How do we stop this madness?

How do we stop this madness?

I thought the free market will fix everything?

The market is telling vidya companies to keep doing it.

Free market only works if consumers aren't raging retards.

Still surprised we haven't reached an hourly charge fee or "Pay What You Play!" Where after you get the game it charges $1 an hour. It even has a rhyming name slogan and deceptively cheap plan that idiots will go "Hurr it's only a dollar, it's not bad"

>Still surprised we haven't reached an hourly charge fee or "Pay What You Play!"

They're called arcade games. Also, subscription MMO's although both have mostly fallen to the wayside over the years

You can "rent" guns for a certain numbers of hours/days in a lot of chinese F2P shooters.

I thought arcade games were based on retries.
And this would be an alternative to subscription. Cause you can "stop anytime" when you stop playing you stop paying.

See it would even work with microtransactions. "Well I could grind and get the weapon, but it saves me time if I just buy it, and since it charges buy the hour it's better to just buy it" Then they spend several hours playing with the new weapon, paying for those hours too.

There is no "free market" in an industry that is rife with pirates

>Stage one clear!
>Purchase screen
>5 extra lives: $2
>Next stage: $5.99

I was going to make up more zany ideas that satirize the penny pinching ways of these companies, but then I remembered it's not imaginary, games are already like this.

so then it's NEVER worked? How do we know it's possible then

Staying back a generation, works for Nintendo as their DLC fits into the then spot of that picture.

Now imagine if stage 1 took you 4 hours to beat. That's 4 bucks already earned, plus the price they used to buy the game.
Those 5 extra lives for $2 look pretty good if it'll save you time and per hour charge on stage 2.

thats literally mobile games

Stop playing vidya

It never worked, it just didn't work less

>playing "modern" games

That's your own stupid fault

>Free market

>removed content
because nothing was left on the cutting room floor back in the day /s

copyright is what impedes on a free market, dumbass. it's literally a monopoly. how can you be this stupid?

I can't imagine the kind of person who happily purchases micro transactions for games they already paid for

Do these people even care about playing a video game or do they just feel a rush when they enter their credit card? If you don't have a boner in your pants while you're spending money on weapon skins or extra revives, I don't know what the fuck you're doing.

>Picked up an old Xbox 360
>Bought DOA5 ultimate
>No Internet connection
>On the fucking character select screen you can see the blacked out costumes available for purchase on the Xbox LiveTM Marketplace TM
>You can scroll over them and it actually shows the character wearing that costume in full 3D detail

So they have them in the game files and just fucking lock them until you pay to see slightly more cleavage. What a bunch of fucking jews. The gaming industry is fucking crap.

>Free market
>Fixing anything
>Speciall in the (non-)capitalist economic system we live in nowadays

>Copyrights impedes with free market competition
>Let's stop stop protecting the products of ingenuity and creativity of people