Resident Evil

>Leon's campaign wants to be a horror games but gives you so much ammo and agility there's no tension.
>Chris's campaign wants to be third-person action gears clone, but gives you limited inventory to make gunfights a pain in the ass.

What should I expect in Sherry's campaign? Also, what did Cred Forums think of RE6. I'm late as fuck so I never discussed it on here.

Also Resident Evil thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I meant limited ammo, not inventory.

I just finished Chris' story and started Sherry's. So far the first chapter has been melee-ing a lot and not-Nemesis. Also, is there a huge difference if I chose Sherry instead of Jake?

I enjoyed it but as an absurd retarded 'big budget b-movie' of a game, it's the kind of shitty I enjoyed playing along with.

I thought Sherry's was best because its varied, and Jake is fun to play as with his kung fu shit.

>wants to be a horror games but gives you so much ammo and agility there's no tension.

Sounds just like every other game in the series.

Jake/Sherry's is the worst campaign in my opinion. The forced stealth sections are just awful.

I want to actually play this in anticipation for 7, but then I remember when I downloaded the demo and fucking loathed it.

What difficulty are you playing on, No Hope?

>What should I expect in Sherry's campaign?
A-grade gurren laggan power of love tier finale of good ol' RE cheese with edgy MC but actually good person inside and qt3.14 sidekick

Normal.

>>Leon's campaign wants to be a horror games but gives you so much ammo and agility there's no tension.

It's not horror though. You should approach it as "this is gonna be the dumbest, cheesy set pieces action game, even cheesier than Uncharted" mentality. RE6 drops all pretense of horror before the game ever began.

In that regards, RE6 is a good action game but a bad horror game

Read this guide:
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494812

Then hit Mercenaries mode and practice to do better at the game. Because normal difficulty shouldn't be causing you too much trouble.

Someone didn't drunk split screen co-op Chris's campaign with another veteran Res player ;o

I disagree. It still has that horror undertone and teases you with it from time to time. The tonal shifts and stiff mechanics of Resident Evil don't lend themselves to proper action games. RE4 was a huge change, but it's not like when you controlled Leon you were doing some Ninja Garden type shit. So when they try to do all out action games with RE4 mechanics as the base it doesn't work well.

If you play on No Hope in Leon's campaign you run out of ammo quick.

>tfw I like the direction that the Resident Evil series took from low budget b-movie to big bugdet action flick

It only made sense, really.

Classic RE is Evil Dead.
4 is Evil Dead 2.
5 and 6 are Army of Darkness.
7 is the remake.

I can't hate any Resident Evil game, it's my guilty pleasure franchise.

I love how corny it is.

Hell I even watch the cg movies.

>5 and 6 are Army of Darkness.
user gets it

that's a great comparision, good post dood

>So when they try to do all out action games with RE4 mechanics as the base it doesn't work well.
>with RE4 mechanics
RE6 is totally different though.

>Sherry's campaign

You mean Jake's?

>What should I expect in Sherry's campaign?
The best of the bunch but with horrible insta-kill sections liberally sprinkled throughout.

Stealth section and you get seen? insta kill
Run section and you don't instantly start running the direction the game wants you to? insta kill
Ski chase fuckup? insta kill

I went through most of that campaign without dying once in the normal gameplay of a chapter but dying like 3-5 times to insta-kill sections. It was even worse in co-op where either player can get insta-killed

I was fine with the RE4 shift. My complaint comes from the forced co-op. They've been wanting to do that shit since N64 era. RE0 was like the test on GCN then they finally did it with RE5 and every games since, Rev, 6, Rev2. If they had just kept them single player experiences like 4 with no co-op AI partner and tried to keep it isolated horror like RE4 it would've been great. Anyways it's not like I've hated the new games, just frustrating what they could have been.

I like a lot about VII but the first person perspective really has me concerned.

That would be pretty accurate, only problem is that army of darkness wasn't shit.

>army of darkness wasn't shit

The campaign as a whole offers a lot more variety compared to the others. I did my first run with a friend as Sherry first. She gets a neat MGS like segment whereas Jake just has to beat the shit out of everything to proceed to the next room. Felt like those 2 got separated the most since there are a lot of places she can't jump to. But yeah overall I thought they had the best campaign out of the bunch. Leons is super overrated, but I do like how the guy can't drive a vehicle without crashing it a few minutes later.

If anyone has this on PC we should get a merc room going. I've not tried any of the other modes and have had this shit since release. Shits hard as fuck to find enough people to play with.

>RE4 opening

LA LALA ALALALALALAL

*spanish guitar noises*

Neither is resident evil 5 you babby cuck

Mah nigga.