Games you had the demo for as a kid but didn't end up buying

ITT: Post games you had the demo for as a kid but didn't end up buying.
Anons who did own/play it say whether you thought it was good or not.

Pic related for me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QDnHGivdhXE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Uh, meant to upload this instead.

that game where you play as toys on the dreamcast. toy commander I think it was called.

Some shitty rhythm game that used mostly the shoulder buttons and I don't remember anything of it other then BASELINE, THE BASELINE HUR UHRUHHUR HURHUBAHBLRHHERUEH BASELINE THE BASELINE

aka "my dad had a subscription to PC Gamer/Maximum PC/etc.: The Thread"

Fuck you

Amplitude was one of the best

I liked the demo but apparently the game wasn't that well received.

I have the demo for Tonic Trouble.
I found it under a truck one day and I snagged it, it was also haunted too.
Was way more enjoyable than the actual game.
I can't even find a rip of it to emulate on DOSBOX because the old CD is so fucking scratched it won't read

And to clarify, it's impossible to find anywhere online.

>I found it under a truck one day and I snagged it, it was also haunted
wHat

Went to office max, found it under a truck while buying some other office supplies.
It wouldn't run and I was completely ignorant with computers at the time.
One time I was listening to music and I ran it and it worked.
Once I stopped the music, it'd stop working.
The only way I could make it run is if I ran some music player in the backround.
Somehow my sister's inyasha OST always worked and I'll never know why.

A ps1 demo that had vib ribbon. I used to play the shit out of that

I also used to love those net yaroze games

it came out for n64 was pretty lame anyways

Great co op game

Wondering if you guys can help. I had a ps1 demo disc and it had a space game on it. I remember you could hyper jump (or warp speed whatever you call it) to another planet or system. I remember flying up close to a satellite. You could also walk around the hangar base when you weren't flying. This has been plaguing me for years.

I know, it's a shame.
The demo was for the PC and it was one of the first games i played.
I just wish the demo version existed somewhere online.

>hyper jump (or warp speed whatever you call it)

It's called hyperspace you ignorant plebeian.

I don't know it's name but one PS one demodisc had a game in which you controlled a ship hovering above ground. It was a timed demo too. Same disc also had demo for the first Medievil and Kulaworld.

whatever nerd

I keep meaning to pirate this old shareware. Played the demo levels over and over.

>Kulaworld
Oh fuck I played the shit out of that demo now that you mention it. Can't remember the name of your game though sorry.

Future cop lapd maybe

That Crash Bandicoot: Warped demo that was on the Spyro: Year of the Dragon disc.

Good times.

Medieval
SSX Tricky
GTA 2
Overkill

>I haven't played through Medieval before it aged
I'm sorry, user.

Patapon

It was destroyer or something. Gotta google it once i get to my desktop

Shadow of the Colossus and Time Splitter 2

Still worth checking out, just remember it's a PS2 game.

It aged decently.

I had the Shareware version of Doom (first episode only), and didn't get the full game until at least 15 years later.

I don't remember ever having one of those console demo disks, but my brother had one for PlayStation.

Both worth playing even today.

TT had 2 versions actually, are you talking about the OEM one, with a slower slide section in the beginning? I have a full CD of this one.

vib ribbon
i never fully understood what it was

Hey kids, remember this? I highly recommend checking out the Viewtiful Joe demo.

It's like audiosurf or beat hazard or any other "generate gameplay from your music" games, except done over a decade earlier. The gameplay itself is kinda like an endless runner, when an obstacle comes up you press the corresponding key on time to get past it.

rofl

Played the shit out of this demo but never got the game. it was so enjoyable.

I played through the Demo for Silent Bomber like 5 times. Game was fun as fuck, but I never once saw a copy available in my area and I was too young to really do any online shopping yet.

I eventually downloaded it, but I couldn't even find the game in english so I had no clue what I was doing. I still want to play it at some point.

Dark Cloud, I fucking loved the demo. I don't even know why I didn't ask my dad, he would have bought it for me no problem.

Battle Engine Aqulia, damn fun game, it and Gunmetal held a special place in my heart, I jumped at the chance when I saw the latter ws up on steam
WOW was it an XBOX title. I still wish Battle Engine was released on steam though, you know to complete it.

Jade Cocoon
Played the demo over and over so much

>Have to listen to the Inyasha OST to play the game
Haunted by Satan himself.

>tfw Gruntz will never be re-released
>tfw Claw will never be re-released
>tfw Get Medieval will never be re-released
Rage of Mages is on GOG, though.

Tomba! Always wanted to finish the game but never could find it anywhere
might order it online now

Took me 10 years to actually just get the game.

>Doom (first episode only)
Jesus I've thought that the first episode was actually the entire first game this whole time.

i came in this thread just to post tomba, i dont remember what the game was about i just remember thinking it was really good

Played the demo long before I even knew what GitS was. Still haven't tried to emulate it for god knows why.

PC Gamer demo disc, right? Fall of 1997?

I only had 10 minutes, that was all. PSOne, mind you.
I tried to wreck as much havoc as possible. I never had the money to buy it....

Did anyone here play this? It was fucking sweet but I never found it in any store.

It doesn't normally look or play well on a larger screen anymore, but it's great if you can emulate it on a PSP.

i had full disc of this game though

Oh boy you've been missing out.

Didn't buy this until last month, it was pretty fun. Too bad everybody forgot about this and the few that remember it only remember it as "that game that came with Halo 3's beta".

I must have played 20+ hours of this demo in multiplayer.

Yeah, I played it a lot. Liked it enough to get gold medals on all maps, which was hard as balls. Every map was different and since tech changed with with area, it felt pretty unique in the way you handled things. Building a two man tank and playing with a friend was a ton of fun.

Battle Engine Aquila and a Ghost in the Shell game for PS1. I already know both are considered decent though.

More specifically however there's one game I've been trying to find for years. If anyone could help, I would be very grateful.

Details I recall
>PS2 JRPG
>Grid based battlefield(?) but with a close-up camera so you could see your characters clearly
>Demo involved you receiving some kind of magic stone and then having to save someone in danger at the mines
>Began in a small, generic fantasy country-town

A friend's mom had some kind of hookup where she got all kinds of demo discs for the PS2. Is this game even good? I remember nothingg about it.

Came with Dino Crisis. Played the shit out of it thinking it was the full game. The cliffhanger ending after leaving RPD really pissed me off.

It was pretty decent, but it was one of those "it gets good X hours in" types of games.

whoops forgot pic.

Seriously wish I could find a playthrough of this demo, I played it a million times. All I remember is it had Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Guitaroo Man and Parappa the Rapper 2.

top tier disk coming through

raptor: call of the shadows is still a great game.

also had Starsky and Hutch and Manhunter on the disc

I had the demo for that bruce willis 2.5D shooter PS1 game. It prompted you to buy the game, finishing at the end of the first or second level, I can't remember. What I do remember is that using a cheat I found on a magazine to jump to level 3 enabled me to play the whole game. Shit was dope, I felt like a legit hacker

Almost forgot about Claws. Man just fuck my shit up I never played that aswell.

Fucking this.

>Be at friend's house
>I see Crackdown on a shelf
>Ask my friend if he liked it
>"Oh, that game? I played it for one hour max, I only bought it to play Halo 3"
>mfw
>mfw

Wheelman

There was this game where you had to skate around on a hoverboard, doing tricks and such for points. I never got to know what the game is called but I played the fuck out of that demo.

Also, for some reason I remember playing a Zelda demo (or maybe something very similar) from that disc. Would that be possible?

AirBlade, was more fun than Tony Hawk.

Crash team racing.
Came with spyro 2 which I 100%d.

Hoverboard game was probably Airblade. The Zelda-like game was probably Dark Cloud.

I take that back, I actually ended up buying Ratchet: Deadlocked

I looked everywhere for a copy and never found one. I used to play the demo over and over.

Interestingly, the demo of Gitaroo man has English lyrics for the flying saucer level, whereas the full game used the original Japanese/Engrish lyrics.

YES

played the shit out of this demo

the demo was dope and i liked parasol girl
I did end up buying the game years later for $5 and it took me two hours to get to a save point
What the fuck

And now Toys For Bob have sold their souls to Activision for that sweet, sweet Skylanders dosh.

I'd always put in the demo disc just to play the one level of this.

I did eventually find the full game, but it wasn't til years after it had already been out.

Apparently the Sonic Unleashed demo clocked up more hours played than the final game did.
It's 1 level and I still played it a shit ton of times.

I probably played the Ninja Gaiden demo about 200 times in anticipation for the full game.

I played these all the time.

Dark light Conflict maybe? I know it's not Colony Wars

>Demo 2

That one's just unfair on how good it is

Any game on here
youtube.com/watch?v=QDnHGivdhXE

Also, heavy nostalgia warning.

Regretted it for years but when internet speeds and emulation picked up I finally acquired it.

If you loved the Viewtiful Joe demo, I'd recommend checking out Soul Calibur 3.

this was awesome

Thanks I'll go look them up.