Why is it acceptable for nintendo to keep making rehashes of the same games over and over with their franchises...

Why is it acceptable for nintendo to keep making rehashes of the same games over and over with their franchises? Why were amiibos accepted as an okay business practice even when nintendo caused artificial shortages? How can nintendo justify such a terribly underperforming console like the WiiU/Wii/Gamecube?
I'm not trying to start console war shitposting though I'm sure it will lead there but I seriously don't comprehend the thought process behind nintendrones blind loyalty to nintendo when they don't make new IPs and their consoles are so amazingly bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/skankhunter42
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I'm not trying to start console war shitposting
Yes you are.

because nintendo manchildren

Its alright when nintendo does it, they make entertainment for children.

>not trying to cause

Sure buddy. I believe you

Also
>GameCube
>underpowered

>amiibos
>still having shortage

Why do you care?

Because of people like pic related.

I'm curious, is there a meaning behind your name?

Just found it interesting

>no new IPs

Guess they don't count, damn

God damn it Gerald get off the internet and go raise your kid.

Because Nintendo cannot do wrong, right?

Gamecube wasn't underpowered, it was more powerful than PS2 and Dreamcast and less than XBOX which was monstrous for that time.

>Why is it acceptable for nintendo to keep making rehashes of the same games over and over with their franchises?

Because people buy them. And people buy them cause they find them funny.

Where did you even pull that from

Your ass?

Not to count there are downright lies in the OP

Why is it acceptable for you to use the word rehashes when you clearly have no fucking idea of what it means? Oh, wait, it's not acceptable at all. Fuck off.

Amiibos would've been fine for kids if they were restricted to toys that interacted with amiibo specific games. Not if they acted as physical dlc (and in most cases unlock locked away content that we already pay for).

Theres nothing wrong with their consoles. It's enough for them to do what they intend to do. There is everything wrong with their mindset of gimmicks. It acts as a constant reminder that they've always been for casuals and children first, and hobby gamers second.

>>amiibos
>>still having shortage
No I said they caused artificial shortages. Which they did. Which is an extremely shitty business practice which you seem to think is acceptable. Thanks for proving my whole blind loyalty point.

>GameCube
>underpowered

Spot the underage

>rehashes
What even is the definition of a rehash? Can someone clarify? Is it just because the mechanics are the same? Does level differences matter?

>no new IPs
Lol

Oh, I never said it was okay. I just said its gone now, which is true.

Not sure why they did it, did they not expect the popularity?

Can someone educate me on how articulate shortage benefits a business?

>articular
Artificial*

I think we established a long time ago console power has nothing to do with its success. Specs are basically just shit flinging for fanboys and marketing teams.

Skank is a style dance Jamaican performed to reggae music and I'm always on the lookout for more tracks of it's genre so that I may dance the skank.

>Gerald
who?

>release too few of a product
>demand for product goes up due to lack of it
>hype gets generated around product+people buying en masse to sell to others due to shortages
>fully release product right when people are clamoring for it the most for maximum sales

That is true. After all, the weaker PS2 won.

Wii won

Marketing is all that matters

Interesting, I never knew

>I think we established a long time ago console power has nothing to do with its success.

That was true and only remains true if you're not competing with other consoles aka if you're Nintendo. When you have multiplats you kinda need to be at least on par with the competition or you're not getting those multiplats.

I wonder why they are rehashes now, like how everyone liked super mario bros 2 and 3 and super mario world even though they were almost the same games but everyone is annoyed by new super mario bros wii, u, 2, etc

Does that mean I can buy a Palutena amiibo at a reasonable price now?

Just as many complaints you have against Nintendo can be directed towards the competition. You are clearly trying to start a console war thread and I'm glad someone called your shit out.

>Rehashes
Majority of the PS4 library are ports, remasters/HD, 'definitive' and collections of last gen games. On top of that all that sales on the PS4 are yearly rehashed shooters and sport titles. Exclusives barely sell within the top 40 games. The Xbone doesn't even have that as most of it's games are on windows 10 or coming to it.

>underperforming consoles
Nintendo doesn't market their consoles as cutting edge devices, they make consoles to sell their games. Meanwhile Sony and Microsoft promise 1080p/60fps but can barely deliver on just one of those. In most cases the only titles that see either or both are last gen ports. Then both proceed to re-release the same consoles with upgrades that still don't seem to do what they're advertised.

>new IPs
Because Nintendo has a long list of titles that people want to see new iterations of. Most people bought a Wii U for the next Smash, Kart, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, etc. Most of their attempts into the new IP territory are over looked and people whine "Where's Zelda? Metroid? F-Zero? What is this crap you're making instead?"

The only point you made that can be discussed is amiibo shortage. Over a year later and they still hadn't reproduced the first few lines for people who aren't dirty scalpers.

You're right in that regard, but that didn't stop weaker consoles from winning before.

twitter.com/skankhunter42
Don't believe Geralds lies

Can you? Not sure, I don't follow that shit, all I heard was that supply was up some time ago.

>here we see the nintendrone incapable of talking positively about his company without comparing it to others

But you are comparing in the OP, saying why it's okay for Nintendo and only Nintendo.

>get BTFO
>"nintendrone"

Thanks for the (you), here's one back because I feel sorry for you.

I did not believe him from the start

The games they rehash are good, that's why.

Nintendo has solid IPs.

People WANT new Mario Kart games for example.

Why do people always bring up Sony when people try to discuss Nintendo's short-comings as a company?

This, every time they do something different or try to shake up franchises its met with overwhelming opposition

but I seriously don't comprehend the thought process behind nintendrones blind loyalty to nintendo when they don't make new IPs and their consoles are so amazingly bad.

Because I enjoy some of their content. Not all of it, but enough to where I feel alright owning a wiiu in addition to my ps4, because it has some great games. My ps4 gets more attention at the moment but several of my wiiu titles hold higher value to me than most of the ps4s library.

The rest of your spiel is hyperbole or just incorrect, so that's about the best answer you'll get.

Because the OP states that 'why is it acceptable for Nintendo", implying that it's okay for other companies?

And if your competitors are just as bad as you, why would you change for the better?

>Make a game similar to the ones before it
>REHASH WHY WONT THEY MAKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT
>Make a game different and change things from the ones before it
>WTF THIS ISN'T THE GAME I WANTED. THE ORIGINAL GAMES ARE WAY BETTER. WHY CHANGE WHAT ISN'T BROKEN?!

why is it okay to pretend nintendo is literally the only company to ever make a sequel

Nintencucks are the worst

If anything he was implying the opposite. "Why is it not okay for them but it is okay for nintendo?"
You should really learn how to properly read the context.

Mario has been around for 20+ years. Its time to hang the fucking cap up and move on.

They can and they fucking do a lot, but OP is still a lying faggot about "not wanting to start console war shitposting"

Why would they if it keeps selling and selling well?

You clearly don't speak English, so I'll educate you a little.
OP could have just as easily said "why do modern devs blah blah blah" but he didn't. This gives us one of two conclusions:
1. He's a fucking fanfag loyalist himself with blind eyes to Sonyggers and Xbots.
2. He thinks people are already calling Sony and Microsoft out on their bullshit, but not Nintendo.

As the second is demonstrably false, the first one is the only logical conclusion.

>killing your mascot literally EVERYONE knows

I really hope you'll never be in charge for important decisions

Nintendo is probably one of the best companies with not rehashing. They usually only have one or maybe two game for each series within a console generation. Mario is the best example of a long running series that has been done right. All of the main games except for Galaxy 2 and maybe 3D World have a unique style and feel. It is really amazing that they have managed to not rehash it after so long.

The formula in some of their other games is starting to become more obvious, but they are still doing well considering how long they have been running. Other companies will drive a popular game into the dirt within a single generation with yearly sequels. They also seem to have recognized that people want something new with Zelda, so hopefully that will carry over to other games as well.

Super Nintendo and 64 were the best Nintendos

Amiibos werent cool. Scalpers have bought more amiibos than interested consumers.

Also nintendo rarely rehashes aside from most mariokart games, smash bros, and (new) super mario bros.

Most of their new ideas are actually retarded and hurt the popularity of a franchise, like Mario Sunshine or Skyward Sword or Breath of the Wild or /any/ starfox game after 64. Half the time they don't even touch older legacy franchises like F-zero or Metroid.

Nintendo doesn't rehash. They'd actually be a much more favorable company if they did.

All made by me!

>being this mad you have autism and can't understand basic social cues
Nice rant though.

>breath of the wild
>Mario sunshine
>retarded

user I

>no rebuttal, I shall call him autistic!

Haha

There hasn't been a good 3D mario game since 1996. Deal with it.

And yes, BotW will be flavor of the month Skyrim-lite without mods or half of anything that gave skyrim a believable atmosphere and world. It's all physics meme and "muh open world" and just general poorly designed gameplay. It'll be a 6/10 stinker if the final game is reminiscent in any way to the e3 demo. Even shitty elder scrolls games at least have soundtracks and musical atmospheres.

This post is Cred Forums in a nutshell.
OP was talking about specific issues with Nintendo such as physically locked DLC and really, really underwhelming hardware.That doesn't somehow make him a Sony/Xbox fanboy , no need to get so overly defensive when people point issues with Nintendo's approach to the market.

>Why is it acceptable for nintendo to keep making rehashes of the same games over and over with their franchises?

Because it's usually 1/console generation instead of 1 / year like other games?

bait.jpg

>facts are bait

>phoneposter
>frog/ponyposter

nice shitposting

I'm just as upset as you that nintendo sullied the popularity of their franchises with subpar games and hasn't been working on quality good titles for the past 5 years but that seems to be irrelevant.

>gamecube
>underpreforming

I'm assuming you mean power-wise, because the Wii slaughtered the competition. You do realize that the GameCube is stronger than the PS2 and people only bought the PS2 because it was also a DVD player that was in the same price range and did more than the DVD players released around that time.

It's OK when nintendo does it

no it isn't. Btw you're not being ironic; just unhelpful and uninteresting.

>1/console generation

People will point to the New Super Mario Bros. sub-series as Nintendo rehashing with the relatively little innovation between titles, but fail to realize that there has only been one NSMB game per system since the original game was released.

>ds, wii, 3ds, wii u

here's to (you)

>it's ok when Sony does it.

>b-but sony!

EVERY.FUCKING.TIME

>actually defending the same game 4-5 different times
Wow

The N64 killed Nintendo. Even though they did make some profit from it, losing 70% of the console market share to the PS1 and giving that much of a headstart to Sony was the beginning of the end.

>nintendo
>great/bad/worse
>great/bad/worse
>great/bad/worse

>sony
>great, great, great
>great, great, great
>great, great, great

It's not acceptable.
But all companies make dumb shit. So, the real question is, why when Nintendo does dumb shit there is a bigger uproar than when other companies do it? Why is it not ok only when Nintendo does it?
Why you claim you are not making a console war thread and yet you don't make similar threads about other companies?

They made profits with every home console and handheld, even after the n64.

>killzone
>great

Because it's ok when Nintendo does it

Where the hell have you been? The problem with current Nintendo titles is that they keep committing suicide, tossing out the baby with the bathwater and removing anything good in order to make "original" content. Take a look at Federation Force, Chibi Robo Zip Line, Star Fox Zero, Sticker Star, Color Splash, Pikmin Platformers, and arguably Skyward Sword/Super Mario 3D.