Dead Rising has only sold 20k on PC in the two weeks after release according to Steamspy

Dead Rising has only sold 20k on PC in the two weeks after release according to Steamspy.

What went wrong?

Pirates

they waited 10 years

>realease a good game 10 years late
>OMG WHY ITS NOT SELLING
>its because piracy im sure!

i knew this would happen
i sold my 7% stake in capcom when the shareholder meeting was a disaster

I think this year has hit a point of gaming saturation. I haven't even played all the games I've bought this year, let alone bought all the games that interest me.

Dead Rising is a game I enjoyed and want to play again but I'm too busy going through my library.

It's dead rising 2 without most of the fun weapons, and with a more alienating level of difficulty

>I think this year has hit a point of gaming saturation
wtf, it's been quiet compared with other recent years

20.000 X 30 dolars

600.000 Profit

20k * ($20 * 0.7 (valve's cut)) = 280k revenue

doubt it's made any profit yet

They ran Microsoft's automated 360 to PC tool and didn't advertise, I'd be surprised if they spent more than $500 to get this to PC.

is this babbies first shitpost?

the core market of people who would buy this are going to mostly be those who have played it before and want to play it again in higher res and frames.

Kids aren't going to give a shit about it once they read the reviews and learn of the wonky mechanics and "unforgiving" save and time limit.

This year has a fair amount of games I've been interested in but haven't gotten yet, as well as a fuckton of remasters.

I could be wrong, but I didn't feel like there were a lot of games I wanted last year around this time, seeing as a bunch of games got delayed.

I didn't even know that it came out on PC.

Valve takes 30% not 70%

oh forget it
im retarded

This, and they barely even advertised they were doing it.

REmaster was released 10yrs late and still sold well despite having aged much worse than DR

Because A) Everybody already played it on the 360, and B) People who actually did play it know it's nowhere near as good as people pretend it is.

It's not difficult to understand why it sold so little on the PC.

Nothing
Its a 10 year old game made on MT Framework. Those sales are probably considered decent.
Though the sales will probably continue to go up once there are discounts and such.

It's a 10 year old game. Anyone who really wanted to play it, already played it. It's not like 360's are expensive now. Even the games you can get for less than 5 bongs each.

Stop generalising user. I played it to death back when it launched on the 360. Now I'm doing it again on the PC and it's great playing it again at 4k60fps.

Too many remasters

People liked going back to REmake.
Same with DMC4, which also had new content.
But a DR1 remaster? Not many people asked for that, and the sales reflect it.

So OoT on 3DS, REmaster, Bioshock collection all sell like shit, right?

Those are good games. DR is an average at best series.

I didn't even know it was coming to PC. Maybe that's what went wrong.

Is it a good port?

Very good port. DMC4 (non-SE) levels of good port.

Practically no advertisement & it's a decade old

I loved the game back when it came out and i'd buy it again, just not for 24.99$CDN. I'll wait for a decent sale.

Because its on Xbox One, PS4 as well as PC.

Look at Dragon's Dogma, nearly 500k owners.

>without most of the fun weapons
>more alienating level of difficulty

Nigga have you even been in the Dead Rising threads we've been having? Newfags are picking this up and sticking with it just fine.

Why would I buy a shit game with FORCED TIMERS
>FORCED
>TIMERS

This is the most objectively bad game design.

game is old as fuck

Cred Forums in a nutshell:
>games only cost so much because publishers waste most of the budget on marketing
>of course nobody bought it, there was no marketing

>B) People who actually did play it know it's nowhere near as good as people pretend it is.

How much are they paying you to spout total bullshit? Or are you doing it for Hot Pockets?

Casuals
Just bought it again on my 360 cos poorfag. Are there any glitches in infinity mode I should know aobut? I never bothered with it back in the day. Also is OTR worth £3?

I agree Mario Bros is fucking shite. Fuck those 300 million sales.

Don't forget to add
>Game's old, nobody's gonna play an old game if they haven't played it back when it was new.

Already played it a decade ago. Don't see why I should buy it again.

The only reason I even knew it was coming was a Cred Forums thread two weeks ago. Bought it off GMG the day before release. I thought it was a fantastic investment but really, I doubt anyone outside of dedicated vidya discussion communities and the capcom forums even knew it was coming.

Bought it on Kinguin since it was £10 there instead of £15.99

I pirated it.

Might buy it when it's $5 during a sale.

>without most of the fun weapons
The fun weapons were always the most mundane. Being forced into a record store and trying to fight your way out by throwing disks is the way the game is meant to be. It's about making use of your surroundings in such an ordinary setting. If you want some overpowered bullshit to carry you through, then collect the books and get mini chainsaws. That's the DR2 experience.

>2d mario games
>good

>looks better
>better, consistent framerate
>load times so fast that load screens are negligible
>won't RROD your PC/PS4
Literally better than the original release in every way.

Played it. Loved it. Almost a decade has passed since then. Good times though. I remember playing the demo over and over all the time before it came out thougj

>shit game sold like shit
is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Better than a dead rising with no timer, that's for sure.

When you fucking retards get it through your tick skulls Steamspy is borderline made up numbers

>user with shit taste says stupid shit
Yes, it is.

20k is about the average these PC ports of older console games get. Don't think these companies don't know this and budget themselves accordingly. Besides there will be trickle sales for a long time and surges during event sales.

Overall they probably want to just get PC players interested in it so they can hype them up for dr4

Dead rising is shit, only autist think this game is good.

Clunky turd with retarded design decisions, unskippable niggers.

Dead rising 2, 3 are so much better than this turd.

What the hell is an unskippable nigger?

Sorry you feel this way user. What could they have done better in your personal opinion?

Gotta step up your shitpost game. Some guy started a thread saying Fallout 4 was better than New Vegas and he's rolling in (You)'s.

Presumably a nigger that can't be skipped.

Because PC is a dying medium. Whats the last big seller for PC? That's right there isn't one.

So there is no point to release Red Dead Redemption on PC.

That's actually a little surprising. I was hyped for DR1 on pc. I've already played it to death again. for $25 bucks I just assumed it'd sell decently enough. Well give it 10 more years for people to get nostalgic about the game and we'll get a kickstarter for "A SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR TO THE ORIGINAL DEAD RISING!!!11!! GIMME MONEY PLZ"

Microsoft is marketing GoW 4 on PC almost as hard as they are on Xbone.

>Whats the last big seller for PC?
No Man's Sky sold like 750k copies. XCom 2 has done 950k.

Overwatch and the WOW expansion probably destroyed them.

>Windows Store game
lol

>trusting Steamspy

I played it a decade ago in the 360, I don't really want to buy it again.

Steamspy is fairly accurate (so long as you take the range given into account)

>FORCED TIMERS
Instead of those other timers that just ask really nice?

Because most pc players a MOBA fags hell there are new releases that get less than that ON pc

Pirates

20k isn't bad at all for a 10 year old game.

Using DSP as a reliable meme argument..

>running with something in your hand
ya fucked up

Where has this "Dead Rising is good" meme coming from?

It's slow, clunky, boring, timers on literally everything, stupid AI companions that can't fight the even dumber and slower shambling zombies that pose no danger to you, absolutely retarded bosses and awful cutscenes and animations?

2 was even worse in all these things, only thing it improves is no Otis being a faggot the whole game.

All these games have going for them is some cool weapons (boxing gloves with knives, wheelchair with guns) and hundreds of zombies on the screen at once which doesn't matter since all they do is stumble around unless you get right inside of their anuses, and that's certainly not enough to excuse everything else wrong with them.

I've heard that 3 fixed all that crap but I haven't played it to find out.

because the running speed and animation are absolute ass. like im playing a grandma

>according to Steamspy

Try DR2 it's way worse

>PC is not profitable
>publishers don't bother making good ports in the first place since no one will care
>publishers have no reason to port games asap to PC since consoles ALWAYS make more money
>PC fags only buy games when significantly discounted, further driving home the fact that PC is not profitable
>why does based Sega/XSEED/[insert console scraps publisher] port [Yakuza 6/Estival Versus/a reasonably new game] to PC? Do they hate money or something?

...whoah... really makes ya think...

Pretty sure you get faster as you level up.

>PC
lol

I can't wait to see the RDR sales numbers

>GIVE US THIS GAME YOU FUCKING HACKS
>Buy it? Why the fuck would I do that?

It's a 10 year old game that they are charging $20 for. Everyone on PC has already played 2, so why go back to 1?

had to pirate it because the german steam store doesnt sell it

Except this year alone has proven every one of those things wrong, except the last one because I can't decode whatever the fuck you're trying to say there

That's understandable.

>re-release an an ancient game on PC
>it looks like shit because they changed nothing
>people had already played it on console when it came out like 10 years ago and don't want it again
>It doesn't sell

OMG PC GAMERS DON'T PLAY GAMES

>"We are extremely pleased with the performance of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen. It is our fastest-selling PC title to date, thanks to an audience eagerly waiting for it, and us delivering to the level of quality gamers were expecting,” marketing director Antoine Molant told MCV.

Yeah, highly anticipated console ports totally don't sell well on PC.

How has REmake aged worse than Dead Rising?

The PC port is good though.

>caring about graphics
it still looks good tbhfam

>PCfats are animeNEETs
it all comes together

>aged at all
>controls are the same as the original as well as having the analog option

What makes idiots like you tick?

BUT user IT DOESN'T HAVE ENB AND I CAN'T RUN IT AT 200FPS AND I ONLY PLAY NEW GAMES NOT THAT OLD SHIT

>PC is profitable

lol

My Stand, 「citation needed」, says otherwise.

Millions of people bought GTAV full price on release after a year of it already being out on consoles

never underestimate Rockstar's massive audience ready to eat up whatever they shit out

Simple, a lot of pc players are thieves.

see

>5 million PC sales
>vs 15 million on next gen consoles
>vs 35 million on last gen consoles

PC literally sold 1/10th of the console numbers. Rockstar not supporting PC is justified.

The 360 version alone sold more in its first week in Japan than the lifetime sales of PC. Yes, the 360 as in the American console the Japanese hate.

>5 million at $60 a pop
>not justified

How dense are you?

Nope, it was better on 360. The game was never intended to be played at a high frame rate, you were supposed to struggle with the frame rate because it added to the atmosphere.

This is a bizarre attitude you have, how is 5 millions sales "bad?" Small Jap games usually sell 35,000 at launch yet the companies keep porting games to PC.

Out of that 5 million only 50k play every day

I thought that. Than I actually played it.

They still got millions of dollars from sales.

>Expecting pc to support the industry

And you wonder why PC gets shit ports

And? They got money they don't give a fuck.

Is it wrong that I want this on the Wii U? Having the map on the gamepad would help out a lot.

If Rockstar is content just living off of GTA Online money then how are they a respectable developer? Just look at Valve, because of microtransactions they no longer put in any effort into making games. The same will happen to Rockstar if they continue focusing on online player count.

>Phil Brunell

Why the fuck am I not surprised?

But i would rather have support and still pay the devs rather than buy it once and forget the people who bought it

I'll pick it once its $5.

>Is it wrong?
No.

Is it logical?
I don't think so.

That doesn't matter.

You said it wasn't profitable. But the evidence says otherwise. It doesn't matter how profitable it was.

Also
>citation needed

It's a shit game, that's why.

1. It'll be more than 5 million because the game is not Steamworks, so that doesn't include retail and non-Steam retailers
2. 5 million is an absolute fucking shitload, even if it sold more on consoles. We're probably talking a quarter of a billion dollars in revenue. Any developer would be retarded to turn that sort of money down.

I am actually personally shocked by this. Dead Rising is easily worth $20 in any year.

Dead Rising is easily a superior game to anything being released today. At the time, it was a true Next-Gen title, and given the descent of the industry since, it still is.

The gameplay, the mechanics, the zombies, the mall, the multiple endings, solving the mystery, the replayability.

The FUN.

THIS is a video game. Made by arcade veterans who came up through the development of the industry and actually used new technology. Capcom at their finest, and one of the last, true AAA titles worthy of what that used to stand for.

I can only assume this is down to the absolute dearth of marketing. Literally heard nothing about a PC release until this thread. Will 100% be picking this up. Fuck, might even upgrade my toaster if it's needed. DR is worth it.

Make Gaming Fun Again.

Legit question, why should I play this?
I completed DR2 with all the DLCs and Case Zero. Wile being fun for two weekends or something, it was really forgettable.

Why even playing Dead Rising 1 if I have a pirated Dead Rising 3 sitting in my hard drive (didn't even try it yet)?

>inb4 because muh nostalgia!

>Already have the game on Xbox
>Pirate it to test the waters
>Runs amazingly well
>Have to wait another week to buy it because of Rent
>Some how Off the Record keys are only selling for a buck on G2A and buy that instead

Is DR3 worth getting at all? I'm thinking about doing a Marathon of these.

Don't, it's practically unplayable if you started with the later games.

>Is DR3 worth getting at all?
on xbone yeah

I already played it on X360 a year ago. Hearing they did nothing to fix the friendly ai made me hold off on it.

thats nonsense

the pc version of dr3 is the best obviously

> Where has this "Dead Rising is good" meme coming from?
It's fun.

Because xbone don't have that many good games, I got it

Paradox didn't think so when they had all of their games removed from it.

well said

Game mechanic wise its dated compared to DR2 and OTR. It's still worth a play through for the story so I'd just pirate it or wait for a sale.

Try telling that to the Deus Ex fanbase

>Repackage a game from 10 years ago onto steam
>acquire ez 20k sales
I really don't see the issue.

> Where has this "Dead Rising is good" meme coming from?

Fuck off of Cred Forums, newfagging scum.

Creating ports costs money.

Fucking good. Not a PC gamer anymore, but I'm glad they didn't waste cash on this 10-yo garbage. Good game in its time, but just release a GOOD, NEW Dead Rising. Or a 2.5D spin-off.

Can't believe console fags a lapping this shit up. I'm sick OLD fucking games.

It's a pittance compared to what it cost to make the game. They didn't add any features, it's just the same game with the 360 limitations set aside.

It's MT Framework, those games are easy to port.Same reason Dragon's Dogma, DmC 4 and RE are good ports.

>I'm sick OLD fucking games
>will still emulate old games

It was never on PC which is why it was a big deal in the first place. Also there is a new Dead Rising coming to Xbone and PC.

Yes, but it still probably cost more than the $300k in revenue they've made, even if it's not a disaster.

Cred Forums actually got me so fucking hyped about this game. I'll play it asap, I hope it runs well on my toaster but it's 10 years old so I should be ok
I didn't want to spoil myself about my first "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL" but it sounded so fucking cool I googled the song, it's really good.

Boy these sure are some compelling arguments. I guess everything in that post is just completely invalidated now.

I sincerely doubt it took them an army of programmers to make the steam port.

I'm pretty sure that has something to do with the fact that they almost didn't advertised that port, the fact that DR3 port was one of the shitiest in the past years, and the fact that we are talking about a 10 (TEN) years old game, that post player who wanted to play it played it on 360...

and add to this the piracy

Your post was invalidated when you used the word "Meme" unironically.

$300k just covers the expenses for like 4 programmers.

They don't sell it on steam in my country

even tough they technicly could

>timers on literally everything
I haven't played it yet but isn't that part of the appeal? You feel like you are in a dangerous zombie outbreak (or whatever happens in the story, like I said have yet to play it) and if you don't haul ass you're in deep shit.

pc gamers are normies. besides fashionable games and aaa, they play only mobas and generic online shooters and some simulators and indie games pandering to them

People keep talking about piracy as if this game wasn't on the fucking 360 of all things, or the generation with the worst piracy problem by a landslide.

The PC port would have required minimal effort, the Xbone version will be practically identical.

if they released it on pc 10 years ago alongside the xbox version with the same marketing budget there would be more sales. everyone already owns it on xbox.

How fucking stupid can Cred Forums be?

Assuming they worked on it for an entire year.

300K revenue is still 200K profit. at the very least. A PC port doesn't cost more than 100K to make.

People on PC are pirates sot here you go

What's the last big seller on PS4? That's right there isn't one. See PS4 is also a dying medium.

>sales has anything to do with daily players
why?

i didnt pirate or buy DR yet
but since you keep bitching, im going to download the torrent, just for (You)

I just wished they had worked the meme magic used in DMC4 for this port. It doesn't run well on my portable toasters.

Shit port
Shit game

Pc already has dead rising 2 and 3

>Small Jap games usually sell 35,000 at launch yet the companies keep porting games to PC.

Kinda like how Sega is porting Yakuza 6, right? Or how Bamco is going to port Ace Combat 7 as well, right?

Oh, oops...

>Codex release only

what the fuck codex releases never work

I told a friend of mine who I work with and go to the gym with regularly that DR1 was coming to PC and current gen consoles.
He asked me; "Is it old"
"Yeah, it's about 10 years old but they've fixed it up a-",I told him before I got interupted.
"Yeah...I don't play old games, man..." he said disinterested.

Now imagine tons of these Nü-PC players that own beast like rigs, but only play Overwatch, DOTA2 and LoL, and you have basically 70% of PC gamers right there.

>implying I give a shit about western shit

Waiting for the sale.

Honestly what did they expect from a 10 year old port? Sure it's a port that works, but who is shocked, it's the same engine as devil may cry 4

Those are Japanese games, you twit.

I would be careful tempting fate with the "NEVER EVER" posting, Nier getting announced for PC was probably one of the most fun times on Cred Forums, like 90% of the threads were mocking PS4 for losing another Japanese exclusive.

Dead Rising runs on the MT-Framework engine, which is extremely flexible for multiple hardware configurations.
The PS4 and Xbone versions run at native 1080P at 60FPS for fuck's sake.
You can run this game at 4K at 144fps with a decent PC.

Why didn't Capcom use resources to properly provide English documentation on how to use their god-tier engine is beyond me,

DR2 looks like shit in comparison.

>the pc version of dr3 is the best obviously>>
Did you play it?

No they're not. They look like western shit, hence they're western shit to me. When I play a jap game, I want it to look like a Japanese game.

>Yeah...I don't play old games, man...
These are the people who ruined videogames

Nier is coming out on PC? Fuck, I just got it for 360

>PCucks
>buying games
pick 1

fuck capcom and their malware, never buying from them ever again

God, I love seeing console keks absolutely blown the fuck out when they lose another precious exclusive to us.
I like it more than I do actually playing video games.

I meant Nier 2, sorry.

>everyone NEVER EVER'd Nier
>it's getting a PC release
>no one's NEVER EVER-ing Yakuza 6
>it's staying on PS4

huh...

Can't you buy it over a keytrading site and activate it in Germany?

oh, Automata? don't care about that, don't like Platinum shite

Tired of zombie games, played this game 10 years ago.

Nier 2. The director told everyone to just watch LPs of 1.
We're not even getting digital versions of that game on last gen consoles...

How the fuck does Yakuza look western to you?

Why do you guys keep replying? He's not even trying.

No other weapon in the entire game feels as satisfying as the bat. Prove me wrong.

Because I've already had the original game for over a decade on 360 and I'm not in a rush to rebuy it again

it's a taro game with platinum combat

Ok I guess Yakuza doesn't look western, I probably confused with another game.

m-muh ultra realistix GFX asian stereotype!!!11
western shit 101 faggot

what? they released this game on pc?

well then they did a shit job marketing it. i love this series and didnt hear anything until now

>wow pc buyers don't want to support gaymes :((
>wanting to support the series seeing dead rising 4 is next

Because contrary to popular belief, most people are not retarded mustards who boycott good games for 10 FUCKING YEARS just so they can play them on pc.

You have to realize sooner or later that the only allies you Cred Forumstards have are a few morons on rmasterrace.

It basically wasn't adveritsed at all, it was put on the store not too long before it's release and that was that.

Dead Rising 1 had a serious undertone while being goofy with an interactive environment and a fun sandbox to play around with between cases.
The timer made the game tense as fuck, but it kept the player always on his toes at all time.

Dead Rising 2 tried to do the same thing, but with a different team supervised by the key members of the original Japanese team.
They were more lenient on the timer and gave us combo weapons that completely broke the game.
Still an entertaining sequel

OTR is basically the same as 2, but with our old buddy Frank as the MC instead. A much worthier sequel

DR3 took the LOL RANDUM to a whole new level.
The timer doesn't even matter, the survivors can just be sent back to base making it a cakewalk, the combo weapons can be stored in closets at the base.
They turbo casualized the game.
The story is also shit.

DR4 looks like they've gone completely off the rails and is pandering to the retardo-crowd.
No timer, fast zombies and weapons so OP that it looks like you're cutting through zombies like a warm knife through butter.
They also replaced the VA for NORTH AMERICAN AUDIENCES!

I honestly didn't know this was out, or that it was ever gonna be on PC, till I came across this thread

so as to answer OP's question, the lack of advertising is why it's not selling

I didn't know about it until about a month before release, and I'm a huge DR fan.

Great post, and don't forget that:
>there will be shills shilling Dead Rising 4 and saying it's "good" even with all the negative feedback
Kind reminder to report and hide when it will happen. It's gonna be a sad, sad moment, but sometimes people need to fuck off. I'm open-minded but everybody is honest when they say the series should've ended at 3. No one in their right mind would want to play that. It's dead on arrival.

>people like different things
>IT MUST BE SHILLS

I saw nobody talking about it until this thread and how the fuck did it take them this long to do a port?

MS probably had a 10 year exclusivity window.on the original game (it was originally released in August 2006)

>Talking to a Gym Buddy about video games
>Surprised he's a casual faggot who puts graphics before entertainment value

I really would have gave it a shot if T.J. Was still voicing Frank.

But it's just so fucking off putting, now.

>off putting
are you triggered, user? is it now toxic?

its a shit game made by the shitty Inafune
what did you expected?

Grow up, you faggot.

no u

Pretty much how I feel, changing voice actors in a sequel is retarded, especially if they sound nothing like the original actor/worse. It's one thing if they couldn't hire the same actor again, but it's another all together if they changed the VA for some stupid-ass reason like "making him sound more mature".

Hearing that he was actually interested in the role but never heard from the devs made me mad as fuck.

Just bought Dishonored GOTY, Xcom Complete and DR2:OTR for 13bucks.

I felt like this was the better choice overall.
Gonna wait for a deal on Dead Rising though.

Good choices. OTR is still great fun for a Frank fan.

Not this pirate, that shit never worked on my PC, it wouldn't even install correctly so I deleted it. Something about Doomsday.exe failing to install or was missing or some shit. Meh.

They did the same earlier this year for the 3 remasters of Resident Evil 4-6 on PS4/XBO

I didn't even realize they were out until I went to the store and saw them.

For the first time in a long time I actually bought it off steam without using a keysite.

It's a port of a decade old game, why the fuck would anyone buy it? Additionally, I'm fairly certain every other DR game has been ported and has been ported for years. I know I've had DR2 in my library for well over 5 years.

>All of the advertising is pushing FRANK IS BACK
>Isn't actually Frank
I just don't get what they're going for. DR4 is just going to be generic 2010's open world trite.

>What went wrong?
It's a shit game. It was shit ten years ago, it's shit now.

>why the fuck would anyone buy it?
Because it's running on a proper resolution in 60+fps?

This is one of the few times where I can honestly say they did a pretty good job on a port.
The fluent kbm controls are just the cherry on top.

>what went wrong?
lets see..
>every sequel is shit why support a company that will ruin the franchise?
>its a shit port
>fucking crapcom
>8 years old game
>1+ year old game for more than 5€
i wonder why it didn't sold more..oh wait i own the game why the fuck i'm going to buy it again

do you have the console sales? I bet it sold 200k+ total

Not available in my country.
I was actually looking forward to this crap.
Now I have to buy a shitty stolen key from some shady website.

Didn't even know it came out on steam
probably gonna buy it now

The game is meant to be played multiple times. The timers is to add some artificial replay. They're not even that bad once you play the game the first time and know where to go/look.

I'll buy it eventually but I played it 30 years ago on the 360. It's a good game but I'm not spending $20 to play it again.

I already played the game to death as a teenager. I played the second one for free with less hype, but still enjoyed. Ran through the game smoothly since it's not hard to get the hang of the similar gameplay.

I don't want to buy the game again, I've already played through it and experienced it. And I've love to say that I'd like to play through again [on a computer this time] and get better endings than I previously have. But I don't have much time for that. I don't have time to dump into a dead-end singleplayer game that has already been thoroughly enjoyed by me previously. The endorphin exchange is not worth the time and money, and it'll be shortly because I get bored of it and never pick it up again.

you convinced me user, it better be fun

Nintendo charges 10 bucks for SNES games and Drones eat them up.
DR1 is worth 20 bucks.

because 2/3 are much more intresting to play and have more stuff to mess with? which was whole point of this game, you will get bored with dr1 much quicker than with dr2/3

Not going to bother checking a 200+ reply thread but

I bought my key on Green Man Gaming since it was a few bucks cheaper and i'm sure thousands of others have too and Steamspy doesn't count key redemptions as copies so BTFO OP

just as Phill

>shit port

try harder next time retard

>Steamspy doesn't count key redemptions as copies
yes they do you fucking moron

no they don't fagtron

I bought it physically on PS4 instead.

no, they do, you don't understand how steamspy works, it uses steam profile data to estimate steam sales, nothing to do with how purchases are made.

Good thing I've never owned a Nintendo console then.

VC sold like hotcakes

shooting mechanics, movement and level design is really painful and dated in deus ex 1, even tho story is god tier, ost is pretty good too. I'm not sure if i will ever finish DX1 due really dated gameplay.

nice meme image reddit! upvoted

great argument 9gagger!! XD

>paying 20$ for a 10 year old game
>only ported because they thought it would be a cash grab
if devs put time into porting then it would sell. the devs have to do the work in order to get the green.

>Twenty dollars
>Cashgrab
You NEETs really need to get jobs.

>users put their profile to private
>steam spy became useless

i wonder how many people have private profiles i guess more than 15%

>Not available in my country.
Just get it off g2p.

It's also cheaper that way.

when did I say i was neet? literally go ahead and justify a $20 digital download. Ill wait..

>I'll wait
No wonder you guys get so many shitty ports all the time. You won't buy good games until they're worth a penny on Humble Bundle.

Why would I buy it when I already had it on the 360 at release? Took too long for me to care about it on PC.

Because 3 is literally a shit game and 1 isn't.

4K at 144FPS. 1 second load tmes.

>4K

See

But I already put like 2 or 300 hours in the first one on 360. I don't think I could enjoy it as much even now after not having played it for so long.

>literally go ahead and justify a $20 digital download

Because you get a good game with that $20?

dude games don't just grow off trees, if people don't buy them then devs would have no reason to make them.

And what the hell are you talking about "if devs put time into porting then it would sell"? DR1 is a pretty good port, 1080p 60fps with bugfixes for only $20.

Look I know getting free stuff is nice and all but its selfish to pirate, the only reason why these games are made is so they can sell, they don't sell then we don't get games.

not him but 3 was mediocre not shit, it would be actually good if it wasn't for the locked 30 fps

i literally just bought fallout 4 for half the price of this game.

it'll pick it up when it's $5-10

you are the reason people hate PC Even if it's 10 years old it's still nice to get a good port.. and $20 is more than justified but no... PC gamers (not all) have to have everything dirt cheap or they pirate it and $20 is't even that expensive unless you are a neet who can't afford even the smallest things

I only buy console shit cheap or second hand too so go fuck yourself

Dead Rising 1 is objectively the best Dead Rising.

Dead Rising 2 ruined it with the whole zombrex bullshit and the combo weapons made the game too easy

Dead Rising 3 was all around completely awful. Like dear lord, what the fuck were they thinking at ANY point in development.

The worst part is, Dead Rising 4 is looking more like Dead Rising 3 than 1 or 2.

It must suck ass to be such a poor fag where you have to buy second hand I bet you use a fuck wall-mart laptop for gaming

What happens when i activate it DR with a german IP? Does it get censored?

Yeah, I'm pretty poor, but I'm also smart and frugal about buying shit.

1. It's fucking 10 years old
2. There's a new title coming out soon
3. It's another zombie game in a sea of zombie games
4. DR2 is pretty much mechanically superior

For all of this 20k in 2 weeks is fucking amazing

>frugal
>smart
>still pretty poor
user you are doing something very wrong if your still that poor maybe Get a job?

>The PS4 and Xbone versions run at native 1080P at 60FPS for fuck's sake.
And both dip below 60 on a VERY fequent level.
Esp the DR2 does while 1 does literally everytime you hit a zombie
>inb4 "muh artistic vision, the fps drop is on purpose even tho it wasnt in the original!"

Spoken like a true boorish casual.

>It's another zombie game in a sea of zombie games
uhh DR1 came out before this whole zombie trend blew up

And most console fags only play sports games and call of duty, what's your point?

>the fps drop is on purpose even tho it wasn't in the original
Nigga what. did you even play it on the 360

>They were more lenient on the timer and gave us combo weapons that completely broke the game.
I'm playing through it right now and the timer is just as bad as in DR1 because of the sheer amount of survivors the game keeps throwing at you constantly. Also complaining that combo weapons break the game is a shitty complain when the Mannequin Torso and triple book Small Chainsaw exist in DR1 to the point where I never even saw a single boss' attack because of it, whereas in DR2 even the fabled Knife Gloves barely do much damage to psychopaths forcing me to actually fight them properly and learn their pattern if I want to beat them.

However I have to say the mall from DR1 was a way better and more interesting place to explore than DR2's casino, and the psychopaths from DR1 were much more charming whereas so far DR2's are kinda forgettable besides maybe the chef.

Yes. 10 years ago. Which was why it was fucking amazing 10 years ago. Now people are sick of it.
Hot opinion user gonna explain?

>4. DR2 is pretty much mechanically superior
It's the most jankiest versions of them all and the animations look like shit because the chinklers didn't bother providing proper English documentation for their MT-Framework engine.

You've never played the original game. It's hitstop -a game mechanic.
You're an idiot.

VC was good though. Dead Rising is just guilty pleasure, like musou games.

How the fuck can you get pleasure from shit with retarded ass timers, worst AI to ever be in a video game, clunky mechancis fitting for a 1998 3D game, shit graphics, unrealistic, buggy ass mess of garbage?

>PC
>Supporting the vidya gaming industry

choose one

It just works.

Ever played Deadly Premonition?

>defence of any criticism of DR1 boils down to "STFU IT'S JUST A GOOD GAME THERE'S NO EXPLANATION NEEDED"

l o l

It's not a casual game or e-sports trash.

Pc users have bad taste in games

I haven't bought it yet because I played the SHIT out of it on the Xbox, and it's stupid buying a game I already own and could play right now but choose not to

I'll buy it when it's £5 because it's a great game, and by then there'll probably be some amazing mods

we already have so much dr and most of us beat it on the 360

sonycucks will prob buy this trash in droves though since no gaems

Content is shit compared to 2nd and 3rd game. Also it's not a good remaster. Most of the textures are blurry as fuck.

Everyone already played it 10 years ago

they made a shit game