Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furious_4
youtube.com/watch?v=nNBadjq-nXk
youtube.com/watch?v=x7lJV8IX1ig
youtube.com/watch?v=FUt-yxJODxI
youtube.com/watch?v=6HCTIUx1Arc
email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/qt/et090402.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=mCpVpIBqaJg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Fire_(Barbusse_novel)
youtube.com/watch?v=55cbGTlgHqI
youtube.com/watch?v=gPvsUKZ1Cnc
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/WWI_shells.JPG
google.fr/search?q=obus retrouvé&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=_q7mV5uBNIru8weJ_4DoAg
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/70070006/
foreignaffairs.com/articles/1999-07-01/give-war-chance
youtube.com/watch?v=Pte_SOvrHoA
youtu.be/CIQETV30_u8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's a tiresome cliche and only testosterone-deficient misery tourists enjoy it.

Because the majority of the consumerbase isn't interested in that kind of message.

because spec ops: the line did it perfectly already

War is what you make of it

the fuck outta here, did you watch fight club last night

no it did not
not even going to bash that white phosphorus bit, it was hamfisted but still ok. the main problem was the whole mental breakdown part handled poorly with squadmates not reacting properly etc. older ww2 games did this very well because they showed you as a small cog in a huge war machine that tips the scale just by luck and skill alone.

>ppsh41
>used by german army
TOPPEST KEKKI KEK LOOOOOOOOL

Those are Spaniards, you retard.

War. What is it good for?

war. war never changes. xd

It didn't. Was a really good try though

>enemy has superior weapon to ours
>fuck it lets not use it
said no army ever before ammo spiking was a thing

Captured weapons were used by every nation in WW2. The PPSH in particular was captured so frequently that the German's would convert them to use their own ammo. You retard.

any games that let you butcher your enemies and take their skulls as trophies?

to make the rich richer and make the middle man suffer.

Wait you mean what some seriouser game from CoD and BF did isn't this?

ppsh41 was always used when captured

i want a WW3 so i can find an excuse to die.

RO1/2 and RS

Why aren't there any games portraying the struggles of women during war? Burying their family members and working 8 hour jobs?

what the fuck is this language user because it sure as hell does not read like english

This. Everybody knows women are the real victims of war, they lose their husbands, sons and brothers.

Huh.

Because when people buy a game about war they expect to just mow down some russians/terrorists/muslims and have fun.

Good goyim buy my weapon

This did no seriouser isn't do has come to?

> because the real hell doesn't start until you are back stateside.

go away clinton

>War is cake
Why don't more games do this?

>War is peace
Why don't more games do this?

Because it isn't true. War is fantastic, a neverending party with good friends by your side!

DUDE IT WAS ALL IN YOUR HEAD LMAO
DUDE FEEL LIKE A HERO YET LMAO

>Burying their family members and working 8 hour jobs?
So women become wagecucks during war?

They used to, for a few of the good wars. Nowadays, no.

Men in frontlines work 24 hours shifts during war with uncertain amount of sleep per day

It's magic!

Spec Ops is meta garbage, don't put it on this level

It is a joke you fucking autist

Yep

I know

action games can not portray violence negatively. it's just impossible. no one enjoys gameplay where time is taken away from shooting and focused on comforting dying squadmates or crying at charred corpses of kids

strategy games however, would be a perfect platform for actual stakes and player involvement a la Papers, Please. you could have the player be a general and make the enemies dickheads who hide behind civilian targets so you'd have to either order 50k innocent people to be bombarded away or waste soldiers taking the objective, which would in turn make subsequent missions harder. be a sentimental dumbass enough times, and the final mission is your last guy vs an entire superpower's military arsenal. if and when you lose, a slideshow portrays your people being enslaved and kangaroo courts sentencing all your loved ones to be hanged

the problem is no one is willing to code that branching story shit and your average player doesn't like strategy games. oh well, we can always hope though, right?

>mfw i can´t fight with my sword and bow in WW2

Interesting post. I don't necessarily agree with you but since I have been playing a lot of XCOM lately it makes me think about how they could have maybe made a bigger deal out of losing soldiers and allowing civilians to die. Not really sure how, but it's interesting to think about.

fpbp

>The moment women struggle the most is when they're forced to step up and work like a man would
Really makes you think huh...

Tiresome cliche in movies perhaps, no game has ever attempted to portray war in a miserable light. Spec Ops was a simple character study.

Also get the testosterone meme out of here, you're on Cred Forums.

But thats the Blue Division

>what is Red Orchestra

>mfw people actually believe shit like this
>mfw people believe that one finnish sniper killed 1 million russians

It's difficult to stop and appreciate Red Orchestra's attempt at misery when the game itself is so much FUN.

Because games that say war is hell sell worse than games that glorify war.

>TOPPEST KEKKI KEK LOOOOOOOOL

Yeah but that game just flat out sucked though.

TWoM was also significantly harder than most games that glorify war.

Seriously, I couldn't get fucking anywhere in that game.

>tfw still no good Chechnya or Aphgan games

I dont know, I kinda liked it. why didnt you?

Thats kinda the point. when you're a civilian stuck in the middle of a war zone you are powerless, and life is hard and unfair.

Most of the generic AAA shooters try the war is hell meme and fail at it, spec ops being the only one doing it right

It was a fun game and wasn't really a flop. If they didn't make a good profit, it's because they produced it inefficiently.

I may be alone in this, but I feel that strategy games are often pretty good at this, but they kind of make you look for it. I don't mean just portraying carnage like pic related, but also putting you into the shoes of the decision maker.
>playing CK2 as king of Poland
>king dies, land gets divided between sons, because gavelkind succession
>get the short end of the stick, so I declare myself king and start a civil war with my brothers
>war drags on for years without either side coming out on top
>thousands of people die in every battle, not to mention the attrition, raiding and siege casualties
>my only two allies (dukes who support my claim) are a cruel impaler and a possessed lunatic
>one of my brothers falls in battle at one point
>start wondering what I'm even fighting for and realise I'm an incredibly shitty ruler

Difficult to do well.

project reality has some maps based on the chechen conflicts

~500 is a fair amount for a sniper on his home territory with plenty of poorly trained targets everywhere

never said it flopped, I just said that games that glorify war generally make more money.

Strategy games are good at showing it but nothing else. You go "oh fuck that's a lot of dead people". You don't experience the feeling of dread of being there you just see a lot of red blips.

It is multiplayer, that's not what I mean.
Chechen conflicts had so many fucked up episodes you could make dozen of games like Spec Ops based on it.

>muh wehrmacht dindu nuffin

so, americans?

Unfortunately it's hard to say "war is hell" when the simple act of shooting enemies in vidya is so damn fun. You have to make it a character study like Spec Ops does, or make it a zombie apocalypse or something fantastic.

t. chairforce

> The worst part of war for me was after the fighting stopped and you thought about what you could have done differently.

Jody approves

One thing i miss in other RTS that is in COH, is the soldiers sometime surviving wounded in the battlefield and the medic carring them back.

the dude got captured with his whole unit and later saved by some dumb kraut from death at the hand of SS.

>War is hell

Only when you're losing, Yank

Coh 1 and 2 were really good in that regard because of the voicework.
It's heartbreaking to see how far wounded soldiers will crawl before dying in coh 2 after a mine goes off.

OH SAY CAN YOU SHART
BY THE DAWN'S EARLY MART

Most games that make shooting fun aren't "war is hell" genre games anyway. Even RO2 is meant to be played for fun, but includes enough graphic detail and authenticity to make you stop and think "wow, it would suck to actually be here" as you watch your squad get mowed down by an MG42.

>mfw listening to the Great War channel on youtube
Why cant we have any ww1 game like that instead of BF1

i can believe the latter story simply because of how many russians were conscripted and sent to war. hundreds killed by one man is almost understandable.

Can't argue with that.

Automatic weapons were always highly valued. Rifles you have probably more than men anyway, but machineguns and subachinegus were usually supplied is very limited numbers.

For example WW2 Soviet rifle company was armed with:
>1 mortar
>2 medium machineguns
>4 light machineguns
>9 submachineguns
>2 sniper rifles
>132 rifles
>21 handguns

Makes sense that the rifle company has mostly riflemen in it

World at War
Game is fun, but whole setting is like holy shit level of brutality.
Edgy, and in a good way.

"rifle", simply means they are generic infantry, unlike motorized, Guard, NKVD, naval infantry, tank, artillery etc.

They do, just that games are fun and any shitty message they try to put through never works.

I remember reading in an anthony beevor book that toward the end of the war the russians had entire companies armed with ppsh.

Don't you have an election to lose, hillary?

propaganda purposes

War is hell.

>98 replies
>no mention of Brothers in Arms
Are you kidding me? Play it now, OP, all three games, in release order.

This. Road to Hill 30 is one of my favorite WWII games.

>We'll never get a sequel
>The series will never be finished because Gearbox is fucked
I'm never not mad

Golly I wonder how many wars this user has fought in?

I'll tell you how to make a "War is Hell" game that isn't just nu-Brothers in Arms.

>WW2 FPS
>You play a German Soldier who signed up with his brother and friends
>Mechanics are similar to Red-Orchestra, lots of emphasis on "don't be fucking silly or you'll die"
>Make sure the melee is fucking brutal
>Start of the campaign is hopeful and patriotic and the usual fun you get with FPS games-blasting through levels and levelling buildings as you blast back the enemy under command of your higher ups
>Your brother is incredibly patriotic, as are most of your friends bar one who's maybe a bit weedy or something
>All bantering, laughing, getting on as soldiers who believe they're winning do
>About a third of the way through the game, things change
>You are no longer winning the war
>Charcter development should have your companions become more cynical, scared or bitter
>One of them should be killed off in front of you, preferably the "joker" or the comic relief of the group
>At some point you should be separated from your brother as he his moved to the fight the russians, put focus on the name of his company there
>Fighting should be harder with less ammunition, worse equipment, harder odds and with your allied troops getting more and more desperate
>Early levels are "take the town" and "wipe out the camp" while later levels become "defend the supply train" or "withdraw to a friendly line" or "hold them off until help arrives", with levels involving desperate attacks or defenses against a seemingly more powerful enemy
>Eventually, after one too many cynical comments, you and one of your buddies are also sent to fight the Russians
>Final level is set several days after you've been fighting in Stalingrad
>Everyone's exhausted
>Bad news all round
>In passing, you can find out that the company your brother was in was wiped out by slavs
>The final level is unwinnable, "win" condition simply becomes the point you die after reaching a certain area

Better it remain a dead series, instead of getting a sequel by Randy "The Cucked Snake" Pitchford and Anthony "Luggage Lag" Burch.

ghost recon lets you kill georgians. that's pretty close, right?

>When medic dies

>Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill HURTY
>FPS game in WW2
>You have 4 playable characters to choose from
>Brock the Bazooka man, tank class, skills based around taking lots of damage and dealing AOE damage to enemies. Gay, likes puppies
>La Resistance Lucille, assassin class, based around sniping, stealth and criticals-has many quips about men being pigs and useles sin combat, all the men worship her including Brock who is gay, get over it
>Pam, the driver. Bisexual and trans, is a master of vehicles and can summon a motorcycle for a short amount of time which has guns on it and can be upgraded. Flirts with Lucille a lot, doesn't flirt with or talk to any men but is bisexual
>Xer Sam, the officer. Buff class, based around being a jack-of-all-trades but can also buff lgbtqALLIES. Doesn't flirt with anyone but is agender and makes jokes about only fighting in the war for the fun of it. Is a pacifist
>Gameplay revolves around taking quests from higher ups to go and kill Nazis in areas across europe
>Dialogue largely "dark" comedy
>Chris Rock narrates
>Crafting system allows you to use social redundancy, bad parenting and a lack of education to craft new sexualities and genders
>Early Access
>18 quintillion different towns

>tfw this was almost a real game
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furious_4

reminder

Christ, I forgot about that fucking game.

>he was joking around
>read
>"Instead of portraying a realistic take on war focusing on Staff Sgt. Matt Baker of the 101st Airborne Division, this new game follows four new characters of an unnamed unit on a fictional romp through Germany after Hitler himself. The four protagonists are Chok, a Native American soldier who uses hatchets to dispatch enemies, Montana, a large lumberjack turned Nazi slayer who wields a machine gun, Crockett, a Texas native who uses a cattle iron to brand fallen enemies, and Stitch, a mentally unstable Irishman who shocks enemies with a custom made taser."

Jesus christ.

I'd play it
I'd ___buy it

If you start on the Western or African front, have one of the levels be hanging out in the bars or at the beach of a captured city. Occupied Paris with soldiers just messing around while on leave. No brutality or violent oppression in immediate sight.

Like the start of the movie Stalingrad, where the people who are reinforcements for the casualties in the earlier fighting have no idea how bad it's going to get.

I think Valiant Hearts did it pretty good
Smaller projects like this one and Rayman are the only good things coming out from Ubisoft right now

>that shitty weapon
>better weapon than the MP40
nuhuh

Aye, I think the change in atmosphere would be key.

Some sort of Half-Life tier sequence at the start of the level as you ride and watch things get progressively more fucked up, your buddies stop joking around so much and suddenly you step off and some dude with one leg tells you how fucked you are

what the fuck were they thinking

I WANT MORE VIETNAM GAMES GODDAMNIT

vietcong was great vietcong 2 sucked...

Co-op first person shooters where the shit back then.

lol, i hope this is bait

All 69 wars

yeah but this was another case of a developer fucking with an established franchise. If they wanted to make le goofy ww2 shooter then they should have left the BIA name out of it.

>they;ll announce a new sequel when the time is appropriate
Clocks a tickin', and I know shitford would destroy this IP without a second thought to stave off bankruptcy.

Inglorious Bastards was the shit back then. They wanted to cash in on le epic Gnatzi hunting genre.
And since they already had a WW2-theme franchise... I guess they didn't want to make another one.
I agree, it's dumb ass shit decision.

reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=nNBadjq-nXk
youtube.com/watch?v=x7lJV8IX1ig

Because games are made for the game mechanics.

war is epic! haha

>superior numbers

Hmmm

Because kids, teenagers and people who just want to shoot some dudes after work wouldn't buy it.

Red Orchestra 2 comes close.

>≈1,830,000 (1968) (US+South Vietnam)
>≈461,000 (North Vietnam)

Revisionists pls go

>when u go down on ur gf but she didn't tell u she on her period

non ex-yugo's probably wont get that

I always think of this when I see that picture telling gun nuts that their M14s are no match for government's jets, tanks and rockets.

>war is always only ever horrible
And any first-hand accounts like soldier's memoirs that were honest about more than just the horrors should naturally be suppressed at all costs.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHIN UH HUH

translate pls

has anyone been as far as to even look like?

>US+South Vietnam
>and South Vietnam

>people haven't had enough WW2 videogames
when will people realize that realism =/= fun

Yes, typically we count alliances as one belligerent when discussing forces in presence. South Vietnam was a satellite state of the USA so it's natural to count their troops involved in the same battles.

To avoid country bankruptcy simple as that

>soldiers

Fuck, man. I'm not really patriotic-largely because in the country I live in people of my nationality/culture/identity are kind of treated poorly, so I don't really have much allegiance to the military of my country.

But when I see shit like for example, it makes me annoyed at these faggots who say "SOLDIERS ARE MURDERERS."

It's a job.
Some sign up "for their country" some sign up for the fucking money.
When you have this job, people try to kill you.
Not fire/tease/laugh at/bully/rob you. Just fucking kill you.

I don't "support our troops" because of any allegiance to this country nor do I believe they are the most important of people, but for fucks sake they deserve to be treated pretty well if they have to do/see some horrible shit out of common decency if nothing else.

Polish dude here so don't quote me on that but it's something like
>If I die young please send me to heaven because I've already been in hell

>South Vietnam
Literally the worst allies ever. The fucking Italians would have been more reliable.

I think people are talking about a dark experience rather then fun.

I'm just being pedantic

Ah well I guess that makes the point moot now doesn't it?

>>When you have this job, people try to kill you.
>Not fire/tease/laugh at/bully/rob you. Just fucking kill you.
If you're American, it's kind of justified. Americans show up in countries and fuck everything up, either by covert actions (CIA attempted coups in all red countries on pic related) or flat out military interventions. Nobody enjoys having their country turned into a wasteland for foreign private interests.

did the spanish fight in WW2? or is this supposed to be spanish civil war?

These are german troops. The spanish didn't fight in WW2, the fascist dictator Franco was Hitler's buddy.

>basic literacy
>What's that? Can I eat it?

according to a reply, thats the blue division, a bunch of spaniards fighting for germany or something

>When Speer learned in February 1945 that the Red Army had overrun the Silesian industrial region, he drafted a memo to Hitler noting that Silesia's coal mines now supplied 60 percent of the Reich's coal. Without them, Speer wrote, Germany's coal production would only be a quarter of its 1944 total—not nearly enough to continue the war. He told Hitler in no uncertain terms that without Silesia, "the war is lost." Hitler merely filed the memo in his safe.

Spanish volunteers in the Blue Legion or the Blue Division, I can't tell which.

wait for rising storm 2

Fascists then.

Spec Ops and similar games just throw violence and difficult things in your face. I want a game based loosely on something like Journey to the End of the Night. The depictions of war in that are a lot more human and don't rely so much on senseless death but the general futility of war. You see in a small number of pages this view of incompetent and corrupt commanding officers, units being sent in indistinct directions to fulfill indistinct objectives, accidental friendly fire and all kinds of bullshit. This would really sell an image of war being shit more than the violence we get.

Imagine getting placed on a big map, with a few buddies ( could even be real life co op partners) and then some asshole officer who continually insults you points to a spot on your map and says to siege the town. So you set off exploring around, occasionally coming across your own patrols or enemy patrols, who you may want to steal from if allies (because you start with so little ammo) or enemies to kill, or civilians you may want to steal from or who may seem suspicious and possibly working with the enemy.

Just make the player second guess their decisions, but don't do it like Spec Ops where you force a player to do bad thing and then say, "WOW THAT WAS BAD". Just leave them confused and unsure of whether or not they really did the right thing in any scenario, and you've successfully depicted war as truly shit.

there's no point, cowboy. The picture is an extreme exaggeration of how much the nv forces accomplished with what little they had and increases the absurdity by taking out the context of how they were able to do it. I was playing off on this by being extremely literal to the point of absurdity myself.

>only 1 MG/SMG for every 10 rifles allowed
>only 1 sniper rifle for every 60 normal rifles allowed
>only 1 out of 8 have handguns, rest have only bayonets, pickaxes and shovels
It sounds intersting. Too bad this shit wouln't fly in any MP-focused FPS

>nobody will ever answer for those crimes

The "It's a job" excuse doesn't really go so far when you're knowingly signing up to kill. And in Vietnam, which is when the "soldiers are killers" thing was at its peak, they were actually committing war crimes. Nowadays people don't even have the draft as an excuse, and everyone agrees that we're fighting wars we shouldn't be.

>Japanese
>Bitching about war crimes
lol

>On July 16, 2015, Pitchford revealed that Furious 4 "is not a thing anymore". Many elements of the game were inherited by and transferred to Battleborn, which is a new intellectual property from Gearbox. The company also announced that they were working on a new "authentic" Brothers in Arms video game, and was seeking additional help from external developers.
well I guess thats cancelled

probably because it doesn't sell well. Most normies just want a generic shooter to play with their friends every year.

I don't think it should be a contest of who's done the most horrible things and got away with it. All countries should recognize their war crimes and move forward. Turkey, Japan, the US, everyone.

Some extremes had to be taken in dealing with monsters from Germany and Japan and savages from many other places.

That is completely different from the unforgivable barbarism that Japan practiced.

That's one sexy PoW

They took really good care of the PoWs it seems

Okay, the thumbnail definitely showed some hitlerjugend instead of that..

>not mentioning Germany

This guy's having a yoke, but the homefront during war is legit underused. Less people around, paranoia and grief everywhere, overbearing government. It's a great setting.

Germany recognised its crimes.

>Why isn't there more propaganda to feminize western men even more?
Yes, war is shit. Now kindly justify the creation of "war is hell" media aimed exclusively at western whites, courtesy of people who've never experienced more than a verbal confrontation in their entire life, in the present day.

>bombing factories is a war crime

h-hhiroshimoot? what are you doing?

It's a glitch that happens sometimes with the site. Something like if two image posts happen at the exact same time they can fuck each other up.

haha epic!

>testosterone is now a meme

WAT

how new are you? Not everything is a fucking meme you fucking gay

I tested posting the image to another board and it shows the original, not that anime girl...wtf has the gook done this time?

What games have you deal with PTSD?

I don't know if this fits your criteria but this is the best war-related game

Spec Ops: The Line is like a caricature of war, a sort of "this is what anti-war peaceniks actually believe", which ironically makes it a feelgood portrayal for people that want their opinions validated.

>this whole thread

>nobody mentions this war of mine

a even better game is "Gods Will Be Watching us", though not entirely war related

can't say much about war, A-stan hardly counts as one anyway, if you compare it to all-out like WW2 or Korea, but I have to admit army time was fun of a lifetime

t. chairforce

>americans
>never been invaded
>claim to know anything about real war

Look again idiot.

I think you've misunderstood.

I always have respect for soldiers. Not necessarily the young buck with blue eyes but certainly the tired old men and women who had to see some very grim shit. They also usually have really cool stories to tell and one of them I knew had a bunch of fucking cool as hell relics. I still have an old gasmask, a sabre and goofy little pointed helmet. Shame he died the way he did.

>what is the war of 1812

why did you save larp posts?

>When your call of duty team is stacked

Napoleon against Russia?
>americans in charge of history or geography

there are war crimes in every war, your point is?

Why do they need an excuse to kill for their country? It's how shit works, you whiny cunt.

There is nothing greater and more honourable than dying in battle against an enemy you genuinely just want to see wiped off the face of the earth, and absolutely NO MAN needs an excuse to want to fight and die in battle.

I respect every fucking goatfucker who picks up an AK as much as I respect american soldiers (I'm not a burger).

But whether you sign up to fight or you just pick up your gun in the evening while disguised as a goat-farmer all day - you not only sign up to kill - you sign up to die.

So where is the problem? Everybody knows he can get killed violently and his "human rights" don't mean shit in certain situations.

>There is nothing greater and more honourable than dying in battle for private interests, I sure love my chains!
Top zozzle. Why don't you enlist in the army instead of shitting up some taiwanese pingpong discussion chatroom?

>americans starting shit during a bigger conflict

>What are the Aleutian Islands and Guam
Also,
>You have to fight a war on your soil to understand it
Maybe we're just so good at it they don't even get the chance to attack us.

Right but some people just sign up because they need cash, and some do it because they have skills and can't find a job.

It's a shitty situation to be in, and I have nothing but sympathy and a pat on the back for anyone who goes out, sees some awful shit and makes it home again. They don't deserve to be hated unless they personally did some awful shit on purpose.

>inb4 killing civilians in middle east

Civilians in middle east with guns are the enemy soldiers.
Civilians in middle east without guns going to get guns elsewhere are the enemy.
Civilians in the middle east who have no guns but might have a bomb on them are the enemy.

Civilians literally look the same as the enemy, except on the off chance the enemy happens to be well equipped in which case all you have to do is shoot AROUND the civilians to hit the bad guys.

Fuck off.

Because my country does not engage in any conflicts and also my profession would get me into helicopter maintenance or vehicle maintenance.

Why do you assume I've never killed?

once they started participating in the war the civilians stopped being civilians.

>Why do you assume I've never killed?
I'm not sure; can you see me trembling behind my monitor? That's how impressed I am.

Holy shit. What movie is this?

>You have to fight a war on your soil to understand it
>what are civilians

i fucking feel the same, when your eneny show such institutionalized brutality to your civilians and POW then they dont fucking have any right to complain about what they are going to get in exchange and im not even american, also that picture lacks the rape of nanking

ehehe

CoD WaW was surprisingly realistic and mature when it came to portraying the horrors of war
>that scene where the japs booby trap the corpses from a destroyed plane
>the fountain full of corpses in stalingrad

>XXI century
>invading other countries for your jewish overlords
Is America truly the most cucked country?

Something the US has regularly had to deal with when fighting wars?

>The film was shot in chronological order over a period of nine months. Aleksey Kravchenko says that he underwent "the most debilitating fatigue and hunger. I kept a most severe diet, and after the filming was over I returned to school not only thin, but grey-haired." The 2006 UK DVD sleeve states that the guns in the film were often loaded with live ammunition as opposed to blanks, for realism. Aleksey Kravchenko mentions in interviews that bullets sometimes passed just 4 inches (10 centimeters) above his head (such as in the cow scene).

Call me edgy, next.

You called me out on hurr not being 24/7 every day in my life in a combat zone when I just came back from a combat zone last year you massive faggot lol

This War of Mine and Spec Ops the Line are the only war games that have ever really interested me. I guess I just don't get the appeal of glorifying war even though I'm all for violence in games and horror is generally my favorite genre.

Unless you count Advance Wars or Valkyria Chronicle as war games, I guess.

Far Cry 2 also has been "okay" at portraying the war in Africa. Although it was mostly the tapes.

shit that'd be a cool sim/management game

keeping up morale, making sure you can continue to send enough people off to war while managing production, rationing etc...

>Now kindly justify the creation of "war is hell" media aimed exclusively at western white
So that they would be less likely to support pro-war politicians.

come and see
soviet propaganda but still good
used live ammo good stuff

I'm thinking you're a huge fucking tool for thinking dying to serve some billionaire is in any way honourable. That's just sad.

Fat Princess exists.

what a T H I C C german prisoner of war

Man I had some sympathy for Japan getting nuked, especially after visiting the museum at Hiroshima.

But since I moved here and had to listen to my insane Japanese housemate's bullshit about how Japan didn't really do anything wrong, "because all the other countries were allowed to have an empire too", I kind of lost all of it.

This shit is insanely common here. After being forced to read Gundam plotlines as part of my temp job I'm starting to realise that a good number of anime legends have a totally warped, fucking nonsensical view of history.

Their god damn fucking Prime Minister used to be the president of a society campaigning to have all mention of Japanese war crimes wiped from the history books, for fuck's sake.

This gif needs to end with a bunch of laughing Americans. Then it would be perfect.

>what are civilians according to americans
>staged photos to feel like a hero back at home and bombing targets

>propaganda to feminize western men
Showing bad things happen when a whole lot of people start killing each other does this?

WHERE DID I SAY THAT?

Get some reading comprehension. I was talking about the case if your OWN urge and your OWN interest is to go to war with a particular enemy, and you go.

Nobody fights to serve some billionaire you fucking communist, not a single person on earth would do that.

yes, because that is common knowledge if you got an IQ over like.. 70

Killing is natural

I'm Irish living in the UK.

>implying they're doing it for anything other than a job or money

How are you this dense?

>>Nobody fights to serve some billionaire you fucking communist, not a single person on earth would do that.
But they do. Lol, that's imperialism if you didn't know. Fuck some countries up for private interests. Iraq, Afghanistan, all colonies, Vietnam, Cuba, it always boils down to some fat millionaire wanting more money.
>I was talking about the case if your OWN urge and your OWN interest is to go to war with a particular enemy, and you go.
Yeah if your country is attacked that'd be a legit point but that doesn't happen anymore. Unless you have oil and aren't strong enough to fend of americans.

youtube.com/watch?v=FUt-yxJODxI

>Gif
>Edge
Fuck outta here boy

Different user here, do you really think some faggot making a video game has anything insightful to say about war, of all things?

>inbred potato muncher
even less relevant than canada

youtube.com/watch?v=6HCTIUx1Arc

>Have a guy who has been hunting in the snow all his life, his prey animals gifted with natural camouflage, survival instincts and heightened senses.
>Send said guy hunting loud, poorly trained Russian conscripts wearing wrong camo.

When your hobby is harder than your job. It's not really that unbelievable he sniped so many Russians.

>your OWN urge and your OWN interest is to go to war
It is never, ever in an interest of a soldier to go to a warzone. The only way to feel like it's a good idea is to buy into propaganda.

>There is nothing greater and more honourable than dying in battle against an enemy you genuinely just want to see wiped off the face of the earth, and absolutely NO MAN needs an excuse to want to fight and die in battle.
Who brainwashed you this good
I want to take lessons from him

>Fuck some countries up for private interests. Iraq, Afghanistan, all colonies, Vietnam, Cuba

I see you are a fan of Alex Jones. I am also An Enlightened.

Right on, brother. Iraq was for oil.

*fedora tip*

>Play Valiant Hearts
>All the bits of info about how shit the times were
>The killer gas
>That level near the very end were you are in the middle of a battlefield and have to hide in mountains of corpses and are forced to let people die left and right

War is scary as fuck, robots fighting wars when?

Still dont see how it could "feminize" men.
Theres plenty of natural things, doesnt mean we cant avoid them.

The worst game I've ever played and it was Cred Forumss fault. Fucking idiots it's a fucken trash linear 3rd person shooter with the most basics of mechanics it's fucking shit. The story and characters are so forgettable that I beat the game and don't remember a single name. Genericasfuck/10.
Nothing new or special/10
Literally GTAV with less mechanics, shittier story, Whittier characters, Whittier graphics.

They do, but they don't think they do, which is the fucking difference and going to fucking war for your own interests or because you feel like it is perfectly fine. Of course somebody profits from it, many soldiers are aware, I'm sure, but what if what you want is just war? That is the case I'm talking about, and I truly believe nobody needs an excuse to go to war against an enemy he truly loathes.

I admire that, they are still burning for what they think. Unlike you.
Do what thou wilt.

>lmao dem bad imperialist americans

I refuse to argue with a fucking communist like you.

because most modern war games are backed by the US military as a means of glamorizing going to war to young men

>implying I ever said I was relevant

Faggot if you have to turn to insulting my faggot ass country because you can't up with with a contextual response kindly neck yourself and then remember that nobody today has any claim to the deeds of our ancestors back when patriotism made a lick of sense. Twat.

Because video games are inherently empowering medium, while "war is hell" is an inherently dis-empowering message.

The closest you can get is how Spec Ops did it by making shooting deliberately unsatisfying and then banging you over the head in cutscenes about how evil you are. But then you just get a game that's artsy but ultimately just a glorified walking simulator but with tacked on shooting elements.

The point is, it's really hard to systemize suffering as a game mechanic.

>whiny new-age men seriously believe this

war for war's sake yo

When it becomes cheaper than using humans, plenty of people that can be easily replaced by another batch in a couple of decades.

I'm gunna sound like a little bitch but hearing about women getting raped is the worst. It all kinda changed for me when my girlfriend got raped

>what are civilians according to americans
Non-combatants who don't aide the enemy, the fuck do you think they are?

fucking soviets

We're basically already doing that with drones.

I don't either, I was just shitposting because of all the anti-war people up in this thread

Obsidian and Inxile games did this until everybody get tired of this garbage.

Go play their games if you like it so much, old fart.

>I refuse to argue with a fucking communist like you.
But you did.
> going to fucking war for your own interests or because you feel like it is perfectly fine.
Being exploited through ignorance and propaganda is fine? Maybe if they don't know it they think they're right but then so does everyone. What kind of point are trying to make? I don't think soldiers are cold blooded murderers, but I think we should be more critical of military interventions. Going to war to defend your country, your family is absolutely fine, going to war to shoot people who literally didn't do anything to you or your country besides sitting on resources some rich fuck is coveting is fucked up and so is glorifying it.

sundowner plz go

>being so butthurt to specify the country you are from and living now
>this reply
literally red from being this mad

>Thinking better technology and all that are a match for guerrilla warfare fought in an unknown terrain

Aliens vs Predator 2 if you play Predator.

greentext is not used to quote, newfriend.

Everybody can see what I wrote if you reply to my post directly, and I still remember what I wrote.

That's exactly the point of the picture. Good job!

Source?

All you get is lost children

I'm pretty sure this is bait

>>greentext is not used to quote
But it is.
email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/qt/et090402.htm

they are not exploited if they don't care about the fact that somebody gains from it because it does not affect them in any way you massive tinfoil

Rick Moranis?

Big Boss had a hard life

Defcon was pretty disturbing.

how new are you?

Greentext is NOT used to word-for-word quote someone.

Passchendaele. Has some nice battle scenes, but overall it's run of a mill "artsy" shit.

Ur funi

>greentext is not used to quote, newfriend.
Is this some kind of elaborate funposting

Yeah it's bait

wtf?

nothing on greentext on that weird-ass website.

>The blood gurgling screams for help as and people crying for their mothers as they die
>People screaming in agony as they burn to death

Fuck off Cred Forums
>bohoohoo muh germans dindunuffin :(

Are you guys for real?

please go back to >>>reddit

man those guys look like they are having a great time

South Vietnam didn't fight, that's the whole point.

I think i can agree with this.
A action game with negative portrayal of violence would at some point have some sort of shit mechanic to do the portrayal negative.

A big part of action games is that the mechanics when used properly, needs to feel good, or work properly.
Once you fuck up and get maimed, the game gets horrible.
Even if you add mechanics like having "spare lives" in terms of how big the platoon or squad is.

Countersniping without binoculars is far easier than countersniping with, because snipers look for the binoculars to even counter snipe.
Remember: 10 people per day for 50 days is 500 people.
And you don't have to try that hard, when you are fighthing The Russian Army, but without Officers.

Here, I made it easier for you.

Daily reminder Germans are nature's funniest mistake. They are the very example of white dindu nuffins and Germany's military history is worse than that of most sub-Saharan countries.
Germany is the prime example of a failed state, the European Somalia.

to simplify it for the newfags here:

correct greentexting: newfag greentexting:

No, final level is prison camp. Then you go home.

Is that right?

every game that takes place in war already shows it sucks. the problem is that its a video game, so you have to be proficient at killing and you can always reload a save.

the only other option is to make a walking simulator war game.

upvoted

le crazy good OC

The Germans used tons of captured weapons.
There is plenty of photographic evidence showing German soldiers using Russian weapons.

They are Spaniards but they are in the German army. The painting portrays the Spanish Blue Division.

>that firsthand account of paschendale
>of how the mud was so bad you'd constantly be sinking if you didn't move
>of how there were sinkhole spots where if you stepped wrong you'd be up to your waist
>of how other soldiers just couldn't get you out 9/10 times and would risk themselves trying
>of how they just stopped trying
>of a guy on a march forward who got stuck up to his waist and couldn't get out
>the commanding officer lets them try to help for a while but then orders that they have to get going
>the guy relating the story says they came back the other way two days later
>the sunken guy was still alive
>up to his neck in mud
>screaming and raving because he'd gone insane from that particular horror
>and they just had to walk past him again

>Crafting system allows you to use social redundancy, bad parenting and a lack of education to craft new sexualities and genders

You got me user, you got me good

>animeposters

lol

And I couldn't believe /k/ was so retarded tonight.
Turns out it's just the weaboos again

Somewhere, someone is fapping to a hitlerjungend prisonner.

I legit think the warmongering idiots ITT have never read any actual soldier's diary. War isn't hell because hell isn't man-made. War is just the worst thing mankind has come up with.

I love that this game still gets mentioned on this board. They did a really good job with it. It wasn't perfect, but they took some big fucking risks with that project. Too bad Jager got the Dead Rising 2 deal yanked. Now they're working on some space shooter or something.

Confirmed

source: I live 10 miles from the german border, i hate them all

You're a sociopath and there's no reason to respond to someone who seems to be actively looking for reasons to kill. You're one of the reasons I distrust soldiers.

There's something to be said about the kind of guy who is willing to kill for money, no? Also your talk of civilians points to the second reason I distrust soldiers - racism. I remember meeting a solider once, who I asked why he joined. He gave me some flowery speech about wanting to defend the country. He walked away to his close friends, one of whom asked him the same thing - he responds with "to kill me some ragheads."

>le war is so cool and dark i wish i was there meme

>MUH BROTHERS cliche
>Muh burning patriotism changing to disillusionment meme
No thanks.
I want a game where you play as the Heer or SS without MUH EBUL NAZIS memes or a game that tries to be Spec Ops The Line

AESTHETICS

Why are german tanks to pleasing to the eye?
Everything from Panzer IV on is just plain sexy.

>Burglanders thinking they are Viet Cong tier

I loved Road to Hill 30. Heard the sequels weren't great though.

>I legit think the warmongering idiots ITT have never read any actual soldier's diary.
I take it you've never read an unexpurgated one that wasn't pushed by publishers angling at the "horrors of war" crowd?

>You don't experience the feeling of dread of being there you just see a lot of red blips.
This still can provoke feelings if done well.
youtube.com/watch?v=mCpVpIBqaJg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Fire_(Barbusse_novel)

That one is pretty much intact but okay, war is fun.

NAM did a better job at that. A lot of games did a better job at that.

CoD becomes pretty brutal when you turn off the limit on corpses

>WW1
>as bad as people say

m8 it was just sitting around with your buds taking pot shots at krauts, very few people actually died. The death toll is mostly made up by the jews. A more accurate death toll is 4000-5000, it's not possible for so many people to die in such a short war.

They even played football.

because war games are either done by studios trying to do a fragfest (which is fine), or by faggots trying to push a message (war is bad) - so that they don't care about the mechanics.

From accounts of soldiers being in war, war is a big fucking confusing mix of things. There is grotesque violence and boredom. Brotherhood, frustration, moments of intense beauty. You're always following orders, regardless of whether the war is "good" or "bad". When you mix with civilians there's a chance of theft, rape, violence, or even a chance for a human connection. You're more often than not in a foreign land. Most of your time is spent doing mundane tasks instead of actual fighting.

Most games don't aim to recreate war, they take one particular slice of war and show that.

I know because I was there.

For a something that starts with funky music and line "War never been so much fun" it still hits you.
youtube.com/watch?v=55cbGTlgHqI

>Go the extra mile and actually fire live ammunition
>Doesn't use the actual sound

Perhaps there were technical reasons, but it annoys me still.

This has to be bait.

i know jack all about war but who treated their PoWs the least terribly, i mean i doubt all the countries just locked them up and gave them worse versions of prison.

I wonder what it was like to walk through these places after the war was over. No trees, no builds, nothing but mud for hundreds of kilometres in every way.

It'd be eerily quiet I bet.

The Americans, actually.

Lmao, prove to me the death tolls are accurate? It's literally impossible for that many people to die, the bones would still be all over belgium if they were

You're right, the jews faked WWI AND the holocaust, shifty fucks

The italians.

Jews said their "internment camps" were chill. Guards didn't give a fuck, they were treated fairly and there wasn't this drilled idea of Jews being subhuman animals amongst the italian army.

they were free to roam around the camp, play sports and were fed properly.

>live in France
>war graveyards everywhere
>find live ammo in my garden every now and then after rains
ok

Britain and Germany treated eachother's POWs fairly enough.
In 1945, however, German POWs were treated like shit. Especially by the Americans, mostly due to Eisenhower. Hundreds of thousands of prisoners were kept in tight open-air camps without much space at all and food deliveries were allegedly blocked by the guards at times. This, of course, resulted in thousands of deaths from starvation, exposure, thirsk, mistreatment, etc.

The Germans and Russians both treated eachother's POWs like shit.

And for many years they were. It wasn't "just taking pot shots at krauts" it was going over the top in an attempt to get into the enemy trenches, but running into machine gun fire. French & Belgian citizens will find graveyards all over the fucking place along with plenty evidence of the conflict, like this frog said

Où en France ?

>>find live ammo in my garden every now and then after rains
T-the ammo blows on the wind?

>live ammo from WWI surviving

Fucking how? That's impossible, i left a bike outside during the winter once and it was fucking wrecked, the iron in the bullets would've rusted away long ago.

thankfully anthony burch has left or been released from gearbox, unless i'm confusing him with someone else. very sure he's gone.

Actually, I don't have any info on Italians, you might be right.

I doubt the French or Brits treated their POWs amazingly well. The Germans and Japanese are obviously out of the running. There were a lot of accounts of POWs of the Americans being surprised at their humane treatment. But I actually hadn't read anything about the Italians.

>No trees, no builds, nothing but mud for hundreds of kilometres in every way.
There still would be red poppy fields, as the flower seems to be pretty comfortable with growing under such conditions, probably make the whole thing even eerier.

If hell is for sinners not innocents then war is not hell, the amount of innocent lives lost in war is tremendous.

I know right :( War is hell :((( deep...Rly makes u tink :((. I'm crying...:((
My god fuckoff you cringy cunt.

>People screaming in agony as they burn to death

youtube.com/watch?v=gPvsUKZ1Cnc

Lille, maintenant Rennes.

What? Rain makes the dirt softer and it's not unusual to find ammo casings or even mortar shells or whatever its called.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/WWI_shells.JPG These were found 5 years ago.

You must be 18 or older to post here.

I don't believe that's from 5 years ago.

why was tesla so great?

google.fr/search?q=obus retrouvé&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=_q7mV5uBNIru8weJ_4DoAg
I know you most likely don't speak french but "obus retrouvé" means "shell found" and there are COUNTLESS reports of people randomly stumbling upon unexploded shells, you even need to call demining corps.

that fuckin tazer was endless entertainment

Its just like my hentai.

wow the cia is fucked up

what is
>red orchestra 1/2
>band of brothers
>some call of duty games
>metal gear solid prattling in cutscenes

there's a whole bunch of games that do this dude

Rennes était une place de une battaille, oui ?

J'ai entendu dire que ils sont des places où on ne peut pas aller car c'est encore des munitions vies.

What game is this? Is it COH2 or something?

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/70070006/

Enemy team vs my team.webm

War games aren't supposed to be fun

Men of War Assault Squad 2.

>Play as leader of a nation during war time, WW1 or 2.
>Keep nations moral up while deciding what to ration, how many people get sent off etc
>Can end up going full dictator if necessary

La Bretagne et Normandie étaient des lieux de combat entre les Alliés et les Nazis (débarquement). Le Nord de la France était aussi très touché et pratiquement détruit dans son intégralité.

Only thing Eisenhower cared about was that there will be no German soldiers to start guerilla warfare. It's no suprise things go to shit when general tells you to make camps for over million of prisoners, and make them now.

It's Men of War: Assault Squad II I think

Pretty good game.
A lot more realistic than COH.

You can manually control tanks and other units and drive them into buildings to ambush passing enemies, you can control soldiers yourself, you can build fortifications, etc...
No COH bullshit like units having stormtrooper aim and taking forever to kill a single engineer.

Right series wrong game, it's just Men of War.

>Still area still heavy laden with mines and shells
>Still dig up mass graves
>Multiple mobile battles and the few strong stuck in trench battles
>Decades to remove bodies and torn bunkers from the landscape further ruined by the second world war.

I wonder who's behind this post.

because real life does this

3/10 b8, tried too hard

Because there is too much of that in real life?

Just make a All Quiet On Western Front adaptation.

I wonder, could a game based around the Hitlerjugend work?
Bunch of nationalistic boy scouts shoved into the final defense of Berlin, where few survived.

>Then we went home and celebrated about how we protected freedom and liberty
>Cept for those dirty niggers

foreignaffairs.com/articles/1999-07-01/give-war-chance

you're talking to the unwashed masses. Realism = the only good art

Go away Hillary

Empathy is dead.
People watching real war footage from modern conflicts, terracts, gore etc for keks and likes. Who cares about your "war is hell" shit?

>without MUH EBUL NAZIS memes

Brothers in arms did this perfectly. It's the only game that has ever made me cry.
>the level where Allen and Garnett die
>BAKER!!!!
Still brings a tear to my eye.

Ah, je reconnais la nom du Rennes de la livre je suis en train de lire au la Guerre de Cent Ans.

When stuff is in the ground I believe it's not exposed to oxygen and thus degrades at a lower rate. That's why we have swords from the Roman era and before (they just stumbled across a Bronze Age battlefield in northern Europe that we know absolutely nothing about, and the numbers and diversity of the warriors are going to shuffle our entire perception of Bronze Age Europe), and on the other end, dudes in Laos and Cambodia are still getting fucked up by Vietnam-era ordinance.

I know, right?

>This is the time we live in

This
People are fucking shit.
I saw a colleague share a video on facebook of people just falling to their death from urban exploration.

A few hours later my cousin shared a vine of a spanish or italian cop punching someone in the face with no context.

Our parents used to whine about Mortal Kombat, Night Trap, Carmageddon and GTA, saying that it would make kids violent or unempathic, but in the end it was the normies who became the real gore hounds.

>don't believe just anything you read in many independent sources
>believe me instead :^)
also they still dig up skeletons to this day.

nevermind a lot of the dead would've been sent back home to be buried. try a WW1 graveyard or a hundred

>start bantz
>can't handle the bantz

Fuck Japan. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nothing compared to what the Japs did to Korea and China

You could take this as a point of fortuitousness, that we have things so good that we're this detached from that sort of event.

But everyone is the enemy because they might go get a gun and join the army.
Why don't we just nuke em?

>tfw trench foot was really just an excuse to go back home for troops with no fighting morale
>well disciplined regiments had almost no cases of trench foot while the poor ones would have huge numbers of trench foot
it was super easy to prevent if you wanted to prevent it

Jerries had a knack for putting enemy weapon systems to work against their former owners, which became a logístic nightmare for them.

Also lets not forget the russians copied the STG-44 and claimed it was ORIGINAL WEAPON DONUT STEAL MY DAD IS A KOMSOMOL.

>that guy's face
>OH shit nigger! did you see! I fucking no scoped that guy!

FUCK YOU!!

Please tell me that Cucktaku pic is shopped. It's kind of scary how prolific narcissism and sociopathic entitlement has become among western females.

>Women complain about how oppressed they are, despite western society literally existing to protect and enable them
>Legit instances of abuse of power and brutality aside, cops basically get called racist for doing their jobs
>Unchecked tide of rapefugees with zero intention of contributing or assimilating pouring into the west

Why do we allow this?

>Mfw

Seriously I'm about to just peace out to Thailand or something and just wait it out while the world sinks into shit.

PTSD is actually suffering withdrawal symptoms from no more unending party mode

>Implying anything from that site is not 100% real

I used to play the shit out of this game on the ps2.

>I want to play a game as evil nazis, but without MUH EBUL NAZIS

hmm

This war of mine.

>kill is bad
>war is bad
>ACHIEVEMENTS:KILL 100 /1000 ENEMIES

did the bomb actually have a parachute on it?

>Please tell me that Cucktaku pic is shopped.
>February 20th
Does it matter if it's real or fake? Would it change anything at this point?

fun part? When draft was established, argument was that it's all fair. You have your citizen rights, so your duty is to answer when country needs you.
So logically, only people who can be drafted, should have citizen rights.

I am sad at how little RTS show this stuff, i think the only ones who do it is Men of War and COH series, but the maps are usually fucked before the matches.

>thinking the fuggin US army isnt familiar with US soil

>140 character limit

>see this webm
>think "why is he rolling"
>realise he's so fucked up by flames, he can't even tell he's no longer burning
such is life in Soviet tank

Yes, it needed to explode ~1500 feet above target. leaving no crater for maximum effect.

I remember old "meme" photo when Ukraine conflict just started
There was ~5 years old crying kid who hold hands with his parents and severed head/mutilated torso of soldier at his feet. "Our Antosha winning!" said his parents who made that photo. Some people are not okay

He lost his foot dumbass

Also gave the bombers more time to get to a safe distance.

plane also needed to GTFO before it goes off. They had to make sharp turn right after dropping bomb, to leave danger zone befoprte bomb reaches fuse altitude.
They made "dry" drops over city several times before actual bombing, so that day Japanese AA crews didn't even report bomber, or remove camo nets from their guns.

>Tiresome cliche in movies perhaps, no game has ever attempted to portray war in a miserable light.

This HAS to be bait.

Being tankman sucks. "Third world" tankman for sure. At least jet pilot has better chances to survive if he not captured

Japanese command tried to turn it around, by claiming it was not Americans who destroyed city, but it was some sort of natural disaster, and Americans are just taking credit.
Only people who actually saw bomber dropping load were AA observers, basically kids sitting on hills around city, looking out for planes, and they went blind from flash.

Americans dropped 2nd bomb, proving it's them, and they have more. This, combined with Red Army invading in mainland on same day, finally broke Japan.

Starship Troopers had it right "Service guarantees citizenship"

>the testosterone meme

hormones and their basic biochemistry are a meme now? is there anything left in the world that isnt a meme at this point?

Well, Red orchestra does it, and they do it well.

I feel like vietcong 2 had it's moments. Like the swamp.

that guys thoughts "Fuck yeah this is better than disneyland"

He is obviously pretty badly wounded. I'd imagine the sound of getting hit inside the tank is also quite something that will fuck you up.

>its ok to kill americans because american intelligence services do intelligence service things

deluded leftist: the post

That's most grunts, user. It's support and civilians who harp on about war being hell. Grunts either love being shot at and killing people, or they stop being grunts and leave. Death ceases to be something you're afraid of and more something that just happens. It's just the end of the ride.

In my time in the army as an infantryman, everyone hated being in garrison when they could be in Afghanistan killing people.

But killing is wrong and obviously all soldiers are all Captain America carrying out their solemn duty with a stoic face and hardened hearts weeping for their children at home.

Bombing an enemy isn't a war crime, friendo.

killing civvies is wrong.
For enemies you are thankful that they're here, otherwise there would be no purpose for you to be here as well.

>Bombing Pearl Harbor (a mainly military targeted attack) wasnt a war crime
>compared to nuking cities in hopes of high civilian casualties
America was aiding the enemy and close to becoming an ally of the enemy.

there's no such thing as a civ anymore
even in ww2, 'civilians' turned partisan in large numbers and engaged in battle against occupying forces. it has only gotten worse since then - see vietnam, or the recent clusterfuck in the middle east, where every blanket wearing goat fucker who claims to be a civ will pull out an ak and shoot at you, or just blow up in your face.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pte_SOvrHoA
Spec ops

>Bombing Pearl Harbor (a mainly military targeted attack) wasnt a war crime
except that part where honoraburu Jap pilots started strafing people and cars for fun. I guess they thought they're still in China.

Didn't know that, cool info

>no one cries about the fire bombings
>no one cries about entire cities turned into moonscapes through nonstop air raids
>everyone loses their fucking minds of the A-bombs

Why?

I mean, he's not incorrect. Every country has done some fucked up shit during their imperial years, so who are we to say it's "wrong" for Japan to do it when they were just trying to catch up with the rest of the world.

Well, Iraq certain wasn't done because of WMDs, fedora tipper.

>>You play a German Soldier who signed up with his brother and friends
I don't want to play for fucking loser who voted for a psychopath.

thats a cool picture

Let me guess, she got drunk and fucked half the party; then regretted it and cried rape to you so you'd comfort her like the cuck you are?

well you couldn't play as any american soldiers either then

My friend came back from Afghanistan and painted a different picture than yours, that's for sure.

epic, simply epic.

>"Third world" tankman for sure
being in a T-72 would be absolutely terrifying.

Nah you're right m8, all soldiers are psychopath killers like yourself who deserve the hate they garner. Fuck off.

If Japanese would not surrender, there would be no 3rd bombing.
Fat Man was last bomb Americans had. Next batch of 7 bombs would be ready no earlied than October, and they would be used as tactical weapons during invasion.
Says a lot about how little was known about long-lasting effects of using nukes.

The CIA is the cause of a lot of shit that's coming back to the west.

>first car bombing in the US ordered by the leader of a CIA backed coup
>Funds groups considered "Enemies of the United States" (contras).
>9/11, done by people trained by the CIA to fight a proxy war back in the cold war.

Why do they even keep them around?

That's exactly what it says.
t. Croat

Exactly that, how did you translate that? I can't understand Polish at all.

Until they die.

Because if the game is good, you'll be having fun.

There will be some tonal dissonance when the message is "this killing is bad, war is bad", but you, the player, are enjoying it.

This dissonance can be used to prove the point more, but it then risks retreading ground that Spec Ops: The Line has already walked.

Please translate to German.

Yeah but american soldiers at least having a good propaganda, while all nazis are mad murderers and cartoonish villains.

The Grozny map in PR is my favorite

>Because if the game is good, you'll be having fun.
What are you 12?

some words sound similary in Polish, other similary to Polish words in their archaic form

Soviets did it better

Is it possible to enjoy a game in the same way you enjoy a depressing movie?
Like, you aren't having 'fun'
But you enjoy it?
I'm tired.

>Says a lot about how little was known about long-lasting effects of using nukes.

Fun fact: both Hiroshima and Nagasaki radiation levels have already dropped to background levels. Most of the really dangerous shit dissipates within weeks or months. After a few years to a decade the radiation won't even give you an increased risk of cancer.

Yes, RO2.

>Fun fact: both Hiroshima and Nagasaki radiation levels have already dropped to background levels.
>Already
How long ago do you think the war was?

being a sailor would've sucked.

Did William Dafoe just survive a headshot?

and back then, they considered areas "safe enough" 48 hours after nuking

>William

At least it's not a U-Boat.

>Tiresome cliche

How is a shitty fact about events a cliche?

Afrika Korps

Play CoD World at War if you want the nonstop action that doesn't glorify war.

Play Brothers in Arms if you wanna actually experience a gritty war that's the furthest thing from your hollywood blockbuster.

ALAARM

Great thread. This is why I am here forever.

I really love the Gibraltar scene.

youtu.be/CIQETV30_u8

Merely pretending to be retarded I'm sure.

>unsubtitled German yelling

something I really like about this

It's been the better half of a century since then dude

The moment I realized I'd never want to lead a squad in war.

You mean games that have difficulty. TWoM was actually difficult and gamers now hate difficult unless it's actually pretending to be difficult to make them feel good like the DS series.