Why did they use a bunch of faggy penguins and walruses instead of the Kremlings in Tropical Freeze?

Why did they use a bunch of faggy penguins and walruses instead of the Kremlings in Tropical Freeze?
Was it just out of spite for Rare?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Fzu8vA7ncw&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=iRVAj-Vk9IU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because they wanted to do their own thing and anyways
Vikings>crocodiles

The penguins and walruses were awesome. Screw you and your shitty lizards.

It was worlds better than the shitty eyes-and-hands tiki people + generic animal enemies. In Dong Freeze they at least appeared to be a unified force with a goal.

Better than those retarded tiki enemies in Returns.

It was a fun change-up and kind of made sense. Landing on an island and fucking everything up is what Vikings do.

It's funny how everyone complains about every Mario game having Bowser as the final boss and every Zelda game having Ganon as the final boss, but everyone wants K. Rool back because nostalgia.

miyamoto and tanabe told them not to use kremlings

people would start complaining about lack of bowser and ganon too if they were gone long enough.

the difference here is that DKC was dead for ages and then finally resurrected but classic enemies MIA for two games now.

Screw the classic enemies, bring back the rest of the animal buddies.

well technically Returns didn't have a unified force,it was mostly just stuff hypnotized by the main tikis. and on the topic of the tikis I'd just like to say that the main instrument ones were pretty cool while the normal ones were pretty forgettable

Whatever the reason, they look super generic. Like background characters for Ice Age 7

> not liking the badass walruses and polar bear
> not liking the creepy owls
> not liking the weird tikis

> muh nostalgia! muh kremlings!

you people disgust me.

OH NOE SOMEONE MADE 2 WHOLE GAMES BUT DIDNT CATER TO YOUR SHITTY NOSTALGIA ENEMIES? WELL THE GAMES MUST SUCK BALLS TO THE WALLS THEN

They're better than your ugly, 80s CGI shit Rare creations, though.

Lots of underage on this morning.

Arnt the kremlings owned by Rare and not nintendo?

This. Animal buddies were the best part of 1-3.

Anyway, as someone who grew up with 1-3, honestly, the Snowmads are good. They have just as much personality as the Kremlins. Both walk back and forth, trying to look tough, but are silly and easily startled. The Kremlings had a bit more design variety, but they were also developed over 3 games. Face it, other than K. Rool himself, they weren't as amazing as you remember. And the first fucking boss in Chilly Willy has as much personality as Rool does. If the Snowmads had been in 1-3 and then replaced by the Kremlings, people would be bitching about the Kremlings. It's all nostalgia.

What isn't nostalgia is that the enemies in Returns were shit, just in general, not even in comparison to anything else.

We just need to face facts that modern Nintendo listens to what the fans want, and then Miyamoto waves his dick around and goes "No, do the exact opposite."

>We just need to face facts that modern Nintendo listens to what the fans want,
lol

No, quit spreading this bullshit.

No.

Nintendo owns everything from DKC1-3, DK64 and DiddyKR except Banjo.

Which sucks. Banjo in Smash never ever.

Here's your (You) for ignoring the rest of the sentence, chappy. You worked hard to earn it.

What did miyamoto have to do with Fed Force?

so has anyone gotten good enough to beat DKCR's mirror mode? I've been completing levels here and there while wondering how I'm supposed to beat Jagged Jewels

Snowmads were pretty cool

youtube.com/watch?v=1Fzu8vA7ncw&spfreload=10

True, I don't know how the CEO could influence a project that his own personal buttcuck Tanabe was in charge of.

But you're right though, numerous Nintendy higher ups ruin shit, not just Miyamoto. Of course, I was being facetious, because I didn't expect that someone's autism would make them take the statement so literally just because I only named one person. See, when I said that they listen to what fans want, it was actually a set up for the premise that they don't.

So here, maybe this will help you: Nintendo listens to what the fans want, and then they do the exact opposite. In other words, they don't listen to what fans want.

Which is shockingly the same point as the one your MPFF image was making.

You seem to think the "fans" are a united entity that has a clear, single unified message about what they want, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Just look at the Zelda fanbase. For every game in the series you have fans complaining that that this game isn't like the one they want, and you have fans complaining that every other game isn't like this one.

That's nitpicking at best. Personally, I prefer to see new enemies instead of the same old enemies rehashed to death.

I liked the vikings, but they lacked variety.
Kremlings came in many shapes.
Would like to see more different enemy troops.

It's called tropical freeze for a reason, retard

Lizards are cold blooded you fucking retard. They'd die in Tropical Freeze

I am pretty sure mind-controlled animals have the same goal.

youtube.com/watch?v=iRVAj-Vk9IU
Never have I been amazed by a first boss theme

>You seem to think the "fans" are a united entity that has a clear, single unified message about what they want, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Except, no, I don't think that.

Of course there's no unified voice in any fanbase.

But there is such a thing as common feedback and majority opinion, and when Returns came out, the people who voiced disappointment over the change of enemies were easily the majority. Whether is was due purely to nostalgia is irrelevant.

The same goes for many of their franchises.

Zelda is a good example of one that isn't that way as the Zelda fanbase is an anomaly even among Nintendo fanbases. It's easily the most fractured one, although 3D Mario and Pokemon gen shitfits come close.

They could have called it Sauna Safari and made it about the Kremlings trying to heat the island up so much that it would destroy the Kong's supply of bananas.

why is this review still causing anal devastation 2.5 years later?

Why did they use those faggy Kremlings and spiders instead of fireballs and barrels in Donkey Kong Country?
Was it just out of spite for Miyamoto?

Are those tusks clipping into his body

You should wonder why the Wii U in general casuse so much butthurt around thespite the fact it selled badly. Like, it is done for. It's over. Then why keep beating the dead horse?
Are you people so jealous about even a dead console having good exclusives you can't stop spitting shit from your asses?

probably because most people who played the game disagree with it?

>good exclusives
it doesn't even have 10 good exclusives.

Why not just have Rool and the Kremlings dress up as vikings?

Personally I wouldn't have liked the game as much if they did that. It'd seem like way too blatant nostalgia pandering and my overall impression of the game would've suffered for it.

It would fit with Rool having a bunch of brothers all with different professions though

Is that the review where they complained the game was to hard?

>wonder why the Wii U in general causes so much butthurt

Gee I dunno, maybe because this is the one situation where literally every single person on the face of the planet has a better idea than Nintendo on what to do with their property? And Nintendo's not listening because either NoA has no pull on Nintendo in Japan or they just don't care and think they shit gold?

>This Wii U sucks, it's about as powerful as a PS3 which I could buy at my local Walmart for 150 bucks, and 125 on a good sale day

>"Okay, we'll keep the Wii U at 300 and never change it even four years in when it's not selling anymore."

>This tablet controller's awful, has a shitty 480p screen and drives the price up a ton. Can you just include a Wii U Pro controller with the console instead like Xbone with Kinect? We could control games normally, and you could either update your previous games or put a warning on them that says it won't work without the Gamepad?

>"No"

>We just want a normal console with a Wii U Pro Controller that's about as powerful as the PS4, or maybe a little more, with some fantastic Nintendo games. The PS4's like 300 dollars with a game now, so you could sell at 350 or even 400 and we'd understand even though the PS4 Pro is coming out for 400.

>"Nah, we think that there are more people out there who want another tablet that you can hook into your TV and bring with you on the go and run on terrible battery life. There are WAY more people who want that then who want a traditional console. Also fuck the 3DS."
>Do you mean the Sega Nomad?
>"Yeah, like that piece of shit that failed horribly. We want a console EXACTLY like that!"

It is fucking MADDENING that they are allowed to stay in business doing things the way they are.

Yeah, we know. But it's long gone. Why insisting? Darn jealousy.

personally I feel ripped off by the Wii U.
The only good exclusives are
>DKTF
>Xenoblade X
>Mario Kart 8
>Splatoon
>Pikmin 3
Console isn't worth the money I paid for it
>The Wonderful 101
>Bayonetta 2

Whoops didn't mean to stick the comment in the middle of the list.

Not me, if a console gets me five exclusives I like, it has been worth my money, the rest is plus. To each their own, though.

I'm tired of how much nu-Cred Forums and reddit praise this game. it was a mediocre platformer with really slow movement and very predictable level design

i'm happy with nintendos core titles, those are what i also loved playing since the NES days because at the end of the day, you really can't 5/10 a mario game (without typical Cred Forums bullshit reasons)

the wii u was a bad, sad lil black box. i don't believe it will ever be remembered outside of nintendo themselves reminding us once the NES hits 50 in 19 more years

Star Fox Zero, Pokken and several other "core" Wii U titles were definitely 5/10's though.

>clearly can't beat the first couple worlds of the game
>gives it a poor score for being too hard, and most hilarious of all, not having enough variety
Most pathetic kind of review by the most pathetic kind of reviewer

I'm constantly amazed by people butthurt about a 300 dollar purchase made 4 years ago, as if that's still affecting your bank account and finances today.

Would you rather have NOT played those games?

>everything everyone does is just to be mean to others!

They wanted to do their own thing with original villains, and they referenced K. Rool and the Kremlings several times in both games. Jesus, people, companies are allowed to do their own things.

And this isn't like Sakurai who makes K. Rool a trophy in every Smash Bros game, has his boss theme as stage music, and puts in Kritters as Smash Run enemies but refuses to make him playable for whatever reasons.

I bought other games besides that though and they were all trash.

i don't know, i kinda don't consider spin offs like pokken a main title like the pkmn main series is

pokken was boring as shit though
SFZ should have ditched that stupid ass NEED for the controlpad and it was a sad sad last try to SF in general.

i can let SF go and never see another again since SF 1 and 64 are probably the best in the series.

>didn't even answer user's question

I would have rather not played the games that were trash and the ones that were trash outnumbered the good ones.

the kremlings were classic googly-eyed rare bullshit. there was nothing good about them other than the fact that they happened to be in an awesome trilogy of games.

the snowmads are great by comparison. and yeah, the tikis were pretty lame.

but overall the tone of the games in retros two games is far better than the originals.

Nothing this gen except maybe the 3DS has 10 good exclusives so far.

This, famalam

So you would have rather not played any of those good games because it meant you owned a console where you also played some bad games. user I think you might be a retard.

They don't own Conker or Tiptup either (kinda surprised the latter was still in DKRDS)

The money I spent on the bad games is more than the money I spent on the good ones.

>Also fuck the 3DS."

I dont see the problem with this the 3DS has had its time.

From what I remember reading, all of the DKR characters were planned to have their own games, but only Conker and Banjo managed to, so Rare let Nintendo keep the rest of the cast.

That's because Rare developed and published DKRDS, not Nintendo.

The fact that DKRDS even exists is amazing.

Rare would have had to have gotten permission from daddy Microsoft to publish on a Nintendo system again, when they had previously been Xbox exclusive since the acquisition, while simultaneously getting Nintendo to let them use the characters that Nintendo still owned.

And then years later Nintendo decided to be dicks again and screw them out of several key titles for Rare Replay.

Didn't they get off on a technicality that Microsoft only console owned them but didn't handheld own them because they don't have a handheld to own them on

but they made another donkey kong game like that and it was actually the best one