Does it ever disturb you to know that there are people who actually prefer fantasy settings to cyberpunk? Like...

Does it ever disturb you to know that there are people who actually prefer fantasy settings to cyberpunk? Like, there's people who actually would rather stare at boring ass dark forests full of trees, and boring old castles and shit. They'd rather look at that stuff than cool kickass futuristic shit. The fuck is wrong with these people?

It'd disturb me more if the "cool kickass futuristic shit" you mentioned was actually represented in your photo instead of a place that looks like the shitty, local low-life subway hangout for immigrants and failed stores.

Those people are insane. They bitch about dark rainy cities with neon lights but love boring drab forests and swamps and castles.

>Does it ever disturb you to know that there are people who actually differing opinions

Here you go. Cyberpunk is about dark, gritty, and REAL. Not fancy elves in tight clothes prancing around a campfire and singing songs, like your fantasy stuff.

actually have differing*
I should stop posting at 7am

Cyberpunk stuff is really hard to make.

They can both be interesting, douchebag

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is a thousand times more interesting than Dark Souls, Witcher 3, and WoW Legion. Get some standards.

What is it about cyberpunk fans that make them unable to talk about cyberpunk without shitting on other aesthetics and genres in the same breath? I've never heard people talking about fantasy suddenly detour into saying cyberpunk is shitty. You guys act like there's this war going on when in reality it's only you guys who can't shut the hell up about other genres.

>Does it ever disturb you to know that there are people who like things I don't?

fuck off, retard

Modern technology ruined cyber punk. No one buys people jacking into the internet with ports on their neck or tearing shit up with mechanical arms in the future when we have wifi and are trying to grow replacement organs in labs right now. Let it stay in the '80s, OP.

Another cyberpunk thread nipped in the bud by a retarded OP.

The things you like are objectively shit though. I mean come on, what does fantasy offer that cyberpunk doesn't? Sissy ass elves and gay magic shit?

Modern technology ruined fantasy then, since no one is gonna use a damn bow and arrow over a gun, or wear knight armor and use a sword.

It's like the difference between Terminator and Terminator Genisys.

Yo mods can we do something about this shitposter? He's made the same thread every day for a week now

cyberpunk is limited
fantasy is unlimited

you can literally make a cyberpunk fantasy
you can't make a fantasy cyberpunk, because it stops being cyberpunk and becomes fantasy

>Jacking into the internet using wifi when anybody could be capturing packets at any time

That's not very cyberpunk.

If fantasy is so unlimited, why do they all have elves, medieival humans, dwarves, orcs, and demons and shit fighting in castles and forests?

they're copying tolkien, simple as that

you can do whatever with fantasy, they just choose not to

>Does it ever disturb you to know that there are people with different tastes and different opinions.

Yes, it does actually, all who think differently than me should be exterminated, pic related, we already have the infrastructure ready, let's get this show on the road.

Cyberpunk has cyberninjas, fantasy doesn't. Fantasy assassins are just edgelord guys with hoods and a knife like the guy from assassin creed.

>kickass futuristic shit

HELLA YEAH MATE I FUCKING AGREE CUNT THIS SHIT IS JUST SOOO RADICAL I CAN'T EVEN!

BADASS!

SIMPLY EPIC AND LEGENDARY KICKASS SHIT OVER THERE BRO!

Fantasy settings rarely if ever take place in our universe, so it doesn't cause dissonance when their tech levels are further behind than our historical equivalents, or it could take place at an earlier point in their history, etc. etc.

This is not the case with cyberpunk. Every cyberpunk setting I can think of off the top of my head is set in our future. I can't blame them, the real world has all the background a player needs to be familiar with a setting and plenty of diversity for locations, and it's fun to see what happened to New York, London, Tokyo, and so forth in the future. But as time goes on our lives start to feel more like science fiction. Sci-fi has this problem too to an extent, go watch something from the 70s or 80s and laugh as people use videophones mounted into the walls or boast about a robot with a 32 gigabyte harddrive for a brain. But scifi can always be pushed back further, when we're traveling the stars beyond the speed of light and interacting with alien species.

Cyberpunk doesn't have this luxury. It's a dystopian near-future. Its tech levels are low sci-fi, they're gritty and ugly. It's corporations running the world and replacing your eyes with mechanical counterparts. It's too close to home.

And when does it start feeling like cyberpunk and start feeling like regular sci-fi?

Exactly. It's a genre that's a product of its times. Modern cyberpunk attempts will only feel more like regular sci-fi.

>Cyberpunk has cyberninjas, fantasy doesn't.
it does if you put them in

>Fantasy assassins are just edgelord guys with hoods and a knife like the guy from assassin creed.
if you make them so, yes they are
you can also just not make them like that, it's still fantasy, you can do whatever you want with fantasy you don't have to abide by tolkien rules

Final Fantasy games after 6 are fantasy without any of the preconceived notions that you seem to have

fantasy can be cyberpunk
cyberpunk can't be fantasy

are you going to make a thread about this every single day?

Cyberpunk is a subset of scifi.

Scifi is a subset of fantasy.

Fantasy is a subset of fiction.

Tno strict dividing lines. Genres are just vague fuzzy collections of specific instances of fiction. This debate is meaningless.

For god sakes, the very fact they are cyberninjas means they can';t be in fantasy. The fantasy version would be lame, like a generic middle ages rogue with a hood and an arm made of steel or some dumb shit.

Then you see a fantasy setting with dwarves or some other race using guns while the others still use bows and arrows. And it looks retarded.

Sci Fi is better than fantasy due to the fact fantasy is racist. Unless you're white, you can't relate to anything in a fantasy setting. It's far too catered to white culture and white supremacy.

I know, it's not as if historically different cultures had different scientific rates of advancement. I mean, could you imagine something crazy like the Spanish fighting the Aztecs or the British fighting the Zulu?

Also, in fantasy, magic is typically a substitute for technology. There are even games about this. Magically uninclined races tend to be more technologically advanced.

Except in real life the less advanced cultures got their shit wrecked. Meanwhile in fantasy you have elves using bows and arrows and fighting off humans or dwarves using guns and bombs. Warcraft is especially bad for this in later expacs, WoD was pretty much highly advanced orcs with tanks and bombs and shit getting their shit pushed in by people far less advanced.

I enjoy both

too much rain. too edgy

Visually, cyberpunk is way way better looking than any fantasy