Is it worth driving 3 hours (per Google maps) to go to one of these?

Is it worth driving 3 hours (per Google maps) to go to one of these?

Arcade General.

That 3 hours back and forth, or 3 hours one way and 3 the other?

If you like good rhythm games, yes, it's totally worth it!

Depends, where at?

literally full off chinks and weeb niggers

>Need to drive 3 hours to get to an arcade

It depends how much you like Sound Voltex.

How the hell is it even possible to live a 3 hour drive away from the nearest amusement arcade? Mine is literally 5 miles away.

REMINDER: Stay the fuck away from the claw machines at Round 1. Even though they've dedicated half the damn space to them.

I think it's common knowledge claw machines are complete bullshit. The the claws gripping strength is pure RNG.

>Thinking about moving to a chinkhole like Rowland Heights just to be close to a Round 1
Man, this place is a million times better than shitty Le Retro Bar bullshit that's all over LA.

It definitely is not worth it. I feel like it's way too overpriced for shit. I think bowling has me more interested than the games. Oh and plus, round one has that kind of doodle or jump crap too. Tons of it.
I miss Super Arcade...and even further back, I miss Pak Mann

If you like fighting games, shmups, or rhythm games? Totally. If not, it's just another D&B

>The the claws gripping strength is pure RNG.
I'm pretty sure UFO catchers don't work like this

Better than living in Commiefornia/Jew York

I only go there for the dirt cheap Japanese karaoke

>nearest one is in Taunton
>entire place is fucking loaded with white trash
it's almost not even worth it

Cheap karaoke and all the weeb arcade games you could ever want. Mine has 4 initial d arcade stage 8 machines so fuck yeah I love going there.

you reek of jealousy

Shit works depending on how much money has been put into the machine

House ALWAYS wins

I'm in Tokyo right now and have tried a bunch of UFO Catchers and sometimes that shit just slips right by.

Also, every arcade/game center here is shit because it's all 3 floors of claw games, 1 floor of those weird card MOBA games, and then a floor of fighters or Gundam Extreme Versus which is shit.

>being jealous of a commie/jew

yeah, nah.

I have a local Arcade (8 on the Break) but half the games in there are partially or fully broken

>Or Gundam Extreme Versus which is shit
Hey, just because you lost as God Gundam five times doesn't mean it's not a great game.

>God

Deathscythe

I find the game really clunky.

Gundam Pod is fucking amazing though.

sound jealous to be honest

You're not even the well off commie/jew, you're just another goy in the system.

Has anyone ever been to one alone?

Yeah that place turned to shit years ago

My one and only time I've been to one I went alone.
People were very friendly, helped me with some machines I had no idea how to play and all that... I also talked about rhythm games in general with random people there. It was a nice experience for me and I'm pretty sure I am going alone next time too.

There's a tag right there telling you it's stapled down and not to go for it.

The round 1 where I live always has a bunch of asian girls running around with handfuls of plushes they've won from the machines.

>how much money you put into the machine

Yeah,the claw grips more strongly as more money is put into it. When an attendant comes out to put a new prize on the platform, they reset the strength.

The games with an accumulating ticket jackpot work the same way. Don't play if the jackpot is close to its starting value, but if it's something like a 1500 ticket pot that started at 1000 then you've probably got a decent chance.

>I miss Super Arcade

Holy shit, it's been years since I've been to Cali. Is it really gone? I remember visiting Super and Round 1 a few times when I'd actually travel to Cali.

I went to Tokyo during the summer, and before that I had never been to an arcade before.

I seriously spent like 10000 yen on UFO catcher.

It was soooo worth it, the thrill is amazing.

Why the fuck is it stapled down?

it will be in December when they get tekken 7 back.

yeah i dont know all the details but there was a bunch of shit about the guy not being able to pay the lease or something.
he's supposed to reopen in azusa or something if i'm not mistaken, but as far as i know it's still in the works.
i still see people on campus nearby that wear the shirts from it

To keep the cabinet from looking bare.

Aesthetically pleasing cabinets make more money.

Then why is it staped right next to the opening? And why don't they just pay attention to the machines and refill them as stuff gets won?
To me it feels like that kind of situation where the goal is to trick people who aren't paying attention but they're technically within their rights because there's a teeny label saying it's stapled down

There is nothing random about the claws. You set the crane to how much money it takes until the claw grips. They work in the same way as fruit machines

>people who actually enjoy video games

That's sad to hear, I hope he's doing alright then. I remember meeting up with friends to play rhythm games over there. Even going to that Chinese restaurant behind it, and the pizza shop next to it with the DJ chef graffiti in it.

The machine where you have to drop the ping pong balls in the red holes is great, I won twice in 6 tries.

Round 1 has this baby right?

Yes they do. It's fuckin great.