Sequel is made

>Sequel is made
>The few features that nobody complained about that were in the previous game was actually taken out in the sequel.

Nothing pisses me off more.

Titanfall thread? You

>lol people fucking HATED the mako

Ugh. Yeah; Fuck that bouncy castle. Hope they find a way to make it better in -

>I know! Let's just take it out!

Uhm... ok. I'm not opposed to tha-

>let's also take out the planet exploration!

Wait; those we're pretty decent. You just had to fi-

>MINERAL SCANNING

... at least the planet's are still pretty alri-

>scanning uranus, shepherd.

It was at this moment I realized I was duped into thinking this shit was half as good as people claimed.

>people complaining about mako, inventory and weapon upgrades
>nobody complains about the actually broken combat
>take everything out of the sequel
>don't fix the combat

I liked the mako. Fuck everyone.

I hated the mako. I liked the idea of what it was meant to be, but I hated how it was.

I didn't want it gone; I just wanted it to be less of a bouncy castle. Overlord was a good try, but not quite there.

I also liked the Mako.
And I liked equipment system, aside from the god-awful interface.
>going to each characters locker individually to swap around assault rifles
And I thought the gun overheating mechanic was an interesting choice and the lore justification was cool.

I don't know if any game has ever disappointed me as thoroughly as ME2. Except maybe ME3.

>play Penumbra Overture
>wow this game is great I dont mind the interface or the fighting mechanic
>its nice to see something different
>play Penumbra Black Plague
>turns out the developer took criticism from gamespot and the rest of the sites for the combat and removing it completely
>"look at what our engine can do" while looking like Unreal engine 1 in 2008 and physics being completely broken
>more time is dedicated on the "story"
>the 2deep4you ending
>game is disappointing
>game gets bigger scores across the internet sites
>play Penumbra Requiem
>obviously puzzles that never made into the first two games
>2deep4you story continues now with portals
Developers should just do what they want and dont listen to anybody.

>bouncy castle

>Fantasy Life is great, even if pretty rough around the edges and lacking in fluff
>direct sequel not an even bigger and better take on that game for console or pc
>direct sequel is a shovelware mobile game

>second game is released
>it's a huge improvement on the first
>new/improved engine, updated UI, more skills and abilities etc.
>third game is released
>it's just basically just an expansion
>same engine, same UI, enemy/asset re-use
Fuck this annoys me

>Developers should just do what they want and dont listen to anybody.
Devfag here. That's all we want

>power stance
>bonfire ascetic
>NG+ changes
>blue invasion orbs
>the way liquids like poison would stick to you if you rolled through a puddle even after you got back on dry land

Literally every single Pokemon gen.

I fucking hate Masuda's 'every gen needs to have their own defining features' mindset.

>game got famous because of splitscreen and/or coop
>The sequels remove it

How many have fallen victim to this ?

BF4 is the biggest one I can think of

Literally the same game with new maps

Dunno but last game i played with split screen was Blur and that game failed commercially because people really dont play video games together anymore.
Its such a shame really,I enjoy good company and a good game.

Devs get so fixated on that killer feature their new game will have that they design their engine around it and realize too late that they've crippled features previous games did well.

jap devs

>oh man no one liked [game] 2
>let's trash it completely and make another [game] 2 but call it [game] 3

The jump between Mass Effect 1 and 2 is massive. I'd consider it a change from RPG with guns to an RPG shooter. But 3 is basically a rebalancing of 2.

I liked 2 a lot for improving combat, streamlining and polish, 3 was fine too. While I'm here let me recommend Alpha Protocol as Mass Effect 1 but with spies.

How about Guild Wars 1 vs Guild Wars 2? On one hand the graphics and a lot of features, open world, collections and professions are neat. The tracking of progression, quests and exploration and platforming are great.

But the deck-building gotta-collect-em-all nature of the first game, where you'd maintain a deck of about eight or ten abilities bought, found, captured and awarded from around the world and expansions - and these abilities could be shared amongst future characters you created, in their secondary classes, or given to your AI companions. It was about building and maintaining a versatile deck, with specialties for different encounters.

Guild Wars 2's preset action bars might accomplish the same goals, but since you don't customize your ability deck as extensively I cry.

Which one are you thinking of?

alpha protocol was a little too buggy for me to enjoy

>Sequel is made
>The features that nobody complained about that were in the previous game are still in
>Hurr durr look at this rehash, no buy
This pisses me off way more.

Buggy buggy or just a little janky with the controls? Because I finished the whole lot as a pistol man and at first is though it played like shit, then I realised the controls seem to get smoother the higher your skill.

Means everyone's first impression in that Arabian mission plays like shit because everyone is rookies.

But if you mean buggy in general then fair enough.

Triggered. Reminder if you couldn't complete the training run in under 26 seconds you're a casual who can't even pretend to understand the new movement system. You can get pilot ejection speeds without stim or ejection in 2 because they remove the wallrunning speed cap AND slide both maintains momentum and makes bunnyhopping even easier. Name one actual fault with the new meta.

>feature that nobody used is removed in the sequel
>hurr durr casualized garbage, would not buy

>want to make a different game
>lets use the same name from other franchises! even if the gameplay and artstyle will be completely different and the only thing related to the previous title is the fucking names!

buggy buggy, I was using a controller to bypass the jankyness and I got stuck on the ladder repeatedly near the end of one of the arabian missions

C gear was a nice concept in gen 5 but I haven't seen anything top the pokenav in gen 4. Not to mention the underground tunnel bits with the excavation.

The Omega and Alpha radar things with sneaking are amazing. If you haven't played them, basically you can see russling grass occasionally and your bottom screen'll try to identify the mon. Helps you track down ones you are missing without battling everything you step on in the grass, and doubles as a check list of all mons caught or seen in your current area. If they remove them I'll be upset.

>What are spin offs
Are you new to videogames

>Developers should just do what they want and dont listen to anybody.
yeah but we have bills to pay too

Conker remake

>have a good game
>make a sequel or spinoff that is drastically diffrent from the first game
>abandon the series because the new game sells like shit

I never really paid much attention to it, but thinking on it your right. It's actually something useful. I hope they keep pokemon-amie and super training. Having hyper training as well is gonna be sweet.

protip: its mainline games
why the hell i'll have a problem with spinoffs?
want to make a gran turismo spinoff about driving over people? fuck i'll buy it i always liked carmageddon and never enjoyed GT , but dont mix both things it fucks everyone besides the blind fanboys

What game are you talking about?

well lets see franchises that did this...
>sf between 2 and 5 , re from 3 to 4 and now from 6 to 7
>ut2k4 turning whatever abortion was ut3 (yes i played it)
>C&C turning into..whatever abortion was 4
>easy example gta2->3
only ones i remember right now