Wasteland 2

Got bored so i decided to give Wasteland 2 another shot. I am not sure how much was changed for the new directors cut edition but i remember there being a whole bunch of more microing and tedious stuff before. I am about 10 hours in at right now i am really enjoying the world and the combat. Does everyone still dislike it and if so why? And are there more people like me who ended up enjoying it a lot more after trying the directors cut edition?

>Does everyone still dislike it and if so why?
Retarded memespouters on Cred Forums aren't "everyone". In fact, pretty much everyone apart from a few contrarian shit-eaters loved the game and it has been universally praised by backers and Steam users alike.

I actually really liked the premise and setup of the game. The combat system was pretty cool too.
But as I progressed in the game it just became really unbalanced. The encounters got really difficult. That being said it might just be me who played it poorly; I am by no means an RPG genius.
This was the vanilla version, though I haven't tried the directors cut.

>First thing I heard about the game was why wasn't it 3d like Fallout
>So outdated why does anyone play this
I bought it purely out of blind rage.
No regrets.

Fair enough but i remember there being quite a lukewark reception for it overall.

Would be a shame if the balance fell apart later on. Hopefully they will have paid some attention to that in the directors cut. I enjoy turn based combat but factors like who the enemies chose to target can have am major impact and the combat is just way too slow to replay encounters over and over again.

>I am not sure how much was changed for the new directors cu
Is the DC edition better in general?

It was a while ago that i played the original version and i didn't play a whole lot of it so i don't know everything. There is a new Perk system, you can target body parts, and the game looks better. These are all nice though i have barely used the target option so far so i can't comment on how big impact it has.

The big thing for me though is that a lot of the tedious microing seems to have disappeared. If i remember correctly you previously had to switch between characters all the time to use their skills and the UI wasn't the greatest. Now i just right click on the object, get the possible skill usage and choosing one will send forward the party member who is most skilled in that area.

I don't want to say to much since it was a while ago i played the original but it seems much more smooth around and edges right now.

Not him, but the game has precision strikes (aiming at specific bodyparts) now and pretty much all the weapons are rebalanced. All melee styles are now viable, not just blunt weapons and melee has become a viable playstyle overall. Heavy weapons are better now as well and energy weapons have been nerfed into being somewhat too weak for my taste, but still useful.

Wasteland 2 vs Underrail

GO!

>Does everyone still dislike it and if so why?

Aside from graphics Wasteland 2 was always good. Don't let a bunch of shitposters affect your opinion.

Holy shit yes. The updated version is significantly better. Better graphics and effects, rebalanced combat, armor got reworked and quests were updated. There's a huge difference between vanilla and DC.

Completely different games, nigga, but both are great.

i pity bastards trying to start some sort of a retarded flamewar on each opportunity

Nah, no point.

I really liked W2 even though it does have some tedious moments. Team planning is fun as fuck, there's an actual challenge and some genuinely great, long locations like AG Center, each with some sort of a gimmick.

Should i start worry about energy weapons for robots early in the game or can i just keep on having fun with non energy weapons and still have a chance later on when they do show up?

Why did they start this series at #2?

ebin

When I played it at release it felt like Hollywood was rushed or incomplete. And after all that build up with the radio broadcasts and shit.

Have on character spec into Energy Weapons and you'll do fine. Lategame you'll have so many rockets and missiles that you can brute your way through any encounter.

Also, save as many people as you can. Be diplomatic. It will help you in the long run.

Yo Op. I'm playing it to and enjoy the game, writing is up and down depending on the characters but it feels like a solid 8/8.5 RPG

To be fair the gameplay has close to nothing to do with the first Wasteland. Aside from the name it is pretty much a new IP.

I agree, there are a lot of random items in the world that are only given to certain people for bonuses which is pretty cool.

I didn't like LA as much as Arizona, I thought the water canteen thing was interesting for travel but that wasn't in LA because of their situation but still, the game doesn't have a lot of mechanics on the world map anyway so ditching one was kind of lame.

Yeah, every location has been designed to work with characters of every build, especially in the DC version.