Why is Cred Forums so sensitive towards having games with a black protagonist? What is the big deal?

Why is Cred Forums so sensitive towards having games with a black protagonist? What is the big deal?
There are white characters all the time, so what's so bad if a few games have black main characters? Or characters of any other race for that matter.

And the "pandering to a minority" argument doesn't have any validity either. It's just a model, some empty husk for the player to control. A white playermodel running around and shooting bad guys does not have any real differences to a black playermodel running around and shooting bad guys in the same exact story and setting. Unless the story or gameplay is explicitly connected to the appearance of the character, the character's appearance is irrelevant.
The pandering argument would only make sense if they took a game like Metal Gear Solid for example and made it about the struggles of Tyrone in da hood suddenly. That would actually be pandering, because it's a pointless change and connected to the exclusive experiences of one demographic.
Some also said "because you can't relate to the character". I don't get it. If you see an animal in a cage you can still relate and understand "yes, it would suck to be trapped in a cage". Yet again if the game isn't making it about the experiences only one demographic knows, it's not impossible to relate. The story of Sam Fisher wouldn't change either if he was asian, latino or black.

You could also just admit that you hate seeing niggers instead of trying to sugar coat your disdain in flawed rationality.

black people are uglier

if sam fisher was asian or latino then he wouldn't have the greatest video game voice actor of all time, so yes his story would probably have changed quite a bit.

Because black characters are heavily stereotyped to the point of being comical. They're either hamfisted to appear as strong independent characters like in Uncharted 4 or an attempt to break away from Da White Man like watchdogs2 and mafia 3. At times the inclusion of a black character doesn't even follow in the steps of the original game and is simply forced for diversity.

>The pandering argument would only make sense if they took a game like Metal Gear Solid for example and made it about the struggles of Tyrone in da hood suddenly.
Is that not exactly what happened to Mafia? Battlefield?
Not that I care for either series, but it is blatant pandering.

We are all shut ins who have never talked to a black so they make us feel uncomfortalbe

It's not blacks, it's SJWism, which SJWs want to conflate with blacks. The way SJWs use nonwhites in games is obnoxious as fuck.

And yes, the story of Sam Fisher would change dramatically if he was an SJW-inserted representation character.

Why is your wife so sensitive towards having herself stuffed with black cocks?

>Battlefield
This is the worst example because the player model doesn't matter at all when you're playing an online pewpew game

Cred Forums is full of white kids from the suburbs who are scared of minorities.
t. kebab

I didn't mind playing characters like Vic Vance in Vice City Stories, CJ in San Andreas, or Skate in Streets of Rage 2 for example. I think the difference is that video games have become more political in recent years, no doubt through video game media for example, so when people see a black character in a game they no longer feel like the devs wanted to be creative, but just pander for brownie points or good PR.

Because they never are black people, they are white people with black skin and that's annoying as fuck. Nobody complains about the black dudes in GTA SA because it came naturally and fits the environment and narrative of the game.

Cred Forums is not sensitive to games with black protagonists, Cred Forums is sensitive to games getting black protagonists in settings where black protagonists have no business being.

I only play as pretty teenage girls. How am I supposed to masturbate with a burly black man on screen?

The first Walking Dead game was received rather decently here, despite the skintone of the main character. Hell, one of the more disliked characters was the cowardly white dude, but he ended up being best grill in the second game.

We need more guys like him I really don't give a shit about ''he is black but he acts white and boring!'' type of characters I want a big, muscular nigger pulverizing his enemies, see them drive before him and listen to lamentations of their women.

I have an easier time identifying with an alien or a robot than with a black man.

Your entire argument falls apart because Cred Forums likes Lee and Walking Dead S1.

They like black characters treated as CHARACTERS. They despise shit like, for example, the protagonist of Prototype 2 where the black protagonist is a newcomer shoved in to steal the spotlight from the previous protagonist, who is written OOC to be a jackass to try and force the audience to accept the new guy. A character that only exists so the devs can go "Hey, we have a black protagonist! SO PROGRESSIVE!"

I can't relate to black characters. They're also less likeable.

This is always a funny argument because, if anything, you're more likely to be racist after growing up in a poor black neighborhood, which I kind of did. Though there are far more Mexicans in LA.

Fuck off.

>Because they never are black people, they are white people with black skin
What defines a black person besides the color of their skin?

>tfw no games featuring native american protags other than prey

>What is the big deal

They are a cancer on society. That's the big deal.

this is pretty much the only answer

ass creed 3

Cred Forums is filled to the brim with stupid whitebois. I can't wait until they're all liquidated when Trump becomes President.

>Because black characters are heavily stereotyped to the point of being comical. They're either hamfisted to appear as strong independent characters like in Uncharted 4 or an attempt to break away from Da White Man like watchdogs2 and mafia 3. At times the inclusion of a black character doesn't even follow in the steps of the original game and is simply forced for diversity.
You talk like a literal retard, and while I'm sure those games won't be a standard bearer for great writing, we know almost nothing about the story, so you're just a sheepposter who knows nothing but pulling stupid shit out of his ass.

There are games that do the writing of black people and minorities just fine.

Soul Hackers has a native american heroine.

>Nobody complains about the black dudes in GTA SA
Are you sure?

>being from LA
I'm so sorry.
Anyway being from London and being a kebab, we're more separated by class and less by race. More so if you're a poorfag like me. I walk past the shittiest, run down houses on my to work and back. I'm always a bunch of white kids, black kids, brown kids and few yellow ones. Fuck racism. If they can get along, why can't adults?

Is Kat black?

Whatever the media and funny caricatures on the internet portray them as.

Your argument falls apart because there is no proof that they made him black for attention, since they never fucking marketed it like that.

As far as you know the protagonist just happened to be black.

Disgusting facial features, for example.

She's a weird pale tan so no

Turok, pleb

You kidding? SA is a pretty well loved game, especially with how the characters are pretty well quoted.

She's more brown than anything.

You DO realize most albinos have various defects right?

The only correct post in the thread. Also, most people don't actually care, racebaiting is just the lowest hanging fruit of shitposting these days

You know, never being more than ten feet from a dashiki, fried chicken, or watermelon.

What does growing up poor have to do with not leaving the house

To be fair, you can still tell they are majorly African decent. That's why they have those facial features. Not just the weird blotches and shit.

Aren't those just straight up Africans? I've seen some of African Americans and they actually look pretty good

The games universe isnt even on earth so shes not black or anything else user.

That's due to racemixing with whites and other non-Africans.

only west africans are this ugly

Makes sense

I think his point was that a lot of those "features" are birth defects, because albinos are a genetic fault to begin with.

Because most of the time they have a hackneyed sociopolitical agenda alongside their character. The race of the character isn't the problem just that typically they have serve as a mouthpiece for the devs to regurgitate some message about diversity you've heard 1000s of times before

Those people are just ugly in general and being albino certainly isn't helping.

i hate niggers 2bbqh phaem

if you ain't white you ain't right

meme magic is real vote for trump

You know you need to be 18 or older to vote, right?

WE

Sage and report this blatant r/hillary thread
r/hillary has been trying to infiltrate all the boards by creating racially charged or controversial political posts.
It's happened on Cred Forums, /lit/, Cred Forums and obviously Cred Forums but Cred Forums is not immune
Sage and report it the OP will be banned for the month.

Lower average intellegence, far more agressive and violent behaviour, less likely to have a job, more likely to have done prison time, ect. ect.

Let's get this straight. You do realize there are differences in races aesthetically, right? You can't honestly think that black people just put on a coat of white and look exactly like white people, correct? That's what the convo is about.

Why is diversity supposed to be good anyway? The only arguments seem to be "because I said so"

asscreed and that infamous game

Because I said so.

Fuck off with your cuck fantasies ghengaboo

What about the black dude from Final Fantasy with the gun arm?

Because the black guy was the most boring, poorly written character in the whole game.

>cuck
>implying I want share black man with any fucking stupid bitch

no I want the black guy to FUCK ME and bear his child

Like?

Don't be retarded, user. Of course races have different features but one of those is literally wall-eyed. Looking different than whites doesn't mean they look like THAT, and people using that picture as the basis of their argument are nuts.

Where I live there are no black people, so seeing them with their giant noses and nostriks, black skin with popping white eyes, hard to determine expression because they're black, overall it's not pleasant.

It's like black pets. They are less bound to be adopted than those where you can see your cute pet's eyes and nose pop.

Why do you stupid faggots always reply to such obvious and lazy trolls?

Seriously, fuck all of you, this is why the trolling on Cred Forums is fucking boring these days, you don't make them put any effort into it, and it's fucking tiresome to watch the same shit working on you idiots day after day.

it is not about having black protagonist

it is about having a bad one.

Crysis feature prophet and he was fucking awesomse (Crysis 2-3)

But this isn't an oculous thread
Hide the thread, this was wellly constructed

I don't get the issue either. There is what....a grand total of 8 games maybe, the past 5 or so years staring at black protagonist.

Mortal Kombat, GTA, Marlo Briggs and the Mask of Death, Remember Me, Skullgirls, Street Fighter etc.