Are you ready for arcade mode for the singleplayer of this game?

Are you ready for arcade mode for the singleplayer of this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3OY0hDt5Sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not interested. The game's generic console AAA trash, with balancing all over the ass of Todd.

What about it is generic?

If we were talking about the Multi, I would agree but the singleplayer is a nice change to the usual schlock we get.

>What about it is generic?
As long as you people continue to ask this question the influx of pile of shit fps on top of pile of shit fps will continue forever.
What amazes me that this kind of thinking got started around 2008 when people started justifying corridor shooters.
Guess what we have today.
20.000 corridor shooters and they are all great right.

Its not like the first doom was a corridoor shooter or anything.

So you are not going to state why?

This game is less about corridors and more about arenas ala Serious Sam style with levels that are a bit more open in the fact that there is usually a secret way to get to the next area. I can understand this is not everyone's thing, especially Doom veterans who have made wads upon wads, but I wouldn't call it generic.

The hell are you talking about user? All I've seen them mention was more Multiplayer shit.

no there's nothing generic about this.
It's a worthwhile successor to Doom, improving everything the first game did right.
The way it plays is completely different to every trendy FPS in the last 15 years.

>What about it is generic?
-linear
-combat arena rooms
-forced upgrade trees & level up systems
-cutscenes
-shit HALO MP.

>corridor shooters.
You don't know what corridor shooter means, you buzzword spouting faggot, DooM levels hardly fall into that category any differrent than the original game did, want a corridor shooter? See Doom 3, but then again you are probably one of those hispter FAGGETS who actually think it was good because it was made for autistic graphic whores.

yeah those qte take downs are really fresh and not repetitive

I was checking up on the XBOne version and saw the update coming up in a couple of days.

Supposedly they want a score system in the single player that allows you to skip the mini-cutscenes and add in more enemies. Higher the difficulty and how you kill enemies, higher the score.

>improving everything the first game did right.
it improved jack shit, raped fucking everything.

>The way it plays is completely different to every trendy FPS in the last 15 years.
You haven't apparently played every single big budged re-boot of old games + Hard Reset.

Serious Sam 3 has been the ONLY game to do anything right, and it's far better "Doom4" and "DNF" game than the actual ones.

>Linear
I can't really argue against that, but some levels do have secret passages to the next area
>Combat arena rooms
This isn't just limited to modern FPS games though. I don't think I have seen ones that do it the way D44M does it either.
>Cutscenes
There's 4 of them and only one of them is fucking irritating due to how long it is.
>MP
It's a fucking disaster, agreed.

>It's a worthwhile successor to Doom, improving everything the first game did right.
..except map-design, gameplay, speed, enemy numbers, art-style, multiplayer, map-editors, modding capabilities, soundtrack, and amount of fun.

seriously kid, go play some Doom 1, without your beloved BrutalDuum mods, and you'll see how fucking huge downgrade D4 is.

The combat arena rooms are the best idea ever. What other game does that? With the combat arenas you get a thoroughly designed, well thought out piece of action after another in which you can freely move and have all this great sense of verticality. It's a way to concentrate the action and bring actual level design back and fuse it with combat more effectively than the first doom ever could.

Compare this to the shit open world shooting design of games like far cry 3 where there's no level design but instead just those pseudo realistic environments with outposts there, there, here and here. Done. I maed gaem

>-combat arena rooms

If these didn't exist people would just cheese enemies in doorways.

>Serious Sam 3
>shitty corridor level design
>repetitive as hell gameplay
>boring as fuck beggining chapters
>difficulty consists on throwing waves of retarded enemies without any actual placement until nauseam.

Mediocre game with shiny graphics to mask simplistic, dated, poorly designed mechanics.

>but some levels do have secret passages to the next area
""""secret""" passages, that you easily can "mistake" for the ones ya should take anyway.

>This isn't just limited to modern FPS games though.
it pretty much is.

>I don't think I have seen ones that do it the way D44M does it either.
Painkiller, Hard Reset, SW2013, and many others do. Play more vidya.

>There's 4 of them
I counted waaay more than that.
Also having to watch the edgyGuy smash or pick up items at snail's pace every fucking time gets annoying very fast.

This video pretty much summarizes my problems with the nu-Duum:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3OY0hDt5Sw

I've been playing doom since about 1997 and the new game just shits over the first one. Sure the first one was more innovative but the new one is more fun.

In regards to modding you are right though. Here's hoping we get proper mod tools and maybe even the source code. But I guess there's not a chance without carmack.

Without Brutal Doom, D4 is way better.

Go home Todd, you're drunk.

D44M is nothing but shit.

I guess you're rocking those nostalgia goggles hard...
It's strange how outdated the original doom suddenly feels without proper hit zones and vertical movement

>buzzword meme
Thanks leafy

itt: nostalgia googles manchilds crying that doom 4 isn't a carbon copy of doom 1-2
Doom 4 is very good I enjoyed every part of it and pretty much everyone I know did too
>b-but muh glory kills
This is a good mechanic, force you to play more aggressively and goes well with the theme of the serie. But you retards wish it didn't exist, you retards wish the game would have been some bland generic shooter on the theme of Doom
eat shit you pseudo elitist cunts

He's right, you're wrong. D44m is mediocre at best.

Would be better if there were more options, like randomized or endless enemy waves.

when quoting the guy you quoted, shouldn't it be "D44M is mediocre at worst"?

>""""secret""" passages, that you easily can "mistake" for the ones ya should take anyway.
And usually give you a reward for finding them, your point being?
>it pretty much is.
I don't know if my mind is foggy or not but doesn't Quake and the original Unreal do something similar? Not lock you in a room but something like the arenas?
>Painkiller, Hard Reset, SW2013, and many others do. Play more vidya.
And those are good games. Is it because it is Doom?
>I counted waaay more than that.
I only counted the ones more than 5 seconds. The others are so insignificant that you blink and you miss it.
>Also having to watch the edgyGuy smash or pick up items at snail's pace every fucking time gets annoying very fast.
If you are talking about the glory kills, the maximum time for one outside of boss fights is 2.5 secs and that is on the barons, one of the rarer enemies. Hell, you can get a rune that speeds it up early in game so you do them in less than a second.

Look, I know why people are feeling this way. It's Doom, the very game that basically defined FPS and made computers a viable platform for gaming with a legacy spanning decades, but honestly, this is one of the better outcomes of the game. At least we didn't get the cancelled D44M.

I'd be interested

I'd be way MORE interested if they just released fucking modtools to give people something to work with that's not fucking snapmap

just think, people probably could have made a whole new campaign if we had mod tools, but instead we get dumb TINY levels that are so limited, that they rarely pose any challenge, and also are stupidly simple

I have technically done that in Snapmap.

But in the single player that would be pretty cool.

I am creating an RTS in snap map and it's pretty good.

Now I am kinda sad mod tools won't be out soon because I like where I am going with it.

The single player movement and weapons feel nicer, and the arenas have more thought put into them.

I liked how they fleshed out the enemies far better then in the first two doom games. Battles against pinkies are sooo much more fun than in the original doom for example. The use of attack patterns in conjunction with the environments and the "weak spots" of the pinkys in the back... John Romero would have killed for such superior possibilities.
The battle before you shut down VEGA was so intense, doom 1 or 2 never managed such things.

I thought it waa gonna be shit up until I played it and was pleasantly surprised. Glory kills are great.

I thought the combat and movement was fun, but that's about it.

I would have liked it if they implemented it in such a way that you can still get hurt when the glory kill animation plays. This would have REALLY driven the point of that mechanic across. Okay, the way it is now you're standing amongst a shitton of demons if you don't plan your melee approach right and get killed in a microsecond, but I personally just don't like the idea of invincibility frames all that much.

So is arcade mode going to be just you shooting demons through small levels?

I remember having with Gunslinger's arcade mode

>i should pirate it now that its cracked , wasn't really interested on playing but since its doom
>demo is out
>try it
>lets not waste time installing that piece of shit

Gotta admit those inv frames were a bad decision, made the nightmare mode way too easy as long as you keep runing around in a circle

It's the campaign with score and the removal of cutscenes. The way I imagine it is that the rooms are completely removed. Such as Hayden's office. It would be replaced by the elevator and just goes straight down to the next area.

The first two levels are shite.

First hell level and above are the better ones.

Oh, sounds pretty sweet then.

Although I'm still waiting on an Old Blood style expansion pack, maybe have Doomguy go to Earth

Oh god I'd love that. That would keep the rhythm of this game going. Hayden's office sucked. At least you can shoot the display in the first room where you talk to hayden to make it stop. Fuck, I HATE HAVING STORY SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT. Love everything else about the game though.

The ost is fucking great tho apart the first levels ones to be honest family

between the shitty slow movement , shitty cutscenes , and the retarded QTE and taking gameplay away from me was enough
and i've finished some really shitty games i wouldn't advice to anyone

It also has limited lives, but maxes out all the weapon/rune upgrades.

>MUH SHILL BOOGYMAN

Like I said, the first two levels are shite.

The rest of them don't do that except for one fucking part that makes everyone mad.

Also there is a rune in the first hell level that makes the Glory kills done in micro seconds.

>maxes out all the weapon/rune upgrades

Well shit, I hope they it has better balance than the main game at least, because it became really easy towards the end

b-b-b-but upgrades were not in the first game
how can they belong in a shooter if they were not in the first doom? :(
I wish it was still 1993

Yes. Game itself was very good.

Looks to be exactly the same. The point of Arcade is going on crazy sprees and keeping a combo up.

You do know the game is cracked right?

>Also there is a rune in the first hell level that makes the Glory kills done in micro seconds.
The worst part about upgrades isn't that they exist, it's that they more often than not strip down player abilities in order to make you choose between them. The biggest offender is the air control perk.

sounds like wow
>ability prune
>check pvp talents , all my missing skills are there

Game has been cracked for a while retard

Some of the perks in nuDoom are genuinely good abilities, though. Albeit some make it super easy, like infinite ammo if you're above a certain amount of armor.

Favourite combo is "Rich get richer" (the one you are talking about), the one that allows you to glory kill about halfway across an arena and the glroy kill speed up one.

Those dumbfucks do not understand that mechanics from 1993 when Doom was basically a glorified 2d scroll-shooter aren't going to work today fucking 2016.

We had Rise of the Triad which tried to be like in muh 90s. Guess what? It's fucking garbage

>like infinite ammo if you're above a certain amount of armor.
I found it useless on Nightmare where demons peel this armor off in like two hits.

what if in place than being forced into shitty cutscenes , the faster you kill enemies the more health the drop?
>good mechanic
go watch some movies if you think so

So wait, a short 0.5-2 sec finisher is like watching a movie?

Favorite was Armor Bonus from Glory Kills + Glory KIll Speed + Movement Speed Boost after Glory Killing.

Felt like an unstoppable Berserker of destruction, and that's before getting the Berserk powerup.

I've only played the game on UV. I tried Nightmare, but the enemies do too much damage for it to be fun.

I used Rich Get Richer with the one that makes your grenades do more damage. It paired well with Siphon Grenades.

>glory kills
>movie
you even have a rune to fasten the glory kill

there aren't going to be any mod tools for doom 4 bruh.

you hsould be making whatever you're making as a dota custom game.

yes.

the finishers ruin the game. they aren't some minor niggling bad thing that you can look past. they ruin the game.

you don't take the player out of the flow of fps gameplay to show a scripted animation. hundreds of times. it's a fucking cardinal sin

devil may cry with scripted cinematic finishing moves in the middle of combos would be great, right?

For some reason, I download the tools but it won't open for me, same with SFM 2.0.

If you didn't use a button to initiate them, then yes, it would be shit.

Too bad you have the control whether to kill them by ripping their skulls or shooting them.

I'd rather have an expansion that gives you a proper ending. Cliffhanger endings in full priced games should be illegal.

after my save file got corrupted for the second time in 2 days, fuck this game

i did pirate it however so there is that, but seems like even people who bought it have the same issue

lmoa

you don't because enemies do massive damage and attack you from behind so you always need the health from finishers.

it turned the game design into an abortion. if i could go back, remove arenas, remove finishers, and manually place health in the levels i could make doom 4 a great game.

but it simply isn't even fun. i'm an oldschool fps guy i was die hard doom and quake in those days, was heavily into the community, and i couldn't be bothered to play past the third level of doom 4. it simply isn't fun. there isn't anything worse that i've ever seen in an fps than cinematic finishers. its a fucking abortion.

no they can't fix the problems without completely re-designing and re-implementing the fundamental game mechanics and at least 2/3 of the maps
just removing things or switching them around won't cut it

>they released a 14.99 multiplayer-only DLC
>3 maps, a demon, a single gun, a mine, some player colors
>14.99
>for that
>they're PLANNING TO RELEASE TWO MORE

o i am laffin

Even though health drops normally at a 45% rate and always gives you health when in critical state?

I'm not. I still haven't finished the game.

My GTX 580 died while I was near the end of the game. My friend gave me his 980 ti when he upgraded and I briefly played at max settings 60 FPS. Somehow one of the fans broke off and now it's off to RMA. I don't want to try with a 460.