Have you made peace with the current state of the video game industry?

Have you made peace with the current state of the video game industry?

I personally don't care anymore, so long as I get Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord in the future. Pretty much anything could happen like EA or Activision buying everything and I wouldn't care.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQbI76qFU6g
gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/60612
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Have you made peace with the current state of the video game industry?
I don't know.

On the one hand, I happily ignore every shit game that I have no interest in and focus just on the stuff I think I might like.

On the other hand I pirate everything because I don't trust the industry with my money. Haven't bought a game in over a decade.

Yeah. Sure. You pirate because of a lack of trust. Uhuh.

Maybe you should try not walking into a store blindfolded and asking to be directed to the AAA Blandfest section.

what is fucking going on in that picture
what is wrong with his neck
the keyboard?
fuck
what game is that

Well it's not the only reason I pirate - I mean, free shit is sweet - but let me put it this way: If piracy were impossible (and freeware ceased to exist), I would rather give up vidya than give the industry my money.

i wouldn't call it peace, rather i have given up out of frustration.

thats uli bitch

I just play doujin eroge these days

you shut your fucking mouth you piece of shit
that is the fucking platform master

The industry is the same as it's ever been. Full of shit with some golden nuggets if you care to dig.

platform masters will be the greatest video game of all time

Not really, the new monetisation methods means most games are like those fucking claw cranes now. Basically just cons to get as much money out of you as possible.

You can see this transition with a company like Valve. Initially their strategy was to make Half-Life as technically impressive and innovative as possible, in order to spur sales.

Now their strategy is generate massive in-game economies, marketing and competitive sport, which makes muich more profit.

Before pre-ordering, before in-game purchases, it was much easier to know whether a game was worth buying into or not. So games used to rely on actually being good. Now they really on conning you for as long as possible.

>means most games are like those fucking claw cranes now
You mean like Arcade games, you dumb ass?

Did he finish his fucking game yet

I expect nothing. I haven't been well disappointed in a few months so I guess it's working.

>in-game economies.

People are paying for pixels that require very little effort on part of the developer. They literally made a way to create money out of thin air.

>and people fucking buy into it.

Why does gaming suck? Because people fucking suck.

there is no keyboards only the greaseproof paper
why
wtf

>He's not even an elemental master
>He's not a reknowned programmer and developer
>He's not internet famous
>He's not the subject of a documentary
>He's not not an acclaimed author

Just die

I am somewhat at peace with game industry. I don't care much for EA or Activision, but there are plenty of good alternative companies so I'm still happy with the variety of companies. What bothers me the most with current state of the video game industry is overuse of game engines among smaller companies.. Game engines inevitably imposes a certain "feel" to a game due to use of modules / same physics engine / same graphics engine. It is true that the engines allows the developers to tweak parameters and use custom code to alter the feeling but nevertheless the game would inherit lots of functionality from the engine (after all, that was the point all along). In the end consumers end up with various products who does not feel original or new. There are exceptions of course such as Kerbal Space Program or Cities: Skylines, both made in Unity.

Early Access is also in general terrible because you are buying an idea rather than a product. Some developers use it rightfully, cudos to them, but in general devs seem to use early access because it's hip and not because it is suitable for their game. Not to mention plebs who purchase shitty early access games and later whine about it. Som man bäddar får man ligga.

I wouldn't have a problem with Early Access if they renamed it Charity.

No, some arcade games are worth the several coins and are enjoyable. Cranes are made to be extremely difficult to acquire the prizes (the successful crane machines that make money anyways) Can you really not understand his simile, "you dumb ass"

>newfags
look up his guide on cooking with hamburger helper and you will understand

>not using a dust cover on your keyboard

just die

No, I mean like claw cranes, you imbecile.

Arcade games accelerated their own demise by getting greedy as fuck. But actually a lot of those games actually relied on the provision of content, rather than on the promise of a prize if you spend more time and money than the prize is actually worth.

whoa when did this guy lose so much weight

>the subject of a documentary

A documentary that nobody's ever seen.

Honestly I think they got about halfway through editing it and gave up. Probably just needed a narration or narrative string to attach the bits and pieces to make it a cohesive whole, but that would mean more filming and more time.

I have faith that the industry will improve in areas with time. As of now, I have plenty of vidya already to satiate me.

i miss uli threads.
godspeed you magnificent sperg

It was the flood. It made it something else and I would guess it became a completely unsalvageable mess without any hope of decent focus.

>tfw he bailed on youtube
>tfw channel is gone

i miss him

He was ahead of the curve. Now everyone worthwhile is going to bail

Doesn't he work now? Can't sit around playing Bubsy 3D for the millionth time anymore.

Why does he hate meat and grease so much?

>platform masters will never be finished

Well, probably because he doesn't do fucking anything and meat and grease make you a fat cunt unless it's chicken. And, given that he can only eat certain things, is a huge problem. If you could only eat fucking pizza, you'd probably try to mitigate some of the issues

I have.

I realized that if the number of new releases I want to play gets smaller and smaller each year, I'll finally be able to one day finish my backlog and play all the classics I missed all the years before. I have so much to look forward to.

This is the only correct answer

Fish doesn't make you fat

Sure it can. Prep is everything.

I like this silver lining. I have at least 100 snes and gba games to go through still

it will, just in a long while i assure you. i am no developer, i have only made mods for games so i am creatively bankrupt. but it takes devotion and uli is clearly devoted

>calories wont make you fat
nigger what

Yup. There's enough games to last a lifetime already. I'll just play those

>implying you don't eat

Honestly, I think the video game industry is in a pretty good place right now. Certainly way better than it was in 06-10
Even the uninspired rehashes are still "fun", way better than the linear wait for your teammates to kick open the door after 10 minutes Modern military shooter.

touche'

when the fuck did i say that? calories in, calories out. you expend so many calories in a day doing nothing at all and expend more exercising. its stupid to assume calories from certain foods will never lead to excess calories being stored as fat

Certain foods are too awful to eat enough of to get fat. Like plain steamed brussel sprouts

I haven't, but I'm interested on new games because of the shitposting.

Right now I'm focused on GBC, PS1, PS2 and PS3 backlog. However I'm still studying and working also have a gf... I think that I will never get a 8th gen and 9th gen will be the bigest dissapoinment ever.

whens his game coming out?

Does he still make videos?

that doesn't mean you wouldn't get fat if you ate too much though, just that you are a fucking bitch who cant handle his veggies.

>He doesn't degrease his pizzas

youtube.com/watch?v=UQbI76qFU6g

I haven't had a game session above 1 hour for like a month or two also the only thing I'm looking forward is bannerlord, when it releases I'll probably start to play again for 3-4 hours in one go.
So yeah I guess I made peace.

>newfag doesn't know who Ullillillia is

I'm not even surprised anymore

>playing FF12, want to break the game
>start using power leveling guide
>later realize it's by our guy Ulli
>gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/60612

huh, does this make me a sperglord by extension? I'm guessing yes

Who likes pizzas more?

me
i do