He hasn't hacked his 3DS

>He hasn't hacked his 3DS
Explain yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade/
gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-160-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html
youtube.com/user/yakara3000/videos
ianburgwin.net/ez3ds/checkfw?model=New&major=10&minor=7&revision=0&nver=32®ion=U
mega.nz/#F!ygc0UTja!2kb5zhQkYwfdJ7nWsyyXfA
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/
ianburgwin.net/ez3ds/model
amazon.com/New-Nintendo-3DS-Super-Mario-Land/dp/B01JSROIBM/
m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00NFCD0RA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
r4ids.cn
mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i was actually thinking of going and buying a 2DS today but what if I brick it?

Follow the guide and you shouldn't have any problems.

An unhacked 2DS is the same as being bricked. Also, the chances of bricking are extremely low unless you intentionally fuck it up

I'm not some poor ass loser who has to steal games.

I'm on v.11 firmware. There's no hope for me at this point and I already own most of the games I want so I might as well keep up my physical collection.

OOOOOH YOU FUCKBOI I TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES 11.0

I'm lazy.

The homebrew scene is decent also though.

I might do it today, what size SD card do I need?

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Firmware-Downgrade/
No excuse
At least 4GB.

That depends, I bought a n3ds cause I thought it'd be at 10.7 but if its at 11 then Im just sol, and will probably beat my kid because of it.

If you want some SNES games on your OG 3DS, here
gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/

argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3802896.htm
I ordered this and it came with 9.9.
I guess that US has more 11.0 consoles.

If I last updated Luma around when Monster Hunter Generations came out, is it safe to update Emunand?

There's nothing interesting to play, back to Cold Steel 2.

Already did desu. Now I'm enjoying DQ7 w/music patch. It's so comfy.

>asshurt DQ fans incoming

Mine hasn't come in the mail yet, I ordered a bundle I assumed was old, but later found out was fairly new.
Both mail, and my daughter show up around the same time today, so it will be interesting to take note of how angry I can get over wasting money.

You know what my problem is with SNES on 3ds. I don't know what emulator is the best one, there is like 4 of them. For now I'm just sticking to the VC releases. Playing MMX3 and Earthbound at the moment.

Why would I be asshurt? I'm enjoying the game.

Has RetroArch gotten any better? I tried it awhile ago on my O3DS and the games I tried ran fine but there was frequent screen tearing. Did they ever get that ironed out?

>tfw i just found a batch of gba CIA's that include japan exculsive translated, backlight fixed, patched versions of english games, wii u vc ports of roms with fixes

i can finally play battle network and get the multiplayer chips ;-;

That one is the best one. Snes9x. It runs 90% of the games I've tried.

Who keeps making these threads? is it just one faggot or /3dsg/

If you have New 3DS, stick to VC. This is for the original 3DS, because we don't have VC SNES.

DQ buyfags get mad about people pirating the game. They blame piracy for the shitty localization of the games.

I found them last night!
CFW 3ds is great. Even though these "Still haven't hacked 3ds yet" threads are getting pretty old now.

not enough fan translations to care about

The DQ Monsters one is finished I think they are just testing it for bugs now. I can't wait.

What are some essential rom hacks/ fan patches? I have the DQVII english symphonic hack and the uncensored Fire Emblems, not really interested in undubs.

call me when SRW BX/UX will be fantranslated

yeah not super sure why somebody keeps making these threads. it's like reverse-shilling and i can't see anyone benefiting from it, other than just trying to keep interest in the scene

there will never be a modern MMBN with online functionalities and a comprehensive library of chips from all the different games ;-;

Links?

>hack 3ds
>all I play is monster hunter which I already physically own

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/274981-mega-160-gba-games-colors-restored-ghosting-begone.html

SRW games rarely get translated passed the menus and maybe unit/attack moves. I've played a few SRW games and desu I don't even know what the hell was going on story wise.

I'm actually that small minority of weirdos who likes to keep everything stock/OEM as much as possible.

Holy shit where can i find it?

I'm perfectly aware of that
I just stated what will get me to hack 3DS, even considering I have spare one to do so.
Aside of that I have enough backlog of already bought games.

>these "Still haven't hacked 3ds yet" threads are getting pretty old now.
At least it's not Anthony Burch or "my wife's son" again.

im stuck on menuhax and rxtools because i dont know how to install a9lh from where i am

>Super Mario Advance 4 with e-reader levels patched in
Noice

Here

I bought a vita

Why the fuck do you care enough to make a thread about this shit every day?
Why do you care what I do with my 3DS? What's it to you?

I'm legitimately curious. Please tell me why you care so much about whether or not I hack my 3DS. It doesn't involve you.

I'm sorry user.

Please tell me it works with old 3ds

>11.0-33
>no hacked 2nd ds
>dont want to hardmod

Im getting one for homebrew later today.

version 11 hack without having to hardmod the 3DS or have a spare hacked 3DS when?

Hack it.

Waiting for Cubic Ninja to come through the mail since the DNS trick didn't work and I got locked out of Browserhax.

>must have a already modded n3ds
YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME

I have one also. But only really use it for GB3. I know most off the weeb games are good but I think I'm reaching the point where I don't find the dialogue in those games fun anymore. And most of the time you're trading off gameplay for fan service.

I normally wouldn't hack a 3DS but considering how many fucking games I have bought have straight up not worked, I'm going to do it.

Fucking half the pokemon games I buy just randomly shut down and there's nothing I can do. Retarded incompetent chinks over there.

>One requires another hacked 3ds
>other requires soldering
I don't even own any soldering tools I thought this was supposed to be free

>he makes this thread every fucking month
fuck off

Literally nothing worth pirating.

month? every day!

There's that new Rhythm Heaven game.

I've sometimes seen it twice a day.
Maybe it's a mod doing these threads? For as much as they come up they never seem to get deleted.

You know what? Fuck you. Dairy Queen makes great food and there's nothing you can do about it. Stop trying to pull us into romhacking discussions.

Enjoy your ice cream made of fucking bubbles dqfag, Wendy's is best.

but i have

i love my 3ds

I did a couple of days ago. Haven't actually played shit on it after that though, even after downloading 30+ games.

I want to hack my 3DS. But before I do I want to know what can I do with home brew. Can I apply special themes or play SNES and GBA games?

There are generals filling up the pages daily.
Do you really think mods care?

>3dsiso
Fuck you faggot. Post the direct dl link or fuck off with with that shitty site.

Whatever, squareburgers.

>special themes
yes
>SNES games
yes although emulation isn't perfect on o3DS
>GBA games
yes

>Wendy's
I sure hope you like some faggot in Florida using your CC info without you knowing.

You should check to see if your locations were hit.

Square burgers > hockey pucks.

>pirating games
Disgusting.

I also don't want to get emulators, custom themes or any of that shit because I actually want to experience the 3DS the way it was meant to be experienced.

I have to buy a game to get CFW because web broswer hax doesn't work.

Fuck that,

I pay cash money.

there must be a way to downgrade a 11.0.0-33 without 2nd ds or hardmod ...

Hell nah Wendy's overated af

Just go and register. You don't need to verify your account so you can register with a false e-mail address.

Can you buy the standard size N3DS buttons to replace the N3DSXL's? I like the solid colors way more than the highlighted letters.

So you enjoy shit dubs, censored garbage, and region locking? How does that Nintendick taste?

Haven't gotten a decent sd card so I can only hold like 2 games on it. Both of those slots are already taken up. Whole process just seems like a pain in the ass for a few games that I'd play once every 6 months.

>shit dubs
That's an opinion. Having a dub is better than having a sub, I think.
>censored garbage
I don't care for censored shit, unlike you. As long as I have fun.
>region locking
It's not like I'm going to buy a 3DS game from another country ever.

It's not that I like Nintendick. It's just that I have *LITERALLY* no reason to take the time to hack my 3DS.

>Haven't gotten a decent sd card so I can only hold like 2 games on it.

A 32 gig micro sd card costs like $10 user.

But I have

I just want an Ace Attorney themed 3DS (i.e. physical case, not menu theme)

Also Phoenix Wright Figma when?

No, the XL buttons are a tiny bit bigger than the regular ones.

Can I still play my new street pass games that I just downloaded yesterday?

Rats

And? I never said money was an issue - I said I don't have one. Combine that with the fact that I'd rarely play those games anyway, and it seems pretty damn apparent that there's no point in me getting an SD card or homebrew anyway.

all there is to play is etrian odyseey

bought an old 3DS because of the memes, do i got a bad one or do they really look this shitty?

How well does it run?

I didnt know what i was doing but followed that guide carefully and had success hacking a 9.00 unit.

go to the pastebin link on /feg/ on /vg/ for the Fire Emblem 14 uncensored stuff

Oh no, it's retarded.

>still have to buy a dongle for v11 firmware

>oh no he has a point, better insult him!
Nice argument, fag.

I'm lazy and don't want to hard mod it.

>11.0
>can't think of one game I would pirate
There you go.

My 3DS is on 4.5 and I still use my Gateway I got a long time ago on my old 3DS xl. Is there a point in messing with these new hacks, like new feature? Or am I good to go already?

So far I've used custom themes and installed DLC/updates with my cart.

piracy = making use of unauthorized copies of authorized copies or unauthorized copies downloaded using unauthorized titlekey dumps from authorized titlekeys for an authorized copy
stealing = taking an authorized copy from an authorized reseller/ retailer/ seller when they aren't looking and not paying for it
also anyone could easily rent a game for cheap and dump an unauthorized copy and share it on the internet but these days with freeshop anyone with a hacked 3DS who buys digitally can dump and share their titlekeys on the database so others can get it for free. either way someone has to pay for the game. in fact I'd say freeshop is better since making it more convenient than installing a dump means someone is required to buy it the first time and you can't refund digital games afaik except maybe selling it as used through Gamestop's digital used games selling service. someone can steal a physical copy and make a copy of it so no one buys that copy first before it is pirated. at least freeshop requires 1 person to actually buy it and dump the titlekeys. 1 guaranteed sale that leads to unauthorized copy is better than actual theft. so once again I have to post this same bullshit every single thread attempting to knock down this stale misconception that piracy is stealing. again, piracy is piracy. not theft. does that make it all that less bad? not really. but it can't be compared the same way because it isn't. stop calling it stealing because that's just uneducated and ignorant. it belongs in a grey area.

>he still uses Gateway
>2016

if you're willing to risk downgrading to 2.0 to dump the OTP key, Luma+ A9LH and freeshop is superior to all 3DS hacking right now. unless you already installed all the games you wanted. 3DS piracy has reached piracy of the future though.

>he has a point
>"I am an idiot consumerist"
Hell of a point buddy.

Good choice, vita is objectively better

Not a poorfag and I literally bought it for like 3 JRPGs that will last me a shitton of bus rides. I have a card for my DS but even with the entire library at my disposal I just didn''t play that many games on it. It barely makes a difference if I buy or pirate for a handheld, I only play when I'm bored.

Everytime I hacked my 3DS it crashed my console

>Downgrade my 3DS thinking that I'll finally be able to play games
>There's barely any games I want to play
>Realize most of the games I feel I missed out on are actually DS games

I can use a flash cart right? Which one is gud?

It's hard to brick unless you're literally mentally challenged. If you can follow simple instructions step by step, you will have no problems.

Can you download DLC directly from freeshop ? Can't find them

I imported my 3DS from Japan so I never had the need to hack anything, but now that the lifetime of the console is nearing it's end I might as well give it a try.

No idea what to do after I hack it though.

Click the icon thats a controller at the top, it'll show your currently installed games. Click the game you want and if theres updates or dlc, there will a button to download it

>ghosting begone

I read that disabling the ghosting effect might leave burn-in like effects. Might be only be the case with certain effects in certain games like FZero...

i want to but i need a bigger SD card,i'm still on 10.7 so i have a chance yet
i'm still have some questions though:
i'm still using the original card the 3ds came with, copy and pasting the files and saves to a new sd card shouldn't be any problems right?
is a fresh out of the box 32gb sd card made by kingstone good enough?
once the process is done, can i still update the firmware to 11 , and the same for the mii plaza?
if i want to get another card, i don't have to do any other process other than copy and pasting files and saves again?

mine is japanese. browserhax wont let me hax all the way.

I don't really feel the need to tbhq. I have no problem buying the games I want to play.

Pretty good honestly. Just tried Super Punch out and it's honestly flawless. Only problem that I have is the fact that full screen mode is way too blurry.

Make sure that freeshop is updated. The DLC is on YOUR game list.

How good are the homebrew emulators on o3ds's with only homebrew and no CFW?
Do they run ok?

I just hacked mine last night. So far I downloaded Four Swords and New Leaf. I want to get a lot more, but I need a larger SD card. I didn't really pay much attention and only noticed it was the stock 4GB card in there still.

I know the FAQ says it only supports SDHC cards (up to 32 GB), but if I get an SDXC card (64 or 128) will I have any problems?

How easy is it to just copy everything from my hacked SD card to another SD card? I could follow the directions again but it took like an hour and a half with nand dumps. I read something quickly about emuNAND but I have no idea what that is.

Kinda new to this type of thing, how do I set up freeshop? All I have so far is FBI, BootNTR (which doesn't seem to work on the latest system version), LumaUpdater, and Homebrew.

Read the FAQ on the github page under the question asking how to pirate games. There's a link to it.

Hello fellow Cred Forums users, I hope to not take too much of your time but I have a dilemma. I recently just bought a used 3ds xl and I would like to "hack" it seeing everyone else's success in doing so. But my problem is that when I check my 3ds version it's says that it is Ver.9.8.0 . Is this version too old to hack or am I okay with going forward in the hacking process? Thank you for reading this and I hope that you all have a wonderful rest of your day.

rich people and corporations could probably afford to pay higher taxes too, but why bother when they don't have to?

Already played all the worthwhile games on it. Too late.

Anyone?

you don't have to pirate your games. I actually mod 3DS games or uncensor my games more than I actually download games. I bought most of my games at first and then I started to hack my 3DS and use mods on Fire Emblem Awakening. it was really only until I realized Fire Emblem 14 would be censored for all the lewd content and "localized" with garbage dialogue that I didn't even bother buying the NoA version and undubbing/ uncensoring it as by the time it even came out the prepatched fan translated Japanese version .cia came out and it was easier to just install that than to waste time and money on buying censored localized garbage and uncensoring and undubbing it. I did pirate Hyrule Warriors Legends and all the DLC for it for no reason other than saving money though. I have been going on Freeshop and not downloading anything because I don't want to play any of the games I actually find on there lately. so I just use cool mods on 3DS games now. there are advantages to hacking a 3DS besides just piracy.

Homebrew it for most of the PS1s library

Wait can I uncensor Fire Emblem and still keep it in English?

anyone?

Can i play DS games on my 3ds yet?

>"is 9.8.0 too old to hack"
lmfao
below 4.5 is "too old to hack"
and even then 2.0 is the firmware to be on to dump the OTP key for A9LH so Luma custom firmware can exploit the 3DS and run system patches at boot so that system updates can't interfere with these system patches. most people new to this stuff ask if their firmware is too new. just follow the plailect guide. your version is perfect.

Just download the freeshop cia and install it using fbi, then Google freeshop enc title key and put the key.bin file in the freeshop/key/ directory

You're fine, no need to worry as long as you haven't updated to v11

Not natively, you'll need a flashcart

ask /feg/ on /vg/
although they have it in their pastebin so I wouldn't even ask. maybe if you ask TharjaAnon himself nicely and tell him Tharja is best girl, he'll spoonfeed you exactly where to look in the pastebin.

they need to hurry

Eh, if it's in the pastebin I'll see into that

if you have any more questions, TharjaAnon has a hacked 3DS, too. just ask him and I'm sure he'll like the attention and answer your noob questions.

I've already seen through your disguise

You are TharjaAnon.

If i explained myself every time this thread was posted, i wouldn't have time left to take a shit!

You're a goddamn hooligan

I agree, playing ds games on my phone is not nearly as satisfying, and I'm not buying one off of cl anytime soon. People in my area seem to think they are still with 100+ dollars

There aren't many good DS games to play too outside of:

>Ghost Trick
>999
>Ace Attorney Investigation 1 & 2 and AJ (since trilogy is at 3DS)
>Hotel Dusk
>Professor Layton and the Curious Village
>The World Ends With You

Nothing else is worth playing

>not shitposting in the bathroom while taking a shit
you're a disgrace to shitposters

>Im a poorfag dirty pirate so everyone else has to be one as well

HAHAHAHA, no.

I'm 2lazy to look up what to do next if I already have a gateway with emunand setup

What Github page?

I didn't because my hacked machine is a 2DS

>tfw you want to buy a game but you know you can get it for free
Guys help, what do?

nope. TharjaAnon uses his trip on Cred Forums too
there was a Tharja thread a while back and he wanted everyone to "back off of his waifu"
I am what you would call a misguided TharjaAnon appearance lurker. an acquaintance. /feg/ keeps making the meme mistake of confusing people that reference TharjaAnon for himself. and it looks like the meme spread to Cred Forums.

That's a matter of opinion really, pokemon, a few srpgs and other weeb games interest me. I didn't get to get very far into strange journey or the old etrian games

>pokemon
>srpgs
>weeb games
Should have gotten a Vita except for pokemon of course.

get it for free and if you love it buy it.
it's not hard science

I have one too, I bounce around between games a lot. I usually play through at least two games at a time, right now it's dt2 and smt iv, I want to finish iv before playing final

>im a spic
>i cant find a good guide in spanish for retards
>im scared of trying the english guide cus is too complicated and i may fuck up badly and end up bricking it

in conclusion cus spics dont deserve good thinks

hey that bleach dark souls game is fucking sweet

DSTTi is pretty great or an R4

Is 3dsthem.es kill?

No it's still there, I didn't really like too many of the themes I found though. Chmm2 sports a theme browser right from the 3ds now

Make sure you format larger cards (64-128) to FAT32. If you go the full length of the guide, you can simply copy paste. If you still have emunand/sysnad thing going on, try looking for an EmuNAND SD transfer tool on GBAtemp.

Think of emuNAND and sysNAND as a dual boot of your firmware. emuNAND allows you to pirate/downgrade and the other should never be updated. You won't need it once you finish the guide.

How do I play >32mb games on n3ds without using virtual console? I'm itching for some Mario RPG and Dream land 3.

I'd look around on gbatemp I'm sure there is a thread for info like that

Did a long ass time ago.
Is there any decent screenshot app yet?

NTR is the only one I've seen so far.

I have been wanting to pick up an n3ds, just been too lazy to check to see if units from retailers have firmware that can be cracked still

NTR
I tried HANS, but it doesn't boot half the games I want to play.

So you can't use browserhax anymore on 11.0.0-33 due to the new version being required to use the browser?
Is there any way to bypass this?

yes

I literally do not even care.

Can I install game updates through freeShop?

yes

Yes and dlc

I just got this in the mail. Imma follow a guide or something of course but are there any games I'll need to buy before I sit down and get started?

Wow I forgot the image

idky but modifying my games and consoles has always seemed wrong to me. My PS1 and 2 aren't even chipped.

I'm on 1.02 and I can't access the browser so I'm totally fucked.

>Not being handheld idort

>Screenshots without miiverse
>Streaming
>Using n3ds cpu on every game for a smooter experience
>Save backups

eww a vita

Yo I got 10.7.0-32U but It seems that browserhax was patched on this update, any free entrypoint that doesn't require another DS??

Gonna pick one of the new new 3ds's that's slim and has faceplates next month

which monster hunter is the best on it?

Strange, hblauncher never starts for me but everything else did.

It's hacked without it but I feel like I'm missing something by not having the hb launcher.

Many say MH4U, but i think i preferred MHGen.

Doesn't run doki doki panic or tetris attack without slowdown. Fuck off.

Great thanks I will try it out then.

Is there a good GBA emulator?

You might use a wing payload for it. Depending on how your 3ds is set up you might have to edit a file. You will barely need it either way

Eh, like you said I will probably not need it either way, and I won't be fucking with the files since I got it working with no problems anyway. The cias install and load and that's all I need.

you dont need to download any gba emulators for 3ds. just install the cia like any other 3ds game/ it runs flawlessly

Most homebrew now comes as cia either way

>he hasnt hacked his vita yet

this. fucking this. god damn it

Would Max Stirner have hacked his consoles?

Already bought all the games I wanted for it years ago. Don't know what firmware I have right now since I haven't turned it on in over a year now.

I have enough portable emulation machines laying around that there's literally no reason for me to do it at this point. Too little too late. DS got hacked early so it saved me some money plus the DS library was far and away more varied and better.

What game is that?

Eiyuu Senki ENG with the porn CGs/scenes patched back in

Follow the instructions and you wont brick it, once you get A9LH it's literally impossible to brick it.

Does that work on pstv or regular vita only?

I dunno mate, I don't have a pstv, its just installed as a regular .vpk like any other thing so I would assume it works on pstv

Heres the mega
mega:#!FEICkL6Z!UnXslKyY8E-aCCkGIOAm5ZFwEIQu-_I4cqyi-Opz0Iw

Awesome, thanks.

Cant decide whether I should hack my pstv or not. Its on 3.18. I have a vita with henkaku, and I don't know whether I should go through the hassle of hacking the pstv for psp and ps1 or just update for henkaku then install some vitashit to play with a controller

best choice.

Browserhax works on 10.7 my man

Considering how autistic /hbg/ can be, I wouldn't doubt a faggot from there is making these threads

wasnt the datebypass fixed??

I hacked my 3DS long ago, using RXTools orr something like this, what should I do to be able to run old DS flashcarts?

You don't need to buy a thing to get started hacking. You can start by performing the web browser exploit, it's a bit tricky to run the first time though but run it once and you can set up Menuhax to simplify the downgrading process.

Starting to think these threads are made by somebody trying to single-handedly destroy nintendo

p sure the -32 update fixed that

>literally dead device with no big titles ever to come out on it again
>destroying any profits

Come now. I see no harm in hacking these things at the end of their life. Everyone who wanted games for it bought them a while back. Nintendo's not making games anymore they're shifting focus to the NX to inevitably probably resell """"""""""remastered"""""""""" 3DS games on it that will sell.

here my retarded friend
youtube.com/user/yakara3000/videos

According to ianburgwin.net/ez3ds/checkfw?model=New&major=10&minor=7&revision=0&nver=32®ion=U browserhax wont work so your best option is probably try to get a copy of freakyforms deluxe. I'm planning to buy a regular sized n3ds with the super mario land bundle and it comes with the same version so I'm gonna do the same.

Is the IPS screen worth the hassle of trying to acquire one? It's kinda inconvenient for me to go to different stores looking for one but I don't wanna feel like I'm getting jewed with an inferior screen.

isn't cubic ninja cheaper?

I haven't turned my 3DS on in a year and a half. I haven't even unboxed my N3DSXL yet and I bought it the day they came out.

I'm just waiting for there to be more games that I want to play before I bother to install cfw.

Oh shit that's possible now? I've been keeping my Vita in a drawer until the day came.

I probably won't because of the shitty fucking memory cards, but I would appreciate more information.

sharing my 3d rick and morty menuhax boot screen.

There won't be much of anything left to come out.

NX is being focused on now obviously and from all leaked info it's a combo of their mainline system and usurper to 3DS.

also sharing a dr. who 3d one i made for my other 3ds.

>tfw I first hacked in 2014 when ninjhax was first released

Who's been hacking since the start Cred Forums?

I guess now is the time. What's the largest SD card size I can use? I've got up to 512gb (200gb on a micro for the n3dsxl) but I have a feeling that won't work.

I searched around and couldnt find cubic ninja anywhere. freakyforms deluxe is available at a ebgames near me for 15-20 canadian dollars.

ooh I saw it at around 50 usd on ebay while CN was 30-40usd

my current custom theme, made it with stuff from google images

What's CTCP7 supposed to be?

is there a single game worth playing on the 3ds?

HARDMODE: no pokemon
DANTE MUST DIE: no weebshit in general

lol no weebshit wtf you think this is? A vita thread?

it's a mario kart 7 mod, it's all tracks from other games, you can create the cia with tools from the gbatemp thread

>>It's not that I like Nintendick. It's just that I have *LITERALLY* no reason to take the time to hack my 3DS.
>Screenshots without Miiverse
>Custom themes
>Native region free meaning you can buy a Japanese or other region cart, pop it in, and it will work like a game of your region.
Though you need to go the extra step and emulate language or you could run into problems, but that's a one-time setup that takes less than a minute so complaining about it isn't that bad. You also do have to pirate DLC/patches if that's a deal breaker, getting foreign eShop access is a pain in the ass and requires you to make a different region EmuNAND and a whole other set of nonsense.
Even if you don't plan on buying from Japan, this means Rhythm Heaven Megamix physical, I'd assume Picross 3D 2 physical unless Europe only gets it digitally, and you can import the Phoenix Wright trilogy and play it in English.
>Save backups even if they have encryption so shit like Pokemon Shuffle saves will never disappear and you can give yourself infinite Picrites/Poke Diamonds/Jewels in the Freemium games.
>Homebrew access in general which gives you full control over your device, access to emulators, and all other sorts of goodies.
>The ability to translation patch foreign games or use undubs/uncensor patches if you choose to.
>The ability to use Nintendo's custom VC emulator and inject roms into them.

and for N3DS
>Literally 1.5x to 2x the framerate when using a N3DS because you can remove the underclocking the N3DS does to itself when playing O3DS games.
>Streaming your game without a capture card

Granted, emulation is piracy in a sense, but everything else is still reason enough to spend the hour, and not only is it completely invisible to Nintendo, but once you do it it can never be patched out unless you purposely remove it which requires actually using a bunch of homebrew to do it.

Go back to Walmart and say "It doesn't work"

That's all, user. They don't give a fuck.

I Would, but browserhax is down right now.

This nigga knows what's up.

>Streaming your game without a capture card
WHOA
HORY SHET DID NOT KNOW THAT

I'm totally gonna unbox my n3ds now, what's the biggest microsd I can slap in that thing?

64 or 128 if I remember right, but you need to format it into Fat32(There's a program out there that can do this, just Google around for it). Keep in mind it's not perfect, it flies around 20-30 FPS constantly, and the streaming itself is dependent on your wi-fi signal.

128 gb. Format it to FAT 32 though.

Why do people always want the most memory possible? All that leads to is you filling it up with games you'll never play only because you got so many to choose from. I got 32g and that's only because I know that if I flood the 3DS with games I'll just end up not playing anything. If piracy has taught me anything is to limit the games I pirate so I don't loose interest. It's not like there going anywhere.

you can't mod it without an alternate entry point right now anyways. so don't bother.

>had a n3ds xl in 11.0 and a vita on 3.61
>accept that i'll never be able to hack them
>some guy wants to exchange his vita and o3ds for a n3ds xl
>do it, hack the vita and sell the o3ds
>buy the n3ds super mario bundle that comes with 10.7 and hack it
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW
PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE

i bought it on release, what was the current firmware when it came out?

nice, i got that

Does anyone had a decent hardmod tutorial?

im loyal to nintendo. so sue me.

Cred Forums wish they're as lucky as you user. Loving the n3ds and hope you love yours.

Not your firmware, browserhax the free homebrew entrypoint isn't working right now. All the other entry's require extra purchases, or an already hacked 3ds

Hard Mode:
in Spanish

i do man, gundam breakers 3 and smt iv apocalypse

I have a shit ton of physical games from back when I did play, what do I need?

Also I have a buddy that who I installed a cfw for, I'll go bug him and look a guide for that if I need to.

Got this in the mail 2 hours ago. Still do not have a hacked 3ds. Work in an hour.
Boy am I pissed.

NTR is the way you screenshot. People were asking AuroraWright if it was possible to just integrate it into Luma directly and the answer was a no since apparently NTR hooks into the system in a way that's only possible after the exploits are already in place or something.

god damn the mario and yellow face plates are ugly what the fuck

Why wouldn't it?
Contribooting with the BN2 prototype, Medabots, and a based Castlevania romhack

Smash Bros and Linux
Zelda OOT and a Powersaves
Freakyforms Deluxe
Cubic Ninja
and then Sticker Star, Super Mystery Dungeon, ORAS, and another 3ds that's hacked

It's hacked now and there's people working on bootleg memory cards.

>link didn't go through
???

mega.nz/#F!ygc0UTja!2kb5zhQkYwfdJ7nWsyyXfA

Can I system transfer if I hack another 3ds? Will I keep my saves?

i have access to all of those

>working on
not good enough

but the tutorial says that between 10.7 and 11.0 you just need to skip the set the date and initializing save data parts

>and Linux
why linux?

I have LITERALLY NO EXCUSE to

Say I bought this Kamen Rider Ghost game that nobody dumped yet, wat do

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/

whatever, seems easy enough

thanks anons

>want the better 3D of the N3DS, along with Isaac and Hyrule Warriors
>don't want the awful pixel density and massive size to go along with it
>Can't get non-XL model

Fuck my life mon

I'm stuck on 11.0 and I cant fucking solder fuck

>tfw you sold your 3DS 2 years ago and regret it because of this

Check with ianburgwin.net/ez3ds/model
It depends on the specific revision

>owning a 3DS
>not just keeping an eye on Citra while you play worthwhile games on your PC

I tried this, I cannot install Unbuntu
is there another fucking way to run the .sh file?

I was in to hacking my stuff up till PS3 era. Had a chip in my PSX, same with PS2. Hacked my PSP and DS.

Now I kinda regret never building a library of games back then, I'm not into hacking my stuff. I'm not a NEET to play all the games that come out, I bought No No Kuni when it came out and still haven't finished it, and I just finished Zelda LBW on my 3DS. Why should I hack? Because they censored some stuff? Nothing new, it's just now that you noticed it - no one cares when they censor "oh my god" from Luigi or beers in Wario, but suddenly less cleavage should somehow make me drop a game.

Though I still only buy 3DS Fire Emblem games used, because fuck them for the shifty translation job - censorship is one thing, being bad at your job is another.

So yeah, grandpa will play some MH4U and I'll let you kids run around and think how you're certainly fighting the good fight, by fucking over the only console that has actual good titles and gives you what you paid for, while later you duck Sony/Microsoft dick by paying for online and whatever other bullshit they'll think of next.

But op. I did. Back in January.

I downgraded to 9.2 and was in the process of doing the luma shit , but the step where i have to put the sdcard back into my computer and delete the 0f folder , my sd card became unreadable and bricked so i lost everything

My 3ds wont turn on again , i press the power button and it turns blue but doesnt stay on , im fucked arent I?

>Can't get non-XL model
amazon.com/New-Nintendo-3DS-Super-Mario-Land/dp/B01JSROIBM/
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If I buy a brand new N3DSXL , it won't be 11.0 right? So I don't need to downgrade or any shit like that... Right ?

Nope. .sh is a Linux only file.

Why he coded it to run only on Linux is beyond me.

>requires hardmodding or another fucking hacked 3DS

I'm in South America user. Only imports are XL models.

When are we going to get DS games? I don't want to buy a flashcart.

I'm on 11.0.033U
And I don't want to hard mod

Use this and match serial numbers. Pray that they didn't update for you or its fresh and never opened.

m.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/50ovhy/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_september_2016/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Got my N3ds XL for $140 that was 10.7.

idk what I'm doing wrong I initialize the save data and scan the QR and still get the update browser message.
P sure it prolly doesn't work with 10.7.0-32
what is ebay???

fuck, can i still use menuhax then?

it is free if you're not a fucking dipshit that immediately installs every update to your factory issue 3ds, you simpleton

you deserve being stuck with 11.0 desu

DS ROM LOADING WHEN

Fucking hell I really want to get a 3DS and do this but my god it's fucking difficult to find this shit where I live. I'm just gonna have to get lucky.

All those Castlevanias alone are worth owning a DS/buying a flashcart.

Also looking forward to play Contra 4, never tried it.

Browserhax should still be able to work if your browser itself hasn't been updated to match your system. Its only blocked on 10.7.0-32 and above if you've updated or it's asked you to update.

So what fw version do I need for a9lh? Anything below 11.0?

That says "Any firmware below 11.1.0 or below" yet I see a lot of people desperate to get a 3DS below 11.0... Why is that?

I smell great taste from here user.

>mfw Browserhax is blocked on the version that I bought.

Had to buy Cubic Ninja to get Homebrew to downgrade

It is ugly but at least not as slippery as the mario maker one.

Because 3DSes 11.0 and up you need to solder 3 wires or already have a 3DS that's hacked and buy DSiware to get Homebrew.

Because the only way to hack at 11.0/.1 is either by already having a hacked 3ds or hardmodding with soldering.

Thanks for sharing dear user.

AW fuck. Just gotta get lucky then.

Does a 10.7 work well enough or do I need to try and find a 9.2?

wtf is diagaea infinite???

10.7 works fine, you can get a n3ds bundle with 10.7 for 140 - 180 if you don't have a 3ds/willing to pay money to hack one.

So my 3DS is 11.0 already because I bought it used. Does gateway/any flashcart work or am I fucked?

if i hack my 3ds console may i still play my original games?

Yes. You can go even further beyond and digitalize your physical collection by installing the CIAs and backing up / restoring your savefiles into them.

>all these goddamn latefags scrambling around desperately trying to hack their 3ds only to find out they are 11.0 and boned.

you idiots. you imbeciles! i been making these threads for months now. diligently reminding people and asking them why they haven't hacked their 3ds. you laughed at me, called me a shill, a poorfag, a faggot!

well whos laughing now huh? who is LAUGHING NOW!?

Late reply, but thank you for the help. I'll buy a 64 or 128 off of Amazon tonight.

V11.0 and no soldering iron ;(

>Didn't use 3DS since Alpha Sapphire
>Load it up last night to try this
>Considered updating
>Read that it doesn't work for 11.x
>Version 9.6 or some shit currently on it

Thank god.

So I have it hacked now, but I need to replace the SD card. If I copy all the files over will it copy save files too? I want to play some New Leaf, but don't want to start just to have to restart in a few days.

should have bought the mario 3d world bundle. brand new comes on a firmware thats always good for hacking. you're fucked. i don't know shit about that gateway crap except that it sucks. nothing beats a9lh, and you might as well say fuck it then.

>I'm not willing to pay for this game but it's still worth my time

You need to do something with your life.

You can get 10.7 but browserhax is blocked so you'll have to either get Cubic Ninja, oot3d with powersaves or other things to get homebrew to be able to downgrade to 9.2.

How do you hack it, browserhax is down.

no you need to do something with yourself instead of trying so fucking hard to irritate people with your hardly sensible suggestions. nobody cares. keep buying those games while i get them for free moron.

Coordinated shilling like nobody's business.

Remember, he makes these threads and shills them every day. For free.

Inb4 11.0 and 11.1 get support. It happened with 10.5 it'll happen again

I don't even know what the fuck I did so I can't help you.

I just followed the instructions on this link to the letter and I have a hacked 3DS. Simple as fuck.

Are there any essential tools or anything I should get on my newly hacked 3DS?

FBI, DeSmuME, I don't know. I use my 3DS when I feel like playing Hyrule Warriors. That's about it.

Wish Wii U had pirate DLC support.

freeshop, jksm and bootntr off the top of my head

ntr cfw for screenshot and overclock and cheat
freeShop for free e-shop.

Somebody add some more please.

freeshop and ciangel for direct 3ds/dlc downloads.

jksv save manager for save managing/exporting/importing and 300 play coins for the fuck of it

big blue menu/fbi although fbi works like shit when you try to install a cia.

Cool do all of these install with a CIA file or is it more conplicated?

What are play coins for?

you know the play coin counter on the 3ds home menu at the top? it is underused but there are actually some games that use them, like tales of the abyss i think. it's usually for mii plaza stuff.

yeah cia install thats it

with ntr what can you "cheat" on

Ok, got to part 3, section IV of the guide, and I'm now stuck.

>If you are on Old 3DS and do not have any usable NAND backups, you can just Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version with the System Settings. Yes this is safe.

How do I do this?

you mean how do you update the system? you go to settings, and then you go to where it says update system software?

Wait this guide used to have 5 steps, and at happened?

Go into your system settings, other settings, go to the right and click system update

got shorter

I used to have rxtools but it doesn't seem to work anymore. What should I do to update to a current firmware? Possible to keep all my games and save data?

Luma.
It's literally extracting some files and overwriting, without any loss if you don't want to do the A9LH crap

One problem:

she ain't bootin'.

I can load Luma and Hourglass fine (select and start), but just letting it boot gives me a black screen.

What do?

What is A9LH?

Some new thing that adds 100% boot rate and other things, but you need to downgrade again and shit.

Once I get a9lh running, I can just update from Luma updater + system settings, right?

Improvements, tools do more for the user

I hacked mine awhile ago. Haven't played any other systems since. And I get to play my 3DS in between calls at work (I work at a call center). It was my favorite system before I hacked it, but now its always with me.

Strange. maybe you skipped a step or did one wrong?
If you get no replies, I'd post on r/3dshacks

If you copy the files from one SD card to the other, you're fine. There's no second partition bullshit unless you have an emuNAND (which most people don't if they followed the guide)

me too user. whered you get that cool case? and whats that them? also do you use a screen protector?

Restore your NAND backup. It's always good to have one or two on hand. And in the cloud. And on a separate physical media device. Backup the backups yo

>and whats that them?
Wut?

>whered you get that cool case?
Amazon Japan. It's the Hori TPU case. You can buy the XL version in the states, but the standard N3DS one is hard tome come buy.
amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00NFCD0RA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd love to, except the guide said I didn't need one, as the section I'm now stuck on would address it. I DID backup the things it said to.

>>and whats that them?
Oh, you mean theme. It's a theme for the movie The Third Man that I put together. And I do use a screen protector.

>Backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)
>If you don't have enough space and this is skipped, just continue with the instructions; Part 3 accounts for this possibility

this bit

cool theme dude have you uploaded it to 3dsthem.es?

So how do TPU cases feel? I never had one. From what I've heard they're like light plastic kind of things, right? I was going to get one since having a N3DS without one is asking for horrible scratches on the expensive faceplates.

Like spending your time shitposting on Cred Forums about how ebuil piracy is.

I know its not normies making these posts, since piracy of TV, film and music is ubiquitous amongst even the most normal of normalfriends, and there's no stigma there to the point where it's basically meme level. They don't take some moral stand against piracy.

You idiots are only on Cred Forums, and considering the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck why would I pay attention to what a bunch of very fat virgins have to say about my media consumption habits?

But I did. Bought the LoZ special edition specifically for homebrew. I don't even use the damn thing. Feels good being rich lads.

time is worth a lot less than money tbqh

>Rich
>Owns an XL
BAHAHAHAHA

It's feels a bit rubbery, though not flimsy like a silicone case. It's a good middle ground between a clear hard plastic case and a silicone one. It feels a lot nicer than both and doesn't scratch up like a hard plastic case, also offers more protection if dropped. I love them.

Thanks, and yeah, it's on there. looks like the site is down now though. When it's back, search The Third Man.

>Getting a console with less battery power

ty man, may i play online too?

Noice

yes

yes. im playing monster hunter online right now and ive hacked my 3ds many many months ago. you can still do that stuff

yes you may play online sweetheart. thanks for asking

yes

I don't understand. I bought the ""new"" 3ds. A "scalped" (is this even a word) one at that.

>He makes the same 3DS hack thread every week

explain yourself

>Use a cia to install The new AA
>Infinitely loads if I try to launch it
>Use the QR code with FBI and try install it that way
>Still stuck with infinite loading

Guess I'm stuck playing other shit. I take it not many other people have this problem?

I'm running a9hl and I'm up to date so I dunno what's up.

you are the only person in the entire world to ever have that problem and there is not a single person that can solve it for you

Never ever.

I didn't think I was literally the only one to have that but searching around I didn't find people specifically having problems with Spirit of Justice, and broadening to just "Game infinitely loading" just brought me threads that said "Just send it in bro :^)" or "I didn't have that problem :^)"

I was hoping someone in this thread could recognize the issue but I guess I'll keep digging and trying.

Try updating to the latest firmware. Same thing happened to me when I was trying to play Pokemon Yellow on 10.something.

I'm running Rxtools but want to switch to a9lh because the former is unreliable and archaic. From what I understand, this is impossible without browserhax, which I can't currently access because I'm too scared to download the 11.1 update on my emunand and fuck my shit up. I can't get on the internet without the update.

I see "no browser" guides on the github page, but they all require physical copies of games I don't have. Am I fucked, or is Rxtools safe to run menuhax after the 11.1 update?

install gentoo

let me dream

why would i? i use the 3ds only to play pokemon

IDK, I'm okay paying for games.

I only need to know the following:

- How do I backup my files?

- Is there any guide to install this new hack on my 3DS? I only have that one that boots via web browser . (3ds is still in the V4.3)

-Is the install of new games easier/shorter than before? I want to keep my saves, btw.

Polite and accurate responses will be appreciated.

What do you mean infinite loading? Does it get stuck at the Nintendo 3DS black and red screen?
If that's it, then open the e-shop, go the Spirit of Justice site and then try to start the game again, that should fix it.

This isn't all about money or piracy. Cfw give you a complete access to your system and your games. It allow you to do mods and run nifty apps made by the community. You can still buy cartridges or eshop titles with it.

>Cfw give you a complete access to your system and your games. It allow you to do mods and run nifty apps made by the community.

I guess this just doesn't interest me.

Yeah that's it. Will that method work without freeShop or should I pick that up first?

Can someone upload a completed save file for US version for Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice? Mine got corrupted

how does that happen? i hope none of my saves get corrupted. seems unlikely

I was messing around with the game files and I forgot to back up the save file like an idiot.

Can I get a tl;dr on the best experience for installing CFW on a 3DS?

I've already installed CFW on a ps3, psp, and wii

Which 3DS should I buy? New 3DS, old one, XL, etc.? Im not a nintendo babby so all the models I don't know much about

Can I buy a new one and install CFW or are they all patched? I would like to buy a brand new top of the line 3DS that will have the best performance in games

Get a N3DS with a firmware under 11.0

N3DS has a lot more benefits than older models but you're better off just asking /hbg/ on /vg/ and googling around.

Just try freeshop or ciangel.

I hope someone rips Severed soon.

because im not a poorfag or a thieving nigger

Yeah, you're just a regular nigger.

no you're just an ignorant fag thinking the only benefit to hacking your 3ds is to steal games. guarantee you've pirated shit like music or videos in the past, so give this high and mighty shit a rest.

>Ice Cream made of fucking bubbles.

I go to the local super racist asian supermarket and get boba tea there, if I want things with fucking bubbles.

>MFW Mango Boba.

I wanted to ask some stuff first before hacking my 3DS:

Can I still access the eShop or play games I bought via eShop?
Can I still play with people via Internet or assuming my friend really gets Pokémon Sun/Moon can I play and trade with him?

I havent had a reason to go out and do it yet but I probably will soon thanks to region lock.

I want to get that complete Sega 3D Archives collection coming out this holiday and theres no way Sega is gonna bother localizing it, and the 3DS Taiko games seem fun too.

Yes
Yes
Yes

That's awesome!! So, what's the catch, then?? Can Nintendo ban you if they notice you hacked your 3DS?
Can you still play the 3DS games you bought as cartridges?

>wii
Shit I never got around to that after how many years?
Wii homebrew is easily as piss right? I'm guessing all the guides are 5+ years old and buried in the depths of the Internet.

No catch..
Nintendo will not know
Yes

no catch and nintendo cant do anything to you. you can do literally everything you could do before and more now

>... UNRECOVERABLE brick. They're rare, but still a possibility...
Does that mean I can throw the 3DS into the trash can when that happens?

if you happen to get struck by lightning twice in the middle of summet

nintendo cant do shit brudda. once its hacked brudda, youll have access to every game, from the past, and the future mah brudah

Import seed with FBI you baka.

Tl;dr

All I know, is you mad.

>buy a flashcart
>it doesn't work
this sucks, I just wanted to play Ouendan on my DS Lite again.

wrong/outdated firmware files probably

I dont suppose you could help me fix that? I've googled everything but I can't get my card to work and I really dont want to have to send it back

A gift from god. No, seriously. 100% boot rate and completely recoverable from bricking so long as you back up your shit. It's fucking fantastic.

Didnt your r4 come with instructions?
id try going to
r4ids.cn
Also if that doesnt work GBAtemp may have some threads that could help you out. good luck

For those on 11.0: there's an exploit on 11.1 that works, you know. In fact it was updated today.

Only requirement is owning Pokemon ORAS, also shit like freakyhax and ninjahax also work on 11.1.

my n3ds is 11.x+

Kill me.

Do I still need a second hacked 3DS or need to know how to solder?

I have an Acekard 2i

If the firmware is low enough, will it work?

it actually is very unbiased.

You can't have an argument and not fucking bother reading the other half of the argument, fucker.

Literally 10 years old.

So is the process of Free Shit easier to do nowadays?

since the games that i buy on that system don't get enough support and sales as is and you all are the problem with the current rehash market we see today.

hope one day that nintendo bricks all ya shit

I hacked mine on 10.7 using the original SD card (2GB). Yes, copy+pasting is all you have to do.

only if you didn't get the haxx that existed on 11.0 when you had the chance, otherwise buy cube ninja i guess

If you give me instructions on how to do it, I totally will.

Yes, a9lh+luma is very easy to set up now that the process has been refined

Waiting to buy a new one before potentially bricking my current.

>Pretty hyped for all dem GBA games
>Download is about to finish
>"Oh you exceeded your bandwith, wait 6 hours or pay PRO services"

So... anyone knows how to bypass this crap?

Your bitching won't stop this thread ever.

Roll over in salt you whiner.

Can you take screenshots with a hacked 3DS like with a CFW PSP?

yeah. look up ntr cfw

mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng

He's actually too late for browserhax. Browserhax is broken right now for 10.7.

He needs to do a primary exploit or secondary exploit.

i guess it's finally time
i bought a n3dsxl from target today and it's on 9.8

what do?

plailect's guide

Browserhax to get Homebrew to downgrade to 9.2.

Follow this word for word.

thank ye kindly, off to pirate video games

New 3DS supports overclocking in all games, but only when hacked. You'll still have garbage resolution but performance is solid. XL or regular is up to you, and buy one that's on a firmware strictly below 11.0

is your console hacked?

No thanks.

I don't mind paying for games, because I have enough expendable income to afford them.

Why should i, can i pirate games and play them for $free.99?

what are the pros and cons

it can be

What are the chances the n3DS's at Gamestop will be under 10.?

Even if you never pirate a hacked 3ds will have more features than a normal one

yes
pros: free shit
cons: costs an hour of your life

If it's a physical game, you can use decrypt9wip to dump it to a .cia file that CFW users can install.
If it's a digital game, you can use decrypt9wip to dump its titlekey which can be uploaded to the titlekey database, where CFW users will be able to pirate it with freeShop.

Charge your 3ds and don't use n3ds files on o3ds and vice versa and the chances are pretty much 0

can i still play games online? i play smash with my friend from time to time

yes, including pirated games

Neet, ill have to give this a shot tomorrow

Only on ips screens

Oh wow it was actually this simple all along. Here I was thinking I had to use that mGBA emulator. Thanks.

How do I know what screen I have?

You faggots are awful.

>have friends with 3dses
>tell them back in february they should hack while the hacking's good
>are lazy and put it off
>install updates
>fire emblem comes out
>"Can I still hack it so I can play the uncensored patch?"
>no you stupid faggot you patched the goddamn thing
>new entry point
>hey good news nigger you get one more chance
>they are lazy again
>update
>"user how I hack"

ad infinitum for months. I'm gonna kill them.

Tell them to buy Cubic Ninja so they can hack it.

hey i'm just lazy, not retarded

i'll hack it later, but i'm not stupid enough to update

So I have the Mario Land N3DS bundle on 10.7.0-32U right now and I played some mario land (shit's fun) But I want to start hacking it. Using the Plailect guide it seems the first 'step' is to make sure my SD card (4gig one that came stock) is formatted?
I don't even know how to connect my N3DS to my pc and I don't have a miniSD reader for my PC. What the fuck do I do?

I also have a copy of the Nintendo Selects OoT if that makes a difference.

Get an SD Adapter. You typically would want a bigger size than 4 GBs.

I have a steady flow of NEET bucks and shit's just easier to buy, plus I like to support the developers I like.

Is there a way to start 3DS home brew from scratch on a console that was once hacked? I installed CFW on my 3DS last winter and it worked up until recently, now my emunand won't load.

I want to start fresh with the new stuff that has came out since December.

Alright guys,
The store nearby has a release N3DS bundle, the MH4 one. What are my chances that it's on a hackable firmware?

Do you even know what shilling means?
I doubt Nintendo would make daily threads on why and how to hack their own consoles

>cons: costs an hour of your life
For me it took about an hour and 40 minutes, but it is quite simple.
All you need is a 3DS on a downgradable firmware (>11.0), a dongle for reading SD/microSD on your computer, and some free time.

4GB worked for installing a9lh, but I upgraded to 128GB afterwards for more space.

is that with the new ctrnand transfer guide?

>He owns a 3DS

Just get a9lh. That should fix it. Or update your CFW. Get a different CFW if you're using something like Cakes or RxTools. Those are so outdated now.

EU or US?
It's easier to find a

>owning a 3ds means you use it in public
No, dum-dum.

do you hate video games or something?

>Playing My Little Pony on your phone is more acceptable than playing FIFA on your 3DS

>he
>his
Explain yourself.

I am new to the 3DS homebrew scene, would downloading the latest 3DS update get rid of my homebrew? I have a new 3DS XL and have browserhax and the homebrew launcher, im currently playing on 11.0.0-33E and only really want the homebrew to be able to run my region locked games if that helps.

EU.
I'll probably ask the clerk to open it so I can check.
user, it's a bundle that has been on sale since last year May, I think I have a bit more than 0% chance.
Maybe 1%.

install menuhax. Yes, updating will cause you to lose homebrew.

How the fuck i am supposed to use ctr httpwn if i can't go back to homemenu because menuhax crash it?
Please save me i want to download SMTIV

Generalization.

EU means that it'll probably safe.
I ordered a N3DS Black from Argos UK and it came as 9.9.

The last hackable FW is 10.6, right user?

Thanks m8, already installed menuhax, forgot to mention that. Is it ever safe to update to the latest 3DS software update?

If is if you have CFW.

10.7 actually.

Although it's not impossible on 11.0 or 11.1 either but it requires a second already hacked system or a hardmod.

In the case of the second hacked system, you can go about it two ways.
1. Transfer the system from the hacked system to the unhacked system with the DSiWare game needed to hack it
2. Transfer the unhacked system to the hacked system, get the DSiWare title, wait one week and transfer back to the unhacked system.

With method 1, you'll lose whatever was on the unhacked system unless you backed it up with something like JK's Save Manager. StreetPass Mii Plaza data cannot be backed up with a mere homebrew exploit.

With method 2, you can keep everything on both systems, as prior to doing the system transfer you can backup the NAND of the hacked system, and restore it later after transferring the system back to the unhacked 3DS.

>Although it's not impossible on 11.0 or 11.1 either but it requires a second already hacked system or a hardmod.
DSiWare save injections when?

Ha, PSP saves the day again. I had a 32Gig SD in there so I'm gonna back up what's in there and format it using the PSP connection cable.

Fuck my PSP served me so well. With PSP/PS1 support on the horizon it may finally be time to say goodbye to it. What a good little handheld.

As long as eCFW doesn't support .dax files, my PSP will remain useful.

Yeah, but those downgrade methods are a bit out of reach for me (I definetly won't solder a 200+ dollar system, and I don't have a 2nd 3DS).
My safest bet will be probably looking through stores and asking clerks to check the 3DSes for FWs (they're requied to comply by EU law).

Thanks, user. Have a nice day.

I dont have one.

>Have a hacked N3ds
>have all games pirated
>not even interested in playing them
Fucking why? The only games that I'm looking forward is Pokemon Sun and Moon and Mario Maker.

I just wish that Nintendo would make more interesting and better games than the shit that we have today.

AA6 is pretty fun. Since I have a flashcart too i can even play DS if i don't feel like 3ds games

Hacking my 3DS was more fun than the games I have played.