Why did nintendo remove the petting content from fire emblem fates?

Why did nintendo remove the petting content from fire emblem fates?

Was anyone complaining or something??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CmuXJTuudyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just hack your 3ds already and patch it back in

personal preferences of the team doing the localization

NoA still wants to keep their brand as family friendly. So they took out the part that they deem weirdly creepy. Disagree all you want but the fact of the matter is when NoA is in charge they care more about protecting their brand than anything else.

So the team that nintendo hired to do localisation just decided they don't like it and dropped it?

How much deciding power do these teams have??

NoA = nintendo of america??

A large amount. They can't do anything they want but Nintendo is pretty lenient about their localizations as long as family friendly image is upheld.

Naw it's more higher ups than the actual localizers. They make the final call on what they deem going too far. If they feel the thing in the game might not be family friendly (FE petting, #FE and the bikini dungeon, ect.) they will either tinker with it to make it more in line with their brand.

Honestly NoA has been getting more willing to keep weird things in their games. It's just not to a point people really want them to be.

>bikini dungeon

what's that??

The higher-ups are suits who don'the know anything about the western market and also don't really care as long as money keeps coming in. NoA doesn't have the authority to do whatever they want, but as long as they present biased information to the higher-ups they will he told to do whatever it was they originally wanted to do in the first place.

What was actually removed? Do you literally just pet them?

It's really silly. Imagine someone translating a book and rewriting or removing some parts because he didn't like them.
They seem to be people who wanted to be developers but they're only good enough for localization work and are now on a power trip, and think it's their game now and that they know better what to do with it than the actual authors.

>It takes forever to grind affection level without the minigame
>Would take at least 3 times longer
>Would probably have like 2 lines for each character that they cycle through multiple times during a single minigame

I think it might actually detract from enjoyment over time honestly

TMS #FE had a dungeon that's about girls in bikinis and one of the main character overcoming her fear to pose in one if I remember right. Most likely someone will correct me since I didn't honestly care enough to remember it.
You really don't know anything about NoA do you? Look up NoA history for even a minute to learn about them. They have always had localization policies. And the higher ups where the ones to control what is too much for western audiences. That has always been the case since the very start.

why are you petting people in the first place?? That doesn't sound fun at all lmao

>I think it might actually detract from enjoyment over time honestly
wasn't that the main reason why the bulk of the petting stuff was removed?

>And the higher ups where the ones to control what is too much for western audiences
And where do you think they get the information about what is and is not "too much" for Western audiences?

I was complaining. No one is allowed to give head pats to my waifu.

Are you retarded? Higher ups make those decisions. They were the ones to set up the policies and are the ones to make the final agreement on what is and isn't acceptable. The localizers for the most part just do what they are told and remove things they are told to remove. For the most part low level localizers have no fucking control on what is and isn't kept in a game.

Not sure what the localization team for the general translation of the game is, but in Scandinavia we have Bergsala Enigma who are fucking nazis when it comes to what they think is appropriate. They consider ANY Nintendo game to be almost 100% FOR KIDS, not even a family game. This counts for almost all their products, it's very sad sometimes. They're also a bitch to work with at times.

>Higher ups make those decisions.
Do they make these desicions entirely in a vacuum without looking at any information?

Sometimes, they do.

Source: Someone who works with higher ups.

So because each individual higher-up makes a completely random desicion without reference to any external information, we should therefore expect the sum of all desicions to be relatively neutral, as nothing is influencing the desicion-making process other than their individual personalities?

Scandinavian here

I feel like you're full of shit in your claim

I'm staring to wonder why? Why crisis of conservative 'family-oriented' values in the west and general approval of media geting more and more edgy, does making content more markerable to kids realy a viable ecobomic strategy, or is NoA just fucking disconected from reality?

I was. It was fucking retarded.

The fuck are you talking about. It's just people thinking some things are a bit too much for most westerners. Petting to them might seem too creepy. Like how Lin being 13 and having the ability to less her down to her bikini is creepy. Not saying it's right or wrong just that's how it works over in NoA.
They are just protecting their brand as I said earlier. They don't want people to think of them as having things that might be "creepy" in their games. Is it a bad decision? Don't know. Personally I enjoy Nintendo games and don't really care about what they do with their games. But I do get why people hate when they do change things in their games.

They were terrible to work with when I worked at GS (GS is also terrible to work with), they would censor shit left and right and a lot of games that aren't released in Scandi are because of those reasons. "It ain't kid friendly enough".

They aren't marketing to kids. They are trying to make sure no headlines generated by soccer moms or tumblr emerge that could potentially damage the company. If you look at their marketing presence, the concerns of those two groups are pretty much the only ones they take seriously and address.

>It's just people thinking some things are a bit too much for most westerners.
Why do they think that? How did they specifically get the idea that those things are too much for westerners?

Tumblr's constant shrieking

I don't want this kind of waifu pandering stupid bullshit in my fucking fantasy tactical RPG. Fuck off and die.

And They are losing a fuckton of money because of that. In a world where clueless mothers buys their sons dooms and gtas for 10th birthday, avoiding controversy for all cost, will alienate younger audience and longtime fans alike.

>tumblr
Just stop. NoA has been doing all of the things you have been crying about for 30 fucking years. Tumblr has nothing to do with how NoA acts.

Don't be retarded, please. Extreme violence, blood and guts are perfectly fine, but anything remotely sexual is a no-no for any soccer mom.

They're trying to get rid of the cancer

>Imagine someone translating a book and rewriting or removing some parts because he didn't like them.
What really rubs me the wrong way is that they made a straight character gay, basically removing all her romances. All because tumblr threw a fit over a scene that sounds like gay conversion when taken completely out of context(she's trying to get over her nervousness).
They also cut your childs romances because they look too young, with your kid getting rejected. But they let you marry your kid sisters by using a copout line to say they're "technically an adult".

Yes obviously, but petting someone's head wasn't a fucking concern before tumblr's bitching it was more religious imagery.

Do you honestly fucking think NoA would have left petting in Fates if Tumblr didn't say anything? Because I can list a million things they took out of their games before tumblr ever existed that is less weird than that.

>Imagine someone translating a book and rewriting or removing some parts because he didn't like them.

Imagine me not knowing better anyway because I don't speak or understand the translated language.

Do you honestly fucking this these people aren't having an effect?

To NoA? Not much honestly. But that's because NoA has been doing the same fucking things for 30 years. Hell I would say they are more lenient on sexuality now than they have ever been.

You can post all the smug anime pictures you have. Doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What the fuck are you smoking? Bergsala doesn't even localize the games themseves, all they effectively do is translate manuals and box art and shit.

Bergsala is shit for other reasons like being the direct reason Scandinavia didn't get miitomo and a proper Club Nintendo but they have fuck all to do with removing game content.

Implying Hideki "the glasses ain't coming off" Kamiya would let Nintendo censor Bayonetta in her own game.

Yeah, tumblr has zero effect on how NoA does business. That's why when tumblr rioted over "gay conversion therapy" and the Rapp controversy, NoA didn't desperately release statements trying to prevent the situation from deteriorating further, despite their normal policy of ignoring fan opinion.

Wait, that is the exact opposite of what actually happened.

Ssssssssssh evidence doesn't count.

Literally the bible

No, Nipples or Asses.

All of you guys were complaining because it "casualized" the game

>tumblr's bitching it was more religious imagery.

Now this is news to me.

Why does Cred Forums think tumblr is some all-powerful entity that imposes its will on huge companies and the government? Could it be stupidity?

What? Nintendo has had a policy of removing all religious imagery for decades.

Because Cred Forums is turning into tumblr 2.0 like they did with Cred Forums, except without anyone mutilating their body and more bitching for attention for (you)'s.

I was inquiring on how the petting game is religious imagery.

Because you want to keep pretending Tumblr is irrelevant despite evidence to the contrary so you characterize their influence as irrelevant and anyone who notices it as paranoid.

Sorry, I just realised how awkwardly I worded that.
It's not I was trying to say Nintendo used to be mostly concerned with offending the religious and not the more recent waves of 3rd wave feminists.

Nobody is saying that you idiot.
They just bitch really fucking loudly and as such get listened too for a variety of reasons.

Because they don't want another situation like this:

youtu.be/CmuXJTuudyE

Higher ups want to avoid something like this AGAIN and considering people complained about the face petting and Soliel's support when the game dropped in Japan in the west, you'll know why

WE DONT WANT THE VITA AUDIENCE!

Serious fuck the Vita

>Was anyone complaining or something??
Yes, trannies were. And Treehouse agreed with them apparently

Here's Sakurai's opinion on people who bitched about the petting game