Elder Scrolls Book ideas

Hey guys, I'm trying to think of good ideas for a book I'm trying to write about the Elder Scrolls. I want it to be as lore friendly as possible, so any info you can give me would be extremely helpful.

Anyway, I haven't given it a name yet, but it takes place during the Fourth Era of Elsweyr. The plot goes like this.
>The Mane pays a visit to the City of Senchal away from his guarded home of Torval. While there he gets assassinated by political extremists who want to kick Imperials out of Elsweyr.
>The Extremists are led by Khajiit who's history is unknown, but might possibly have ties to the Daedra
>The assassination of the Mane leads to the moons in the sky disappearing, and since the type of Khajiit born is tied the moon's phases, all Khajiit born are deformed and still.

I don't have an ending planned quite yet, but the type of story I'm going for is something detailed and conspiracy heavy such as Deus Ex or Metal Gear Solid. And the writing style I'm going for is George R.R. Martin, with no faction being a clear winner since I want to emphasize the unseen conflict and propaganda war between the Dominion and the Empire, as well as include very sciency explanations of Magic and the Gods that exist in the Elder Scrolls series.

Here's some questions I'd like to have answered if anyone can answer them. What's the current Emperor during the time of Void Nights? How are the economics during this time, and specifically did banks exist? I want to have something that could trap the Soul of someone directly tied to the divine, such as the Mane. Any suggestions?

I've actually written some pages in my fanfiction Elder Scrolls: Impossible, but I haven't updated it in forever, and I've gone back and read some of my stuff and a lot of it is awful. I'm planning on just rewriting and starting from scratch.

What would you guys like to see in an Elder Scrolls book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ik0BPKM9WQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What would you guys like to see in an Elder Scrolls book?

A disclaimer that it isn't canon so the fuckwits around here don't take it as such.

>fan fiction autism.
Why not write a book in an original setting, so that there's even the slightest chance you could make money out of it?

Sadly, this desu. Sorry Op. Nobody except die hard Bethesda autists would ever buy that. But, if you are just doing it for fun then go ahead. Nobody is stopping you.

Cause it'll be my first book, and I want to practice my writing and how to remember important plot and lore details. That's why I'm attempting it on a video game tie in that I probably won't make any money off of. Once this is done, I'm thinking of writing a book about Superheroes who are sponsored by companies so they have company logos on their outfits.

That's okay, it's just meant for fans anyway. Probably won't even exist off of the internet.

>Three responses
>Not a single one of them has been helpful.
Come on guys. I'm asking for answers and helpful advice, not cynicism.

> I'm thinking of writing a book about Superheroes who are sponsored by companies so they have company logos on their outfits

HAHAHAHAHAHA, thats it? Superheroes selling out? You've heard of Watchmen right?

youtube.com/watch?v=ik0BPKM9WQg

I read Watchmen. I admit it's an inspiration, but I don't think its the same as my idea. Watchmen was about vigilantism not but condone by the government, so they're either forced into retirement or work directly for the government. My idea more pertains how I think Superheroes would be more of a PMC regulated career, where they more popular superheroes who cause minimum collateral are sponsored by the most companies, and are therefore given more income and fame, while less popular superheroes who aren't able to keep up go into poverty.

So do you really enjoy superheroes?

Heck yeah. I love Superheroes. I even like watching the anime versions of them such as OPM, and Bunny and Tiger and Boku no hero Academia. Bunny and Tiger, in fact, has a lot of aspects that I'm thinking about writing.

You want to write Elder Scrolls fanfiction, publish a book about superheroes sponsored by companies which has totally never been done ad nauseam by comics, and your inspiration is anime.

Ok, you got me, I thought you were serious up until that point. Either you're bait, or you're TBBT audience incarnate.

Are you literally 10 years old?

You want Tiger & Bunny?

Sure, other comics and stories have done it, but often what separates similar stories is the quality of writing, and the care to detail put in, as well as tone and the willingness to do a few things different. I was also going to put in a bunch of Conspiracies, caste system, and have a bunch of main characters killed.
I don't see you attempting anything worthwhile.

I'm really disappointed. Nobody has offered a single piece of advice, or answered a single one of my questions. Anons would rather instead for attempting to do something they perceive of low brow. That's like making fun of a developer for making video games. And I would've thought you guys would've loved a book based on the lore of a beloved video game series.

just lore my shit up senpaitachi

You'll purchase my book, right guys?

>What would you guys like to see in an Elder Scrolls book?
smaller scale stories would be far better, than whatever you are going for

something like the argonian account

Well, I was planning to write the story from a everyman's perspective. One of my main characters is Necromancer who is pretends to be a doctor, but is shit at it so he just buy soul gems to reanimated the body with a different animals soul. The other is a Khajiit actress in a traveling small time theater troupe. And the last is an Orc who is out for revenge against, and is basically a rip off of Brad from Lisa.

Sounds good.

vet* not a doctor. My mistake. Do Vets even exist in the Elder Scrolls? Also he's friends with a brilliant Altmer inventor who has a crippled leg.

I sure hope you're not going to write it in English

You're better off asking reddit.

>Spell checking doesn't exist.
>Also, lol you you're spelling and grammar sucks
I can assure you I treat something I'm trying to professionally write better than I would treat a post on Cred Forums.

>I want it to be as lore friendly as possible

Stop.
TES lore is as much of a sandbox as the game itself. It isn't even consistent in of itself. And I don't mean over the course of multiple games, but the games themselves are not even consistent.

Well, that's something I noticed. That's why I want to do this. I want to show Bethesda that the best way to write a fantasy world is with creativity, consistent lore, and interesting characters. This is something the Bethesda games have sorely been lacking recently.

But you can't fix the lore if there is no basis to work with. Just read all the books that people find ingame, then try to make something that would fit in there. You could even mod it into the game, as long as its good. And maybe people looking for more books in their game would add it.
THough you need to understand what people are looking for, when they read them.

But I want a story worth remembering. Something with heart, and feels like you'd find in a story based game, and using the established science and history of the world it's in to create something akin to sophistication.