So now that Blizzard managed to kill the two classes that were my mains in one stroke alongside my desire to play their...

So now that Blizzard managed to kill the two classes that were my mains in one stroke alongside my desire to play their game; is it too late to start playing FFXIV?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/iYdSau5R
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63112-Race-Naming-Conventions
youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI
youtube.com/watch?v=rmQFcVR6vEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never too late, they reset progress every 5-6 months

Go for it. General's on /vg/ for biased opinions.

Game is shit, don't bother.

The general on /vg/ is not meant for anyone sane. Don't go there for any opinions on anything.

its not too late, but you should not rush it, it can be very comfy, if you let it

Bait
Juat wait for the bidaily threads here. /vg/ is a bunch of erp fags

Never been there. Just seen it in passing.

So wheres the place I can become a crafter/fisherman(want to start making dosh)? Currently at the treehugger area and just hit 17

you can become a crafter in gridania, too, but fisherman is in limsa lominsa
you will unlock air travel between all three cities soon, just follow the main story

Crafters are in every city, fishing is in Limsa

Ul'dah has mining, goldsmithing, weaver, and alchemist
Gridania has botany, carpentry, and leatherworking
Limsa has fishing, armorer, blacksmithing, and culinarian

>wanting to be a jew in game
GL, if you want to reach end game crafting you need most of them leveled for their skills and to make eachother gear. As well as having at least one gatherer to get money/gather materials.

it's pretty fun, after you've exhausted the casual content and try the raids it can last for a while

Just know that the game is really slow till you get your first class to 40-50

really slow. if you can make it past that hurdle, youll probably have fun

Fuck off with your shill threads, shitters.

>sophia in 3 days

ready 2 cum on my monitor desu

Recently added a really great entry way into the game. Gives super fast exp, has instant queues, and after running it repeatedly to get to max level, you'll get a pretty much raid ready weapon. The next cycle begins this tuesday, and if you can plough through the story- which is fucking long as shit, you can probably start raiding say... 2 weeks from now? depending on how dedicated you are. I would also say it depends on what you like playing as. If you like support there are support classes in game but they're not really that great, healers need to do dps as well, and tanks are pretty straight forward. I'd say that it's pretty fun but incredibly repetitive. Everything looks and sounds amazing but there's some ui problems because of ps3 limitations. Community is pretty nice, almost a bit too much lol.

I've played for almost a year, and I'm still having fun.

Disregard that,
How can I improve my girl? I'm attached to the hairstyle, but it makes her resemble Y'shtola too much. Should I just change the hairstyle or remake her from scratch?

>old Y'shtola hair
a literal faggot

no matter what you do youll just be another generic cat, stop

>have to install VPN just to play ninja at full power

yoshida is a hack

I'm thinking about rolling a tank, what's the best way to learn dungeons and shit without ruining other people's runs?

just watch video run throughs?

>pitch black thicc goddess who judges you

muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccc

generic face, overused hairstyle. Looks like every other catgirl

The story ITSELF gets you to max level twice as fast as any other method, idiot.

And the method you're talking about (Palace of the Dead) is far slower EXP than just doing dungeons, and near-useless after level 50. It also doesn't get you a "raid-ready" weapon, it only gets you a passable weapon for casual content.

The most it's good for is breaking the monotony of dungeons when leveling alt classes when you've already done all the story content.

disgusting dark lip color

>ilvl 235
>Not raid ready

Just how bad are you?

use headgear with a mask or something so people can't see your sameface

I don't.
Your internet's shit m8.

the 210 weapon with 220 gear can clear 5 and 6. the 230 weapon can do 7 and 8

how much help do you need?

i want that giant face to suck my dick

step 1: reside in the first world (USA does not count as first world anymore)

>And the method you're talking about (Palace of the Dead) is far slower EXP than just doing dungeons, and near-useless after level 50. It also doesn't get you a "raid-ready" weapon, it only gets you a passable weapon for casual content.
don't listen to this guy at all

Dungeons are piss easy. You don't need to watch videos to ruin the semblance of challenge the bosses will offer. Just learn to keep enmity and when to mitigate damage.

An i235 weapon is amazing for someone hitting level 60 for the first time because their other options will be paying for an i250 crafted weapon or grinding the tomes and Midas to get an i230 weapon. It's also great to get grade V materia which they can either keep or sell for gil, and prices are probably going to go up with a new raid tier coming out on tuesday. The XP isn't slow either.

The main reason for lag in FF14 is due to physical distance from the game servers. How good your internet connect is doesn't matter at all. Personally I have great internet, but because of my distance from the closest game servers it takes like 1/2 second for any input to actually reach the servers and get back to me.

If you're in Europe, you're fucked because the European servers are in fucking Montreal, Canada

>If you're in Europe, you're fucked because the European servers are in fucking Montreal, Canada
They were moved to the EU ages ago.

>If you're in Europe, you're fucked because the European servers are in fucking Montreal, Canada
They moved them to Germany last October.

>Midas
>Relevant

i235 is 10 levels below the MINIMUM requirement for the only raid that will be relevant from two days on, you samefagging retard.

And PotD is objectively far slower than dungeons and even FATEs. A full run of all 50 floors will only get you half a level once you get to the high 50s, while one single 15 minute dungeon roulette will get you almost as much.

I know what I'm talking about, you don't.

It's definitely too late to start playing FFXIV, you'll get bored way before you catch up because it takes AT MINIMUM one month to complete the MSQ and those are mandatory for end game raids.

11 months behind the times

if you have literally 500 ms lag, you have more lag than I get on japanese servers which are 20,000 km away from me, so yes, your internet is pretty shitty

Yes it WOULD have been smart if he started playing a month ago, idiot.

In two days the Lore weapon will come for spare change, and can be upgraded to 240 after just one run of the 24-man raids.

250 crafted weapons and primals weapons come out next week

when it was relevant, POTD weapons were fine

furthermore new floors are coming out

so again, youre simply an idiot. the 235 weapon will certainly help get the 250 weapon

>15 minute dungeon roulette
What the fuck? with duty roulette its a godsend if you get a run that fast
most of the time people are so bad or undergeared that it takes 25-35 minutes

Oh.
This is good info. Just got back into it after a two day break and have been slaving away for the i235 from PotD. Guess I'll just run roulettes and get the Lore weapon then.

>not just being a kickass tank and constantly pull without rest

not him, but its true, not even an ilvl 240 character is raid ready for 3.4, because no one is
you need the new gear

>In two days the Lore weapon will come for spare change, and can be upgraded to 240 after just one run of the 24-man raids.
Yeah, we really want people grinding out 900 Lore, VA, WC and A8 with an i145 weapon. An i235 weapon is almost as good as an upgraded Lore weapon and you can easily get one ready while you level, plus it saves tomes to use on other pieces of gear. And again: new players will want gil, and the materia from PotD can give them that.

you should get a max level save file anyway for the new floors

>>need the new gear

the first 3 turns will be beatable with 240 BiS.

or he can get an easy 235 weapon to help get the sophia weapon

>Khloe
>suncat

besides that I love this artist's work.

and coil turn 5 is theoretically beatable in ilvl 55 gear, but that does not mean you should do that

im not spending gil on 250 gear when im competent enough to clear it in 240 bis

Stop being such massive idiots. A new player won't be getting any weapons from Sophia EX anytime soon, i235 or not. And you'll have far more than 900 lore just going through the main story since every dungeon will get you ~140 lore the first time.

There is literally no reason to waste a dozen hours doing PotD for a shitty, ALREADY obsolete weapon that will be EVEN MORE obsolete in 2 days.

why the fuck are ERP'ers so damn good at this game?

its like I see a skank catgirl with their wall of emotes and I think, "theres no way im going to take this person seriously" and they end of decimating at what they do.

Autists are good MMO players, this should not come as a surprise

>And you'll have far more than 900 lore just going through the main story since every dungeon will get you ~140 lore the first time.
Are you retarded? You're suggesting that a new level 60 person should stick with their i145 weapon until they run enough dungeons and trials (and force anyone they get matched with to suffer) to get the required items instead of doing a few PotD runs while leveling which will give them a good weapon, XP and gil.

>acting like there wont be a new weapon at the end of the new floors

he can still get a save file there

he could just run the dungeons added from last patch for some i215 stuff

Which is best server for NA?

Those dungeons don't drop weapons, and if they want i215 armour from those dungeons the runs will go easier with a PotD weapon.

Is there a damage meter in this game? Cant play DD without a damage meter

I wish there was a website that let you search for information

kek that general made me drop the game before I gave it an honest chance. Compared to singleplayer games, the community actually matters in MMO's.

>Grind extremely slowly to level 60 in PotD
>Do main story
>Millions of EXP from main story wasted
>Spent twice as long getting geared up just to get a weapon that is already obsolete anyway

Holy shit you are stupid. You are in the same category of people as those who level to max by killing random enemies in the field.

There's really no reason not to grab a PotD weapon if you're a new player. i235 is no slouch even in 3.4, and its certainly better than anything else you can get as a fresh 60 (scrip tome weapons are probably gonna be gated behind 7 weeks again unless you raid). It's like what, 5-6 hours of work total to clear floor 1-50 two or three times.

And perhaps the most important thing is you get a V materia to sell for every floor 50 clear, which is an astronomical amount of money for a new player. That shit still sells for several hundred K, its hard to beat getting a free weapon and a million gil when you hit 60 for the first time.

There is, look around for it. Sooner or later these kind of apps turn you into an asshole tho.

>he fell for the DH meme

You can't possibly be so stupid as to believe /vg/ represents even 1/10000 of this game's community.

Not to mention the community DOESN'T matter, since this is basically a single player game with MMO elements and you never have to interact with anyone.

Im on my phone...

So I resubbed. I gave away ~20mil before I left to my FC. Now I need money. Most efficient way at the moment?

You don't grind to 60 with PotD. It's maybe 6 or 7 1-50 runs for a weapon and

How's the undercutting going on those fish for you familion?

You should just stick to WoW because FF14 is full of weebs that suck and have no skin. Literally several people got kicked from a linkshell because Autismo isn't a approved word in their safe space.

Stop samefagging you complete retard. You've already been proven wrong multiple times over.

Ways to get a level V materia to sell:

1: Run FIFTY FUCKING FLOORS of a dungeon
2: Run ONE(1) single casual raid that takes 30 minutes

GEE I WONDER

/vg/ does represent more than 1/100,000th of the games opinion because the game only has about 80k players.

Can you run that casual raid at level 30?

>ff14 is full of weeb skeletons
Fuck mate that's spooky.

>black

fucking dropped

sjws fuck it all up again.

What are the chances of a sale when this patch hits?

I want to get it, but I live in Canada and fuck paying like 70 dollars for an expac and a sub.

why do you need grade 5 materia at level 30

Don't bother. It's not going on sale. This is Enix's cash cow. They need to keep it at full price so they can fund FFXV. You'll never be able to play the end game anyways.

you might see vanilla go on sale but not HW. it's current content

>It's not going on sale.
It's always on sale

Nice bait, but too obvious.

That's interesting because it's not on sale right now.

I'd play Revelation instead.

pastebin.com/iYdSau5R is from the general they made on /vg/ that died because it was made too soon. Beta isn't until some time in October.

30 minutes once a week.

That doesn't give EXP or a good iLevel 235 weapon with (usually) det/crit.

>mfw living in australia playing on a US server and still more capable of dodging than 99% of DF shitters

Truly this game can be hell

Gil, or to have a bunch ready for when you hit 60.

Just buy the base game for like $10, it will last you for a month anyway and you get that month free with the purchase.

Then only if you're still interested, you can consider buying the expac.

ARR and HS for 30 bux is good

those are some nice legs

No one's saying to get to 60 exclusively through potd, but there's zero reason not to at least full clear it 2-3 times to get your weapon and a handful of V materia out of it. Hell, at least you'll finally have something productive to do during that 46-49 phase where the msq suddenly doesn't give you enough xp anymore and you have to hit up NT fates.

I'd have killed to have had a million gil handed to me just like that when I was a sprout without any crafters set up. That's a hell of a lot of money to get yourself set up, and you'd be asinine to think otherwise.

>aspect ratio

The worst part is there's one inside of you right now.

I pirated the XV movie to watch, I reckon some of my sub money went to fund it anyway so no guilt.

Oh look, another blade & soul / black desert

Looks nice but will die quickly because of it's trivial content

Is Revelations going to be The Next Big MMO? If so, sign me up.

>Try out AST since they're getting fuckhuge buffs
>Damage output is shit

God damn

>HS

>Long spidery legs

Reminds me of the max-height tranny looking motherfuckers in Second Life.

Ok, you little shit.

You = healer. Stand in the back in your stupid dress and fucking heal. Let the big boys do the real damage, sissy.

>Crafting that matters (best gear comes from crafting)

Nevermind. I want to play a video game not watch my character hit an anvil over and over for fourty minutes.

in game . no

you have to download it, most people get ACT. Its excellent to have to improve. Everyone will advise you not to tell others you have a damage meter, I doubt SE would ban anyone for using it though.

Abyone else not raiding for 3.4? How do you plan to spend your time?

Uh, yes there is a reason not to do that.

The reason is that it's more than a DOZEN HOURS WASTED of your life, and no one who isn't a complete neet should even consider it.

And gil isn't worth SHIT in this game, the only thing worth spending it on is raid food anyway.

There's at least a 95% chance that you're wearing a dress too.

My dress isn't stupid.

There's no reason to play if you're not going to do raids.

Il raid a bit but alexander has been underwhelming for me. I have more fun in weeping for gods sake

They can, and have, banned people for mentioning it, even in guild chats. You can say generic shit like "DPS seems low" but never call out a specific player or mention actual numbers/differences in dps, like "man BLM you're doing shit compared to the tanks, get your shit together"

Dunno if I even want to come back. Apparently you miss out on content if you didn't kill bahamut in 1.0. My guild disbanded shortly before HW so I'm shit outta luck. I hate missing content.

This is the impression I'm starting to get. My friends quit and I don't feel like raiding without them.

So I don't really know what to do now.

Dumbass. That "slightly altered text" from the update is if you killed the 2.x Bahamut coils.

2-3 runs should take 4-6 hours at the most. And if we're really talking about wasting life, may as well buy a character that's already level 60.

You can still beat bahamut before you finish that quest, its not like youll be locked out.

You mean 2.0 I assume. Even so, if you beat the coils before Tuesday you can still get credit for that, people're rushing to do it so now's a good time.

My guess is that It's two lines of text at best, so it doesn't really matter.

Even if it was a 5 minute cutscene given only to those people who did it, who gives a shit? You can just watch it on youtube.

What about the sense of accomplishment? Of it being actually for your own character?

Yeah, nothing worse than being locked out of content because you weren't playing at the time or didn't have the resources. Pretty bullshit and is one of the big reasons I'm not going to renew my sub next month.

>not doing it yourself and making your immersion seemless
You suck.

If you're looking for sense of accomplishment, you're too late.

Just ask for a run on the PF you autist

>Oh no I'm going to miss out on 2 completely pointless lines of text that mention something I did before
>Better unsub

I tend to believe that if the game didn't have "Final Fantasy" in the title, people wouldn't tolerate it once they get close to endgame.

- Rewards are basically worthless and 100% completely replaced every few months. Nothing is unique, special, or actually valuable.
- Endgame is uninspired Simon Says where it's more important to know the fights' mechanics than it is to be good at your job unless they throw in a DPS check.
- Patronizingly easy content. Like... easy easy EASY. Players routinely reach high ilvl while still being clueless about how to play their class. All difficulty is artifical in the form of team-jumprope + OHKO.
- World pretty aesthetically but bland, static, and plastic with no threat or adventure. Virtually impossible to die outside.
- No risks taken with design. New content often feels like triage-mode development, trying to keep people interested.
- Zero-accountability status-quo development in keeping with SE's "you will play our game our way" mentality.
- Instances are 100% completely scripted. Fights are Identical every time you do it to the point you can run them with your eyes closed after one clear, or less if you watched a vid.
- Terrible, toxic community, likely thanks to all of the above.
- Virtually no character customizability. Truly only one "best" way to play every job in the game.
- Fastest way for players to get something they want is to not play the game thanks to SE's overnerfing everything constantly. Eg. having access to better gear AND getting absurd amounts of echo AND having mechanics watered down to the point your greatest risk of failing a run, no matter your ilvl, is of suffering a stroke in real life.
- Content and grind designed to eat up as much of people's time as possible while being just okay enough they won't get fed up. Even stuff as simple as the movement speed is -just- fast enough for most people to not get annoyed.

Dude it's a couple lines of text.

>Getting anything done on PF

Come on user, shill harder.

That's still a waste senpai. IIRC you end the 60 MSQ at i135 and the ilevel cap currently is 240 which will be closer to 270 in 3 days. It's going to take you a good month or two especially since you neither have the gear let alone raid experience to get all the gear necessary once you hit 60 to reach the new item level cap as melding grade v materia into gear that isnt at the cap is a complete waste of money and materia.

I don't play videogames to feel accomplished I play to have fun.

You miss out on equally much "content" by not doing the DRG job quests before Heavensward.

Yoshida shouldn't even have mentioned that Coil dialogue thing, it's causing a rush of casuals beating it unsynced when they should have taken their time and cleared it properly.

Is there really nothing fun go in this game if you do not raid? Is there really nothing at all?

I played around a bit on a friend's account and the game was pretty fun, so I decided to sub.
>Speak to Minfilia at the waking sands.
How long does this bullshit go on for? Fuck.

Are you retarded? Seriously?

That goes on until you are literally almost done with the base game.

>he fucking fell for it

>Not even trying to refute the point

Oh just autistic then.

But I'm a dragoon main..what's different?

Until Heavensward. Then the story and quests get hugely better, but unfortunately it takes a while to get there

Only 5% of the people playing the game clear the raids. Obviously the others find other things to do.

It's also pretty funny how all 5% of those hardcore raiders are posting in this thread.

And by "it takes awhile to get there" he means two weeks minimum

>gives you a magical equivalent of a cell phone
>dude lmao come speak to me in my office

The new player bonus will make all the people who are farming their relic flock to your party you idiot.
Asking for a Coil run is like asking for people to fuck your ass for free.

It doesn't work like that. You run dungeons for mats, or currency to buy mats, and then craft the armor at NPCs.

The other crafts work like that, however.

There's a lot of content. A lot more than BnS and Black Desert.

With the way leveling and gearing works, you can't bulldoze your way to max level either.

The PvE is challenging, but I do agree that it could get boring after a while, once everyone learns all the content. They said they have a "10-year plan," however, and updates are fairly frequent. There's also more to the game than running dungeons.

Thanks

Then you fucking do coil synced like a non-casual and just don't progress the main story until you clear it. It's not impossible to get a group, just be dedicated. Or do you want to "feel accomplished" without putting in any effort?

Oh and you probably already missed a bunch of extra dialogue in the main story from not having done other things too. You get an extra personal conversation with the Sultana in 2.55 if you started in Ul'Dah, an extra scene with Tataru if you've leveled Arcanist, extra dialogue with Y'Shtola's sister if you've done the SMN job quests, and a TON of extra dialogue for having done the DRG quests.

It's mostly wannabe's who shit up the threads, who can't clear A8S.

>It doesn't work like that. You run dungeons for mats, or currency to buy mats, and then craft the armor at NPCs.

That's not fucking crafting then though?????? That's the same bullshit FFXIV has going on

If you had half a clue about this game you would know that anyone can make a Coil group in PF and get carried through it unsynced anytime, since it's a ton of bonus poetics for the others.

And you might also know that it's not impossible to do it synced if you so wish.

How much is a 'ton' of bonus poetics?

>implying people would give a shit about WoW if it didn't have the Warcraft name attached

MMOs are kinda like fiat currency, people care more about stability and reputation and will happily overlook minor flaws if the former qualities check out. The warcraft and final fantasy brands are like the USD of mmos, big, boring and stable.

You're welcome to try all the other special snowflake mmos out there, but dont complain when they turn out to be the equivalent of zimbabwe dollars or meme euros.

Why is the marketboard so full of kikery? Is RMT basically required at this point?

Do you even read the dialogue? Ever?

Final Fantasy is hardly stable any more.

100 per turn

i'd run shitters through all day if I got that fucking bonus every time desu

Yes, read it all. Do you mean the class thing? I just assumed they would replace "you're such a mighty dragoon" with "you're such a mighty [insert class]"

So is the game still grinding dungeons for tomes every week, then logging off until your cap resets, or have they made the game interesting yet?

Also, are the bosses still synchronized jump roping with OHKO moves, or have they made the game interesting yet?

What exactly are you trying to buy that's so fucking important that RMT is 'required'?

And no, people have just made a lot of gil and the market reflects that. For fuck's sake after aquapolis hit people can introduce 1.125m gil to the game by getting to floor 7.

But if you really need gil, get into crafting or gathering.

>I doubt SE would ban anyone for using it though.
>tfw 2005 playing FFXI
>more than half of the population is using 3rd party windower since game LITERALLY doesn't have a windowed mode
>SE bans thousands of people for playing in windowed mode

Estinien bros it up with you throughout the expac and sees you as his equal. It made HW way more comfy for me after getting through 2.0 as fast as possible when I bought it last year A realm awoken was a mistake and I hope to god that they don't have an equivalent to it for 4.0

If you've beaten the lv50 DRG questline Estinien refers to you as an Azure Dragoon (even if you're playing a different Job), if you haven't, you're just the WoL.

depends on your server
dead servers have fucked economies thanks to RMT
megaservers have a good economy but it's full of undercutting jews so it's tough to make a profit unless you capitalize hard and early

you can get gathering tomestones too desu

Gonna use this pedestal to gloat about my luck.

>6th ever Ravana EX fight
>Whistle drops, first whistle I've ever seen drop.
>Roll Need.
>93

Jesus that hurts. They took the worst and laziest part of the end game and made it even more of the end game.

This game deserves to die.

nice fps dude

are you playing on a ps2 ?

ps 3 limitations

Game already is dying. Less then 300k people completed the main story of HW.

this kid's a fucking retard.

the main story is pretty great, and you'll make friends along the way hopefully if you're not an autist. that will shoehorn you into endgame gearing/dungeoning/etc. progress also gets hard reset(ish) with each content patch update that adds a new level of gear, so if you're fortunate you'll hit endgame around the time a new tier comes out.

If you've done the DRG quests, you already know Estinien before he first shows up in the main story.

Obviously this changes his behaviour towards you.

>Ps3
Why would some one do this.

Well assuming you finished HS' storyline, you can continue the MSQ, fight the Warring Triads (which are things from FF6), You can go do all the Trials bosses you haven't done yet, Do the Sidequest lines, Explore Diarem, get into crafting/Material gathering to get $$$ to get into housing, or just do other dungeons in order to get weapons/gear to Glamour. Also, you can PvP cuz' its fun.

This game isn't as raid-based as WoW, but they are really fun and quite casual-comfy tier, which makes them chill and nice.

So is WoW still grinding for item levels every week, then logging off until your instances reset, or have they made the game interesting yet?

Had to reduce fps in the webm to upload it.

>HS

Tomestones are literally grinding for ilvl with an extra step.

Is there anything worthwhile to spend all these Allied Seals I'm getting from hunts on or are only Centurion worth anything?

>chinese MMOs

you know better than this Cred Forums

>grind tomestones to get a guaranteed reward
vs
>grind this dungeon 10x for a chance to get a reward
hmm

>Falling for someone's forced meme that was never even remotely true

Holy shit kill yourself.

Over a million people have cleared the main story of HW. Less than 300k people had completed *the most recent patch* just after it came out.

Honestly it can be HS or HW, either way you understand what I'm talking about

>Go to install FFXIV after taking a long ass break from the game (haven't even touched HW content yet)
>Get HW and start finishing off main quests from the core game with my free month trial
>Security Authenticator logged out for some reason soon after
>Literally can't log back in because I was supposed to write down some emergency key a thousand years ago when I first made a SE account, and I don't have it
>Was on a military base at the time, so my weekdays were flooded with zero free time and I could only play/use the phone on weekends
>SE support line is only open from 9am-6pm on weekdays

A whole month of game time gone, and I never went back.

>HS
>Triads
>Diarem

Why are MMO-players, and especially WoW players, so fucking dyslexic/retarded

It's always like this. Even articles on MMO news sites and wikis are invariably written like a half blind 12 year old autist wrote them.

Either way you have to grind the dungeon, the advantage of WoW is that you might be able to stop after the first week rather than need to do it for a month.

You could have just sent them an e-mail, retard.

RNG loot is only good for people without a goddamn job.

I did twice, and I never got a responds. I had to go out of my way to ask someone for the support number at that, because they didn't place it anywhere you could easily find at the time.

FFXIV gives you the option to do other content like PvP, Treasure Maps, Wonderous Trails, Aquapolis, World Bosses, etc to get tomestones to get PVE gear.

To get PvE gear in WoW, you have to run the same dungeons over and over until you get lucky or do world quests and hope you get lucky again.

Gee I'm sorry user, forgot Cred Forums was as demanding as my Composition from freshman year when it comes to grammar and spelling. But even then you know exactly what I meant.

Grind loot is only good for people without lives.

The advantage to FFXIV is that you're guaranteed to get your tomes every week instead of relying on RNG.

>extra dialogue with Y'Shtola's sister if you've done the SMN job quests
She says something along the lines of "Oh hello ! Good to see you again. What are you up to today?" instead of acting like you are a stranger and that is the only difference.

>and a TON of extra dialogue for having done the DRG quests.
you're kidding right
it's like three lines OVER THE ENTIRE MAIN STORY where estinien acknowledges that you are also an azure dragoon

and then once where hralsvalgr MIGHT be calling you the azure dragoon but he could just as easily be talking about estinien

>an extra scene with Tataru if you've leveled Arcanist
This was actually very cool but don't act like this sort of thing is commonplace in the game. It is a very rare cutscene acknowledgement of what you the player have actually done in the game that possibly not everyone else has done.

WoW is just Diablo 3 they put Jay wilson as the director and everything about the game now screams Diablo 3

MMOs shouldnt have RNG loot and not painfully long grinds either. There needs to be an inbetween

aquapolis gives a shitton of tomestones, along with other misc items
palace of the dead gives a shitton of tomestones at lvl 60, probably even more after the 50th floor this update
do a few daily roulettes if you really feel like it

I hit the weekly cap without even trying
dont be a dummy who just spams dungeons nonstop

Actually it's better for people with a life because you just have to run a 30 minutes long dungeon every day.

Nigga, you can literally budget Grind loot and accurately depict how long it will take to get a full set. It is the most time saving method of loot grinding an MMO can possibly do.

Literally replaying a single dungeon 10 times without a single drop is fucking maddening, and makes the entire run a worthless endeavor at that.

What did he mean by this?

The thing with RNG looting is that it gives players a reason to do dungeons agains, and allow other players to receive that experience you did.

If you were given all the gear you wanted as soon as you finished the dungeon once, there's no reason to go back and doing it again. And even if you only had to do it a few times and get one gear at the time, it would just take a few weeks of it being released before a dungeon becomes empty and dead.

I think he meant "they reset progress every patch"

The adult world generally does expect you to type like an adult, user.

Everything you earned before the most recent patch is meaningless

>Cred Forums
>adults

There's more examples than you are listing. For instance, if you are a SMN, YOU bring up knowing Y'Mhitra to the others. And Estinien has more alternate lines than just talking about you being an azure dragoon - like when you first meet him with Aymeric.

glamour is never meaningless

You must be 18 years old to post on this website.

And even if a lot of people are not, they stick to console war threads and threads for games like Overwatch and WoW.

FF14's playerbase is in its late 20s on average.

So is it worth playing this weaboo game if I never played it before?

The only FF games I've played are I-VI.

Ugly

Yeah, even on the adults commit error (see: The creation of Cred Forums, glitches in games, mistranslated text in games). I'm not defending doing errors as a professional, but give me a break, we're talking about video games here, not business or life changing decisions.

>That's the same bullshit FFXIV has going on

XIV doesn't have that going on at all.

Glamour is always meaningless, and only autists care about it.

The point is, it's just a few lines throughout the story. It feels less like it was done to make your character feel special and unique and more like it was done simply so the story made sense chronologically.

You've already met Estinien. Ergo, he shouldn't treat you like a stranger when Aymeric introduces him to you.

It's not really worth going out of your way for like Yoshida is insinuating. I seriously doubt the thing with Alisae will be anything more than her saying she recognizes you from Coil.

how does this game run with a toaster with every settings low

You're more likely to get bored sooner before FF fans who give garbage content cycles a pass because muh fan service.

>inb4legionshill

Like a PS3.
Awful
You got a trial go download it.

sunslut

It runs on a PS3. Your toaster has to be better than that to have a chance.

If you like those games then hell yes.

FF14 is a love letter to 2D FF games, you'll fight pretty much every boss from those games with glorious eye candy visuals, and many characters and locations also return. If you can name it, it's probably in FF14.

>it's my sub and I play how I want!
Shitter detected

This game runs on a console with 512MB of RAM and hardware from 2006

If your toaster is worse than that then idk.

i get 20-40fps on integrated graphics in dx9

You're forgetting the part where it runs fucking awful on a PS3.

This game doesn't have high system requirements, no, but it's still not too pleasant to play on a toaster.

I've seen it run decently on "notebook" laptops with no dedicated graphics card.

Your toaster has to be pretty toasted not to run this game at all. Though you really should just get a new computer.

The game is very well optimized, my old computer ran it fine except when there were tons of people around (raids and sometimes hunts)

What the FUCK are you even talking about anymore? The conversation was originally about some autistic user making fun of me for mistyping something.
And besides that statement is true; If I want to go raiding as my endgame goal, I'll go for it. if I want to get best gear as end game I'll do that.

WoWfags are delusional and blind to their game's flaws, but XIVfags are idiots that know their game is bad and still pay a sub for it.

Which fanbase is shittier?

You don't even need the trial, there's two official benchmarks you can download and try out. Get the Heavensward benchmark, turn down the settings, and see how well it runs.

literally not true as of patch 3.1 (or 3.2 idr)

I'm not the same guy and I was making fun of that mentality.

both games are fine you're just a fag for shitposting

I was trying to sell some materia yesterday and someone undercut it by fucking 70k. I would buy the next one up just to spite that dude.

Well it made my character special and unique. People who haven't done the quest storylines just miss out entirely and I get personal recognition for the things that I did in the game, what's wrong with that? There's rarely that level of validation in any video game. And it's not like they can just break the game system to do more than just dialogue. Sure maybe you can skip a quest if you're chummy with a class leader, but that really just shows how insignificant the inbetween quests really are.

she can tip my scales if you catch my drift

I once put up a Piety V for 800k and some faggot from one of my LSs undercut it by 400k, not knowing any better.

Before he could change the price after I yelled at him, someone else undercut him. And it snowballed from there. The price never recovered.

I still have that materia up for 800k just in spite.

This is why I don't really want to get into the Market Board. People undercut by absurd amounts for quick sales and it kills everything.

welcome to economics

It makes the absurd time investment of keeping crafting and gathering up to date hardly worth it in my eyes.

WoWfags are worse because they've been putting up with Blizzards shit for more than a decade. It's battered wife syndrome at this point.

there should really be MORE stuff like this
complaining about personalization is utterly retarded

Pretty sure there's a free trial to lvl 20 or 30 so just try it out.

THEY'RE KILLING US ON THE MARKETBOARD

That's bullshit. It took be about 2 weeks max and I work a full time job.
This is the only mmo still worth playing if you want challenging and satisfying endgame.

see
its well optimized

XIV doesn't have true economics, just pure idiotic teenage economists from WoW

It depends if you have other crafters in your FC to fall back on.

3* Ironworks Gear is super cheap to make in terms of material cost. The most expensive items are legendary node materials and those only depend on how many people are bothering to get them. Because the HQ tome materials are so cheap (and will get cheaper in 3.4), the actual crafting of the equipment isn't nearly as difficult as previous sets have been where you basically had no economical ways of getting HQ base items.

>Black.
She's covered in edible silver paint you turbo faggot.

I'm playing on a new server and know nobody here, so I'm kind of fucked.

If more people learned about how marketboard tax worked and understand what audience your server is, undercutting wouldn't be such a big issue.

Can't wait for the inevitable futa fan art.

anyone else fall for the energy drink meme

Should I play this game if I like the FF games but only got to level 53 in WoW and never played it again?

Understanding tax won't stop idiots from undercutting shit by half.

>Working through the Hildibrand storyline
>Having a good time for the most part
>On the last quest for ARR
>Queue in for Gilgamesh 2.0
>20 minutes later still hasn't popped

Fuck you Hildibrand.

What is there to understand about market board tax?

>edible silver paint
>on a Goddess that's been imprisoned for millenia
>because that's what Goddesses wear, EDIBLE fucking paint.
She's not "black" but she's not fucking human either. And she's not going to fucking wake up in the morning and think, "Hmm, there's a lot of thirsty fanbois out there, I better paint my entire body an edgy color. In fact, let me use paint you can eat!"

You stupid motherfucker.

This game has a SHITTON of references to other FF games so you should probably play it if you like the series.

have they nerfed the first step to relic weapons yet? Thinking of coming back but I don't want to continue my WHM's relic, but do a different job

>get undercut by half on a crafting material
>buy item
>resell it for marked up price
>it sells again quickly because my retainer is stationed in ishgard and there's low tax there in addition most crafters on my server hang out near the MB on there so they pay no tax

Give me proof that goddesses can't wear edible spray paint that lasts through several civilizations.
Checkmate asshole.

This. People sell fucking things on the Marketboard for LESS than the vendor price. I don't understand that shit at all, they're not only selling it for less than Vendor price, e.g; most low materias or common-as-fuck crafting materials, but they're paying a tax on that too to sell for less than vendor price, basically and quite literally throwing gil away

Yeah.
The crystals now drop fairly often and you only need 10 tokens of each now and the crafted items don't have to be HQ.

Yes. 210 step got nerfed super hard. For example, you can complete it in 120 gordias story runs instead of 800.

>inb4 sophia has a "witness me" line when 3.4 hits

>did Gilgamesh 2.0 last night
>popped in 5mins
>queue'd again cuz I wanted the Enkidu minion pet
>popped almost instantly
Maybe your server sucks or you just queue'd at dead times. I mean I queue'd very late at night which is slow for my datacenter too.

Nobody does old content in XIV unless it's forced through relic steps.

this, you can't really do much about it

my method is just completely stocking my retainers with shit to sell and checking/updating the prices every hour or two

They have (two weeks after I finally finished that bullshit) but it's still a stupid ass grind for autists for weapons that will only be relevant in it's last stage and until the next expansion hits and even then not worth the time it takes to get.

Not sure what your talking about since the loot system was fine until they introduced personal loot shit

Most players don't give a shit about the tax when making purchases, user.

And moving to Ishgard is literally the only thing to understand because it's always the lowest.

why do relics when theyre not even best in slot, unless youre a casul

i'm not complaining
i'm saying it's really minor and will not live up to yoshida's hype

I'm a Casual and I ignore the relic because it's a stupid slow RNG grind. I'll deal with my tome or potd weapon, thanks.

something to do when not doing savage I guess

I've never been arsed to make real money in MMO's because more often than not it's a massive chore and a second job.

>playing the game past the first two weeks of patch drops as a casual player
But why?

>Get this game
>Literally cannot pronounce any of the names within
>Really want to make an RP name for a Miqo'te or something but don't know how to come up with one and the names generator in-game are all taken and I'm unoriginal and even if I came up with a good one I wouldn't be able to pronounce it

Probably just going to call myself something silly and hate myself for it.

Because you pay for four weeks and there's no reason to let that time go to waste.

You can basically treat the game as a classic Final Fantasy and if you ignore the other players, there's not a big difference.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63112-Race-Naming-Conventions

But there isn't enough casual content to last that long. It can all be done in a few days.

I get that but how do I come up with a forename and surname without just randomly bashing keys to the guidelines or copying someone else? I'm literally retarded.

To make a suncat name you just take a name you like, put an apostrophe after the first letter, and stick and extra H in the middle somewhere.

To make a mooncat name just pick a name with 2 vowels max. If you're a boy you get an extra bit at the end.

Why can't the players look this good? Like holy fuck her body is perfection. Character overhaul when?

Then you might as well wait for free log ins.

What did she mean by this?

I was in the top 100 Thief players in PvP in Guild Wars 2 back when I played it a few years ago, even though after I hit 80 all I did was ERP and compete in that fucking comp.
has 100% it right.

PS3 limitations please understand.

Just bash keys.

dqiyfbpqzi
D'qaiyf Bhapaqzi

Primetime on a Saturday on Ultros. How is that a bad time?

The other 2 trails in the Hildibrand story popped in under 5 minutes. Now I'm at 35 minutes and still no sign of it popping anytime soon.

That's more or less what I'm saying, user. I'm not sure what you're doing still playing besides paying money just because you can.

M'adarra U'chihahh
S'sukeh Kairi'sora
H'ikari Kawai'i

Yeah go for it, we run old content all the time for glamour items and cash, so you will always have people available for any kind of content, just keep in mind that up to lv50 some classes get their first full rotation and mechanics get more diverse, if you like the nusic, world and maybe lore and find the early level combat somewhat enjoyable, I'd say bare with it since most of it get more complex as you go

>Ultros
>Primal
>ULTROS
Found your problem. Why can't you just get ZR to go with you?

Wasn't the original nigga that posted. Though I have been resubbing just at each patch and play pretty casually. Maybe like 3 or 4 hours a day, more if I feel like talking or doing stuff with my FC.

I don't know if there's a joke here that went over my head, but if you're asking for clarification, the main story of the game is ridiculously classic Final Fantasy.

An evil empire is conquering the world, there're fourish fiends which we're calling primals causing chaos, crystals are somehow involved, you and a ragtag group of people who can't possibly be far removed from their late teens to early twenties have to run around and save it. Also religion is evil and dragons are angry but that comes later.

I need a good Lalafell meme name Cred Forums, help me.

I'm thinking of Bango Zango

The extra aitches we see in names such as “Bhee,” “Kuzh,” and “Pahsh” represent a slight hissing/spitting sound that is made when the name is pronounced by the cat-like Miqo’te. Many of the other races in Eorzea cannot accurately reproduce this sound, so the aitches end up going silent when read (Bee, Kooz, Pash).

Basically add a 'h'. But otherwise, if you type any random name, but with a letter in front. You'll still be doing it more right than most cat characters.

Bears in mind that there are suncats who don't have the usual naming mechanism because they've lived in cities for a few generations. The most common backstory I've seen is the adoption by hyur/elezen BS. Tribe cat exploring a new city is by far the cutest tbqh.

Is it better than the actual FF games by the way? also, you type like a girl lol

"Faggot Catplayer" should work.

>Bango Zango
That's already an NPC name.

Why not be a dunefolk and call yourself memesomething?

d'ank mem'lord

>F'aggot Tia
get it right dipshit

Dank Weed

>Get reported for botting

Thanks for all the naming advice guys, I hope you meet my cute cat in game sometime! Take it easy!

>tfw this is my first proper MMO and I actually want to take it seriously

>V'incent V'alentine

That general is why we have to discuss this game here. Thankfully the mods seem to understand.

On a more related topic, it seems like PotD is super OP in terms of rewards. I hit 60 recently and decided to get the i235 weapon from there, and in the course of obtaining it (~4.5 runs) I grinded enough tomes to get my left side full i200. And I was actually looking forwards to gearing from dungeons too...

Of course, if you actually do play the dungeons you realize that you can only farm 1, which is just dumb. There needs to be a lot more, and a lot more challenging, 4man content in this game.

You picked a single player MMO to start. Good job.

people arent going to take you seriously

I play a cat girl and the bullshit I put up with is astounding. play a male if you want to be left alone

Should I resub?

Im probably gonna spend the time getting my AST to 60 and really main it from here on since I heard it was getting some decent buffs in 3.4?

I just feel like im going back to a dead server since none of my friends will give this game a chance and Diabolos isnt that crowded.

Im so bored of WoW now that I got my 6th alt to 110 and now most of my friends and guild members are rerolling because of the hotfix class changes. Frost DK changes are great though

When is 4.0 coming out?

Speed Weed

what do people do to you? ;)

He can just get a lore wep and upgrade to 240. The price will be reduced. If he needs ilvl before that hunts and centurio seals to buy ESO gear

noct ast or diurnal for dungeons?

What kind of stuff do you put up with?

I don't care. I mostly play online games solo anyway because I suck at them and don't want people bitching at me for taking too long to read dialog or level or whatever.

we haven't seen her final form yet. she may turn giant, the bottom head may take over

Whatever complaints you had when you unsubbed, they haven't fixed it. Honestly it's my favourite MMO available right now but it's filled with problems and until 4.0 launches there's absolutely no chance we'll see any of them fixed.

Resub if you liked the game and only left because of timing or Legion or whatever. Stay unsubbed if you're just thinking of giving it a second chance, because the second chance won't impress you.

4.0 will be announced at fanfest around mid October so we won't get it until summer 2017 I think.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Dank Memedesu

>Want to play a class
>Have to level 3 other classes for optimum ability

I'm really starting to hate the grind from 1-26th to get cross class skills

What's the fastest way? Fates are unreliable and all over the place, I just wanna get this Swiftcast so I can start AST

Or do I need stoneskin too because I don't Have that either

Nigg Let

Make it black

>can't buy the hair separately
>only for 1 character

still bought it because I hate the old Y'shtola hair with those hair bands

>mfw my friend bought it
Fucking jewish tricks

I've never really had any issues with the game outside of finding people to actually play with.

My only issue will be catching up to everyone else before people are done with Alex creator content.

If you arent there for the first wave of people clearing, then you're fucked unless you have people to clear with you, though its no different in WoW

there's a name generator somewhere user, I know it exists because that's how I got my name

reretard retard

it's lore friendly

only if he's a girl

>Jewish trickery

You can blame the idiots on the official forums

>Please Yoship... put this in the game... I'll buy it on the mogstation.. I love your hair yoship

100% fool proof plan to energize the raiding community:

make well designed lingerie and put it on the loot table of Savage bosses

yeah, people who started when it released are still only on their third global cooldown

They'll just bitch they have to do savage to get it and it will be put into story mode the following patch.

>Sell items on steam
>use that dosh to buy mog items

Jews jewing jews

Cant decide for my surname on my Highlander: Valor, Ryder or Hunter?

The funny thing is his first name was the name of an actual Final Fantasy character

I don't think we ever got his last name either so that could totally be it

I think they're doing it for 3.4
Someone interviewed Yoshi and asked if Savage will be different from Normal story-wise and he said they couldn't because they were working on better rewards like "flashier gear".

It starts with one person taking a liking to you then they show you to their friends and before you know it, you're doing backrubs in private cottages and talking about date nights and marriages.

Glamour is the true endgame

>elezen names are typically just french/german names
>name my guy Ritcher Lacroix

fantastic

Heaven Sward

Wait, you can pay for more than subs with steam wallet?

You think I raided in WoW for the challenge and banging my head against a boss for weeks? I did it so I could show off my epic loot and shittalk the shamans in the paladin chat.

It's Heavens ward you dumbass

You're both wrong, it's Heave n' Sward

It's Heaven Sword but Yoshi-p made a typo because he's a fucking hack

resub on even numbered patches.

Fuck if only real women wore bike shorts with robes like that and thigh high boots.

They exist. They're called whores.

Yes you can buy mog stations items

How is this bait? It's well known that both ESO, SWTOR and WoW have more players, wouldn't be surprised if even Guildwars 2 had it as well.

>recently got some extra cash to burn
>considering buying shit out of the cash shop for the first time ever

Whenever they start selling Krile's hood I know I'm finally gonna give into their kike tactics too.

They already said they're gonna sell it, just a matter of rigging it to other races. Please look forward to it.

t. person who has never raided

Shit nigga, I need to do that sometime.

Well I'm already a Lalagirl so that's not really an issue for me but yeah. I expect it some time between now and 4.0.

>try to get free of FFXIV's grasp
>start playing WoW for a few weeks
>normies and furfags everywhere
>start to miss the other weebs

Being a weeb sucks

I am trying really hard not to resub

I just want to cuddle with a cute cat and go on adventures with them but I'm alone and too sad to make friends with anybody.

>learning sephex blind
>manage to keep the party alive through like 3 people dead on the first phase through mitigation and shields
>people keep complimenting me on my healing

feels good

heres how you make friends in ff14

you walk up to someone
sit next to them
/pet

its really the easiest thing ever

go to Balmung. say you want a cute cat to go on adventures with in /sh

be careful though. some of those adventures may involve penis. and not yours either

You know what sucks?
The freckles in XIV are garbo.

Considering they added Thancred/Y'shtolas new outfit, I expect Kirlle's to be next very soon. Probably before 3.4, whenever the autumn/halloween event is.

Easy things to fish are undercut to hell and back.
Though the only proffitable fishies are:
Mazlaya Marlin: 195k
Coelacanth: 80k
Blood Red Bonytongue: 500k
Helmsman's Hand: 2M (my main focus)

Speaking of the Halloween event I'm excited for that shit, the Halloween items are usually pretty top tier shit. I still pretty much exclusively use the broom mount from last year.

He played in balmung right

Do whm's still meld acc?

It's not exactly better

Yes, Yoshi confirmed that no healer gear in 3.4 has accuracy on it.

>FF11
>Balmung

>melding acc
why
healers are supposed to heal, not DPS.

Here's your (you)

Do people do male/male RPs?

Could anyone post their Dragoon/Warrior hotkey layouts?
I'm going to reach heavensword soon-ish and I feel like I'm going to have to change my layout a decent amount to make way for the new abilities.

Only if they are gay.

That's kinda what I want

I thought whm didn't meld acc because they solo heal most of the fights while the sch gets as much as possible

FFXIV is honestly great. It won't ever be my main MMO since i have such deep roots in warcraft but i still buy some playtime and go back to it for a month or two every now and then.

>that UI

No you don't.
Pretend to be female instead and get fucked silly.

I feel like I know this cat.

Post yours and i will see if i can make improvements.
I started fucking around with it last night but i constantly tweak stuff.

How big are your hands?

you don't need big hands as long as you don't use modifier keys to switch hotbars

Top left row and the m buttons are mouse buttons. I don't play much goon so I just used my blm setup.

>just finished Coil for the first time in time for 3.4
thanks Rude

>friend has been running Ifrit EX for two weeks trying to get her mount drop
>got mine on my first clear and never looked back

Well first off, low resolution aside you're clearly smarter than 90% of players just based on the fact that you don't have all your abilities still bound to 1-9 and then click them with the mouse.

You can still make use of more keys around your hand though. F1, F2, the key to the left of 1, Z, the key to the left of Z, and so on.

I'd put abilities you need to use reflexively closer to WASD though. Elusive Jump can save you, but not if you have to reach all the way to 5 to use it.

What server are you playing at user? I also want to befriend a cute cat/dragon.

It's a dragonfu, so

Cred Forums wasn't created by an adult you newfag

And look, here is a prime example of the kind of total retardation I was referring to. You can bet this DRG spends most of his time in puddles on the floor.

I just want to befriend anyone and go on adventures. Socializing in MMOs seems like it used to be so much easier.

>Those astrologian buffs
Who mASTer race, here?

Has anyone managed to make the UI similar t XI's?

Not really possible unless you can remember everything on your hotbars from memory.

>mch was a little stale when I tried it at the start of HW
>was the class that made me try it again since ARR jobs were kinda boring
>drop it for a long time
>potd update
>mfw playing 60 mch

Holy fuck. Can I make it to 60 by monday night?

Also is there a plain dress that is cheap I can glamor? That southern bell gunslinger trope is too good.

nice teamspeak info

>4.0Preview.png

Yee boi

So are lancer/dragoon a nice class or not

I don't use it so go crazy

I set it to windowed borderless and never bothered to fuck with my resolution.
Just shoot me.

youtube.com/watch?v=jYmn3Gwn3oI

Yes
Every job is viable

You have the Dress and the Spring Dress you can make. Plenty of cowboy hats now too. Not sure what you'd use for the top to go with the dress though.

>Mfw I just caught 2 Helmsman's Hand

There is a problem until level 26. You either lose DPS by using your 1-2 combo, or you lose DPS by falling asleep at the keyboard.

yes, 2 male roes

So what severs are everyone playing at? Also post pictures of your idle location!

DRG never gets fun

I did my DR this morning and after the reset.
All my healers were AST.

They got one of the more interesting "GL3 like" buffs with the interplay between BotD and Geirskogul. Their rotation is just too damn robotic.

I'm right behind you

Balmung.
I have an unoriginal idle spot, but it offers a nice view. If the cities were all one zone like 1.0, it'd make for some nice people watching too. Oh well.

Goblin. I don't think anyone here plays on it though.

Fiddle Kiddle

why do you want so many pictures of people's characters user
what are you planning

i don't see how you figure that, i tend to out dps most drgs despite wearing mostly 210 garbage. it isn't even my main class

It's probably the general fucks who want to turn the Cred Forums threads like the /vg/ one.

No, I am on to you

Ragnarok here

Can't I be curious where everyone plays? It's not like anyone here will or is avatarfagging just because of posting a picture of an idle lcoation.

It's a slippery slop, and it will turn into avatarposting.

Here's mine. Also the WAR macros so you don't need seperate buttons for IB/FellCleave and Steel/Decimate. If you press the Macro, it'll change you to the stance and also swap your skills. Just be careful and aware of the cd on stance swapping, since if you press it early, it'll change your skills but not your stance.

If you ask for stuff like that each thread, it will bring in actual avatarfags

Keep it in moderation

It was a a few days ago since I asked this the last time.

That's actually pretty cool.
I remember something similar in OG WoW for charging/intercepting.

Is there a beginner's guide to chocobo racing? I've never touched it, but I heard it's a decent way of raking in MGP.

Does anyone know how to activate the camera mode?

How do I join Cred Forums guild? I don't want to play alone.

FYI those IB/Fell Cleave macros (as well as stance macros) fuck with the GCD/oGCD interaction.

/gpose or /icam
Depends how you want the camera to behave

Thank you!
My screenshots will looks a lot better now.

>Doing the basic 1-2-3 on monk at iLevel 230 will get you about 1200 DPS
>There are still monks doing less than 1K

there are ninjas doing 500 dps on 230 gear

>Catshit
>Slut glamor
>Macroed abilities, fucks with skill queueing
>No rhyme or reason to skill placement, skill bars crawling half way up the fucking screen, can't see shit.

Whatever you do, don't copy this garbage. He's been carried though any content that matters.

There are bards doing 250 dps at 230

You play on Ultros.
Just say you're from Cred Forums in the application.

By the way, if you do /icam with a target name, it'll focus on that person. Also /gpose loops emotes and syncs them with anyone in your party. Also makes you face the camera so put your camera in the position you want before you activate it and then move it around.

Thanks. The top is the issue but ill find something.

There are drgs who still think they need to tank the floor at 230

I think the Vath chest piece would be a pretty good gunslinger part

It barely covers 1/15th of my screen though. The macro doesn't affect your skill Queues. ALl it does is change the hotbar.

>Doing daily trial
>Nidhogg
>DRG: Haha it's good guys I'll tank the floor :)
>They die no less than 3 times before the healers figure out he wasn't joking and don't even raise him

It's not a skill macro, it's a hotbar switch macro, you can use it whenever.

Why did you give up and join the erp server?

Who wants to know?

Thanks for the tips!

The Warring Triad primals in XIV all seem to have the same charcoal colored skin.

Which is odd, but probably a result of being stuck in a literal torture chamber for millenia.

Take a guess.

member when there werent wowfags in final fantasy?

No, not really.

And what even indicates someone is a WoWfag?

Literally everybody does old content because the of the daily roulettes.

>It's a shitty tank that bitches the whole run episode.

if they call glamors "transmogs"

>its a healer who demands bigger pulls then dies when it happens episode

I have a few ideas, but I don't know how you'd even know who I was from just seeing my armor.

>few ideas
You mean one.

And because I checked out of curiosity once.

>It's a DPS doing less damage than the tank episode

>It's a slutty cute healer episode.

>its a 3/4 people in the group are friends and have full conversations full of inside jokes episode

>It's a tank can't handle his big pulls after two Flares episode

>it's a DRK forgot Darkside and Grit before pulling episode

>it's never an old wizard lookalike healer episode

I've got two, and one is unlikely.

>It's a DRK that won't turn on Darkside because he needs the mana for the bosses.

>It's a DRK who doesn't use darkside the whole run episode.

>It's a holy fuck how can you even live with yourself being so fucking lazy you can't even spend a couple of minutes reading up on how to play your class in this game you've spent at least dozens of hours on episode.

So basically one you fukn dork

I know there have to be people on here who are these fucking retards who do half the DPS they should be.

Say hi sometime, we should catch up.

Sure. I haven't really been playing much lately. Static kinda died months ago.

>it's a DRK constantly toeing the line between little and no MP constantly using Dark Arts episode

Send me a steam invite or just hit me up ingame, I'm usually around.

Have you used it before?

Like 3 or 4 times

dude playing potd made me realize people dont even have a grasp on the basics

>Out dpsing melee with a mch with low level Apool gear
>nobody pops cooldowns let alone weave them
>if they do they do it like 5-10 seconds before a pull at once
>tank is in tank stance before floor 50
>healer not in cleric
>poor damage all around

I get showered in comms as a "average" dps since I do basic shit.

Playing dragoon in regular dungeons was funny "oh hes not retarded and uses cooldows and AoEs with 4+ enemies!"

You received a player commendation!

When HW came out I used it to become a dragon girl

Same here, but back to catwaifu again.

Used it twice
Once to go from female Highlander to male Au Ra.
Another time a week later to go back to Highlander.

I usually commend DRG even if they do nothing more than maintain heavy thrust, I wonder if I'm part of the issue.

three times

>nobody pops cooldowns let alone weave them
It's not just PotD, a lot of people don't use damage boosting cooldowns during pulls in regular dungeons either.

Like, if it's on a minute or so CD there's no reason you shouldn't be using it every pull and you'll be speeding up the run by a fair margin doing so.

Am I the only one who has a problem finding a class to stick with? I just can't decide what class to level to 60.

Yeah

I used my free one from having 1.0 on my account to touch up my cat. I can't remember what I used my 1st sub month one for. And I have the one from the HW collector's edition sitting in my retainer.

I came into the game wanting to be a healer and it came as a really pleasant surprise that I'm also a trash nuke too.

I've nearly maxed out everything else during this patch lull but nothing appeals to me as much.

I'll hop on one of these days maybe. I think I still have a character or two over there.

No, I have 2-3 sitting around somewhere.

Im happy with what i've chosen, the only adjustments ive made was hair style and a darker hair color.

That's not even that autistic. I've seen people doing changes every 2 days.

Yeah one of the best things about this game is the level of healer participation. You're not just topping off health bars, you're weaving in damage spells and helping with mitigation cds. Breezing through an expert in 12 min with your friends is a great feeling just because of the sheer magical destruction a healer can pull off.

Shortest I've done was a fantasia to cat and a fantasia back to something else four hours later after I realized that as much as I like the occasional qt cat, I can't stand playing them.

And a lot of those were actual gifts for friends too so those ones technically shouldn't count.

>>nobody pops cooldowns let alone weave them
I have blood for blood but in raid and dungeon settings I always forget to pop it, because while leveling that +25% damage sustained can legitimately get you killed.

Not worth the monthly fee.

how to make 1m fast? my craft and gathering levels are super low

At the start of HW to become a scaley and then switching back to midlander when 3.1 hit.

HELP

is there a macro or something i can use on cleric stance so I dont doubletap it

I can understand why some people would say that

for losers like me who spend 12 hours a day on this shit its well worth it.
I would be spending 60+ a month on shitty games on steam if it werent for ffxiv.

Prostitute yourself at the Quick Sand.

Aren't these illegal?

New thread when?

Sell the grade V materia you get for free from weekly Mhachi raid is a start.

Yes.

>Like, if it's on a minute or so CD there's no reason you shouldn't be using it every pull and you'll be speeding up the run by a fair margin doing so.

exactly some dragoons dont even pop BotD when you can refresh it so its like never on CD

no excuse you cant use BFB on a tank unless you are talking about solo leveling then all I can say is be careful

They will most likely get you banned if you use 'em.

He's not posting it on the official forums.

You fool. You're letting those people into a6s 'clear' parties now.

Yeah, better report him to Square's FBI division just to make sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=rmQFcVR6vEs

>War second
>Drg has 2 deaths and does less dps than the paladin

4 times. I don't like playing a class that looks wierd for a character. I could never play a male roe healer or a lala that isn't a mage.

>that drg and summ

HOW you'd have to be trying to do that

Yoshi is okay with it as long as you don't be an ass about it, constantly reminding people that they should be doing 30 more dps.

>be doing 30 more dps.
>implying it's ever just 30

SE has a blanket "don't use third party software" rule but it's never been enforced for parsers.
Shitters just like to shout that you're bullying them. I've called out hundreds of people since 3.0 and haven't been pulled aside by a single GM.

That was A5 normal. NORMAL.
A DRG DIED TWICE ON NORMAL.

The WAR gave me a salute and commented me on the way out but that's probably because I was feeding him Wardens Paeans, not because I'm the only reason the group didn't hit enrage. Does A5 NORMAL even have enrage?

>A DRG DIED TWICE ON NORMAL.
I'm gonna raise you with this A6 Normal

How do people fuck up this badly? Pretty sure just doing the 2.0 rotation/putting dots up would put them well above what they are doing

There's always some asshole running into every single mine.

My favourite part of this picture is that the AST has a balance drawn and a balance saved but no one to give it to.