X99. Is it good for gaming?

X99. Is it good for gaming?

I got a X99-A II its pretty gud

oh sweet it's fatal1ty brand, i heard that guy was four-times world champion

no the 6700k is the best cpu for gaming, you go the x99 if you are going for 3 or more graphics cards

6 ram slots, 3 pci (gpu) slots, good vrms for overclocking

yeh it's p good just look at the features and stop being a fucking noob

It seems so weird to me that there is still Fatal1ty-branded stuff being sold. He was good back in the Quake 3 days, wasn't he? Do kids today even know who he is?

22 here never heard of that nerd

No but does wonders for compression heavy tasks and cryptoshit.

Why would anyone buy asrock products? The quality is always shit.

What motherboard you get doesn't matter for shit other than it having the slots you need and the manufacturer having a low failure rate. You can get a fully featured one for any tower at under $100, the only thing your setting yourself up for buying one with 90% more plastic/metal is somewhere down the line having trouble making something fit. Same goes for ram.

t. Fatal1ty

only worth it if you play meme cpu based games

I got a asus x99 pro and a 5820k, I mainly play shit like 4x turn based shit and strat games which it just fucking eats right though compared to the 8370 I was dealing with before. if you don't play games that are very cpu heavy then just get a 6500k and be done with it, i7s are overkill and so is x99 for normal games.

don't know how good or bad intel asrock motherboards are but pic related has been going strong with everything overclocked for a few years now.

Do you have a single fact to back that up? Failure rate is less than 3%, worst motherboards are ~5% and the only company that gets 2% is Gigabyte but you end up paying the +$50 fag tax anyways and any motherboard comes with a 5 year warranty.

did you bench arma2/3 on it? is it worth the investment?

I don't play arma, it's fucking overkill though, the 5820k is a monster of a cpu. for example when I play ck2 which is very cpu heavy the game now goes too fast at max speed while before I always had it at max while it chugged along. For stuff like arma I would think it would be more gpu based then cpu, just get a 6500k and you should be well set at less cost then a x99 system since the boards are at rape prices. only worth it if you play stratagy and turn based games with very heavy focus on ai processing shit, you know, stuff like total war, civ 5, eu4, ect. if you mainly play stuff like arma I would put the money you save on your board and cpu into a better gpu instead.

oh and yeah, it was worth it just for the meme capability of the thing for 4x and grand strats, it's completely retarded how fast a 5820k can get. Can just let the games run on itself in the background without noticing at all, run mutable instances at once just to get cool map situations

I'm not good with computers, so what does the mb really do to enhance your gaming?

some of arma's settings are entirely based on CPU power but the problem is the game has trouble using more than 2 cpus (some people claim to have fixed this) that's why I was asking

I got one of that. The ram slot configuration took my 5 tries to get right. Basically you gotta start at the inner left side and go in 2 slot increments.

>2 slots inner left (dual channel)
>all 4 slots left (dual channel)
>2 slots inner left & 2 slots inner right (quad channel)
>all 8 slots (quad channel)

that's an absurdly high rate

just allows a better cpu since the socket is different and cpus require certain sockets to be "plugged" into, maybe more sata ports for hardrives, ram, pci-e slots(graphics cards, sound cards, network cards) and of course "gamer" aesthetics which you may like depending if you care about looks.
A 6500k should be perfect for you I would think, look into it's benchmarks as they should be readily available to find, a open area game like arma from what I know is mostly gpu, a i5 like a 6500k would not bottleneck you with it's pretty high tier power. pcpartpicker is a good site for looking into part compatibility and stuff too if you haven't heard of them, also logicalincrements is good for picking out parts too based on price.

Thanks, friend.

no problem fag

wtf are you talking about nigger

6700k is CPU not mobo

I suppose he is saying the 6700k is the best CPU for gaming but you can't fit one on the x99

Or maybe you can I don't know I'm just speculating

My asrock pro4 mvp died after just 3.5 years. That's enough statistics for me to say asrock is shit

Sure, why not? Unless you have 1000s to spend though it is not better than z170.

Chipset is important

6700k is only good for stuff that uses hyper threading, as in video processing not most games
you can get a pretty top tier x99 platform set up for around 1200-1300, no computer for anything beside professional level creative stuff needs to be over 1500, you can play games in 4k pretty well around the 1200 range

I supposed you'd need 2 1080s for 100hz 3440x1440 and that'd run you over 1300

you can play 4k with a single 1080

at 100hz?

depends on the game but modern AAA of course not.