Games install rootkits that destroy your PC and grant devs full access to your machine

>Games install rootkits that destroy your PC and grant devs full access to your machine
PC master race am I right

B-but I don't have anything to hide

>PS4
>pay twice for your internet
>hacked dozens of times
>credit card info is stolen every few months

Exactly user, why do you fear letting developers have full access to your machine? You know they'd never do anything bad.

oh that sure excuses pc from allowing developers to install fucking rootkits via updates :^)

master race gentlemen

You know no one bought SFV

Probably cause they didn't want their PC's being hacked.
Master Race am I right?

Any news in this? I've missed it

But i thought no one plays fighting games on PC.
What is the problem OP?

Or because its a shitty game thats a step down from sf4 which was already a step down from third strike

they removed the rootkit, now the game runs fine.
However if you ever had capcom.sys before they backpedalled, you still have to manually remove the file.

It got rolled back so no more problems for now...

I downloaded the update yesterday, wtf is this shit?

Infrastructure and Online
>Ranked matchmaking takes too long
>Rollback netcode isn't properly implemented. There are often lag spikes and needless rollback that aren't present in other fighting games tested.
>Loading into online match takes too long
>Finishing an online match takes too long, it should jump straight to training afterwards without loadings
>The lag isn't displayed in numbers like Xrd does
>You can't filter lobbies after region
>You can't set unique comment for lobbies
>You can't set unique invite ID for lobbies
>You can't text or voice chat in lobbies
>Only king of the hill in lobbies, room-based structure with queue is superior
>Not enough FM reward for winning games online. You get measly 50 FM per win when one character costs 100k
>Not enough customization and personalization like Tekken
>No point really in SFV having a unique service. Should've just been implemented in PSN/Steam instead. CFN is shit.
>No tutorial online mode

Graphics
>Models are inconsistent. Ken looks like a banana. Ibuki looks like a Turk. Alex looks like Mcdonald's fries
>Awkward win and loading poses
>Ugly and few stages. Want to improve them? Pay Capcom more FM
>Ugly low-poly background characters that run at 30 fps. Looks worse than just static backgrounds
>Some hit stun effects are too flashy, making almost for a blinding effect
>Very few costumes in-game. You must pay $4 per new costume. And Capcom might censor them in future updates considering their previous actions making your purchase a risky one.

Single Player
>Story mode was unfulfilling. No proper closure. Loose plot ends. Plot holes everywhere. Bad writing. Forced fights.
>Lacking of many modes standard in fighting games
>Only way to earn FM and unlock colors is Survival Mode
>Survival Mode is the worst mode in human history and downright sadistic

All this on top of a gameplay that is barebones and often sterile where every match more or less plays the same. And yet Capcom prioritized a fucking rootkit malware

I just want to ask what the point of this thread is when it's fixed now less then 24 hours after they did it.
>PC master race am I right
nvm.

Do you faggots have nothing better to "discuss" other then platform wars?

>it's fixed
Actually the update didn't delete capcom.sys

People should be aware they need to do it manually.

>PC users literally constantly spouting they're the fucking best all day 24/7
>Point out why they're wrong
>"wooooow is this really all you have time for?"

Right

>press yes to update
>find out later about capcom.sys
>it's in my PC
>capcom rolls it back
>it's not there anymore
Im sorry?

But its true, consoles come with rootkits preinstalled to begin with

>Cred Forums is one person
bestest meme. Most people spouting mustard rice memes are false-flags or really fat fedora tipping people. Everyone else is busy playing video games

>people literally steal shit from capcom
>surprised when they implement a feature to stop them

>PS4 owner
>don't have to worry about Malware
>don't have to worry about framerate issues
>don't have to worry about jank graphics
>can always swap to my JRPGs if I get bored.
The only sucky thing is not being able to play online without giving $ony my money, but fuck 'em, I got locals I can bring the PS4 to.

>actually defending a fucking rootkit
how much do they pay you ?
Don't tell me you're doing this for free user

>already patched
>months of shitty Cred Forums threads incoming anyway

>mandatory console ID gets hacked and your credit card details get stolen every few months
console master race am i right

>BUT THAT GUYS SHITTING ON THE FLOOR, WHY CANT I?

You shouldn't boot Windows for anything other than games if you value security at all.

>only installs on people's computers who PAID

>Stopping piracy

>Capcom ports Ultimate marvel vs Capcom 3 to PC with a new balance patch/new costumes and full mod support.
>It has the same rootkit.

Would you download it Cred Forums?
I would download it.

>don't have to worry about framerate issues
>don't have to worry about jank graphics

hahahahaha

I'd wait for a cracked version because I ain't payin to get my shit hacked. It's probably safer even to pirate it. Same result if I get fucked except theres a chance I won't get fucked if I don't get it from capcom.

What game?

Consoles already have rootkits that you have to sign into, literally everything you do on your console is sent back to Sony

What now stupid Sony nigger?

A console, which has literally nothing of actual value on it besides save data, does not equal your fucking PC.

Oh no Sony is gonna track what game I'm playing oh no!

No one bought Third Strike either.

>Make two flops in a row
>Both create a huge backlash for your company.
>Company can't even fire you because you are the only one left in their fighting game department.
>yfw you see the CEOs and shareholders pass you in the hallways.

SFIV was a flop?

He's referring to SFxTK.

How quick we forget.

Except that it tracks your credit card info as well.

Yeah, man. Let's enjoy SFV at its fullest visual potential.

>Name
>Address
>Credit cards
>Email
>Password
>Phone number

I love stupid sony niggers

awesome dude, that looks like a game i dont give a damn about

>nothing of actual value
>personal info
>credit card info
>entire games library
Granted I definitely agree that this Capcom rootkit is worse, however you'd have to be an idiot to buy SFV in the first place. One game having a rootkit doesn't magically invalidate all of PC gaming.

"SFV has rootkit, PC is finished!" (wait, didn't they just patch it out yesterday?) "Doesn't matter, PC is done for!"

>$ony sells your personal info and gets hacked every few weeks.
>Meh, I had nothing important on there anyways

>PC version of one game gets a rootkit that gets deleted within 48 hours
>Kek PC is finished!

I will never understand console peasants and their incessant need to prove their superiority. It's sad how they'll never be free to tell a company to fuck off while having a large library of games in glorious 60fps to choose from.

It's like watching two bums fighting over a scrap of rotten meat.

Enjoy your ban.

> $team doesn't $ell your per$onal info
Stupid valvedrones.

Don't forget no playable loli. Why the fuck would I play that shit over Arcana Heart 3?

>Implying I even have steam

Keep digging peasant.

>credit card info is stolen every few months
>>mandatory console ID gets hacked and your credit card details get stolen every few months
>>$ony sells your personal info and gets hacked every few weeks.

Let me predict the future
>>Sony grants access to your PS4's webcam and mic to absolutely everyone and their user DB is available on the internet 24/7

>120K sales for a shit game like that
It's not fair.

More realistic prediction

>$ony servers get hacked and anonymous gains access to everyone's credit card info.
>$ony "forgets" to notify its customers for three days until someone leaks it and social media blows up at $ony's incompetence
>Then $ony gives away free games that nobody asked for but Sonyggers the world over praises them for being based
>Then the world keeps on spinning.

>giving your credit card informations to any non bank-like company
You're the only one to blame idiots. Always use Paypal or some shit and never give your cc number directly.

This actually happened? Why would they do that?

>You're the ones to blame
>Even though it's $ony's fault that your credit card info was stolen in the first place

Man, you fanboys kek me up.

$ony could eat a live baby and you'd still find some way to justify infanticide.

Its not only the developers, anyone with some technical prowess and who knows you have that installed can access your machine

I just tryied to refund the game on steam.
Lets see if they grant me a refund after 100 hours.
In this case it would actually be justified.

Sony and MS have full access to your consoles at all times

How can you be this delusional

Yeah, Sony, a corporation, would be able to "eat" something. Great example, you're honestly defeating yourself.

>Implying steam is the only PC platform

HE'S GOING ALL OUT!

Literally everyone does it you moron, valve or not.

Don't you know, corporations are people now apparently :^)

>Implying I even buy games anymore

FISHING IN EMPTY WATERS NOW!

Anyone crashes at the logo with no error?

>Get called out on your shit
>Jump through 20 different hoops of "O-O-OH BUT IT DOESN'T APPLY TO ME"
Never change retardbro.

Master race is able to be informed enough to catch this beforehand and if not then knowledgeable enough to counteract it after it has been discovered. Sony fags on the other hand, hah am I right.

You're one getting your credit card info hacked while I sit upon a mountain of pirated games.

I feel more and more justified in my piracy knowing that AAA corps do shady shit like this and niggers like you continue to support them as they shit down your throat and violate more and more of your consumer rights.

Last reply you get from me peasant, you are beneath my notice and I have games to play.

DRM needs to die

>1 game out of the thousands games on Steam do this
>LE PC MASTER RACE AMIRITE XD

>Meanwhile consoles are basically hardware rootkits, but that's fine

>games to play
>pc

Fucking shit game honestly, I wanted to like it so much, but it's impossible. It's evident that capcom doesn't give a shit about their players. I think they realized that they've made a trainwreck and they'll try to milk it now as much as they can with the least effort possible. Instead of adressing some real problems or adding features that are missing they do shit like this. Yes I'm kind of upset.

ITT OP is a poor nigger who is upset he just has a ps4 meanwhile Master Race has a huge library of 60fps plus games plus consoles for exclusives.
You are beneath us, OP.

Should we add "Capcom fixed the rootkit so it's a nonissue"?

>not pirating it
hahaha consolecuck detected

Be grateful Capcom listens to their fans!

>Not playing games exclusively on the 6th generation consoles
smhtbhfam

THIS!

6th gen was the last gen we had that wasn't bogged down by shitty casual bullshit.

And while we're at it, let's take console wars threads with it.

That is actually good.

>2016
>not playing games exclusively on your smartphone

Learn how to play Angry Birds you retards.

One word: 8 frames.

Whenever someone says this is not a big deal, tell them to walk forward and try to block a fireball.

Because 2.6 is better in every way over that steaming pile that is 3.

Even the music is better.

I like the girl's drawing though. That guy is cool

Cred Forums is like a nagging housewife or an SJW that brings up previous fuckups just to remind you in an attempt to establish superiority.

>mfw I wanted to play but had a shit load of work to do and didn't start the game

Thank fuck I didn't launch this shit. This update was incredibly appealing too.

It baffles me that it's not their top priority to fix this.

But then again they don't fix anything else either.

There's word about dropping the input lag down to 7 frames. It's a start.

Except that this isn't some minor shit like forgetting to take out the roast or leaving the light on.

This is the equivalent of burning the house down because there was a stain on the rug and trying to make up for it by rebuilding the house.

This is what you get for trusting the oriental jew.

How does something like this even happen if their only other game has the best input lag on the console?

So it wasn't just an impression that USFIV on PS4 has actually less lag. Hitting FADC combos is way easier than doing it on PC.

No it's not, they just unified the input lag so PC and PS4 has the same. Before this update legacy controllers had more 1 or 2 more frames than regular

>ITT: PCucks who were dumb enough to buy fighting games on PC

>Destroy
It never did anything and it is gone now

Double-check in your Device Manager (after enabling hidden devices) for Non-Plug-And-Play Devices. I'm not saying that to be derisive, I'd just like people to be vigilant.

Did USFIV have online?
Because most of the time games are purposely slowed down to masque bad online.

>Did USFIV have online?
Of course.

It's the same in training mode, though.

I have already done all of that shit
i even downloaded these just to be extra sure and run a sweap onm my PC
there is nothing

Burn your pc, just in case fàm

OK. Man, what a fucking shitshow.

>game installs ??? that ??? and allow devs to ???
console master race am I right

When's the last time you heard of millions of users credit card and personal info being stolen on steam? Literally never.

>he doesn't play mkx

>always use PayPal
>a service that links straight to your bank account
>not having a premium credit card just for shit like this

Charge backs, price protection, and extended warranties are a wonderful thing.

>playing a game that's been literally dead on PC for over half a year

Why aren't you fags playing 3rd Strike on Fightcade anyways?

This

but I do. post fc

because i'd rather not get ripped apart in 15 seconds by someone who's been spending the last 15+ years playing

i only have 16 hours and tried to refund and wrote this and the bad netcode as reason and it got denied

Where are you from?
There's a lot of new/not so new players on Fightcade you can play with, just avoid the autists that play all day.

>playing NR shit
I would rather consider Smash a fighting game.

>people actually think sfv looks better than kof14
>people actually think sfv is better than kof14

texas
i only got like 20 something hours in the game so im not that good

Damn, I'm from Southern Texas.

want to play?

The only significant problem with the game is the long loading times between matches, the rest of your complains are either insignificant or are not requirements for most fighting games or online in the first place.

gameplay is best after 3rd strike, it's basically what 4 should have been without the cancerous 1frame links and fireball spamming

visuals are great and unique among games, the characters are full of life and expression, the punches have a lot of feel of impact behind them and most of the themes are goat tier.

I just don't understand why do people love kicking SF5's corpse this much when it already struggles so much to be relevant. You are not making SF great again with giving the game such an exeggerated bad name, you are just killing off the whole franchise for good.

Why are you pretending SFV is a good game and that fault is in the customers?

>there are people who unironically think that NR games aren't just dudebro party games

Post Urien BnBs
>tfw h.headbutt

Doesn't UNIEL have like less than a frame of input lag on PC?

>tfw mom was right when she said that installing games gave viruses to the computer

SF5 is a good game. Really far from being perfect but as I said the actual gameplay, visuals, audio are great, the lack of launch content was fixed along with a lot of other problems from launch.

there is literally no game where you couldn't make a mile long list about little complaints. I'm just saying that people are extremely fucking biased againt's sf5.

So is the update safe if you haven't installed it yet?

It won't do anything until you actually run the game, it sounds like they've already fixed it anyway though

>gameplay is best after 3rd strike
It's not. The gameplay is really out of control, the 8f input lag makes reactions worthless in a game were the control of neutral should've been its staple, characters don't have variety of playstyle and there isn't much going on. The game lacks of flair and it's generally considered boring by many for said reason. The reason why everyone pretends to like it is that it's not SFIV, which doesn't say a lot about the game itself.

>visuals are great and unique among games, the characters are full of life and expression, the punches have a lot of feel of impact behind them and most of the themes are goat tier
The whole art direction is serviceable at best. Lots of characters have weird looks that doesn't make them look similar to their OG iterations, see Ibuki's face or Alex as a whole. Even Urien, which is considered one of the characters that transitioned the best in this game lost so much from his 3S visual identity, to the point of looking fairly straightforward and bland. The stages have this really obnoxious NPCs running at 30fps because the devs overestimated the PS4 hardware, they had to make lots of compromises in order to make the game run at "stable" 60fps. The punches feel strong because they have lots of hitstun, which hurts the game pacing.

>I just don't understand why do people love kicking SF5's corpse this much when it already struggles so much to be relevant
I just don't understand why do people have to accept a SF game only because it's SF despite being underwhelming in almost every aspect.

>You are not making SF great again with giving the game such an exeggerated bad name, you are just killing off the whole franchise for good
It seems to me that Capcom is killing the franchise with their own hands, from the launch disaster to the most recent rootkit fiasco.

Capcom's history is filled with incidents where the company pisses over its customers, of course people are going to be picky about their products.

yes

>gameplay is best after 3rd strike

Yes. If you didn't update and you want to do it now you won't get the rootkit.

Where are you getting that? The PS4 version of USFIV is laggiest version.

I think I've come to the conclusion that the only fighting game I love to play is UNIEL. Everything feels so good about that game.

PC USF4 has the least lag

Good to know, thanks
Does the trainer still work offline for colors

Well it had to two brand names that are well known and popular with the normie costumer.

So it did fairly well.

>sfv thread
>no thicc

what the fuck man

Even though I played the game yesterday in the early morning I never found the Capcom sys. I did all the steps to make sure it wasn't there but didn't find anything. Maybe I got lucky.

Considering the rootkit got rolled back, it should. Though they may have put in more server side checks too.

>see chun in loading screen
>have to fap
>see mika in loading screen
>have to fap
>see laura in loading screen
>*pukes in mouth*

>tfw mine got denied too

Thats the only time i ever tried too refund something and the only time i thought its justified.

Steams refund rules are whack, they will let you refund a perfectly fine game because you didnt play 2 hours, but wont let you refund a REAL fuckup.

Make sure you check Device Manager, View -> Show hidden devices and make sure Capcom isn't under "Non Plug And Play Drivers" just to be safe.

Did that and the installed driver list. I even Uninstalled the game after checking just to be sure.

>K-Brad losing to a Smash player
this game is a fucking joke holy shit

Pretty much you hit the nail on the head. Easily one of the biggest disappointment this year.

>The way Mika thrusts out her tits in the character select screen
Gets me every fucking time

>don't have to worry about frame rate issues

delet this

>PC gaming

Well, I'm maining Urien that's for sure.
I fucking love his headbutt and he seems more viable than balrog, his super is sick, AEGIS REFLECTOR is sick, and OTG super is sick

>OTG super
Fuck YES this is the first I've heard of this

I wonder why a game that was originally designed for the PS3's power, when ported to PS4, is able to have much less lag. I wonder if being in constant development for 7 years had any effect, too.

consoles have this by design

He doesn't, though, it'll run the same (pretty shitty) no matter what, meanwhile you'll sperg with the graphic options and crashes more than you actually play the game. Sucks to be you, my man.

>inb4 someone thinks this is an actual combo
sick reset in the middle though, I woulda got hit.

The one at the end is kinda garbage tho, everyone will standblock once they see that leg go up.

its okay when playstation tracks whatever you browse and play to use it on ads and sell the data to koreans, right?

It can be a true meaty at least, I fucked it up a bit there, should've thrown the ex.fireball a bit earlier.

If done correctly you can reset then dash under and do whatever.

>inb4 somebody thinks Urine isn't meant to use mixups constantly.

After a throw, if the opponent doesn't quick or back rise you can follow up with a super, and that combos. You can also vtrigger then throw them on your reflector, and they still get hit just after the throw.
Ibuki also has OTG Vtrigger

Seriously, you'd think with all the backlash this game caused Capcom would take a hint and fully develop their games before releasing them. Don't get me wrong, I still love SFV, but we could've gotten one last year of Ultra Street Fighter IV while V came out between month or February 2017 and nobody would question it.

yeah, that would work better.
>tfw my fingers can't into charge characters
guess I'm just too high IQ. but I really wanna play Urien.

Damn, I need to play him right now but I've been holding off updating because of the rootkit fiasco...it's confirmed to be gone?

This happens by default on consoles though.

>tfw did all that on a pad
Playing the shittiest of the chargers in another game worked I guess

>PC fighting.

Rootkits might as well be mandatory.

So shitty devs are shitty devs? Because I doubt PC is horrible with framerate issues when every so often there's a company that releases a near broken game or a near broken port.

>Crapcom already reverted this shit
>didn't bother removing the rootkit, have to do it manually
>they'll probably try this shit again in a few months
But somehow Denuvo is considered fine.

There must be thousands of people who don't even know of the existence of that rootkit yet just keep playing.

Capcom is responsible of that until they add a patch that safely removes it automatically.

When was the patch rolled back ?

I started the update on the afternoon of the 23rd but I could only download half of it. Haven't turned my desktop on since.

>tfw i knew Capcom was going to release the game underdeveloped and make a bunch of mistakes till they got it right
>tfw i know that to "compensate" they will release a complete version with all DLC included and problems fixed for the same price by the end of this year or begining of the next year
All the Cred Forums buttblasting is just the cherry on top for me

Updated to include rootkit defence.

Wondering this as well
Haven't updated since Juri but I'd like to know if the rootkit still installs or if it's gone for good

pretty sure it's gone for good, but if you had it downloaded then it isn't removed.

You should be fine then.

>buying a future game from a company that tried to rootkit its users.

Yeah sure have fun buddy, i guess they are trustworthy again after they removed it :^)

>Despite all this bullshit the game now has more people playing than the last few days
It's amazing how much the game refuses to die

If capcom hadn't managed to keep fucking up every other minute the game would be doing so well right now

Nah, as I said I've been out since they took some of my FM
But I missed out on the whole problem, looks like. Guess I'll go get Urien after all, thanks

>Buying the game after they released with that terrible artstyle

This is what you fags get; SF4 was a step in the wrong direction and this was a big leap in the same way

Get fukt m80s

The worst part is that there are people still defending Capcom and willing to buy their future games.

>Fighting game players aren't even treated like people by companies
Like it's over thing to be done mega autism in real life that no one cares about but then the devs of the game you like shun you too.
Ha ha oh wow.

The only thing worse than Capcom literally shitting down their consumer base's collective throats with this massive fuck up is drones and shills lining up to defend this bullshit and deflect blame with console war faggotry.

>PC gamers revolt and developers revert their update in less than a day
>meanwhile if this happened on consoles the console gamers would be fucked until the end of time

>Like it's over thing to be done mega autism in real life that no one cares about
You ok there son?

wow some random game

dude, the PS2 had more shovelware than any other console ever.

lol fucking pc jews trying to refund everything after playing