So if NX actually is a console-handheld hybrid or whatever...

So if NX actually is a console-handheld hybrid or whatever, does that mean the definitive version of Breath of the Wild might be on Wii U?

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/news/gaming/pokemon-company-ceo-stokes-fire-of-nintendo-nx-hybrid-form-factor-rumors-1329052
pocket-lint.com/news/138902-pokemon-ceo-reveals-details-about-nintendo-nx
mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/eiji-aonuma-feels-the-wii-us-gamepad-dual-view-disrupts-gameplay/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

No because the NX is just a portable Wii U

Realistically NX is somewhere between Wii U and PS4 in power, so the system had the power to run the game better.

it will literally be the same game considering nintendo will be trying to sell a wiiu hardware tier console with a "detachable" gimmick and nothing more

If the NX is what they say it is, a Tegra X2 based handheld, it's much more powerful than the Wii U, so it would make the NX one the definitive version.

Likely what we would be looking at is a system with more weaker cpu cores than the WiiU has combined with a more capable recent GPU using a more modern low level graphics API that is either Vulkan itself or some mildly customized version.

So far the rumors are that the NX will be using either the Nvidia Tegra X1 or the upcoming X2 either of which would result in a fairly capable modern handheld. Give it 4GB of RAM and a 720p screen and it would be fairly capable even if the chip had to be underclocked/undervolted to fit the thermal envelope.

Then give it an HDMI dongle and the ability to put a image out to a TV wirelessly and you'd have a great 'hybrid' console.

No
Realistically it's a portable Wii U.
A portable tegra chip would be lucky to perform BotW while being underclocked enough to have even a 2-3 hour battery life.
The Tegra X1 has never been used in a device that has been portable before, they've always been used in devices tethered to a power source.

A few rumors stated it's actively cooled too which would be very unusual.

>using a chip that hasn't been released or proven in a console that's trying to control costs and be reliable
That was a far fetched rumor in the first place, total bullshit.

Portable WiiU makes no sense, if you think a Tegra chip would have no battery life you're deluded if you think the WiiU's hardware would be any better.

First off, the WiiU doesn't even use an SOC, under its heat spreader are multiple dies which cost more and take up more space than a smaller truely integrated solution, and all of them are older more power hungry designs.

Sure they could probably talk IBM and AMD into selling them the rights to go to a third party to fab an SOC version on a more modern process, but then you'd get a device that is more expensive and not as powerful as what they would get if they just bought an off the shelf SOC and ported their games.

NX is a home console. Stop buying into memes.

>“It [the NX] is trying to change the concept of what it means to be a home console device or a hand-held device”.
>-CEO of The Pokemon Company, less than a week ago
>techradar.com/news/gaming/pokemon-company-ceo-stokes-fire-of-nintendo-nx-hybrid-form-factor-rumors-1329052
>pocket-lint.com/news/138902-pokemon-ceo-reveals-details-about-nintendo-nx

In all likelihood, the Tegra was just a temporary chip until the one they are using was ready, just like what happened with 3DS.

Wow, that utterly vague PR bullshit comment sure convinced me.

user. Consoles don't use consumer chips. If the PS4 Pro can have a Polaris-based GPU, then the NX can have a Pascal-based one

>The CEO of a game dev company deliberately uses two completely separate terms when describing a single system

Face it m8, it either:
A) Comes in Home Console & Hand Held forms with interchangeable game cartridges
B) Is a super-powerful handheld that can output to televisions somehow, likely using streaming tech like with the Wii U
C) Is a handheld that can dock with a power-boosting system that also outputs to the TV while improving various visuals

B seems most likely to me.

I'm pretty sure Aonuma said that the NX version will be the same experience, but better visuals.

>The Tegra X1 has never been used in a device that has been portable before, they've always been used in devices tethered to a power source.
Wrong

The Pokemon Company is a licensing/marketing company with a share in the Pokemon IP. It doesn't make any games. Shows what you know!.

>NX version is actually a graphical downgrade compared to the Wii U version

please no

Post yfw only FIVE HOURS to go

To be precise, he said different visuals

Nintendo deserves to go 3rd party if the best they can come up with is an even more convoluted Wii U 2.0

This is downright fucking retarded

>The CEO of a licensing/marketing company that oversees the majority of everything Pokemon
>Not having an idea of what kind of system the next big games are going on

The gamepad was never a bad idea. The issue with it was the fact that it was so underutilized and had such a poor launch so as not to sell the unique features of the gamepad better.

You mean the already debunked rumor?

>The gamepad wasn't a bad idea!
mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/eiji-aonuma-feels-the-wii-us-gamepad-dual-view-disrupts-gameplay/

And I've been saying this since launch.

Please point me to where I can read about the debunking

if it's true it's probably going to be polished and not retarded. they wouldn't make something a normie can't figure out.

>backpedaling
His comments aren't any more trustworthy than the Ubisoft CEO's.

Aonuma literally said that the NX version would feature better visuals so you faggots can calm your tits already.

Yet he makes good use of it in all his games. Read the article next time

Prototype just leaked!!!!

>better visuals
Different visuals

Other than the portable extra power module, the idea is fucking genius.

What? He hasn't even made a Wii U game
His big project is BotW which is basically going to be an NX game and he's denouncing the Wii U gamepad

That's kinda needed for the home console mode.
And I really don't see what's appealing about this concept.

Dual view is dumb. Having a touchpad, however, does not.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate did it well, that being a customizable bottom screen menus and quality of life buttons arranged as you saw fit.

Xenoblade Chronicles X did it well, that being various maps and customization/management features.

Splatoon did it well, that being not having a map cluttering your screen so you get picked off from behind it, plus you could use it to squid jump. Furthermore, the gyro was utilized well, although admittedly it could have been better. I'll never understand Nintendo's aversion to having more detailed control customization, Sakurai seems to be the only one who knows what the fuck's up in that department.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Director's Cut) did it well. It let you scribble on the map and manage your inventory while still being able to see around you if you glanced up. Also the screenshot scribble and voiceclip miiverse functionality for putting notes in other peoples' games was cool but underutilized due to the relatively low sales on that system.

Nintendoland did it well with Nintendoland, especially Metroid Blast. Star Fox Zero was solid, no matter how much people don't like moving their arms, although admittedly there were fronts where it could have been better, those didn't have to do with the Gamepad specifically.

The Wonderful 101 could have been better when it came to gamepad segments, but at least Platinum proved in every one of their games that they were at least willing to experiment with the unique features offered to them.

>Other than the portable extra power module
So a handheld that outputs to a TV? We've had that since the PSP and it's nothing great especially when you consider the graphical capability of the device will be *lucky* to be as good as the Wii U.

>mix up one detail
>correct it
>b-backpedaling!

Aonuma literally said that the NX version would feature DIFFERENT visuals.

>however, does not
>Nintendo did it well with Nintendoland
And this, kids, is why we proofread.

>he believes in whatever Nvidia claims about their products
LMAO

also no mobile devices use their tegra shit today, it uses too much power

>realistically
You have no fucking clue what the NX even is. So cut the crap about "realistically".

Realistically it could be anything from weaker than the Wii U to something making the Scorpio sweat.
We just don't know. People have really gone rampant with the NX rumors, already deciding that they're true.

Star Fox Zero's problem was its extreme lack of content and its recycled missions, not its controls. I still wouldn't consider it consider a solid game. 4/10 at best.

It was literally SF64 HD edition with new content, though, except you could pick and choose missions to redo at will instead of having to go through a full cycle over again, which I feel fucked it over.

Also there were false expectations when they mentioned having different missions for each planet. A lot of folks, including myself, were convinced that they meant like fully different missions with different vehicles and different objectives.

But not better.

Still, reusing 3 different levels and having the balls to call them different missions is definitely a negative point.
>to redo at will instead of having to go through a full cycle over again,
oh you mean like in SF643D?
And that's all aside from the fact that there's too much all range mode and not enough on rails. And that the Gyrowing is a complete piece of garbage. And half of the levels are short bullshit like the Peppy boss fight and 1 on 1 Wolf fight. And the Gyrowing is a complete piece of garbage. And the bosses are worse than SF64.
I really cant look past those things seeing as how it such a long fucking development period and even got delayed.

The Tegra X1 in the Nvidia Shield consumes nearly as much power as the Wii U.

>consoles don't use consumer chips
Correct, they take a consumer chip and strip it down until it's at the performance target the company is aiming for.
There is nothing new under the sun about the NX from rumors, there was only one rumor from an unreputable source that suggested an X2 would be used(or anything similar) everything else has said it's an X1(at least that's what's in the dev kits)

That could be them keeping people in the dark, so people don't abandon the WiiU more than they already have.

I don't think it makes sense for the NX to be weaker than the Wii U, if it's getting their home console ports. Also I don't think it can be feasibly done to have a handheld more powerful than the Wii U, one that doesn't have its battery drained in 20 minutes for using some power hungry high end shit.

Also people must keep in mind using the latest mobile technology, in order to get a very powerful handheld, for example, would be expensive to Nintendo and therefore say goodbye to $300-$350 prices

oh boi

Sure but nearly as much still isn't as much. Plus a handheld version wouldn't need to be that power hungry. For instance instead of a 1900, 1300, 1000 MHz clock rate it could be 1140, 780, 600 MHz and it could be fabbed on a more modern process.

Should I remind you that there's 2 Zeldas on the Wii U and that this very game is getting gamepad support?

>Weaker CPU cores
It can outperform PS4's CPU if they want.

The source is a literally who

The diagram looks like shit

Writes "unspecified SoC" when if he is actually manufacturing it, he would know.

so we know Nvidia is working on a new tegra chip. which we assume is "X2". Is it safe to assume it's pascal architecture? Wouldn't that mean it uses way less power than the X1? so theoretically it should be plausible to consume less power in relativeness to the wii u as a handheld.

Also, didn't Nvidia and Nintendo strike a deal a while ago?

I've been wondering the exact same thing. Unless the NX version is strictly superior, I won't be getting an NX for a long time. It's alright if it's only a minor improvement though.

there's a difference between "uses less power" and "uses as much power as a handheld should", also known as "lasts more than 30 minutes under load"

I've come to the same conclusion.

That would be kind of funny though for the people who decided to wait and not get a Wii U.

CEMU is becoming so good, it begs the question if it will run BotW fine on release

Don't be fucking stupid, these people take any change they can get to hype up the next big thing. They obviously do not care about the Wii U anymore, if the visuals had a small chance of being better, he would have outright stated that to generate hype.

It's so obvious they cut SFZ's resources due to how bad the Wii U had failed. If SM3DW, Splatoon and Mario Kart had failed to revive the system, Star Fox had no chance.

they haven't even announced the thing, we don't even know what it is, of course they aren't going to say "hey guys don't bother with the WiiU version, it's gonna be inferior"

They already said that by announcing it's going to be on the system. That's what people default to.

there's no guarantee of anything, Twilight Princess on the Wii, which was a stronger console than the Gamecube, and it was the inferior version

No, the definitive version will be the 2K/60fps one that people will emulate on their PCs in 4 years.
Thank god they'll still release it on Wii U

Three and a half hours until what?

The Wii version was inferior because of waggleshit
Aonuma already said he didn't like the gamepad so its obvious NX is the definitive version.

No, but to most people there is. Most people assume the next system is stronger.

>NX is the definitive version.

I hope that's true for Nintendo's sake.

Definitive version of Twilight Princess was Gamecube version, so probably.

Realistically, knowing Neo-Shitendo, it's on par with the original Wii but with some major cancerous TWEEST gimmic

>It can outperform PS4's CPU if they want.
Nintendicksucker pls.
Shitendo can't even outperform Samsung's newest Galaxy nor the iPhone 3.

>some major cancerous TWEEST gimmic

>Wii U
>How about a screen on the controller?
>NX
>How about a controller on the screen?

Knowing Shitendo this was most probably their train of thought designing the Nintendo ShitX.

>what they say it is

They haven't said anything about what it is, dumbshit.

BotW will not use the gamepad gimmicky shit. You can even play with the Pro. We don't know the gimmick of the NX version, so there's a possibility of another TP situation.

NX is close in power to a AMD RX 480 ~ Nvidia 970

It's a console

maybe they should fire Miyamoto and put Aonuma in his place, he clearly makes way more sense

I wasn't talking about Nintendo dipshit. I'm talking about the rumors from Eurogamer

>NX is close in power to a AMD RX 480 ~ Nvidia 970
This is what Nintendicksuckers want to believe

Pic related is Neo-Shitendo's quality output of the past 10 years.

That's fire. Pro controllers are the best I've ever used. I fucking hate the gamepad. Nintendo always uses these shitty gimmicks to generate sales initially but it always fucks them in the end.

He compares it to a dashboard and accurately points out one of the worst uses of the gamepad. But that doesn't mean it has to be used that way.

Play a full play-through of Plague Knight and then try to say the Gamepad can't be incredibly useful.

>Play a full play-through of Plague Knight and then try to say the Gamepad can't be incredibly useful.
I played it on PC with a 360 controller. I thought it was great. What did I miss out on?