What are some video games where the humanity gets destroyed by extraterrestrial objects?

What are some video games where the humanity gets destroyed by extraterrestrial objects?

Other urls found in this thread:

exploringorigins.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what if those lines are from TREMORS...like the kevin bacon ones

>'surprising' activity
>It's some really fucking stupid measurement that proves nothing.

>it turns out Europa has tectonic activity and NASA is surprised by this
>media somehow turns it into "ahmergerd aliums!"

Mass Effect 3, pretty much.

It's going to be something to do with tectonics or water, nothing very interesting to most people

Always

>aliens in Europa
and water is wet

Fallout series.

Star Ocean 3

Isn't Europa's underground ocean actually pretty damn warm? Sounds like a pretty ideal place for life to pop out.

Universe Sandbox

10/10 post

is this an immigrant joke

In Soma a comet destroyed the earth

I hope it's aliens. It'll change our entire planet to know other life exists

You're pretty good.

yeah race war in space sounds rad

We will all have killed each other off by the time we could've possibly found conclusive evidence of extraterrestrial life though, or at least fucked ourselves so much we will be forced to halt progress for a good while to recover, if at all.

Humanity ain't reaching the stars my man, and it fucking pains me. I wanted my coffin to be thrown straight into a black hole.

>my mind forgot that race war was an actual term
>i just thought of wacky races instead
man, that'd make human history way cooler

>I wanted my coffin to be thrown straight into a black hole.
>not throwing your body in the sea in a tough ass coffin and getting recycled into the earth
>not having your skeleton pop out of a mountain millions of year after

In 2055 I was part of the Grand Prix against the Europans, kid. You'll never see a racer take a tighter corner than a Europan. They got guts. If you're planning on racing one of them, you better plug in a catheter, 'cause you'll piss yourself before you're even half the racer a Europan is...

Rage but it's shit. It's like if Doom was a Borderlands style open world game that sort of ripped off Fallout and Mad Max.

>ayyliens shitposting under europa
can't wait

I bet they came from Sirius

RAGE core gameplay is pretty fucking good but it's hidden on top of piles and piles of the worst, most unimaginative fucking garbage I've had to slog through, like to the point where it can be argued shooting shit isn't even the core gameplay, but shitty car racing is.

I said its shooting was good. I compared it to Doom but it's in a Boderlands-esque open world which ruins it. Also wingsticks are OP as shit.

Sorry, I just need to vent every time RAGE is mentioned because it makes me mad every time I'm forced to remember it.

Dead Space 3

Homeworld

holy shit

You know, I've been hoping for us to find any form of life in our universe, but there's been nothing. It's news like this, or lack thereof, that really makes me inclined to believe there is an actual God. A waiting God.

It's literally impossible for there to not be life in our universe, it's simply too big.

So much universe, yet we've seen nothing. I wouldn't mind if our technology was really bad, but Hubble alone has mapped the universe already. There just aren't that many secrets anymore, and one of them is the lack of other life out there.

That would imply that you know how the life starts on a planet. Which you don't. We're not talking "are there planets that can sustain life in our universe". We're talking "why the hell did those molecules start moving on their own and develop a fucking consciousness". For all the current science can say God might as well be real.

Kinda crazy how the DS3 dlc pretty much shows all the Moons getting to Earth and stuff

Kinda like they were flat out saying "EA is never going to let us do another Dead Space again, so here: it ends by humanity being wiped out and being eaten by the necromorph moons"

Pretty dark desu

Our technology is really bad, you are confused.

Dude, you have a serious misunderstanding about how astronomy and life work. Life != intelligent radio technology life and just because we looked at a patch of sky for one short period of time using one narrow band of the EM spectrum doesn't mean we completely understand it. We have a lot of different types of telescopes all of which tell us something different about whatever they are looking at.

You can't tell me there is no bacteria under a rock anywhere in the universe because of Hubble.

>What is abiogenesis?
This is abiogenesis. Knock yourself out.

exploringorigins.org/

>So much universe, yet we've seen nothing.
Just the sheer distances alone can explain most of that.

>I wouldn't mind if our technology was really bad, but Hubble alone has mapped the universe already.
Um... our "map" of the universe is very, very rough, with tons of what we can see (which is an extremely small amount) not readily explainable.

>There just aren't that many secrets anymore
You don't actually pay attention to physics, astronomy and cosmology, do you?

>and one of them is the lack of other life out there.
That's incorrect. There's a lack of evidence of life, but again, there are literally hundreds of variables and explanations to account for the lack of information we have.

"Out technology is bad" is not an answer to Fermi paradox

Craaaawling in my skin!!!

You don't know shit about the search for alien life.

The most likely way we will discover extraterrestrial life is finding an Earth like world that passes between it's parent star and us. If the sunlight passing through the exoplanet's atmosphere contains a significant spectroscopic oxygen marker then it likely due to an atmosphere with significant amounts of oxygen. We know of no other reason why a planet would have large amounts of oxygen other than life. This sort of discovery could happen in our lifetime, or it may not. It takes a lot of luck.

"The Fermi Paradox is just bad" is the answer to the Fermi Paradox.
Seriously, it's half a century old and full of logical errors.

>NASA is about to confirm that aliens exists
HOLY SHIT GET FUCKING HYPE
>tfw when you will actually get to fuck some qt alien fish waifus in your lifetime

Pessimism founded in facts is fine, and it's a fact that there is going to be another upheaval of civilization within the next few decades unless we get the mudslimes under control.

nah its Ice Arrakis

It's not necessarily bad, it's just incomplete. We don't know all the variables.

You guys damn well know its going to be done boring shit like tectonic activity.

>media somehow turns it into "ahmergerd aliums!"

That's the only thing about space normies care about. When you get down to what they actually do, and don't focus on them launching spaceships or discovering planets or whatever, astronomy is fucking boring.

>the aliens are thicc
PLEASE GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN

Elaborate what stopping aliums from building Von Neumann probes. We can almost do it ourselves. Are you saying on the galactic scale life is so rare and hard to sustain it's almost impossible for it to get to our tech level?

NASA are the biggest fags when it comes to reveals

Cute alien girls please.

>yet we've seen nothing
>implying the u.s. government would reveal such a thing
Check out some of mexicos sightings, there was a famous military sighting and they're denying nothing. It will start from mexico, because people there seem to be more accepting of such things.

Tremor 1 tremors or Tremor 2 tremors?

What if Aliens all look and act like fat black sassy women?

Tremors 3 for the assblasted nonbelievers.

Fuck you.

Tremors V: African Boogaloo tremors.

>We landed on the Moon 50 fucking years ago
>The farthest a human has been in space since then is LEO

What the fuck is taking them so long to mine asteroids, make space stations and establish colonies on the Moon and Mars?

underrated as fuck

>We landed on the Moon 50 fucking years ago
>we are about 10-15 years away from having nobody alive to have walked on the moon

Maybe there's video games

Pretty much, yeah. 99% of all that out of this world and shit radical to NASA basically means nothing to your average person.

>Is it aliens?
Is literally what everyone wants to know.

>Pessimism founded in facts is fine, and it's a fact that there is going to be another upheaval of civilization within the next few decades unless we get the mudslimes under control.
Its not the mudslimes you should be worried about, its the climate change that is causing the mudslimes to leave their countries in the first place. Maybe once their countries become uninhabitable the right will finally acknowledge climate change and how its a threat to the earth.

Is that the movie where the Alien was just an orb of light for the majority of the time and in the end it was revealed to be a killer worm? Because I expected more to be honest.

no war machine to support technological advancements

>What is taking them so long
People think that their lives are important and worth something so no one is willing to do what is necessary.

You reminded me of that thing I saw on tv where people were saying they don't even care if they find life on other planets and celeb drama is more interesting.

If your expectations are aliens then yes everything is going to be boring by comparison, but things like when they announced liquid salt water on Mars are hardly boring.

>mine asteroids
because it doesn't cost 50 billion $ to just mine third world shitholes instead.

I saw it it pop up on Netflix the other day. I've been meaning to watch it since it looks like exactly the kind of boring sci-fi I like.

>he fell for the climate change is because of humans meme
nigga you don't understand

It's not worth it. Rush to the Moon was motivated by political reasons at the time and until economic situation becomes so dire we have to go off-world for resources you'll never really see anything like asteroid mining and shit.

its pretty well made for a low budget film

also watch Moon if you haven't done so already

user is being pessimistic, not edgy. Know your memes.

>Climate change
>real

Reddit out.

>thinking aliums aren't real
>thinking this is a puppet or cgi

Tell us about how you still think volcanoes emit more CO2 than humans. I could use a good laugh.

Oh here it is. Black Daily Show saying they don't care about life on other planets and Bill Nye trying but failing to get them to understand that life on other planets would be a big deal.

youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y

>STILL thinking we landed on the moon

would like to have a word with you

>tfw all the most important and amazing discoveries of the next century will probably be dismissed by normalfags because they give more of a shit about what's going on in Shaquille'o-niqua's room rather than the vast reaches of outer space
The human race is an evolutionary dead-end.

And here we go with the denial from the right, when the 1st world is forced to take in even more of the 3rd world due to droughts, loss of arable land and civil wars in their countries, you'll see.

Funding, dumby. American spends less than half a penny on the federal dollar on NASA.

Bloodborne, sort of.

And Stanley Kubrick filmed it right?

Yeah, because if I went to an exoplanet with giant intelligent life forms that could break me in two, I would spend my time running around naked in populated areas. Makes perfect sense.

Option 1:

A generic looking alien from standard human fiction came to Earth instead of observing us from space and went into a random person's house to do nothing but just stand there.

Option 2:

It's fake.

Which is more likely?

>Forced to take in
Which is why we're going to build a wall. If they can't properly maintain their own shit countries then they should be left to die in them rather than shit up ours.

>Tfw we might be one of the first species on the galaxy with space related technologies

>Forced

Not anymore after our emperor Trump wins and cleanses this world.

it's from a documentary about an abductee that has tons of evidence. Somehow they allow him to record everything.

>naked
>implying they have the same social norms as we do
typical ignorant human detected :^)

>looking forward to being the grandpa who doesn't understand all this new nano technology and shit

Fate worse than death.

Methane release from domesticated animals does several times more damage to the ozone than industry.

So you're saying if you went to an alien planet you wouldn't run around populated areas naked showing your dick to everyone?

Is this nigger serious or is the contrarian meme getting out of hand?

Humans didn't start wearing clothes because of social norms.

>thread not bumping at only 100 posts
pretty sneaky you jew mods.

It's just Cred Forums thinking they're being rebellious by holding 'controversial' views.

So the fuck what? We are talking about climate change, not the ozone. Or do you think that the hole in the ozone is heating Earth?

Really makes you think.

I thought the Ozone was slowly reforming itself.

It is.
It's also not the problem.

Actually the last 50 posts have just been the OP.

cows have four fucking stomachs and eat grass, a single cow can release the same amount of gas as dozens of people in a day.

This is true.

t. OP

shit there really are only 50 or so posters ITT, but the thread is still on autosage

lab grown meat can't come soon enough

you're a dumbass. war only makes our race stronger, since we no long have natural predators to cull the weak.

Quick! Send the Italians!

The variables originally used in the fermi paradox are, indeed, pretty stupid to assume. But the problem of Fermi paradox is not in the variables, but the galactic scale. Exoplanets are not a rare occurrence to us anymore. Even planets in the habitable zone are not a rare occurrence. It's safe to assume that nearly every star system has at least 1 or 2 planets. But even if we would think that only a tiny bit of habitable planets have life on them and only a tiny bit of those have a lifeform capable of sustaining a civilization, it would still give us tens if not hundreds or thousands of possible candidates. That's billions of lifeforms over millenias, and none of those were capable of producing a von neumann like drones that would reach us just for the heck of it? It can take just 1 million years to explore a galaxy like Milky Way this way, which is a tiny timeframe even compared to dinosaurs, let alone whole galaxy. There is a possibility that our system was already visited once before, but it's strange that we haven't seen any proofs of that yet. There's also a possibility that those probes are currently on their way to our solar system, but chances that it only happens now and not like 10,000 years ago or 100,000, or 1,000.000 are slim. There are possible answers to the paradox, but it's still pretty weird to see that our universe is not full of life on every corner. Maybe spacefaring civilizations are just not meant to exist. Of maybe we are in HFY fanfic simulation made by some higher existence.

desu senpai If we had the ability to create a perfect simulation for everyone or spent that energy on colonization and exploration, I would choose simulation 100% of the times. Space is a fucking wasteland.

Yeah, bullets and artillery tend to analyze the dna of people and only hit those that suck

yurocucks on suicide watch

War spares the privileged. That's not natural selection.

ETERNAL HABSBURG