I haven't followed FFXV since it was called Versus...

I haven't followed FFXV since it was called Versus. Can someone fill me in on the whole Nomura-Tabata switch and why it means the game will be crap/amazing?

years of silence/cryptic hinting has driven fanboys to build an image in their head of the magical perfect game versus was going to be.

shortly after its rebranding as xv, nomura was moved to other projects and tabata was named director. interviews at this time noted that tabata was already effectively doing the job of a director under nomura's loose guidance, and that the title switch would allow nomura to formally commit his attention to kh3 and (we didn't know it then, but) the ff7 remake.

as the game actually starts to come together, story and game design elements change. fanboys assume that these changes (renaming the female lead, going from four fully playable party members to occasional direct control via special abilities, etc.) reflect a destruction of nomura's perfect amazing vision by hateful hack tabata.

however, since versus 13 never left concept prototyping stages, it's effectively impossible to assume what it would have looked like had it become "real." nearly all the supposedly horrible things about xv - road trip setting, action-rpg gameplay, huge open environments, heavy real-world influence in the art direction, etc. - already existed in the tiny, tiny sliver of proof-of-concept material we already had of versus.

tl;dr fanboys built up their personal perfect versus headcanon over the years, and are projecting their blame on easy scapegoats when the reality isn't an exact match.

FFXV was doomed to fail.

They made too many changes and took too long, now the hype is long dead.

Doesn't mean the game will be bad

FNC announced in 2006 nomura is director created basically everything for versus/xv.

07-08 planning phase, then they have one actual in game scene on ps3, but the team was taken to the XIII team to help speed up dev cause issues. Versus halted

09 xiii released, they go back to versus , 2010 XIV fails and they take versus team again for fix xiv, next gen comes nomura needs a new engine so they start working on it in 2011.
2012 is prototype. 2013 its the flagship next gen title. 2014 Tabata takes the seat cause square thought xv would take too long if it were a trilogy like nomura wanted.

Instead they make nomura director of FF7R and lets him do the multi part thing there cause they know it will sell anyways

I hate that Nomura is directing FFVIIR

He shat all over Cloud as a character. Should've worked with Nokima and Kitase.

Tifa literally smells like shit.

It's better they took too long. Better not to rush it

>He shat all over Cloud as a character
This.
If they wanna do FF7R right stay far FAR away from Anime Children and it's horrendous dialogue.

They shouldn't really acknowledge it at all, it doesn't have anything to do with the original game

I wonder what her armpits smell like after a long day in the gym and training kung fu.

I wonder if she makes her cocktails with her sweat.

Oh I'm not worried about that. I'm more worried about all those unnecessary utterances that usually plagues most anime every 30 seconds.

>the hype is long dead

lol versusfags are so delusional

I hope the remake acknowledges that Tifa is the best girl, and that Aeris was just a slut who sold her "flower" for cash

Oh, well naturally yeah. They could easily turn this into some emo faggot anime-cuttie-boy story. You could argue it already was, but I'd disagree, it had a good balance

Or at the very least share her insights about her actions every now and then from start to finish. You're still able to piece everything together from the original game but some people may not want to take the time to do so and just conclude that she's a shit.

Oh god no, it's going to bring that dumb debate back. Well, it hasn't gone away, but I mean really spark it again.

Quite the opposite.

The original game seemed to lean towards CloudxTifa in the end. No matter how low their affection was they still sleep together.

Then AC came along and they didn't share the same bed. It's clear they dodn't want to trigger Clerith fangirls, the tumblrites of their time.

If they retcon anything, it'll be to make the romance even more "neutral". I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned the Highwind scene to please Clerith tumblrinas.

Still slightly optimistic.

They just can't undo the hurt of 13, and I just couldn't get into 14, just can't mmo anymore.

My train stop has arrived.

suspenders are perfection

Post more tifa (cosplayers)

Hyped

>1, 3, and 4

>be young
>wear normal clothes

>grow up
>go full fucking retard with your fashion

>Liking 4 over 6
You a fucking gay nazi son?

>original game shits on you almost everytime you choose something that pleases yuffie or tifa instead of Aeris
>such as saying you need to save tifa after she gets choosen by corneo will make aeris butthurt, where if aeris gets choosen tifa likes that you want to save aeris
>people aiming for tifa are far more likely to get the barret daye than anything else

>Buy flower from Aeris and give to Tifa
>then don't remember Aeris later in the game
>pick up Tifa's underwear in dream

Done. You get Tifa as along as you don't go down on Don Corneo.
Done. You get Tifa.

What bothers me about this is that Aeris is Zack's girl. They even end up together in the ghost dimension. So why they gotta push Cloud and Aeris so hard.

Which FF girl would you marry and impregnate?

Tifa

Tifa

lulu

Because Zack is dead
Cloud thinks he is Zack
Aeris is intrigued by Cloud because he reminds her of Zack

The two have an early connection in the game that later becomes a central point of Cloud's whole story arc. Without that disc 2 and 3 don't make as much sense.

But its not as if the game doesn't also show you how artificial their relationship is.

I wish this wasn't the only game in the series with ending bonuses like that.

Quina

Faris

Tifa

Freya

Tifa and fuck you for derailing the thread

Yuffie
Any other answer is wrong and tifa fags need to grow up

Terra

Tifa is only popular because of her sexy design.

Then explain why Lulu is just as sexy but isn't nearly as popular.

Same goes for women

Belts.

Don't let the feminists hear that, they'll go into whale rage.

>tfw remember some cosplayer that did Tifa a couple of times
>best pair of tits I had ever seen
>don't remember her name
Why I never saved those images is beyond me

Relm

>girl

>In-her-prime jenifer conelley will never play a live action Tifa.

Every day I struggle to find reasons to wake up
This didn't help

Im sorry user, i can't stop ;_;

But for real, im almost certain they may have ripped of this design for FF7. Even the ear rings...

Nomura, the creator of all of the good Final Fantasy titles (VII, VIII, X), designed a grand story for Versus XIII.
The story was deemed too intricate and ambitious for the current video game market, so they put a random "no fun allowed" guy in his place, Tabata, and as a consolation moved him to the VII Remake.
Tabata destroyed everything the game was to turn it into the same generic western open-world RPG and pander to fans.

>VIII
>good

And VII is only good because Sakaguchi layed the groundwork and Kitase and Nojima helped.

If it were up to Nomura everything would be like Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus,

I was not ready. For this.