I like real time strategy games, but I haven't played many besides AoE, Starcraft and Warcraft, and I suck at them...

I like real time strategy games, but I haven't played many besides AoE, Starcraft and Warcraft, and I suck at them. Will Total War rape my virgin ass?
Which one should I get if I want to get into the series?

Start with Rome or Medieval 2.
It's pretty easy on the battlefield. Hammer and anvil sort of stuff.

No, not really. It's far more basic than a proper RTS and the Grand Strategy Aspects are also super basic in comparison to Grand Strategy games.

Best games are Rome, Medieval 2, Napoleon, Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai.

Play some of the more simple classics like Rome or Medieval 2, if you like it move onto Shogun 2 and Rome 2. Attila is my personal favourite due to the setting, and also the most challenging, but most people around here don't exactly love it.

total war is pretty simple, desu

Rome will be

Medieval 2 for top medieval combat

Shogun 2 for best ai and most polished

Rome for best nostalgia

Attila for a little bit of all mentioned above

Napoleon if you want the combat from that historical era

Warhammer for that fantasy kick + imo hardest campaign ive every played in a total war. Worse than legendary uesugi/very hard austria/anything

Empire and rome 2 not worth it

I wish they didn't get rid of armies led by captains

>mfw I failed the siege battle tutorial in Shogun 2

I'm such trash.

Rome or Atilla?

Napoleon or Empire?

Not really. For a tutorial battle that wasn't easy.

Atilla > Rome 2
Modded Rome 1 is great
Napoleon

Literally how?

all your units in shogun can literally climb walls how the fuck

No, they're way easier than RTS games. It's about actual strategy and not mashing keybinds and rushing resources and other gay meta-shit.

I don't know. I couldn't get past the first gate succesfully and they just kept slowly destroying my troops. It was either get slowly picked off right out of the gate or get my troops being ganged upon if they climbed the walls.

I was not born for strategy games. Sucks because I like playing them.

Well the siege tutorial is nothing like an actual siege battle.

That tutorial battle wasnt really tutorial level

fight on the frontline but have the kisho ninja sneak around and climb up the walls behind the castle and capture it

Anyone played this?

Well didn't play the tutorials. But usually, AI is so passive you just have to pick a weak side, focus on it and job is done with minimal casualties. Tutorial might have more intelligent scripts to them though.

Practice is key, try doing a strategy that works and suits you. Rush some of the infantry troops over the walls and 1 or 2 to burn the gates.

you'll be fine, med2 and r1 have best mods and still hold up well, attila is my favourite, FOTS is very fun, the rest aren't really worth it unless you are specifically interested in the setting. I for example enjoyed empire despite it being a broken mess simply due to the setting

my all time favorites are star wars galactic battlegrounds (AoE style) and rome total war