What the fuck they were thinking adding this crap in their game?

What the fuck they were thinking adding this crap in their game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tN3AML1B0jw
youtube.com/watch?v=9r2b-CSOwDY
youtube.com/watch?v=gEWS5dGSDOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was perfectly fine in the context of AS 1 and 2, since they were all about intrigue and finding 'the truth'; it only becomes a problem in hindsight when they clearly had no idea where they were going with it

Was pretty intriguing at first and gave solid context to your actions past and present. Then everything went downhill after AC2

I've only played AC1, 2, and Brotherhood, and that was the only story-related moment that actually entertained me.

I liked the ancient aliens shit. Fit with the conspiracys and magical artifacts stuff they had going.
My problem is they killed Desmond and the plot died with him.
They should really consider wrapping it up with a finalgame and be done with the series.

This. At the time, I thought it was pretty cool. But Brohood basically forgot about it and I lost interest in the whole series 10 minutes into Revelations.

it was pretty trippy
I'll be honest this scene fucked me up for days on end
thinking about our true origins kept me up at night

>Assassins Creed 2
>Back when the series was 2 for 2 with outstanding protagonists and wasn't just milking Ezio for all he's worth
>"Eh the combat isn't great but I'm sure they'll nail it in the sequels"
>They had that awesome largely optional subplot about the fucking apocalypse
>Main plot in 2 sets up the Assassins v Templar as one of the coolest underdog fights
>Also validates the coolest version of every conspiracy theory every concieved

Back when the series was good

DESMONT??
WHO EES DESMONT??

AC1 and 2 were full of conspiracy stuff like that.
Personally I feel they blew their entire load in AC2 though, AC1 talked a bit about "Those who came before" and the entire Apple of Eden stuff. But it was more subtle.

In AC2 on they revealed nearly everything, instead of keeping it more mysterious

>tfw he talks to Desmond in Rev

really like how he accepts being the messenger

>They killed off the qt blonde love interest at the end of brotherhood for no fucking reason

Biggest mistake of the series desu

>no fucking reason
Lucy's a Templar
:(

Because she was a Templar. We find out about this in AC3.

apparently the VA/model contract is over and never renewed and original writer left

Ancient aliens wasn't that bad. I thought the fucking retarded game dev storyline they tried to push for 4 and rogue was much worse. I didn't play unity or syndicate so I can't comment on those shitpiles

>Think she is talking to you, the player, because of how she stares right at the camera
>Think how fucking cool and meta that is
>Turns out she was speaking to Desmond

I guess I was giving the writers at Ubisoft too much credit.

>Dropped the series like a rock after finishing revelations because my favorite character died

Is it worth picking back up again, I kinda want to play 4 for the pirate shenanigans

>fun game about assassins
>but really you're a guy from the future
>but really it's all about aliens or some shit
Why couldn't they just have stopped at fun assassins? The should also have made the combat better

4 is a good pirate game with ass creed tacked on. The modern plot is trash and a fucking slog though. Rogue is also ok don't play unity syndicate or liberation

so AssCreed, hotdogs and Far Cry takes place in the same world right?

that's cool

The First Civ stuff is cool but it doesn't really fit into this game world. Almost feels like it should be completely seperate.

Shut the fuck up. You two have no idea.

In the context of AS1, it made no sense. It was sprung on us at release. There was literally no mention of it before release. Shadiest thing ever.

>In AC2 on they revealed nearly everything, instead of keeping it more mysterious

To be fair, my last AC was brotherhood and I didn't touch anything after 3 because it was obvious that AC became the Madden of open world games, and that's the reason why the story became so boring.

The writers simply didn't have time to figure out what to do with the plot with a major game and multiple spin offs coming every year.

At AC2, I think there was still tons of possibilities and mystery left. If they made one numbered AC game every 3 years and no spin offs at all, the series could still be great.

You're a retard. And a nigger.

Fuck off idiot

You fucking retard, they purposefully didn't show shit about it because it was supposed to surprise the player. And it did. Which was the goal.

And before you start with "uhh in AC1 there was nothing about it", there was. Vidic in AC1 mentions the First Civ.

Now kill yourself.

I liked ass creed 2s glyph puzzles they were pretty fucking spooky and the later ones were hard as fuck. I was sad they didn't bring them back.
youtu.be/tN3AML1B0jw

It absolutely had context with AS1, the apple device was obviously far too advanced for the era you find it in

I fucking LOVED this shit because it just fit so well. Everyone who didn't is just a cunt who shouldn't have played these games in the first place.

these niggas know

You should go play 4. It's pretty fun. Stealth with ships was kinda dumb though.

youtube.com/watch?v=9r2b-CSOwDY
youtube.com/watch?v=gEWS5dGSDOc

Only played 1, 2 and 4 myself out of the series.

Surprise? I didn't want to be surprised by a core feature.

>Those fucking truth puzzles that lead up to the Adam and Eve video
Why didnt any off the later AC games this kinda shit?

>I didn't want to be surprised by a story feature

Retard.

Yeah, because you use the apple SOO much in these games right.
It's a core plot point, not a core feature.

You're a retard. And a nigger.

Because the puzzles were too hard for ubisoft core demographic of drooling retards

>Core feature
Are you dumb?

Because the Adam and Eve video sucked balls and was pointless, kind of like how the ancient alien storyline went nowhere.

Because AC was supposed to be a trilogy. Creator got fired, the plans that had been made were scrapped and the franchise turned into a yearly shitshow while the others were making stuff up along as they went.

That pretty much sums it all up.

>They burned Joan of Arc at the stake for the Sword
>Edison electrocutes an elephant live to hurt Tesla
>GHANDI
>The last 3 puzzles have you figuring out brain surgery or some shit
>The very last one recites the Assassin's Creed

It was pretty god tier

>unable to kill civilians because of desync

It felt like you were uncovering a conspiracy by piecing together hints and gave off a sinister feeling. It's my favorite part of the game desu

those puzzles were sick, and that adam/eve video had me thinking for ages after finishing the game. Some deep shit. Real shame the series went the way it did after that peak.

Fuck, are you me?
I played 10min of Revelations and lost interest in the series.

>The last 3 puzzles have you figuring out brain surgery or some shit
They found out there's some chemical/gene in the brain which basically the "submission". Templars covered it but released a statement where their scientists "find out curious gene somehow evolved by ancestors"

They also find out that the human brain is attuned to a specific frequency that renders it despondent and vulnerable to suggestion. The Apples make use of that.

>irrelevant shit

No, he's me.
I couldn't stomach another game of walking around slowly with some exposition dump of a character, followed by shitloads of different bombs that were all shit.

>What the fuck they were thinking adding this crap in their game?
My exact same thoughts OP. I lost all hope for the series afterwards and what do you know? All Asscreed games since Brotherhood have been shit, apart from Black Flag.

its ass creed what did you expect. the animu letting people live their ancestors memories is dumb. y you play dumb game

the main character is a skype. why isnt he reliving being in a concentration camp?

>played asscreed when it first came out and i remember not having the best pc so i dropped it eventually
>a few months ago i thought why not try it out just for the lulz
>heard good tings about brotherhood so i thought why not
>got to the horse riding part at the literal beginning where you ride with your uncle
>can't turn mouse acceleration off
>uninstall

why do people like these games?

>Playing a 3rd person action/adventure console-port with M+KB.
Are you fucking retarded?

>playing a pc game with mouse and keyboard

>First game had legit action elements, like timing button presses to immediately either kill someone or knock them over to finish off with hidden blade, heavy and light attacks, lategame enemies were actually ferocious, the health you have at the start is all the health you have during the entire fight
>In the second game you can up to 15 instant half-healthbar heals, it takes more than 5 attacks to kill someone with the highest tier weapon available, but every counter is an instant kill if you taunt with the hidden blade, leading to boring low stakes defensive combat

How did they go so wrong

>You didn't hug Leo

Asscreed built pretty much from the ground up with a pad in mind

From this thumbnail I thought she had giant tits with puffy nipples.

>playing a pc game with mouse and keyboard

i don't care about hurr durr game pad in mind, if it's on pc then it should be optimized for m+k.

>Innovative control scheme of "lets tie the 4 main console buttons to Ezio's body parts" which is relatively intuitive falls completely apart when they aren't lined up in the fashion of a controller
>Every fucking prompt is 'press the head button' instead of 'press [head button]'

kill yourself faggot

THE WINDOW WAS TOO DAMN SHORT

I love those puzzles
not to mention sometimes while playing the "spot the thingy" codes and numbers pop up and you can decode them to get some messages
Like some messages mentioning templars using the apple to make Tesla insane or how Hitler had a body double in the bunker