HOW DID WE GO FROM THIS...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ir2GqdUfPHk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

...TO THIS?

to this

...to this?

they still use that design

It was already explained that only Luigi is capable to see the real evil side of King Boo.

Homogenization of Mario enemy designs. Anything that strays from the norm is erased.

Bleach

what, where?

No, in LM2 they made him standard white, made his eyes a little bigger, gave him a standard mouth shape with 4 standard boo teeth. It's still homogenized, but to a lesser extent.

Not oficially, but a theory based in the only times King Boo has a different design is the LM games.

How can you say it's homogenized if LM still uses the King Boo design different from King Boo in others games? The crown is especially an important part that makes him unique to others games.
You're not just spouting buzzwords, are you?

Because he was made to resemble a generic Boo even more, as detailed on my post.

but that's wrong you fucking retard

Okay, and his old design doesn't resemble a generic Boo too?

Is this bait? King Boo is just a giant Boo, but with a crow and a more deep voice. Always has been.

At least he wasn't literally a standard boo wearing a crown and had some small but key differences

are you fucking stupid

You're right to shit on the Mario Kart design, but if you're still talking about LM:DM he still has his key distinguishing elements: his jeweled crown and his shadowed, glowing red eyes. Who gives a shit how many teeth he has or if the proportions are diddled with a little.

>he wasn't literally a standard boo wearing a crown and had some small but key differences
>he wasn't

Are you joking my face or are you a retard? Excuse me, but in what games he had a completely different design that didn't resemble a generic Boo? As far as I know, his first appearance was the first LM game.

Mario kart and paper jam

The M&L 3ds art style looks like junk. Why did they do this?

Did you read my post?

>but in what games he had a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT design THAT DIDN'T RESEMBLE a generic Boo

that is how Luigi views King Boo
this is how everyone else sees him

I never said he was completely different, just that it wasn't literally a generic enemy boo with a crown.
Like the OP pic shows, he had different eyes and colors which is enough to make him not-as-generic

you forgot the one between those two

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't intentionally missing key words and points in order to make others seem hyperbolic. I'll reiterate to try and make it more clear.

In LM2, they made him standard white, made his eyes a little bigger, gave him a standard mouth shape with 4 standard boo teeth. It's still homogenized (in reference to the LM and MKDD design), *but to a lesser extent* [of how he was initially] (as in it still has originality and more of ts own identity, but less so compared to the original).

In Luigi's Mansion 1, he was pale green, he had slightly beadier eyes, he had a thinner, longer mouth with only 2 fangs and a smaller tongue.

To be clear, this is an observation, not an opinion.

Why did everything in sunshine look so shitty for the sake of being different?

Luigi stole his crown and he got bleached by the sun in Isle Delfino

Miyamoto

I dunno.
Why did everything in 3 look so shitty for the sake of being different?
Why did everything in World look so shitty for the sake of being different?
Why did everything in 64 look so shitty for the sake of being different?
Why did everything in Paper Mario look so shitty for the sake of being different?
Why did everything in Sunshine look so shitty for the sake of being different?

>SM64DS, NSMB, NSMBW, Sticker Star, Super Mario Run
Ah, that's the stuff, man.

King Boo needs a Chaos Emerald to turn into these

>This is the original King Boo
>The King Boo of Luigi's Mansion trapped the original under the Hotel so that he could become King
>The LM King Boo is the same as the other King Boo that looks like a Boo with a crown, but is corrupted whenever the jewel is added to his crown, thus him looking darker overall

DEEPEST
E
E
P
E
S
T

Why was Sunshine so shitty for the sake of being different?

>In Luigi's Mansion 1, he was pale green, he had slightly beadier eyes, he had a thinner, longer mouth with only 2 fangs and a smaller tongue.

Because aside from being green, that's what ALL Boos looked like in that game. King Boo has always looked like his minions. The only real changes where his eyes and crown, which were reverted in Dark Moon.

Fun fact, that's not the actual King Boo. In the Japanese version he's referred to as "Boss Boo"

You're right about that, boos in general were homogenized for the sequel. But even so, that doesn't bother me, I would have liked for King Boo to retain the original design. He still looks fine in Dark Moon though, and I like the hot pink lighting.

>just that it wasn't literally a generic enemy boo with a crown.
Explain to me how does King Boo, old or new, doesn't resemble a generic enemy.

>Like the OP pic shows, he had different eyes and colors which is enough to make him not-as-generic
>he had
He still fucking has the different eyes and colors. Why are you trying to deny? Also, why you didn't mention his crown?

Your details in your explaining doesn't matter, because he isn't homogenized in LM games. He still has important characteristics that makes him different from others spin-off games, and just because they made little changes to him, doesn't mean it's homogenized. Homogenized is when you make a thing that's exactly equal to other thing, NOT make sightly changes.

>To be clear, this is an observation, not an opinion.
If it were an opinion, I would disagree but respect your opinion, but as an observation, it's wrong.

I never liked his design to begin with.

Too ugly and ruined the original boo design.

Sunshine Boo's were just some ugly drawings by Jr., which is why their designs were so deviant compared to the original.
doesn't change the fact that they're still fuckin oogly

Will boolosus come back?

What would gettin licked by a ghost be like?

Slightly painful but also paralysing.

I think Boohemoth replaced Boolossus.

>ruined the original boo design.
No, you're retarded

but muh sunshine

The changes made make him resemble a generic Boo more. Nobody is saying he's totally generic though. Reading comprehension, man.
And an observation can't be an opinion just because you call it that, you're not making any sense.

Why did you make this thread again?

Also the angry king boo would look like shit in the more friendly spinoffs.

No it doesn't.

Boos are so cool, I love them!

it looks like fucking slimer

Image needs a YI Boo

Yeah it does, that original design is more menacing purely for Luigi's Mansion's atmosphere.

For more lighthearted games a more general look is better . Otherwise they might as well use a generic Boo since it's cuter.

>that original design is more menacing purely for Luigi's Mansion's atmosphere.
You could say original boos are supposed to be more spooky for the SMB3 castle atmosphere, and the SMW ghost house atmosphere, and by that logic boos in general shouldn't appear in anything with a light tone.
King Boo from LM isn't more menacing than Dry Bowser anyway, and he joins spin-offs just fine, so your point us moot.

>saying "homogenized" like it's a dirty word
This is how evolution works. The traits that work stay and the traits that don't work get tossed.

They literally made him even more unique in LM2 than LM1

to this

wrong

I thought I heard somewhere that the Big Boo in Dark Moon was actually called by Boolosus's name in the Japanese version. I could be wrong, though.

How so? Besides the eye color, blue tongue, and crown, just looks like a regular Boo

to this?

King Boo needs a Jewel to look like his LM appearance. In spin-offs, he has a generic crown, which doesn't have the evil/dark magic to make him look look like that.

His crown in LM1 is just a crown.

He has a red jewel

it's true, he also killed my dog

Boos are like the BEST platform game enemies ever.

Bow and King boo are my favorites

the texture looks exactly like acne scarring

PHANTOM BOO

Hey, why don't we post our favorite song from CS?
youtube.com/watch?v=ir2GqdUfPHk

How's the haunted zone music, to keep in theme with the thread?

A red diamond, not a magic artifact. Just a crown.

Noice.

It looks like marshmallow

Are Boos supposed to be dead Toads?

Miyamoto actually didn't like the Sunshine designs.

I used to think they were goomba ghosts, but there are acual goomba ghosts in SML2.
I guess they're just generic evil spirits. Maybe anything could become a Boo if they die under the right circumstances.

>Mario's Sleeves Are NOT SHORT!!!

>Sunshine was bad lol xDDD

When will this meme die?

Be strong
Be strong for mother

>Miyamoto actually didn't like the Sunshine designs.

Good, who ever came up with the Sunshine designs did a good job at ruining everything they changed and even some of the new designs like the Piantas were pretty crappy.

I figured they were separate Boos.
Spinoff King Boo works for Bowser.
LM King Boo is his own guy.

Did people not realize he meant the back?

I didn't mind the designs much, it is just a random tropical island full of pollution

>A red diamond
You mean like a sapphire