This game deserves to be given more shit. It's overrated and I think the reason is because

This game deserves to be given more shit. It's overrated and I think the reason is because

>good guys CDPR care about consumer

When that's not true, they lied, they downgraded the game, they promised mod support they didn't deliver

Besides from the gameplay flaws it's not even well written, it ends on a lame ending where the world is all of a sudden saved. Ciri was a bit of a cunt in the books, in this game she's all ready for self sacrifice , be an empress save the world, whatever. This is not proper representation of her. Not to mention Eredin, the Wild Hunt, and Avallach those were butchered the worst. It's not even a proper ending if you ignore the books, this game ignores all the previous games. Political intrigue from Witcher 2 is gone. None of the choices mattered. Two fucking games that deal with the Scoi'atel now they don't even get a mention.

It ends on a shitty contrived way and it doesn't wrap up the books or the previous games well.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/352789631
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

t. Thebull94

who?

- Punishes players for exploration
- Experience points come from the main story almost exclusively. Yes, following around Yen gives you more experience than downing enemies ten levels higher than you.
- The story is boring
- Combat animations rarely break when you press the dodge button
- The worst economy of any existing RPG

I can feel some of yout points but

> Combat animations rarely break when you press the dodge button

what?

>The worst economy of any existing RPG

Also this is not true. Many RPGs feel like there's nothing to do with the money. In TW3 I was always out of money until very late game. I think they did a good job balancing the economy

i would like it more if the protagonist wasn't so terrible

t. generalshowzer

I don't like the open world design of there being generic "loot areas" with mobs guarding it. Seems too video gamey.

>it's this fucking thread AGAIN

>Punishes players for exploration
no not at all

In fact if you love side missions, you get so much experience that you are constantly overleveled for the main mission

- The story is boring
- Combat animations rarely break when you press the dodge button
- The worst economy of any existing RPG

The Witcher 3 is not your game. I don't like hero shooter and you don't like rpg.

Do you read all the quest texts? Do you do a lot of side missions? Do you explore the world just for fun? Do you read all books? Do you enjoy just watching your surrounding while riding though the world? Do you watch every cut scene?

If you don't answer with yes to all those questions, go play your COD: LEL SO RANDOM EDITION and never come back to any rpg.

If you liked the exploration in The Witcher 3 try out Xenoblade X. The exploration and world design is even better and you don't constantly have Batman-style "follow the footsteps" nonsense interrupting you

Are you the same fucking guy making this thread every few days? You say the same things over and over just written slightly different. If it was straight up pasta that's one thing, but this is sad.

The game is still one of the best looking to date, there is in fact a Nexus page dedicated to it for mods, the game's don't wrap up the books, because it deliberately doesn't follow the books to a T you know, since Geralt literally fucking DIES in the novels, and it had some of the best DLC content ever released.

Stay salty OP.

They are comparable? How so? Haven't played W3 by the way.

Well I was just talking in terms of exploring the world and finding neat things. The combat and stuff isn't really similar. But if you like exploring, it doesn't get much better than Mira.

It leaves a very good first impression which is why most people think fondly of it. Only 25% of people finished the game according to steam achievements so it doesn't surprise me that it's so highly praised.

It's definitely overrated but even so it's a good game.

>tfw just finished running the same save from witcher 1 to witcher 2 and now im playing witcher 3 for the first time

its pretty cool wish they let me keep my witcher 2 armor/swords tho

>Started game a week ago
>Been doing nothing but side missions
>Have amazing equipment and am much higher level than the main quest line

Also I'm impressed with something the game made me realize. I kept helping out people who ran into Skellige raiders. Used to think that people on Skellige were nothing but pirates. But then I went there and helped them democratically elect a queen.

>In fact if you love side missions, you get so much experience that you are constantly overleveled for the main mission

>do like 5 side quests in three hours
>die all the time
>barely level up
>follow the story quest for half an hour
>talk to a bunch of people
>level up twice

There's just no point

You know a developer produced a diamond when the threads are literally nothing but trolling over the trivial.
>ITWUZDOWNGRADED!

Witcher 3 is fairly rated, unlike Planescape which has shittier combat than Tibia.

WTF?

Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are extremly good games.

I played SM when I had 8 years, didn't even have internet back them, and loved the game. WTF.

>Overrated
>Any of these

Shouldn't it be FF7, Skyrim and Bioshock on this list? Overrated implies these games are considered amazing by a large amount of people.

I knew the daily Witcher 3 defamatory thread was taking it's sweet time today.

>backtracking simulators are extremely good games

Spotted the waifufag

What the hell are you talking about? I constantly had to force myself to go do main quests just so I didn't outlevel them completely. They might offer less exp, but there's a fuck-ton more side quests than main quests.

>There's just no point
Maybe for the fun of actually playing the game? Who the fuck cares how much exp you get?

TRISSFAGS LEAVE

shit game

how come mods haven't banned thebull94 yet?

How come CDPR lied about releasing moding tools?

Penis of Rivia

Apart from the first act of the game you have to try extremely hard to not be over-leveled to shit for the main questline. Replaying it right now, I only do side-quests/witcher contracts/treasure hunts at or below my level, and because of that I'm consistently 10 or so levels over the recommended for main quests.

Still better than Bloodborne

agree, they lied they care about pc but guess what they downgraded game and haven't even bother to recover true ultra e3 settings on pc.
Also shitty PR stunt with "Free dlcs" cut from game, but they were so shit that they couldn't sell it like 2 bigger dlcs.
CDP are console game devs, they are not your friend and you should be beware of their shitty practices. Choices got dumbed down to the max (You can kill for example Keira and nobody give a fuck or not even asks? what the actual fuck is this writing CDP?), balance is shit, enemies are copy pasted, exploration is not rewarding since what you craft is much better, every enemy is bullet (sword?) sponge with almost unlimited amount of dodges. Combat gave me brain cancer how badly designed that shit was, also batman vision quests rofl. In W3 Geralt became super hero instead anti-hero/neutral guy, he will help every villager he can help. Also Ending was even worse than Mass Effect's 3.

I'm 100% sure Cyberpunk 2077 will be copy pasted Deus Ex game. Since CDP is doing nothing but rip-offing other games like chinese mmorpg/fps devs.

*they don't care about pc

i'm too tired man

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>In fact if you love side missions, you get so much experience that you are constantly overleveled for the main mission

Pretty much this. I haven't bother with the main story at all until I got into contracts and side missions and treasure hunting. When I was in the middle of doing so I was fucking OP as fuck for the suggested level of the important missions. Also as side effect I got shit tons of money that I could spend on crafting armor and the like.

Also or some reason I fucked up the wolf gear quest and never got to open the fucking chest to start the quest, I look it up and it seems to be a bug from the release of the DLC... then I remember that I saw a letter in the same area and then read it and it was an apology from CPDR... They are fucking bros. Also for some reason the sword they add there is also glitched since every time I reload the region the apology sword respawn and I can be farmed for easy coin.

at least Deus Ex had really intresting story and dialogues, unlike rest of games.

You should also add piece of shit Baldurs Gate,Halo games, Zelda games and Diablo 2.

>nintoddlers out

I hear all the time about Deus ex 1 and especially Planescape Torment when ppl talk about old games.

Give CDPR a rest

They were already destroyed in this morning's shilling thread.

link to thread?

It's a small amount of people that tell you to play those games.

look through the archive, it's the one with a screenshot of a grass field.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/352789631

Good shit

Yet they will try to kill you in nostalgia rage if you criticize their shitty games

baldurs gate and fallout 1/2 fags are prob way worse than dx1 and plan torment

There's no recovery from this.

Pole shills should hand over their resignations and make money telemarketing or something

That's largely irrelevant. The point I made was that overrated is not the correct term to describe those games.

>Enjoy both
>laugh at you eternally bitter faggots

hahha witcherfags on suicide watch

>Zero skill checks

But there are several skill checks in conversation. I only started the game but I can use magic on certain people in conversation.

>Factions

Aren't the Redians, Nilfguardians, skelligers all factions? And then aren't there subfactions in them all such as all the various criminal organizations you need to deal with such as Whoresons, King of Beggars group, Cleaver's group? Or the temple guard and witch hunters?

TL;DR blablabla

lmao get rekt queerdo

>But there are several skill checks in conversation

There is only one skill check, not several. If you get that particular talent. You get the game way more credit than it deserves

>Aren't the Redians, Nilfguardians, skelligers all factions?

No. You can't join a faction. You can't roleplay as part of a faction. The game railroads you into some very simple choices.

>skill check

please user

>Aren't the Redians, Nilfguardians, skelligers all factions?

>Nilfgaard
The only thing you can do is being nice to Emhyr.

>Redania
The only thing you can do is let Djikstra fuck over Roche, which is extremely out of character.

>Skellige
You can choose their ruler I guess, but that makes no sense.

Factions are merely a part of the lore and some of them are shallow as fuck (Eternal Fire). They don't work as an RPG mechanic.

H-haha y-you sure s-showed him!

>No you can't join a faction

But that shitpost says nothing about joining a faction. It says that there aren't factions.

>There is only one skill check, not several

I should rephrase, that skill check is used several times regularly. Which is more than zero.

>moving goalposts
get rekt fag

The faction part implies some gameplay mechanics around the faction.

Like if you helped the Redenians more than the Nilfgaardians they would allow you access to their best blacksmiths, or unlock new story options.

W3 doesn't have anything like that.

This post is about RPG mechanics, you dumb faggot.

Factions in The Witcher 3 aren't a part of the gameplay, they're in the lore.

>Moving goalposts

But I literally answered the original shitpost. And I have nothing to move. I literally started playing the game.

>RPG mechanics
>Meanwhile the original post says "there are no factions"

Now this, is moving goalposts.

>[lists things]
>Witcher 3 does NOTHING better than New Vegas in terms of RPG mechanics

He literally says that he meant factions as rpg mechanics, you dumb faggot.

>New Vegas
>Skyrim
>open world games where you create your complete nobody character at the start in a made up world with very little lore tying up each game
>comparing to a game with a set character and world, that has a legacy of 8 books + 2 games set in the same timeline with the same characters

I like both but you're fucking retarded.
The Witcher games have more to do with Mass Effect than Bethesda games, they're story heavy/driven games, not sandboxes.

>as RPG mechanics

If he said that, he should have listed the factions and then said you can't actually join them. Which he didn't. He tried to make it seem like the game has zero interaction with NPC and there is no world building.

Last (You) I give to shitposters. Stay mad that I'm a new player enjoying the game.

You're retarded. He listed only the joinable factions in New Vegas, someone even called him out on mentioning Fiends since you can't join them.

And then he summed it up saying that there's nothing The Witcher 3 does better in terms of RPG mechanics after mentioning factions, skill checks and classes.

You take this shit out of context. You could do the same arguing that he said that the only class there is in the game is "some variation of swordsman", but it's not true because there are mages in the game and he didn't specify that he meant the player character.

Maybe if you weren't retarded you'd know that you need to read the whole post to understand his point and sometimes sentences don't make sense if you take them out of context.

Can Shitter 3 cucks ever recover?

t-thebull94!

just bull my shit up