playing. Just waiting for sun and moon

just put FTPd.3dsx on your SD card

It's outright impossible, the decryption attack is only possible using an ARM9 exploit in the 3DS systems. Sorry pal.

Hold your horses, tell me what firmware both of your systems are on first.

It is actually possible to circumvent this by using a homebrew launcher exploit (that is not Menuhax), and a tool called CTR-HTTPWN. I used this recently to move my 11.0 N3DSXL system to my A9LH hacked 11.1 N3DS.

Are either of your systems hacked yet?

Another question for you.
If I understand this right, all the shit you care about is on your Old 3DS and you want it on your New 3DS?

Question on my end. Trying to use JKSV to dump my save data for Mii Plaza so I can just unlock all the puzzle swap shit. But I can't seem to dump the save file, and the instructions here:

gbatemp.net/threads/streetpass-mii-plaza-puzzle-swap-save-editor.420765/

Don't link up to what I'm seeing. I'm just running Ocarinahax on 11.0 since I'm not really interested in doing much else homebrew related on 3DS. Using the .3dsx version. I don't think I can install the .cia one.

Haven't started hacking anything yet.
O3DS FW is 10.5.0-30U
N3DS FW is 10.7.0-32U

That's exactly right.

I have a N3DSxl on 11.0.0-33U (currently have menuhax installed)
I also have powersaves and can go buy OoT anytime

Is there any way for me to install CFW with this setup?

>Have 11.0.0
>Tutorial involves shit like soldering to downgrade
Is it really this hard or am I just doing something wrong? Using this user's link

Not without solderhax or another hacked 3DS.

Just buy a new shell and replace it?

JKSV launched from the homebrew launcher is not capable of extracting or importing "System Saves", which includes Mii Maker, StreetPass Mii Plaza, Face Raiders, AR Games, etc.
Unfortunately, to extract/import these requires to have hacked your system and installed JKSV as .CIA

Because I couldn't afford to lose my StreetPass Mii Plaza data, I system transferred my N3DSXL which has everything I care about, to my hacked N3DS.
In a couple days time, I am going to transfer my profile BACK to the N3DS XL, and do the DSiWare exploit to perform the downgrade and A9LH installation myself. Best of both worlds really.

Okay, here's what you need to know.
Once a system has been A9LH hacked, that system stays hacked.
BUT, the hack doesn't transfer along with the system. What you can transfer is a hacked DSiWare+Gamesave for downgrading an 11.x system, but this isn't relevant here.

What you wanna do is the following:

1. Follow the Plailect guide on both your N3DS and O3DS separately
At the end of each, both your systems will have A9LH installed and be on 11.1 firmware, eliminating the system transfer issue.
2. System Transfer your O3DS to your now hacked N3DS
3. Copy specific files from both SD cards on your N3DS and O3DS to your PC, and keep track which are which. You need these in order to keep using your respective systems in bootable condition.
These include arm9loaderhax.bin, arm9.bin, arm11.bin, slot0x25KeyX.bin, the /a9lh/ folder, the /files9/ folder and the /luma/ folder. or something like that
The reason this is important is that you'll end up putting your SD card from your O3DS to your N3DS, or at least the contents. You need to keep your system-specific A9LH files on the system you set them up on.

I forgot to mention.
After you've set up A9LH on each system and transferred your O3DS to your N3DS, you'll wanna make a NAND backup of each system using Hourglass9.

The NAND backup acts like a snapshot of what's currently installed on the system. The backups you'll make during the guide will reflect the pre-system transfer state, which you don't want to restore to after you've done a transfer.
Your NNID from your O3DS will not be usable on it again, ever I think.

>Okay, here's what you need to know...
Geez louise, I'm trying not to let all that fuck me up but I will keep a record of your advice when I work up the courage to start. Thanks again.

I've ordered a "used - very good" 2DS from amazon

Pretty sure it will not have version 11.1 since it's used

Does anyone else here have experience with this kind of shit from amazon?

Oh well. I happen to have a second 3DS that is hacked. I guess I'll just use that as a relay to unlock all the other puzzles on my main system (the one I was trying to edit.)

Thanks for confirming what I suspected was the case.

>I DONT WANT TO SUPPORT THEM BUT I STILL WILL PLAY THEIR GAMES AND ENJOY THEM!!!!
Spoken like a true nagger