No crossplay for TEKKEN 7

"High chance" Tekken 7 won't have crossplay at launch but it may be enabled later on.

avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2016/9/23/high-chance-cross-platform-play-may-not-be-in-tekken-7-at-co.html

This is bad news for PC more than anything. Console will be fine but a year after launch we'll be lucky to see 1,000 people playing on PC, imo.

The reasoning is ass as well. I've never encountered a cheater in all my hours on SFIV on PC and in SFV the only known cheater, Tool Assisted, is on ps4.

So basically, console babies complaining to Harada/whoever about PC are partly responsible for this, along with "policy" issues which can only mean Sony, because we know MS was okay with it according to Michael Murray.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises
eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/10/tekken-tag-tournament-2-misses-sales-target-soul-calibur-5-doing-fine/
youtube.com/watch?v=UuAW5DzhYZA
sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub
youtube.com/watch?v=EV1UBe7sHiU
youtube.com/watch?v=bexraJGvDfM
youtube.com/watch?v=0VClLTCxB7s
asiastarz.com/articles/6368/20160809/sony-remains-mum-cross-platform-support-tekken-7-fated-retribution.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=fcKzA_KlVT4
youtu.be/ZZMU4wRCcNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well there are good chances that it will use jewnuvo so I would rather throw my money away and buy a PS4 if they don't pick up crapcom formula of scamming people with reskins and putting stuff behind grindwalls

Also on Revolution I caught up many people using lagswitches even if by setting the connection quality to high people started to casually lag here and there when they were losing or just for the fun of it

Tekken doesn't scramble for money like capcom does fortunately.

If the population on PC is that bad I may get a ps4 pro but it'll have to be really awful for that to happen.

The PC version looks the best and runs the best, that has been confirmed by those who've played the different versions, and we've seen the console version a few videos now and it looks awful.

Console version it is.

I've seen a ton of this since they announced it. So shitty. Best version will have players.

greed is always around the corner

True, but Tekken has a history of including things like customization and characters for free. We already know there's a fairly extensive and expanded customization system in t7.

>good chances that it will use jewnuvo
please no
i'm so hyped for this game
i don't want to buy a game with that shit

>tfw I only play single player modes like Arcade

I'm ok at least.

People who say that BNamco isn't greedy with Tekken forget how moneygrubby T7 actually is in arcades.

Honestly anyone who is really "into' fighting games should own a PS4 by now.
SF V and KI are literally the only active fighting games on PC and it's because they both have cross-play

they jumped on said train as they want to protect their yearly shitty manga/anime based game rehashes from pirates while keeping them as casual as possible

It's Harada being dumb and justifying it due to SF5's rootkit fiasco.

Frankly, if you want the game on PC: buy it on PC. Even if the community dies, you need to show there is demand there so the next game will be cross-play.

Look at SF4->5. 4 didn't have it, 5 added it (but monumentally fucked up elsewhere).

>tfw I would absolutely wreck you if we played together.

>please no
Bandai Namco dude, it might as well be japanese developer and publisher who loves Denuvo the most right now, right along with Square-Enix.

>like Arcade
But Tekken's best single player content is Tekken Force / Devil Within / Scenario Campaign.

I'll be fine playing the same hundred of so people from tekken zaibatsu on PC. Those are the only people who stick around longterm anyway.

SFIV did pretty well on PC, the population was comparable to 360s from what I saw, and a few others have managed to do well, like MKX, despite being a really shitty port.

PC hasn't been given enough opportunities to show its FG potential imo.

Honestly, ps4 has a slew of dead anime fighters, KoF 14 and that's pretty much it.

It would be nice if PC was a primary fighting game platform though. There's a lot of advantages it has over consoles. Primarily, you don't have to pay to use your own internet connection to play, and it can have support for every controller possible. No need for converters if you don't want to buy a new stick.

Thats cool, fighting games are trash online everytime. The "revolutinary netcode" in SFV was fucking garbage. If you aint playing locally against people, dont bother with it at all.

I honestly don't know how people had a problem with Lucky Chloe when fucking Alisa has been in the series for years already. I find Alisa more visually appalling.

>buyung fight games on pc

It seriously astounds me how retarded some people can be. Do you buy COD and sports games there too user? Like playing with a playerbase of 100?

That is their big money maker but it's also the reason Tekken isn't loaded up with DLC and why we'll be getting a solid product next year.

>Scenario Campaign.
I can't think of a single player game I regret completing more.

The arcade is at its worst a necessary evil. It's where content is trickled down, bugs are squashed, and balance issues are ironed out.

Part of the reason why Street Fighter V fucked up so badly was because Capcom was so desperate for Sony money that it skipped the arcade entirely (being the first mainline Street Fighter to ever do) and went straight to home systems as a half-baked product.

What game on Arcade isn't "moneybrubby"?

Arcades by definition were made so it would cash on people as much as it could.

News flash: fighting games are niche on every platform but the few games like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and, to some extent, Injustice have all had pretty good population sizes on PC.

SFIV had just as many people on PC as it did in 360 and SFV would be doing well without crossplay.

Tekken 7 will definitely have a good player base but crossplay is ideal.

Do you have that much of a shit taste?

There's nothing wrong with Scenarion Campaign, only the "plot" could be seen boring as shit, but if you cared about that then why the hell are you playing a brawler for the story?

SFIV was fine on PC, so I don't see why Tekken would have any problems.

I just want to have a larger player pool. SFIV was perfectly alright on PC, I agree, but more players is always better. It's nice not playing the same people over and over again.

Plus, we have to keep in mind that Tekken isn't nearly as popular as Street Fighter in the states and is considerably more complicated. That will inevitably affect its staying player base.

As a long, long time Tekken fan, i think it would be cool to crossplay with other platform users, but im suprised. Suprised that, given Tekken has been mostly an arcade or otherwise, a playstation thing, that at this late stage there are PC users that would want to get into it at all.

I know that as of 6, tekken has made uts way to the exbawks as well, and more the merrier I say, but is there really a big PC demand? :3

If we cannot cross play that would be a shame tho.

>:3

Anyway, Harada was pestered a lot on twitter by mustards, but that is small part of it, he wants to boast his team's usage of the UE4, hence the Nvidia 4K sponsored gameplay videos, Harada just wants to show he can do graphically demanding games.

Tekken is loved by many, it's not surprising people want it on PC.

That's fine and I agree cross-play is great, but personally I'm not worried.

I'd imagine most PC users have owned consoles or played it at an arcade/friend's house.

Dont care, wont buy a PS4.
System is garbage.
As long as the game stays up to date with other versions on PC it will have active players.

Not much demand exists now, but it's something I'd (selfishly) like to see cultivated. I've got a console, but it's more convenient playing on PC. Flexible hardware gives some advantages people could really leverage.

Why not just crossplay between PS4-PC? It didn't stop Capcom.

Takes work and Tekken was delayed a million times already.

A lot of people migrated from the shitty 7th/8th gen consoles to PC, me including. Steam is best for Japanese games now. It used to be Playstation but not anymore.

I can see Xbone/PC crossplay happening. But seeing how Sony have a refused to crossplay with MS and recently declared PC an enemy, full 3 way crossplay is probably forever out the window.

It astounds me that people who want to be in fighting tourneys and the tourneys themselves are willing to pay for online. The reason f2p shit and CSGO are so popular in esports is because there's fewer barriers to entry to online play.

Good on Tekken. I don't want to play with cheaters. Fuck em.

>I did it so so did everyone else
:^)

This entire post is completely wrong.

There are no cheaters on PC. Cheating doesn't even work with peer-to-peer fighting games.

>and Tekken was delayed a million times already.
It was never delayed, it never had a release date before.

Every Tekken game since Tekken 6 takes two years and some to reach other plataforms after Arcades.

You could just do it like KI and give people the option to play PC players or not. But I guess choice is antithesis to Sony.

Did I fucking say everyone else did aswell? No but a sizeable portion did. Otherwise traditional console games wouldn't sell so well on PC now.

Can you not read? He outright specified the quantity: "a lot".

I would be okay with PC to Xbox even. According to Michael Murray, Microsoft said they were interested in crossplay a while ago and said that we should ask Sony.

They've already said multiple times it's not hard to do.

Good on you, dummy. It's people like you who stifled what could have been a completely unified community over a complete misconception.

I've never encountered a cheater while playing a FG on PC except for Tool Assisted on SFV crossplay and he's on PS4.

>Steam is best for Japanese games now
Visual Novels and Indie Japanese Game flooding steam, yet many console japanese games come out first on consoles, with only some having simultaneous releases, while many others don't come out at all.

Almost all of the hardcore PCMR types are former Nintendo fans that stopped buying their consoles after Nintendo went for the casual audience imo. There's a reason why there's so many Zelda ripoffs on Steam.

>b-b-b-but SONY!!!!

This is the type of shit we don't need. Losers who are foaming at the mouth to bad mouth anyone on a different platform. Stay on your own and deal with it.

>Tool Assisted on SFV
He's not even a cheater, he's a bot. Trying to mess with your health or damage or whatever while in a match will just make you desync from the opponent.

I still buy nintendo systems. You still get games on their platform that you cant get anywhere else.
I stopped with Sony though, because they are 100% redundant at this point.
Everything is multiplat now.

tool assisted abuses exploits that make it so that he doesnt lose points on defeat.

No one gives a fuck about tekken, its casual baby button mashing shit with zero depth or complexity and even more input lag than SFV.

Fuck it has to borrow SF characters to even stop itself from drowning.

Only one of them mentioned Sony, and it's backed up with evidence from a Tekken dev.

That's true I guess, but yeah works on every platform and is a problem on Capcom's end.

I just said I wanted a unified community, how the fuck am I bad mouthing another platform? I'm bad mouthing the morons who think everyone cheats on PC IF ANYTHING.

Still, he's the only example and he's on PS4.

Cred Forums DID IT BROS!

>casual baby button mashing

Anyone who thinks you can win in Tekken like this has never played a competent opponent.

Also, Tekken is the highest selling fighting game. Turns out people do care.

>Tekken is the highest selling fighting game
Thought it was MKX?

>Tekken is the highest selling fighting game

Most of the PC-fats are either hackers or pirates. Perhaps even both. I'm /glad/ that their cancerous community would be isolated from the rest of us Tekken-bros.

HYPE: INCREASED

All multiplayer pc games are cheating cancer central, deal with it. Or kill yourself, that'll work too.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

At 20 million copies Tekken is the highest selling FG

>insert smug image only autists on Cred Forums find appealing

two more people who don't know what they're talking about. I can't wait for the cheaters to start popping up on ps4 like they did with SFV. The irony will be delicious.

he's right tho
and this is coming from a sf fag

47 million in sales

Just like on PS3 CoDMW2 and WaW are literally unplayable because every single game is hacked, while they do just fine on PC and 360.

Suzaku rank here, hes right Tekken is an extremely easy game. TTT2 was my first Tekken game and its probably the most simple fighting game i have ever played.

If Tekken is easy then what's hard?

eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/10/tekken-tag-tournament-2-misses-sales-target-soul-calibur-5-doing-fine/

BTFO
T
F
O

>It would be nice if PC was a primary fighting game platform though.

Yeah, not gonna happen as long as the arcade scene flourishes in Area 11. Not to mention the balancing that devs do is based primarily on the 11s input thankfully and not the West.

Oh you mean as a franchise, you said "game" so I thought you meant one of it's titles had sold the most individually.

But the arcades all run off-the-shelf PC hardware.

I don't mean THE primary platform, I mean A primary platform.

Arcades are PCs though. They even use Windows.

I encountered far more people cheating in GTAV on PS3 than I ever did on PC. He has no right to say all PC players are cheaters.

Harada himself is not calling us cheaters, he's just saying there's a reputation in the community. Harada himself is a PC gamer.

It's unfortunate that it went into the decision on any level but what can we do at this point but hope they change their mind.

t. capo player

Asuka is the only attractive Tekken girl

this. thank god none of those cheap fucks have made it into t7 so far.

>capo player
Nope, double Ogres

>cheap

Graphics downgrade on PS4 though

youtube.com/watch?v=UuAW5DzhYZA

False.

They're CHEAP and I hope they stay dead.

Nubi its time to kill yourself.

Looks awful compared to the arcade version. PC has been confirmed to be really solid too, better than the arcade version since the arcade version has a weird slowdown issue, plus PC just looks better.

>CHEAP

>cheap
sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

git gud

>Best version will have players.
haha, no

I don't see how this is bad . only PC players get affected.

Not really, a lot of people wanted crossplay not just PC players.

I meant won't. Unless you're questioning the PC version being the best, in which case you need to open your eyes.

Yeah I guess. I wanted Xbox and PS cross play. Not PC though, I don't trust them with their modding and hacking .

I thought you meant PC version yeah.
But let's be fair, technically, unless porting is fucked heavily, PC version will be definitive one as long you have right hardware.
Problem is that rarely anyone cares about playing fighting games on PC, aside of very very small community.

Fellow PC players, would you rather have crossplay with Xbox or PS4?

We know there won't be crossplay between Xbox and PS, since Sony doesn't want it.

This is bait

Don't give a shit either way since I play at locals and tourneys. Online play is for fags.

Probably Xbox, ps4 players are utter shitters and the PS4 has abysmal online

Xbox, fuck Sony.

the biggest issue with pc is that using to play keyboard in itself is cheating.

You mod , most games have mods like SF5 for example

You cheat, see the most played game on PC CSGO for example.

It's not worth the risk .

I've never come across a cheater in the thousands of hours I've played fighting games on PC. In other games, sure, but not fighting games.

People who don't play on PC need to understand that an incredibly small percentage of people use hacks and it happens on consoles too.

In fact, the only cheater I've come across in SFV has been on ps4, Tool Assisted bot.

Either or. At this point, I'd be happy with Xbox.

>that sentence

but yea you get what i was trying to say.

Tekken doesn't have charge moves you dingus.

Keyboard seems like it would be harder to play on than anything else. I know ppl just use them like hitboxes but still

thats not why i'm saying keyboard is cheating. same reason hitbox is extremely frowned upon in tekken. it's alot easier to do basically everything on hitbox/keyboard.
youtube.com/watch?v=EV1UBe7sHiU

youtube.com/watch?v=bexraJGvDfM

youtube.com/watch?v=0VClLTCxB7s

I dont see a difference

Hitting those electrics with one of these would be so easy....

I can't imagine playing on anything but stick at this point though.

Keyboard is definitely easier.

You'll just have to invest in one that doesn't have ghosting.

Since we're talking Tekken here, kb would be cheating because that makes wavedashing easier.

So taking the easy route is now considered outright cheating?. People are always trying to find scapegoats to cry inequality.
It's easier to BDC on a controller too, but nobody calls that cheating.

This is bait

why it's a bad news for pc? pc will play with pc, what's the problem

>ewgf
>hard
>ever

Actually, there are people who don't think controllers are fair as well. With console being the standard tournament platform now that becomes a tough argument to make though.

PCtards are just being alarmists as always.

Is there even a single fighting game in the top 100 on Steam?

I understand things like button macros (RP+LK, LP+RK) being off limits, but that's pretty much the only argument that could be made against controllers, and most competitive gatherings prohibit macros.

>complaining about DRM

you weren't buying it anyway.

post vid of you doing kazuya df+2 into pewgf

Crossplay wound have been so much better though. Fighting games on PC aren't exactly booming either. I have no doubt Tekken will have a decent community but will it be ideal? Probably not.

Nope.

so you want consoles to make up for pc defecits?

>ewgf
>hard

Fighting games on all platforms are niche.

kill yourself already nubi

Which is exactly why crossplay is so good for them.

The difference is staggering, to the point that I might skip buying a PS4 (which I planned to do only for Tekken 7). If the netcode/playerbase is good enough for the PC, that's where I'll end up.

DRM punishes people who buy the game.

It's much easier to BDC on the stick, at least on left side.

Arcades have always bled users dry since well forever. That's the fucking point.

I disagree. I stopped playing Tekken on stick because I found BDC so much easier and reliable on a controller. Stick requires a lot more precision.

This

False

SOON

I hope so. I've neglected to learn her in ttt2 because she's not in t7

You literally just press 2 at the same time you do the input for the quarter circle. Takes some practice but it's not really hard. The hard part is doing more then three in a combo

lame. crossplay is fucking awesome on sfv. just drop a room name on Cred Forums and everyone for all platforms shows up, it just werks. cant live without it.

My experience is exactly the opposite, I've been playing Tekken for a few years and couldn't KBC properly. I could do it on a stick after 2 days, at least 1P side.

I guess this is a matter of preference but since we're both so certain in our opinions then I suppose it doesn't matter what your controler is... ?

I've been playing her since Tekken 1 so I figured why not in TTT2. Plus she has a good chance of being DLC down the line seeing how she was ranked Number 11 in the popular ranking a few years back and the fact they gave her completely new moves in TTT2.

It makes no difference to me cause I main Jin and Kazyua as well

>tfw No crossdressing in tekken 7

Then why can't it just be crossplay with xbox?

Yeah I have solid matches with both ps4 and PC players but because a few ill informed people complained about PC we won't see it for tekken ;_;

I can only imagine they're the same ppl who lost to PC players in SFV crossplay and cried hacker rather than getting gud.

It's just so dumb, just add the option to turn it off like SFV does and the problem is solved.

lol ok kid. what are you br or under 18?

I've no idea... maybe s Windows 10 version of T7 on the windows store will emerge....

It honestly doesn't. What matters is the time and practice you put into your execution.

eh, please, i'm already using like 5 different drms. just throw it on steam ffs.

Nope just someone burned one too many times by DRM. Nothing like getting kicked off my game cause my internet went out and having to wait months for the devs you realize how shitty for it to get fixed.

>this is bad news for PC
top laff.

Still buying it for PS4 and PC both but a lack of cross play means nothing. The PC crowd is a bit smaller but the competition is more stiff and I have no issues with this in fighting games that I'm good at. Most importantly though, there's always people to play and the connections are far better.

Just a thought. I'm pretty sure they've already said steam is the official platform for PC anyways

>online multiplayer focused game
>complaining about not being able to play singleplayer

stop

All Tekken games have had single player mode. weak b8 m8

And they've all been shit that people only play to grind money for costume parts.

>Acrade Mode

>Ghost mode

>Story Mode

>Tekken Force Mode

>Practice Mode

These are all Single player mode that Tekken has had for every game except for Tekken Force

>opinion

at least that don't put malware into your system

This is Bait.

2-player is fine but Tekken is still a great game all on its own. Hell, the first 5 games had no online whatsoever and they were still huge hits. Online is just a means of expanding the ability for players to play it together.

You have no right to accuse other of being underage since you yourself just outed yourself as a underage faggot

Well, thanks to the Mortal Kombat 10 fiasco last year, and the still-ensuing Street Fighter 5 debacle, it should hopefully be a fucking lay-up for Tekken to garner positive support on the platform.

SFV definitely set Tekken up to look amazing, this is true.

Anna is a slut

Tekken 7: At least we aren't installing a rootkit!

completely accurate

YOU TAKE THAT BACK ANNA IS PURE AND WHOLESOME

well mkx is getting a big pc patch on the 4th and i love Tekken i want it

>well mkx is getting a big pc patch on the 4th
I already downloaded the full brunt of that dumpster fire entirely too many times thanks to its dogshit launch; they lost my ass.

ok

Does anyone actually think they'll update the game to include crossplay AFTER launch? It just seems so far fetched to me.

not a fan of the dreads, but everything else is quite nice

VF5 Vanessa still best chocolate fight lady

I feel like the universe has slighted me. Raven was my main character and the fact that he was a Black man ninja really added to how much of a joy it was to use him. Having him turned into a generic brown female really boils my carrots. I only hope "master" raven can grow on me, or I'm going to have to not main a ninja in a fighting game for once.

>Tekken doesn't scramble for money like capcom does fortunately.

They maximum jew at the arcades m8

Why would they use denuvo? No one can be so retarded to include denuvo in a mainly multiplayer game.

Another mad pirating dindu. Just buy the game you moron.

Home Tekken has been relatively clean of nickel-and-dime shit. You could argue that the back-catalog music and videos in Tag 2 would fall under that category, but that's so much on the periphery of the game, I forget it exists sometimes.

Is Tekken 7 good? I want to get it on PC and the last time I played a Tekken was when Yoshimitsu or whatever his name is was a cool ninja/samurai robot. Think it was Tekken 3 or 4 or something.

>tekken
>good
>ever

What's your fighting game of choice, user?

Most here haven't gotten the chance to play, they've been basically beta testing it in arcades and bringing it around to events these past 2 years, but I've heard nothing but great things about it so far.

Looks beautiful too. Comes out early 2017.

Why are you even in this thread?

Still haven't beaten the Bear fighter in Tekken 4
Does Tekken 7 have Yoshimitsu?

will I be able to run this with amd 460

Was there ever a Tekken without Yoshi?

>one of the Tekken 5 arcade AIs is a Christie called Tekken 7

what does it mean?

>playing fighting games online

fucking lmao, don't you have friends or family to play with? I teached my brother how to play Xrd and now we train together

Idk, Tekken 4 Is the only one I own and is where i fell in love
I'm terrible at fighting games but he's really fun to play as

Now this is shitposting.

He said pewgf

good, racist cheaters should get malware

Have they said anything about VR yet? I just wanna know if I can crush qt's in first person as King.

>"teached"
>has no friends
>has no internet

This game is still like seven months away. Fuck everything.

tekken sucks

How hard could it possibly be to port it to consoles and the pc?

What I said here was about the PEWGF

How would first person tekken even work?

only if you can crush Leo with a tender hug

MS would fucking say they're ok with anything if it gets them good PR actually implementing it is another story.

They don't want another SFV on their hands. Also they want to milk the last out of the arcades.

Just try Tekken 2

It's not thaaat bad

Yeah, a key thing people have tended to forget is that home consoles usually got the first or second revision of arcade fighting games. SFV never got that 8-12 month breaking-in period for balancing and art refreshing. There was an interesting case in Soul Calibur 3, which initially launched on PS2, and was highly derided by competitive players until it was ported to the arcade, where its standing improved a bit.

Raven was lame as fuck and nobody cared about him. They added tits to the style to save it.

This looks weird. what's with the colours man

Exactly, they look over saturated. Fix the colors and it won't look nearly as bad.

I guess I won't be buying Tekken unfortunately. Fighting games die so quickly on PC it's ridiculous.

SFIV had no issues whatsoever. It had just as many people as the 360 version did.

SFV is doing even better.

Tekken will probably sell better than SFV too considering now abysmal it's launch was.

The problem with FGs on PC is that there haven't been many good opportunities for them to shine.

reminder that SFV crossplay is garbage and anyone with a brain disabled the possibility of getting PCfat opponents

>The problem with FGs on PC is that there haven't been many good opportunities for them to shine.

No the problem with FGs on PC is that people rather play early acces meme shit

>Console will be fine but a year after launch we'll be lucky to see 1,000 people playing on PC, imo.
You'd be lucky to see that at launch anyway. Fightan isn't played on PC no matter how much Cred Forums wishes it was.

Cheating is way, way easier on PC.

But this isn't about him being worried that players might cheat in matches.

He's more worried about them using cheats to get unlimited money and stuff.

Which is reasonable.

>Cheating is way, way easier on PC.
It really isn't. I have never come across a cheater on SF4/SFV online.

Still in development.

Come the fuck on. I mainly play on PC too, but you can't deny that it's not easier to cheat on PC than it is on a console.

Just type in "SFV trainer, FM hacks" whatever and you'll get a download link instantly.

I know, because I've done it myself.

>console baby makes up bullshit

and every single player I've run into on PC is cheating

my case is clearly valid because I say it is

Can you post proof of it? I have geniunely never seen cheaters online.

That's SP hacks. Not really same as cheaters in the traditional sense.

Bitch, I just told you that no one cares about people in player matches cheating, because it doesn't fucking happen.

I told you that it's mostly because of SP hacks.

Same here. Only tool assisted, who is on ps4.

They were doing the same shit on console! This is a problem caused by moron devs.

And the only time I've come across someone using hacks to win is tool assisted and he's on ps4

asiastarz.com/articles/6368/20160809/sony-remains-mum-cross-platform-support-tekken-7-fated-retribution.htm

Its all on Sony, they don't want to crossplay with Xbox so they arent going to bother with PC either to keep the message clear.

>I told you that it's mostly because of SP hacks.
So who the hell cares about SP hacks? Bamco doesn't really sell DLC anyways. And there's no saying their system is as retarded as Capcom's. Why should they fear people cheating in SP mode?

you're right I agree that Capcom's system is retarded

Sony should never have funded crossplay so SFV could be dead on PC like it deserves to be

It's a complicated manner anyway. For a Xbone PC crossplay options there will be windows 10 and windows store involved and no one wants that. But if PC and PS4 had crossplay without Xbox one how the fuck would that look? Microsoft would seem like total cuckolds although I don't know how much of a say they have in those things.

So the most realistic would be PS4 and PC or Windows 10 and Xbone. All 3 together seems fairly unrealistic.

Lmao, someone is mad he gets ravaged by PC players....

SFIV did pretty good on PC. SFV would have no issues either. When are you absolute retards going to realize fighters are niche as fuck no matter where you're playing?

How about PC having crossplay with both PS4 and Xbone but consoles having crossplay with only PC?

>Crossplay is garbage
>the only argument people can ever come up with a useless strawman

really makes you think

Crossplay is probably too inconvenient. Capcom has to use their own servers for it and their own servers are shit and gimped in comparison to Steamworks. I honestly would've preferred if SFV was just regular Steamworks with a working matchmaking and netcode instead of the mess we got now.

Like I said you would need to get Tekken 7 from the Windows 10 exclusive Windows store to crossplay. I can't say for sure but on the Windows Store microsoft has a lot to say and would probably not allow crossplay with PS4.

The far better option is crossplay on steam with the PS4. I doubt namco will go to greather lengths to allow three way crossplay although surely this would be a good marketing strategy.

Man, just don't reply to the obvious kids. Not worth it.

don't reply to yourself either

Technically crossplay is not hard at all. Capcom is just incompetent as fuck.

Yep. Literally one guy made SFV's netcode.

>all the dlc characters were free, including the non-clones
>new stages were free
>special pre order costumes were also released for free
>only paid dlc is music
>game allows you to import custom music anyway

Yeah, Tekken is probably the least cash grab of the entire industry

They have to use their own servers for it. You can't bridge PSN to Steam. So an intermediary has to be created. And in Capcom's case, that intermediary was a shitshow. Maybe Bamco feels the same of their potential middle hand.

Yeah 3 way crossplay is basically dead in the water due to windows store and steam.

Nothing is really played on PC. Time and time again has proven that PC is the least selling platform of them all, so games selling poorly on PC is the norm.

Meanwhile, in reality.

>it's a rerun of the "free to play mobashit with microtransactions are real games and should be compared to pay-to-play games on consoles" episode

>Replying to unironic fanboys

The "It's not a real game unless its 60$ and look and runs like shit on my console." argument.

>implying Steam alone doesn't generate more revenue then PS4 and XBO combined

SFV is an F2P game that costs $60. Dota 2 is more generous in comparison.

If PC was so profitable, then broken/delayed ports wouldn't be the norm. If PC was so profitable, arbitrarily exclusive third party games like Yakuza 6 or Nioh would have PC versions. But those games are only on PS4 squarely because PS4 is a reliable source of revenue.

BTFO

BTFO

If consoles were not so profitable maybe they would put some effort and make a console that is not a decade away from achieving current PC standards.

If consoles were not so profitable maybe they would put in some effort into the games instead shitting out low effort low resolution sub 30 fps garbage out.

Japan can't into PC. They're always behind the West in all things. The only Japanese company to figure it out isn't even purely Japanese any more. Square-Enix had to put a bullet in their console versions of FFXI but the PC one is here to stay as it's the only one that was ever worth funding. Same will go for FFXIV as both versions were made for PC first. But even shitty, backwards Japan is starting to catch onto things. Sega, for example is gearing towards full PC support, having their own marketplace now open on Steam. Not to mention the slew of weebshit that's now starting to flood it. Even Kojima now sees the light and superiority of publishing for a limitless platform that never suffers platform death.

Sorry bro but your delusions of shitty ports based on one singe title will never be anything more than just that.

broken ports aren't the norm anymore.

>What is minimizing costs to increase profit

You don't want to understand do you

The cost of making a port is at an all time low and it's no longer a serious issue for devs.

So you're admitting that consoles are extremely anti consumer.

I don't know why but that helicopter at the end is hilarious.

>broken ports aren't the norm anymore.

>Sega, for example is gearing towards full PC support

Is that why all the Yakuza games are console exclusive? Is that why all the Project Diva games are console exclusive? Is that why Sega made a Valkyria Chronicles sequel that's console exclusive?

forza horizon 3 isn't a bad port, the new VC game alienated the entire fanbase, and project diva isn't a real game,

Why waste resources

Like big companies give a fuck

>games that aren't even going to MS xbox
>coming to MS Windows any time soon

You must be new to gaming. Enjoy your 3 terrible weeb games though, I guess?

because it will make them money.

The argument was that Sega was gearing 'towards full PC support', yet two of their cornerstones aren't on PC.

>terrible weeb games

I bet they're great once they get ported though, huh? It must've been embarrassing for the almighty PC Master Race to love and adore an 8 year old PS3 game, Valkyria Chronicles.

PS: Thanks for funding my console games, PC'ucks.

meant for

Those games aren't big money makers and are unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

>they're unimportant

And I bet shitty western non-games where you literally just click on the screen are important?

Since when do western devs make VN's?

>sequel
Its a spinoff that no one wants, nice try tho

>Project Diva
who gives a fuck?

You just described regular ewgf. PEWGF is when you do EWGF as fast as possible:
youtube.com/watch?v=fcKzA_KlVT4

>Forza H3
>broken port
Maximum bait. Getting 4k/60 in a AAA game on a 1080 is pretty rare yet there are tons of videos of people doing it.

>make game for consoles
>run into hardware limitations left and right
>have to downgrade original vision in order to achieve acceptable performance
>have to pay Sony to put things onto PSN and also for data usage
>game can only generate revenue so long as the system's generation hasn't yet gone obsolete

>port same game to PC
>no longer have to worry about limitations, can even push the game's design as far as you're able to
>Pay nothing but a flat percentage of back-end profit
>no publisher fees either
>game will continue to generate revenue indefinitely as PC does not have "generations" and never experiences platform death
>all "generations" are eternally relevant

>Caring about air juggle simulator 7

>no one wants it
>no one cares

Of course, until it gets a PC version. That's how you PC gamers are, you pretend you don't want it when only consoles have the game, but then gleefully shit yourselves once they port the game years later.

Not him but the entire fanbase has agreed that the new game is shit.

This is the most retarded statement I've read all day.

Interesting, I had no idea we were all the same person.

Most people understand how exclusives work and aren't upset by them.

>spike chunsoft ports a 2010 PSP game to PC
>in 2016
>meanwhile danganronpa is PS4/Vita exclusive

really makes ya think...

That's the video I based that on and when I do it the way I described I get a perfect everytime

>not knowing about Valkyria: Azure Revolution having very negative feedback from the majority of valkyria chronicles fans
Here is your (you) sonygogger

Speaking as a dude who doesn't play fighting games, more shit should have crossplay, i really can't see how it's a downside apart from hackers, in which case just add systems that allow reporting that restrict crossplays and then online play if they continue.

Yeah Japan is really slow on the uptake but these guys have been pretty busy lately. Pretty soon everyone is going to be on PC. There's already hundreds of PC exclusive weeb titles that seem to be Steam only but I have no interest in such things.

>meanwhile danganronpa is PS4/Vita exclusive
*Also available on PC

why not both?

Nioh won't come to PC, neither will Yakuza 6, neither will Ace Combat 7. Literally the only three worthwhile games that are coming out, will only be for the PS4.

Because I'm a console user who has switched primarily to PC

Tekken 7 will get mods like SF V?

I hope so.

PC MASTER RACE XDDD

>Game will be dead in a month
>B-but at least I have 4k titties and keyboard controls!

That's what they said about Tekken, DoA 5, MGS, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Dark Souls, blah blah blah. Nioh, ESPECIALLY, I'm certain will some day come to PC. KT already started to dig into the platform.

You can either deal with it or deal with it.

She has huge tits but was the real reason behind making Raven into a woman this time around?was it because Raven was not really popular so Hrada decided to turn him into a WOMAN?

Crossplay is unlikely to be popular in most games until you see a large number of PC users, at which point console companies are going to be scrambling for crossplay to keep their fanbase relevant. As it stands, consoles have the majority of fighting game players and so the console manufacturers don't want crossplay to be a thing.

Just ignore him. This jackass goes starts console wars all the time..

>PC is the best platform with the highest revenue and most users!
>complaining that there's no crossplay with consoles which means there's no community or sales on PC
Which is it? I know fighting games are too hard for most PC users, especially Steam users, but it can't go both ways

Nice trips, but I'm positive Nioh will stay PS4 exclusive. Team Ninja doesn't do PC games, and the one time they did, they explicitly asked for there not to be nude mods or they won't make any more games. Nude mods were made, and PC is such a powerless platform, a simple "I don't want to" is a completely viable excuse to avoid it.

well according to Cred Forums it to get the sjw

>1000 playing PC after a year
Nigga I play shit like Xrd. I can work very well with a 1000. If you really want to play the game on PC, you'll be fine

I really think its an attention span thing. Steam users really can't stick to games for very long and the games they do stick to block out all the others.

People will have huge libraries full of tons of games off steam sales and games with barely any time played or have dota with thousands of hours in. The people that would get the fighting games are a mix of the former category and actual fighting game players.

As much as I love shitting on the pc master race the reasoning isn't cause of cheaters. Harada said it was a mistranslation

>they call themselves the master race
>constantly has to beg for console peasant games

Who is even saying this? One guy?

At any right, the fighting games that are popular on PC are popular in consoles. The games that don't get played on PC are the ones that don't get played on consoles.

As someone who's played on both, PC and console FG doesn't really differ too much. It's a niche genre.

I've been playing Rocket League for over a year. I've been playing Wargame Red Dragon for 2 years. I have over 350 hours in Squad I have over 3000 hours in PR

The mistranslation is that he said it when he was just relaying what the community thought. The "PC has cheaters" thing still contributed regardless.

>thread has devolved into console/PC war bullshit

Fuck off

My concern with PC fighting games is having a crap PC for gaming, combined with little guarantees that a particular game will have an active userbase or even be around in a year or so. Why spend $50 or more on a title which I may never even get the chance to play against someone?

So either get a version that looks like dog shit, or the version that no one plays.

Fantastic.

There are just more options on PC. The community is heavily heavily heavily divided by all the options. That is the truth. Consoles have way less options so there's a higher comcentration of people.

Don't worry. I'm sure they will intentionally make the PC version look like dogshit as well, to ensure that people want to play the console version.

> which I may never even get the chance to play against someone?
What? The whole point of fighting games is to play them locally with friends,

Eh, OP is dramatic. SF does well on PC and Tekken will do the same. People forget how huge and well known the franchise is, not to mention it looks amazing and hopefully offers a really compelling single player experience for the casuals.

I mean look at this for gods sake... It's going to be amazing.

I wonder, how technologically feasible will it be to create an engine that can be scaled down to the engine's absolute bottom floor? Like make the game look like HL1 to ensure a constant 60FPS/16Ms response time? I know the Forza games have dynamic visual fidelity based on computational load, and before that there were dynamic screen resolutions. With all these gimmicks, it'll be quite interesting to see what could be made.

>he hasn't seen the 4K gameplay

youtu.be/ZZMU4wRCcNA

Depends on what you're playing. Anime trash? KoF? Skull girls?

Good luck finding an active online population anywhere. They all stink. Games like that die out soon after they hit.

Street Fighter? Mortal Kombat? Tekken? Different story.

It shouldn't be too hard, outside needing to include a dozen different models/textures in order to allow the game to play at all the different resolutions. That's probably why most publishers don't do it - even when they do have more than one set of graphics files (PS360 and PS4/Xbone) they still are too lazy to include both in a single game, instead just porting the weaker version (PS360) to PC so that the most people possible can play it.

nVidia should do more shit like this for Japanese games. Main reason why so few Jap games come to PC is because they have little know how, another is that they have no motivation. nVidia could provide them with development assistance as well as funding for a PC version, in exchange for the game being crammed full of GameWorks.

>but muh AMD/anti-competitive nature/open platform

Yeah, because playing by the rules has worked for AMD, hasn't it? The truth is that not a SINGLE company EVER got to the top without bribing people or forcing anti-competitive practices, it's capitalism 101.

>they explicitly asked for there not to be nude mods or they won't make any more games.
>proceeds to release $800 worth of DLC costumes for DoA 5

Yeah nah.

>DoA5 was a port of the inferior PS3 version
>it sold the worst

whoa, really makes ya think...

People like you should ALWAYS buy for console. Playing a fighting game against a laptop user is always painful as you're playing the game in slow motion. For those of us with real machines though, it's like heaven.

>Depends on what you're playing.
I was considering DOA5LR because I've enjoyed 3D games with counter mechanics, and both Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter are mostly dead these days. Not exactly many options in that field.

I'm not sure what console is like but DOA5lr on PC got a shitty port that I've heard nothing good about. It's unfortunately the only 3D game steam has as far as I know, which is why Tekken 7 is a god send in a way.

It would be interesting to see how will they synergize with customizes I hope we get a mod that removes all cosmetic items day one

I'd still be playing it if it worked properly in Windows 10. The competition is *extremely* rough though, especially the players from South America and Japan. I've even encountered people who are clearly veteran VFers who really knew their VF game inside and out.

I just want Nina's outfit from Tekken 2 amd TTT 1 and Kinnimitsu skin suit from TTT 1 if she appears.

There were actually people playing it on PC?

This, how the fuck do Japanese companies charge $15 for a couple of costumes? Fucking EA gives you more than that.

>not knowing how to deal with different costumes on characters

its like you're autistic or something

>buy it on PC for lower price and get mods
>if its dead after a year or two on PC, crossplay still doesnt exist and I want to keep on playing Ill buy the PS4 version
>doesnt even cost more money because I saved on PS4 online fees

>Don't have to play laggy fuck minimized window players on PC

Thank Christ.

>implying ps4 shitters on wifi aren't responsible for more shitty games

wait what
theres gonna be actual tekken on pc

holy fucking shit thats great

God yeah. Still playing right now.

Yep, it was announced a few months back.

i havent played tkk since dark resurection but this piece of news makes me giddy

are sticks as abundant on pc as on consoles?

Hype up to hair

Pretty sure every stick nowadays works on PC since they're usb. My Hori VX SA Kai has always world without issue.

Should be easy to figure out before buying, it's usually stated. It's more about the game supporting the stick if anything.

I've been hearing ppl say there was a mistranslation but idk how big of one

Harada said something about a mistranslation but corrected it and restated that he "is a PC gamer"

Damn, nothing had changed

>Console peasant game
Mate its a arcade game fuck off

In some places it is ;_;