Overwatch players, are you upset everyone is now playing your game for free?

Overwatch players, are you upset everyone is now playing your game for free?

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/08/05/overwatch-15-million-players/
Cred
i.4cdn.org/v/1474739539284.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg
youtube.com/watch?v=jHgZh4GV9G0
reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I find it pretty lulzy Paladins is in top10 on Steam right now, while no one plays overwatch because of Legion

Pretty fun game imo.

No not really

I'm an Overwatch player and I'm playing Paladins

is this game pay to win?

How can I be a good Fernando?
Should I focus on rushing to the point and push the load or should I support my teammates during gunfights.

as of now, it's not

Nope, tons of fun too

>Supporting Hi-Rez after how badly they fucked Tribes in the ass

No thanks.

>Tribes butthurt
LOL
Like fucking clockwork

Implying 2016 Cred Forums even knows what Tribes: Ascend is

While it is in beta, it just has this feeling of being unpolished in some way. None of the characters thus far interests me.

>Tribes
What

You need to lurk for a year before posting, newfriend

It's over, Paladins won

I don't play hero shooter so I don't care, but the steam statistics look incredible

Have you tried Evie? She's the best

>Supporting Hi-Rez after how badly they fucked Smite in the ass

>Supporting Hi-Rez after how badly they fucked Tribes in the ass

>Supporting Hi-Rez after how badly they fucked Global Agenda in the ass

and coming up 2017...

>Supporting Hi-Rez after how badly they fucked Paladins in the ass

It doesn't surprise me. Overwatch has far too much bad stigma behind it being a TF2 clone, an Overwatch clone therefor sounds like a much better idea, and it's on steam.

i would rather pay 40 bucks to not play with BRs, russians and poor kids who can't speak english

The mental gymnastics poorfags are doing are just ridiculous

Just wait for the next big thing in Overwatch, which is the Halloween Event.
Paladins would literally be in life support when that time comes.

Paladins used to be pretty unique back in the closed beta last year, it's pretty sad that they decided to just change the game into a shittier version of overwatch

>Mercy image
>I-I'm glad I spent money
>-I'm totally not having remorse...

Someone please tell me they're collecting posts like this in a screenshot or something, the Overwatch denial is hands down the funniest shit.

nah, i'm glad that i spent on money on a game where you can actually communicate with your team mates.
incase you didn't know these are team based game.
meanwhile on paladins it feels like i'm playing with bots cause no one talks and considering how broken the matchmaking is i wouldn't be surprised.

you just like how we laughed at people who thought Overwatch was gonna flop?

>Nobody talks
>It's the games fault

Nobody talks in Overwatch either friend.

>implying no one's collecting posts like this in a screenshot

Paladinfags in suicide watch.

>Playing ANY Hi-Rez game
>Playing Overwatch either

How about no. Why would anyone trust Hi-rez for even a second by this point? What's it's going to take after the games they killed and all the poor management plus the Tencent influence now in their company? Do they have to steal your credit card information?

they do when you get out of QP.
also Paladins matchmaking still puts you in matches with bots without telling.

I'll be honest, I thought whatever they had before this mild clone was going to bomb incredibly hard. I had most of these games (there are like 7 or so, being dead on arrival). I am really surprised this one has done as well it has, and they haven't even started patching it yet.

I thought Battleborn and Overwatch were going to make it out of the melee unscathed, but it seems like Overwatch and Paladins are the only two to come out alive.

Lawbreakers, Battleborn, Gigantic, Paragon, all dead on arrival so far. There are two or three other stinkers too, I just can't remember their names. Bravo Hi Rez. They've found their niche being the consistent third place finisher.

>see people play this
>average skill of player is even lower than overwatch

???

Aside from that the game doesn't look bad at all.

Hi-Rez wouldn't abandon a game that's literally got over a million players in mere fucking days after released.

Overwatch is royally fucked.

this game has all of the bad bugs that overwatch has but with less updating to fix said bugs (giant over sized bullets / hitboxes ), am dissapoint

As always, you can only shill paladins with the word "overwatch"

I'm an overwatch player. Paladins is simple and less polished but more fast paced.

Overall I'm having fun. It's very playable now and has a lot of potential.

Also: Not pay to win = an actual free game.
Makes me want to support them.

it has premium currency but it can't be used to buy anything that affects gameplay.

A million players? Is this a joke post?

i played paladins yesterday and there were fucking spics on my team with 300 ping speaking gibberish and my region was locked to north america - game has a truely shit net code that lets people play on the wrong servers

Give me a reason why Overwatch is better than Paladins outside of "At least I'm not a poorfag"

Exactly, even as an avid Overwatch player myself (rank 70) this is an excellent game, a ton of fun and the fact that, like you said, it's actually FREE and not pay to win means it's an actual viable and fun game. I don't feel like I cheated for supporting the devs and I get some nice cosmetics. As of right now I think I enjoy it more than Overwatch.

>Hi-rez

Not at all in fact, if the actual Overwatch game were to become free tomorrow, I wouldn't be mad, hell I mean I welcome it, that way hopefully more of my friends would play it.

Im also playing Paladins too, its a fun game, doesnt feel as polished as Overwatch but its still pretty fun, problem is none of my friends play it, but I'll try to get them to play it, especially since its free.

the bugs get patched out more often.
both games have INCREDIBLY imbalanced heroes. there is NO REASON to pick drogor over skye or cassie.

better community.
a dev that actually keeps supporting their game.
no p2w weapon garbage.

There isn't one
It's like Sour grapes except they got the grapes and now they're just really fucking mad cause they went to all the effort of getting shit.

>play day1 it comes out and enjoy myself more than I did with overwatch
>get permabanned on day2

It's been 4 days, just let me play again you cocksuckers

I think both are pretty fun casual babby shooter games.

I played a game of paladins the other day where the HUD bugged out and everyone had to play blind. It was hilarious.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if Overwatch went free to play in response to this, there's just no way you can compete with a game that's already playing better than yours.

user what about people who love overwatch and are also playing Paladin? I mean in every thread there are also many people who like both games, so why not take a screenshot of those as well?

Eh. It's about even. Overwatch is extremely polished and I enjoy it a lot. Overwatch is literally my go-to game for fun. But this is like a quick fix and waay easier to get friends into... because it's free.

doesnt look like it

it lack level of detail and shaders

I tried this game out and its honestly painfully mediocre, I understand that you can't have counters in a game with character locks, but it removes so much tactical depth that this game is lacking in.
Also, what's the deal with the ults in the game? I tried out all the characters you get for free, and all the ults has literally zero impact on the fight, I'm not even sure if the player on the enemy team even noticed me doing it.
The maps serve their purpose I suppose, but they all seem fairly uninteresting and I've never had a game where I can say that I've out smarted the enemy by using the map or my character skills, which shouldn't be s thing in a 'hero shooter's
Here's hoping the game is way better when it releases

I have +500 hours on overwatch and +1000 hours on tf2 and I can confirm that paladins is better than both of those games. They don't hold a candle to it. On top of that, it's also free.

Oh yes, we're on suicide watch when Paladins is literally in the fucking TOP STEAM CHARTS a couple DAYS after initial release

Oh no oh no, the game is burning to the ground because the servers are trying to handle all the players.

Hi-Rez plz go and stay go. Overwatch has over 10 million sales plus all the dumb faggots that bought hundreds of cases. Blizzard could abandon the game right now and they would have already made their bags of cash. There's no reason for them to compete, especially when WoW is still making millions every month.

Drogor doesn't even fill the same niche as fucking skye, whos only average herself anyways. Every hero, besides buck, is fully viable though

Maps are better designed, graphics are vastly superior, things feel like they have impact, to name a few

>At least my game has shaders and level of detail
Hope the 40 dollars was worth it.

>playing better than yours?

user why are you taking sides like that, I enjoy both games, one is free the other is not, but in the end both games are really fun so I enjoy both, no need to turn this into a gamewar.

I like Paladin's faster pace, I enjoy Overwatchs characters and being able to switch hero better than Paladin. they are similar yet different games, you can enjoy both games.

>no reason to pick drogor

>tfw play drogor
>tfw 150k damage at the end
>tfw everyone else is 60k or less
If you want actual damage you pick drogor. If you want to be an annoying fly buzzing around the shit in the back you play those plebs. Enjoy being swatted by my rockets.

I'm not poor

>playing your game for free
Buying a game once = You pay forever
k user

So the girls are way better than Overwatch. So what advantage does Overwatch have now?

How did you get banned, user?

the girls look like fucking plastic in Paladins though.

>I'M NOT REINHARDT
>I'M MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER: BLEINHARDT

>There's no reason for them to compete
A game focused on multiplayer losing players because there's a better free alternative is more than enough reason
>B-but they made their money already
Gee it's almost like the whole point is to make as much money as possible in the long run.

Not at all.
This game is helping keep both poorshits, brazilians, furshits and other scum out of Overwatch.

They could be made of shit and they'd still look better than Overwatch.
What's the advantage now? It costs money therefor it must be better?

I assume too many people have reported me for "cheating" because I was too good or something and they just banned me. It's still being investigated by hirez support.

Seems kinda dumb that they would do this, considering that every second player just reports you for hacks if you win the game.

try harder autist

No they are not.

>lulzy
Greetings, Redditor.

Are you blind?

Who /bombking/ here?

>A game focused on multiplayer losing players because there's a better free alternative is more than enough reason
Source?
Is it your own ass?
I bet it is.

the advantage of not having brazilians, russians, furries and poorfag kids.
it's impressive how the community of Paladins makes OW look smart when playing.

Alright

How will HiRez fuck up this time?

Overwatch waifu shitters on suicide watch. Who spends 40-60 USD on a game that should be F2P?

>Dank Pepes

Neck yourself

What's there to see?
A generic elf?

opinions, while I do like 2 girls in Paladins, I like 4 in Overwatch.

Dva is the best but damn I need to unlock that gremlin guy in paladin that also has a mecha, didnt like playing with the bow chick, the stealth chick was fun though

You want a source that a game focused on multiplayer losing players is bad.

Try putting the numbers together, you might figure it out.

Honestly, i someone would want to play ''my'' game for free, they should have gone to TF2, it's p2w, at least.

No, I want you to give me a source that Overwatch is losing players.

Paladin in a nutshell

>Overwatch
>TF2 clone
You have no idea what you are talking about

>almost bought Overwatch 2 weeks ago

Thank fuck I didn't and God bless Paladins

Compared to generic racial caricatures?

not him but some of US overwatch players are actually trying out and liking Paladin, that dont mean we stopped playing Overwatch.

In my case I play TF2, Overwatch, Dirty Bomb and now Paladins as well.

One thing I find absolutely amusing is how hard everything related to Paladins is trying to be Overwatch, from the game itself to it's community.

Not to mention these inferiority complex threads.

Gotta hand it to Blizzard though, appeal to the dick and the cash will come flowing in. Hi-Rez is just 1uping them now with better waifus for free.

How are they racial caricatures?
The only thing I can think of is Phara's Eye of Horus tattoo, and Genji being a ninja.

Design-wise they are simple, yet fresh.
All i've seen in Paladins just seems a rehash of characters from your run of the mill MMO.

never saw a so shilled game on this board

it's pretty funny how someone started a Paladins thread without mentioning OW and got like 5 replies

You're right, user. After 10 million sales, a Chinese-tier rip-off with a MASSIVE 40k players currently will force this juggernaut to destroy their price wall and go completely free to play. There are no examples of games spiking due to small bursts of popularity and then dying out. After all, Hi-Rez is a company anyone can trust with a long history of supporting their games with great business decisions.

It's over. 40k players, man. Just shut the Overwatch servers down. Those 10 million sales simply will not hold up compared to this juggernaut of gameplay. And Blizzard will totally care. Even though Paladins is a free2play game that 100% requires players to pay for things constantly and Overwatch is pay up front so players leaving doesn't have much impact since they already made massive profits, it's over. All the esportz teams are already leaving to play Paladins. It's also impossible to play both games.

Goodbye, Overwatch. Killed to death by a 40k player Tencent clone.

You are right. It can't be a clone when Overwatch takes TF2's elements and refines them to 11.

>It's a "Smug overwatch female image and the poster acts like they're better than everyone else for spending 40 dollars when the game is now basically free" episode
Every time

So, basically, no source.

Do you have to unlock characters in Paladins? Pretty much the deciding factor.

I always do the first. I haven't played much, probably something around 20 games and they've all been victories.

What do you want me to do? Ask Blizzard to release their player data?

Look at the steam charts, look at the news articles comparing this to Overwatch, look at what the people in this thread are saying about switching over or playing both and more likely to play the free one since it's free with friends.

Seriously, you're delusional if you don't think this is going to negatively impact Overwatch's playerbase.

Yes, but it's neglectable. After around 8 hours I had 16 characters unlocked. Since you get 500g for every character level up, which usually is done in 1 win + 400 gold you get per match.

>Overwatch is just $20 in Russia

Cred Forums is a board for shilling

Of course i'm smug, you are trying hard to be me, you are desperate as hell to convince everyone that Paladins is Overwatch, when what's going to happen, in part thanks to this, is that Paladins will live in Overwatch's shadow, like Stillborn.

>Twitch emotes

You have to be at least 18 to post on Cred Forums. I know it's the weekend, but kill yourself you child.

So, anectodal evidence and things that you think will happen is all you have?
No source then, excellent.

$20 is a lot more than free to a russian.
also using twitch emotes should be a auto ban

Fernando is a lot more fun than Reinhardt is while being a lot less braindead.

>trying hard to be me
Not even, Hi-Rez already did that, for free. Keep the denial strong though.

Get out twitchfag

>Look at the steam charts
And look at what OW has.
engadget.com/2016/08/05/overwatch-15-million-players/

At the end of the day, it's two retarded communities fighting over which no-skill game is better.

>knowing that's a twitch emote
Explain yourself faggot.

Cred Forums.org/rules

>Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

Hi-Rez, please read the rules before posting.

I haven't played the game in a few months but when I did play every character I used was complete shit with maybe one ability. I think the only two characters I had any sort of success with were Pip and Skye, and I had everyone unlocked at the time except for the bald guy and blue ork.

The one game mode with the capture point/payload was also very tedious. There's no real reason to try mixing the two modes together like that if there's no way to actually make a comeback during the match, it was all about just bumrushing the point first to cap it and then you've won even if you don't push the cart because you'll get more points that the defenders do.

so we can agree that Paladins is better

Of course you are, Hi-Rez will try hard to copy it, and the community will try hard to become the Overwatch community.
And in the end, you won't be Paladins, and Paladins community, just try-hard f2p Overwatch, and the try-hard f2p Overwatch community.

That's if Hi-Rez doesn't kill this game in a year.

>Knowing I wasn't wrong when calling it a Twitch emote
EXPLAIN

You're mentally retarded aren't you?

Of course not, Paladins depends entirely on Overwatch to copy it.
Whatever move Overwatch does, Paladins will do it.
But less polished, with worse graphics, and a much, much horrible community.
We already saw what happened to TF2 when it went F2P.

you do understand that skye gets a x4 damage multiplier from shooting enemies in the back right
drogor rockets do 300 to 500 damage without spit ball and take time to travel and cassies arrows do 700 damage and fly nearly instantly without lobbing

Hi-Rez leave.

And... it'll be better than Overwatch, the entire point. What are you even trying to say? Overwatch already tried to copy TF2, it's hilarious you sit here and laugh at people "trying to pretend" to be your game and one up it when you're basically flat out admitting to liking the time Blizzard "did it" to TF2.

>retards that play a game with no complex mechanic depth want to emulate a community of retards that play a game with no complex mechanic depth that just happens to cost money
I'm sure they'll succeed in that.

If we are going to judge this by what happens in Cred Forums, you can take a look at /vg/
The Overwatch general has gotten 450 replies in 3 hours, while the Paladins one has gotten 480 replies in 15 hours.

>I play Paladins because I can't afford Overwatch

Nigger if you can't even get 40$ together after necessities you probably don't have a PC that can play it

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this impression

If it's a fight and not a spam war, attack people until they focus you, then just shield up. Just force them to waste as much of their damage on you as they can.

why does this game have a wow shaman rip-off? like of all the things you could rip off I don't get why they thought this game needed a blue orc dressed like a chug

i.4cdn.org/v/1474739539284.webm same shitty hitbox problem as overmeme

youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y

>Supporting Hirez

HAHAHAHAHAHHA YOU STUPID FUCKING IDIOT

Have you seen their last few games you shitshill

It's called common sense. Use your head along with the available data and you might figure out what's going on.

Or you can stick your head in the sand and ignore the apocalypse raining down on you because "there's no source confirming it".

Can someone just make a real fucking Overwatch thread? We haven't had a decent one on Cred Forums this weekend after that cringe worthy tf2 voice line one yesterday.

Nobody gives a shit that people like paladins. There are plenty of people who play both and enjoy both. I play both and enjoy both. Stop pretending there is some competition going on between the two, you autistic fuckmouth.

Is this the new thread that will get spammed for a week? Can't wait until someone searches in the archives for the exact same image and text.

Of course not, because the ones who know what they are doing, the ones who have the ideas, is Blizzard, not Hi-Rez.
Hi-Rez will just try to emulate what Overwatch has done.

>when you're basically flat out admitting to liking the time Blizzard "did it" to TF2.
I was looking for something like Overwatch for a long time because the F2P killed TF2.
The community died, servers were terrible, scum started coming in...
It died that day.

The paywall is useful to filter out all this trash, and Paladins will contain this trash, but it will also live in the shadow of Overwatch, because it'll always be a copy of Overwatch.

S H A Z B O T
H
A
Z
B
O
T

I don't play Chinese knock offs.

No, I'd sources, not things that you just pulled out of your ass.

>IM MAD SOMEONE ELSE LIKED THE GAME ENOUGH TO PAY FOR STUFF

jesus christ end your miserable life you fucking loser.

You still can't shoot anywhere close to 10 degrees down without it just deciding you wanted to shoot straight down in overwatch.

This reminds me of all the people who tried to make Battleborn threads and desperately compare themselves to another game for attention instead of just trying to focus on their game.

Remember how well that worked out?

And? Drogor is better for clearing off points and chewing through shields than either, and is also far more mobile. Hell, the fact that Skye is so immobile is largely why Andy and Evie are both more fun to play and better at flanking then her. Skye is just an ult bot and pubstomper.

You are paying money for stuff in a F2P game.
You are everything that's wrong with the modern industry.

>More fun than Reinhardt

This is impossible. Reinhardt is the most fun FPS character ever

>Smashing squishies with the hammer
>Point blank charging people against walls
>Interrupting ults with Earthshatter
>Being a credit to team

Viktor is OP

Way too much damage

this must be your first Hi-Rez game.

The difference this time is that I doubt Blizzard knows this game exists.

It's pretty sad people have to act hostile like that.
It sucks your game got one-uped, believe me I've been through it. You don't' lash out at people though, they gotta accept it and move on. Just ignore those guys.

im not sure of this bug but i think the interp in paladins causes the same problem for fernardos flame thrower, ive watches my self in a kill cam throwing flames at the ground because of some stairs i was walking up on.

Bad. The thing is that Paladins is actually doing really well though.

>You're pulling it out of your ass! The steam charts and similarties aren't real! The Storm cloud isn't actually over my head, the tidal wave isn't actually coming towards me as I speak, you can't prove anything!
Whatever you want to believe man.

skye can have 100% move speed for 6 seconds after or while being cloaked, forever, i think you need to reread the brokenly imbalanced load out cards

>Overwatch comes out
>HAHA fuck you Overwatch guys i'm over here enjoying Battleborn XD
>Paladins releases
>HAHA Fuck you Overwatch fags we are over here enjoying the better game XD

Do you have such an inferiority complex because you can't afford to buy the actual 40 dollar game that you have to go out of your way to defend a company known to fuck their games in the ass then abandon them constantly.

Oh no, the Steam charts are real.
But do you have any information on the player count of Overwatch?
A game that in barely 3 months already reached a higher peak than World of Warcraft in all of it's lifetime?

> make a thread to shill for Paladins
> mention Overwatch in the OP every thread
> argue "OW is shit" and "Paladins is OW but free" in the same breath every thread
> claim "It's fun" without even bothering to specify why every thread
> deflect all criticism back to OW and call all critics Blizzdrones- every thread
> unironically suck Hi-Rez cock, dismiss every mention of Tribes, and unironically buy into the CEO's claims that OW actually copied him- every thread

> meanwhile, in literally every other place for video game discussion on the internet, Paladins is dismissed and laughed at as dollar store-tier trash played exclusively by Russians and Brazillians

Difference being that Paladins, contrary to stillborn, is a top game on Steam.
Knowing Steam trends, it's likely it will do amazing.

Most of the people who claim to like this game simply do it because they don't like Blizzard.

For now, but it's also a new f2p game on Steam, those almost always have strong launches. I'm curious if it'll have any sort of staying power or if everyone will get bored after a month and move on like all the other games.

This also speaks volumes for how shit Hi-Rez's marketing is though, the game's been out for a while and it wasn't even hard to get into the beta (literally just subscribe to their channel and they'd send you a key) and yet no one wanted to talk about it until it showed up on Steam.

Yea, no. Paladins wont even put a dent in Overwatch's worldwide success.

Overwatch is the fucking multiplayer game of the decade. It really is an experience.

All free to play games start out really high ranked on Steam. Let's see where it is a few weeks from now.

>Battleborn
>mfw what the success they could have had if it was released free to play
>also mfw I'm not Randy Pitchford

>> meanwhile, in literally every other place for video game discussion on the internet, Paladins is dismissed and laughed at as dollar store-tier trash played exclusively by Russians and Brazillians
Is that why it's topping the Steam charts and is insanely popular already?

>tumblr
>.gif
>2016

>take into count these threads!
>let's ignore the Paladins general is 5 times slower than the Overwatch one, even though OW came out 4 months ago and Paladins 4 days ago

They wont be able to fall back on the Blizzshill excuses when the game fails if they dont compare the two now.

if you weren't retarded and realized that overwatch isnt on steam because its a blizzard.net game then it probably would be on top of all steam games if it were on steam, retarded idiot faggot nigger cunt.

> has to follow stairs and shit, straight up can't reach more than a handful of places

Yeah real great flanker there. While you're getting into position Andy and Evie would have already taken 2 people out and well on the way to relocating for a 3rd.

It has the same gameplay depth as Overwatch, so it will probably remain a top game at least for the F2P crowd, which is a huge crowd.

>Is that why it's topping the Steam charts and is insanely popular already?
It has a lot of people playing it, poorfags, ruskies, furshits and hackers banned from Overwatch, that won't stop it from being the chinese ripoff of OW it is.

It is literally Battleborn all over again.

Nah, I hate Reinhardt with a passion. I really, really wanted to like him but I cannot find him enjoyable for some reason. Winston is 10/10 though and inversely Buck is way worse than Winston. Mostly because Buck sucks.

It's a top game because of how easy it is and how marketed it was. That and the battered house wife syndrome Blizzard customers.
Paladins is a cheap knockoff that is just as easy, so it will remain popular with the people that dont buy Overwatch.

Nobody actually cares, though.

I have played it.

Tempted to support the game, but it's Hi-Rez.

I don't trust them after what they did to Tribes

Look it's cool that an overwatch clone is doing good i guess, but it's a F2P on steam. it'll probably go the route of dirty bomb and have a good launch with a dwindling playerbase.

Does it matter if it's a chinese ripoff if it's literally the exact same game but free and with better character designs and more content?

You guys keep trying to claim it's a shitty ripoff, it may be a ripoff, but it's actually improving on what it's ripping off, which in business, is considered innovation.

>likes winston
>hates reinhardt
>posts homostuck character
kys
your worse then the people that play paladins

>CHECK OUT BATTLEBORN FOR PC, PS4, AND XBOX1

Did he think this would work?

>play barik
>another teammate picks Fernando
>thisisgonnabegood.jpg

>keep getting sniped on the point, they're team is pure dps
>"hey could someone flank those snipers"
>three dps on my team gets it together and flanks the snipers on the ledge
>me and fernando take the payload
>it begins

Is there a strategy better for pushing the payload than putting two turrets directly on top of it and hiding behind the payload while letting the turrets heal while Fernando assist in pushes?

Literally every time, we get the second round point when I do this.

and youd be shitting your pants wondering where the cloaked skye is just before she does your entire health pool with less than a single ammo clip because she gets an X4 multiplier... oh and if you do kill her the ult wipes your whole team even if FERNANDOS ULT IS UP AND SHOULD BE STOPPING IT FOR HIMSELF AND FOR HIS WHOLE TEAM IN A 70 YARD RADIUS "unaffected by damage over time effects" YOUR GAME IS BROKEN AND THE DEVS DIDNT EVEN READ THE PLAYER SKILLS CORRECTLY.
THE GAME IS FUCKED AND IMBALANCED.

Nope, it has waifus and expansion potential.
Dirty Bomb didnt. Gotta have waifus in 2016.

>with better character designs
No, not at all.
The Overwatch designs are original and fresh, Paladin character design belongs in Korean MMOs that nobody but koreans ever heard of.

>but it's actually improving on what it's ripping off
How?

you can try playing Overwatch instead

If the 15 million figure is from blizzard then you can expect that it isn't entirely correct.

When blizzard releases their numbers to their investors about WoW, they consider anyone as an active subscriber as long they have paid for a single day within 3 months. Not even logged into the game. They'll come out and they say they have 7 million active players with that figure, eventhough it's far from the actual active or concurrent players.

If Hirez was pretending to be like Blizzard in terms of reporting numbers, they would come forth and say they have over 1 million active players just because there are 1 million owners on steam alone. Does that make them active players? Not really, but Blizzard would use that figure like that.

What waifus? There are none.

CARDS!

I've been playing Overwatch since the open beta and I still love it.

I played Paladins for about 4 hours with some friends of mine and it just doesn't do it for me. Sure, it's fun, but it just isn't as good as Overwatch. There's less content, it's less polished, the characters feel cheaper, and the balance is much worse.

Overall I don't think Paladins is a bad game but Overwatch is just better.

>and then a skye ult kills barik and the fernando even if fernandos ult is activated and should be preventing it
gg imba game
see

So, basically your entire argument lies on the fact that Blizzard is lying, and that I should trust your assumptions because of what some user is saying?

Dirty Bomb had waifus. Even if one looked kinda like a koala and the other one was a lesbian, they were both pretty good.

>Put a lot of money and effort for years into making a game
>clash with another full price of the same genere and get your game's sales crippled
>months later another game of the same genre comes out and it's free and wildly popular

>mfw I'm not Randy Bitchford

It's just a more boring looking and less polished OW tbqh, you can feel that it's a F2P game.
Dunno, doesn't do anything to me.

Overwatch desings are all stolen copies.
Paladins are stolen copies of stolen copies.
I guess Overwatch wins this time in virtue of being a single copy instead of a double copy.
Still no originality in either games.

Dirty bomb has no content. Zilch, zero content.

Also devs refuse to listen to suggestions from the community.

I main Evie. I stopped giving a shit about Skye players a long time ago. I do expect her horseshit ult to get changed to something else though. Nobody thinks its a fun or healthy game mechanic to have less than 2 seconds to find cover or get fucked.

Can you cite a source that it's "wildly popular"?

>Overwatch desings are all stolen copies.
How come?
You can say they are archetypes, but that's all.

I have to admit, there was not a single skye in the game. I even had to point it out because THAT FUCKING PURPLE DPS FLANKING BITCH THAT MY RETARD TEAMMATES CAN NEVER KILL IS IN EVERY GODDAMN FUCKING JESUS LOVING FUTA SUCKING FURRY FUCKING GAME.

i'll stop playing when i can't pubstomp anymore

What does Overwatch copy exactly? I keep seeing this but no one posts examples

>Ashido
>Homestuck
Nigga no, that is not a homestuck character.

>Paladins' currently playing is like 3 and a half times higher than Battleborn's all time peak.

>Overwatch designs are all stolen copies
Please list all of them.

steamcharts.com
At least for now, I'm not denying it could die any moment since it's Hi-Rez we're talking about

Only losers play multiplayer games

I want to fuck that bellydancer elf

Google it yourself.

I'm a pretty big Coca Cola fan, but I don't fly into a rage whenever I see or hear about someone drinking store brand cola.

Felt like it had more content to me than Paladins has. Does Paladins still only have 3 maps or did they add more than the temple, forest village and ice place?

And a fraction of OW's current players. Get rekt.

i can only play a 5v5 pvp game if 4 of my friends are willing to play it with me -
there are far too many 12 year old brazilians in paladins who end up with 1/8th total damage of the worst next performing teammate

does overwatch have hot scalie men?

>Buck sucks
I hate that Buck is so awful overall. His shotgun feels so much better than Barik's IMO, but Barik is better with everything else.

>after what they did to Tribes
Yeah, I wouldn't trust anyone who releases patches for dead games.

As this guy said
Overwatch's characters are mostly archetypes.
You have Widowmaker, a femme fatale, Genji, a ninja, Pharah, who is egyptian, Mercy, who is basically an angel who revives people, Reaper, an edgelord assassin

>that all time peak

I mean yeah that's really good but that's not the numbers Overwatch was putting out the week of release.

>More content

It's been out for several years ya dingus

>Make bullshit claim
>When people ask for your source on your bullshit just tell them to find it themselves
And the little pussycat runs away.

The Hi-Rez CEO claimed on Reddit that the OW cast was stolen from Global Agenda, even though no one had seen those characters until he started crying about it.

Nah man, it's cool.

>Is there a strategy better for pushing the payload than putting two turrets directly on top of it

I put one on top and let another be pushed by it. Both on top always get blown up together for me.

It really only needs steam workshop support to doom overwatch.
When you can incorporate INFINITE WAIFUS as skins into the game there's no way to lose.

>It's totally not Reinhardt!
>It's totally not McCree!
>It's totally not Roadhog!
I prefer paladins

>Make a game to cash in on the shitty hero fps trend
>Copy Overwatch blatantly
>Make a thread to instigate the overwatch fans that jerk it to mercy three times a day
>Thread fills with the rabid crying from the actual waifu fags and shit posters shit posting shit posters
What will be the next game that follows this trend?

That much is a given. Thinking that anything will reach Overwatch's numbers is silly. That said it doesn't mean much to me at all so much as me just finding it sad just how hard Battleborn bombed.

Genji is a copy of Raiden
Widowmaker is a 1:1 lift of Taimanin Asagi
D.Va design is stolen from Evangelion
Zarya is a female Heavy
Bjorn is literally the Engineer as a Dwarf
etc.

The most blatant part however is the stolen gameplay elements. They were not even being subtle. But go ahead and tell me that Bjorn is not a copy of the engineer. Go fucking ahead.

My only wish was that Dirty Bomb could've had a competent developer behind it. The movement system in that game is perfect. Such little content over 3 years it's amazing. You could almost argue that is got LESS content overt time because a lot of the maps were chopped heavily to make them shorter. Of course, it got that execution mode, but no one plays that. If only. I'd be playing Dirty Bomb instead of these shit two games if Splash Damage knew what they were doing.

But then you can't charge for cosmetics.

overwatch doesn't have the first original idea, desu senpai.

>copied sniper from tf2
>copied turrets from tf2
>literally copied payload pushing from tf2
>can't get competitive right, just like tf2
>Ubercharge, just like Tf2
>Scout v Tracer accents

I could literally go on forever.

The Hi-Rez CEO is constantly high and treats the company like it's something fun to fuck about with with his retirement money

Mods only work on your side of the screen.
Cosmetics are about making OTHER PEOPLE see you.
It didn't stop other games and it won't stop Paladins.

>D.Va design is stolen from Evangelion

>But then you can't charge for cosmetics.
>He doesn't know how steam workshop works
>He doesn't know what warframe has been doing since forever.

>make a clearly f2p game
>charge $40/$60

Blizzard

>global agenda

Maan what a world we live in...

shhh. let the overcuck keep lying to himself that he didn't waste money on a f2p game.

Batted housewife syndrome blizzcucks will deny it while choking on Blizzard's dick.

Yep, it's the same experience for every map. Snore.

Paladins has the decency to release for free. That 60-80 dollar demo named Overwatch sure is great with its "stand here and wait for a bar to fill up" game mode. This isn't something I could do with any idle game. Woo-wee, thanks Blizzard.

Wow, lotta personal attacks, someone's angry.

Thanks buyfags.
FPS MOBAS are definitely an esport game changer. glad you guys could beta test the genre for us.

>Millions of people still buy it

And then everyone went ahead to copy Overwatch.

Copying is the ultimate form of flattery.

Yeah I'm angry that Blizzard can get away with so much creativity theft.
But I guess that's the way the world works. If you have a lot of money and a legion of brainless drones you can get away with whatever you want.

>Cred Forums liking battleborn
>lying on the internet

1/10 bait since I replied. You do know 100% of battleborn threads was Cred Forums talking shit about it right?

TIME TICKING

>be Blizzard
>move a finger
>fat virgins get mad

Not even an Overwatch player, that comparison is garbage. You're fucking mental if you think a girl in a suit piloting a fucking sphere on legs is ripping off evangelion. Don't grasp at straws to further you argument, it defeats it entirely.

Blizzard must really love TF2 then.

>All free to play games start out really high ranked on Steam.

Fractured Space?

>Make a game to cash in on the shitty hero fps trend
It started development before OW was a known thing. They're both ripping off TF2.

>stolen gameplay elements
Just the whole "payload" concept is obvious enough.

You obviously haven't been in all the threads

the game had die hard defenders since day one who would spam threads trying to talk about the game.

Just because you see shitpost doesn't make it false

not to mention Blizzard's meticulously considered TF2 Hat clone microtransactions

>you wouldn't want to miss out on these one or 2 super duper double rare skins that you want and will only be available during the Rio Olympics 2016, would you? better buy another $100 worth of loot crates to get your waifu that skin :)

More like everyone copied Global Agenda and TF2, Overwatch included.

>make a game that appeals to a fuckton of people
>it's succesful

TF2 was succesful, Paladins is succesful, Overwatch is succesful...

They made what the other two did, but Blizzard is the bad guy in this story?

>Nobody talks in Overwatch either friend.
That's not true. In almost every game there's a guy telling his team about how shit they are. But that's not a bad thing. After the first week I was bored out of my mind and these short-tempered guys offered more entertainment value than the game itself. I started a compilation of ice-walling them and the only reason I stopped was because I couldn't be assed launching the game anymore.

Imagine what would happen if OW was a free to play game since day 1.

>fat virgins get mad
Why would their fanbase get mad at them? They are OK with most of their games/updates.

>TF2
>Global Agenda
>and endless list of games overwatch outright stole

OH WAIT. THEY DO HAVE ONE ORIGINAL IDEA.
Micro transactions.
In a fucking 60 dollar game.

Neck yourselves.

Stay salty, Overcuck

>40k playing now
Yes and a million owners. I'm interested to see how far Paladins will go and how mad you guys will get about it.

TF2 alone though, nobody knew Global Agenda existed aside from Hi-Rez.

Pretty much the only thing Blizzard can do now is make it f2p, they're gonna lose hard to Paladins otherwise.

>wanting BRs, russians and all poor fags to shit up the servers

It would be awful

Which is completely fine with me.
They get money from retards, the game keeps getting supported, and I keep playing because cosmetics in a first person shooter are pointless.

You are literally paying for something everyone but you can see.

But does paladins have waifus

show me something better than the sex machine that is roadhog and I'll play it

;)

>comparing sales number to concurrent players number

wew lad

Hi-Rez is the devil, but so is Blizzard. And Valve are a bunch of greedy lazy fucks.
TF2 was good once, it's nothing but shit right now.
Paladins and Overwatch are both shit games that require no skill whatsoever to play.
Moral of the story: Play better games.

The Overwatch player base has already made up for that F2P awfulness

>ignoring the millions of sales and the amount of money spent on loot boxes and skins

you are fucking delusional

I'll give them a pass on "stealing" from Global Agenda. The GA comparison just shows how a lot of OW characters are so generic.

I'm sure Blizzard knew about GA. It's just that the character examples from GA just prove that HiRez didn't need OW to come up with some of the ideas.

How else would Blizzard outright steal from Global Agenda if they never knew about it?

Goddamn overcucks are delusional about their saturday morning cartoon game.

>Micro transactions.
>In a fucking 60 dollar game.

Sounds like pretty much all Triple A games.

>I Missed this post
Gold. I hope you're still around when Overwatch legit goes free to play to combat this, want to see what you say then.

>Goddamn overcucks are delusional about their saturday morning cartoon game.
Wow, that's a lot of anger.

Why are so many people so mad at Overwatch's existance?
I'm starting to think some people who claim to like Paladins don't even play it, and are just doing out of pure anger.

It's so funny.

MMOfags have been doing it for ages. Every remotely interesting MMO that's been announced in the past 10 years has been dubbed "WoW-killer".

Where's the fucking porn

No, Blizzard appeals to the masses, to the normies.
The only ones whining like mad about Overwatch are a bunch of Cred Forumsedditors.
Which means they are all fat virgins with no friends.

That doesn't change anything. That also doesn't make either Overwatch or Paladins bad on their own. Being derivative isn't necessarily a bad thing.

indeed drogor is op as fuck. the true noob tuber

Why would you go on the internet and lie?
You specifically.

All Blizzard has to do is release one (1) new character and the ball will be back in their court

Remember, BlizzCon is coming up and whatever is being revealed then is liable to one-up Paladins, if it hasn't already died off by then

>Talks about TF2 at any point in it's lifespan
>Says Overwatch and Paladins are bad cause they require no skill to play
They should dissect people like this after they die, somethings going on in their brains I'm telling you, there's got to be some kind of scientific value in understanding the thought process.

>Three sudden replies to a post out of the blue with no real counter-argument

Oh Hi-rez. You should wait awhile before doing things like that.

This, both games are pure trash, if you want to settle this, compare the porn.

Excuse me?

>B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-ut Paladins is bad!
>BAD!

Clorox + Ammonia

Bless online looks boring. With Legion out you really don't need a new MMO to play.

People don't realize that barely anything is original anymore be it video games, books, or movies. So many ideas have been done to death that making something derivative that also feels fresh is where most companies go

I seriously don't understand argument about skill.
There are clearly good and bad Overwatch players. And what differs good from bad is skill.

>While no one plays overwatch

You okay user?

Compared to OW/Pals, TF2 looks like Quake.

I didn't say Paladins was bad. I actually enjoy it quite a bit. Learn to read.

Exactly. Originality is overrated anyway. Doing things right is more important than doing new things.

Originality is about hiding your influences. I'm fine with people doing things "in their own words" so to speak, but if you're just gonna blatantly copy/paste shit word for word you don't deserve respect. Overwatch definitely copied TF2 in a lot of ways but they threw their own twist on it in most cases, Paladins' similarities are basically one for one.

How can Paladins even compete?

>Being derivative isn't necessarily a bad thing.

You're right, but a lot of people will dismiss games for being too similar to something else. There's room for both games, but we have to fight for some reason. Just play which one is more fun.

Skill floor, and Skill ceiling.
Both are extremely low. The game has no mechanical depth. What separates a good player from a bad one is not fast reaction time, good mechanical skills, etc. It's just which hero does what in X situation and Knowing the maps.
Of course from a financial point of view this is great. It makes player feel like they're amazing, and increases the game's appeal to the ever expanding casual crowd.

There's always reddit for those people.

Psst...

It's okay to enjoy both games, especially since one is free.

I wish he wasn't useless and underpowered.

>Battleborn is hobby-grade
Is anyone else triggered by the fact that people constantly confuse "hobby" and "entertainment"?

You wouldn't consider someone who watches the latest popular TV show a "hobbyist" would you?
Hobbyists are people who put a lot of care into something trivial/unsubstantial. The type of people to spend hundreds of dollars on flight/driving sim controllers or arcade sticks. Someone who just plays a shit game for a few hours a week isn't really a hobbyist, they're just entertainment-seekers.

>Game that was vaguely based off quake looks like quake
Yes it does, good observation.

>tfw I actually really like designated furfag character

Maybe because it's free, therefore there are more people not familiar with this kind of game trying it everyday.

I got bored of Overwatch after 3 hours, at least paladins lasted a bit longer sempai. Gotta give them that.

Man, i'm so glad Blizzard didn't create any furfag pandering character.
The porn of it is already bad with all the gay shit there is.

but that is the thing you DONT have to trust them. you can play paladins without spending a dime and won't have any disadvantage at all. it's essentially a free game, not even f2p.

post more cute paladins

All I have is cute (and superior) overwatches

That's all there is.

Fucking this

Dirty Bomb is probably the greatest game ever to be killed by dev incompetence.

That's the problem, 'everyone' isn't playing it, just the poorfags and shitters that can't afford Overwatch.

You can have them.

I don't like either games but it just seems like there are a lot of Anons shilling this free game for free.

You paladin fags are cringey as fug.

I olay overwatch when im not on wow or gave any other vidya to play. I played paladins and its quite fun. While i do see it introducing a p2w cash shop eventually or hide it as dlc or packs, i am enjoying it. Just dont want to invest a lot of time in the event it becomes cancer once its out of beta.

Its fun though.

>your game
>cheap copy
Not quite the same, OP

>Do they have to steal your credit card information?
I'd be impressed if they could pull it off. You can buy stuff through Steam instead.

What they said is that people didn't like the more unique parts of it. The old card system was crap anyways.

Is there porn of it

>tfw I have been in this thread shitposting for both just because it's fun

>and superior
Enjoy your irrelevancy.

>not having 3 internet connections to shill 3 times harder

You're only lying to yourself user.

Saying "this game is good" is pretty standard. Even for here. If you call video game recommendations in general "shilling" then maybe you spend too much time shitposting.

needs more porn to be considered a successor to Overwatch

Only character I've liked so far is Skye.

That kinda pisses me off. I tried Pip and found him annoying as fuck. His grenades are no fucking joke tho.

No, why would i be? Brazil deserves games too.

Why did you find him annoying? I find he's actually viable in combat while also keeping the team healed.

His ult is a bit of a gimmick but there's no real need to rely on it.

wow even the porn is garbage lamao

I require a source

>Overwatch sold over 10 million copies since launch
>Paladins has 40k players right now, on a Saturday

Yeah wow dude what a smash hit.

Why is viktor so OP?

Well, Blizzard actually payed r34 artists so there's that

No CD grenades and hitscan weapon with 0 recoil. Both those cards need gutted.

I kind of like his old design more.

>His ult is a bit of a gimmick
His ult is definitely very situational. I've used it to turn a fight around, but most of the time it's not that great.

Why are most healers men?
I really don't want to heal Fernando with a furry character...

number of people playing at any given time =/= total number of people to ever play it

I'm playing it and I'm level 300 in Overwatch

deal with my ejaculate, user.

And people say Cred Forums isn't contrarian

They got called out by blizzdrone for making female healer.

Why won't Blizzard release concurrent players numbers? Pussies? It would be interesting to see.

Yeah. I don't like champs with horseshit gimmicky abilities.

Should've given him an ult that adds uniue traits to his heal & grenade launcher & ability.

According to Steam Spy, Paladins has 700k people that have booted the game and 900k that have downloaded it.

That's less than a tenth of the people that bought Overwatch, and that's pretty bad for a free game.

Man, this is just like dota 2 killing League. How will Overwatch every survive now that someone is desperately trying to cash in on Overwatch's popularity? How will Overwatch compete?

Who is recommending this game? I just see shitposting.

>game called "Paladins"
>no Paladin character
EXPLAIN THIS

>, Paladins has 700k people that have booted the game and 900k that have downloaded it.

Source?

That's pretty amazing for a new game that only got one shitty game mode.

No she doesn't?

>Hi-Rez CEO claimed on Reddit
The CEO is actually banned from Reddit.

I feel like he must be first on the list for a rework as his ult is fucked. Half of the time it doesn't even work.

>According to Steam Spy

And it's not that high, even Dirty Bomb has 5 million people that downloaded the game.

That's because no one has yet ripped the models you dummy. Wait till that faggot LeeteRR gets his hands on Ying.

It's free, scratches the overwatch itch, and is kind of fun

I'm kinda upset I dropped money into the founder pack and recently I've been getting shoved into 100+ ping games. Can't even play Drogoz anymore because the lag affects the projectiles and adds a delay before firing.

Shit sucks.

>Paladin
>Posts a literal faggot with a retarded staff and equally retarded armor

Overwatch is the new Mass Effect regarding SFM porn.
You don't get to do that with the average looking characters of Paladins.
Ying is just a generic elf, they already scratched that itch off with Nidalee.

Well considering that TF2 started their competitive AFTER Overwatch then TF2 copied them.

Widow really isn't a copy of sniper at all
turrets, maybe
payload pushing, sure
ubercharge and ana's ult are not even close to the same
Your last point is too retarded to address seriously

>Dirty bomb
>June 2015
>5,347,736 owner
>134,836 players

>Memedins
>Sep 2016
>800k owner
>600k players

What are owner and players meant for?

Dirty Bomb and Overwatch have also been out for months and months. Paladins just came out. Of course it will have less total unique players.

Owners mean how many people have those games in their steam accounts.

The players in the last 2 weeks you should ignore it, the important is the daily peaks, which for Paladins is 34k, and for Dirty Bomb is 2500.

people playing it right now

Owners means anyone with the license attached to their account as far as i know, so anyone that downloaded or partially downloaded the game.

Players is people that have played the game, so actually booted it up.

The 134k is the amount of people that have played Dirty Bomb in the last 14 days

I wish I was better at rigging and animating. I could rip the models themselves easily, but I don't know faceposing and don't have the base models to make a lewd model.

No, the 600k is the players in the last 2 weeks.
Current players are not shown in Steamspy.

Die please holy shit.
This is why nobody plays with Russians.

...are you 12?

So when is this elf going to be added again?

>The players in the last 2 weeks you should ignore it, the important is the daily peaks, which for Paladins is 34k, and for Dirty Bomb is 2500.

>Heroes & general
>Sep 2016
>10,476,406 owner
>334,814 players
>Steams stat player are only 13k players online

Then how the fuck are this numbers meant anything for the success of a F2P games?
H&G got 10mil owner since last week and only got less than 20k players online at the same time now.

Dirty bomb is not even in steam stat kek no wonder then, the lowest one is Darks Soul with 3k players online.

5 Millions owner my ass,

Dropped my pic

I own Overwatch pre-order and I spent money on crates because I can afford to but I'm not a Blizzfag.

Is Paladins fun? I played TF2 since launch also, and I enjoyed TF2 a LOT more than OW.

OW is okay, but I feel NOTHING when I win, and I get salty when I lose.
Truly, the only winning move is not to play.

You do realize the TF2 Competitive mode was annouced and worked on long before Overwatch even came out? Sure, OW's own competitive mode probably nudged their lazy asses towards more activity, but the point stands. It doesn't even take a genius to google that.

Because autoaim. Seriously, why is there autoaim on a shooter, i cant understand.

What's your point?

Same situation as you and I'm liking paladins a bit more. It's a lot faster paced.

Reminder that Hi-Rez have a well honored tradition of making a good game then ruining it. Overwatch clone or not, this game is going to join the pantheon of games Hi-Rez made into trash

Literally the same shit, but feels less polished.
That's Paladins.

Announced doesn't mean implemented and surprise surprise it turned out to be ripped from Overwatch.

And really are you going to claim that TF2 is the first game to have a competitive matchmaking system?

>when he give you the B

>It's a lot faster paced.
What the fuck.
They are both COD-tier slow pieces of shit.

And your best example is Tribes, which still gets updates despite having only a dozen players.

She LITERALLY looks like a caricature of that Brianna Wu freak thing.

I own and enjoy Overwatch but there is nothing original about it.

Class-based shooters have been done better before (TF2, Global Agenda), cosmetic options have been done better before (dozens of games, NOT TF2 in this instance) and it literally copied the Payload game mode from TF2 exactly.

The Blizzard devs have openly said they took "inspiration" from TF2.

It's a TF2 sequel that adds new classes instead of new weapons and then increases the colour saturation on everything.

t. diamond

I was pointing out to the guy who calling out a game who having millions of accounts since last year meant nothing when it got similar numbers of online players as No Man Sky.

It's more overwatch being oppressively slow than anything good about paladins.

>Overwatch has far too much bad stigma behind it being a TF2 clone
>an Overwatch clone therefor sounds like a much better idea
Hey, let's go play the clone's clone, that "sounds like a much better idea".

Tons of boredom like overwatch, at least overwatch was polished, had interesting characters to play and had good looking skins

>Paladin thread
>Hardly any Cassie

Every fucking time.

POST CASSIE. POST CASSIE

That game always benn shit

>Overwatch being oppressively slow
How so?

> slow gameplay

If that actually looks fast to you I don't think we have anything we can discuss.

Game about putting tribal tattoos on biker arms no wonder why it blows

Don't put words in my mouth. I was responding to your (or whoever that was) wild claims that somehow TF2 ripped OW's competitive mode off, when they were already working on (the critical part that you must have missed) it for a long time. Or do you seriously think they whipped it up in a few weeks from total nothing just as a quick response to that? Come on.

>hey dr pepper drinkers, are you upset everyone is now drinking your drink for cheap?

As opposed to?

Let's start this shit
>Hi-Rez

Keep in mind you can play Paladins without steam. Many players aren`t included in those statistics.
they already cut character-specific voicepacks for the VGS thingy out of the game.

>Keep in mind you can play Paladins without steam
Keep in mind absolutely no one knew this game existed until it came out on Steam.

Tribes, UT, Quake.

Fuck even the new call of duty games play faster than that.

No, I'm happy that f2p trash siphoned off all the terrible players. Competitive has been much better since this.

I tried paladins once and went 85 and 0. It felt like playing dynasty warriors. Really awful, no balance.

there's no point supporting it

Global agenda was pretty fun. Never spend a dollar on it either.

>A cute archer girl with big fat tatas will never ever be your gf

>tfw barely any porn for this game

>Paladins currently the third most played F2P steam game for the last 3 days and only 10k user behind TF2.
>WIth only one game mode.

THIS IS NOT FAIR, BLIZZARD NEED TO STOP THIS BLATANT COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

>Tribes, UT, Quake.
Of course these do, they are maybe some of the fastest in the market.

>even the new call of duty games play faster than that.
Trust me, it doesn't.
They have jetpacks, and thrusts, but the movement is still the same slow shit from COD4.

Oh man, yeah. They must have been putting years of effort and real work into it to make it almost exactly like Overwatch's competitive mode while also coming out after it.

There's no way that TF2 could have possibly been trying to stay relevant in the wake of Overwatch's release.

>The Overwatch designs are original and fresh

>A giant knight dude in armour with a huge oversized weapon!
>A dwarf who specialises in builing things!
>A robot ninja!
>A character who switches between their battle-mech suit and a side-arm!
>A generic soldier!
>A german medic!
>A mentally unhinged explosives expert who shoots rolling projectiles and leaves traps lying around!
>A character whose bullets heal allies but poison enemies!
>A wild-west gunslinger!
>Samus Aran!
>Remember Jet Set Radio!? Blizzard remembers!

so original

Why devs keep censoring game?

You know you can pretty much trivialize every single character ever made in all mediums like that, right?

One F2P game that rides on the waves of Blizzard Overwatch? No fucking wonder.

Doesn't the latest one have wall running with thrusters or something ala titanfall?

If you think that's fast you ought to watch some competitive Quake or CS:GO

So, they both have one "fast" character, but "slow" characters can easily deal with them?

That's Black Ops 3, it has wall running, but it's also slow, and the thrusters thrust progressively, and it's not too fast either.

Due to map design, people still camp with their one hit kill sniper rifles.

Yes and its still slow as shit, even the wall running is in slow motion. CoD is downright unplayably slow. Titanfall 1 was much much faster, especially if you got gud

It's not that it's fast, it's just it's not slow either.
Quake is fast, but it's also maybe one of the fastest shooters ever.
And fuck CS:GO, CSS will always be better than that eSport bait crap.

>Due to map design, people still camp with their one hit kill sniper rifles.

IMO it's more "due to kids complaining if they try to fix COD". 12 year olds love 720 noscope headshot multikills from across the map.

Titanfall is much faster.
Advanced Warfare was a tad faster, but it had no wallrunning, and the gimmick of it is that you could make fast jumps, and quickly stomp into the ground, but that's it.

Underrated tbqh famicom

>Cred Forums playing hirez games
>after what happened to tribes
man this place really has become reddit

No, the slow characters cant really deal with Evie. The only time you should ever die as her is to a well placed Makoa hook and a team followup while youre stunned or a lucky OHKO from Kinessa.

No, what BO3 has is more of people simply camping with the sniper rifle that kills in one hit and with the thermal scope attached.
Quickscoping isn't too viable now.

They play safe because there's one killstreak that practically wins the match for you and it borderline spawn kills.

How easy Bliz can shutdown Paladins if they tried to file a lawsuit?

I meant, the were tried to shutdown Valve's DOTA 2 back then but failed due because Valve got money for it.
But since Hirez pretty much a shitty company I bet its easy for bliz lawyer to shutdown this game permanently, right?

>Hi-Rez Studios

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA

>Hi-Rez Studios

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHA

>Hi-Rez Studios

Holy shit that joke of a studio never gets old. Only thing funnier is the people that actually give them money.

No one is playing Paladins in Cred Forums, is just people who want to shit on Blizzard and bait Overwatchfags.

Randy Pitchford is probably among them too.

>tfw the game used to have three gamemodes and they all used to be better than the current shit one

I don't really care, desu. I have no interest in playing the game at all and all of the gameplay I've seen looks like awkward Battleborn-tier shit.

They are trivial "designs". The characters have no personality.

Occasionally swearing allegiance to "justice" or "talon", or cursing about "omnics" does not give characters personality.

What's ironic is that the over-designed Overwatch characters have these absurd convoluted backstories and a setting that is painfully designed to facilitate "deep lore" yet not a single character exhibits half the personality of any character from TF2 (minus the Pyro).

There is just something completely hollow about it. It's like the entire game gives me a sense of jamais vu: I can see that it has fantastic production values and that every character has been PAINSTAKINGLY crafted and created and the stages have incredible attention to detail.. But it still feels dead and lifeless in a way that other games with far less effort put into them just haven't.

The entire game gives me an eery kind of presque vu.

what?

They can shut down Paladins as much as they can shut down Games Workshop for making a game about space marines. Gameplay isn't copyrightable (or Valve would do it to them). Characters are copyrightable, but not as horribly generic archetypes.

HiRez's real mistake was making Tribes in the first place. They were stuck with an unprofitable game and an unpleasable playerbase.

easy Paladins will try to argue they are a TF2 inspired game and Valve would help them
for a small compensantion

This, to be honest

not so sure about that mate

>presque vu

>complains about characters having no personality
>while also calling them overdesigned
>while also saying that the character backstories are convoluted

You're trying to sound smarter than you actually are. Your entire post has a serious cognitive dissonance to it.

>Total wins: 0

>They were stuck with an unprofitable game and an unpleasable playerbase.

kek this, just look at TOXXIK.

>Game is dying with less than 1k players
>Dev make them F2P but with different servers and one game mode to promote their game
>They community mad at them for trying to keep their game alive.

Arena shooter fanbase are retarded.

>Valve would help them for a small compensantion

Valve doesn't need it. Putting Paladins on Steam is compensation enough. Valve gets a cut of microtransactions going through Steam, and most people will do it that way because it's so much easier.

He's saying they're overdesigned in looks and backstories, but the actual characters themselves are boring.

that's infinitely better than paying for stuff in a P2P game like in overwatch

Being over designed and lacking personality are not mutually exclusive. I'm not saying Blizzard aren't trying to give them personality, but it comes off completely fake and forced.

I enjoy playing the game, but I won't pretend it's perfect.

t. 2700 sr shitter

>h-he used a fancy word! better make fun of him!

>Game name is TOXXIK
>The community also toxic.

Poetry.

That's not the same thing as having no personality. I understood what he said.

Yeah, the game isn't perfect but honestly I don't care. I wanted a fun multiplayer shooter to play and I got it.

It's definitely the best one of it's kind out there. Don't even fucking talk to me about TF2 because I played that too and it's fucking boring.

Keeps the poorfags and underage out. Cool by me.

He's complete right, just presented in an overly convoluted way.
The problem with the Overwatch characters is that they have a lot of backstory where they don't need any, but no personality, while that should've been the focus

>F2P game to denied poorfag from buying a P2P game

This shitposting sound redundant.

>tfw couldn't get good before it got fucked

>F2P game to denied poorfag from buying a P2P game
Whoa, now this is shitposting.

crap I've been busted

not a big surprise there's bugs even in the player profile

>see this thread
>tempted to try Paladins out
>play a few rounds
>it's actually fun

>mfw the shilling actually worked

Okay, lets do some shit for Blizzard then. What personality should have Mercy?
Healslut is not an option

is cockslut an option?

>he doesn't know Blizzard is going to make an animated Overwatch movie

atleast there is no forced 50%

I dunno, hidden pervert?

I love how broken Buck is. Jumping, healing and bucking

youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg

Remember, Overwatch characters have n o personality

you are a special kind of retard, arent you??

>end each game with like 2 deaths on buck
>suddenly against a barihk & grover
>they just sit on the point with barihk's shields & grover's heals
>can't do anything

F U N

youtube.com/watch?v=jHgZh4GV9G0

more personality in this video than in every single Overwatch animation combined

They show next to none in the actual game.
They're more like action figures designed by market researchers than characters

Oh dude, play buck as a tank. if you see pip or grover get cauterize and then tank. You get your dps from your ult since you do double damage with refresh on all skills.

Wow, the characters in that game are as generic as can be

I play him as a lifesteal brawler
works well when you don't get cucked by grover & barihk

Didn't even need cauterize to stomp pimp with this because it just means you have to shoot him 2 times more, if he uses weightless you can just hop after him and he can't do anything anymore

It's funny how they changed his personality later in comics

I love TF2 as a game, but you're trying too hard right now, giving us a bad name

here's your (you)

this game looks so bad and unfun what the fuck

>That's because no one has yet ripped the models you dummy.
Widowmaker had sfm's 2 weeks before release.

Also Overwatch needs vids like "Meet the..." it will really help em with characters

> 18 death Evie

How are people so bad at this game

It's more like the other way around

I actually like that they don't talk to much in game. I find that in games where characters flap their mouths and never shut up incredibly annoying.

Did any other game mix KotH and Payload before? It's neat how it sidesteps ties and drawn out matches, the dominating team never needs to defend and run out the clock.

That's what the animated shorts are or are you too retarded to figure that out?

I want to try lifesteal soon when I get the cards.

I most only have heroic leap ones which is super fun.

Blizzard doesn't have a sense of style that would require.
They can either write cliched sentimental shit or poopy level jokes

that's actually my mate, it was his third game as evie

Him: seems actually challenging to die that many times as her
Me: so mate how'd you do it
Me: the public wants to know
Him: do what
Me: die 18 times as evie
Him: when did I do that

quality

(you)

I don't care about the game itself, but I'm tempted to download it just for that semen demon.

Have fun guys, reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/

this is a textbook definition of rationalisation

They are censoring them
good bye boob tattoo

What do you buy for items?
I tend to go lifesteal then 10% damage reduction depending on if they have more aoe or direct damage, then the reload thing because reloading is really fucking cancer with buck

I really wish self heals & lifesteal were shown in the healing statistic and posted on the forum about it

honestly I feel like the game has gotten a lot worse than it used to be in closed beta
Height of the game was when they significantly increased the movement speed and jump height of all the characters in the game

>that 2012 footage gui
daim

I usually go first with direct damage card first. Then I play with either more damage (focusing flankers/snipers) or reduce healing (focusing supports). After that I buy moral support to ult quicker and shred.

Sadly, I don't have any cards so I have to deal with these. I actually started to really enjoy this build

It's really not. I don't play games where the characters never shut the fuck up. It's the main reason why I don't play Borderlands beyond 1 or Battleborn.

It's also the main reason why I don't play League anymore because all of the character remakes have this exact problem. They try to be witty and spout shit all the time and it just comes off as annoying.

I bought rainbow 6 at the same time as overwatch, and I think it is infinitely better. The devs care about the game, and want it to succeed. Nothing about overwatch makes me want to play the game

R-remember me, guys?

is that 0-600 rather unreliable heal really worth the 4 points?

usually when I use my leap I'm either full health, jumping away or jumping for the kill when I don't need health
or does it hit people where you start off as well?

I'm an overwatch player and I can admit this game is prett damn fun.

Same here . Its way faster

But goddamn those designs are ugly

Honestly it was one of the best f2p FPS's I've played
A ton better than all the other ones coming out at the time that I tried

SHAZZBOT

Not really. Those are actually the only 5 cards I have unlocked so I have to utilize what's given to me.

Its good practice too since I leap onto a enemy, right click then left click. Fight for 3 seconds and I can leap again, all while having my q up. The healing is just an added bonus.

Also I don't use the reload, I was a first then I realized that i'm running into situations where I might have full ammo but no health. But it's your play style, I want to do what you do

tribes was so mediocre, your life isn't shit because tribes is dead it's shit because you're a fat retard with no self control

Siege is unfortunately a buggy, overpriced mess on a level worse than Overwatch.

>ripped from overwatch
6s is 5 years old, child.

Just checked the wiki to see kits

Each character has like 4-5 skills? lol this is literally the only improvement overwatch needs to make it worth a buy

Pro Choice + Epic Stillborn Heroes!

>Hi-Rez
Yes, play Paladins. Spend money on it. The game won't get absolutely shit on, I swear

I feel like without the reload "item" if you don't kill them in your first clip, you can't really do anything and you're forced to retreat

I'd say 3-4 instead
soldier 76 basically only has two, since one of them is "aim down sights" and another is "run faster"

Soldier has 4, though
>healing
>rockets
>sprint
>ult

I'd say if you think it's fun play it and enjoy it while you can before Hi-Rez decides to fuck it up. Maybe they'll have learned their lesson from the last game they killed, but I expect they haven't.

Yes, but the game is so fucking braindead easy that you don't need to pay yet. I won two matches in a row without dying just by holding the mouse button.

I'm talking about "soldier 76"

ah, that makes more sense

it's already too late
didn't they kill t:a before the actual release as well?

You only fight bots first 5 levels.

I played this game for an hour before uninstalling it, its total shit

>i played right up until I got my shit pushed in when I hit level 5 and started playing against real people